Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

Just now, KungFuBunny said:

PS the dress retails for $4995

Do you think Tinsley bought it, borrowed it, had Scott buy it?

Mommy.

31 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't understand why she added a train.    Is she going to have someone behind her carrying it? 

Am I the only one who thinks those models look like crap?

Nope. They look tapped out.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, bagger said:

HaTe it. Looks like a fairy costume

Andy said she looked like a princess.  I'm sure there's no compliment she would've liked better than that!

• Love 4

Captions says:

bravotv: Winning the World Cup of Brunch in Paris. ?? Catch up on #RHONY now On Demand. ?: @TinsleyMortimer

36877382_2216862041661393_56837155678154

One of the comments to the picture:

mcmullankylie: Except @tinsleymortimer isn’t “winning” - she’s with a man child who loves hookers & drugs and uses her and her RHONY co-stars in ads to prop up his failing business.

Oh My!

tenor.gif?itemid=9971411

• Love 5

@film noire

Unfortunately I don't think that Tinsley will follow Carole out the door. I agree with you that if she stays, next season will not be kind to her. I have a suspicion that things will not go well with her on again/off again boyfriend. He's in Chicago, he sees other women, her mother is even scaring him off. 

She wants something to happen with her little baby eggs. Scott doesn't seem like he's ready for love and marriage and the baby carriage. He is getting his Coupon Cabin exposure, he's no better than Adam the operator, popping in and out just to keep himself in the picture. 

Tinsley had somewhat of a friendship with Carole, whatever that was. Luann will not be her friend since they appear to hate each other, Sonja and Tinsley just used each other for a 10 second story line this year. Bethenny barely glanced in her general direction until the reunion. 

Tinsley seems to be impressionable which IMO makes her vulnerable to do some very silly things to become relevant to the show. That worries me. I also think that Scott will be taking advantage of her for screen time and that this will hurt her. 

I think that the only way for her to come out fairly okay next season is if they bring in a younger friend for her to enjoy spending some good times with.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I think that the only way for her to come out fairly okay next season is if they bring in a younger friend for her to enjoy spending some good times with.

That would be a big help (and they need something because -- as you listed --  she's got everything going against her).  

I like the lightness Tins brings, and seeing that damaged would be awful. It's like this franchise -- which used to be fun and smart and a bit wink-wink to the audience as to any pretentiousness and conflict (as well as emotionally gritty at times) has become a cult that turns every cast member into the worst version of themselves. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13

Leslie Grossman's character in the new season of AHS is inspired by Tinsley:

https://www.tvguide.com/news/american-horror-story-apocalypse-leslie-grossman-coco/

"I know you're a big Real Housewives fan. Did you take any inspiration from any Housewives in crafting this entitled rich female character? 
Grossman: Well you're good because I absolutely did. I have to say, I did think a lot about [Real Housewives of New York star] Tinsley [Mortimer] when I was doing this character. I don't see Tinsley as ruthless as Coco is, but just the sort of adult woman who still lives like kind of a little kid. I want to just preface it by saying I love Tinsley, I think she's adorable, but I did have her in the back of my mind when playing Coco".

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

https://www.tvguide.com/news/american-horror-story-apocalypse-leslie-grossman-coco/

"I know you're a big Real Housewives fan. Did you take any inspiration from any Housewives in crafting this entitled rich female character? 
Grossman: Well you're good because I absolutely did. I have to say, I did think a lot about [Real Housewives of New York star] Tinsley [Mortimer] when I was doing this character. I don't see Tinsley as ruthless as Coco is, but just the sort of adult woman who still lives like kind of a little kid. I want to just preface it by saying I love Tinsley, I think she's adorable, but I did have her in the back of my mind when playing Coco".

oh LG is just so cool & funny!  I love when they have her on the Bitch Sesh podcast!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

I gotta say .... I like Tinsely.  I like her now.  She's still a little wide-eyed about the show and how to best to behave and interact with the others.  I hope she doesn't make me dislike her at some point.

I like her for the show so far too - but she's going to have to "bring" it in the new season or she might not make it to season 12.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I like her for the show so far too - but she's going to have to "bring" it in the new season or she might not make it to season 12.

And by bring it, not make the most interesting thing you do be collapsing on the floor because your millionaire on again off again boyfriend bought a plane ticket to visit you. That was pathetic.

Other than that I like her.

• Love 9

I don't really dislike Tinsley but I can't honestly say that I like her either.   Right now I can't think of anything I like about her but I can think of a few things I dislike.

I dislike that she defended Dorinda after her drunken spectacle with LuAnn in Colombia

I dislike her need to use a Glam Squad 

I dislike when she sounds all "needy for a man" 

And I dislike when she acts like an air head (which is often) 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
On 9/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

And by bring it, not make the most interesting thing you do be collapsing on the floor because your millionaire on again off again boyfriend bought a plane ticket to visit you. That was pathetic.

Other than that I like her.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:58 PM, AnnA said:

I don't really dislike Tinsley but I can't honestly say that I like her either.   Right now I can't think of anything I like about her but I can think of a few things I dislike.

I dislike that she defended Dorinda after her drunken spectacle with LuAnn in Colombia

I dislike her need to use a Glam Squad 

I dislike when she sounds all "needy for a man" 

And I dislike when she acts like an air head (which is often) 

Tinsley's desire for a husband doesn't bother me.  It's what she wants and she's being honest about it.  

I think that's one thing I kind of like about her ... she is who she is, for better or worse.  Same with glamming it up and liking the bling.  

And, as a Columbia grad, she's no dummy.  I don't think she's ditzy.  I just think she's not a shark by nature nor is she walking around with hidden agendas.   She is who she is and seems like she can be taken at face-value.  That's rare in general but especially so in the RH universe.   

In contrast, all the others seem very calculating and put on shows for social standing purposes and the camera.  I'm sure Tinsley does some of that but it's like second-nature for the others. 

Tinsley may seem simple, but just because she's not a player (at least to the degree the others are) doesn't mean she's not smart.  They are two different things.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 18
17 hours ago, Jextella said:

Tinsley's desire for a husband doesn't bother me.  It's what she wants and she's being honest about it.  

I think that's one thing I kind of like about her ... she is who she is, for better or worse.  Same with glamming it up and liking the bling.  

And, as an NYU grad, she's no dummy.  I don't think she's ditzy.  I just think she's not a shark by nature nor is she walking around with hidden agendas.  She is what she is - and seems like she can be taken at face-value.  That's rare in general but especially so in the RH universe. 

In contrast, all the others are putting on a show for social standing purposes and the camera.  I'm sure Tinsley does some of this but it's like second-nature for the others.

She has every right to act the way she does.   However, in doing so she should not be surprised or object to being called out for it.    If she doesn't want to be called ditzy, she shouldn't act like one.   You're right.  She is what she is but I don't have to like it.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

https://people.com/tv/sonja-morgan-passes-out-on-pool-table-while-partying-rhony-cast/

In the photo of Tinsley, it's clear from her facial expression that she is not amused. Her hand is saying "get that damn Iphone camera the f^*& away from me". No wonder she disappeared from the rest of the video. She was probably mortified. Apparently Barbara was there as well. She doesn't appear in the videos. 

Not everyone was in agreement that "it needed to happen". Maybe Bethenny should just learn to speak for herself.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Not everyone was in agreement that "it needed to happen". Maybe Bethenny should just learn to speak for herself.

And maybe anyone that asked not to be on insta wasn’t on insta?  They were filming Bravo so that hey can’t say no to but they can say no to Bethenny. And I’m guessing she did say no at some point. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And maybe anyone that asked not to be on insta wasn’t on insta?  They were filming Bravo so that hey can’t say no to but they can say no to Bethenny. And I’m guessing she did say no at some point. 

If I’ve said it once I have said it a million times. Bethenny cannot win for losing. They’re in someone’s private home having a silly old drunken time, where they aren’t hurting anyone or ruining anyone else’s good time in some public venue and that’s a “bad look.” She takes a picture of some pantless dude and makes the same corny joke 200 times and that’s a “travesty” and “disrespectful.” Maybe the dude shouldn’t be cooking pantless!!!! How unheigenic! 

I’m not a fan of a drunk fest myself but if they’re all just having a good time and staying put? Who cares then? Geez at least she’s not verbally assaulting someone. 

• Love 7
On 9/19/2018 at 10:29 PM, Happy Camper said:

Okay, I have never watched AHS, but I watched it to see LG. Now I am hooked on this show, but in my opinion, Coco has not a lot in common with Tinsley. It’s a very fun character, but I have not observed a lot of gratuitous b- - - -iness from Tinsley. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Okay, I have never watched AHS, but I watched it to see LG. Now I am hooked on this show, but in my opinion, Coco has not a lot in common with Tinsley. It’s a very fun character, but I have not observed a lot of gratuitous b- - - -iness from Tinsley. 

You need to go back and watch former seasons. The first was amazing and just got better and better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

You need to go back and watch former seasons. The first was amazing and just got better and better.

Thank you! I can’t believe I haven’t been watching from day one. I think the ads made me think it’d be too scary.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2019 at 11:19 AM, LilaFowler said:

Answering my own (old) question: looks like they've split. Hopefully it's for good this time, as he has wasted enough of her time.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhonys-tinsley-mortimer-scott-kluth-split/

I would suggest that, had they not already broken up, the awful three-some of Tinsley, Dale and Sonia discussing the relationship would have been an absolute end to it.  I mentioned this before, but before Tinsley showed up on RHONYC, she and her mother were on Dr. Phil.  Dale will go to any lengths to make Tinsley's life hell for as long as she's single.  It's a real shame how Dale tears Tinsley down, then as now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 9/24/2018 at 8:22 AM, KungFuBunny said:

OMG hilarious!

Her face is not at all attractive, IMO.   That nose is so carved up and those scary botox eyebrows.  I don't know how she was ever considered an "It" girl.

• Love 3
On 3/30/2019 at 8:51 PM, LilaFowler said:

I read on another board that Scott is having a baby, or maybe just that he got someone else pregnant.

I guess he probably got all the publicity he needed from dating Tinsley for his coupon company that he doesn't need her anymore!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

I haven't seen any Coupon Cabin commercials during the show this year, but maybe I've missed them? I can't say that I've been looking.

None that I've seen.  Unless I've bumped my head too many times, I don't recall seeing a CC commercial ever, outside of those aired for the season or two they dated, shown on Bravo.

• Love 7

I really like Tins.  There's a real vulnerability about her.  Every so often she gets a look in her eye that says 'what in hell am I doing here with these women who are old enough to be my mother.'  I want to sit her down and say 'just walk away and get on with your life'.

• Love 9
(edited)
18 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

I really like Tins.  There's a real vulnerability about her.  Every so often she gets a look in her eye that says 'what in hell am I doing here with these women who are old enough to be my mother.'  I want to sit her down and say 'just walk away and get on with your life'.

Nah. I see this sentiment all the time but I don't get it at all. Maybe for Ramona who will be 63 this year. The others aren't that much older. Sonja is 55, Dorinda is 54, Luann is 53, Bethenny is 48. Tinsley is a very middle-aged 43 (going on 44) and the same age as Luann was when RHONY show started. Tinsley seems younger than the others but only because she stopped maturing at the age of 23 and presents herself accordingly.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Nah. I see this sentiment all the time but I don't get it at all. Maybe for Ramona who will be 63 this year. The others aren't that much older. Sonja is 55, Dorinda is 54, Luann is 53, Bethenny is 48. Tinsley is a very middle-aged 43 (going on 44) and the same age as Luann was when RHONY show started. Tinsley seems younger than the others but only because she stopped maturing at the age of 23 and presents herself accordingly.

... And they all have kids.... 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

They're considerably older except for Bethenny.  And their outlook on the world is older than they are.  And so is the way they dress.  These ladies are too old for me.  And I'm nearly 70.  Maybe it's because I have a single daughter of similar age I am drawn to Tinsley. But Ramona, Sonja, Lu Ann, Dorinda, they're like something out of Mad Men...  Drink too much.  Smoke too much.  Party too much.  And all of it shows on their faces too much.

• Love 10

I feel bad for Tinsley's little dog. Watching Dale carry him like an afterthought, and then manhandle him getting his sweater off - poor kid. He's overweight and seems to be on the older side, and probably a little arthritic.

• Love 4

If anyone hasn't already seen it and has access, OWN is re-broadcasting Tinsley and Dale's Dr. Phil episode at the end of Tinsley's marriage.

I didn't realize that Tinsley's marriage had lasted 15 years......

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Luann and the count were married for 16 years.

I’m wondering how much time Alexandre was spending in Europe while Lu was in NY, the last few years. I know a lot of spouses check out in the year leading up to the divorce, but he seemed particularly absent. 

• Love 3