Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E04: The Tables Have Turned

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Malcolm isn't the only one cussing.  Dumbest twist since the outcast tribe.  And this show has had some pretty stupid twists.  Sierra stays to follow Brad and company and do nothing, but Malcolm goes.  On the plus side, the only thing I liked about it was Jeff waited until after they picked who they wanted to sit out to tell them about the one tribe winning immunity.  That's how you throw a twist I wonder if TPTB thought it would benefit a power player like Malcolm and get rid of a nobody.  I wish I could see the wheels turn in Probst's head sometimes.  Not just for the vote offs in a twist like this, but moments like the RC as well.  I thought he was going to pull out the pom poms and start a cheer during the RC, all for his man crush Brad.  It's like he forgot anyone else was competing at that point.  The look on his face and excitement in his voice "Mana won thanks to Culpepper" was like idol worship.  Also how did Culpepper not have a loud enough voice for his tribe to hear him?  And I don't drink coffee, so big whoop on the reward.  I'd take the cookies, though.  

So one vote and Brad is calling the shots?  I mean, I can believe it with that tribe, but I hope this isn't the start of him puffing his chest out and playing king of the mountain.  However, I can believe Caleb that he's looking to get the other alphas out and wanting to keep weaker players around.  

I still hate Debbie.  Especially since she acts like she's running the show, but is really just another puppet.  I don't think she cares, though.  Or doesn't know.  She's more about camera time.  If she made it to the end, I wonder if she'd understand why everyone says she rode someone's coattails and none of the moves she takes credit for were her won.

This show is too much.  I guess I'm over the go directly to challenges, strategizing, directly to TC.  Maybe throw an idol find in there, and the aftermath of the previous vote if it was exciting enough.  Biggest disappointment was not enough of Malcolm this episode (or season) considering he was the boot.  That and Malcolm losing.

Tai's an absolute idiot for giving his idol up.  I think he's the biggest waste of space to be brought back.  

Sierra is a strong player?  Really?  I've never seen it.  She even said in an extra video she was the strongest female there, but I'm not getting that.  Is the real reason she didn't get airtime during WA is because her tribe barely lost pre-merge, then she was in a majority alliance the rest of the time?  She sure is getting a lot of airtime.

• Love 16

I kept hoping that Sandra would be the target...not Malcolm. And now Michaela and Sandra have the knives out for JT. And JT...what was he thinking?

But it was fun to watch that Tribal Council..as the energy and paranoia kept shifting. But why does Sandra keep getting a pass?

• Love 14

That TC was crazy! I didn't like that they all got to talk amongst themselves for so long before the vote though. It seemed like Jeff had lost control over the TC.  

I wish Sandra had been voted off. Her ego is out of control. I was waiting for Malcolm to 'cuss all the way out of TC' for getting voted off, he didn't. I was disappointed because I thought that would have been great.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 8

"A deer in the headlights"  Waiting for the eyebrows to sprout.

Pandemonium at TC.  

"I  will soil myself"  Me too.

Tai idol boots Malcolm thanks to a rat (f) by JT  Both move into the top ten survivor players I hate the most.

Brad (spit) is voting off all his meat shields.  He won't last.

The Queen survives.  

• Love 12

Coffee is for closers…wow.  I did not think I would ever see a Mamet reference on Survivor.  Just goes to show that you never know what might come up.

That tribal council was the craziest I think I've ever seen...man, it was fun!

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It seemed obvious they were going to play the idol for Sierra.  Why they didn't vote for Culpepper is beyond me.

The other option would have been to vote for JT when he started  talking to Culpeper.  

This I don't get.  I would consider Brad to be the biggest threat out there.  Why the hell would they not vote for him?

• Love 11

What the **** was that?!?!

I can't even.  I am going to need one of you wonderful Survivor geeks to write a brief dissertation on what the hell I just watched.

I'm not following on why Eyebrows was the target?  Is she really that much of a threat?

I love this show so much.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, LanceM said:

If they listed to Hali, Brad would have been gone.  I am still chuckling at her "I didn't consent" line.

I didn't understand what Hali meant by saying that. Didn't consent to vote first? 

I'm not following on why Eyebrows was the target?  Is she really that much of a threat?

Wasn't that Sandra's call?  I think she got her way on that. As much as I love her, it was the wrong decision.  

• Love 8

I have to give Survivor credit for an insane episode. Two tribes, one boot? It's amazing that's never been done before. And everybody went into study groups during TC, which was awesome. The whispering wasn't enough, so we got open talk and Probst unable to move because of his drama boner.

Malcolm going out? Makes sense. I figure we have 2-3 episodes before the merge, so why not kneecap another tribe? I was totally expecting Sandra, since I find her awesome. Nice move from the minority tribe to give the right person the idol. Also, I'm thinking clues and idols are replaced during challenges. Shouldn't Tai have gotten a clue about the idol being hidden in the challenge they just played?

Damn, Varner is rocking the Richard Hatch diet. I hope he's around to burn the weight off. Otherwise, he'll look like a schmuck.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, LanceM said:

If they listed to Hali, Brad would have been gone.  I am still chuckling at her "I didn't consent" line.

She was all kind of awesome tonight.  Also she's smart not to trust her current tribe.  

• Love 23
Just now, Straycat80 said:

I didn't understand what Hali meant by saying that. Didn't consent to vote first? 

I think she wanted to talk about the vote more that is why she looked at Sandra and then Sandra said "we are good". Which of course they weren't.

• Love 10

Well, I said it episode one and I'll say it again.... Sandra will win again. Dumb dumbos.

I hate Sandra, JT, Culpepper and Sierra. Hate 'em!!!!

Not happy that stupid Jeffo allowed them all to converse with each other, standing huddled and whispering. That should not be allowed at TC. They should only be allowed to speak like witnesses at a trial where Jeff is the one asking questions.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Well, I said it episode one and I'll say it again.... Sandra will win again. Dumb dumbos.

Not happy that stupid Jeffo allowed them all to converse with each other, standing huddled and whispering. That should not be allowed at TC. They should only be allowed to speak like witnesses at a trial where Jeff is the one asking questions.

But it's such dramatic, exciting, epic TV!  But I agree.  It almost seemed scripted.  Leave it to a bunch of returning players to know how to work it.

• Love 2

Not to toot my own horn but...TOOT TOOT!

Ozzy may be one of my first loves, but, and I know he will be devastated by this, he's been overtaken by Malcolm.  Sorry Oz.

Man bun > man braids.

That idol play is such bullshit.  Either have them at challenges OR at camp.  It's awfully convenient that someone needs an idol and then suddenly there it is.

Culpepper, you suck.  Just in general.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Tai's an absolute idiot for giving his idol up.  I think he's the biggest waste of space to be brought back.  

This times 1000.  I predict he will be a F3 goat.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Lamima said:

It made good tv, that is why they allowed it. Good tv always comes first.

• Love 10

My head is still spinning!  Jeff was loving that TC!!! 

It would have been so funny if it was JT instead of Malcom on the losing end with all those votes.  

My impression of Hali has gone up

My impression of Tai has gone down

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

That felt like a random, arbitrary result.  I hate shit like that where it feels like the players don't have much control over the situation.  And that idol is awful, saving a boring useless asshole (that kiss off made me actively loathe Sierra) for a fun entertaining person.  Malcolm should be salty as all hell.

Agreed,  I was thinking the same thing.  didn't note who did Hali vote for?  For a minute I thought she was going to force rocks, that would have been better!  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

My head is still spinning!  Jeff was loving that TC!!! 

It would have been so funny if it was JT instead of Malcom on the losing end with all those votes.  

My impression of Hali has gone up

My impression of Tai has gone down

Between the TC and the Brad worship during the RC, I didn't think Probst could take much more.  

That idol play is such bullshit.  Either have them at challenges OR at camp.  It's awfully convenient that someone needs an idol and then suddenly there it is.

Agreed.  Idols are really ruining this show and taking any sort of game play out of it.  And it does seem convenient anymore that those who need it most suddenly find it.  I'm waiting for the day where there's a convenient super idol out there for a producer's pet that can be used again and again and again until the final 3-and hey, they make it and win!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Well that is of until of course J.T. the dumbass decided to tell  Brad they were voting for Sierra. And I think that's why they're all pissed and think he set them up at the tribal council. Because if that is how it went down, it really does seem like he knew exactly what he was doing. While instead I think he may just be the dumbest Survivor winner ever - yes even more so than Fabio.

Aha--I had forgotten he'd done that!  I couldn't figure out why they thought J.T. set them up at the end of the episode, but I forgot about that bit.  That TC was so nuts I couldn't keep up!!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Aha--I had forgotten he'd done that!  I couldn't figure out why they thought J.T. set them up at the end of the episode, but I forgot about that bit.  That TC was so nuts I couldn't keep up!!

Yeah he started all the talk when he just got up, walked to Brad and told him they were voting out Sierra. At that point, Hali said, "fuck it" and walked over to Sandra and told her to vote for Brad and then complete mayhem just ensued. 

• Love 12

I swear I wanted to smack him for his way too cute "I have never seen anything like this!" like he couldn't believe it all the while smiling just like the Cheshire Cat.  He got exactly what he wanted. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 9

I interpreted it not that JT told Brad what was going on, but that Brad outsmarted Sandra.

That was great.  I loved it.  It was like a double double cross.  Would have been just sooooooo much better if Sandra left.

I love Ozzy and Tai so much.  Hali is one of the weirdest-looking people I've ever seen.  Not in a bad way, just extremely weird.  Her face contains like 20 expressions at once.  I have no idea what Hali was doing or thinking or what her strategy was and it's really hard to care because I have no idea where people's allegiances are from Day 1.  They spent only 3 days with their original tribe?  Is that what happened?

Debbie and Ozzy's dental ad grins at the end were so funny. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

My son said he thought JT told his tribe they should vote for Brad because he told Brad they were voting for Sierra. Did anyone hear this?  I was too confused to remember who said what to whom.

• Love 2

So did JT think they were going to go for Sandra?  Is that why he told them  about Sierra?  He seemed certain that Culpepper would go for Sandra.  That was crazy. Fun to watch, but impossible to keep up.  I thought that one tribe would vote for Culpepper and the other for Sandra.  So shows what I know.  lol 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I think she meant she didn't consent to ending the discussion at that point and going to the vote.  I believe Jeff asked if they were all ready to vote.  Hali wanted the TC to continue.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
typo
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I swear I wanted to smack him for his way too cute "I have never seen anything like this!" like he couldn't believe it all the while smiling the Cheshire Cat.  He got exactly what he wanted. 

Yeah and I am so bitter cause Malcolm was my boy. Grrrr.

And my opinion of Hali went up too... simply because she's on the outs with Culfucker, who I detest. Now rooting for her and Ozzy and always love Aubrey but she voted for my Malcolm so...

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Same here! I need to re-watch that whole segment. I'm still confused about how they ended up voting for Malcolm. I'm sad about losing my eye candy but Sandra lives another day! Yay!

• Love 6