Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E04: The Tables Have Turned

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

What they should have done is just listened to Hali and voted out Brad . She even tried to warn them a second time that they were going for the wrong target right before she got up to vote. But for some reason they were fixated on fan favorite Sierra Dawn Thomas and told her everything was good. According to Malcolm they wanted to placate JT by voting out Sierra rather than Brad and that they didn't want to Hali to vote with them because they thought it would place the target on her on the new tribe and they were hoping they could reconnect with her later.  They really didn't need he vote anyway because they had the majority, they just picked the wrong target.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

It was because of the numbers.  Blue had 6 and Red had 5.  If Blue splits their vote and there is no idol, then who ever Red is voting for goes home.  If Blue doesn't split and there's no idol, then Blue picks who goes home.  They decided they would take a risk on Red not having an idol.

Blue should have worked harder on getting Hali to vote with them.

Not to mention - Blue should not have done such a spectacularly awesome job of telegraphing to Red who Blue was voting for - or at least tried something in the nature of misdirection.

• Love 6

But of course!  But Blue doesn't usually have to worry about one member of their tribe racing over to Red to blab what their big plan is.

JT dug his own grave.  Just like Tyson voted himself out that time.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, LanceM said:

What they should have done is just listened to Hali and voted out Brad . She even tried to warn them a second time that they were going for the wrong target right before she got up to vote. But for some reason they were fixated on fan favorite Sierra Dawn Thomas and told her everything was good. According to Malcolm they wanted to placate JT by voting out Sierra rather than Brad and that they didn't want to Hali to vote with them because they thought it would place the target on her on the new tribe and they were hoping they could reconnect with her later.  They really didn't need he vote anyway because they had the majority, they just picked the wrong target.

That made more sense why they didn't vote Brad, JT just fucked up big time because of him wanting to vote out Sandra.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, LanceM said:

I think there was a (not altogether unreasonable) degree of suspicion regarding Hali's motives.  Both Hali and Sierra have insisted there's no alliance or other bond between them, sure - but what if they were lying? In that light - from the other Tribe's perspective, why is Hali lobbying to divert their vote from Sierra?  Is it because Hali has inside information like, say, an idol destined to be played Sierra's way?  Or could Hali be fighting to preserve a secret ally?

Just saying I can see why they may not take Hali's word at immediate face value.

• Love 5

I hated that tribal. Hated the result. And hated the episode before because of the poor goats. All in all, I am not much enjoying this season so far - mostly because they are voting out people I want to stay in and not voting out the people I want ORFF my screen, which is ridiculous! - but I have to say this was one of the more upsetting boots. Malcolm! He's so lovely to watch and gives great ironic summations in his talking heads. Just such a loss for the rest of the season, in my view. I feel like that fellow has never had a good deal on this show, and has so much to offer.

I hate the way Brad's running the show over on whatsitsname. Yeah he's the new improved interior decorating Brad, but he's still Brad Culpepper, and I hate that he convinced his dumb tribe to vote off one of their physically strong men previously instead of Hali, who is working my last nerve. What a bunch of idiots to go along with him. Now they're paying - ugh, her attitude, so much hair flouncing - and will continue to pay in domino-falling fashion for his obsession in weeding out strong males early.

I would have loved it if Tai wasted his idol on Sierra and they voted Culpepper out. Or even better if they'd gone along with the plan to loop in Malcolm and JT and get freaking Sandra out. This season is not going my way!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also, I'm sure there is pressure for the show to keep it interesting after 30+ seasons, so some wrenches are thrown into the game we know from Season 1 for fun.  It has to evolve in my opinion.  That's why year after year it's different and we're all still watching.

I agree!  But I think at some point they should do a Survivor:  Old School and play a season by season 1 rules.  

8 hours ago, butterbody said:

I'm relatively new to survivor (only been watching a few seasons but IT IS EVERYTHING) 

But you have me super intrigued about Culpepper. What do I need to know? Can you say without getting banned? I thought it was great when he told Tai to take his time because he would make up for it, and then he did. Is he actually a tool? 

I have seen every episode of Survivor and I don't know why he is so hated either :)

• Love 6
17 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

It's a total bummer that the forces of evil, one of my least favorite packs of Survivors ever, came out on top this episode, and eliminated my Survivor Boyfriend.  But I thought it was an interesting tribal idea. 

Yep. It was an interesting scenario but I'm so bummed by the result. 

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

Why Malcolm (a huge fan of the game ) would work with him knowing that is beyond me.

Malcolm was a big Dummy.

I love Malcolm(b) - somewhat irrationally, maybe. There's something just so charming about him and he clearly loves the game and had some good instincts for it (and, okay, he's pretty) but... in FvF2 he aligned with Corinne, and then dumb-as-a-plank Eddie BarK. For such a superfan, his alliance-mate choices (Denise aside, because she was awesome and they were an awesome pair) have a history of being questionable. 

6 hours ago, Hera said:

I was surprised that they didn't let the two tribes going to tribal council go back to the same beach before tribal council. If they had, there still would have been a lot of craziness, but without all the whispering, so it would be easier for viewers to follow. It would also mean that JT and Hali could have had a little more breathing space while they decided what to do. It's hard to negotiate a flip when the people you are considering flipping on are right there, listening to everything you say and I'm not surprised that both of them ended up voting with the tribes they're currently on.

This. The running around and whispering at tribal was kind of fun to watch but I think drawing it out over an afternoon and giving them the opportunity to actually work the twist would have been more interesting. 

• Love 7

I think that would be worth a try; but as I said upthread, I would also enjoy a variation where no one gets to plan anything, and the votes are just whatever each person thinks of in their own head.  Kind of like the way many players in S1 were doing it while Richard Hatch and his alliance were picking them off.  Although in the modern game, people would still have alliances and would try to figure out who their alliance-mates would be most likely to target.

• Love 3

I  don't mind the cross talking at TC, but I think they should be required to remain in their seats.   We've seen quiet cross conversations change the vote strategy, changing the outcome.  This was a free for all.  Good television, but bad game rules.

JT was asked about his true alliance during the quiet part of the tribal council.  He had originally been allied with Brad on his original tribe. Now he is the only member of his original tribe on this new tribe.  He knew that he would have been the one going home if this tribe had been at TC by themselves.  Sandra spoke up in her arrogant way and said he had been fully assimilated into the tribe and he needed to be a loyal member of the tribe.  I think, knowing what he knew, that she got on his last nerve with this comment.  I think that is why he told Brad they were voting for Sierra - he picked an alliance and it was his original tribe.  He thought his original tribe were voting Sandra.  He had no idea they were voting for Malcolm, JT was in tears after the votes were read - and that is saying a lot for a country boy.

If Sandra wins this time, every single one of the people of this tribal council have themselves to blame.  When these returning players don't recognize the biggest threat in the room is the two time winner who has never had her name written down.... they don't deserve to win.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6

Thinking on it a little more, the baffling play here for me is Tai (not surprisingly). By giving up that idol for his tribe he played it like a merge and it wasn't. He started off that TC in no danger, with an idol and ended it with his tribe unchanged, and no idol. If he didn't play it his tribe is down to 4 but he's in the 3-1 majority and he's got the idol so, even assuming they lose the next two ICs, Hali goes and then probably Brad, and then there's almost certainly a shuffle down to two tribes and he's still got the idol and he and Debbie are wild cards. NOW there are five of them and he's in the 4-1 majority, but they're still not great at challenges and may still lose the next two ICs, and I'm assuming the idol's been rehidden, which means Hali may well get it. 

JT was an idiot for trusting them to take out Sandra but at least he did understand that this wasn't a merge and there was no real reason to keep his tribe up in numbers if he could get rid of a social threat instead. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

The bedrock of Survivor is relationships - building them, and testing them.  By giving eviction power to people with zero opportunity to build - or destroy - relationships first, Survivor contradicts itself.

While I think this twist is wholly unfair in a newbie season, I have less of a problem with it in a returning player season. One assumes these players do know each other, and while the point of Survivor is to build relationships, I thought this was sort of the show's answer to all the pre-game alliances that come in on returning player seasons: "Oh, so you all know each other anyway? Then you won't mind getting together to vote out one of these people you already know."

Again, I might be more upset if it's a newbie season and you can be voted out by someone you've never met before. But on returning player seasons, I believe they all know each other somewhat going in. In other words: I don't believe anyone who cast a vote against Malcolm is someone Malcolm has never met before.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Not sure if this was already posted here: Exit interview

Very interesting as it answers so many debating points going on here.  Thanks muchly for the link.  Just a brief excerpt which I think is okay to do. After all it makes you want to go read the whole thing so kind of free advertising for TV Guide:

Malcolm:  The biggest thing that you really didn't see was that JT knew something was wrong. He really did want them to vote for Sandra. He thought he had it all figured out. But, two-thirds of the way through this Tribal Council, JT, you could see in his face, was panicking. He told us to change the vote away from Sierra. He wouldn't tell us why. If he had just said, "Hey, guys, I told them Sierra, I messed up. We need to change the vote," all of us would have done it in a heartbeat. But instead, he just said, "I think we need to change the vote. I think we need to change the vote." We just thought he was panicking. So all of us said, "No, calm down, stick to the plan, stick to the plan, stick to the plan. So, JT had his head in his hands before we even voted and no one knew why until I was crying on the way out of Tribal.

So it was totally on JT.  First he screwed up then he wouldn't come clean to what he did so all the others obviously misread him.  He had a chance to save the day from his own stupid mistake and he failed to do so.  Dumb and dumber.

Other points:

• He called Sandra "endearing" and her shooting off her mouth is just "half bullshitting and half Latino fire" and just "Sandra being Sandra."
  • He said he and Aubrey talked for about three hours going over every possible scenario but no one could foresee JT just jumping up and going over and telling the other tribe their plans.
  • Before tribal he and Sandra talked a long while and both knew the other tribe would be voting for one of them because of Sandra being a former winner and him because he had been doing really good at challenges this time around.
  • He said the huddling and crazy went on for about twice as long as the edited version on TV.
  • He said no one really could figure out what Hali was doing coming over to them and he doubts Hali knew either.  His confirms his tribe wanted to leave her out of it so as not to put her in danger.

He also confirmed the voting strategy was based on dealing with JT:  "Going into this, when we found out that we're going to vote for somebody on the other tribe, of course everybody wants to get rid of Brad. But we know JT really likes Brad. So, we can't pick somebody that might make JT flip. So we had to pander toward his wants, and we didn't love the Sierra choice, but we went along with it because the consensus was, Sierra wouldn't have an idol. Sierra, from what I know, has never looked for an idol in her life."

Edited by green
  • Love 17

Thank you for that summary, Green! Wow...JT is an even bigger moron than I thought. Yeesh.

2 hours ago, princelina said:

I agree!  But I think at some point they should do a Survivor:  Old School and play a season by season 1 rules.

Remember when Probst would wander into camp and give them stuff to practice with for the challenge? Good times!

• Love 6
23 hours ago, green said:

He didn't lose control.  He was loving it.  He got the drama he wanted for production to use.  And Sandra has a dry sense of humor.  She is having fun with this.  It's a self-aware and even self-depreciating humorous thing to do this over the top "queen" stuff.  No one takes her seriously much less herself.

Still rooting for Sandra.  The edit is weird because no one could possibly believe she takes herself serious with her "queen" routine.  It's a made for TV twirl the mustache over the top routine obviously.  Maybe the editors think the audience is that stupid to believe she is serious about all this instead of just playing around having fun with it.  Anyway if so she won't last much longer if they are trying to portray all this as a straight edit.

I agree about Sandra. To me, she seems obviously over-the-top with her obnoxious behavior (and enjoying every minute of it).  She's like the LaVar Ball of Survivor this season. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, seasick said:

Sandra' s "well I know I'm not going home" at TC..  = (broadcasted) "I have an idol" so-- look elsewhere".  At first I thought "ohh you so cocky girl..dont' push it.  But now get it.  Yet I don't recall the other tribe blink an eye at that possibility.. IIRC.   So I'm assuming she was not in their plan.

I'm not linking Sandra as much this season as I have in the past -- it was easy to cheer for her on HvV when she was constantly fighting to stay in the game, but here, when things are always going her way, she seems like a sore winner. That said, my read on her behaviour at this tribal council was the same as above -- I think she was trying really hard to make the other tribe think they were confident so they wouldn't start probing for a weakness. That all went out the window pretty quick, and it's not a super nuanced strategy to begin with, but it's not a bad idea either.

5 hours ago, seasick said:

I will say-I feel your pain.   There is luck needed in this game--no doubt.  Lucky if your tribe keeps winning IC's .( Bad game-play if your tribe hates you and throws the challenge to get rid of you)  Lucky if a tribe switch leaves you in a majority.  Unlucky if you draw the odd rock--but I don't mind drawing rocks in the traditional rules.  I LOVE the fire-making challenge for tie-breakers.   

But I agree that too many twists for random pitfalls makes the game too much about luck.  I don't find this twist as offensive in a retread setting because they all are--to some extent- familiar with each other.  But with a fresh cast--no.  .

One of the things that's interesting about this discussion is how people have different ideas about how much luck normally is or should be involved in Survivor. I think there's normally a great deal of luck involved, but I agree that, at a certain point, the strategic aspect of the game becomes meaningless if the playing field constantly changes. Then, you're just watching people scramble to react. The opposite is also true -- if the game's too predictable then, this many seasons in, people have found the optimal strategies to play and it's just a matter of who doesn't make a mistake -- which is boring to me.

As a viewer, I like that this twist shook things up -- as a player trying to win the grand prize, it would frustrate me.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Which was funny as hell, to me. That's entertainment. :D

Has Sandra done anything besides lay in the hammock and walk along the beach? That seems to be her day's activities, at least, as shown in this episode.

Apparently, she's a big mastermind whose failure got Poor Malcolm voted out. She must have been doing something, right? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Again, I might be more upset if it's a newbie season and you can be voted out by someone you've never met before. But on returning player seasons, I believe they all know each other somewhat going in. In other words: I don't believe anyone who cast a vote against Malcolm is someone Malcolm has never met before.

This I agree with completely. If these players can create alliances before the game even begins than I have no problem at all with the producers throwing a in a twist like this.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, green said:

So it was totally on JT.  First he screwed up then he wouldn't come clean to what he did so all the others obviously misread him.  He had a chance to save the day from his own stupid mistake and he failed to do so.  Dumb and dumber.

Malcolm also said about JT, "He's a good guy, just maybe shouldn't be allowed to think for himself sometimes." Kind of in a nutshell, I think. 

• Love 11

Almost as annoying as me losing my eye-candy for the rest of the season is that his fellow players are not literate enough to spell his damn name correctly. "Malcom"? "Malcomb"? Oy vey.

ETA: Oh and Sandra. Your attitude will make it so much more satisfying when you get voted off (because she has to soon, right? Get her off!) Eek! 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Q: What do women love to feel running through their hair?

A: A Mal-comb!

<rimshot>

Sorry.  I'll show myself out now....

high five

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, aquarian1 said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO VOTE OFF SANDRA????  ARE THEY ALL STUPID??? (rhetorical)

I'm late to the party here, but without wading through 6 pages (gotta get up early tomorrow), can someone explain to me why everyone changed their mind about voting out Sandra? (Idiots!)  And why Malcolm instead? 

6 minutes ago, MsTree said:

I'm late to the party here, but without wading through 6 pages (gotta get up early tomorrow), can someone explain to me why everyone changed their mind about voting out Sandra? (Idiots!)  And why Malcolm instead? 

In a nut shell, she is not a threat, plenty of time to get her later, thus the feeding frenzy to choose someone else.    Ugh. Worst TC ever. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

In the opening episode when they walked down very well made pathways to their perfect beach sites, I had a feeling this season was going to be too much Club Med and too little Survivor. 

So spot on!  First episode I noticed how dry everything is, no windstorms or slashing rain, how cool is that.  But you're right, it's way too much Club Med.  I get the feeling that production got its collective ass royally chewed after last season when all the players had to be evacuated because the storm was so bad.  This set-up -- food/water plentiful, perfect beach sites, other non-Survivor luxuries -- was production's way to make up for their mistake and they then radically overcompensated.  

• Love 1
On 3/23/2017 at 2:41 PM, GaT said:

I was caught completely off guard by the votes for Sierra & Malcolm. When Tai gave the HII to Sierra, I thought he lost his mind & should have given it to Brad. Then when Jeff was reading the votes & nothing came up for Sandra, I was surprised again, why didn't they vote Sandra off? She's more dangerous than Malcolm was.

Just a little thing I noticed, how does Sierra's manicure still look so good?

I noticed that too! If they are acrylics they should be looking like they need a refil by now and even if it is just polish it should have grown out a bit.

Debbie looks totally crazy next week - has she always been like that? or done that before?

7 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Almost as annoying as me losing my eye-candy for the rest of the season is that his fellow players are not literate enough to spell his damn name correctly. "Malcom"? "Malcomb"? Oy vey.

ETA: Oh and Sandra. Your attitude will make it so much more satisfying when you get voted off (because she has to soon, right? Get her off!) Eek! 

Did anybody spell his name correctly?  I saw so many "Malcoms", that I started to wonder if I was wrong for thinking there was a 2nd "l" in his name.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I always assumed they are supposed to stay in their seats, too. Does anyone recall an instance where people got out of their seats at TC and started openly whispering with someone who wasn't seated beside them?

I don't remember the getting out of seats ever happening.  I wonder if this cast figured that since they are returning players, they can push the envelope with Probst.  I remember being scandalized last season when Probst said "it's time to vote" and everyone kept whispering to each other...the Survivor equivalent of the teacher telling everyone to shush at exam time, while the naughty kids keep talking.  I kept waiting for Probst to blow a gasket, but he just sat there and smiled.  I guess Jeffy isn't as tough as I thought, LOL.

14 hours ago, LanceM said:

Sarcasm?  Is she really a fan favorite?  Because I can name about 25 other female Survivor players I'd rather see in her place.  I'm still trying to figure out how she's a "Game Changer" at all, unless this refers to her eyebrows.

12 hours ago, princelina said:

+++++100000000.  Cast a group of fans.  No returning players, no one who was medically evacuated, no Hantzes, no idols, Redemption, Exile, etc.  Probst stands there, smug dimples and all, and tells them that he hopes they've been watching the show since Season One, because that's how they will be playing.  Plus I want to see Probst skydive, rappel from a jagged cliff, and swim with sharks to deliver the urn to the Live Vote.  He's gotten too soft.

1 hour ago, Kelda Feegle said:

Debbie looks totally crazy next week - has she always been like that? or done that before?

I think she's been walking a fine line of crazy, and now we get to see it in action.  Some of her past season's TH's seemed dangerously close to the crazy line as well.  Should be fun!!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

I think the twists on this season - switching from two tribes to three and the two-tribe jury - are the producers trying to mess up any pre-game alliances with these returning players. I remember similar messing around on Second Chances.  One thing, the tribal whispering walkabout would not be allowed if there was a jury. We were only able to hear the whispers because players are miked and probably there was crew holding those big fuzzy microphones (booms?). I doubt Jeff could really hear anything being said and a jury certainly wouldn't have been able to hear any of it. And I think one of the Survivor's longstanding rules is that the jury has to hear everything being said a tribal council.

I need to rewatch the episode because now I have to check out those bones. I hope it was just a large chicken!

• Love 1

So sick of Sandra. Was on the edge of my seat hoping it would be her. Ever since she had blood lust for the goats I can't stand the sight of her, never mind her arrogance. She hasn't missed a meal in awhile quite obviously, so not sure why she wanted to eat a mommy goat or baby goat for that matter when they had rice eggs and  chickens. 

I am afraid JT will be the target next and Sandra just keeps getting a pass. Ugh! 

Also, excited to see Seirra soon sproutvthose blonde hairs thru her badly done tattooed eyebrows. Things that make you go hmmmmm! 

Ozzy for the win! (Doubt it, but he so deserves it) 

• Love 2

I don't understand why Sandra's tribe thought JT was every on their side and would go and blab everything to his old tribemates.  I mean really.  JT knew his was the first vote out, why wouldn't he work against them?

Why did they stick with the Sierra vote instead of going for Brad, whom Hali was clearly on board with doing.  They didn't need JT, just rope in Hali and you win.  

Course it was funny/sad to see JT's maneuverings backfire to take out the one guy he liked.  That'll show him to run at the mouth.  Seriously, he would never have won his season but for Fishbach doing the thinking for him.  

And yeah, a bit of shenanigans that Tai just happened to find an idol, since the last idol was a challenge idol.  I guess production is changing the clues all the time, but definitely seemed manipulated.  And of course Tai would find it because he's the most able to be manipulated by others.

I felt for Troyzan on that coffee challenge, its hard to match skill with a quarterback.  I didn't like a challenge that only called for two people, which you knew would end up being guys.  I bet Peachy was in alpha male heaven.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

Why did they stick with the Sierra vote instead of going for Brad, whom Hali was clearly on board with doing.  They didn't need JT, just rope in Hali and you win.  

They didn't want Hali to have to vote with them as that would have completely exposed her to her tribe and she would have been (even more of) a dead woman walking.

I think with the circumstances they were working with they pretty much had to just go with Sierra. They maybe should've predicted JT would spill the beans, but there was really no way to combat it anyway because of the HII. And there was nothing else they could've really planned to do to combat a HII because there weren't enough votes to split.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They didn't want Hali to have to vote with them as that would have completely exposed her to her tribe and she would have been (even more of) a dead woman walking.

But just like in their minds JT was the first vote out, because he wasn't with them originally, so they should realize that Hali was likely their very next vote (since they already voted out Caleb).

I don't disagree, but I understand their thought process. I think what they did was the right move with the info they had pre-TC. Even with everything that happened at TC, I think they pretty much had to stick with their plan. They didn't know JT spilled the beans or that NuMana had an idol. I guess maybe when JT was telling them to switch the vote they should've taken it more seriously, but I don't really blame them for just thinking JT was panicking and not realizing that it was because he fucked up the plan. If JT really wanted them to switch the vote he should've just came clean. It would've been bad for him, but probably not as bad as it is now.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Sarcasm?  Is she really a fan favorite?  Because I can name about 25 other female Survivor players I'd rather see in her place.  I'm still trying to figure out how she's a "Game Changer" at all, unless this refers to her eyebrows.

All sarcasm. I think it was LanceM who said Sierra was introduced in the Price is Right Survivor Edition as "Fan Favorite Sierra Dawn Thomas". So FFSDT. And fans have just been running away with it, giggles, cackles and all.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, wings707 said:

In a nut shell, she is not a threat, plenty of time to get her later, thus the feeding frenzy to choose someone else.

Which is exactly how people like Sandra make it to the end. 

• Love 7

Or maybe Sandra makes it to the end similar to how Russell did both times. Everyone HATED Russell because he was an awful, arrogant troll and knew they would beat him in the end. But that didn't fit the producers story of him being awesome and amazing for finding the HII without any clues. So they didn't include any of the interviews with people saying they would drag him to the final tribal knowing they would win with ease.

I know they toss Sandra's name around but she had not received any votes yet. Maybe everyone is taking her to the end because everyone else agreed (ahead of the game since most know each other in real life) there is no way they would vote for her to win a third time. It could be a freebie at the end with the final three, knowing she won't get any votes. Or final two. Pleeeeease be a final two. 

I must be the only one on the planet who dislikes Malcolm. He's a solid player but I find him smug and something of a closet misogynist. His Kelley Wentworth hate is well known. 

I think his departure likely saves us back to back seasons of alpha males dominating the final six.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, UGAmp said:

Or maybe Sandra makes it to the end similar to how Russell did both times. Everyone HATED Russell because he was an awful, arrogant troll and knew they would beat him in the end. But that didn't fit the producers story of him being awesome and amazing for finding the HII without any clues. So they didn't include any of the interviews with people saying they would drag him to the final tribal knowing they would win with ease.

I know they toss Sandra's name around but she had not received any votes yet. Maybe everyone is taking her to the end because everyone else agreed (ahead of the game since most know each other in real life) there is no way they would vote for her to win a third time. It could be a freebie at the end with the final three, knowing she won't get any votes. Or final two. Pleeeeease be a final two. 

Hey, she'll take the 100k, as she told Russell.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Which is exactly how people like Sandra make it to the end. 

I agree that is exactly how she won twice coupled with her voting however anyone wanted.  Anyone but me.  BUT they all know that and there is time to get her out.  I am not saying I agree with this logic, I was answering a question, posed by a poster, as to why they didn't vote her out.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

My theory is that they were thinking Sandra before Tai found the idol.  They were 5 to 6 and their only hope was JT joining them for that.  But once they knew they had the means to completely foil the other team without relying on JT, they decided to go for the threat who had the most potential to keep Sandra's team from going to TC in the future.  Just my opinion since there was no conversation about it that I recall.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Misty79 said:

I must be the only one on the planet who dislikes Malcolm. He's a solid player but I find him smug and something of a closet misogynist. His Kelley Wentworth hate is well known. 

I think his departure likely saves us back to back seasons of alpha males dominating the final six.

I don't know enough about him to hate him, but I have zero positive feelings towards him; I am indifferent towards him. He is a bland dude who is, perhaps, generically attractive. Nothing that gets me terribly excited. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Well known where and from what?  

RHAP. I recall a recap he did with Rob a while back where he was scathing about her game. I think he's not a fan of strong female alliances for some reason. I never had much of an opinion either way about him until I listened to that particular podcast, he came across as very chauvenistic and arrogant, which surprised me. 

Also via RHAP (in some of the build up material) it was mentioned that Malcolm was likely to target Ciera early on due to her association with Kelley. And he did, as it turned out.

I'm just glad we didn't end up with a dull JT/Malcolm bromance to the end, Fishbach style. I 100% get that there are many who would love that, but it's not my cup of tea. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Misty79 said:

Adam, David and Hannah are considered alpha males?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Adam, David and Hannah are considered alpha males?

In a millennial sense, I think you can argue it. 5 of the last 6 were male (6 of the last 8 even) including traditional alphas like Ken and Jay. Hannah was a total non entity. 

Whatever, it was a sausage fest. Which a lot of people like, just not me. I'm certainly not keen on it twice in a row. No Malcolm/JT alliance increases the chance of a diverse final group IMO.

• Love 4

I have watched the tribal 3 times now and am still confused - At one point, JT's tribe is in a huddle, Brad's name came up, and JT says, "I told Brad it wouldn't be him."  Even though it was true, it seems a dumb thing to tell your tribe, especially when they think you are the least likely to be loyal. Why confirm their suspicions that you are a snitch or a double agent? Adn, even more confusing, shy did they go along with it - "Oh, okay, you told him it wouldn't be him, so now we can't vote for him."???

Maybe it was part of JT trying to let his tribe know that they needed to switch from Sierra - perhaps he was saying "They are going to vote for Sierra, because I told Brad it wasn't him."

On 3/23/2017 at 11:58 AM, Giesela said:

The last few seasons in every TC that they can manage it they split the vote JUST IN CASE someone has an idol.  I think it was weird that they (Sandra) didn't want to consider an idol.  Varner seemed concerned and so did Michaela.  I wonder if it was because of the new rules  Maybe they were unsure how to flush an idol with the new rules and a merged TC so they just said ...we will hope there isn't an idol, which isn't great game play

If they split then it become 3 for Sierra, 3 for Brad, 5 for Malcolm.  You only split votes if you know that half of your alliance is more than all of your non-alliance.  

• Love 8