Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

Paul and Christina Caldwell announced on their family Instagram that they are expecting #9 in May. 

They currently have 8 children. The oldest is Kendra Caldwell Duggar currently pregnant with her 3rd child. Kendra will have her baby in February. 

Garrett, Addison, and baby #3 will have new aunt or uncle in May!

I'm surprised they're announcing at 2 months, but I hope everything goes well.

Now we know why sister mom Lauren is still single. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2020 at 4:27 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Bump shots in 6 & 7. They sure go on vacation a lot.

That family has enough teeth to qualify as Osmonds.
Kendra's white-on-white dress is gorgeous. I bet she smells like Ivory Snow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Paul and Christina Caldwell announced on their family Instagram that they are expecting #9 in May. 

They currently have 8 children. The oldest is Kendra Caldwell Duggar currently pregnant with her 3rd child. Kendra will have her baby in February. 

Garrett, Addison, and baby #3 will have new aunt or uncle in May!

I'm surprised they're announcing at 2 months, but I hope everything goes well.

Now we know why sister mom Lauren is still single. 

That's just ridiculous. Smh

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not to mention, this is the SECOND time that they've been pregnant at the same time. That little tyke on Paul's shoulders was born a few months after Garrett.

I wonder how that really makes Kendra feel. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Patricia07 said:

I wonder how that really makes Kendra feel. 

"Pregnancy besties!"

Kendra doesn't seem that close to Duggar clan and is probably excited to share the trials and tribulations of pregnancy with her mother rather than a random sister-in-law.

Lauren Caldwell is not leaving the nest for quite some time at this rate.

"Here's a Duggar boy for Katey N. And a Duggar boy for Olivia C. None for Lauren Caldwell!"

• Love 10

How old is Lauren Caldwell? Are there no other sister moms in that family? I’d be happy that Lauren wasn’t courting a Duggar except that the alternative of caring for your siblings isn’t much better.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

How old is Lauren Caldwell? Are there no other sister moms in that family? I’d be happy that Lauren wasn’t courting a Duggar except that the alternative of caring for your siblings isn’t much better.

Lauren is 20. There's one other girl in the family but she's much younger. 

Realistically it delays Lauren's fecundity the longer she puts off marriage. The less children born into this cult, the better. 

• Love 11

But aren't they worried she would be "too old" to marry in a few years?

I don't know how it goes with those fundies, but I got the impression they don't like to wait a long time to marry a girl

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

But aren't they worried she would be "too old" to marry in a few years?

I don't know how it goes with those fundies, but I got the impression they don't like to wait a long time to marry a girl

Lauren will probably be married by 23- not "old" for a fundy bride but not "young" either. The only Duggar daughter married before 21 was Joy.

16 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Kendra being who she is, I imagine she feels it's all really nifty. She just seems to be wired that way.

Kendra seems to be genuinely close to her mother so she is probably excited. We are on the same wavelength.

• Love 6

Jessa needs to tell Kendra about headaches and 'extra long' periods. That way Kendra won't beat out Jessa in the baby making department and poor Kendra can catch a break. Three babies in three years is enough to knock Kendra's giggle out. Jessa needs to do it now, because before you know it, Kendra, her mom and her sister will all be having babies at the same time.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa needs to tell Kendra about headaches and 'extra long' periods. That way Kendra won't beat out Jessa in the baby making department and poor Kendra can catch a break. Three babies in three years is enough to knock Kendra's giggle out. Jessa needs to do it now, because before you know it, Kendra, her mom and her sister will all be having babies at the same time.

I don't know; maybe Kendra wants to be pregnant. And why is it Jessa's responsibility? 

More importantly Joe has to agree to all this since he's the headship. 

Kendra and Joe should start thinking about preventing if they're tired of having baby after baby. But it's decision they need to make together and the responsibility/weight shouldn't be all on Kendra. Joe needs to commit to this too. It sounds manipulative for Kendra to just "get headaches". It's not 50s, even if fundies live that way. 

• Love 5

I think Kendra has guzzled the Kool Aid and would never admit she was feeling overwhelmed or didn't want to have more children to herself, let alone to her husband, in-laws, or own family. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think Kendra has guzzled the Kool Aid and would never admit she was feeling overwhelmed or didn't want to have more children to herself, let alone to her husband, in-laws, or own family. 

Same for Joe, he brought Joy back into the cult when she questioned her “faith”.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Zella said:

37 minutes ago, SMama said:

Same for Joe, he brought Joy back into the cult when she questioned her “faith”.

They also strike me as a couple where each enjoys his/her partner and enjoys sex with said partner.  Sex is not a chore for Kendra so she will keep on getting pregnant and be surprised that she is knocked up again.  They don't seem to be planning this.  

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't know; maybe Kendra wants to be pregnant. And why is it Jessa's responsibility? 

More importantly Joe has to agree to all this since he's the headship. 

Kendra and Joe should start thinking about preventing if they're tired of having baby after baby. But it's decision they need to make together and the responsibility/weight shouldn't be all on Kendra. Joe needs to commit to this too. It sounds manipulative for Kendra to just "get headaches". It's not 50s, even if fundies live that way. 

I think the poster was being a bit facetious.

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I agree. Also I don't believe Kendra doesn't want to be pregnant or conceive. She WANTS this. No one is forcing her to have sex or conceive (or Joe either for that matter).

Nor do I think as fundy as Joe is, if Kendra said she didnt want to be pregnant he would have a problem with it, and I don't think he's the type of fundy guy that would rape his wife (there are still men out there that still feel if you are their wife/gf you cannot refuse them sex).

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Kendra seemed firmly on the baby train in all of her TH's, so I think she'll be a martyr like her mother and suffer for the cause.

I doubt Kendra has a real idea there's any other way to live.   She went from the Caldwell sphere of existence to an overlap in the same Venn diagram of existence in the Duggar sphere.  I doubt her horizon is any broader than that.   

• Love 4

I've brought it up in two other threads, but Lauren Caldwell is engaged. At least she is slightly older than her sister Kendra. Kendra was barely 19 when she got married and Garrett was born two months before her 20th birthday. Lauren turned 20 in May. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Surprise engagement? They just happened to wear matching outfits?

Lol, like all the other Fundie engagements where the girl just happens to have a perfect, photo-ready French manicure on the day she receives her ring. 🙄

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 24
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, I didn't even know Lauren was courting. Congrats, I guess. Her ring is very pretty.

The ring is pretty and she looks happy. Kendra keeps her social media pretty vague so I don’t know if we will get a lot of wedding details. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

fFwPCnx_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

This is about as personal as a Duggar birthday greeting. 

Dude sounds like the Great Value version of Jeremy Vuolo. 😬 

According to Titus's mom's personal confession on their church website, she -- Gina -- was raised Catholic and emerged deeply unhappy with herself, God, life, Christianity and you name it until her fundie conversion.....So there's a Vuolo vibe, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Two more young breeders for Jesus.

It's a bit unsettling he's 27 and she's 20. His family is uber fundie so he's probably on the same maturity level, so the age difference probably doesn't matter. 

I'm always surprised these people make huge deals out of when their offspring get engaged only to say "Uh... She loves the Lord...?" This person is about to marry into your family and all you can say about her is that?!?!?!?! 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

According to Titus's mom's personal confession on their church website, she -- Gina -- was raised Catholic and emerged deeply unhappy with herself, God, life, Christianity and you name it until her fundie conversion.....So there's a Vuolo vibe, too.

When I was in college, one of my roommates was fundie.  She had a boyfriend who was one of those 'I used to be Catholic, but then I found Jesus' people.  A particularly obnoxious variety of fundie.  He frequently pointed out to my other roommates and I the error of our ways, worshipping statues and relics, thinking the blessed virgin was equal to God.  Lots of head shaking and tsk-tsking about our sinful ways.  The fact she named her kid Titus, means she's probably all about Titus 2 and submitting to her husband.  Poor Lauren.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's a bit unsettling he's 27 and she's 20. His family is uber fundie so he's probably on the same maturity level, so the age difference probably doesn't matter. 

I'm always surprised these people make huge deals out of when their offspring get engaged only to say "Uh... She loves the Lord...?" This person is about to marry into your family and all you can say about her is that?!?!?!?! 

I care less about the age difference since they're both adults, and probably met as adults. 

Her family is from Virginia and then moved to Arkansas. He is from Pennsylvania. I think they met as adults, because they're not from the same state. She probably hasn't known him too long or she would be married by now.  His parents may not have met her yet, since they live in PA. Maybe they skyped with her, maybe they've met in her person once, but they probably don't know her too well. The most important thing to these people is being saved by Jesus, so that's what they know. 

• Love 4

If you'd like a vicarious experience of the rest of Lauren Caldwell's days as her husband talks and talks, here are his sermons: --

https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?speakeronly=true&currsection=sermonsspeaker&keyword=Titus_Hall

And one where you can hear and see him ...    

He's a better speaker than Jer is. I'll give him that.....Kind of in the dry drill-sergeant mode, but at least you can figure out what he's driving at and one thing seems to lead to the next.

I assume he's not necessarily aiming at the professional ministry but is just doing that "young guy who's a member of our church preaching" thing, but I don't know. Any sign of whether he aims at doing this for a living?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4