Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Regency Reunion

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I know they meet to discuss what everyone has going on.  They have to decide who has something happening they can form a trip around, who has a major event that could host the season finale. The question is, do they tell them what they have to use as their center story, or is it organic? And if they do tell them, how to know what is real and when to blame a ho'wife for something stupid, when it might have been production saying "you have to do this if you want to be on the show"? If Tinsley is being forced to live with Sonja and doesn't actually want to, what to do with that? Is her struggle to be out on her own and find a place for herself real, or is it all production?  Is Sonja really a horrendous bitch of a host, or just pissy because she doesn't actually want this person living in her home but was told she had to let her live there to stay on the show? And are we to believe that only Sonja and Tinsley were told how they had to live and portray themselves on the show (which if production made them is completely fake), but no one else has ever been told what to do or how to act? My guess is this is all fakery developed by Sonja and agreed to by Tinsley to make it an interesting dynamic and production thought it a great idea. 

We may see negotiations differently.  I don't think things are presented as a "do this or else".  Production signed Tinsley and it was actually someone we have heard of - not a Kristen or a vagina bedazzler. I believe they are presented more along the lines of, "we are bringing Tinsley Mortimer on and it is our understanding you know her." It worked well for filming last year when Luann stayed with you."  (Meaning you picked up some per diem days $$$)  I am certain if Sonja said, "I am not interested," they would have found another way to introduce Tinsley.  Maybe even through the tea party at Sonja's where only Dorinda was not invited.  However, Sonja realizes it is easy filming in her house and picking up a day or two per diem for essentially not having to leave home.  Sonja decided the course by the silly rules she put in place.  It wasn't until they were in the Berkshires that Sonja realized they should have been hanging out having real conversations.  One conversation they should have had is maybe Tinsley talking with Sonja about the abuse she suffered.  Instead it becomes this competitive thing with Sonja about who knows who, and some ridiculous set of manners no one subscribes to and Sonja's assistant Conner.  What is true is production would not have wasted a set up just to watch Sonja wash her undies in the bidet so having Tinsley there is a benefit.  Connor without Tinsley is a bit of a snore.

Ramona gave an interview where she claimed a producer and she named him told her she need to have her voice heard this season.  Translation-Ramona you got nothing going on better stir some crap up.  Of all people to identify Ramona's explosion on Bethenny, Jill Zarin said, she thought it was something Ramona should have expressed years earlier instead of keeping it in.  Couple that with Ramona's ridiculous Nancy Drew tactics and forcing Luann and Tom to be in situations around their exes. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

What does this mean?  I've been trying to figure it out for half an hour and I am stumped.  Thanks. 

My apologies, I have no idea why this is bold. I can't fix it. 

Maharincess

Edges are created using the baby hair to create the illusion of finished hair. It smooths everything out and can help mask a receding hairline. Ramona needs to also use something like Toppik (hair fibers) to fill in those bald spots and make her hair look "fuller".

All the real hair Ramona has left seems to be baby hair.

• Love 2
On 6/21/2017 at 11:03 PM, QuinnM said:

Ramona, Paul Mitchell makes an excellent hair mask.  Decent price, $12.99 I think.  You just put in on, wait 5 minutes and voila you no longer look like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.

LMAO!!! Dead.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Some of the previous comments had me laughing so hard I feared for my health. But as usual, you, ZaldamoWilder, are the one who may have finally KILLED me.

LOL!!  Fair turnabout.  I was resurrected from the RHOP thread, just yesterday. 

p.s. - illustration also applicable to the act of "snatching one's edges"  - def.:  a. verbal annihilation so indisputably comprehensive as to leave one barren of dignity.  b. stingy hairline.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I just realized I forgot to read the last 2 TrashTalkTV recaps. This is what the blogger said 2 weeks ago:

Tinsley wants to know how committed they are and Frenchie says that he is serious. He says that he spends time with other women but just as friends. Why doesn’t he come with closed captions? I’m only picking up every third word like he’s on a Nextel. Anyway, Sonja says it’s all about good food and good sex. Tinsley prefers to stick with one person instead of sleeping around if she’s into someone. She is all about breaking and entering her way into love as needed though. Sonja’s scared because she wasn’t looking for a relationship and she’s still dating Rocco who might break Connor’s legs in lieu of hers. Frenchie knows about this man called Rocco and something something, closed caption needed, something something. She says she’s dating a French and an Italian.

LOL

• Love 6

Only after coming on here do I learn that there was evidently a scene in which Carole and Sexy Salad argue over a Buddha head?  I swear I sat down and watched this whole episode, but I do not recall this at. all.  Maybe my body entered a dissociative fugue state due to giving so few shits about these people anymore. 

• Love 13

Heck, if we look at all of them, most don't have personal storylines either, well except Luann.

Right, therefore it doesn't make much sense that Sonja's job was in jeopardy, when she's just one of the folk. (Unless you know some inside info to the contrary?)

What gets me is how vocal some of these women are in their pride at how many of the other HW's lovers they have shared.

In the realm of reality tv, though, it's a pretty great asset. Part of the brilliance of Vanderpump Rules is that all the players truly are/were intimately involved with each other on some level, which makes for more organic storylines.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I just realized I forgot to read the last 2 TrashTalkTV recaps. This is what the blogger said 2 weeks ago:

Tinsley wants to know how committed they are and Frenchie says that he is serious. He says that he spends time with other women but just as friends. Why doesn’t he come with closed captions? I’m only picking up every third word like he’s on a Nextel. Anyway, Sonja says it’s all about good food and good sex. Tinsley prefers to stick with one person instead of sleeping around if she’s into someone. She is all about breaking and entering her way into love as needed though. Sonja’s scared because she wasn’t looking for a relationship and she’s still dating Rocco who might break Connor’s legs in lieu of hers. Frenchie knows about this man called Rocco and something something, closed caption needed, something something. She says she’s dating a French and an Italian.

LOL

LOL @ and something something something. hahahahha!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

One conversation they should have had is maybe Tinsley talking with Sonja about the abuse she suffered.  Instead it becomes this competitive thing with Sonja about who knows who, and some ridiculous set of manners no one subscribes to and Sonja's assistant Conner. 

I agree, Sonja really wasted a chance for an interesting season. These women always think a "good" story line has to involve men (hello, eighth grade!)  but Sonja and Tinsley could've have won the season, just by playing off each other (talking about bad relationships in the past, their best hopes for their future, watching chick flicks & making lists of all the things rom com women do wrong,  trying to do all those over the top self help "building self esteem" steps together -- a whole schtick in the tradition of Carrie/Miranda, Romy/Michelle, Mary/Rhoda, Lucy/Ethel.  Instead, the stupidity of an actual "hats being delivered" storyline, as if Sonja were the Countess of Grantham warning Anna Bates how to behave. (Although,  it would have been hilarious if Sonja figured that out,  halfway through the fight -- "He can't answer the door for you, to take delivery of your hat, because......because....you were in a bad relationship!")

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

This woman is beyond beautiful. 

21 minutes ago, ladle said:

Maybe my body entered a dissociative fugue state due to giving so few shits about these people anymore. 

LOL

• Love 4

"Would subletting be better because they are furnished?"

Yes. And I don't think she needs to start buying furniture...just get away from Sonja and find a nice place to call home. If she can swing 5-6 grand a month, she can do very well in lots of good Manhattan neighborhoods. Then, take a look around the city...it changes and she's been away for a while. Get a two year sublet, and if the RHONY thing doesn't work out, she is free to go elsewhere. The rest of these housewives are much older...she does not need to take advice from them. Look at their lives. She could do much better.

• Love 8

From trashtalktv.

RHONY-06.21.2017-ramona-ponytail.png

“I sent her six evites and she declined each one. We’re in constant communication. I fixed it.”

I love when people post in HW-think!  :D

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

LOL @ and something something something. hahahahha!!!

While they were lying on Sonja's bed I think he said

Zer udda woo men were toke in about uss. Dos Beeches....and he did air quotes too

I really think Edgar spends lots of time watching "Friends" episodes

tumblr_lsxiigas821qf28p4o3_250.gif

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ladle said:

Only after coming on here do I learn that there was evidently a scene in which Carole and Sexy Salad argue over a Buddha head?  I swear I sat down and watched this whole episode, but I do not recall this at. all.  Maybe my body entered a dissociative fugue state due to giving so few shits about these people anymore. 

Probably because when you think of argument on this show you think of yelling and screaming. Carole and BF are so chill that their "arguing" doesn't rise to anyone else's arguing. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

While they were lying on Sonja's bed I think he said

Zer udda woo men were toke in about uss. Dos Beeches....and he did air quotes too

I really think Edgar spends lots of time watching "Friends" episodes

tumblr_lsxiigas821qf28p4o3_250.gif

I'm patiently waiting to hear Frenchie say "Come and tie my shoe"

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I agree, Sonja really wasted a chance for an interesting season. These women always think a "good" story line has to involve men (hello, eighth grade!)  but Sonja and Tinsley could've have won the season, just by playing off each other (talking about bad relationships in the past, their best hopes for their future, watching chick flicks & making lists of all the things rom com women do wrong,  trying to do all those over the top self help "building self esteem" steps together -- a whole schtick in the tradition of Carrie/Miranda, Romy/Michelle, Mary/Rhoda, Lucy/Ethel.  

I guess Sonja rarely passes the Bedchel test.  Even when she's not talking about men she's screeching about Connor.

Have to admit Bethenny passes the Bedchel test very often. 

Luann would not.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I guess Sonja rarely passes the Bedchel test.  Even when she's not talking about men she's screeching about Connor.

LOL -- so true (even when she talks about her dogs -- all male, yes?)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Have to admit Bethenny passes the Bedchel test very often. 

Luann would not.  

Sonja and LuAnn are astonishingly similar. Though Sonja will find men accountable for wrongdoing and seems to keep female friends longer than LuAnn. 

LuAnn cannot and will not hold men accountable no matter how badly they transgress. She has a great relationship with her ex because she'll never call Alex an asshole for cheating on her for years. She has a wonderful relationship with Adam even though, according too her, he was lying to Carole and her niece, but it's some how Carole's fault. This one has always gotten to me because if this was true, why would you want your niece to continue dating a guy who is cheating on her and lying to both women.

And then there's Tom. I feel like he might be best friends with Jim Edmonds because I've never seen two men who outwardly appear like the choices they've made were forced upon them when we obviously know that isn't true. 

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Though Sonja will find men accountable for wrongdoing and seems to keep female friends longer than LuAnn. 

On her special Lu had a few female friends that predated her moving to Europe, so I don't think that's the case. Have we seen a bunch Sonja's long term female friends? Not that necessarily means anything Ramona has a gazillion female friends that she has had for a long time ant she is well, Ramona.

• Love 9
(edited)
22 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole and Tinsley were discussing the Botanical Garden Winter Wonderland Themed Party which occurred December 9, 2016.

Anne-Hathaway-800x470-1481567116.jpg

2017MarApr_Events_Carole-Radziwill-and-T

They were talking about the article from Page Six, Anne Hathaway got the write up/photo, Tinsley & Carole were mentioned in the article but not photographed.

I do agree Anne dressed was okay but did not go with the white theme and Anne's dress really didn't have a wow factor

Carole and Tinsley both look really nice. Anne H. looks boring.  Not feeling the gloves or the fur, but I'm especially loving Carole's dress.

20 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

It's a moo point.

Bwah!  I legitimately say "moo" instead of "moot" every time it comes up. It's usually met with laughter (from fellow Friends watchers) or WTF-ness.

9 hours ago, ChitChat said:

What gets me is how vocal some of these women are in their pride at how many of the other HW's lovers they have shared.   I don't consider myself a prude, but I'm of the mindset that an individual's sexual exploits should be kept private.  I like the saying: "Those who can, do; those who can't, talk about it."  YMMV.  

That's cool.  I personally am glad it's not the 1950s and that women can talk just as freely about their sex lives as they please. Vive la (sexual) revolution!

4 hours ago, ladle said:

LMAO @ your fugue state. I often feel that way during Bethenny scenes.  I tend to tune out when she's shilling the SG.  Anywho, the conversation between A and C about the Buddha head BARELY registered on the "argument" scale.  It was really just a playful/teasing conversation about who should keep it. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 8

And speaking of the "moo point", I was in law school (first year) when the girl sitting next to me leaned over and asked me, "When do we do Moose Court?"  ( I seriously wanted to ask what her LSAT score was...) ...Probably a relative of Ramona.....

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

That's cool.  I personally am glad it's not the 1950s and that women can talk just as freely about their sex lives as they please. Vive la (sexual) revolution!

It's not that I don't think women should discuss intimate details with a close friend (all I've got is co-workers - no girlfriends, so I've never had anybody to discuss this kind of thing with, but it's nice for those of you who do have those kinds of friendships), it's the thought of these ladies bragging about which skeevy ones they've all shared.    Most of their conquests give me the creeps.   Standing in the corner announcing loudly to each other all of the ones they collectively fucked is tacky, IMO.  I don't know how they crawled into bed with some of those men.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It's not that I don't think women should discuss intimate details with a close friend (all I've got is co-workers - no girlfriends, so I've never had anybody to discuss this kind of thing with, but it's nice for those of you who do have those kinds of friendships), it's the thought of these ladies bragging about which skeevy ones they've all shared.    Most of their conquests give me the creeps.   Standing in the corner announcing loudly to each other all of the ones they collectively fucked is tacky, IMO.  I don't know how they crawled into bed with some of those men.  

Their social circle is really small and incestuous. So is the Kardashians' circle. Kylie is dating the ex of her brother's baby mama. Or even in Hollywood. How many people have banged John Mayer, A-Rod, Leo Dicaprio, Nick and Joe Jonas, Wilmer Valderama, Colin Farrell, or Jared Leto?

Heck, Carole's mother in law slept with JFK and Aristotle Onassis. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

So is the Kardashians' circle. Kylie is dating the ex of her brother's baby mama. Or even in Hollywood. How many people have banged John Mayer, A-Rod, Leo Dicaprio, Nick and Joe Jonas, Wilmer Valderama, Colin Farrell, or Jared Leto?

Heck, Carole's mother in law slept with JFK and Aristotle Onassis. 

I don't look to any of those people to be a shining example of what a moral compass is!  ;)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Sonja and LuAnn are astonishingly similar. Though Sonja will find men accountable for wrongdoing and seems to keep female friends longer than LuAnn. 

LuAnn cannot and will not hold men accountable no matter how badly they transgress. She has a great relationship with her ex because she'll never call Alex an asshole for cheating on her for years. She has a wonderful relationship with Adam even though, according too her, he was lying to Carole and her niece, but it's some how Carole's fault. This one has always gotten to me because if this was true, why would you want your niece to continue dating a guy who is cheating on her and lying to both women.

And then there's Tom. I feel like he might be best friends with Jim Edmonds because I've never seen two men who outwardly appear like the choices they've made were forced upon them when we obviously know that isn't true. 

I would disagree as far as Luann not maintaining female friendships.  She is still friends with Sonja, Jill and Kelly.  I can't say the same for Sonja she has been quite tacky when it comes to Luann.  The squirter comments, the Ray situation-really wanting to gossip about Luann on camera?  Bad look.   I don't think Luann warms up to people and gets in real deep because she has a life outside the show.   As far as calling her ex an asshole, "why?", he is still the father of her children. Sonja doesn't make a lot of negative comments about her suitors past or present-except Tom.  I don't recall Luann doing a lot of name calling.  Luann certainly held Mario accountable for his slur against her, and said point blank she never liked him once he and Ramona divorced. She also stated she didn't think Jason and Bethenny would make it. 

I do agree about Tom and Jim Edmonds.  It is such old schtick to pretend like they were landed like some sort of prized game. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I would disagree as far as Luann not maintaining female friendships.  She is still friends with Sonja, Jill and Kelly.  I can't say the same for Sonja she has been quite tacky when it comes to Luann.  The squirter comments, the Ray situation-really wanting to gossip about Luann on camera?  Bad look.   I don't think Luann warms up to people and gets in real deep because she has a life outside the show.   As far as calling her ex an asshole, "why?", he is still the father of her children. Sonja doesn't make a lot of negative comments about her suitors past or present-except Tom.  I don't recall Luann doing a lot of name calling.  Luann certainly held Mario accountable for his slur against her, and said point blank she never liked him once he and Ramona divorced. She also stated she didn't think Jason and Bethenny would make it. 

I do agree about Tom and Jim Edmonds.  It is such old schtick to pretend like they were landed like some sort of prized game. 

Maybe LuAnn doesn't need to call Alex an asshole, but she also doesn't need to perpetuate the lie that they had an open marriage. She's clearly not comfortable when it's repeated. And it's not true. LuAnn didn't feel comfortable being open although Alex was quite happy. It isn't that hard to say "Alex and I still care about each, but he no longer wanted to be married or monogamous."

LuAnn has maintained friendships with Jill, Kelly, and Sonja, but I think back to her special when she talks about that friend of hers that she had so much in common with. As soon as LuAnn's life started getting better, her friend turned sour. LuAnn has always given me impression that she's a little like that too, except not as extreme as her friend. I don't have an example. This is just a feeling.

As for Sonja, it was right around season 5 when Sonja started being more candid that she really didn't consider any of the women friends. She had a whole host of real friends that we never see. The women in the cast were her work friends. She wasn't going to get real deep with them for fear that they'll share her business with Linda in HR. Heather was the one who was big on hanging out in the off season, but Sonja was really resistant.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

And speaking of the "moo point", I was in law school (first year) when the girl sitting next to me leaned over and asked me, "When do we do Moose Court?"  ( I seriously wanted to ask what her LSAT score was...) ...Probably a relative of Ramona.....

Caveat up front - I know we all mispronounce words, so everybody's been there -- but she's trying to be lawyer & she never once said to herself, "Hmm, I wonder why it's called Moose court?" How can you NOT ask yourself that??

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Bwah!  I legitimately say "moo" instead of "moot" every time it comes up. It's usually met with laughter (from fellow Friends watchers) or WTF-ness.

I got it and had a laugh. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Maybe LuAnn doesn't need to call Alex an asshole, but she also doesn't need to perpetuate the lie that they had an open marriage. She's clearly not comfortable when it's repeated. And it's not true. LuAnn didn't feel comfortable being open although Alex was quite happy. It isn't that hard to say "Alex and I still care about each, but he no longer wanted to be married or monogamous."

LuAnn has maintained friendships with Jill, Kelly, and Sonja, but I think back to her special when she talks about that friend of hers that she had so much in common with. As soon as LuAnn's life started getting better, her friend turned sour. LuAnn has always given me impression that she's a little like that too, except not as extreme as her friend. I don't have an example. This is just a feeling.

As for Sonja, it was right around season 5 when Sonja started being more candid that she really didn't consider any of the women friends. She had a whole host of real friends that we never see. The women in the cast were her work friends. She wasn't going to get real deep with them for fear that they'll share her business with Linda in HR. Heather was the one who was big on hanging out in the off season, but Sonja was really resistant.

I have always gotten the impression that Luann has her own priorities and she does not get deeply invested in a friend's issues.  As you said, just a feeling.  I would love to know how much Luann was there for Jill and Bobby during his cancer reoccurrence.  Not my business but I just want to see if Jill held Luann to the same standard as Bethenny. 

What I appreciated about Luann towards Sonja is she was truly her snatch guard.  Luann at one time said others left Sonja pretty in a pretty vulnerable state when she went out and got blasted.  I do believe Luann was that friend who would see she got home.  For a lot of the time Luann was with Jacques and we all remember a drunken Sonja telling Luann that Jacques wasn't right for her.  Sonja seems to go to a lot of Luann's events and vice versa.  What I do believe to be difficult for Luann is Dorinda and Sonja going at each other.  Luann's personality is such I don't think she is a good mediator.  Not everyone or anyone on this show seems to have that trait.  Sonja seems to want adulation for the past life she lived and Luann seems pretty happy for settling with an outboard motor instead of a yacht (all hers) and a companion. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I have always gotten the impression that Luann has her own priorities and she does not get deeply invested in a friend's issues.  As you said, just a feeling.  I would love to know how much Luann was there for Jill and Bobby during his cancer reoccurrence.  Not my business but I just want to see if Jill held Luann to the same standard as Bethenny. 

What I appreciated about Luann towards Sonja is she was truly her snatch guard.  Luann at one time said others left Sonja pretty in a pretty vulnerable state when she went out and got blasted.  I do believe Luann was that friend who would see she got home.  For a lot of the time Luann was with Jacques and we all remember a drunken Sonja telling Luann that Jacques wasn't right for her.  Sonja seems to go to a lot of Luann's events and vice versa.  What I do believe to be difficult for Luann is Dorinda and Sonja going at each other.  Luann's personality is such I don't think she is a good mediator.  Not everyone or anyone on this show seems to have that trait.  Sonja seems to want adulation for the past life she lived and Luann seems pretty happy for settling with an outboard motor instead of a yacht (all hers) and a companion. 

That's probably a better way of describing the feeling I get from LuAnn. She doesn't seem that deep, but not in a really shallow materialistic way like Sonja. LuAnn just doesn't have the make up or constitution to sit around and bare her soul to someone or to have them unburden themselves to her. When LuAnn announced her engagement to Tom, she talked about everything they had in common--they liked the same sports, traveling, and had a good time together. Everyone was a bit unnerved, but I think this is just who Lu is. She's slightly bad at picking up clues about when to be empathic, but not as egregiously as Ramona or Sonja. Like when they were out for Ramona's birthday when Ramona was in the process of her divorce Lu says something like "Good. I never liked him and you're better off without him. Ha." You could tell that Ramona wasn't ready to hear that or delivered that way. That's the issue with, Lu inability or discomfort with going deep means she sometimes comes across like a cavalier jerk.

Heather has said they've all spent evenings watching out for Sonja and pouring her into bed and I believe her. Sonja is a manipulative narcissist. I believe that she's incapable of having truly reciprocal relationships because that would mean someone who isn't Sonja is the center of attention. Her marriage fell apart because of her self-absorption and narcissism. It was the same thing with her movie fiasco. Last season when they started holding Sonja accountable and didn't accept her drinking around them, that's when we saw the real Sonja. Mean as a snake and more willing to fuck anyone over. Lu had been a good friend to Sonja in the way that Lu is capable of being a good friend. Last season, Sonja had beef with Bethenny, Lu, Dorinda, and Ramona who had joined the sober Sonja brigade. Almost everyone had an issue with Sonja last season, but the conclusion Sonja had reached is that all of the women are assholes. When it's always everybody else, then it's probably you.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

That's probably a better way of describing the feeling I get from LuAnn. She doesn't seem that deep, but not in a really shallow materialistic way like Sonja. LuAnn just doesn't have the make up or constitution to sit around and bare her soul to someone or to have them unburden themselves to her. When LuAnn announced her engagement to Tom, she talked about everything they had in common--they liked the same sports, traveling, and had a good time together. Everyone was a bit unnerved, but I think this is just who Lu is. She's slightly bad at picking up clues about when to be empathic, but not as egregiously as Ramona or Sonja. Like when they were out for Ramona's birthday when Ramona was in the process of her divorce Lu says something like "Good. I never liked him and you're better off without him. Ha." You could tell that Ramona wasn't ready to hear that or delivered that way. That's the issue with, Lu inability or discomfort with going deep means she sometimes comes across like a cavalier jerk.

Heather has said they've all spent evenings watching out for Sonja and pouring her into bed and I believe her. Sonja is a manipulative narcissist. I believe that she's incapable of having truly reciprocal relationships because that would mean someone who isn't Sonja is the center of attention. Her marriage fell apart because of her self-absorption and narcissism. It was the same thing with her movie fiasco. Last season when they started holding Sonja accountable and didn't accept her drinking around them, that's when we saw the real Sonja. Mean as a snake and more willing to fuck anyone over. Lu had been a good friend to Sonja in the way that Lu is capable of being a good friend. Last season, she had beef with Bethenny, Lu, Dorinda, and Ramona who had joined the sober Sonja brigade.

What I see in Luann is she is deeply devoted to her birth family.  She loves her parents and although this sounds like kind of donkey Girl Scout view, look at her bother's face walking her down the aisle. He looked so proud and happy to walk his sister down the aisle.  She overstepped with her niece and Adam but in the real world she has forever made amends with Carole and Adam.  They can't seem to get past it. As to she and Tom, I don't know what people wanted from her.   No matter how one looks at it she was saying she found her companion only she used the pukey "soulmate" term.  She also said she loved waking up with him. Something Alex's business pursuits didn't allow.  I think Tom has close ties to his family as well.  She is happy with a condo in West Palm Beach as she was with a chalet in Gstaad.   When I think of what Alex de lesseps worked in establishing schools and hospitals in Mynamar and was a Fulbright Humanitarian Award recipient.  Tom makes logo ball caps, coffee mugs and pens.  Sometimes it is hard to quantify what you like about someone other than they let me be me.  What did Bethenny see in Jason?  He was not successful and he really loved her warts and all.  She loved him until she didn't.  NOw she claims she will only date men with private jets. 

If Luann were to talk about Mynamar or a Fulbright award-which happened during the marriage the others would be blowing raspberries.  It was bad enough she was a Countess but imagine if underneath the titles there was actually good deeds being done.  Luann is accepting of John, she was hung out to dry by her good friend Dorinda, who quite frankly I would have expected her to tell Bethenny to get the hell out of my house after her unleashing on her friend Luann.  Dorinda may be the only one holding Sonja to task this year and I don't see Luann taking a side.  Not because she is not a good friend but because there is no upside to defending Sonja. 

I think Luann saved the Mario comment for the Reunion  She did answer Ramona's question about which properties to keep.  This is of course after "The Apologizer" had told Luann she felt bad about discounting her marriage.  Luann can be both pragmatic and a hopeless romantic.  Odd combination.  One thing is for certain when Luann saw the end of her first marriage she dug in and found a career in RHONYC.  Sonja I don't think was ever happy to be with the old fart she married.  She sees RHONYC as a step down instead of her independence. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think that when Luann is married, she is all about her marriage/husband, it/he come first, before any gf does. That gf soured after she/the Count got married.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think that when Luann is married, she is all about her marriage/husband, it/he come first, before any gf does. That gf soured after she/the Count got married.

I am sure that the girlfriend was most likely criticizing Luann for her choice.

Luann imo is a grown woman and acts like one.

Her way of being is very attractive to men.

that is why the other women can't stand her at times because she is so seductive and works with what she has.

. She is that woman that men want,  a lady in public and a whore in bed. 

ALso, she is very gracious and a good hostess.

Yes that is often perceived as old fashioned however it works for Luann.

• Love 11
(edited)

Is that a fancy way of justifying shitty choices in men? Seems like it.

By that logic, one could say the same of Sonja lol

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Is that a fancy way of justifying shitty choices in men? Seems like it.

By that logic, one could say the same of Sonja lol

Nope. She is a woman who enjoys her sexuality.

As far as her choice her partners, what is so bad about them?

What is so shitty about Alexandre?

What is so shitty about Jacques?

WHat is so shitty about the Pirate? He was a one night stand and he delivered.

Sonja is another animal all together. She lives in the past.

I just don't get why so many people are worried about whom those women choose as partners.

how about being supportive?

• Love 11

Hey, good for her that she enjoys it, and got over the whole "Well, that not how I operate"/'That isn't isn't how things work in my world" shtick she peddled early on.

Well, besides the cheating, the fact that some of them are married, etc?

She did blow a good thing with Jacques by blowing the pirate. Shiver me timbers indeed...

I just don't get why so many people are worried about whom those women choose as partners.

Hey, good for her for getting some when she can. I just don't buy the narrative of all the men in the room mentally masturbating over her whenever she walks into the room. I mean, she is attractive and seems fun, but the woman isn't exactly Ava Gardner.

• Love 8
(edited)
On June 21, 2017 at 10:06 PM, AnnaL said:

Tinsley is 42 

I am sure she got a traumatizing experience with her ex but based on her conversation with Carole and the house hunting I am not sure she is ready to move on.  She seems to be stuck on reliving her past. 

While I do feel sorry for her circumstances I also think that she should be proactive with finding a place where to live, for her own mental sanity she needs to find a place where to find herself again and that will not be at Sonja's place.  Finding a place should be her top priority right now. 

If not then she seriously need to consider going back to her parents' house. It is not okay to stay as a guest for ore than a couple of weeks. 

I think she broke down because it dawned on her that she now is responsible for her own astronomical rent. Up until now she's been taken care of by mommy, daddy, hubby, and mooching off of friends an acquaintances like Sonja. It's not easy coming up with almost 10k a month, and despite Tins attempting to give off a wealthy socialite vibe, I don't think she's quite THAT wealthy herself. So she has a couple mil in trust. She will burn through that in no time if she has to cover her own rent, food, designer clothes, blowouts/color, shoes, vacations, etc. nowadays, you have to be REALLY loaded to live like a princess in Manhattan. 

(Sorry if this has been covered, I'm always late to the party here!)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Hey, good for her that she enjoys it, and got over the whole "Well, that not how I operate"/'That isn't isn't how things work in my world" shtick she peddled early on.

Well, besides the cheating, the fact that some of them are married, etc?

She did blow a good thing with Jacques by blowing the pirate. Shiver me timbers indeed...

Hey, good for her for getting some when she can. I just don't buy the narrative of all the men in the room mentally masturbating over her whenever she walks into the room. I mean, she is attractive and seems fun, but the woman isn't exactly Ava Gardner.

I agree that her Countess persona was hypocritical however since she decided to come out of it.

She appears as being authentic.

What married man are you referring to?

the one night stand on Vacay?

if so, she said that she was not aware that he was married.  he is the one who took vows toward his wife.

did you notice how Dorinda ask Luann about her relationship with Tom?

She was not judging or being melo dramatic but rather supportive.

Luann knows what she found in Tom and they seem to enjoy their life.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I think she broke down because it dawned on her that she now is responsible for her own astronomical rent. Up until now she's been taken care of by mommy, daddy, hubby, and mooching off of friends an acquaintances like Sonja. It's not easy coming up with almost 10k a month, and despite Tins attempting to give off a wealthy socialite vibe, I don't think she's quite THAT wealthy herself. So she has a couple mil in trust. She will burn through that in no time if she has to cover her own rent, food, designer clothes, blowouts/color, shoes, vacations, etc. nowadays, you have to be REALLY loaded to live like a princess in Manhattan. 

(Sorry if this has been covered, I'm always late to the party here!)

I believe there is a little too much emphasis on socialite Tinsley.  During her reign as the "it" girl she had several lucrative contracts and some of those products are still being carried by Bed, Bath and Beyond.  She was all about branding herself years ahead of the other women on the show.  She still is involved with one of the family business an event company with locations in Florida and NYC.  I don't think Carole would be offering up apartments in that price range if she thought it was a stretch.  Presently, Tinsley lives in a hotel while in NYC, she began dating someone based out of Chicago earlier this year.   

Also needing to be calculating into her income is the money from the show.  As long as she has a spot on the show she can cover her rent in the UES.  This franchise has become way too concerned with who has money and who doesn't.  As long as they are getting a Bravo paycheck I think they will all be okay. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought Ramoner's apartment was very pedestrian. Something I could do. She's proud to have decorated herself, and it looks like she decorated herself. Too many tcha-tchkas, which is actually my failing too, and the tell of an amateur designer. Case in point, the THREE acrylic candlestick pedestals. One isn't enough? Very HomeGoods 3 years ago. My house is full of acrylic shit like that. But I didn't just have a party to unveil it all.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

What is so shitty about Alexandre?

What is so shitty about Jacques?

WHat is so shitty about the Pirate? He was a one night stand and he delivered.

Sonja is another animal all together. She lives in the past.

Well, many think her choice of Tom isn't a good one, but of course mileage varies on this and some think they are a perfect match because they both cheat on people they care about. The fact that she took Harry and that Ray guy from last season to bed astonishes me. I agree that she is great looking and in general, the kind of gal a lot of guys would be attracted to. I have always wondered what the pirate deal did to her overall prospects of finding a nice normal guy. The fact that she cheated so publicly on TV, tried to go about covering it up like it was something she did every day, and just basically humilated a man that seemed to really love her, would make many people give pause before getting involved with her (after they knew the story). And maybe they wouldn't care, but they would have friends and family giving the whole relationship the side-eye and probably worry that they would find themselves in the same humiliating situation that nice guy Jacques did. Maybe Tom is just the best that she can get at this point. 

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe there is a little too much emphasis on socialite Tinsley.  During her reign as the "it" girl she had several lucrative contracts and some of those products are still being carried by Bed, Bath and Beyond.  She was all about branding herself years ahead of the other women on the show.  She still is involved with one of the family business an event company with locations in Florida and NYC.  I don't think Carole would be offering up apartments in that price range if she thought it was a stretch.  Presently, Tinsley lives in a hotel while in NYC, she began dating someone based out of Chicago earlier this year.   

Also needing to be calculating into her income is the money from the show.  As long as she has a spot on the show she can cover her rent in the UES.  This franchise has become way too concerned with who has money and who doesn't.  As long as they are getting a Bravo paycheck I think they will all be okay. 

I agree to an extent. How much could she be getting from cheap Bravo, though? This is her first season, she's not really drama/exciting, she's 'fine'. She's not Vickie or Kyle money, lol. I'm not really sure of her 'brand', I don't really know it like Skinny Girl or even Skinny Italian-and not sure how well those stalwarts are even doing anymore. But I could be wrong, what the hell do I know? I just don't really believe she has a lot of cash coming in aside from a couple hundred k from Andy. That could change though if she kicks Ramon's ass a little, lol. She just seemed to panick a little when presented with some cold numbers that I don't know if she ever considered. I'm wondering about the new wallet, um, boyfriend. If he's loaded, he's probably picking up the check. 

Right now, that closet-less apartment will cost her 120k/year. Her clothing/hair maintenance another 100. What's left for savings-'growing an empire', vacations? Someone has to sponsor ole' Tins. She can't do extravagant on her own...jmo

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2

She appears as being authentic.

I don't see it.

What married man are you referring to?

the one night stand on Vacay?

if so, she said that she was not aware that he was married.  he is the one who took vows toward his wife.

I hope she wasn't aware, even if she did help him break those vows...

did you notice how Dorinda ask Luann about her relationship with Tom?

She was not judging or being melo dramatic but rather supportive.

Well, she is Luann's friend, I would hope that she would be supportive.

Luann knows what she found in Tom and they seem to enjoy their life.

Good for her for settling. I do hope she is happy with what she has, for as long as it lasts.

This franchise has become way too concerned with who has money and who doesn't.

Wasn't this franchise built on that? Or on the idea that these were women with money? Given how viewers have been burned by finding out many of these supposed rich women aren't as rich as they try to project, it's understandable for viewers to be curious about the finances of new additions to the franchise.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I agree to an extent. How much could she be getting from cheap Bravo, though? This is her first season, she's not really drama/exciting, she's 'fine'. She's not Vickie or Kyle money, lol. I'm not really sure of her 'brand', I don't really know it like Skinny Girl or even Skinny Italian-and not sure how good those stalwarts are even doing anymore. But I could be wrong, what the hell do I know? I just don't really believe she has a lot of cash coming in aside from a couple hundred k from Andy. That could change though if she kicks Ramon's ass a little, lol. She just seemed to panick a little when presented with some cold numbers that I don't know if she ever considered. I'm wondering about the new wallet, um, boyfriend. If he's loaded, he's probably picking up the check. 

Right now, that closet-less apartment will cost her 120k/year. Her clothing/hair maintenance another 100. What's left for savings-'growing an empire', vacations? Someone has to sponsor ole' Tins. She can't do extravagant on her own...jmo

I guess I don't know what on her own means.  She has at least four sources of income, the show, product, family business-which she helps run and inheritance/trust.   My guess is she probably faired well in her divorce.  What had been previously discussed is she was in a very physical abusive relationship and she is afraid to a certain extent to be on alone.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Agree. I don't think Luann will ever call Alex an asshole in public.

He was though, he dumped her via text for the princess. Her book tour/release was to occur in 2 months. She begged him to not be overt in his gallavanting around the globe with this woman. He refused.

From her own mouth I remember Luann saying he left me to tell the children. She had to do this quickly before they saw his pictures in the news. Because of his actions her book totally tanked, he gave zero fucks, it has and always has been all about him. I believe he was off and cheating when he left her and the kids in Switzerland.

I think she is afraid of him. All the positive things she says about the Count and how they get along, and how he stays with her when he is in NY are words I've only heard from her mouth. He was so happy for me he insisted on walking me down the aisle. The Count didn't even attend her wedding. I've followed Luann on Instagram and still can not find any pictures of her and the Count with Tom, Jacques. There is only one picture of Luann and the Count from when they were first married. There are tons of pictures of her and Jacques and there are tons of pictures of her and Tom...none of the Count.

• Love 10