Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t like what I’ve seen of Scott as a partner although I have only seen snippets on Real Housewives and the drama of all their break ups.

I liked Scott at first - or at least I liked the idea of him (not a trust-funder, no ridiculous continental aristo title,  no signs he craved a classist, tight-jawed WASP lifestyle) but the more I see of him, the more controlling he appears, imo.

For a man seeking privacy, he sure is happy to be in the spotlight as long as he's the one controlling it (and in ways that are often self-serving, imo  - using Tins to advertise his company,  coming on the show because he was obsessed with the real housewives series, appearing on the series itself, etc).

Add in filming a wedding proposal and then doing what all people seeking the quiet life do (posting it to every social media platform possible) and then add to that the 2018 cheating gossip  (supposedly Tinsley broke up with him when she found pictures of a naked woman on his phone) and then add to THAT - ADD IT ALL, MY FRIENDS! (if anybody is still reading at this point! ) a possible ultimatum to surrender her only form of ongoing financial independence - a six figure job -  and I'm absolutely hoping the next news I read about this liason is a New York Post headline (SCOTT-FREE!)  about Tinsley fleeing a man who seems more interested in clipping her wings than in watching her fly.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, film noire said:

I liked Scott at first - or at least I liked the idea of him (not a trust-funder, no ridiculous continental aristo title,  no signs he craved a classist, tight-jawed WASP lifestyle) but the more I see of him, the more controlling he appears, imo.

For a man seeking privacy, he sure is happy to be in the spotlight as long as he's the one controlling it (and in ways that are often self-serving, imo  - using Tins to advertise his company,  coming on the show because he was obsessed with the real housewives series, appearing on the series itself, etc).

Add in filming a wedding proposal and then doing what all people seeking the quiet life do (posting it to every social media platform possible) and then add to that the 2018 cheating gossip  (supposedly Tinsley broke up with him when she found pictures of a naked woman on his phone) and then add to THAT - ADD IT ALL, MY FRIENDS! (if anybody is still reading at this point! ) a possible ultimatum to surrender her only form of ongoing financial independence - a six figure job -  and I'm absolutely hoping the next news I read about this liason is a New York Post headline (SCOTT-FREE!)  about Tinsley fleeing a man who seems more interested in clipping her wings than in watching her fly.

1. Agree. I didn't mind him at first, though I thought they were an odd match. I pictured her with someone more...handsome? fit? dapper?. There's something kind of George Costanza about him that turns me away.

2. Not just ANY wedding proposal. It was quite the production with carolers. I'm surprised there wasn't snow falling, real or fake.

3. If it's true about the cheating, and she went back to him, well,... I don't know what to say. I would never do it, but that's me.

4. I was hoping the "ultimatum" was along the lines of "If you move to Chicago, you won't be able to do the show," Or a more open discussion of the effects the show has already had on their relationship. I like Tinsley, and enjoy her on the show, but she hasn't exactly been warmly welcomed by the other ladies. She's not "one of them", they've kept her on the outside.  The ladies have stood in judgement of her more than bringing her into their circle (unless that's part of the initiation process, that few, if any, make it past). 

I hope it works out and they live happily ever after, but, there's something about him I don't like or trust.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Not just ANY wedding proposal. It was quite the production with carolers. I'm surprised there wasn't snow falling, real or fake.

Weren’t those carolers just there because they are often at the Water Tower around the holidays? That said I think a proposal should reflect the person and of course Tinsley would want a public display so I wouldn’t fault him if he did hire them.

Edited by biakbiak
M
  • Love 6

I'll preface this by saying I really like Tinsley for this show. She's a cupcake - lots of fluffy frosting and she's sweet - but not much substance. She's definitely the kindest of the group and the least "malicious"

However, I don't think Scott will marry her. I see this as the "continuation" of her created narrative/story line. She and Scott have been together for 3 years and were more off than on. Next season, instead of being her on/off boyfriend, he'll be her on/off fiance.

Tinsley won't leave NY - she needs the money.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

see this as the "continuation" of her created narrative/story line. She and Scott have been together for 3 years and were more off than on. Next season, instead of being her on/off boyfriend, he'll be her on/off fiance.

I don’t see that because otherwise why would she stop filming this season? She is barely going to be on and Bravo isn’t going to invite someone back that they can’t rely on to film. 
I think there is a good chance they won’t get married but I don’t think this is for a storyline since it looks like she won’t be featured on the show much.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I think if a marriage is solid, it would last regardless. Bring on a reality might help expose cracks that already exits in the marriage, but if it's built on a solid foundation - as it was with Jill, Alex, Heather, Kristen, and Aviva - then the marriage should be ok.

MTE! I don’t put much stock in the theory that reality tv destroys marriages. It’s an added stressor, yes, and a completely elective one at that, but I would rather have a relationship that can weather outside stressors than a relationship that has to be shielded from it.

But that’s just me, and I know Tinsley and I are polar opposites when it comes to romantic relationships.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t see that because otherwise why would she stop filming this season? She is barely going to be on and Bravo isn’t going to invite someone back that they can’t rely on to film. 
I think there is a good chance they won’t get married but I don’t think this is for a storyline since it looks like she won’t be featured on the show much.

I don't think Tinsley "quit" she is too poor to risk being sued for breach of contract.

I do think this was a ploy to generate interest in her for another season on RHNY.  She sure as hell would film another scene with mom at the wedding dress store.

She filmed the entire season minus this group trip, she'll be back to film the rest of the season plus the reunion

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She filmed the entire season minus this group trip,

The group trip tends to be three or four episodes and she also missed two or three other filming dates.

Apparently they don’t allow dogs in Scott’s building, I wonder what if she is going to give them up.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
On 12/12/2019 at 10:33 AM, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Tinsley "quit" she is too poor to risk being sued for breach of contract.

I do think this was a ploy to generate interest in her for another season on RHNY.  She sure as hell would film another scene with mom at the wedding dress store.

I agree completely.  When I read about Scott's supposed "ultimatum", I, too wondered who/how/with what money her contract would be paid.

I do think they'll get married, and I think we'll be here for it all:  dress shopping with judgy Dale, bridal showers, Tinsley breaking down and crying, registering for the perfect china.

Will it last?  That's for a whole 'nother show.  My prediction is that the marriage lasts long enough to produce at least one child, which we might have to read about on social media, as I do think she'll be long gone from the show by then.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, biakbiak said:

Apparently they don’t allow dogs in Scott’s building, I wonder what if she is going to give them up.

Interesting.  My friend is going through a separation, and her husband, who adores their dog, had to leave the dog behind for the same reason, as his new building won't allow dogs.  In fact, it's really his dog, and he's just had to basically give it up for the time being.

But with Tinsley & Scott, this could be one of their new marriage compromises:  let's find a new place together (where the naked women in his phone haven't slept, lol), a place that allows dogs.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sterling said:

But with Tinsley & Scott, this could be one of their new marriage compromises:  let's find a new place together (where the naked women in his phone haven't slept, lol), a place that allows dogs.

Scotty has an 8,000 square foot penthouse in the John Hancock building, I think Dale and her sister are going to be getting two new dogs.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3

Not everything is about a storyline.  And unlike what Bethenny claimed - HW have left the show on their own.  It sounds like she will be returning to wrap up the season, which will be her finale.  Unlike the other ladies, she really doesn't live in NY.  She is only there to film for the show.  That's why we see her living in a hotel.  Time to move on for real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
57 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Scotty has an 8,000 square foot penthouse in the John Hancock building, I think Dale and her sisters are going to be getting two new dogs.

Ahhh.....I bet this is what will happen.  Tinsley's dogs can stay in the "family", and she can FaceTime with them.  

(.....hanging head in shame.....).....I used Coupon Cabin today....

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was someone who lived in the building and a court case about it even made the news because it went to the Illinois Supreme Court. Maybe Scott will sue the board again. Or she will get a doctor to say they are emotional support animals.

Interesting!  The article/court case is dated 1997.  Something might have changed in 22 years.  
But I’m going with your assertion that either way, Tinsley would go with the “emotional support animal” defense. 
She does seem happy, and I’m here for that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

1997.  Something might have changed in 22 years.  

Well the reason it came up is because someone who lives in the  building now mentioned it. They also went to a political fundraiser at Scott’s apartment and met Tinsley a few weeks ago. There are also more recent articles about the building that mention it, I just thought the court case was interesting.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3

Tins adopted those two pups out of Vanderpump's Yulin rescue org (so I doubt she's willing to leave them behind) but that said, I'm pretty sure those are photos of the Coupon Cabin office (see logo below). 

One-percenter fun facts about the John Hancock building:

There is a private supermarket on the 44th floor, a full-blown outlet of the Potash grocery chain with a deli and fresh fruits and veg section and places to sit and eat. Office workers can use it for lunch, but must enter and exit through the rear service entrance. Only residents are allowed to use the front door.

The residential portion of this building is it’s own election precinct. People who live there don’t even have to leave the building to vote...

People also don’t have to trudge out into the snow to mail a letter.  The Hancock Center has its own Post Office.  

https://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2014/03/11/20-things-you-probably-dont-know-about-chicagos-john-hancock-center/

So Tinsley is marrying a man who can give her the same "far from the hoi polloi" lifestyle Topper provided (one where the lowly worker bees must use the back entrance) Blech.

Hope she doesn't regret returning to living in a gilded cage.

coupon cabin logo.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5

Chicago is my favorite city.  I'm not mad at Tins for living in the Hancock.  I'm only slightly green with envy.  I've dined in The Signature Room, 95th floor, and had to sit in the center of the room, as the windows were too...too.  The elevator ride was something I don't ever want to repeat.  It's where I learned I have a fear of heights.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, film noire said:

said, I'm pretty sure those are photos of the Coupon Cabin office (see logo below). 

Most of them are from his apartment. He combined several units to make an 8,000 square apartment on the 92nd floor, their offices are in a three story building that’s easily google able.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I'm not mad at Tins for living in the Hancock

Yeah, it fits with the whole aspirational lifestyle these shows try to sell us...if not the Hancock, they better be living in the Gold Coast.

• Love 3
On 12/6/2019 at 12:34 PM, Kiki620 said:

I'm not a Scott hater but he just doesn't seem sophisticated enough for Tinsley.  He seems like every average-Joe guy I ran around around with in my Chicago days.  And I certainly am no old money socialite!  I wonder what they connect on.  And I really have to wonder, if he was just a working schlep with a normal amount of money, would he still be her soulmate?  

Sophisticated is not a word I would use to describe Tinsley.  But she seems superficial and materialistic where he doesn't.   I hope it works for them though.  

• Love 2
On 12/15/2019 at 12:12 PM, biakbiak said:

Well the reason it came up is because someone who lives in the  building now mentioned it. They also went to a political fundraiser at Scott’s apartment and met Tinsley a few weeks ago. There are also more recent articles about the building that mention it, I just thought the court case was interesting.

They allow pets in the Hancock Building.   I'd be surprised to find any high end buildings that have rentals and don't allow pets.  They usually charge a couple hundred more per month when you have a pet.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/1/2017 at 9:10 PM, WireWrap said:

I disagree. Bethenny's last blog says that Tinsley has talked about the abuse and far too often in Bethenny's opinion. As you point out, editing is at play here and I have to wonder why they have edited it the way they have.

I Think Tinsley has talked about it. And I think lu is that self absorbed.  She always thinks she has suffered as much or more.

I am stunned that Tinsley fell for this guy.  She is so attractive and has such good taste and he looks like a cornball.  And I don't think Carol is that good of a judge of people. I think Tinsley is just desperate and needs attention from someone. I don't mean that as a slam, like she's an attention seeker,  I think she has insecurities and needs that kind of personal attention.  I like her and I hate to see her go. I also like Bethany and hate to see her go.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4
On 12/21/2019 at 2:11 AM, antfitz said:

I Think Tinsley has talked about it. And I think lu is that self absorbed.  She always thinks she has suffered as much or more.

I am stunned that Tinsley fell for this guy.  She is so attractive and has such good taste and he looks like a cornball.  And I don't think Carol is that good of a judge of people. I think Tinsley is just desperate and needs attention from someone. I don't mean that as a slam, like she's an attention seeker,  I think she has insecurities and needs that kind of personal attention.  I like her and I hate to see her go. I also like Bethany and hate to see her go.

I like Tins too and am sad to see her go, but am happy for her. Maybe Tins has grown a bit, and actually admires that Scott is a self made man. Topper came from a wealthy family, as did her last serious boyfriend with whom she had a violent relationship at times. Personally, I would take self made over a trust fund baby who has had everything handed to them, any day of the week. Maybe Tins has finally realized that looks aren't everything, though I see nothing wrong with Scott's looks. I think he has actually slimmed down since he met Tins. I hope they will be very happy. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Personally, I would take self made over a trust fund baby who has had everything handed to them, any day of the week. Maybe Tins has finally realized that looks aren't everything, though I see nothing wrong with Scott's looks.

I agree.  We are judging him based on snippets of video and some social media posts.  I was frustrated with the idea that he wouldn't commit to a woman that was clearly hungry for a committment.  He did that.  I'm satisfied that Scott is the man for her.  She's 44 years old; if she doesn't know who is or isn't right for her, how would I?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree.  We are judging him based on snippets of video and some social media posts.  I was frustrated with the idea that he wouldn't commit to a woman that was clearly hungry for a committment.  He did that.  I'm satisfied that Scott is the man for her.  She's 44 years old; if she doesn't know who is or isn't right for her, how would I?

I actually respect Scott more because he did not rush into a commitment that he was not ready for. They have been together on and off for three years, which is not a huge amount of time. I certainly (as I have posted before) give them a better chance of making it that Kelly from RHOC who at the end of filming this season was still with one guy that she professed to love (but who did not want to commit to marriage) and is already engaged to another guy. I am sure if all Tins wanted was to get married, she could have found a guy that was willing. They aren't hard to find, if you set your standards low enough. 

• Love 13
On 12/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, film noire said:

This is what made me really dislike him.  Sure, use the show and it’s stars for publicity but once it gets a little negative you don’t like it anymore.  I think this is a natural response, but unfortunately you can’t have it both ways.

• Love 4

How much is this Kluth guy worth?  I can't imagine some crappy website/app generates millions, but what do I know?

I actually like Scott, he seems like a nice guy, and I think Tinsley likes the "average Joe"-ness of him.  But she also likes money, so I am sure he has a lot.  Just can't figure out how much...

• Love 4

Anyone else see this on Foxella and want to weigh in....technically, it’s kinda accurate time wise about the peak of her “fame” in NY Society (2006-2008) though I kind of think she was still married in 2008 when Epstein first went to jail, so if she was doing this while still married to Topper, it would be pretty salacious indeed:

The peak of her fame occurred about the same time he went to jail.

Source: http://www.crazydaysandnights.net

Up until his first arrest, this Housewife not named Carole Radziwill, was a big recruiter for the billionaire pedophile.

She would often join in threesomes with the pedophile and whatever teen she hired as an intern that month.

Right when the lawsuits started flowing in, she made it much more difficult to find her.

Tinsley Mortimer – Real Housewives of New York City

Jeffrey Epstein

2 hours ago, StevenGuy said:

Anyone else see this on Foxella and want to weigh in....technically, it’s kinda accurate time wise about the peak of her “fame” in NY Society (2006-2008) though I kind of think she was still married in 2008 when Epstein first went to jail, so if she was doing this while still married to Topper, it would be pretty salacious indeed:

Up until his first arrest, this Housewife not named Carole Radziwill, was a big recruiter for the billionaire pedophile.

She would often join in threesomes with the pedophile and whatever teen she hired as an intern that month.

Right when the lawsuits started flowing in, she made it much more difficult to find her.

Jeffrey Epstein

Given that Crazy Days and Nights features a disclaimer at the bottom that reads:

"THE SITE PUBLISHES RUMORS, CONJECTURE, AND FICTION. IN ADDITION TO ACCURATELY REPORTED INFORMATION, CERTAIN SITUATIONS, CHARACTERS AND EVENTS PORTRAYED IN THE BLOG ARE EITHER PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY."

anything that comes from it should probably be taken with a few grains of salt.

Tinsley has always struck me as a bit of a prude, so I'd be a bit surprised if she is/was having threesomes with anyone, let alone a pedophile and trafficked teenagers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

On CDAN some people speculated this was about Sonja.

Tinsley and Scott don't seem to match. Her entire life has been spent in a rarified bubble, and then the only guy she can find is a nameless sleazy business guy in Chicago who is using her? Was there no one else - someone with money and social cachet - interested in her?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, StevenGuy said:

Tinsley Mortimer – Real Housewives of New York City

Jeffrey Epstein

That sounds more like Sonja. Especially the part about the threesome with the hired intern.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 19
On 4/16/2020 at 10:30 PM, StevenGuy said:

Jeffrey Epstein

This with Tinsley makes no sense - I agree with a poster above: she is too much of a prude. 

I truly think most high profile people involved have been outed although some of those “outings” were not widely publicized because media sources did not want to do reporting on certain people - power and politics and political leanings - it goes both ways and all ways (Harvey Weinstein is a good example of this).

I’m really not making a political point one way or the other, because I am sick of divisive politics and I don’t really care. The vast majority of Americans care about others and want what is best for all of us (I am a passionate centrist) and the cover ups cross all political ideologies and lots and lots of powerful people.

I don’t think any of the Real housewives exist in these powerful worlds and Thus any of them would have been outed a long time ago by many media sourced.

• Love 4

Odd that the item had to point out ‘not Carole Radziwill’.   If it was her, I could see it getting swept under the rug due to the Kennedy connection.  However I think she (and Tinsley) have a strong enough moral compass to not provide underage girls to a pedophile.  Sonja?  Not so much.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Odd that the item had to point out ‘not Carole Radziwill’.   If it was her, I could see it getting swept under the rug due to the Kennedy connection.  However I think she (and Tinsley) have a strong enough moral compass to not provide underage girls to a pedophile.  Sonja?  Not so much.

I am assuming specifying Carole was because her phone number a long with a gazillion others was in Epstein’s many Rolodexes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Let's not forget that accusing celebrities of being pedophiles is the new black.  I don't think there's a whole lot of integrity involved in the process.

Exactly, 

Does such a horrible disservice to actual victims.

• Love 3

So corona boredom finds me on amazon looking for things to do. This plus a combination of having a colleague who has decided to start wearing false eyelashes to glam up her day plus my general curiosity of how I'd look with false eyelashes resulted in an order of Tinsley's Winky eyelashes. 

They arrive on Sunday. I hope they are a good product!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/30/2020 at 11:18 AM, SailorGirl said:

So corona boredom finds me on amazon looking for things to do. This plus a combination of having a colleague who has decided to start wearing false eyelashes to glam up her day plus my general curiosity of how I'd look with false eyelashes resulted in an order of Tinsley's Winky eyelashes. 

They arrive on Sunday. I hope they are a good product!

UPDATE:

Cute packaging! But absolutely no instructions. They're supposed to be re-useable but no additional glue or anything -- not sure how long the adhesive could/should last. . . 

Also, I think its more of a branding thing for her than an actual product she's developed -- she talks about "working on/creating her lash line" but the box says "XXO Tinsley for Winky Lux" -- that's more of a branding thing than an actual creation -- if she had created the line, wouldn't it by Winky Lux BY Tinsley"? 

The packaging fits her personality!! 

EDIT TO ADD: She did a youtube video with her makeup artist explaining how to apply them. Apparently they are NOT adhesive-- you have to buy glue separately. Oddly enough though, she isn't selling any eyelash glue -- wonder why not? Its a natural pairing! 

20200504_094736_resized.jpg

20200504_094749_resized.jpg

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

@SailorGirl I’d personally LOVE to rock fake lashes daily and have tried in vain to master their application, but I either completely screw them up trying to properly glue them down or they’ve fallen halfway off by the end of the night. Even tried the magnetic lashes several times and those never last either(magnets usually fall right off); I’d buy a pair of Tinsley’s lashes if she offered up some sort of special easy application variety. Disappointing that glue isn’t even included, especially for that price. Good luck and I hope you can rock them though; they look lovely! How’s the quality??

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

@SailorGirl I’d personally LOVE to rock fake lashes daily and have tried in vain to master their application, but I either completely screw them up trying to properly glue them down or they’ve fallen halfway off by the end of the night. Even tried the magnetic lashes several times and those never last either(magnets usually fall right off); I’d buy a pair of Tinsley’s lashes if she offered up some sort of special easy application variety. Disappointing that glue isn’t even included, especially for that price. Good luck and I hope you can rock them though; they look lovely! How’s the quality??

Seems to be decent quality -- I haven't put them on yet, because I have no glue . . . 😄

Here's the link to her video -- it does seem easy.

I'll post an update (and pictures) when I try them out! 

• Love 4

Tinsley’s coming from Chicago on WWHL tonight. Says that Leah will be invited to her wedding. Not sure when it will be due to covid, but, will be small.  Her hair looks awesome. Hard to believe she did that herself. 

• Love 5