Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

(edited)

That's pretty impressive.  I can't imagine why she left UNC.....lol.  But, I'm a Carolina girl. 

In light of her status, why do you think that Sonja has cast doubt on her ability to pay her bills or even pay rent?  Has the money dried up or something? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

In light of her status, why do you think that Sonja has cast doubt on her ability to pay her bills or even pay rent?  Has the money dried up or something? 

I don't believe the money is gone -- I think Sonja just really enjoys calling Tinsley a whore.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
On 5/27/2018 at 2:37 AM, film noire said:

LOL

Go here, and jump right to 4:25 until 5:20.   

And wherever you live, I will hear you screaming curses at Jules (I know it's ten years ago, but it's never too late for torches and villagers!) 

I didn't make it to 5:20.  Did you hear me screaming from Santa Barbara?  Cause I am loud!  The fact no one has beaten the shit out of her is beyond me.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That's pretty impressive.  I can't imagine why she left UNC.....lol.  But, I'm a Carolina girl. 

Tinsley transferred to Columbia in order to be closer to Topper, who was a student at NYU. They actually originally married at 18 the summer after she graduated from high school (they were subsequently compelled to annul that marriage by his parents, iirc). She was academically a year ahead of him; once it was clear he was going to attend college in New York, she followed. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Tinsley transferred to Columbia in order to be closer to Topper, who was a student at NYU. They actually originally married at 18 the summer after she graduated from high school (they were subsequently compelled to annul that marriage by his parents, iirc). She was academically a year ahead of him; once it was clear he was going to attend college in New York, she followed. 

So,... she has always had stalker tendencies?

• Love 2
On 6/5/2018 at 7:19 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have a friend who is a trust fund child, now middle aged.  She has always had a great work ethic.  Worked, even though she didn't need to.  Always stayed busy and worked on a professional career, even while raising a child as a single mom.  I always admired my friend for being that way.  She always has had a very nice home, but, drives quality, though, not showy cars.  I think her parents did a great job in instilling good values in her. 

Did Tinsley attend college? 

Tinsley grduated from Columbia-Ivy League.

• Love 2
On 6/5/2018 at 2:33 PM, Natalie68 said:

I didn't make it to 5:20.  Did you hear me screaming from Santa Barbara?  Cause I am loud!  The fact no one has beaten the shit out of her is beyond me.

Why, yes, I did!  Did you hear me dropping the Samantha Bee bomb (several times) from San Diego County?  ;-)

• Love 3
On 6/8/2018 at 9:35 AM, walnutqueen said:

Why, yes, I did!  Did you hear me dropping the Samantha Bee bomb (several times) from San Diego County?  ;-)

So THAT is where it came from!  You have quite the voice Walnutqueen!

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I LOVE those characteristics!  I am trying to clean up my language but it is really fucking difficult!

Why bother?  If there are no tender childrens' ears to hear, let us take leave of this mortal coil, cussing up a fucking shitstorm!

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Why bother?  If there are no tender childrens' ears to hear, let us take leave of this mortal coil, cussing up a fucking shitstorm!

I like your style!  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I hate to snark on anyone’s happiness (who am I kidding? It’s my hobby!) but that is just a bad picture in general. Maybe it was a prettier wedding in person.

In other news, we now have photographic evidence that Tinsley has a type.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I hate to snark on anyone’s happiness (who am I kidding? It’s my hobby!) but that is just a bad picture in general. Maybe it was a prettier wedding in person.

In other news, we now have photographic evidence that Tinsley has a type.

Hey, who swiped the photo of my great, great aunt Alice and photoshopped her into Topper's wedding photo????

• Love 7

So... Topper went from a Tinsley to a Tabitha... he's got type... And I agree with others who have pointed out Scott bares a resemblance to Topper - so Tins has a type too - too bad Scott's name doesn't start with a "T" tho... LOL

• Love 1

Megan Markel's dress = good.  Tabitha's dress = vomit inducing.

I got married 35 years ago and I kept my wedding dress for a long time.  At some point I realized I would absolutely not allow my daughter to wear it so I threw it away.    I also don't quite understand the unicorn look.  Why?

• Love 2
On 6/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, Atlanta said:

The dress is bad in color too

Looks like something Nelly Olson (Little House on the Praire) would've gotten married in. 

Tabitha and Topper Moritmer sounds like WASP heaven (or hell). 

Why am I now just realizing that is Topper in the photo? I thought that was someone who walked her down the aisle. I expected him to look so different. I was picturing someone very patrician looking.  

Wondering now if Topper having a kid and getting married is making Tins chase Scott so hard. 

• Love 5

After viewing her choice for a wedding gown, I was curious about Tabitha Simmons' designs.  Here is a collection of her footwear (apparently all she does?) available from Bergdorf Goodman.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I don't see anything particularly noteworthy or even original, save maybe those odd bootie things, which look like they are from a similar era as her wedding dress.

Tabitha-Simmons

• Love 3

They are better than Sonja’s. I realize that’s not saying anything. 

Tinsley is ridiculous but I can’t help it, I like here and has a lightness that I think all of these franchises need. 

• Love 6
Just now, biakbiak said:

They are better than Sonja’s. I realize that’s not saying anything. 

Tinsley is ridiculous but I can’t help it, I like here and has a lightness that I think all of these franchises need. 

Yeah, that's a low bar.  They might be a skosh more original...

I like Tinsley also, I really do, but that scene gives over-the-top a new lease on life.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

All I see is one of the 1800s lady serial killer reenactment actresses on Deadly Women.

or her ghost on an episode of Ghost Hunters.  She's known to frighten visitors walking through the gardens. They claim she appears to raise her arm from behind her back to reveal the bloody hatchet that she waves about in a threatening manner. Guests remember very little after that.

• Love 9

Omg, Tabitha's Beau colorblind shoe on page 2, smh. Wow. Ha, auto correct made color block into color blind above --I'm leaving it as it's hilarious and so on point!

(edited)
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

She's known to frighten visitors walking through the gardens. 

....a ghost in the garden?  That's all I need to hear to totally stay at that hotel, lady.

If we could also locate the hotel in the Borchst Belt, with Luann having a cabaret act based on unsolved Tinsel Town murders ("Give Hearst an Ince, and he'll take a mile!") and all of us dressed up in high Hollywood glam?  I would never leave. 

(Tins can go as Mary Minter Miles -- the woman suspected of killing director Desmond Taylor -- she had almost as many curls as Tinsley!)

mary minter.jpg

They claim she appears to raise her arm from behind her back to reveal the bloody hatchet that she waves about in a threatening manner. Guests remember very little after that.

Sounds like a "Ghost Adventures" job for Zak (aka "Douche") Bagans ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, film noire said:

....a ghost in the garden?  That's all I need to hear to totally stay at that hotel, lady.

If we could also locate the hotel in the Borchst Belt, with Luann having a cabaret act based on unsolved Tinsel Town murders ("Give Hearst an Ince, and he'll take a mile!") and all of us dressed up in high Hollywood glam?  I would never leave. 

(Tins can go as Mary Minter Miles -- the woman suspected of killing director Desmond Taylor -- she had almost as many curls as Tinsley!)

Sounds like a "Ghost Adventures" job for Zak (aka "Douche") Bagans, Sweetie:

You read my mind! That was the guy I had in mind!  I can never remember his name or which show he's on. I call him bad comb-forward dude.  He cracks me up!

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 3
(edited)

What the fuck is wrong with Tinsley? She behaves like a 12 year old girl, like she's been emotionally stunted. And that whimpering she did when her boyfriend showed up at her door...and the same fucking whimpering when she saw her frozen eggs? What.The.Fuck. I mean, can you even imagine the sounds she makes during sex?!? I cannot fathom how that seemingly normal dude can stand her whimpering bullshit. Girl ain't right...and neither is her mother.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4