Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

I thought she and Carole did a good job.  Sitting on the toilet was unexpected. 

It is beginning to be clear why Carole's tag line is she wins the popular vote.  She has done a good job with Tinsley this year. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Reading Tinsley's "Southern Charm." To my surprise, I'm really enjoying it.

Please post what you think about it again after you have finished please. That's nice to hear. 

• Love 5
On 6/25/2017 at 7:34 PM, film noire said:

.I stopped two paras in, b/c this alone made me rage, and I knew worse must be coming:  "(the people who) had been weeding the cotton fields, wound up losing their jobs or being deported. The cotton farmers fired them and got local children to spray pesticides with water guns."

Children spraying cancerous chemicals through water guns. JESUS.

Huh?  If they're referring to the Fanjuls in Florida, I believe they farm sugar cane. 

There is a lot of things said about them locally that's negative, but I never knew they farmed cotton.  There's no big scale cotton farms in the area. The Fanjuls are big time.  Cotton hasn't been a money crop in many decades.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Please post what you think about it again after you have finished please. That's nice to hear. 

Will do. I'm listening on audio (I love audiobooks for when I exercise or do things around the house) and the narrator is excellent (I have an Audible membership). I'm about halfway through. It's gleans a lot of inspiration from her real life, but not exactly. The main character is not annoying and willing to pay her dues and doesn't act entitled or whiney like the brat in The Devil Wears Prada book. I wanted to slap Andy Sachs a zillion times. So far the main character is endearing but still flawed and not Mary Sue-ish.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 3
(edited)

Scott Kluth interview from 2013, nice guy:

http://adrinkwith.com/scott-kluth/

Here's what Tinsley says about the relationship on WWHL the other night:

“Scott is amazing… He’s an incredible guy and I’m just lucky to have met him. I have a great guy. It’s awesome.”

http://people.com/tv/rhony-tinsley-mortimer-scott-kluth-dating-couponcabin/

On her blog she wrote:

“Does anyone out there believe in love at first sight?!  I certainly didn’t until locking eyes with cute Scott from Chicago. His shy demeanor, his smile, and his quiet confidence intrigued me immediately. Wow! We’re almost soul mates. Between the Tito’s and Leo’s and loving lounging by a pool instead of a beach, this guy is right up my alley…not to mention he is also a modest self-made man who claims to be a computer nerd…just what I was looking for!"

dish-072717-tinsley-love-embed-01.jpg?it

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/tinsley-mortimer-still-dating-couponcabin-ceo-scott-kluth-video

dish-072717-tinsley-love-embed-02.jpg?it

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 5

Finished Southern Charm. I liked it, but it ended rather abruptly. It's as if she intended on initially writing it as part one of a series. If she's so inclined, she needs to do a sequel. I like her writing style.

If Tinsley is happy that's all that matters. She's been with lame guys before and sometimes you have to go through those to appreciate nice. I think of Danni from "Southern Charm" who had dated Shep in the past and now she's engaged to a nice guy who isn't unattractive, but doesn't have leading man looks and people dog them. I've said this before, but if you've been dating men with no substance and treats women like an accessory and then find one who treats you well, hang onto him! 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Cute Scott or rich Scott?  Dude looks like the principal from Ferris Beulers day off.

Lol. True. But he'll start hitting the gym, get a good haircut and she'll start dressing him. Lying in the hammock there, it looks like the transformation has already begun.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Reading Tinsley's "Southern Charm." To my surprise, I'm really enjoying it.

I really liked it too!! I read it years ago when she first put it out and was very impressed---not sure if she had a ghost writer or not, but it was a fun dose of glittery chick lit, nevertheless.

And I'm so happy for her and Scott; hopefully things work out for those two. He seems like a big sweet teddy bear who really "gets" her vibe and feels lucky to have her. He kinda reminds me of my own husband---he's older than me and after years of dating cocky better looking fellows that treated me like shit, I fell for a sweet Southern gentleman  who treated me like a goddess((and still does)), so I can understand Tinsley's((and Danni from SC too!)) excitement to finally date such a sweet and loving man, despite his looks. A big wallet((among other things)) always helps though, of course. ;)

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I really liked it too!! I read it years ago when she first put it out and was very impressed---not sure if she had a ghost writer or not, but it was a fun dose of glittery chick lit, nevertheless.

And I'm so happy for her and Scott; hopefully things work out for those two. He seems like a big sweet teddy bear who really "gets" her vibe and feels lucky to have her. He kinda reminds me of my own husband---he's older than me and after years of dating cocky better looking fellows that treated me like shit, I fell for a sweet Southern gentleman  who treated me like a goddess((and still does)), so I can understand Tinsley's((and Danni from SC too!)) excitement to finally date such a sweet and loving man, despite his looks. A big wallet((among other things)) always helps though, of course. ;)

I'm blessed with my wonderful hubby who is quite handsome. So happy for you, Sun-Bun. After eating nothing but cake and cookies, a person needs legit nutrition. LOL This guy seems a way better catch than what I've seen other NY h'wives date in the past. If they get more serious, I wonder if she'll relocate to Chicago?

Southern Charm is excellent for the beach and the main character is from Charleston.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Atlanta said:

If they get more serious, I wonder if she'll relocate to Chicago?

I think that is a great idea. I left NYC because I'm a Midwesterner at heart. In NY, I was running with a fabulous crowd, but honestly we weren't all that fabulous. Had I stayed, I know exactly where I was headed - LuluLand or Sonjaville. So I moved back home to Michigan. But not before I checked out Chicago. And I loved it. Best of Both Worlds. Glittering skyline, a cleaner city life with a terrific shoreline for this Great Lakes girl. Alas, I wanted to be near my family so I settled down in the suburbs of Detroit. If Tinsley is trying to reinvent herself, Chicago might be great for her. And an easy plane ride to New York. If she wants to be an IT girl in NYC, that torch has been passed to Gigi Hadid. But she could still be an IT in Chicago, I think. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, BBHN said:

I have to admit, I am kind of liking Tinsely and wouldn't mind having her back next season.

I like her too.  I think she sometimes does come off as being a bit immature (primarily she goes a bit tantrum-y when upset) but she's harmless. I have yet to see her go after someone or be purposely cruel.

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

For all the bitching she did about the Page Six posting, I'm surprised she's not bitching about the blind item that says Scott is cheating on her.  I really hope he isn't.

Can you link the blind, please? I'd love to read it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Can you link the blind, please? I'd love to read it.

267. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/27 **#1**
This NY/NJ Housewife replaced someone who was being cheated on by her husband. The thing is though, the replacement is being cheated on even worse by her significant other and is blissfully unaware. Jules Wainstein/Tinsley Mortimer ("Real Housewives of New York City")/CouponCabin CEO Scott Kluth

http://crazydaysandnights.net/2017/07/blind-item-1-1719.html

They postulated it was Jules, but because of the date of it (why post it now when they are divorcing?) but Tinsley was the more likely person.

7 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in CDAN. That site posted that fake blind about The Hunger Games set that made it sound like JLaw wrote it.

A lot of what they write is utter crap.  Occasionally they have some that are spot on (The Chris Pratt/Anna Faris breakup.  I don't necessarily believe the reasons), but not a whole lot is right.

8 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in CDAN. That site posted that fake blind about The Hunger Games set that made it sound like JLaw wrote it.

Even if he was inclined to cheat, I can't believe he'd be that stupid. He's a dude who worked Sears. He founded this company that most have never heard of even 14 years after he founded it. He's dating an attractive socialite and every time she's mentioned in the press, they put his name there and his company too. Even if he merely likes her, but loves the publicity, he'd have to be self destructive to the nth degree to fuck around on her.

Additionally, one of CDAN revealed blinds was about Kate Gosselin who is barely in the news except for her annual "this is what the kids look like now" stories. So I don't think timeliness is a factor with their blind items. That blind is Jules to a tee. Michael had abandoned the kids with his parents and was out and about with his girlfriend. He was shopping with her at Home Goods, which is hilarious because that was the year of the Home Goods fibroid trip.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8

CDAN... oh. They have this disclaimed on their website:

CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS IS A GOSSIP SITE. THE SITE PUBLISHES RUMORS, CONJECTURE, AND FICTION. IN ADDITION TO ACCURATELY REPORTED INFORMATION, CERTAIN SITUATIONS, CHARACTERS AND EVENTS PORTRAYED IN THE BLOG ARE EITHER PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY. INFORMATION ON THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS OR INACCURACIES; THE BLOG'S PROPRIETOR DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTY AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE'S CONTENT. LINKS TO CONTENT ON AND QUOTATION OF MATERIAL FROM OTHER SITES ARE NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS.

I don't take anything they say seriously.

• Love 4

She has a type and he is head over heels over her. Why not?

I thought B outing her as a drunk was wrong.

She can't help herself as T is younger, blond, educated and well bred. Who is envious here?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

She has a type and he is head over heels over her. Why not?

I thought B outing her as a drunk was wrong.

She can't help herself as T is younger, blond, educated and well bred. Who is envious here?

She's about five years younger than bethenny which puts her in the same age category.  Plus anyone can be blonde, Tinsley's hair color is as unatural as every other one of them. As a group, I think these women are all pretty educated. I just think anyone is all that jealous of Tinsley. Ok maybe Ramona because Tinsley found a man.  

I didn't see anything wrong with bethenny mentioning Tinsleys drinking. They all talk about each other's drinking.  It looks like bethenny and Carole drink the least amount. The others seem to like their alcohol.  

I hope Tinsley and what's his name work out. He appears to be a decent guy. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Lemons said:

I didn't see anything wrong with bethenny mentioning Tinsleys drinking. They all talk about each other's drinking.  It looks like bethenny and Carole drink the least amount. The others seem to like their alcohol.  

Yes, and it wasn't like she was saying something we did not know. Tinsley drinks a lot, as we saw all during the season. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes, and it wasn't like she was saying something we did not know. Tinsley drinks a lot, as we saw all during the season. 

I did think it was weird because we have never seen Before discuss it with Carole or Tinsley and usually she does address these issues with people directly before bringing it up to others. Hell we have barekt seen B talk to Tinsley. But it's oddness increased when she seemed jealous over Tinsley and Carole's friendship shortly after the convo. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I did think it was weird because we have never seen Before discuss it with Carole or Tinsley and usually she does address these issues with people directly before bringing it up to others. Hell we have barekt seen B talk to Tinsley. But it's oddness increased when she seemed jealous over Tinsley and Carole's friendship shortly after the convo. 

I think it was discussed in more depth, and we just didn't see it all. Production was clearly showing us that she drinks a lot. Especially on the ski trip when they kept going in for close ups of her drinking, or when she would leave the table to get more vodka. Carole also said something about it to someone. Maybe Dorinda? About the fact that the Tito's wasn't helping Tinsley's situation. And then Beth mentioned her drinking at that last dinner in Mexico in her TH interview. Something about never seeing anyone put it away like she was doing.  I got the impression that it was something that had been noted by the others. My guess is her drinking at 8 in the morning was also a thing and we didn't see the footage. 

ETA: I had forgotten one other comment about Tinsley's drinking. And it made many of us raise our eyebrows at the time because it came from Dorinda. She said something about Tinsley being a "day drinker". Surprising because while I like Dorinda, she has zero business talking about someone else drinking too much. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

^ Also, remember how bombed Tinsley was on her first date with Scott? Carole pulled Tinsley aside and had to give her a lecture on pulling herself together, also commenting on how drunk she was. In addition, Tinsley herself said that she has a drinking problem--that she gets drunk to be able to fall asleep at night and that she feels like her real self or something when she's drinking. Bethany definitely did NOT blow the cover on Tins's drinking.

• Love 7

Regarding Tinsley's drinking, and if my memory is not playing me, her mother herself told her something regarding her drinking, when they were trying to find an appartment for Tinsley... Is my memory OK or should I call my generalist, lol ?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Bethany definitely did NOT blow the cover on Tins's drinking.

I wasn't suggesting she was it's just that B usually talks directly to the person which is why I thought the convo with Sonja was weird.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it was discussed in more depth, and we just didn't see it all. Production was clearly showing us that she drinks a lot. Especially on the ski trip when they kept going in for close ups of her drinking, or when she would leave the table to get more vodka. Carole also said something about it to someone. Maybe Dorinda? About the fact that the Tito's wasn't helping Tinsley's situation. And then Beth mentioned her drinking at that last dinner in Mexico in her TH interview. Something about never seeing anyone put it away like she was doing.  I got the impression that it was something that had been noted by the others. My guess is her drinking at 8 in the morning was also a thing and we didn't see the footage. 

ETA: I had forgotten one other comment about Tinsley's drinking. And it made many of us raise our eyebrows at the time because it came from Dorinda. She said something about Tinsley being a "day drinker". Surprising because while I like Dorinda, she has zero business talking about someone else drinking too much. 

9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

^ Also, remember how bombed Tinsley was on her first date with Scott? Carole pulled Tinsley aside and had to give her a lecture on pulling herself together, also commenting on how drunk she was. In addition, Tinsley herself said that she has a drinking problem--that she gets drunk to be able to fall asleep at night and that she feels like her real self or something when she's drinking. Bethany definitely did NOT blow the cover on Tins's drinking.

So is that why Bravo made sure to include a shot of the arrangement of mini alcohol bottles in her hotel suite when showing off her "new place"?  I thought it was kind of odd at the time, but it makes more sense now.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

So is that why Bravo made sure to include a shot of the arrangement of mini alcohol bottles in her hotel suite when showing off her "new place"?  I thought it was kind of odd at the time, but it makes more sense now.

bingo.

• Love 3

Tinsleys ex husband is getting married to a real society woman. I forget her name but she's a successful shoe designer and is in all the fashion magazines and society pages. There are pictures of her adorable kids and amazing Chelsea townhouse.  She dresses beautifully.  I guess it wasn't Gopher not wanting to be in the spotlight, he just didn't want to be in the spotlight with Tinsley. This woman is everything that Tinsley tried to be but failed. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Tinsleys ex husband is getting married to a real society woman. I forget her name but she's a successful shoe designer and is in all the fashion magazines and society pages. There are pictures of her adorable kids and amazing Chelsea townhouse.  She dresses beautifully.  I guess it wasn't Gopher not wanting to be in the spotlight, he just didn't want to be in the spotlight with Tinsley. This woman is everything that Tinsley tried to be but failed. 

Topper was on the record on not liking the spotlight and thinking the limelight chasing was beneath them. There are interviews with him on the subject. However, I suspect that his separation and divorce from Tinsley were sooooooooo public that he managed to get over his fear of the public. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/fashion/21topper.html

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Topper was on the record on not liking the spotlight and thinking the limelight chasing was beneath them. There are interviews with him on the subject. However, I suspect that his separation and divorce from Tinsley were sooooooooo public that he managed to get over his fear of the public. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/fashion/21topper.html

Iimelight chasing is beneath most people. He probably hated the way Tinsley went about it, hiring a publicist to get her name out there even though she hadn't accomplished anything worth covering. Going to those tacky clubs, places just to be photographed. More of an "it" girl than an accomplished woman.

His new soon to be wife is in the spotlight because she is an accomplished designer of a high end product sold at the best stores, among other things. Her friends appear to be the real society women, not like Tinsleys old friends or the housewives. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Iimelight chasing is beneath most people. He probably hated the way Tinsley went about it, hiring a publicist to get her name out there even though she hadn't accomplished anything worth covering. Going to those tacky clubs, places just to be photographed. More of an "it" girl than an accomplished woman.

His new soon to be wife is in the spotlight because she is an accomplished designer of a high end product sold at the best stores, among other things. Her friends appear to be the real society women, not like Tinsleys old friends or the housewives. 

I think Tinsley was friends with actual socialites. When she made High Society, she couldn't get anyone of any merit so she ended up with grifters, racists, and wannabees. Also Tinsley's heyday was back during that socialite rank craziness when all of the girls were competing for their "daily ranking." It wasn't until that shit went by the wayside did the girls stop being openly contemptuous of each other. 

• Love 4
On August 22, 2017 at 8:12 PM, HunterHunted said:

I think Tinsley was friends with actual socialites. When she made High Society, she couldn't get anyone of any merit so she ended up with grifters, racists, and wannabees. Also Tinsley's heyday was back during that socialite rank craziness when all of the girls were competing for their "daily ranking." It wasn't until that shit went by the wayside did the girls stop being openly contemptuous of each other. 

On August 22, 2017 at 7:49 PM, Lemons said:

From the mid-2000s until the CW debacle*, Tinsley was indeed part of and ascendant in "real society." 

Tabitha Simmons originated as a model then became a stylist at Vogue and for Dolce & Gabbana before, finally, launching her line of shoes. She is actually more bohemian/quirky in aesthetics and persona thanks to her provenance in high fashion than a lot of socials (I believe she is close friends with Karen Elson and was once married to Craig McDean), but her community of friends - while on the whole artsier - overlaps with Tinsley's (or at least, what was Tinsley's social sphere until ca 2010) in part thanks to the magazine, which is functionally an intersection of old school pedigree/wealth and creatives.  

*Ironically, I think Tins would have less of a problem roping in some woman of stature now than back in 2009 or whenever High Society was filmed. It was still the nascence of the Bravo species of reality and had not yet become a viable avenue to branding and business success.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 3

Been reading southern Charm, I actually feel sorry for Tinsley if this is even partly autobiographical.  It seems like the New York elite is very image and status conscious with all flash and little to no substance.  No wonder she seemed so lost and aimless during the season because she was shut out of a world she was groomed to join.  Hopefully she isn't basing her future in this new guy she's dating, but I habe to wonder if her main character Minty being told to find love, marry and have kids isn't what she was raised with..and now that she is over 40..she realizes time is ticking, etc.

Still I wish shed written another book because I like her writing style and she's very descriptive.

• Love 3

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/19/cast-thinks-tinsley-mortimers-beau-is-buying-her-way-onto-housewives/

My first and only thought after reading this is that Sonja (and maybe Ramona) is a bitter hateful cow(s).

Bethenny doesn't care. Neither does Dorinda. Carole is Tinsley's friend. Luann has more important things to deal with. Leaving the bitter twins and likely only Sonja as the source for this nonsense rumor.

Also if you could buy your way onto a housewife show, Maloof would still be a full-timer because her family has a billion dollars and had the rapidly failing Palms Casino to prop up. If a quarter-million dollar ad buy was all it took, Maloof would still be on BH.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/19/cast-thinks-tinsley-mortimers-beau-is-buying-her-way-onto-housewives/

My first and only thought after reading this is that Sonja (and maybe Ramona) is a bitter hateful cow(s).

Bethenny doesn't care. Neither does Dorinda. Carole is Tinsley's friend. Luann has more important things to deal with. Leaving the bitter twins and likely only Sonja as the source for this nonsense rumor.

Also if you could buy your way onto a housewife show, Maloof would still be a full-timer because her family has a billion dollars and had the rapidly failing Palms Casino to prop up. If a quarter-million dollar ad buy was all it took, Maloof would still be on BH.

I would guess that Sonja is the source but they could have done this together. I put nothing past those 2. 

• Love 6