Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

Idk, something about this NY Post story does not ring true to me.

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/15/tinsley-mortimer-is-in-survival-mode-to-stay-on-rhony/'

Tinz denies it & says someone in the cast (who wants her out) planted it.  Now that makes sense.  Yeah, she doesn't have much going on in her life now, but she has potential -- and she is the only one in the cast who actually is a blue-blood type, which I'm sure the producers love about her.  So I don't think she's going anywhere -- as long as she wants to do the show.

The question is, who would plant this story?  My guess is Moaner.  I doubt Bethenny would bother.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/15/tinsley-mortimer-is-in-survival-mode-to-stay-on-rhony/'

Tinz denies it & says someone in the cast (who wants her out) planted it.  Now that makes sense.  Yeah, she doesn't have much going on in her life now, but she has potential -- and she is the only one in the cast who actually is a blue-blood type, which I'm sure the producers love about her.  So I don't think she's going anywhere -- as long as she wants to do the show.

The question is, who would plant this story?  My guess is Moaner.  I doubt Bethenny would bother.

My guess is Sonja. She seems to be the one who continues to have issues with her.

Or maybe it was...

lisa vanderpump GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

Yup, I forgot that Sonja has a history of planting negative stories in The Post.  Supposedly she did it to Lu & Dorinda.  And Sonja does have this never-ending feud with her.  Eh, I think she’s just pea-green jealous of Tinz, that she’s much younger & a true blue-blood.

Don’t completely dismiss that piece in The Post.  What I think they got right was that Tinz’s friends in NYC high society are not up for joining the show.  Now that, I believe.

Keep in mind, Tinz was in a very different position than any of her blue-blood friends.  She was a mug-shot outcast from high society.  Her rep was already badly trashed, so she had nothing to lose by joining the show.  

I could see Mooch’s wife joining the show cuz she’s a nobody & what’s she got to lose?  But Cornelia Guest?  She may be sort of an attention-ho, but I doubt she’d trash whatever rep she still has & I bet her family would discourage her from having to do with anything as “low rent” as this show.  And I bet Tinz’s other middle-aged friends would do the same.

Casting Millenials willing to make fools of themselves on reality Tv is super easy.  But casting rich Boomers & Gen X’ers is trickier — especially anyone in NYC high society.  I can see why producers are having trouble finding anyone — particularly in NYC, where career & image are highly important.  And those middle-agers who are established may not be up for trashing their reps — in NYC.  Very diff in NYC than LA.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Or Luanne.

• Love 2
On 6/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, LilaFowler said:

Sonja is the one who runs to Page Six constantly and has done so before about Tinsley. It's either her or Ramona.

Sonja has apparently done it a lot, but my guess is Ramona.  Sonja seems to still have a storyline, but Ramona is pretty much just out of story.  Andy has always said that they let people go when their story has run it's course and there isn't anything left with Ramona that I can see.  Watching her date isn't all that much fun, since the dates are all the same.  We've been there done that with her business stuff and she's increasingly desperate with her product pitches (holding up her Ageless by Ramona while they are trying to talk Sonja into going to the AA meeting).  Her kid is an adult, her divorce is over.  She's just done and I think she knows it.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Look at that photo of Tinsley, she’s adorable and youthful.  She is really starting to come into her own this year.  

Ramona is an ass for telling her she wears too much makeup.  Ramona was just jealous that Brett texted Tinsley for the drink.  While I’m on the subject of Brett, why shouldn’t Tinsley date anyone and everyone.  You never know when lightning strikes.  Hope we see her again next year.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 23

She’s doing wonderful charity work, hands on fighting the torture and massacre of dogs in China during Yulin and dog cat meat trade. ❤️ it takes a strong and brave woman to stand up for the defenseless in violent situations. 

• Love 18
On 6/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, Clare said:

Good for Tinsley.  Hope this cheers her up.  A good cause and those puppies are adorable.  She's got several photos on her feed with her trip to China and lots of dogs  that need homes.  

Dang! I want this to be her storyline!!!!!

• Love 14
On 6/22/2019 at 9:32 AM, Emmeline said:

Look at that photo of Tinsley, she’s adorable and youthful.  She is really starting to come into her own this year.  

Ramona is an ass for telling her she wears too much makeup.  Ramona was just jealous that Brett texted Tinsley for the drink.  While I’m on the subject of Brett, why shouldn’t Tinsley date anyone and everyone.  You never know when lightning strikes.  Hope we see her again next year.

You might be on to something! One of the weirdest things about the Tinsley gang up was how late it started. It didn't really begin in earnest until late in the Miami trip. All of a sudden Tinsley was an aging Blanche DuBoise who count buy gum with Dorinda and Sonija asking her which of Scott's favorite "activities" Tinsley engaged in to get the money. I can actually see Ramona being so bent out of shape that Tinsley got a date with the guy she wanted that she wound Dorinda and Sonjia up about Tinsley and Scott as punishment. She is defiantly that crazy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The weird thing is that the women really have no reason to gang up on Tinsley, so this petty thing that isn't even a thing is the one thing that kind of gives her a storyline. There is a part of me that wonders if Ramona actually likes Tinsley and was basically trying to throw her an apple by creating some kind of conflict with her and keep her relevant. I think Sonja is too jealous and spiteful to do that though and Dorinda just seems mean. It will be interesting to see what is said at the reunion. Bethenny seemed legit annoyed about Tinsley not living in New York or something and I don't think she's the type to really help someone out, especially someone younger, prettier, etc. So who knows!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, divsc said:

There is a part of me that wonders if Ramona actually likes Tinsley and was basically trying to throw her an apple by creating som

I don’t really see Ramona having any more of a storyline than Tinsley.

• Love 12

Tinsley Mortimer’s mom confirms daughter’s fling with Billy Bush

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/10/tinsley-mortimers-mom-confirms-daughters-fling-with-billy-bush/?_ga=2.38671520.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

Breaking news lol. I don't see this as anything more than a fling. I thought it was funny when Andy asked Bethenny on a WWHL about it and B was basically like (paraphrased), "Well they are both kind of canoodlers so I can see it." Sounds about right - this is merely a canoodling. If it's even still happening!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, divsc said:

Tinsley Mortimer’s mom confirms daughter’s fling with Billy Bush

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/10/tinsley-mortimers-mom-confirms-daughters-fling-with-billy-bush/?_ga=2.38671520.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

Breaking news lol. I don't see this as anything more than a fling. I thought it was funny when Andy asked Bethenny on a WWHL about it and B was basically like (paraphrased), "Well they are both kind of canoodlers so I can see it." Sounds about right - this is merely a canoodling. If it's even still happening!

To have to settle for a guy like Billy Bush has to be depressing.

• Love 9

Her wishes and intent are really not a secret, so I would rather that he just stop fooling with her, if he isn't on the same path to marriage and possibly children.  It really isn't mature nor fair of him to continue with this boomerang nonsense if he isn't it for the the long haul.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I read that Scott dumped her again after filming. She needs to move on to a new guy who likes her for who she is. If I can find it again I’ll post a link. 

The above picture is from yesterday. They have been off since last year and are still filming. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

BWAH!!!! Let me buy you a drink Friend..........

And then we can spark a fattie 😉

Dude is establishing a pattern, and I don't think Tinsley is aware of it. If it were another HW on another franchise, or even Luann, I wouldn't care, but It's Tinsley on NY, and I've developed a soft spot for her, and I don't like what he's doing. He's shown signs of being an opportunistic leech before, with the commercials, but this is starting to get out of hand. imo.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Dude is establishing a pattern, and I don't think Tinsley is aware of it. If it were another H

Not really, they have broken up just as many times when she wasnt filming or about to as they have after it was over. Basically the main pattern seems to be an unhealthy relationship and she could do better.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
On 10/24/2019 at 8:53 PM, chewycandy said:

Scott isn’t even that much of a catch. She can do better and should. 

Seriously. This makes me very sad for her. Scott needs to either shit or get off the toilet—I hate the way he keeps jerking her around. Either give the woman the stable relationship/marriage she obviously wants or MOVE ON. 

I get a major Blanche Dubois vibe from Tinsley, and the desperation to cling to a relationship with Scott only enhances that vibe: the fading Southern Belle who still lives in her glamorous past, always looking back at her glory days as the prettiest girl in town whom all the single men wanted yet she never quite landed that ‘big fish’ she felt she truly deserved. That said, surely she can do better than that puffy commitment phobic dork Scott.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I have really come to enjoy Tinsley on the show.  I just keeping thinking that marriages can be bumpy enough as time goes by, they shouldn’t be so during the honeymoon stage.  How many times have they been on and off?  Oh well, I’ll miss her if she leaves but I wish her the best.  I’m not sure how Ramona, Sonja, Luman and Dorinda  can carry the show.  Seriously, I was watching LuAnn on the Jenny McCarthy show, Lu wasn’t in the shot I could only hear her talking, until they panned over I thought it was a man’s voice.

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I'll miss her too, and I really wish she wasn't leaving for a guy who may or not be there for her in the future. Granted, she clearly doesn't need this job from a financial standpoint, but still, he better be worth it.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I'll miss her too, and I really wish she wasn't leaving for a guy who may or not be there for her in the future. Granted, she clearly doesn't need this job from a financial standpoint, but still, he better be worth it.

I love Tinsley for the NY franchise even though she doesn't live here

I don't think she quit. I think it's the usual - Tinsley's only story line is her Fakelationship with Scott. Every time the show is on break, they are filming, or the show is about to air - Tinsley stays in the tabloids by letting out some story about her and Scott.

I also think she is NOT  fiscally solvent - this is one of the main reasons she stays with Scott - even on the down low - he may pay a few of her expenses such as rent.

If she was financially flush (like she was when she first separated from Topper), she'd be out partying, shopping and going after the guys that do it for her (late 20's early 30's - athletic). Those days are over - she went through her settlement like her father did with his inheritance

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Did Tinsley mention before that she went on RHONY for the opportunities it would open up, or did I conjure that in my head?

I hate that she’s leaving the show to be with some on-again, off-again boyfriend, but if the show was just a business opportunity for her and she can find a better ROI in this guy, I guess I can’t knock her for it.

Dale sure is gonna miss those cameras.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, link417 said:

Did Tinsley mention before that she went on RHONY for the opportunities it would open up, or did I conjure that in my head?

I hate that she’s leaving the show to be with some on-again, off-again boyfriend, but if the show was just a business opportunity for her and she can find a better ROI in this guy, I guess I can’t knock her for it.

Dale sure is gonna miss those cameras.

I think she focused on trying to re-enter the society scene and opportunities to redefine herself to New York society, which prompted Carole to recommend that Tinsley stop dressing in ruffles and bows, cut her hair, and maybe go a shade darker with her hair. Carole was not wrong. Tinsley acted like Carole recommened that she cut off her feet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I just stumbled into this thread and now I'm glad I did.    I had no idea that Tinsley was leaving the show.   It doesn't really matter whether she stays or goes because she's so irrelevant.    She must have finally realized that she was never going to be welcomed back into New York society.   If they didn't want her back before she joined the cast of RHONY, they sure as hell wouldn't want her back now.  

• Love 5