Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Regency Reunion

• Start Topic

Carole and Tinsley were discussing the Botanical Garden Winter Wonderland Themed Party which occurred December 9, 2016.

Anne-Hathaway-800x470-1481567116.jpg

2017MarApr_Events_Carole-Radziwill-and-T

They were talking about the article from Page Six, Anne Hathaway got the write up/photo, Tinsley & Carole were mentioned in the article but not photographed.

I do agree Anne dressed was okay but did not go with the white theme and Anne's dress really didn't have a wow factor

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Edgar reminds of when Joey/Friends was getting pointers from Phoebe

10x13.gif

He said

Clo da do er too da ba room

Talkie Walkie

Dinga Donga

Ma fren say you war wid Ma seur Ancarola - Smack Smack Kees Kees

Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, jaync said:

It's not Sonja's fault that Frenchie preferred her over Tinsley (who had Chad, anyway). As far as Rocco being Sonja's "only" personal storyline, that would be on par with the other HWs (Adam/Carole, LuAnn/Tom, Beth/flipping), and one up on Dorinda, who doesn't seem to have a particular s/l at all.

I am guessing the storyline aspect comes from Andy Cohen's love of his "Grey Gardens" bit on WWHL. He is still trying to make the Grey Gardens work this year.  My guess if Tinsley was candid, she stayed with Sonja only while shooting for the show and most likely went elsewhere when not filming.   

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really what he said!

I DVR'd the show and re-wound a few times to write it down.

The first line was when Sonja was saying she doesn't like when he walks into the bathroom while she's in there. He's supposed to say Darling, can I come in?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, jaync said:

It's not Sonja's fault that Frenchie preferred her over Tinsley (who had Chad, anyway). As far as Rocco being Sonja's "only" personal storyline, that would be on par with the other HWs (Adam/Carole, LuAnn/Tom, Beth/flipping), and one up on Dorinda, who doesn't seem to have a particular s/l at all.

Frenchie is for the show and nothing more. LOL As for Tinsley, she will stay with Sonja (for filming purposes) until production allows her to escape that hell hole. LOL Dorinda's storyline is that of professional pot stirrer, she is productions go to girl and she hosts events, something Sonja doesn't do anymore outside a quick lunch. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, bagatelle said:

I think  Dale looks far worse. Her smile is just a slightly open mouth, her face is that frozen. 

A

11 hours ago, bagatelle said:

I think Dale looks far worse. Her smile is just a slightly open mouth, her face is that frozen. 

As someone upthread mentioned (sorry I forgot who), I thought one side of Dale's face looked like Bell's Palsy also.    At first I was not sure, but a couple of times I thought she looked angry or something and then realized it was not true.   That is something that  can bring on  residual symptoms   when you get overtired 

• Love 2

I hope Rocco has agreed to be on RH because he wants publicity for his restaurants and only wants Sonja in his life as a friend.

Sonja has NEVER been sexually attracted to older men. As she has gotten older the men have gotten younger. The first one I remember is Brian the artist, who painted her looking like a frog on a lily pad. She had a fling with Kelly’s “Max”. She brought 2 really young guys to Bethenny’s Birthday Party a few years ago. She’s been seen wandering off to the Beautique bathroom with a young man in tow.

I think when she married Mr Morgan she thought she was set for life, especially given the fact that she gave him a child.

The year she was on where Harry gave her a friendship ring – I think that was all just for a storyline. He will never put a ring on any one’s finger unless they are younger and richer than him.

I do think she fooled around with both Harry & Tom – the scenario I see playing out is Last Call at Bar/Club X

• Love 4

https://goo.gl/images/8Cf8wU

1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

I hope Rocco has agreed to be on RH because he wants publicity for his restaurants and only wants Sonja in his life as a friend.

Sonja has NEVER been sexually attracted to older men. As she has gotten older the men have gotten younger. The first one I remember is Brian the artist, who painted her looking like a frog on a lily pad. She had a fling with Kelly’s “Max”. She brought 2 really young guys to Bethenny’s Birthday Party a few years ago. She’s been seen wandering off to the Beautique bathroom with a young man in tow.

I think when she married Mr Morgan she thought she was set for life, especially given the fact that she gave him a child.

The year she was on where Harry gave her a friendship ring – I think that was all just for a storyline. He will never put a ring on any one’s finger unless they are younger and richer than him.

I do think she fooled around with both Harry & Tom – the scenario I see playing out is Last Call at Bar/Club X

Last chance for alcohol. Last chance for romance.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

10x13.gif

He said

Talkie Walkie

Dinga Donga

It's a moo point.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

I live on the West Side, and Luann's ex, Jacques lives around the corner, so the franchise has been here...and the apt. she was living in for a year or two was a sublet in a coop two blocks south..on Riverside Drive, facing the Hudson. The West Side used to be pretty low key and fun, but due to an infestation of investment bankers and their second and third wives, things have gotten pricey. it still skews younger than the UES, but Manhattan has become Geriatric Island, to an extent. All the young, fun clubs and shops are pretty much gone, and you have rents even in Williamsburg, Brooklyn so high, that the really adventurous young have moved on to Queens...Astoria for example. it was a long time ago that downtown was home to artists and young kids whose lives were a maze of clubs and part-time jobs...that world has gone. Carole and Beth, both wealthy older women, are not the people that made downtown hip. It retains that aura, especially to real estate agents selling the place, but the strollers on the sidewalk, some costing as much as a Mercedes, rival the West Side. 

I like this Tinsley..she has had a rough ride, so I am rooting for her. Carole might mean well, but telling someone to cut their hair, when it is clear her looks are crucial to her self-image, is harsh. Better still, find a coop to sublet for a year or two, and look around. No big rush. 

Yea, I don't think I'd call downtown "hip", I do think that's a dated term. But there are still some young mini Tinsleys running around downtown.   And there's still the meatpacking district!  Gross. But a lot of younger people are choosing Brooklyn and Queens even if they could afford Manhattan.  Manhattan is getting older, you're right. 

Would subletting be better because they are furnished? A rental is only a year commitment.  Does she have any furniture?

• Love 2
(edited)

Ramona’s has had hair issues for a long time. Many of them do – because of the hair extensions. The tracks and the hot glue – ruins the hair. The hair becomes thin and brittle and breaks off mid strand easily.

Think Brittney Spears when she shaved her head. You could see all of the bald spots and the uneven hair lengths. So when many of these people cut their hair is still looks all choppy – remember when Yolanda first went short.  You can see it with Bethenny too – there are times the hair looks fuller and then there are times you see the bald patches they try to hide by moving her part.

Coloring her hair also didn’t help especially going the “blond” route as you need to strip the hair.

The pony tail was a bad look because you can see all of the hair that she’s lost in terms of her uneven receding hairline – there were patches missing. When they were at Jue Lan a few episodes ago – you could see the sideburn patch

You can see the above bolded in this clip

She really needs to cut her hair short, stop with the hair processes and wear wigs for a while – like steelcitysister said.

Having Miss Mindy at her party was no big deal. Mindy didn’t say much, even when she and Tom stood near each other. Bravo would have aired it if there was something juicy. I was disappointed.

That said I still love my awkward Ramona. She really tries to be Amy Poehler from Mean Girls. If I recall correctly, there's a scene where she burns her boob but doesn't notice because of all the procedures she's had done

anigif_enhanced-25042-1474557006-2.gif?d

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 12
(edited)

Another lack luster episode. I've resorted to watching RHoNY while carrying on menial tasks at home and grooming. It's no longer worthy of my undivided attention.

Can someone tell me what all the fuss about Tom is? Even with a full head of hair (which I'm trying to picture and failing, instead visualizing him with a comical toupé) he would not be be what I consider an attractive man.

Could he seem any less into Luann? I can't picture those two as friends, let alone lovers. Bizarre. 

Luann really needs to have two seats. Tom is no prize in my book and waxing poetic about your husband who looks like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world but by your side is not a pretty look.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, the killer said:

Dorinda also looked like a jerk when she said "And I am engaged to John! Nah Just kidding. I am just using him like Carole is using vegetable boy and Sonja is using poor sad Rocco and Tinsley is tonguing the bowling baby. And how Luann is using Tom. We are the Real Users of New York City. What's love got to do with it?"

She really shows where she is at. A gold plated phony bitch. No  wonder she gets along so well with Carole.

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

I must have missed that scene...

Yeah -- I don't remember this either.

• Love 6
(edited)

Tinsley – one of the things I don’t like about her current look are her eyebrows. If she doesn’t want to cut/trim her hair and if she wants to keep coloring it this blond – can she at least use a lighter brow pencil?  The sharp angle is already harsh, but the dark brow color makes her look angry when she’s not. The dark brow also draws your eye to her dark roots

Her dating Hanging Chad and soon a set up by Carole – I don’t think she is really into either. I think she wants her ex back and is trying to show him how she’s still hot and desirable.

I think Tinsley needs some deep therapy and while doing so she should just date – nothing serious until she gets her head straight and figures out what she really wants.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7

Well, if I were Lu and Tom I would feel like a deer in the headlights, as well as nervous and jerky, every time I walked into a 'Bravo' party.  Ya never know who from Tom's past is going to be there and what is going to go down.  Ex's, photos...  No wonder most of the women weren't invited to wedding.  Beth could whip out some picture and then start crying.  Ro could bring one of their ex's.  Sonja could yell out that Tom was hers originally.  God only knows what would have happened.

These women need to build a bridge and get over it.  It's not 'their' lives.

• Love 7
(edited)

Dorinda was joking with Luann and Carole on the couch. She asked Luann if there was going to be another wedding ceremony.  She dashed off a snide remark that she and John were getting married. Then immediately said "Just kidding." The other two thought that was very funny. Mostly because of their own situations as I outlined. They are the Real Users of New York City.

Tom should not go to anymore Bravo parties. Or if he does he should not say a word.

Edited by the killer
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

https://goo.gl/images/8Cf8wU

Last chance for alcohol. Last chance for romance.

Exactly.

At Ramona's party did you notice what Sonja did near Harry?

She turned around to unzip the skirt part of her dress. I'm showing you now while I'm sober how to undress me,

Then she also did a weird grind up against the stove move in the kitchen.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
On 6/21/2017 at 10:36 PM, Petunia13 said:

Ramona with that pony, hiked up boobs, desperate hyper fun act, hanging with kiddos, is giving me Mariah Carey teas. She can't hand out popscicles on TRL, maybe she can go on WWHL and give Andy a Klondike bar. 

Yasss! This was the first thing that came to mind. Moaner was channeling her inner Glitter Meltdown Mariah look. 

1498187000038.jpeg

• Love 11

The ponytail just no.  If Ramona was going for severe, she should've gone full-on twisted bun.  The ponytail looked unfinished and drew attention to her bad ends.

So, did Tinsley get arrested?  I guess mugshots are also a new thing, a recent addition to the booking process. I'm surprised she hasn't mentioned being fingerprinted at least 30 times by now.  Maybe that part wasn't as traumatic.  I guess they have good alcohol wipes down at the precinct so as not to ruin a good manicure.

• Love 3

Dorinda's storyline is that of professional pot stirrer, she is productions go to girl and she hosts events...

But that's not a "personal storyline", which was the original point.

Carole and her gloves...is she trying to hide wrinkles/age spots?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, jaync said:

But that's not a "personal storyline", which was the original point.

Carole and her gloves...is she trying to hide wrinkles/age spots?

Heck, if we look at all of them, most don't have personal storylines either, well except Luann. Bethenny has nothing beyond selling her apartment, Carole and Dorinda have politics and Dorinda hosting at her Berks home. Tinsley has being the newbie trying to make new friends and getting back into the NYC scene and Ramona has redoing her apartment and digging up dirt and Tom's ex gf's, which give them all more than Sonja. LOL IMO, Sonja has the least going on by ways of a real storyline, Frenchie is fake and Tinsley is a forced production roomie, she has noting real life.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Rocco didn't look very concerned when Sonja was describing the situation with the French guy. He looked amused, not jealous.

• Love 7
On 6/21/2017 at 8:28 PM, chick binewski said:

What exactly are the endeavors of BB Endeavors? Self-promotion, slut-shaming and cured meats?

YA know,  I like B this year,  but damn,  that is accurate!

• Love 4
On 6/21/2017 at 8:37 PM, Straycat80 said:

She's 41. She'll be 42 in August. I didn't understand her breakdown at the apartment hunting. 

So,  it's been a while,  but I remember reading about this,  apparently the ex was very abusive and the family had enough more clout, financially and socially to stifle her,  the ex boyfriend's mother was pretty nasty in the press and promised to destroy her. I can't remember any of the exact details,  except,  I'm a pop culture junkie and remember reading several sources, and while Tinsley compounded her problems with the ex,  there seemed to be a lot of evidence to support her being beaten by him. 

This to say,  she probably is suffering from PTSD and scared to be alone. 

• Love 11
(edited)

@breezy424 No fucking kidding, Luann must feel like a deer in the headlights -- I give all the kudooz in the world to her; she sits in front of her make-up mirror ("Bon-joor, beautiful!") and drinks her cocktail ("Another Applejack old fashioned, por favor, Tom!") and she slaps that make-up on and dolls herself up (and into an increasingly less interesting wardrobe) and takes Tom's arm  ("Put your ring back on!") and sails proudly into yet another goddamn Bravo room, terrified at what will greet her -- six starving brats darting out of a corner, pulling a mother out a Walker Evans photo behind them ("Tom, these are your chilldruns, all six of them") or a seventy year old toothless, half naked stripper named Gianna ("It's me, your gal pal from the old country!") or a pregnant super model rubbing her belly with a knowing smile ("We shall call our firstborn de Lessops") or the worst horror of all --  Sonja! Just fucking Sonja!  Straddling her port-o-bidet as she  -- as you say -- "Yells out that Tom was hers originally",  like he's a first edition sex toy she dry humped and passed on to Luann -- love her, hate her, Luann is dancing as fast as she can and a few coins thrown at her feet would not be amiss.

Tinsley not wanting to change her hair or her neighborhood is really her trying to recapture that feeling of when she felt safe and protected back when she was the doyenne of the New York social scene.

That's it, exactly.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
(edited)
8 minutes ago, film noire said:

@breezy424 No fucking kidding, Luann must feel like a deer in the headlights -- I give all the kudooz in the world to her; she sits in front of her make-up mirror ("Bon-joor, beautiful!") and drinks her cocktail ("Another Applejack old fashioned, por favor, Tom!") and she slaps that make-up on and dolls herself up (and into an increasingly less interesting wardrobe) and takes Tom's arm  ("Put your ring back on!") and sails proudly into yet another goddamn Bravo room, terrified at what will greet her -- six starving brats darting out of a corner, pulling a mother out a Walker Evans photo behind them ("Tom, these are your chilldruns, all six of them") or a seventy year old toothless, half naked stripper named Gianna ("It's me, your gal pal from the old country!") or a pregnant super model rubbing her belly with a knowing smile ("We shall call our firstborn de Lessops") or the worst horror of all --  Sonja! Just fucking Sonja!  Straddling her port-o-bidet as she  -- as you say -- "Yells out that Tom was hers originally",  like he's a first edition sex toy she dry humped and passed on to Luann -- love her, hate her, Luann is dancing as fast as she can and a few coins thrown at her feet would not be amiss.

That's it, exactly.

This had me snort laughing. 

8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

10x13.gif

He said

Talkie Walkie

Dinga Donga

They kept going back to him calling the women "those beaches" and he looked so horrible with the air quotes and the buck teeth that I'll never be able to see him as attractive now. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 4
On 6/21/2017 at 7:40 PM, Bronzedog said:

I think Sonja would be better off with Rocco.  I think Edgar is kind of creepy.  But, she's been with Tom and Harry, so, she may prefer creepy.

So, Sonja has been with Tom's dick and Harry?  Crazy. 

Ramona looked like someone's senile old granny who wandered into her granddaughter's bedroom and accidentally put her clothes on. She looked insane. 

• Love 18
(edited)
On 6/21/2017 at 8:15 PM, Mozelle said:

Ramona is not nearly as slick as her edges were for this party.  

What does this mean?  I've been trying to figure it out for half an hour and I am stumped.  Thanks. 

My apologies, I have no idea why this is bold. I can't fix it. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4
(edited)

I just don't buy the idea that production is "making" Tinsley live with Sonja for a storyline. Has there been evidence before that Bravo developed specific storylines and makes the girls play them out? If so, how do we know where this influence ends and where it begins? How can we trust that any of this stuff is real in a reality TV show way? I know we have to accept certain things because we see them with our own eyes. Like the editing. It's easy to diagnose the faults often, and of course we all know that a dinner takes longer to get through than the 5 or so minutes we will usually see of it. But actually telling them that they have to do a specific thing in order to be on the show that isn't real? It's one thing to tell Vicki that she has to make Brooks part of her storyline because he is part of her life, but quite another to make her - or anyone else - invent something that isn't actually happening at all. How do we know that Bravo didn't tell Carole that she had to let Adam move in and then move out as part of her story? Of make Beth go batshit crazy on Sonja last season because of the Tipsy Girl stuff. Of make Sonja or Ramona do the Tipsy Girl stuff to begin with? It just seems convenient to set things to the side and say "oh, that is just production". Do I think they gals invent things, and that production is probably well aware of it? I am sure it happens all the time. My thoughts are that Sonja came up with the idea and Tinsley went along with it because it could be a win for them both, just like Sonja and Lu did last season. But I don't think that Bravo made Tinsley live with Sonja. My understanding has always been that the gals have to pull their own weight to keep their full time roles. That they have to bring something and that it is competitive. That theory goes out the window if production is giving them storylines. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

Dorinda was joking with Luann and Carole on the couch. She asked Luann if there was going to be another wedding ceremony.  She dashed off a snide remark that she and John were getting married. Then immediately said "Just kidding." The other two thought that was very funny. Mostly because of their own situations as I outlined. They are the Real Users of New York City.

How are they users? They clearly let their men (especially in the cases of Dorinda and Carole) know that while they are open to being in a relationship, they don't at this time see getting married as the finish line of some race. Not every relationship has to lead to marriage and kids, and love them or hate them, both Dorinda and Carole have both been extremely forthright to John and Adam regarding this issue.

Well, if I were Lu and Tom I would feel like a deer in the headlights, as well as nervous and jerky, every time I walked into a 'Bravo' party.  Ya never know who from Tom's past is going to be there and what is going to go down.  Ex's, photos... 

Considering how he has been involved with one-third of cast, Tom's "past" is pretty much going to be there on your average day of filming, forget scenes that don't involve women who aren't HWs.

Beth could whip out some picture and then start crying

Yeah, shoot the messenger, not the guy exchanging bodily fluids with women who are not Luann...

• Love 11
(edited)

What gets me is how vocal some of these women are in their pride at how many of the other HW's lovers they have shared.   I don't consider myself a prude, but I'm of the mindset that an individual's sexual exploits should be kept private.  I like the saying: "Those who can, do; those who can't, talk about it."  YMMV.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I just don't buy the idea that production is "making" Tinsley live with Sonja for a storyline. Has there been evidence before that Bravo developed specific storylines and makes the girls play them out? If so, how do we know where this influence ends and where it begins? How can we trust that any of this stuff is real in a reality TV show way? I know we have to accept certain things because we see them with our own eyes. Like the editing. It's easy to diagnose the faults often, and of course we all know that a dinner takes longer to get through than the 5 or so minutes we will usually see of it. But actually telling them that they have to do a specific thing in order to be on the show that isn't real? It's one thing to tell Vicki that she has to make Brooks part of her storyline because he is part of her life, but quite another to make her - or anyone else - invent something that isn't actually happening at all. How do we know that Bravo didn't tell Carole that she had to let Adam move in and then move out as part of her story? Of make Beth go batshit crazy on Sonja last season because of the Tipsy Girl stuff. Of make Sonja or Ramona do the Tipsy Girl stuff to begin with? It just seems convenient to set things to the side and say "oh, that is just production". Do I think they gals invent things, and that production is probably well aware of it? I am sure it happens all the time. My thoughts are that Sonja came up with the idea and Tinsley went along with it because it could be a win for them both, just like Sonja and Lu did last season. But I don't think that Bravo made Tinsley live with Sonja. My understanding has always been that the gals have to pull their own weight to keep their full time roles. That they have to bring something and that it is competitive. That theory goes out the window if production is giving them storylines. 

I've been watching the first few seasons. None of the HWs really had "storylines." They ate lunch. They watched Victoria compete at horse riding shows. They went surfing. Do we know for a fact that Bravo started putting pressure on them to create a more compelling story? If this has been discussed already, my apologies!

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

What gets me is how vocal some of these women are in their pride at how many of the other HW's lovers they have shared.   I don't consider myself a prude, but I'm of the mindset that an individual's sexual exploits should be kept private.  I like the saying: "Those who can, do; those who can't, talk about it."  YMMV.  

The thing that occurred to me as I was watching Harry at the party, is the men that these women are willing to take to bed. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I've been watching the first few seasons. None of the HWs really had "storylines." They ate lunch. They watched Victoria compete at horse riding shows. They went surfing. Do we know for a fact that Bravo started putting pressure on them to create a more compelling story? If this has been discussed already, my apologies!

I've never heard that Bravo puts pressure on them to have a storyline. I think they put pressure on them to be interesting and involved in what is going on.  They put pressure on them to be authentic and to share what is happening in their lives. For all the talk about storylines, I think that most everyone would agree that Lu's best season by far was the season she was a "friend of". She had no real storyline to speak of. Just dating, being a mom, and hanging out with the gals. But she was involved with everyone, went to all the events, gave her opinion on what was going on, and reacted to what she saw. Good enough, IMO. 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, Maharincess said:

What does this mean?  I've been trying to figure it out for half an hour and I am stumped.  Thanks. 

I don't really know how to explain. Ramona's hair was so pulled back that the hairs around her hairline (her "edges" in Black women hair parlance) were slick. So, Ramona's edges were very slick; she, however, with the game she was playing by having all these exes at the party, was not nearly as slick, comparatively speaking.

5 hours ago, BBHN said:

How are they users? They clearly let their men (especially in the cases of Dorinda and Carole) know that while they are open to being in a relationship, they don't at this time see getting married as the finish line of some race. Not every relationship has to lead to marriage and kids, and love them or hate them, both Dorinda and Carole have both been extremely forthright to John and Adam regarding this issue.

Considering how he has been involved with one-third of cast, Tom's "past" is pretty much going to be there on your average day of filming, forget scenes that don't involve women who aren't HWs.

Yeah, shoot the messenger, not the guy exchanging bodily fluids with women who are not Luann...

I think this is it. So many people view marriage as The Next Step that a woman actively saying to a man, "I love your companionship and I want you in my life, but that want for you in my life doesn't have to culminate with a legal document" is some sort of Bizarro world of coupling. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I believe when these women's homes are used for shooting events, they are given a stipend.  Take Kyle and LVP, their bedroom/closet have permanent lights installed for filming.  (They better not invite Ramona over-she might decided to rip them down.)  It is advantageous financially because they are not taxed for the reimbursement or use of their home.  Last season Sonja had nothing going on and what made her relevant was having Luann as a houseguest.  Initially it was helping Luann look for a place and then shortly before Thanksgiving Luann stayed with Sonja during filming.  It gave the entire cast a storyline, Bethenny went after Luann, Ramona claimed they had a revolving door of men, but mostly it provided a reason to have the two of them film rather candidly. 

It worked last season to a certain degree with Luann and Sonja so why not do it again?  According to the producers RHNYC are different than RHOBH, NYC travels and wants a big house on their trips and share bedrooms, BH want their own suites.  I believe Tinsley was pitched straight to the producers, so it would be up to them to make her relevant to someone on the show.  Luann was obviously busy so that left Sonja.

In every franchise it has been revealed that production meets with the women at the beginning of the season to see what they have going on.  Obviously this season Ramona had her remodel, Luann had her wedding, Bethenny had her spin-off and real estate expansion as part of her empire, Dorinda always has her Berkshires party and she was part of the Luann wedding stuff, Carole had her election fervor, and that left Sonja once again without much going on except a huge chip on her shoulder with Dorinda.  I really liked they paired Tinsley up with Sonja and to a lesser degree Carole. 

The Tipsy Girl stuff-in July of 2015, long before it was filmed in November of 2015, there was an article that ran and Peter claimed Tipsy Girl would be part f RHONYC.  There has been an e-mail circulating about Ramona pushing the Tipsy Girl people to get product in her hands so she could incorporate as part of the show in early November.  Now supposedly Dorinda and John were involved-perhaps that is why he went off on Bethenny at the bra party about Skinnygirl vs. SkinnyCow?   

Andy once said most of the RH  believe they should have their own spin-offs because they are so interesting.  Some just can't bring it.  Look how hard they tried to make Kristen work and there just wasn't enough to work with after Josh pulled back.  Nail polish with suggested naughty names. 

• Love 9

"Edgy" is one way to describe that look, Ramona.  I thought she looked like Rhonda Rousey in that get up. 

I skipped over all the Bethenny scenes. I have no desire to watch The Bethenny and Frederick Show. 

I feel like I need a shower after seeing Harry Dubin.  Blech. 

Loved seeing Carole and Dorinda at the march.  What a day that was! 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I've never heard that Bravo puts pressure on them to have a storyline. I think they put pressure on them to be interesting and involved in what is going on.  They put pressure on them to be authentic and to share what is happening in their lives. For all the talk about storylines, I think that most everyone would agree that Lu's best season by far was the season she was a "friend of". She had no real storyline to speak of. Just dating, being a mom, and hanging out with the gals. But she was involved with everyone, went to all the events, gave her opinion on what was going on, and reacted to what she saw. Good enough, IMO. 

Bravo has said repeatedly it is a not a documentary where the cameras follow them around constantly so there has to be an event that takes place or something worth filming.  Season 6-the lowest rated season in the franchise's history ,the focus was on Aviva and Carole's stupid book fight and  who would and would not invite her to different events and which ones she would attend.  Luann was a contract hold out for the beginning of Season 6.  She did carry her weight, she had a fashion show-complete with Kelly Bensimon, hosted the MF Hamptons party.  She had an event at a design house where her tableware was introduced and Ramona misbehaved.   Luann sang at the jazz club where Ramona tortured her.  We didn't see the performance because she chose a song still under copyright.  What she didn't want was to showcase her break up with Jacques.  Carole and Heather had treated Luann poorly the previous season and she went so far as to mention it at the Reunion.    I believe Aviva had an art show for Luann's daughter where Carole grabbed Aviva's face.  She also did a great job of boxing Ramona in during the intervention.   Bravo and Sonja even went so far to set up a fake Harry/Luann interlude.  In spite of Luann and Heather saying they left as a group and went elsewhere.  So I would say she had a lot going on just no juicy stuff or turmoil with Heather and Carole.   

This season Luann is in a similar situation where an outside event (her wedding) made her less accessible to filming.  She missed the entire Carole election night party.  I am pretty sure Carole knew Luann had been and guest at Hillary's 2015 birthday party as there were photos of Luann, with President Clinton and Secretary Clinton that were out there.   I do think she was invited but did not attend citing wedding planning.  

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I don't really know how to explain. Ramona's hair was so pulled back that the hairs around her hairline (her "edges" in Black women hair parlance) were slick. So, Ramona's edges were very slick; she, however, the game she was playing by having all these exes at the party, was not nearly as slick, comparatively speaking.

I think this is it. So many people view marriage as The Next Step that a woman actively saying to a man, "I love your companionship and I want you in my life, but that want for you in my life doesn't have to culminate with a legal document" is some sort of Bizarro world of coupling. 

@Mozelle if I may?  A visual might help  @Maharincess.   Edges.

tiyanla-cod-sweetst02-fix-my-edges-80378

maxresdefault.jpg

• Love 12

I'd like Tinsley to get a makeover.  I think she'd look lovely with a darker shade of blonde, with lowlights.  However, I loved the sweater jacket/coat she was wearing when she was touring the apartments.  I could have done without the slight puffs at the shoulders, but I would wear the hell out of that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe when these women's homes are used for shooting events, they are given a stipend.  Take Kyle and LVP, their bedroom/closet have permanent lights installed for filming.  (They better not invite Ramona over-she might decided to rip them down.)  It is advantageous financially because they are not taxed for the reimbursement or use of their home.  Last season Sonja had nothing going on and what made her relevant was having Luann as a houseguest.  Initially it was helping Luann look for a place and then shortly before Thanksgiving Luann stayed with Sonja during filming.  It gave the entire cast a storyline, Bethenny went after Luann, Ramona claimed they had a revolving door of men, but mostly it provided a reason to have the two of them film rather candidly. 

It worked last season to a certain degree with Luann and Sonja so why not do it again?  According to the producers RHNYC are different than RHOBH, NYC travels and wants a big house on their trips and share bedrooms, BH want their own suites.  I believe Tinsley was pitched straight to the producers, so it would be up to them to make her relevant to someone on the show.  Luann was obviously busy so that left Sonja.

In every franchise it has been revealed that production meets with the women at the beginning of the season to see what they have going on.  Obviously this season Ramona had her remodel, Luann had her wedding, Bethenny had her spin-off and real estate expansion as part of her empire, Dorinda always has her Berkshires party and she was part of the Luann wedding stuff, Carole had her election fervor, and that left Sonja once again without much going on except a huge chip on her shoulder with Dorinda.  I really liked they paired Tinsley up with Sonja and to a lesser degree Carole. 

The Tipsy Girl stuff-in July of 2015, long before it was filmed in November of 2015, there was an article that ran and Peter claimed Tipsy Girl would be part f RHONYC.  There has been an e-mail circulating about Ramona pushing the Tipsy Girl people to get product in her hands so she could incorporate as part of the show in early November.  Now supposedly Dorinda and John were involved-perhaps that is why he went off on Bethenny at the bra party about Skinnygirl vs. SkinnyCow?   

Andy once said most of the RH  believe they should have their own spin-offs because they are so interesting.  Some just can't bring it.  Look how hard they tried to make Kristen work and there just wasn't enough to work with after Josh pulled back.  Nail polish with suggested naughty names. 

I know they meet to discuss what everyone has going on.  They have to decide who has something happening they can form a trip around, who has a major event that could host the season finale. The question is, do they tell them what they have to use as their center story, or is it organic? And if they do tell them, how to know what is real and when to blame a ho'wife for something stupid, when it might have been production saying "you have to do this if you want to be on the show"? If Tinsley is being forced to live with Sonja and doesn't actually want to, what to do with that? Is her struggle to be out on her own and find a place for herself real, or is it all production?  Is Sonja really a horrendous bitch of a host, or just pissy because she doesn't actually want this person living in her home but was told she had to let her live there to stay on the show? And are we to believe that only Sonja and Tinsley were told how they had to live and portray themselves on the show (which if production made them is completely fake), but no one else has ever been told what to do or how to act? My guess is this is all fakery developed by Sonja and agreed to by Tinsley to make it an interesting dynamic and production thought it a great idea. 

• Love 5

Ugh, Missy or Myrtle or whatever your name is-- If you're going to be on this show to stir some shit, then stir the shit.  Don't just like vaguely flail your arms near the spoon. 

• Love 7