Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Based on other things it appears that reports of her leaving the show are greatly exaggerated.

If Andy had announced a Chicago housewives instead of Salt Lake, I'd give the Tinsley quitting rumors a bit more credence. Maybe she'll leave after the season, but I don't see her bouncing in the middle of filming.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 3

Tinsley Mortimer engaged to Scott Kluth

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/25/tinsley-mortimer-engaged-to-scott-kluth/?_ga=2.244178887.371816047.1572614842-1907435685.1572614842

Tinsley Mortimer could become a “Real Housewife” of Chicago.

The “RHONY” star is engaged to her on-again-off-again boyfriend Scott Kluth.

Businessman Kluth proposed to Mortimer in his native city on Sunday, E! reported on Monday. The big moment happened as Christmas carolers sang by the steps of the Chicago Water Tower.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Engaged. I wonder if they will make it the alter and if so how many times they are gong to break up before they do.

What, no melodramatic fall to the ground? Pfft.

If they make it to the altar, I hope it lasts forever so I never have to see her crawl back to RHONY, bawling about SCOOOTTT~ ad nauseum.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I wish them both all the happiness in the world.

I never loathed Scott as much as some do, so I hope they work out.

I don't loathe him either, just was wishing he would s*it or get off the pot.  It appears he has done just that.  I too wish them well.

• Love 17

I’ve been rooting for her and was wondering if she was bummed when Andy congratulated Cynthia, Kelly, and Stassi about their engagements at the special WWHL episode. (I’m not surprised there were reports she was wasted at BravoCon, bc she seemed wasted on that stage too in my opinion.) She also seemed genuinely perplexed as to why everyone was booing Scott’s name. So I guess I’m glad she finally got her ring from Scott so she can tell everyone “told you so” especially Sonja and her Mom who seemed to tell her to move on the loudest on screen.

However, there’s a reason everyone was booing Scott’s name. He doesn’t have the greatest reputation as a boss, and he made her cry so many times onscreen you don’t doubt many viewers are skeptical. In his defense, she is a little immature so she may cry easily anyways. As Bethany even pointed out in Miami onscreen, she warned her not to get drunk and cry and call Scott. So I can believe she did that a lot because she seems to drink a lot in general. 

Nevertheless, while I am still happy she gets to flaunt her ring and her man, I kind of think this relationship is doomed. But for now I’m sure she’ll be happy, so good for her. Especially makes it a happy holiday season and I’m sure his Christmas stocking is done via Dale.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, StevenGuy said:

He doesn’t have the greatest reputation as a boss, and he made her cry so many times onscreen

In fairness, most people (not all) will say their boss is an asshole, and no one can make you cry imo.  I say that as a prolific crier.

Tinsley strikes me as someone who is not wholly opposed to being controlled.  I mean, we have met her mother.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In fairness, most people (not all) will say their boss is an asshole, and no one can make you cry imo.  I say that as a prolific crier.

Tinsley strikes me as someone who is not wholly opposed to being controlled.  I mean, we have met her mother.

True. I was reading something just yesterday about how the way specifically your Mother treats you can effect your romantic adult relationships later in life. It made me pause to think about how that maybe true in my life which is why I remember it so vividly and why I was so struck by your comment.

Dale is overbearing and unfortunately as Otherkate mentioned before you, she may have a pattern. On her other reality show, High Society, the German prince seemed very controlling. I believe she has mentioned at least once that her ex husband was a “controlling Scorpio”, which can be a stereotype. (I’m currently dating one and he has that tendency, but I don’t want to generalize about all Scorpios). I don’t recall if she said on air that the Palm Beach sugar heir was controlling as well, but they definitely had a toxic dynamic. So playing couch psychologist, I can see your point and her history seems to suggest she doesn’t resist it for sure from her partners and probably seeks it out because it’s familiar to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, StevenGuy said:

I don’t recall if she said on air that the Palm Beach sugar heir was controlling as well, but they definitely had a toxic dynamic.

Nico beat Tinsley and refused to make their relationship public so I'd say he was controlling.

• Love 7

Pretty schmaltzy, but proposals often are I guess.  This looks overly produced.  Eh, results are the same I guess.

Bigger isn't always better.  That honker doesn't even sit on her finger well.  Oh well, she loves it I'm sure. 
It's a beaut! 

Screenshot (112).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5

Man, I am really skeptical about all this engagement jazz.  I strongly suspect Andy Cohen is too.  Uh, could this be for cam time & a storyline?  Ya think?

Look, I know little to nothing about Scott.  He’s no looker, but that’s no crime.  He seems nice enough & seems to treat Tinz nicely, which given her history of relationships with a-holes & shitheads, may be a first for her.  So I get the appeal of Scott for her.

But after living her whole life in the insulated teeny tiny hoity-toidy fancy-shmancy bubble-worlds of the Upper East Side & Palm Beach, is she really gonna be able to suddenly pick up & change her life so drastically to move to Chicago?  Me doubts it.  Sure, she could still live a luxe life in Chicago, but this change seems too sudden & drastic.  I don’t believe any of it.  

If she does actually go thru with the marriage for whatever reasons (er, loneliness, desperation or a storyline), it’d probably last as long as Lu’s marriage did — or maybe shorter.

And if she really does move to Chicago, then that’s it for her on this show.  And that’s the main reason I don’t believe any of this stuff.  Tinz leaving this show is like Kyle leaving BH.  Will.  Never.  Happen.  Like Kyle, Tinz has been itching for an attention-getting op like this show for decades.  She ain’t gonna give it up for Scott or anyone or anything.  No way.

Please keep in mind, that Tinz does a lot of play-acting for this show.  She def does not show her true personality.  She’s not all that different now than she was when was the It Girl 15 years ago, screaming in people’s face, & pretty much run outta NYC.  OK, she’s toned down somewhat since then, but I know people who have dealt with her that say she still has a snooty attitude.  

• Love 7

I'm confused and don't have the patience to go back through this thread to find the posts about Tinsley leaving RHONY.   I know they exist because I stumbled into this thread a while back and commented about it because I was so surprised.    That's why I don't understand why I'm reading that Tinsley may use this engagement as her storyline. 

• Love 1

I am happy for Tins, and hope that she and Scott will be very happy. I never understood the grief that Scott got from many, because he didn't want to rush into marriage. Tins first met Scott in season 9 which aired in the spring of 2017, so was filmed the fall before. So basically they met 3 years ago. Yes, they have been on and off many times but that appears to be because Tins wanted to get married (and I think was pushed by others and her mother to expect it). Scott is certainly much more like any male I know, who is not inclined to rush into marriage.

In my own situation, my husband and I knew each other for years before we went out, and even at that we were together for 6 years (and in our 40s) before he proposed. Had I been the type to push for marriage (I wasn't) we would not have lasted, So basically what I am saying is that both people have to be ready for that step, or most likely it will not last.

I have much more hope for Tins and Scott (with the ups and downs they have weathered) than say Kelly from RHOC who in the current season is dating someone that she professes to love, but in real time she is not longer with, and she is already engaged to another guy. 

I love that Scott had arranged for the carolers to switch to "their song" A Thousand Years when they got to the spot where he proposed. It is also the song a girlfriend walked down the isle to at her beach front wedding - pretty song. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12
On 11/29/2019 at 2:23 PM, AnnA said:

I'm confused and don't have the patience to go back through this thread to find the posts about Tinsley leaving RHONY.   I know they exist because I stumbled into this thread a while back and commented about it because I was so surprised.    That's why I don't understand why I'm reading that Tinsley may use this engagement as her storyline. 

The posts talking about Tinsley leaving were always only spec.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Seems like Tinsley’s only with Scott when she is filming. Off season, they are broken up. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.......

She actually missed filming events because he asked her to come to Chicago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm a tad uncomfortable with the highly produced aspect of this proposal, but maybe this is how the uber rich roll.  I wouldn't know, lol.

Aw, thanks for posting this. I love Tins's comment thanking Scott for all his excitement for them. You can tell that he is as happy as Tins is, which is how it should be. So happy for them both. 

• Love 13

I'm not a Scott hater but he just doesn't seem sophisticated enough for Tinsley.  He seems like every average-Joe guy I ran around around with in my Chicago days.  And I certainly am no old money socialite!  I wonder what they connect on.  And I really have to wonder, if he was just a working schlep with a normal amount of money, would he still be her soulmate?  

Isn't he quite a bit younger than she is?  I'm assuming he probably would like to have children.  And I can't remember, did she just freeze her eggs or did she have frozen embryo's?  And if they were embryo's, who was the father?  I think it'll be interesting to see how that part of their life plays out. 

16 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Isn't he quite a bit younger than she is?  I'm assuming he probably would like to have children.  And I can't remember, did she just freeze her eggs or did she have frozen embryo's?  And if they were embryo's, who was the father?  I think it'll be interesting to see how that part of their life plays out. 

He is 40-41 so 3 or 4 years younger. Tinsley froze just her eggs. 
Tinsley skipped the cast trip to Mexico.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, divsc said:

Interesting, but not surprising.

Seems Tinsley came on the show for exposure, to get back into NY society, which sort of worked.  It got her a "friendship" with Carole, who introduced her to Scott, which got her to her ultimate goal of engagement.

I actually hope, for her sake, that she does leave the show and its spotlight, and maybe can give her time to causes in Chicago, along with working on a solid marriage and trying for family.  
This RH series does married couples no favors, and I think Tinsley & Scott will have a much better shot at a nice, normal life if she can stay off the camera.

Plus, Chicago is just that much farther away from that horrid woman who birthed her....Dale.....ugh.

I like Tinsley, and I'm here for her.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Can't blame him at all for this. Very few boyfriends or husbands of housewives come out of it looking good.

Actually now that I think of it very few housewives come out of the show looking good.

Also, I think marriages are more likely to succeed if neither spouse is on a reality TV show.

• Love 10

Remember the Truth or Dare game when Bethenny tried to get Tinsley to phone Scott? Tinsley refused because Scott wouldn't like it.

Imagine if someone tried to shame Beth into calling Paul. Don't think that would go over too well. Judging by his ducking away on her instastories I suspect that Paul would not have been impressed with Bethenny calling him on a dare with a bunch of drunken screeching women in the background.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I never liked Scott, and the fact that he gave her an “ultimatum” (allegedly) doesn’t help.

However, she accepted it, so whatever floats her boat. And if she was already in the outs with the group, I can definitely see where it was not that difficult of a decision on her part.

Still don’t like him, though. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, link417 said:

I never liked Scott, and the fact that he gave her an “ultimatum” (allegedly) doesn’t help.

However, she accepted it, so whatever floats her boat. And if she was already in the outs with the group, I can definitely see where it was not that difficult of a decision on her part.

Still don’t like him, though. 

I don’t like what I’ve seen of Scott as a partner although I have only seen snippets on Real Housewives and the drama of all their break ups.

I don’t like any man (or woman) who gives a significant other an ultimatum - I really do hope there was much more involved in that discussion. However, being on reality TV would be a no go for many people.

I like Tinsley and want her to be happy. Scott does seem like a vast improvement than her former boyfriend. I just hope she’s not in a a controlling relationship.

You never know what goes on between others in relationships. I just hope we get updates on her.

• Love 4

Good for her. I'm glad she chose the guy. At this point in her life, she might as well go for love. I think if this relationship has any chance of working out long term, it's in everyone's best interest to stay off reality television. She wants love, she wants the husband. She doesn't want to be alone. She wants to be with this guy, in the same city. Go for it. If it works out, awesome. If it doesn't, at least she went all in. And the last thing she needs are these bitter, nosy, harping women like Sonja and Dorinda being negative and trying to bring her down. 

• Love 11

Not a fan of the ultimatum, but it could be he knew the relationship had no chance of working if she stayed on the show. I just hope he is worth it and they have a long healthy marriage.

I will miss having her on the show.

• Love 5

I'm not a big fan of ultimatums, but I actually can understand one regarding putting a couple's private life on television. I think a partner has every right to say you do what you want to do, but then let's go our separate ways. But if this is going to work between us, I want no part of our lives being broadcast on bravo. I don't know - I personally think wanting privacy in a relationship is a legitimate relationship dealbreaker/non-negotiable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I think the word "ultimatum" automatically puts it/him in a negative connotation, but actually, it's a discussion about their future, done while contemplating marriage.  It's what every couple should do, and damn few actually do.

A 5-yr old would know that the marriage would likely be doomed if she stayed on the show, commuting between Chicago and New York (and beyond).  Bravo television doesn't exactly have a great record for healthy marriages.  The advice offered from the likes of Sawyna, Ramona, and Luann would be immeasurably helpful wouldn't it?

Edited to add:  I am fully aware that my sentence structure resembles that of ^said 5-yr old.  It's too screwed up to fix.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I think if a marriage is solid, it would last regardless. Bring on a reality might help expose cracks that already exits in the marriage, but if it's built on a solid foundation - as it was with Jill, Alex, Heather, Kristen, and Aviva - then the marriage should be ok.

• Love 2