Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

That article is a mess. It basically just says that they're on a mini break (possibly implying that he's seeing other women?) and will probably get back together. Honestly IMO there are no "complicated" relationships or partners. People slap those labels on things when they aren't what they want them to be. Scott and Tinsley are not going to end up together.

• Love 8

Tinsley is on WWHL and Andy asked her about the US Weekly article and Scott. Tinsley confirmed that they "are broken up right now." She went on to report that they had broken up before the last few episodes had aired, and that she had told him about the wedding dress shopping beforehand and he thought it was funny (sure he did). She also mentioned that they break up "ALL the time."

I'm not going to tell her how to live her life but these on-off, on-off games are for kids, not a middle-aged woman who has made it clear that she wants to get married and unfreeze some eggs. Her mother is right--she really doesn't have time for this. She needs to ditch Scott. They've been dating (or whatever) for like a year-plus. If he's not committed at this point, cut him loose.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

That article is a mess. It basically just says that they're on a mini break (possibly implying that he's seeing other women?) and will probably get back together. Honestly IMO there are no "complicated" relationships or partners. People slap those labels on things when they aren't what they want them to be. Scott and Tinsley are not going to end up together.

I am sure they will be back together in time for filming next season so he can get CouponCabin commercials aired featuring Tins, Carole and salad boy. Scott is an operator! 

• Love 4

She looks adorable and seems insanely happy in every snapshot from Venice—-and following their super glam Europe vacay on Instagram is truly warming my cold, black heart.

Doggonit, I really hope these two can make it. By all outward appearances, they seem really good for each other.

• Love 9
On 6/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, islandgal140 said:

So,... she has always had stalker tendencies?

Lol! And no depth. She’s all window dressing in my opinion. She could have kept the wedding dress on and stood in the shop’s window... until she had to leave to get her blow out and lashes done. 

• Love 2
Just now, AnnA said:

Are they back together again?

Yes. They have been on a European vacation together since July 1st.

I wonder what constitutes a break since this clearly wasn’t a spur of the moment trip and it started shortly after she said they were broken up on WWHL.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I wonder what constitutes a break since this clearly wasn’t a spur of the moment trip and it started shortly after she said they were broken up on WWHL.

I have to wonder if Tinsley considers them "broken up" when he is unable to be by her side, other wise know as working. LOL Either that or they are seeing other people as well, hence no longer an exclusive couple.

• Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Thanks.

I never know what to believe with the HWs. They all have their own version of the truth.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Why can't it have been spur of the moment? Didn't they head off to Vegas for several days on their first date? It's not like Tinsley works a real job that she has to request vacation time.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Why can't it have been spur of the moment? Didn't they head off to Vegas for several days on their first date? It's not like Tinsley works a real job that she has to request vacation time.

It’s been a two week tour of Prague, Venice, Budapest, and Paris at the height of tourist season at hotels that are booked months in advance. Not the same as a weekend in Miami in November which is where I believe they went on their first date and he was already going.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s been a two week tour of Prague, Venice, Budapest, and Paris at the height of tourist season at hotels that are booked months in advance. Not the same as a weekend in Miami in November which is where I believe they went on their first date and he was already going.

It's not like money or work schedules are issues for these people. It's entirely plausible that he decided to whisk her off to Europe for a big trip. He often surprises her. What's the big deal anyway?

Not a big deal but doesn’t seem a great way to have a relationship With constant breakups. She also talked about the trip before she went and said they were broken up so it wasn’t a surprise.

• Love 2
(edited)

OK.  Let me see if I understand.   Tinsley tells Andy (and the world) on WWHL that she and Scott broke up and then she goes on a two week European vacation with him.    

Carole tells us she hasn't seen or spoken to Adam in two months and then goes on a vacation to Dubai with him.

Do I have that right?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Though all are better than to be like Dorinda and just talk about breaking up with John because you are too good for him but never do it.

I actually felt bad for John at the dinner Ramona had for Carole and I don't even like him.   I know John was a friend of Richard's but that totally confuses me. Allegedly Richard was a well educated sophisticated man who traveled in elite financial circles.    Was sloppy gross John his friend or his dry cleaner?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AnnA said:

OK.  Let me see if I understand.   Tinsley tells Andy (and the world) on WWHL that she and Scott broke up and then she goes on a two week European vacation with him.    

Carole tells us she hasn't seen or spoken to Adam in two months and then goes on a vacation to Dubai with him.

Do I have that right?

Tinsley did say that she was sure they would work it out.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, AnnA said:

I actually felt bad for John at the dinner Ramona had for Carole and I don't even like him.   I know John was a friend of Richard's but that totally confuses me. Allegedly Richard was a well educated sophisticated man who traveled in elite financial circles.    Was sloppy gross John his friend or his dry cleaner?

Probably his dry cleaner, but John is apparently a bit of a high end fixer for the rich and powerful. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the guy Dorinda called to get the nutcracker was actually a John contact.

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/10/31/style/guru-john-mahdessian-dry-cleaning-for-perfectionists-and-the-merely-finicky.html

• Love 8
19 hours ago, AnnA said:

If that's true then Dorinda seems much more on John's level.  I bet D & J have insane coke/booze filled fights and make up sex. 

• Love 2

Does anyone know anything about Scott?  I'm intrigued by him only because I cannot fathom what he sees in Tinsley, beyond her being blonde and thin.  When he appears on camera, he always seems slightly awkward which makes you assume he's a bit normal.  But he simply can't be if he takes the perpetual 12 year old seriously.  And would she be interested if he wasn't loaded?  I just am curious as to what they must have in common.

For Duggar followers, it reeks of when Derrick showed up on the scene and everyone wondered how someone so "normal" could be interested in idiot Jill.  Now here we are fully exposed to what a raving lunatic he is and it all makes sense.  Could it be that Scott also stuck in perpetual adolescence???

• Love 5
On 7/18/2018 at 3:58 PM, AnnA said:

Interesting!

Maybe wacky Sonja is not so cray-cray after all!

Her dad was squandering his wealth partying with his 20 something  girlfriend and drinking. At a certain point, Dale actually stepped in to take control of his finances. But he definitely blew through a lot of his money and Dale does live in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo in Palm Beach. If there is any money left, it's because Dale protected it. However, what doesn't wring true about the blind is that Tinsley looking down on reality shows. High Society is waaaaaaaaaaaay more trashy than RHoNY.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Her dad was squandering his wealth partying with his 20 something  girlfriend and drinking. At a certain point, Dale actually stepped in to take control of his finances. But he definitely blew through a lot of his money and Dale does live in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo in Palm Beach. If there is any money left, it's because Dale protected it. However, what doesn't wring true about the blind is that Tinsley looking down on reality shows. High Society is waaaaaaaaaaaay more trashy than RHoNY.

And we haven't heard Tinsley talk about mansions/private planes either. I would guess Sonja off of that remark but Sonja didn't come from money, she married into it and was thrown out if it. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)

I realize I thought this was common knowledge. There have been many articles written about her “fall” from society it girl and it talked about her dads financial problems and why she left the NY scene and it wasn’t just because of her divorce.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

However, what doesn't wring true about the blind is that Tinsley looking down on reality shows. High Society is waaaaaaaaaaaay more trashy than RHoNY.

And the phrase, "She spent most of the money from her last divorce" points elsewhere (or is very deceptive). That phrasing sounds like a woman with more than one divorce under her belt, like Yolanda (David was her "last divorce") but if it's Tins, it should read "spent most of the money from her divorce".

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, film noire said:

And the phrase, "She spent most of the money from her last divorce" points elsewhere (or is very deceptive). That phrasing sounds like a woman with more than one divorce under her belt, like Yolanda (David was her "last divorce") but if it's Tins, it should read "spent most of the money from her divorce".

I caught that too.

• Love 4
(edited)

It should also be pointed out that a vast majority of blind items turn out to be bullshit in some way from how they classify stars, Trav isn’t A list to also to many blind items being complete and utter bullshit, it’s just that we only remember the items that turn out to be true or have a m***** of truth.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

It’s interesting: I am rewatching the trip to Mexico from last season. Beth is completely supporting Tinsley regarding being grateful to Sonja for letting her stay at her townhouse. Beth is criticizing Sonja for a number of things. 

Contrast this to the dinner at the beginning of this season.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2018 at 4:42 PM, LilaFowler said:

Or that they don't have the money to do it. 

On 2018-07-12 at 3:31 PM, Kiki620 said:

Does anyone know anything about Scott?  I'm intrigued by him only because I cannot fathom what he sees in Tinsley, beyond her being blonde and thin.  When he appears on camera, he always seems slightly awkward which makes you assume he's a bit normal.  But he simply can't be if he takes the perpetual 12 year old seriously.  And would she be interested if he wasn't loaded?  I just am curious as to what they must have in common.

For Duggar followers, it reeks of when Derrick showed up on the scene and everyone wondered how someone so "normal" could be interested in idiot Jill.  Now here we are fully exposed to what a raving lunatic he is and it all makes sense.  Could it be that Scott also stuck in perpetual adolescence???

I don’t know anything beyond what we see of Scott. I think he’s immature probably, insecure a bit too, and he doesn’t want to or maybe know how to do a relationship. Tinsley is doing all the heavy lifting, he just pays for it and does whatever else she says until he doesn’t have it in him to fake it anymore. That’s what I’m guessing anyway.

If Tinsley is in need of money, that would explain why she jumped on Scott. I feel a bit sorry for him. She’s fine for her speed but I don’t think she’s what he needs ultimately. I don’t know.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tinsley's reunion ensemble

38849603_460471501116379_205896488742551

The dress is beautiful, imo, except for the part where it looks like it has blue tulle diarrhea  spilling out (homage to the Colombia trip?).

Edited by SweetieDarling
forgot name of fabric
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

The dress is beautiful, imo, except for the part where it looks like it has blue tulle diarrhea  spilling out (homage to the Colombia trip?).

I kind of agree about the tulle, but I have to see Tins on the couch, because that fluff of tulle might be gorgeous when she's seated.

I love the dress proper; Betty Draper with a twist.

I think her hair is better than usual, but if she'd worn it up in a simple, slighty messy bun (a la Meghan Markle) with precision bangs, I think she would've been a knockout -- when the dress is lux, there's something about showing off the line of a woman's neck that always reads clean and fresh and flattering, imo. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

It looks like Tinsley added that tulle train.  The model doesn't have one. 

I think she should have worn a wedding gown to the reunion. LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, bagger said:

HaTe it. Looks like a fairy costume

Prom 1998.

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

The dress is by Monique Lhuillier - Fall 2018

27890858_2134052846621589_61029762607727

Like I thought, prom dress.  That girl looks the appropriate age to be going to the prom.

• Love 2