Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The time she was admitted to the hospital and got staples in her head, she went back to his house less than a week later. Hid in a bedroom I believe but I don’t recall the exact details. What in the actual f*ck, what was she doing there and why wasn’t there a PFA on both counts? Where the F was her mother?

I knew she was unstable but I didn’t realize how unstable until I started reading about her life post-Topper and pre-RHoNY. I don’t think signing with Bravo was the best decision she could have made and I really hope for the sake of her mental health she doesn’t get a new contract. A couple other posters mentioned they wouldn’t want her to return so she could spend an entire new season crying her eyes out about Scott, and I agree.

This business about him trying to communicate the breakup to her for several months is interesting considering her past behavior. I hope she gets the help she needs.

You’ve made some great posts.  I thought it was weird that Scott came forward with the breakup news before Tinsley.  It has also been reported that Scott claims they’ve been broken up since early this year.  Considering her previous relationship, maybe she just didn’t get it and thought they would reconcile yet again.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

You’ve made some great posts.  I thought it was weird that Scott came forward with the breakup news before Tinsley.  It has also been reported that Scott claims they’ve been broken up since early this year.  Considering her previous relationship, maybe she just didn’t get it and thought they would reconcile yet again.  

Or maybe Scott was the controlling fuckboi that everyone has stated he was since they met!

• Love 13
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The time she was admitted to the hospital and got staples in her head, she went back to his house less than a week later. Hid in a bedroom I believe but I don’t recall the exact details. What in the actual f*ck, what was she doing there and why wasn’t there a PFA on both counts? Where the F was her mother?

knew she was unstable but I didn’t realize how unstable until I started reading about her life post-Topper and pre-RHoNY. I don’t think signing with Bravo was the best decision she could have made and I really hope for the sake of her mental health she doesn’t get a new contract. A couple other posters mentioned they wouldn’t want her to return so she could spend an entire new season crying her eyes out about Scott, and I agree.

This business about him trying to communicate the breakup to her for several months is interesting considering her past behavior. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Her pattern is so sad.  It’s extremely difficult for the justice system to do, ahem, justice when the case relies so heavily on eyewitness testimony, and the eyewitness (Tinsley) refuses to so much as sign an affidavit, yet keeps returning to the scene of the ongoing crime for two and a half years.  I’ve posted this article before, below, in an episode thread.  I like using this article, because it is extremely sympathetic to Tinsley, so I think it would be hard to claim bias against her, yet her dysfunction is still as plain as the tiny nose on her face:

https://pagesix.com/2016/04/16/the-tragic-downfall-of-new-yorks-hottest-socialite/

From the article: her life had already been derailed a decade ago because she voluntarily starred in a reality show, “unhealthy” relationship pattern for years, “continued to date [after significant mayhem]”, friends commenting that she has “growing up” to do, and “she doesn’t understand that the dance is over” when it comes to eligible bachelors.  This sounds mighty familiar to me.  🤔

This is a 45 year old woman who acts like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan circa 2000!  She was 40 at the time of this article, which still made her 20 years too old to carry on like this.  (Since this is not the Nico Fanjul thread, it’s not relevant for me to comment on what has been alleged about his behavior).  With regard to Tinsley, there have clearly been regular bouts with very destructive alcohol consumption, so how did she reach the conclusion that post-arrest would be an appropriate time to join a reality show that is notorious for heavy drinking women?  (The show wasn’t as bad with alcohol when Tinsley joined as it is now, but it wasn’t the Temperament Housewives of New York City either.  Home girl was not in any position to star in the show that gave us Turtle Time IMO).  This was a really irresponsible decision for Tinsley to make.  It makes me so sad that Dale enabled this, but Tinsley claims to be an adult, so she gets to make her own choices. 

What I also found interesting about this article was that Tinsley made a cameo on Gossip Girl, because when I first heard she was joining this show, I was crestfallen, and thought RHNYC was going to turn into Gossip Girl because of her.  PS Tinsley turned out to be exactly the way I predicted she would be, unlike Jules and Kristen, who came on as sort of weak characters, but showed some gumption somewhere along the way.  Even Alex found her voice.  

My prediction for what will happen next comes straight from the article—crying and screaming about Scott’s new girlfriend or wife, someone who another posted predicted will materialize within 6-12 months.  If Tinsley doesn’t get help, it’s my opinion that it’s just a matter as to whether her outbursts will make the press.  Scott seems like the type to be willing to pay mucho bucks to keep things quiet, but even he seems like he’s reached a limit.  I have a feeling he rues the day that he decided to fucks wit Tinsley Mortimer.  Just reading the tea leaves...she seems like a bunny burner.  A bunny burner who shops at the best stores and eats at the best restaurants I guess. 🙆‍♀️

She needs more help than I had previously thought.  And this gives me no greater pleasure to write in 2021 than it did in 2019—she has so much more in common with Sonja than I used to think.  If instead of going to rehab, she comes back to the show (which would be her third foray into NY society and her third foray into reality TV) to cry about Scott and she were to get sympathy, as if this were normal or unavoidable, I think I’m out, which is just as well.  I’m kind of looking for an escape route anyway!  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Her pattern is so sad.  It’s extremely difficult for the justice system to do, ahem, justice when the case relies so heavily on eyewitness testimony, and the eyewitness (Tinsley) refuses to so much as sign an affidavit, yet keeps returning to the scene of the ongoing crime for two and a half years.

And that’s just it. She kept bringing up how powerful his family is. But they weren’t driving her to his house time and time again to get in fights and get beaten up by a 30-year old. She was doing that. In Dale’s car. And she had already turned 40 when the arrest happened. 41 when the agreement was reached. She didn’t live with him so she wasn’t trapped in a domestic situation she couldn’t physically get out of. She put herself there, knowing it would happen again and knowing she’d never press charges against him. That’s why I have a really hard time feeling bad for her, except that it is clear she is unstable and she isn’t receiving help. And that is indeed very sad. I don’t care how many times someone apologizes. If you don’t have the wear with all to walk away and stay away after having been physically assaulted (or dumped as it were), your problems are bigger than an abusive ex-boyfriend.

I think the childlike routine with the crying  meltdowns and the sugary sweet persona are manipulative. She wants to be pitied for the way she has allowed other people to treat her.

I also believe that Andy did her no favors by hiring her to the show when they did. She wasn’t in a good place (was she ever?) ETA: “My lifestyle has not changed my entire life,” Tinsley, 43, told Andy Cohen. “When I moved into Sonja Morgan’s place my head was not on straight.”

The ink on the no contact agreement wasn’t even dry, and when it was she said she felt “vindicated” which makes no sense. The terms were against her and in exchange the charges were dropped. That’s not vindication. It’s a really elaborate restraining order.

I’ve often wondered why she doesn’t go live in the Newport condo for a year or two and just chill OUT. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I’ve often wondered why she doesn’t go live in the Newport condo for a year or two and just chill OUT.

You’ve made some really great points. I’m going to be snarky and say maybe it’s not exciting enough for her? During polo season at least, shouldn’t that be interesting enough for her? Maybe it would be boring during the cold winter, but hey, she moved to Chicago which is freezing in the winter. Looks like if she’s single, I think she just wants to mingle and maybe that’s why. But yeah, a time out would be good for her soul.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

My feelings regarding Tinsley are that it's like she escaped from a Tennessee Williams play. She's the last of a dying breed of women. I think of her as the epitome of Ms. Anne's last stand for relevance in American society. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 3/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't feel sorry for her, if she uses this experience as a life lesson that when someone shows you who they are, believe them.  This was not out of the blue behavior for Scott, she had experienced a break up or two with him yet went back for more.  Maybe she should put on her big girl panties and take care of herself now.  

On 3/20/2021 at 2:26 PM, StevenGuy said:

I was looking for this exact quote from KungFuBunny since I always thought you were so spot on about Tinsley and didn’t mince words when it came to her “inheritance”. I remember reading it around the time she got engaged and thinking it was prescient. 

Fast forward to today when I found out the news about Tinsley. Like another poster, I figured she and Scott maybe more stable at this point. Nope. Though I forgot the part about Scott being an “on again/ off again fiancée”, I just remember the part where he will never marry her. KungfuBunny, you maybe right, they maybe off and on engaged? This merry go round may circle back again. I suspect Scott found someone else who he will eventually marry and have kids with. 

Is it possible to not feel bad for Tinsley and to feel bad for Scott?

From the jump, Tinsley presented herself as a hard drinking, sexually aggressive, party girl. She knew squat about him and stuck her tongue down his throat within 10 minutes. She did the same with bowling ball guy, Chad. I think Scott was all for that. He bought into what she was selling – a single gal who just wanted to have a good time nothing serious.

He wasn't against getting some free advertising for his Coupon gig but he should have refrained from paying to make a commercial with Tinsley, Dorinda and John. I highly doubt Coupon Cabin had any surge of revenue from the ad spots, he wasted his money.

Tinsley dresses and acts like a teenager but the woman is 45 years old. She didn’t go from being the young bride of Topper to Scott. She had many relationships in between. They showed the many dates she had on her other reality show and she was dating some fake prince.

Has anyone else noticed that she calls out all of her exes for being extremely controlling? She did this with Topper when they separated. She said this about that fake prince dude. She said that about Nico and she said this about Scott.

Tinsley definitely has 2 types of guys she goes for. When she had money from her divorce settlement - she goes for brunette, younger – in their 20’s with slim/athletic bodies. This is the type that rings all her bells. When she first separated from Topper, she didn’t have that much of a problem attracting them because she was only in her 30’s but she acts like a squeeing teen. Sort of like her handbag line – it did really well when it first came out – because all the rich Japanese teens thought she was a socialite like Paris Hilton. Her line tanked once they found out how old she was and that she was married to old money not born into it. This is the same way the guys she lands  react – they like it at first but then once they realize she’s 20 years older than she acts and bat shit crazy to boot – she’s dropped like a hot potato.

The 2nd type is doughy bod with money. She got Topper and she thought it was a good bet that she’d get Scott. But Scott from the jump never showed he wanted that deep of a relationship. He was an idiot for proposing.

I never bought her story of wanting kids. I don’t think she ever wanted kids. She was with Topper for 17 years and never has she spoken about fertility issues or how they tried for years to get pregnant. She had no problems crying over pictures of eggs she claimed mom demanded she freeze at 38. I think this was all a carefully created narrative Tinsley cooked up for the show.

As for Scott releasing a statement to People, good for him. This is the only statement I ever heard coming from his camp compared to the gazillion Tinsley has done in magazines, TV interviews, Social Media as well as on RHONY.

I think his comment and well as those coming from his friends are more believable. He ended it a while ago and Tinsley wouldn’t accept it. I don’t know how she can claim she’s been blindsided when they’ve broken off so many times for the same reason. It wouldn’t surprise me if Scott applies for and receives a non-trespass order/restraining order, Tinsley already admitted she hooked up with a guy from Chicago during one of their breakups hoping to ”bump” into Scott.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This is a 45 year old woman who acts like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan circa 2000! 

And that's been my problem with Tinsley all along.  It's like she never got over/moved past being NYC's "It Girl" in her 20s.  Really, she acted like an immature teenage girl but in reality was a middle aged woman.  A beautiful woman, but in her 40s nonetheless. 

She stayed stuck in that place where she wouldn't start her life without a man.  She lived in temporary places (with Sonja and then a hotel) when she had enough money to buy an apartment and make it her own.  She cried over frozen eggs that she could have had IVF and implanted any time but chose to make her crazy expensive little dogs her babies.   She tried on wedding dresses,  on camera no less, without being engaged.     

When she fell at Scott's feet at her door I wanted to tell Scott to turn around and run for his life!  She was going to make him completely responsible for her happiness and that never ever works out well.   And beyond that - even PageSix knew she was a bunny burner.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

And that's been my problem with Tinsley all along.  It's like she never got over/moved past being NYC's "It Girl" in her 20s.  Really, she acted like an immature teenage girl but in reality was a middle aged woman.  A beautiful woman, but in her 40s nonetheless. 

She stayed stuck in that place where she wouldn't start her life without a man.  She lived in temporary places (with Sonja and then a hotel) when she had enough money to buy an apartment and make it her own.  She cried over frozen eggs that she could have had IVF and implanted any time but chose to make her crazy expensive little dogs her babies.   She tried on wedding dresses,  on camera no less, without being engaged.     

When she fell at Scott's feet at her door I wanted to tell Scott to turn around and run for his life!  She was going to make him completely responsible for her happiness and that never ever works out well.   And beyond that - even PageSix knew she was a bunny burner.  

In reality - she was never the NY "It Girl". She tried to promote herself that way and did get some coin initially. The majority of her success was because she was the wife of a Mortimer. She got either Chanel or Dior to name a pink lipstick after her while married to Topper. Her Handbag line did well in Asia - this also started while she was still married to Topper. She's not old money, she was not born into the socially elite. Her grandparents made enough money in their business, which Tinsley's dad inherited and Dale squirrelled enough away to send Tinsley and Dabney to an elite school to land a husband.

I agree that she could have implanted those eggs at any time had she really wanted kids - I don't think she ever did. First her mom had to convince her to freeze them when she was 38. I think she uses whatever man she is with as an excuse of why she can't get pregnant yet. As she did with Scott, oh we're not even engaged. Oh, I want to be married first and then get pregnant. If she were ever serious about getting pregnant - she should have been getting her body ready to gestate. I never saw her slowing down on the hard liquor intake.

I think Tinsley is into the "fantasy" she has in her head about marriage and babies. Fantasy as in the wedding - buying the dress, setting the date, setting the venue, picking the cake, sending the invites not the actual "marriage". Fantasy as in holding a baby - dressing it up, showing him'/her off not the actual colic, crying, late night feeds, teething, 103 temperatures, doctor visits.

I don't want Tinsley back on NY if all she will do is cry about Scott. I wish she'd just be honest and say I need a man to fund my lifestyle - which doesn't mean husband - I'd have some respect for her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

RHONY does not need her back.  She was never a big part of the show to begin with.  I am so over hearing about fairy tale endings, blah, blah, blah.  The 2 of them have been on and off for years.  The red flags were blaring that this relationship was doomed.

• Love 11

The first trashy reality show that Tinsley was on, High Society (2010), is on YouTube. I watched the first episode and had to laugh: one of her friends tells the camera that Tinsley is "self-absorbed and dresses like a teenager." She hasn't matured since her high school days and at 45, she looks ridiculous. I predict that she, Dabney and Dale are eventually going to languish in a dilapidated condo in Palm Beach, moaning about how they used to be elite-adjacent.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

From the jump, Tinsley presented herself as a hard drinking, sexually aggressive, party girl.

You bring up a good point. Topper's parents didn't like Tinsley. They were the ones who forced Topper and Tinsley to annul their elopement and she was quoted as saying “Topper, his family just hated that I was out there getting photographed all the time" (Vulture article) Nico Fanjul's parents didn't like Tinsley either and Nico/Tinsley had to see each other on the sly. I think there is something to the fact that she actually is a hard drinking, sexually aggressive, party girl who craves the spotlight, underneath the supposedly sweet exterior. And I guess that should be fine but it doesn't get you far in polite society, her part in which she lost a long, long time ago and she can't give up the ghost. 

ETA: The life and times of Sonja Morgan should be a cautionary tale. 

ETA2: I haven't seen this one before: Tinz & Topp in Tears (oof)

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

In reality - she was never the NY "It Girl". She tried to promote herself that way and did get some coin initially. The majority of her success was because she was the wife of a Mortimer.

Interesting @KungFuBunny.  I live a long long way from NYC (physically and culturally) so I was just going by that PageSix article.  

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Tinsley is into the "fantasy" she has in her head about marriage and babies. Fantasy as in the wedding - buying the dress, setting the date, setting the venue, picking the cake, sending the invites not the actual "marriage". Fantasy as in holding a baby - dressing it up, showing him'/her off not the actual colic, crying, late night feeds, teething, 103 temperatures, doctor visits.

This!  These are the fantasies I had as a middle school girl who grew up in a homogeneous suburb.  But I grew out of it before I got out of my teens.  

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Yes, except Sonja seems to actually be enjoying her life now.  Finally.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

You bring up a good point. Topper's parents didn't like Tinsley. They were the ones who forced Topper and Tinsley to annul their elopement and she was quoted as saying “Topper, his family just hated that I was out there getting photographed all the time" (Vulture article) Nico Fanjul's parents didn't like Tinsley either and Nico/Tinsley had to see each other on the sly. I think there is something to the fact that she actually is a hard drinking, sexually aggressive, party girl who craves the spotlight, underneath the supposedly sweet exterior. And I guess that should be fine but it doesn't get you far in polite society, her part in which she lost a long, long time ago and she can't give up the ghost. 

Interesting article that I never read before.  I always wondered who filed for divorce.  I think she made a mistake at that point.  She let her ego get the best of her and in the process made the biggest mistake of her life.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Wow. I hadn't seen that before either! That is quite the article. And Dale emailing the reporter is just a little weird!!! Who does that?!

Meanwhile, somewhere in Palm Beach, a southern belle is weeping. “Every mother wants her daughter to marry a man who she KNOWS will love her forever and … who will be an amazing father to their children,” says Dale Mercer in an e-mail to me. “This IS Topper so, of course, as a mother who adores and wants the best happiness for her daughter, I am crushed by what has happened. I have not given up hope.”

European titles mean nothing to Ms. Mercer: “I am more concerned with one’s character,” she says. “Casimir is a handsome, charming, urbane, and glib man. Topper asked him to step aside and give him (Topper) a chance to reclaim his marriage. Though he told Topper he would do this, he has NOT. I believe that Tinsley is confused, and she needs time by herself to sort things out.”

Edited by divsc
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, divsc said:

Wow. I hadn't seen that before either! That is quite the article. And Dale emailing the reporter is just a little weird!!! Who does that?!

Well, there’s Dale and there is (can’t think of anyone else)....

• LOL 10
20 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think the childlike routine with the crying  meltdowns and the sugary sweet persona are manipulative. She wants to be pitied for the way she has allowed other people to treat her.

🤙 Preach.

4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Tinsley most definitely attempted to manipulate through her personas.  The article above—which is a doozy—pretty much proves that. The author of the article—who was in direct contact with Tinsley—said that “She learned how every detail—the curl of your hair, the width of your smile—had a role to play.”  New York Magazine is a pretty unimpeachable source.  

This article confirms that Tinsley did to Topper more or less what Scott did to Tinsley.  He wanted her to have a baby, but she wouldn’t do it because—as she shouted across the table to Topper—she wanted to be skinny for MTV?  And I and many other viewers felt sorry for her because she didn’t have a child?  Any cosmic sympathy I had is shrinking rapidly.  What goes around comes around is a son of a bitch.  

The more I read about this woman, the more I trust my spidey sense.  The handbag line was handed to her, as I suspected.  She was in the right place (East Hampton) at the right time when a designer needed a model.  There’s no there there.  The more I learn, the more Tinsley’s story reminds me of Luann’s.  Except the part about running away from her husband to be with a prince—that sounds like Sonja; Luann only did this to a boyfriend.

The thing that bothers me that has not been said in this thread yet, is that Luann got so much shit for all the hand ups she’s gotten from men and her good looks, but somehow Tinsley is unimpeachable?  I think this has more to do with the fact that Luann is tall and has a deep voice than people realize. Tinsley purposely presents herself as this delicate thing—almost inhuman, like a doll—and a lot of us just fall for it and assume she’s delicate, delicious, and innocent, but she’s none of those things.  She’s calculated to within an inch of her life.  She’s more of an idea than a person, much like Patrick Bateman.

I’ve posited this before in an episode thread, but I don’t think Tinsley would be handled with such kid gloves if she were poor and/or less attractive.  Even though this is a part of human nature, I find it disturbing.  If Tinsley looked like Crazy Eyes from Orange Is The New Black, she would be nobody’s victim.  Similarly, if Tinsley were still physically Tinsley, but she came from Brooklyn-Brooklyn (not Alex’s posh neighborhood), but, say East New York, and she dressed like Meredith from The Office (who she is starting to resemble, not for nothing), she also wouldn’t be given a pass.  (FTR, I’m claiming looks-ism, not classism, and certainly not racism.) 

But this?

13BEC2F2-19EF-4105-BE94-AD6DA89B1C45.jpeg.90766dcfe2fa60ced3827cf97d05505b.jpeg

doesn’t deserve any more more deference than this 

43D31D46-B428-40F7-869B-02FC10187F2B.jpeg.435d12af4714d65db7e44f9fda0c3c49.jpeg
because at the end of the day, we’re all people, and we should be judged on the content of our character. When Barbara K—who exhibited a personality not very dissimilar from Tinsley’s, both of them being kind of mild-mannered until they weren’t—comes on the show and gets treated just as good as Tinsley, I’ll stop talking about this issue.

Not to mention that Carole told the press that “When Tinsley flew her glam team with her for a group trip to Cartagena, all hell broke loose... [because] they were there for Tinsley only.”  In the same article, Carole mentions that this was kept off camera.  I thought we were supposed to “mention it all.”  Why do Erika Girardi and Dorit from RHBH get so much shit (rightfully) for their glam squads, but Tinsley’s got to keep hers off the air completely, which led to the narrative that she was low-maintenance?  I suspect this is because she was a pet of Andy’s.  I don’t like preferential treatment like this, as it plays the audience for a fool, so I’m happy to call it out. 

Thankfully, each woman is an individual, because if we were judged as a group, Bethenny would have been right, and Tinsley’s behavior would have set us back 100 years. 

Unless more comes out (a topic about which I’m ambivalent), I still don’t feel sorry for Scott.  He had just as much info available to him about how she’s carried on with men in the past as the rest of us did, and for whatever reason, he chose to put a ring on it.  I’m sure he was enjoying all the sex, all the covid vacuuming and cleaning she bragged of, and he is a big boy who could have walked away from this black, black widow, baby, but he chose not to, so he can save his tears for the pillow too.  

• Love 11

Never a big fan of Tinsley, (her dramatics, lack of taking emotional care of herself, creepy pixie screaming bugged me, wedding dress shopping with no wedding) but Dorinda's targeted and escalating darkness minimized her princess immaturity to me. 

Her "friendship" with elite, intelligent Carole never made sense to me, as they appeared polar opposites, unless it was superficial, fake for the show, or a predator move on Carole's part. Then we were privy to the Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice Carole & Adam & Tinsley & Scott storyline, and my skepticism was put on hold. Until the reunion and Carole's cold dismissal of Tinsley.

I enjoyed Carole during the early seasons.  Looks like Tinsley was a safe place to land after the Bethenny landmine exploded and her friendship with Tinsley was nothing more than a means to an end.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Never a big fan of Tinsley, (her dramatics, lack of taking emotional care of herself, creepy pixie screaming bugged me, wedding dress shopping with no wedding) but Dorinda's targeted and escalating darkness minimized her princess immaturity to me. 

So on point for me.  Had Tinsley not gained so much sympathy because of Dorinda’s bullying and harassment, things might have been different.  Tinsley would have continued as a mediocre cast member who left the show for her man and Dorinda might still have her job.

• Love 10

I watched the Tinsley/Scott blind date episode on Peacock last night. What stood out to me that I did not notice before was Adam’s mouth gaping for most of the scenes in total disbelief of what was taking place in front of him, with the occasional side glance at Scott to see how he was reacting. Tinsley was really drunk, she talked about Topper and an unnamed ex way too much when she shouldn’t have brought them up at all, Carole had to intervene with a time out and then of course she put her tongue down Scott’s throat. And she showed up wearing her wedding band from her first marriage to Topper. I’d forgotten how bizarre the first date was.

My takeaway is Tinsley was not initially into Scott. She was just showing up for work. Scott knew it. I think he liked her at first and wooed her with his money, trying to get the girl she tried to portray herself to be (she was up here and he had not always been) and maybe they were infatuated with each other for a bit, but solid relationships aren’t built on infatuation and they usually don’t start out with 5-day dates. Boundaries people. She acted crazy, he initiated a classic narc move with the 5-day trip to Miami when they didn’t even know each other. It was an interesting walk down memory lane, knowing what the outcome would be 😬

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 3/24/2021 at 3:31 PM, Emmeline said:

Tinsley would have continued as a mediocre cast member who left the show for her man and Dorinda might still have her job.

If it wasn't Tinsley, it probably would've been someone else that got the verbal abuse that Dorinda was spewing.  She seems to become more unhinged with each season.  She needs some help, stat!

• Useful 3
  • Love 20

I’m still rooting for Tinsley to *finally* get her shit together and firmly settle into life as a strong single woman. And as much as I enjoyed her on this cast, I think it’d be best for her to not return to this show unless she happened to be visiting with Leah while filming. 

She’s been chasing rich men her entire life and obviously it’s not working out for her, so she needs to simply close that chapter already and focus on building a happy new life for herself and her two precious doggies.

Wish she’d pick a city to firmly settle into, stop renting overpriced hotel rooms/shacking up with rich guys/living with mom and just buy herself a nice condo or townhouse with all that money she supposedly has, and figure out what career pursuit would work out best for her. After all, if Kuckoo Kelly Bensimon was able to parlay her fame/contacts into a successful real estate career(she supposedly sold properties worth over 50 million last year alone!), anything is possible for Tinz. 

• Love 14

She needs drive and ambition. Two things that Dale never prepared her for. Well, Dale did give her drive to find a man and the ambition to find a rich one while at it. It hasn’t served her well. 

• Love 8
On 4/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, Mindthinkr said:

She needs drive and ambition. Two things that Dale never prepared her for. Well, Dale did give her drive to find a man and the ambition to find a rich one while at it. It hasn’t served her well. 

On 4/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, RedDelicious said:

....huh?

https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-magazine/may-2021/the-apple-that-made-tinsley-mortimer-cry/

Please don’t tell me she hasn’t left Chicago (for good). It’s not like she doesn’t have anywhere to go. 

I think Tinsley has lots of drive and ambition. 

She went to college, she played competitive tennis all through high school and college, she wrote a book, she managed to get on two reality shows and stay relevant in the media for a couple of different time periods, sits on the board of directors for PAWS Chicago, etc. 

IMO, Tinsley just wants the traditional family life - a husband, kids, and a house with a white picket fence high-rise penthouse.

I don't begrudge her for that in the same way I don't begrudge golddiggers who marry just for money.  It's just how they are wired and perhaps raised, and if it's what they want, and it doesn't hurt anyone else, go for it. Whatever floats your boat, right?

My only thought on Tinsley is that she might need to accept the idea that she may not get all that she wants. Many/most don't. I'd like to see her face up to this notion and turn course to find happiness and fullfillment in other ways.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 19

I was just coming from the point that the engagement has been broken off for over a month but the article makes it sound like she's still living in Chicago. Unless she got her own place. I don't think that is likely, because why, she has no friends there that aren't Scott's, and they all think she's crazy. So that would likely mean she's still living at Scott's. 

If I had a broken engagement over a month in the rear view mirror, I would have been starting my new life in the city of my choice, close to friends and my own family, for a few weeks already, regardless of charity commitments, which lets face it, are all virtual now anyway. I really hope she's not holding out for Scott and trying to get him back.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

....huh?

https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-magazine/may-2021/the-apple-that-made-tinsley-mortimer-cry/

Please don’t tell me she hasn’t left Chicago (for good). It’s not like she doesn’t have anywhere to go. 

I thought I had read navel-gazing garbage bullshit before, but I hadn’t read this.  She ate an apple on a mountain!  She wears lashes around her pets!  No more wine in the house, only tea!  Oh, did i mention that I don’t believe for a second there is not a healthy dose of vodka in the (probably several) teas she drinks at night?  

This was obviously a spin piece that her people put in the media to show us that she’s stable.  Funny how so many of us drew the complete opposite conclusion from it.  😄

On RHNJ season two, Dina Manzo famously once said of her colleague Danielle that “while we’re all having our tea at night, she’s plotting.”  I’m 99% sure Tinsley is doing both, and given the limited capacity she’s demonstrated on the show, probably “not well, bitch!” 😉

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This was obviously a spin piece that her people put in the media to show us that she’s stable.  Funny how so many of us drew the complete opposite conclusion from it.  😄

For sure. Also I would love to be able to afford fat camp for wealthy women. A week at The Ranch starts at $8,200. That's a lot of clams for the Covid-15 and an apple that makes you cry.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Tinsley has so much going for her. She's definitely not a person anyone needs to feel sorry for. She was blessed wealthy,she has the looks people love,men seem to love her appearance,and she is very protected and taken care of. Tinsley will be just fine. The only thing I think I can say I feel sorry for anything about Tinsley is her mom and she has a friend like Sonja. But I'm sure Tinsley is used to Sonjas and Dorindas but just not on tv.

Edited by ErikaAlyson
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
On 6/26/2017 at 2:22 PM, BBHN said:

I'm kind of thinking I want to watch that show, but I heard it was really, really bad. Is it as bad as people say it is?

I just watched it for the first time on the YouTube app on my tv. It's actually worse, if that's possible. The people in her circle and the way they behave and the things they say. I can't believe this was only 11 years ago.

There's just so much to unpack. You have to see it for yourself. My parting thought besides the outrageously bad behavior of the entire cast (except for Dabney, who seems like a decent person); those Samantha Thavasa bags were so, so awful and she did *not have her shit together. Tinsley dropping her samples out of their paper shopping bags from the factory on the rain soaked street and whining about it like a small child is a perfect example. I woke up at 5:30 to Topper in my living room and I came out of the bedroom naked because I don't wear clothes to sleep you guys we had breakup sex until he had to go to work and now my bags are all over the street wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It can be binged in less than three hours. It was so horribly bad I might watch it again 😄

ETA: There was no rain. I conflated it with another scene. But the boutique owner still hated the bags and was so polite about it.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

You said it all, @RedDelicious: and yes, those bags of hers were HIDEOUS!!! Looked like some of the cheap purses they sell at Charming Charlie. And the irony is that they probably started at $300.

The worst part of that HS series, beyond all the staged drama/godawful cast, was the way it ended so abruptly with Tinsley quickly saying she was going to go back to Topper, which obviously never happened and made zero sense whatsoever given the show’s original “she’s moving on” trajectory. I remember watching it and asking myself in shock, “Oh, this is the end?! Huh...”

• Love 3
On 3/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, escape said:

RHONY does not need her back.  She was never a big part of the show to begin with.  I am so over hearing about fairy tale endings, blah, blah, blah.  The 2 of them have been on and off for years.  The red flags were blaring that this relationship was doomed.

You aren't wrong, but I still like Tinsley.

She just needs to find, or rather develop, a niche for herself.  I've read that RHONY hopes to go more downtown and focus on self-made and entrepreneurial women.  We'll see if that rumor has any weight soon, but if it does, Tinsley wouldn't really fit in unless she finds a career or business or something substantive to do.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

What's really interesting to me is the number of articles that talk about how Tinsley was inspired by and aspired to be the next Tory Burch, and how there are many similarities between the two. Somewhat blue blood family heritage (by modern definition), private and boarding school educations, Ivy league degrees in Art History, early jobs in PR and a love of fashion. Both capitalized on their married last names. One of the primary areas where they diverge is actual skill in design.

Everybody knows that Tory Burch made a billion dollar company on inspiration from high-end designers. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but that *is the origin of many of her designs. Think YSL Muse vs. Amanda Dome or LV Speedy vs. Middy for example. She did it in a way that was subtle and tasteful. I've kept all of my TB bags and I love them.

I think Tinsley tried to do the same thing with her TM logo (even though I think it was a batman ugly knockoff of TB's Moroccan T logo). I think where she fell short was getting her inspiration from embellishments instead of actual designs. Like the Balenciaga motorcycle-esque clutches with the ruffle on them? Or her take on Chanel's chain bags. She tried to go a little AMQ with the plaid. Even the fringe clutch was a play on Stella McCartney. By comparison to Tory Burch it was like the purse party in season 6 of Sex and the City.

I think Tinsley *could have had long-term success in the handbag industry if she had actually focused on the business itself and not so much on her celebrity and trying to capitalize on it, which is what I learned about her from watching High Society. I think she thought because she was the It girl and she was being photographed all the time, that people would automatically want to carry the bag she was carrying, but not even her celebrity could make up for those god-awful designs. Tinsley hawks her handbags to Calypso. The verdict from the Guest of a Guest peanut gallery behind me: "I think the bags are shitty" and "They're all knockoffs." On the show she was so caught up in her own personal nonsense that the shitty bags never stood a chance. She was always running late, always doing things fast and it never appeared that she ever spent actual time researching style and design. She was just pulling from trends and, well, her own @ss. I don't even think she owned a computer. And here we are 11 years later. Yikes.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

What's really interesting to me is the number of articles that talk about how Tinsley was inspired by and aspired to be the next Tory Burch, and how there are many similarities between the two. Somewhat blue blood family heritage (by modern definition), private and boarding school educations, Ivy league degrees in Art History, early jobs in PR and a love of fashion. Both capitalized on their married last names. One of the primary areas where they diverge is actual skill in design.

Everybody knows that Tory Burch made a billion dollar company on inspiration from high-end designers. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but that *is the origin of many of her designs. Think YSL Muse vs. Amanda Dome or LV Speedy vs. Middy for example. She did it in a way that was subtle and tasteful. I've kept all of my TB bags and I love them.

I think Tinsley tried to do the same thing with her TM logo (even though I think it was a batman ugly knockoff of TB's Moroccan T logo). I think where she fell short was getting her inspiration from embellishments instead of actual designs. Like the Balenciaga motorcycle-esque clutches with the ruffle on them? Or her take on Chanel's chain bags. She tried to go a little AMQ with the plaid. Even the fringe clutch was a play on Stella McCartney. By comparison to Tory Burch it was like the purse party in season 6 of Sex and the City.

I think Tinsley *could have had long-term success in the handbag industry if she had actually focused on the business itself and not so much on her celebrity and trying to capitalize on it, which is what I learned about her from watching High Society. I think she thought because she was the It girl and she was being photographed all the time, that people would automatically want to carry the bag she was carrying, but not even her celebrity could make up for those god-awful designs. Tinsley hawks her handbags to Calypso. The verdict from the Guest of a Guest peanut gallery behind me: "I think the bags are shitty" and "They're all knockoffs." On the show she was so caught up in her own personal nonsense that the shitty bags never stood a chance. She was always running late, always doing things fast and it never appeared that she ever spent actual time researching style and design. She was just pulling from trends and, well, her own @ss. I don't even think she owned a computer. And here we are 11 years later. Yikes.

So many Samantha Thavasa bags are awful on my opinion. Even the non awful bags took their inspiration from another bag. Nicky Hilton had some in her ST line too. 
But you’re absolutely right! What it comes down to is lack of work ethic, getting distracted by whatever guy of the moment. She’s so busy being Tinsley the actual work never happens. Which is sad because with her connections she had the potential to create something really great. 

I loved and have pieces from her short lived home accessories collection. More collections, items were supposed to be released but never were. I wouldn’t be surprised if she missed meetings because she was on a 4 day date or following a guy around. 
I like Tinsley. I’d like to see her pursue something on her own terms and win! 

I also hope she was paid for those Coupon Cabin blogs. 

• Love 9

Tinsley has a new endeavor, a jewelry line collaboration with Jennifer Zeuner, XXO Tinsley.    Apparently she has been working on this for over a year.  It consists of 6 items.  Part of the proceeds are donated to an animal shelter.  

Let me just say I am a fan of Tinsley and I would like to see her succeed, however, the way the hoop is dragging down her earlobe is off putting.  To me all three styles of 2-1/2” hoops seem geared to a young demographic with very resilient lobes. 

7A4A941B-E009-4F8C-BDDA-741E8B63F0E7.jpeg

A6954376-24DA-43CA-B144-298DB82319F5.png

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Love the Tom Ford sunglasses though.

I have to agree, other than the stretched lobe she looks great in all of her recent Instagram posts. 

• Love 7