Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Regency Reunion

• Start Topic

Carole, while I like your haircut in your THs, I really don't care that you are still suffering from Hillary's defeat.  Move on.  And take Dorinda with you.

I agree with the poster above who said that Carole needs to train her pets.  She's really giving cats/kittens a bad name.  Not all of them will claw up your furniture and belongings.  And it still aggravates me to no end that she named all of them "Baby."  Ugh. 

If Carole and Adam can't agree on who gets the Buddha head, I'll take it.  It will go nicely with my existing Buddhas. 

I do agree that Tinsley would benefit from a hair makeover but as someone who recently cut 5-6 inches off my hair, I understand it can be a scary thought.  For many people with long hair (myself included), your hair becomes a security blanket.  I actually love my shorter longer hair but I was ready to do it.  And believe me, I'd had people for the last couple of years telling me how I should cut my hair.  That said, I think Tinsley would look great with the style Carole is sporting in her THs and definitely toning down the blonde.  But hey, it's her hair. 

I think Tinsley appears to be unnerved by change.  Change in hairstyle, haircut, clothing, living, etc.  She might do best to find a place that's close to existing friends.  $9K a month?  Yikes.

I didn't find Moaner's ponytail that bad.  I mean, it wasn't the greatest but it certainly wasn't the "I'm going to eat your soul" alien eye eating/fucking thing she had going on a few seasons back with her "modeling" walk.  I do think she looked best the Scary Island season when she had cut her hair and thought she looked like Cameron Diaz.  She didn't look like Cameron but she looked good and her hair looked healthy and fun. 

I like Moaner's apartment redo . . . mostly.  The kitchen is a bit bland to me and I don't really care for the dining/kitchen table with the lucite looking chairs but it's not like she cares about my opinion.

I love Fredrik.  Table for one, that's me.  

I think Bethenny's apartment is horrid.  It's like she was assigned to decorate an apartment for Andie Walsh from "Pretty in Pink" circa 1986.  What's with all the pink and red?  I guess neutralizing is not necessarily a thing when you're in luxury apartments in NY?  

I fell asleep during the second part of the episode so I'll have to comment more after I've watched it while awake.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja used her ex in this fashion as well. Once she had their daughter she was off to the races, so to speak, rarely around her husband. Rumors abounded that she repeatedly cheated on him and when he got sick, very sick, she refused to come home to "care" (you know there was professional help at home) for him and that is why he divorced her. She wants the older uber wealthy husband and the young hot lover at the same time.

She was in a physically abusive relationship where the bf/his family had all the power/influence in the community to hush it up and place the blame on her. So, not only did she get the shit beat out of her, they made it look like she was the crazy one. Oh, and she is staying with Sonja for production, not because she needed/wanted to. Without her, Sonja had no storyline, therefore no Apple. LOL

Yeah...still not feeling that sorry for her.   She has all of the resources in the world available to her.  She can live anywhere she wants and do anything she wants.  Her continual whoah is me routine is getting as grating as Bethanny crying that she was homeless while driving around NYC in a town car, able to buy whatever piece of real estate her billionaire ass wanted.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I really hate how everyone is actively trying to sabotage Luann's marriage.

1.  It's unreality TV.    2.  Those Housewives LIVE for gossip.   3.  Theirs is NUTHIN' compared to Satan Andy's.  He loves this crap and encourage$$$ it.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

Messy as she can get, Dorinda is still the best of us. This week, she continues to score points for being the only other truly anti-Trump Housewife besides Carole. As she and Carole march on Washington during the Women's March, it fascinates me that none of the other women bothered to show up even insincerely.

Ummmmm, maybe the other women didn't show up because they didn't want to go?  Maybe they don't want to get into the political debate?  Or maybe they were okay with Trump's win and/or Hillary's defeat? 

I'm sorry but I really dislike that someone is going to "score points" because they are anti our current president (whether you voted for him or not) .  Just yuck. 

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I love Fredrik.  Table for one, that's me.  

I think Bethenny's apartment is horrid.  It's like she was assigned to decorate an apartment for Andie Walsh from "Pretty in Pink" circa 1986.  What's with all the pink and red?

And that's why America is already GREAT!     We can get along and have different opinions.   I'm not a Fredrik fan and I LOVE Bethenny's apartment.    What's lucky (maybe) for her is that she can change things and sell apartments whenever she pleases.  I'm pretty much stuck with where I am and what I have (although there's plenty I could get rid of).

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, F. M. said:

Tinsley will be, look what she's just gone through. I think Carole is happier now Adam is moving out., that's been over for awhile imho. It took Carole time, Tins will be fine as well.

Oh I completely agree. I think Tinsley will be just fine, but right now, she is really in it all and trying to figure it out. I loved the upcoming scene of the double date with Carole/Adam and Tinsley and some dude. I wonder if that is the rich Chicago guy she started dating during filming? Sounds like they are still together and from what I have read, he sounds like a really nice, decent guy. I am surprised to find how much I am coming to like Tinsley and am rooting for her. Oh, and I believe that Carole and Adam are still growing strong - or at least strong in the way they want to be. From the pics of their recent vacation together, looks like they are still happy with whatever it is they have going on.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, the killer said:

I really hate that the Real Housewives want to force politics on our mindless entertainment.

Stick to the sexual politics please.

Preach.

8 minutes ago, Michichick said:

@psychoticstate, you're not alone in your love of Fredrik. I will watch his new show even though I dislike Bethenny, just because I enjoy Fredrik so much.

Sweet!  I will watch too.  And I've stuck with MDLNY solely for him (although this season I have been rewarded with the eye candy of Steve Gold) 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Tinsley fears come from being in a physically abusive relationship with a 10 year her junior man in Florida.  Her mom lives in Florida, and for her own sanity she needed to move away from the Palm Beach community where her abusers family is very powerful.  Tinsley helps run an aspect of her family's business-I don't think it is the mundane "adult", I believe it is the physically abusive relationship she left in a very public and humiliating fashion is what her nightmares are made of these days. 

I didn't realize she was in an abusive relationship. I thought they'd gotten into some drunken fights where THEY both lashed out at each other. I apologize for being too harsh on her. She has every reason to be on edge if that's the case. But I still wonder whether she had ever actually lived on her own and taken care of herself. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I think Carole and Adam were done last season and this was all a charade to keep giving him exposure for his career and for her to try and appear like she's still a hot child in the city.  I noticed no coy sexual bartering for the Buddha head, to me that was a tell tale giveaway that they are done.  

I think it is. My bff got into that cycle with bad consequences too. She kept dating these younger guys even though she really wanted to have kids. She finally married at 40 to a younger man who was not ready. They divorced when she was 44/45 and he remarried almost immediately and had kids with the new wife. While my friend went with yet another even younger man and wasted the last fertile years on him hoping he'd change his mind. Very sad because she truly wanted kids and now it's too late.

O/T question.   But, but, but...?  his excuse with your friend was he wasn't ready for kids?

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought the realtor said she gets more for her money on the UES as opposed to downtown, the West Village, Soho, Tribeca specifically? I was always under the impression that is where the most expensive real estate is. Where all the A-list actors, and the hip, young, beautiful people live.   I also thought the UES is considered where the "older" people live now and it's boring there, no clubs, fewer restaurants, etc. Where am I hearing this? Well, from young people, of course! And the agents on Million Dolllar Listing!  

Yup and absolutely.  Sorry, my point was that in other parts of Manhattan (way, WAY upper east side), neither mentioned nor considered, that are newly/retrendy, that 9 grand would look like paradise.  Except that in some subinsular geographic prior agreement, the UES doesn't extend beyond 96th street - whereafter, as is the case in most class divisions - the neighborhood literally goes downhill.   The neighborhood I want her realtor to suggest is still beautiful but begins on 116th Street.  A distance of about 20 blocks/1 mile/a whole universe north of her radius.  I get the cache.  At its toniest, the UES overlooks Central Park and (I guess) it's just a kick to be able to say you're part of the club.  But it's so weird that she's considering it based on how much her life has changed since being that girl.  Hell, since being a girl.   Ignore what I said about Jersey and the helicopter lease, that's a bit of projection about the life I lust after :D   I think I just want him to tell her about Harlem even if all we get is to see her gasp in horror.

20 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Upper West Side was described in the Broadway play "Oh, Hello" as being the 'coffee breath of neighborhoods'. 

Well damn.  lol!!!  I'm salty on their behalf.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

O/T question.   But, but, but...?  his excuse with your friend was he wasn't ready for kids?

Yes.  And she could have been deceptive but wanted to do everything the right way, first love, then marriage, then children. That's why she waited instead of just becoming a single mother in her late 30's. when her biological clock kicked into high gear.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Ramona's redo makes her apartment look like a hotel suite or one of those apartments corporations rent for their executives to stay in when they can't get home. Really cold and impersonal.

I would like it if Tinsley cut her hair, think she would look far better, so I was glad that Carole mentioned it as a good first step at reinvention. Generally I'm not a Carole fan, but I thought she was actually giving good advice to Tinsley. That repetition of old patterns would not lead to reinvention, so if that's what she's looking for then she needs to change some things. Cut her hair, get an apartment in a different part of the city, etc. In all of her scenes with Tinsley Carole has come across as genuinely caring and wanting to help Tinsley, which is kind of weird for me because I've never seen Carole as a particularly warm person. She showed Tinsley an apartment in her own building, which to me proves she actually likes her in a real way, not a reality way. If she only 'liked' Tinsley in a reality kind of way she'd never encourage her to move into her building. 

I really hate how everyone is actively trying to sabotage Luann's marriage. I get that Tom may be all the things they say he is and it's totally understandable that they think the marriage is doomed. I've known people who have gotten married and thought to myself (perhaps even expressed it to a close friend or two) that the couple was doomed. Wouldn't make it past a few years, etc. But I didn't actively try to cause strife in their relationship because of that feeling. Ramona, with the egging on of the producers I'm sure, is actively trying to tank Luann and Tom. Not because of any deep caring she has for Luann, but because she hates that Luann might have one jot of happiness when Ramona herself is so very miserable.

Oh and I appreciated that Tinsley acknowledged that $9000 was a lot of money for rent and that even though she could afford it, she wasn't sure she needed that much space, should spend that much money... I think some of that was because she was looking for excuses to not get an apartment on her own just quite yet, but it was nice that she didn't just la-di-da it. She wasn't mentioning the cost as a brag about how much money she had, she seemed to be honestly assessing how much she wanted to spend and how big a space she needed. I contrast that with the way the other women mention price tags on things, which are almost always brags about how much they spent, like Bethenny with her $40,000 bar and the $10,000 moth removal. 

I believe Carole may be confusing reinventing with re-entering life in New York.  I don't recall Tinsley specifically claiming she wanted to re-invent herself but I do know she has talked of re-entering NY society.  She has been gone since her divorce in 2012.  My problem with the hair thing, if that is something Tinsley is comfortable with and in fact considers an asset.  I thought it nice of Carole to show her an apartment in her building and it seems Tinsley is pretty set on residing in the UES.  She left Palm Beach because of her issues and for her it is going back to where she was comfortable and successful during her twenties and thirties.  I wonder why she made mention of The Post. and there being a flattering mentionhttp://pagesix.com/2017/01/15/tinsley-mortimer-wants-to-be-new-yorks-top-socialite-again/   

Here is another story where she wonders why she ever left NYC.  She has left Sonja's.  http://nypost.com/2017/04/15/tinsley-mortimer-is-back-in-nyc-and-dating-again-after-abusive-relationship/  She makes some interesting comments about her abusive relationship.  Tinsley is lucky to be alive.

Luann is in a Catch-22 situation-if she comments on Ramona and her evil ways of rubbing exes into their lives, she seems insecure, if she just rolls with it she seems blasé. 

23 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Oh I completely agree. I think Tinsley will be just fine, but right now, she is really in it all and trying to figure it out. I loved the upcoming scene of the double date with Carole/Adam and Tinsley and some dude. I wonder if that is the rich Chicago guy she started dating during filming? Sounds like they are still together and from what I have read, he sounds like a really nice, decent guy. I am surprised to find how much I am coming to like Tinsley and am rooting for her. Oh, and I believe that Carole and Adam are still growing strong - or at least strong in the way they want to be. From the pics of their recent vacation together, looks like they are still happy with whatever it is they have going on.

Spoiler

It is Scott Kluth

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Yes.  And she could have been deceptive but wanted to do everything the right way, first love, then marriage, then children. That's why she waited instead of just becoming a single mother in her late 30's. when her biological clock kicked into high gear.

Soooo.  He just didn't want them with her.    Girl.  That's the background story of an episode of Snapped.   I would vote not to indict.

• Love 19
Just now, ZaldamoWilder said:

Soooo.  He just didn't want them with her.    Girl.  That's the background story of an episode of Snapped.   I would vote not to indict.

Broke my heart too because she's gorgeous, (reminds me so much facially of Eileen Davidson ), hourglass figure with the tiniest waist ever and she's so nurturing. She came to my house when I caught the flu, watched my kid and made me chicken soup from scratch. Another friend of mine recently married a multimillionaire (in her 60's!!!) so every party I get invited to she's my plus one. Hopefully she'll meet a prince charming who can whisk her away.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't realize she was in an abusive relationship. I thought they'd gotten into some drunken fights where THEY both lashed out at each other. I apologize for being too harsh on her. She has every reason to be on edge if that's the case. But I still wonder whether she had ever actually lived on her own and taken care of herself. 

I think she did live on her own when she was in college and worked at Vogue.  She didn't marry Mortimer (for the second time) until she was 26.  I posted a second story it was not good and it would be nice if the producers had her tell her tale.  Her ex's mother is even verbally abusive.  I do think it is subjective as to the taking care of herself in that she may have always had some family money.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Dale has said several times that Sonja is very gracious to have invited Tinsley stay with her. She even asked Tinsley if she has given Sonja a small appreciation gift or taken her out to dinner. It's what you do when you are a guest in someone's home for an extended length of time.  Tinsley had no answer for that, it was obvious she has done nothing.  I'm beginning to think she is an entitled, spoiled womanchild with no discernable manners. I wonder why Dale didn't teach her daughter how to be a gracious guest. 

Same here.  I wonder if some of the petty stuff coming from Sonja is just a build up over time of Tinsley's dismissive behavior as a guest.  When you start hearing about Connor and Tinsley 'throwing a party' while Sonja is out of town etc, that would be disconcerting.

Also I saw one of those room air conditioners in the UES $9000 a month pad.  So that means either they have those all over the apartment or just the bedroom is air conditioned.

• Love 5

Man, I didn't realize Tinsley's ex was physically abusive. Has it been mentioned on the show? Anyway, I have to give her props for not wallowing in her victimhood. Her hyperbolic pity partying co-star(s) should take note.

If she paid as much as she said, she overpaid for that bar! 

She doesn't care, as long as everyone is aware of how much was spent. That's essential for someone whose identity is defined by their bank account.

How would Carole like it if someone kept asking her when she was going to get Invisalign for that overbite?

latest?cb=20160204030105

Without her, Sonja had no storyline, therefore no Apple.

How so? Sonja always manages to have as much of a storyline/screen presence as the others, so I don't see why her job would be dependent on a newbie.

Now that Frenchy and Rocco know about each other, it's up to them to decide if they want to share Sonja's company. If all parties involved are down, then cake for everyone.

Ramona...is Ramona.

• Love 7

That Missy woman looks like Sam Taylor-Johnson, the woman who directed 50 Shades and is married to a much, much younger total hottie Aaron Taylor-Johnson. 

She doesn't care, as long as everyone is aware of how much was spent. That's essential for someone whose identity is defined by their bank account.

She said in the TH that she got carried away.  And if you figure this was when she really just wanted the apartment she bought in Tribeca I would bet that's an emotional $40K.  But lets face it, she's got that kind of money.  At least she still sees it as a lot of money.  I'm sure that stone top is where the money went.  Some of them slabs are an effin fortune.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Welcome to Manhattan.   No not Manhattan, welcome to the upper east side.  Because she could live on the upper UPPER east side, Harlem, now that it's regentrified, and occupy an entire brownstone for less.  

I would love it if we had a HW who lived in one of those pre-war Harlem brownstones -- they are absolutely exquisite from the images I've seen. That would be true house porn. Unfortunately, since Brooklyn is a bad bad word to these dames, I imagine they'd rather ingest a toxin than venture to Harlem.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Upper West Side was described in the Broadway play "Oh, Hello" as being the 'coffee breath of neighborhoods'. 

When you live downtown and you go to the UWS it's like, wow!  I can walk down the street without shoving a group of tourists out of my way!  But maybe it's too family oriented for tinsley unless she's not against stealing someone else's husband. 

• Love 5

I would love it if we had a HW who lived in one of those pre-war Harlem brownstones -- they are absolutely exquisite from the images I've seen. That would be true house porn. Unfortunately, since Brooklyn is a bad bad word to these dames, I imagine they'd rather ingest a toxin than venture to Harlem.

At least Harlem is on the right island.  I would just love the idea of a garden.  Just a square foot of grass.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

I think you would need a housewife under the age of 40 who is not so set in their ways.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

I think you would need a housewife under the age of 40 who is not so set in their ways.

I doubt Heather would have fretted. Jill might be interested if only to see the design and interiors. Carole would probably be cool. Moaner and Sonja -- can you imagine the drama and pearl clutching?

Edited by steelcitysister
O well because
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

To me it's cool  because that's where Seinfeld took place, right?  But I'm a Canadian neophyte so literally anywhere in NYC would be cool.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Moaner and Sonja -- can you imagine the drama and pearl clutching?

Those two are the worst in pretending they didn't grow up middle class.  "Where does one shop in Harlem?  Where would I get my manicures, blowouts, plastic surgery?"

• Love 8

But lets face it, she's got that kind of money.

Sure, and she never lets anybody forget it. Because she can't. She's a lot like Teresa Giudice in that materialism is the essence of her being.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, film noire said:

From that link - and thanks for posting, @zoeysmom:

"When cops arrived, they found a barefoot, intoxicated, crying Mortimer next to her mother’s Land Rover, which she had driven that evening. She told police that she and Fanjul had arrived at his place after dinner at a restaurant. They got into an argument about a boat trip Mortimer had taken with friends weeks earlier.“[Mortimer] said Fanjul . . . tried to smother her with a pillow,” according to police. She fought back, ran outside, and locked herself in the car.

Fanjul chased her, keyed the car, ripped off the windshield wipers and used them to break the windshield, the police report says. Mortimer took an iPhone video of the entire incident. When officers entered the bedroom where the original altercation took place, “there were blood marks on one of the pillows,” they reported. A “highly intoxicated and uncooperative” Fanjul asked cops to leave. Mortimer refused to sign a sworn affidavit of prosecution."

Jesus.  

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/a5858/tinsley-mortimer-arrest/

An interesting article.  Apparently she went to NYC to try and be a "socialite" and hired a publicist to help her.  Her husband wasn't interested in the fame and party life.  Based on these articles it looks like Fanjul was more of a hook up when convenient for him rather than a serious boyfriend.  She wasn't introduced to his family and they didn't appear to like her. There were more than a couple of violent encounters before Tinsley was arrested.  

I'm  understanding why people are pushing for Tinsley to get rid of her trademark curls.  She's not that girl anymore.  It's sad for her to try and desperately hold on to that time in her life.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jaync said:

Man, I didn't realize Tinsley's ex was physically abusive. Has it been mentioned on the show? Anyway, I have to give her props for not wallowing in her victimhood. Her hyperbolic pity partying co-star(s) should take note.

latest?cb=20160204030105

How so? Sonja always manages to have as much of a storyline/screen presence as the others, so I don't see why her job would be dependent on a newbie.

Now that Frenchy and Rocco know about each other, it's up to them to decide if they want to share Sonja's company. If all parties involved are down, then cake for everyone.

Ramona...is Ramona.

Frenchie was supposed to be for Tinsley, not Sonja, that leaves only Rocco as a personal storyline for her. She really doesn't have anything personal to share this season and last season it was her fight with Bethenny and the disinvite with Dorinda, otherwise, nothing.

54 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Didn't Alex/Simon have a brownstone in Brooklyn when they were on the show? Remember how horrified Ramona was at the thought of going all that way just to have dinner at their house! LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, the killer said:

I really hate that the Real Housewives want to force politics on our mindless entertainment.

Stick to the sexual politics please.

Totally agree. But then I am still waiting for the rise of the oceans to begin to slow and the planet to begin to heal. So I am a little jaded when it comes to grand statements and actions of the political kind, so prefer my mindless entertainment to be free of both. 

Add me to those who love Fredrik, so I don't mind him dropping into RHONY at all. And agree with others who have said that Steve Gold is a fabulous addition to MDLNY. Yummy. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think both of them are on edge because odds are both of them will have screwed half the room aka bathroom aka maybe closet too.

Ha!

I found it odd and terribly invasive that Carole, 53, of all people claims Tinsley should cut her hair.  She is 41 and there has been a long list of 41 year old and much older RHONYC that have worn long hair and long hair with curls. 

Invasive? It was just a suggestion. Sometimes a change in hair style can do wonders for a person. And Tinsley needs all the help she can get. Many women sometimes get a boost of confidence from a change in hair style. Is it shallow? Arguably. But it was hardly malicious, and seems to be coming from a good and genuine place.

I wanted Dorinda to come to Ramona'w new digs and trash the place.  Then shrug it off and change the subject.

I think Dorinda is saving that for the next time Ramona invites her over to the Hamptons...

at least then she'd have one to stand on.

Bwah! Welcome back :)

She's a lot like Teresa Giudice in that materialism is the essence of her being.

Yeah but at least one of them can actually afford that lifestyle...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Ramona really doesn't have a scintilla of grace, charm or self awareness.  It is truly astounding, at her age.

I agree.  And during the discussion re Bethenney she was all "She was just as BAD!"  "She ATTACKED me!"   Okay, I'm over 60 and my memory isn't the greatest but I don't recall Bethenney saying anything close to the vitriol and nastiness springing from Ramona's mouth.  She actually remained pretty calm and appeared to be responding to her attacks, not instigating them.  Ramona was drunk as hell and behaving like a 12-year-old, especially with that "bitchy-witch" crap.  I think this, coming after her remarks re the "soft-porn" (which, c'mon - at a LUNCH? Designed solely to provide maximum embarrassment) have finished her with Bethenney.   I'm fed up with her using "I had too much to drink" as somehow an excuse to treat people any way she chooses.   I did love that Carole at least called her out with "no, you were a lot worse".  Beth wants nothing more to do with her.  And I don't blame her.  

• Love 12
(edited)

I agree that I didn't find it invasive.  And I'm no fan of Carole's.  To me it's a haircut which means it's temporary which means it will grow back.  I myself had a traumatizing haircut at age 12 so I get it - I didn't let anyone besides my own mother and myself cut my hair for like a decade.  Now I still just let people trim it.  (I've given MYSELF dramatic haircuts and I let other people colour it.  That I have no problem with.)

I get why people see Tinsley as childlike but it doesn't bother me.  I always like vulnerability in people no matter their age.  It doesn't really affect anyone else if she freaks out and whines (if people don't like it, they don't have to befriend her) so I empathize with her.  I tend to not mind people who have their own issues  where they're only internalized - not issues of being malicious to anyone else.  Tinsley seems like that.

On the other hand maybe eventually Carole could coax Tinsley to see the light.  Sometimes people are great at life coaching and giving advice; it doesn't mean they're perfect themselves or are to be emulated.  The thing about Carole's advice is that I don't find it offensive and it seems to be very positive.  Poor Tinsley though; you can see her get physically uncomfortable which means it will definitely take some time.  Carole could leave it alone, sure, but some people need tough love.  I hate it when I'm receiving it but sometimes it's (metaphorically) knocked me a to a place I needed to be.   Tinsley doesn't have to do anything but then she might just keep complaining to everyone else about her problems and that gets old fast.  There's a lot worse things that can be said to someone than they could get a more updated hairstyle.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

Frenchie was supposed to be for Tinsley, not Sonja, that leaves only Rocco as a personal storyline for her.

It's not Sonja's fault that Frenchie preferred her over Tinsley (who had Chad, anyway). As far as Rocco being Sonja's "only" personal storyline, that would be on par with the other HWs (Adam/Carole, LuAnn/Tom, Beth/flipping), and one up on Dorinda, who doesn't seem to have a particular s/l at all.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Tinsley fears come from being in a physically abusive relationship with a 10 year her junior man in Florida.  Her mom lives in Florida, and for her own sanity she needed to move away from the Palm Beach community where her abusers family is very powerful.  Tinsley helps run an aspect of her family's business-I don't think it is the mundane "adult", I believe it is the physically abusive relationship she left in a very public and humiliating fashion is what her nightmares are made of these days. 

Thank you for mentioning the abuse. Tinsley's issues make a lot more sense when viewed through that lens. Tinsley's marriage started to go off course when she kept pursuing fame and notoriety. There was hardly a night when she wasn't out and being photographed. That didn't really change when she split from Topper. She was seen out and about with her various paramours, which stops when she begins dating Nico.

Nico and Tinsley almost never went out together. For someone who loved the spotlight as much as she did, to avoid it as much as she did when she was with Nico says something about how abusive and controlling he was and how invested Tinsley was in him. They were together for 2 or 3 years and it seems like there was abuse the entire time. And Nico's garbage family has been gaslighting Tinsley too. Tinsley not wanting to change her hair or her neighborhood is really her trying to recapture that feeling of when she felt safe and protected back when she was the doyenne of the New York social scene. All of this coming from a defensive space.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

She's 41. She'll be 42 in August. I didn't understand her breakdown at the apartment hunting. 

I'm guessing she's not as wealthy as she wants everyone to think she still is?

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I'm sorry but I really dislike that someone is going to "score points" because they are anti our current president (whether you voted for him or not) .  

I love it --  it's a good comment in the recap (along with this funny line:  "The parts of Tinsley's mother's face that still move are all quietly horrified but too polite to say it.") And they were all given "points" by viewers on the boards when they participated in the Marriage Equality March years ago (Sonja confusing gay pride with marriage equality = perfect negative 10) so it's in the fine tradition of this venerable old pimpbag of a show ; )

I think I prefer Luann's dress then:

luann.jpg

I will say, I watched the March footage fearing Dorinda might grow overheated and try to give her coat to the first black person she saw.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, film noire said:

I love it --  it's a good quote in the recap (along with this funy line:  "The parts of Tinsley's mother's face that still move are all quietly horrified but too polite to say it.")

And they were all given "points" when they participated in the Marriage Equality March years ago (Sonja confusing gay pride with marriage equality = perfect negative 10) so it's in the fine tradition of this venerable old hobag of a show ; )

I think I prefer Luann's dress then:

luann.jpg

I will say, I watched the March footage fearing Dorinda might grow overheated and try to give her coat to the first black person she saw.

Maybe if she wasn't so busy getting smashed with the gays, she'd know what she was marching for. 

And maybe if she hadn't been busy getting smashed with Tom, she'd have realized that he was in a marrying mood.

I also prefer LuAnn's Marriage Equality March dress to her actual wedding dress.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lemons said:

I wonder why no ones on the upper west side?  That's a nice neighborhood.

My brother lives on the UWS, he said (and I have witnessed) it is full of yuppy couples and men with their second wives working on their second families. Be careful because the nannies will knock you off the sidewalks with all the the strollers whizzing by! It's still my favorite neighborhood in the city.  It feels comfortable, easy to navigate and he lives a block from Central Park. Swoon...even if he does live in a studio apt. and pays more in rent than the mortgage on my 3bd house with a pool in Florida! You just gotta love NYC!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

Dorinda also looked like a jerk when she said "And I am engaged to John! Nah Just kidding. I am just using him like Carole is using vegetable boy and Sonja is using poor sad Rocco and Tinsley is tonguing the bowling baby. And how Luann is using Tom. We are the Real Users of New York City. What's love got to do with it?"

She really shows where she is at. A gold plated phony bitch. No  wonder she gets along so well with Carole.

• Love 2

I have read about Tinsley and the physical abuse, the powerful family of the guy and what not. She joined the cast and there were several articles talking about it.

I do have compassion for her circumstances, but even if Bravo set up her living arraignments with Sonja the time has come for her to leave. 

As long as Tinsley lives with Sonja she will be roped into that story line of bickery and smack talk.  

She needs to show more of her real struggles and she needs to stand on her own two feet.  

She could take all the time she needs to recover, being two months or two years, she just needs to do that in her own place. 

• Love 9

Dorinda also looked like a jerk when she said "And I am engaged to John! Nah Just kidding. I am just using him like Carole is using vegetable boy and Sonja is using poor sad Rocco and Tinsley is tonguing the bowling baby. And how Luann is using Tom. We are the Real Users of New York City. What's love got to do with it?"

I must have missed that scene...

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

LuAnn handled the evening well, but she looked like she was suffering. She revealed that she is not at all secure in this relationship, and, although she claims to have "won" this questionable prize, the competition is far from over. 

I think she will be anxious and nervous any time she spots across the room Tom standing next to an above-average-looking woman.

How do you think Luann handles it when she and Tom go to the Regency which she said they go to all the time because they get everything for free?

I think someone else posted she was getting a severe case of TMJ at Ramona's.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe Carole may be confusing reinventing with re-entering life in New York.  

Yes -- and Carole  was also talking about what she'd do (something like, " I'm just projecting if I came back to New York,  after being the former It girl" etc ) which is different than taking Tinsley on her own terms (she has PTSD,  is unable to sleep, maybe not so much with the "cut your hair off and change the color" talk -- perhaps offer some soothing lavender tea instead! :) 

2 hours ago, Lemons said:

There were more than a couple of violent encounters before Tinsley was arrested.  

She's had an awful time of it.

Edited by film noire
because "IT girl"sounded like she was the coveted pin-up of computer nerds
  • Love 9

I live on the West Side, and Luann's ex, Jacques lives around the corner, so the franchise has been here...and the apt. she was living in for a year or two was a sublet in a coop two blocks south..on Riverside Drive, facing the Hudson. The West Side used to be pretty low key and fun, but due to an infestation of investment bankers and their second and third wives, things have gotten pricey. it still skews younger than the UES, but Manhattan has become Geriatric Island, to an extent. All the young, fun clubs and shops are pretty much gone, and you have rents even in Williamsburg, Brooklyn so high, that the really adventurous young have moved on to Queens...Astoria for example. it was a long time ago that downtown was home to artists and young kids whose lives were a maze of clubs and part-time jobs...that world has gone. Carole and Beth, both wealthy older women, are not the people that made downtown hip. It retains that aura, especially to real estate agents selling the place, but the strollers on the sidewalk, some costing as much as a Mercedes, rival the West Side. 

I like this Tinsley..she has had a rough ride, so I am rooting for her. Carole might mean well, but telling someone to cut their hair, when it is clear her looks are crucial to her self-image, is harsh. Better still, find a coop to sublet for a year or two, and look around. No big rush. Keep the length, if you want, but lose the curls. Get away from Sonja, you do not need to associate with the unhinged. The, relax. You have money, and you are visible...you don't need a reality show for that. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't work it too hard...you could end up like Beth, a fate best avoided.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Better still, find a coop to sublet for a year or two, and look around. No big rush. Keep the length, if you want, but lose the curls. Get away from Sonja, you do not need to associate with the unhinged. The, relax. You have money, and you are visible...you don't need a reality show for that. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't work it too hard...you could end up like Beth, a fate best avoided.

This is excellent advice. 

• Love 7