Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I assume he's not necessarily aiming at the professional ministry but is just doing that "young guy who's a member of our church preaching" thing, but I don't know. Any sign of whether he aims at doing this for a living?

I don't know if he's an actual student, but he mentioned studying Colossians in order to teach lessons from that book.  

• Useful 2
19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The groom is Titus Hall. He's from a big family in PA. Big time fundies.

Just can't shake the thought that moving a Caldwell girl several states away from her family might not turn out happily ever after.  I foresee a very homesick bride and a devastated bride's parents and oldest sister for starters.

Seems Duggars stay tethered for financial reasons for the most part, destined to live under the thumb of JB forever, cursed by lack of education, initiative and backbone.   The Caldwell ties seem to run pretty emotionally deep. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm going to hell. His name is literally 'tight asshole'. 🤣🤣

I'm glad Lauren didn't get stuck as Lauren Duggar 2.0., with a balding, greasy boy.

Come sit next to me. I was trying to think of a PC nickname for him. I couldn’t. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 8
On 10/17/2020 at 2:43 AM, Lunera said:

I'm going to hell. His name is literally 'tight asshole'. 🤣🤣

I'm glad Lauren didn't get stuck as Lauren Duggar 2.0., with a balding, greasy boy.

I am snorting my kitkat back up........😄

• LOL 5
On 10/16/2020 at 9:15 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

2.0 is nothing. The Maxwells are on Anna 3.0. 😁

On the other hand, we and they should probably all rejoice that the Maxwells don't have Steve 3.0. 

Although I suppose it's pretty likely there are Steves proceeding there under other names.

I think that occurs to me because there's something about Tight-Assed-as-All-Hell that makes me think of Steve......He seems like a guy who might suffer from that form of "religious OCD" they call Scrupulosity. Good luck, Lauren. Hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by Churchhoney
58 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

m9h96ps3vwu51.jpg

Little bit pricey there, Kendra --

A'DEL NATURAL COSMETICS

MASCARA

$28

Joe Duggar doesn't look like he lives with a woman who wants $28 mascara. 😁

I always wonder how many people with disposable incomes that allow numerous luxury-level purchases of small things actually follow the Duggars and want to take recommendations from them. There must be some. But I can't figure out who they are. With a fairly small number of exceptions (I think...), these Gothard-y and Quiverful-ish families don't seem to be good prospects for products like this. I guess the "natural" is a draw to her audience. But I really wonder who loves Kendra enough to buy very much from a company like this.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Little bit pricey there, Kendra --

A'DEL NATURAL COSMETICS

MASCARA

$28

Joe Duggar doesn't look like he lives with a woman who wants $28 mascara. 😁

I always wonder how many people with disposable incomes that allow numerous luxury-level purchases of small things actually follow the Duggars and want to take recommendations from them. There must be some. But I can't figure out who they are. With a fairly small number of exceptions (I think...), these Gothard-y and Quiverful-ish families don't seem to be good prospects for products like this. I guess the "natural" is a draw to her audience. But I really wonder who loves Kendra enough to buy very much from a company like this.

Chanel Le Volume is the best mascara of life- and it’s $30. I don’t see Kendra as the idea representative of $28 mascara either. Not that I begrudge her advertising things, but I would think she would market something she uses. Homegoods or baby items.....her hair is thick and shinny so I could see her shelling a conditioner or hair mask.  

I could see a Kendra fan using their tiny bit of disposable income to buy from her. Marketing is a fascinating thing, but the way these things work she only gets paid per person that uses her code for a purchase. No money out of the company’s pocket. She filmed the ad etc. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Chanel Le Volume is the best mascara of life- and it’s $30. I don’t see Kendra as the idea representative of $28 mascara either. Not that I begrudge her advertising things, but I would think she would market something she uses. Homegoods or baby items.....her hair is thick and shinny so I could see her shelling a conditioner or hair mask.  

I could see a Kendra fan using their tiny bit of disposable income to buy from her. Marketing is a fascinating thing, but the way these things work she only gets paid per person that uses her code for a purchase. No money out of the company’s pocket. She filmed the ad etc. 

Exactly. Those who truly want to and have the income to buy pricey mascara already know the quality brands and stick to them.

• Love 10

I just heard the news... duggars rejoice over baby news... I just want to cry...

https://www.tlcme.com/shows/counting-on/articles/joe-and-kendra-duggar-expecting--3--

When do parents of newborn/toddlers find the time and energy to want to have sex all of the time?.. Are their hormones really that much out of control ? to go from no kissing to 3 kids in little under 4 years...

Even though Kendra's births come out ok (partially due to the calmness of Mrs. Caldwell), surely the wear and tear on a 21 year old body...

We might need to change the title of this thread... these 2 are a long way away from the good ole days of side hugs...

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Kendra looks 16 and is super cute!

Did they announce the gender of baby to be? 

I don't think so. When they announced back in August, they teased a "tiebreaker," which makes me think they won't say until after the baby is born. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sATL said:

When do parents of newborn/toddlers find the time and energy to want to have sex all of the time?.. Are their hormones really that much out of control ? to go from no kissing to 3 kids in little under 4 years...

When you are young, healthy, have a strong drive for partnered sex and no social reasons to delay another pregnancy (like a job or financial concerns). I doubt they are having sex “all the time”- they are just hitting Kendra’s ovulation window. 

Sex doesn’t take all that long unless you want it to, and think about all the sex straight married people had before medical contraception or television. Add in youth and a couple that happens to be fertile TOGETHER.....

I am not surprised Kendra is pregnant again. 

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

When you are young, healthy, have a strong drive for partnered sex and no social reasons to delay another pregnancy (like a job or financial concerns). I doubt they are having sex “all the time”- they are just hitting Kendra’s ovulation window. 

Sex doesn’t take all that long unless you want it to, and think about all the sex straight married people had before medical contraception or television. Add in youth and a couple that happens to be fertile TOGETHER.....

I am not surprised Kendra is pregnant again. 

this reminds me of the famous Kings of comedy routine "3 minutes" by the late Bernie Mac 🤣...  I won't post the youtube link out of consideration - alot of F-bombs were dropped..

• LOL 6
46 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m surprised she wasn’t pregnant before now actually. I don’t even remember a time when she wasn’t. That photo of her looks rough and not like someone who wears $28 mascara. 

She is due 2/2021. 5 months pregnant already. They got married in 2017. 3 years 3 kids. Like Jill Rod. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, awaken said:

Waitaminute. I thought we already knew she was pregnant?  

Yeah she announced back in August. It was right around the time Joy was due, so I remember us discussing if Joe and Kendra were trying to steal her thunder or provide a media distraction with the timing. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sATL said:

I didn't know... I haven't been keeping up.. sorry..

Don't feel bad. I keep forgetting who some of these people are. Like, "is so-and-so married? Oh apparently so." 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
Just now, PikaScrewChu said:

THERE'S A JUSTIN?

Sometimes I feel like the Michelle of the board, completely zonked out, but unlike her, I at least have the excuse of not having birthed any of these yahoos. 😄 

• LOL 21

I think we all miss stuff, even if we're trying to keep up. Some of it is the way this site jumps up and down before settling. Some of it is we have lives. Some of it is when the threads are moving very fast. And some of it is when the thread, like this one, is not usually moving at all. I have a habit of not noticing the thread has another page started. I'll post a comment and see the site slowly loading it, and I'll know, oops, I did it again. And sure enough they'll be a dozen posts on the next page and my post looks as if I didn't read one of them - because I hadn't, lol.

I think we've had at least three 'birth announcements' on Kendra's latest pregnancy since the first one. Not a big deal at all.

• Love 10
On 10/15/2020 at 9:35 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

fFwPCnx_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

This is about as personal as a Duggar birthday greeting. 

Dude sounds like the Great Value version of Jeremy Vuolo. 😬 

image.png.fd4b4dd5e5c07fa55c1bbabc050bda23.png

This all a potential MIL - who claims to following the strict and detailed practice of getting to know whom your child is courting - can say ??  At the least say "she is the daughter of xxx and yyy..."

"We Love her" -> sounds desperate

Get ready momma Caldwell - more daughters to coach through labor.

Kendra do you return the labor assistance favor or is there another younger sister who needs to step up?  I also guess that means you might be on your own next time, as I know your sister has been a big help in the past.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, sATL said:

This all a potential MIL - who claims to following the strict and detailed practice of getting to know whom your child is courting - can say ??  At the least say "she is the daughter of xxx and yyy..."

Kendra do you return the labor assistance favor or is there another younger sister who needs to step up?  I also guess that means you might be on your own next time, as I know your sister has been a big help in the past.

There's one more but she's much younger. The rest are boys. It's why a lot of us are shocked they're marrying Lauren off, especially considering Christina is pregnant AGAIN.

Not sure I thought I'd ever be saying this but I think Lauren would have been further off with a random J'boy than this dude. Closer to home and her family. With someone closer to her age. With someone who looks like the lights are on but no one is home.

I think she's going to be the non-pants wearing Jinger to his Great Value Jeremy. Poor kid. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

There's one more but she's much younger. The rest are boys. It's why a lot of us are shocked they're marrying Lauren off, especially considering Christina is pregnant AGAIN.

Not sure I thought I'd ever be saying this but I think Lauren would have been further off with a random J'boy than this dude. Closer to home and her family. With someone closer to her age. With someone who looks like the lights are on but no one is home.

I think she's going to be the non-pants wearing Jinger to his Great Value Jeremy. Poor kid. 

The Bates have a run of men to choose from... A couple might be a little old for her, though.

1 hour ago, sATL said:

The Bates have a run of men to choose from... A couple might be a little old for her, though.

The only person Lawson wants to marry is himself and until human cloning is widespread, not happening. There's Trace and Nathan but isn't one of them supposedly courting someone?

• Love 8

Lauren is getting married June 18, 2021, according to the registry she's starting to set up. 

7 hours ago, sATL said:

I think it's more formal announcement. The reason it says she's from Arkansas is the Halls live in Pennsylvania and haven't spent too much time with Lauren.  They don't know her very well. I like the announcement. It's kind, and says everything it needs to say. 

6 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Maybe we're looking at wrong. Maybe the Caldwells want one less mouth to feed, instead of a sistermom. Also they probably feel they have to let her get married since she's already 20, which is older than Kendra or Christina (Kendra and Christina's mother) when they married.  If she gets married in June, she'll be 21. 

• Love 5

It's quite possible they aren't about the sister mom lifestyle like the other mega families are. 

I'm just very surprised in a family full of boys, her mom being pregnant (again), and her sister on her third kid in three years that they would marry her off so soon. It's not like Lauren's uterus is going to crawl out and walk away because she's turned 21 and hasn't borne a child yet. 

Although being a sister-mom and aunt-mom doesn't sound appealing either. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's quite possible they aren't about the sister mom lifestyle like the other mega families are. 

I'm just very surprised in a family full of boys, her mom being pregnant (again), and her sister on her third kid in three years that they would marry her off so soon. It's not like Lauren's uterus is going to crawl out and walk away because she's turned 21 and hasn't borne a child yet. 

Although being a sister-mom and aunt-mom doesn't sound appealing either. 

I think a big difference is the age spread. The older boys are 16, 14/15, and 11. Olivia is 9 or 10. They really only have two young ones (5 and 3) and a baby on the way. The older kids are probably fairly self-sufficient. There is such a disparity between having babies every 2 to 4 years and having one (or two) every year, like Michelle and JB. 

Unlike the Duggars, I also have the impression that the Caldwells actually teach their children things like housekeeping and a work ethic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I think a big difference is the age spread. The older boys are 16, 14/15, and 11. Olivia is 9 or 10. They really only have two young ones (5 and 3) and a baby on the way. The older kids are probably fairly self-sufficient. There is such a disparity between having babies every 2 to 4 years and having one (or two) every year, like Michelle and JB. 

Unlike the Duggars, I also have the impression that the Caldwells actually teach their children things like housekeeping and a work ethic. 

Their youngest isn't 3. Garrett (Kendra's oldest) is 2 and he's older than their youngest child. I looked it up and the youngest will 2 soon. He'll be about 2 1/2 when the new baby is born. But yes most of their kids aren't that young. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

my memory is failing me but last time I looked up info on the Jb and Joe connection for good neighbor realty they were listed with a group with same name in maybe Missouri. I'll try to find it again

• Useful 1
  • Love 2