Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

The lashes look great! Now I’m ordering some. A lot of lashes don’t come with glue because for many it’s a personal preference. Some want the black glue for a little extra liner, some want the clear drying. 

I’m going to miss Tinsley. I liked the fluffiness she brought to the show. It helped balance out a lot of the awfulness. 

I ordered them too but haven't tried them yet! 😄

Mine didn't come with glue -- I got the "Graduate" set. 

Which ones are you getting? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought it was Carol who introduced Tinsley to Scott, not Sonja.  lol

It was, but Sonja is going to claim ownership based on the fact that Tinsley stayed with her initially, thereby facilitating her appearance on RHONY.  Certainly you can connect those dots!!

Idiot

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I ordered them too but haven't tried them yet! 😄

Mine didn't come with glue -- I got the "Graduate" set. 

Which ones are you getting? 

I’m trying all 3! I love lashes. I really love Winky Lux lip products so I know I’ll love the lashes. I always keep boxes of glue on hand. I need to stop being lazy and get back on lastisse. 

Sonja loves taking credit for everything! She’s probably trying to spin it all in to a finders fee. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought it was Carol who introduced Tinsley to Scott, not Sonja.  lol

Not to defend Sonja, who is an idiot, but she does say "and my co-star introduced you to Scott". But yes, Tins would never have met Scott without Sonja - lol. And Sonja would never have met old man Morgan without being a hostess, apparently. Did Sonja give credit to the restaurant where she was working for her marriage to Morgan? She really is a piece of work.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15

No, Sonja is not even remotely tied to the reason Tinsley met Scott.

Tinsley was coming back to NYC, one way or another, to revive her image.

Sonja was kind enough to give her a place to stay, but Tinsley would have found another place to stay.

So, no, Sonja.

• Love 23
(edited)
6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Not to defend Sonja, who is an idiot, but she does say "and my co-star introduced you to Scott

Because she is an asshole who refuses to even acknowledge that Carole was Tinsley’s co-star as well because they were all on the same Fucking show. 

Her and Dorinda embarrass themselves so much trying to be mean to Tinsley but just make themselves look like the jealous petty losers they are and Tinsley doesn’t even have to say a word:

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 22

Has there been any talk of Tinsley wanting to leave before the season began but the producers asking her to stay a bit because of Bethenny's abrupt exit?  I can't remember a housewife ever being allowed to leave mid-season for non-life-threatening reasons before.  

Sorry if this has been discussed in the episode thread.  I've haven't waded into that pool, yet.

• Love 8

Tinsley left abruptly because Scott gave her an ultimatum.

They went to Niagara Falls (yes, Dorinda....jeez), and he gave her an ultimatum:  Move to Chicago and be done with the show, or we're done.  

And then he built her a closet and a glam station, and they lived happily ever after....for about the next couple of years.  We'll see.

I'm not a Scott fan, and I think if Coupon Cabin King (or whatever his business name is) went Chapter 7, Tinsley would pull a Ramona and have a "coming out party" back in NY.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Not to defend Sonja, who is an idiot, but she does say "and my co-star introduced you to Scott". 

I suppose we should be happy that Sonja didn’t call Carole a supporting cast member or an extra.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

I LOVE that Tinsely got her man and told the BravHos sayonara! These hags drag out their the show and all end up embarrassments to their family and friends. Exhibits A - ad infinitude:

Ramoner, SonJa, LuMan, DUHrinda...

• Love 16
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

I LOVE that Tinsely got her man and told the BravHos sayonara! These hags drag out their the show and all end up embarrassments to their family and friends. Exhibits A - ad infinitude:

Ramoner, SonJa, LuMan, DUHrinda...

What I find interesting is that of the NY wives, only Luanne and Dorinda found new partners and we know how they worked out.  I don't know the dating world of women in their age group in that city, but its got to be very hard with very limited options.  However, all of them are good looking, in shape, have reasonable money (not a ton though other than Dorinda).  I often wonder if they weren't on the show, would they have a better chance of finding partners.

I don't begrudge Scott for not wanting a long-distance relationship and I don't think I bedgrudge him if he didn't want to be on the show - or if he didn't want his partner to be on the show.  It's a big deal and has lots of ramifications for significant others, I think.

I hope Tinsley pops in to NYC from time to time given her mother, etc.  That would be fun - and perhaps "just enough".

• Love 16

I am curious as to why some people link Ramona with the paupers. I am under the impression that she has done extremely well for herself before and during her marriage. While she definitely loves to impress, I don't think she would bankrupt herself to do it and that's not the kind of example she would set for Avery. As man-mad as she behaves, Ramona strives to be financially independent.

I have no idea what Dorina's financial situation is and Leah doesn't seem to have much.

• Love 16
On 6/15/2020 at 6:41 AM, Jextella said:

What I find interesting is that of the NY wives, only Luanne and Dorinda found new partners and we know how they worked out.  I don't know the dating world of women in their age group in that city, but its got to be very hard with very limited options. 

Two words: Harry Dubin

The scene can't be good if they all end up with Harry sooner or later.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, Midnight Cheese said:

Ben and Ronnie of the Watch What Crappens podcast pointed out that Tins actually got a lovely send-off. Past Hos got snark and ugly pictures for their last on-screen hurrah. I’m guessing that the producers liked her, that her good manners and lightness in terms of being consistently polite and considerate led to that. They all screw up, but Sonja’s diapers and size tags and pock-marked with mold accessories are always on screen, and even emphasized. Same with Dorinda having food on her lip in almost every restaurant scene.

I think the producers can’t make a mean person nice, but can show in the edit who is a nasty human, and who is good to be around. Just a theory!

I heard on a podcast a few seasons ago that the production crew really loved her because she was open, well mannered and easy to work with, professional. That sometimes she’d break the wall, offer drinks to the cameramen if they looked hot. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I almost never visit Ho's personal threads, but I want to state publicly how THRILLED I am for Tins. In fact, her arc is one of my favorites ever on the Housewives franchise.

She managed through all 4 of her seasons to be sweet, entertaining, uncomplicated, and relatable (on some level anyway). From arriving in NYC a notorious outcast to befriending the group, dealing with Sonja, dating  23-year-old, meeting and dating Scott on camera, losing Scott, trying to get Scott back, trying to find herself without Scott... it was a much more organic Sex and the City type of New York storyline. 

I love that she took off for Chicago and didn't look back. I'll miss her overly close relationship with Dale, her dogs, her fashion, her hotels, her bubbly demeanor... I could go on. She was never going to carry the franchise, but I genuinely enjoyed her nonetheless.

As a single woman in her 30s, it's heartening to see that it's not too late to get the storybook ending at 40-something. And I love that she lets no one dissuade her from a big poofy wedding gown or crying over embryos. I hope she gets everything she wants. Tins doesn't have a mean bone in her body and I wish her all the best. How great that someone who believed she could have it all actually got it all. 

I love every word of your post. I might add that I love that while Tinsley is now happily living in Chicago with the love of her life, Carole R. is still as far as I know (I don't follow her) single, and hawking her crap online. Carole treated Tinsley like feces on the bottom of her shoe, so I am glad karma has bitten Carole in her too skinny ass. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I love every word of your post. I might add that I love that while Tinsley is now happily living in Chicago with the love of her life, Carole R. is still as far as I know (I don't follow her) single, and hawking her crap online. Carole treated Tinsley like feces on the bottom of her shoe, so I am glad karma has bitten Carole in her too skinny ass. 

Why did Carole treat her badly?  I didn't notice it on the show.  I noticed the other bitter women especially Dorinda and Sonya being cruel for no reason.  

I hope Tinsley has a baby right away.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh lord, not me. No relationship with a history of breakups and commitment issues has ever improved by introducing a baby into the mix. 

I don’t think that’s true.  It’s not unusual at all for couples to break up more than once and eventually end up together for good.   We don’t know their personal history but something made them unable to stay away from each other.   I say a baby soon because of their ages.   If they were young and had no money then I would think a baby might be an added stressor.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lemons said:

Why did Carole treat her badly?  I didn't notice it on the show.  I noticed the other bitter women especially Dorinda and Sonya being cruel for no reason.  

I am a Carole fan, but it disappointed and surprised me when Carole denied being “good friends” with Tinsley. It hurt Tinsley’s feelings. They had been spending a lot of time together. I like to think that she denied being close to Tinsley only because Frankel kept bringing up the friendship, because it threatened her.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am a Carole fan, but it disappointed and surprised me when Carole denied being “good friends” with Tinsley. It hurt Tinsley’s feelings. They had been spending a lot of time together. I like to think that she denied being close to Tinsley only because Frankel kept bringing up the friendship, because it threatened her.

That’s sad.  The only ones that appeared to be real friends are Carol and Bethenny and carol and Tinsley.  The other ones appear to be  fake friends.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

That’s sad.  The only ones that appeared to be real friends are Carol and Bethenny and carol and Tinsley.  The other ones appear to be  fake friends.  

I agree. I liked Heather because she seemed to genuinely care about other people. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Lemons said:

Carole was terrible to Tinsley towards the end. At the reunion Carole insisted that they weren't close friends, and Tinsley, very hurt, said she thought they were. Carole carried on on SM, saying that she only became friends with Tinsley because the producers wanted her to as a storyline. This despite the fact that Carole introduced Tinsley to Scott, and the two couples often vacationed together outside of the show. 

11 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I don't know if that is karma, since Carole seems to be happy whether she is in a relationship or not.

Carole only ever seemed happy to me when she was with Adam. And despite her insistence that she had all kinds of projects in the works post RH, as far as I know she had faded into the woodwork, other than hawking products like vibrator necklaces. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Carole only ever seemed happy to me when she was with Adam.

Mileage varies then, I guess. She seems happy either way, whether single or in a relationship.

• Love 5

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I was watching America's Next Top Model Season 2. The girls had a session with a fitness trainer. I've seen these episodes a bunch of time but not in awhile. So I'm half watching/listening and suddenly I recognize the trainer as Tinsley's Martin! This was more than a decade ago so I double checked and, yep, that was him. He's older but hasn't changed much in attitude and that gravelly voice was there then too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 2:11 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

Carole only ever seemed happy to me when she was with Adam. And despite her insistence that she had all kinds of projects in the works post RH, as far as I know she had faded into the woodwork, other than hawking products like vibrator necklaces. 

Carole was only happy when she was condescending and pretentious.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 17
On 6/25/2020 at 10:16 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Me too, @hoodooznoodooz; I’ve always admired and enjoyed Carole(still follow her on SM) so it really saddened me to see the way she so cruelly dismissed Tinsley. I could understand her beef with Bethenny because I’m sure a close friendship with BF gets too exhausting after a while, but why openly freeze out someone as sweet and harmless as Tinsley? 
I remember watching that scene with Carole and Tinsley post-Cartagena where Carole rather haughtily told Tinsley that she basically could’ve gotten them all killed on that boat ride and that Tinsley probably didn’t take it as seriously as she should’ve because she was used to being physically abused and making excuses afterwards. It really threw poor Tinz (and us viewers) for a loop because it was such a randomly cold assessment...maybe she was just getting tired of Tinsley and her relationship drama by that point or she was getting on Carole’s nerves for not being “deep” enough by then, maybe she just considered Tinz another disposable coworker she was over by that point, I dunno...it just looked really bad on Carole’s part to ditch her like that.

But I totally miss Tinsley on this show and her absence is already apparent. She’s by far one of the kindest RH’s ever by all accounts from those who worked on the show with her, which is one reason why she got such a loving and positive mid-season send-off and favorable edit.
And I’m willing to bet money that the main reason she and Scott broke up a few times was because he didn’t want such a long-distance relationship and she wasn’t ready to leave the show/NYC yet without a full commitment from him but he likely still wasn’t sure about the full marital/live-in commitment yet either...it was probably a very tough back-and-forth.

That said, I’m also very happy for her.

Meanwhile...Carole is still having regular coffee with Adam. Take that as you will. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Me too, @hoodooznoodooz; I’ve always admired and enjoyed Carole(still follow her on SM) so it really saddened me to see the way she so cruelly dismissed Tinsley. I could understand her beef with Bethenny because I’m sure a close friendship with BF gets too exhausting after a while, but why openly freeze out someone as sweet and harmless as Tinsley? 
I remember watching that scene with Carole and Tinsley post-Cartagena where Carole rather haughtily told Tinsley that she basically could’ve gotten them all killed on that boat ride and that Tinsley probably didn’t take it as seriously as she should’ve because she was used to being physically abused and making excuses afterwards. It really threw poor Tinz (and us viewers) for a loop because it was such a randomly cold assessment...maybe she was just getting tired of Tinsley and her relationship drama by that point or she was getting on Carole’s nerves for not being “deep” enough by then, maybe she just considered Tinz another disposable coworker she was over by that point, I dunno...it just looked really bad on Carole’s part to ditch her like that.

But I totally miss Tinsley on this show and her absence is already apparent. She’s by far one of the kindest RH’s ever by all accounts from those who worked on the show with her, which is one reason why she got such a loving and positive mid-season send-off and favorable edit.
And I’m willing to bet money that the main reason she and Scott broke up a few times was because he didn’t want such a long-distance relationship and she wasn’t ready to leave the show/NYC yet without a full commitment from him but he likely still wasn’t sure about the full marital/live-in commitment yet either...it was probably a very tough back-and-forth.

Meanwhile...Carole is still having regular coffee with Adam. Take that as you will. 

The coldness from Carole was really awful and unnecessary. It was like kicking a puppy. I feel like Carole sees many as disposable from her writing. Just the way she observes things are off putting. I do think her body is amazing though and she’s unafraid to do things on her own terms but you can’t treat people that way. 

I agree with you. I’m so happy for her. Scott too! I hope he realizes what he has. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Oh, my gosh! I don’t remember that (I watch as I am falling asleep). That’s really cruel and insensitive.

I think your theory regarding the repeated breaking up and getting back together is highly probable.

I miss her, too. But I’m really happy they can no longer abuse and ridicule her.

• Love 8

I have a hunch that Tinsley’s pregnant with a quarantine baby. She’s doing the paid partnership with the fertility app and in the post she talks about all of her unknowns. She *might not have fertility issues at all, but bc of her age, her egg retrieval and her following, she’s a strong representative. It would make sense if she was actually toting a baby, since the wedding was likely put off because of Covid, and they likely would not have wanted to waste time. Lord help us all.

• Useful 2

I always had doubts as to whether she actually wanted a baby.  I really like Tins though and hope it all works out for her - and if she has a girl I hope she doesn’t smother the poor thing in pink ruffles. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

The video post on Tinsley's Instagram announcing the fertility app collaboration is the wedding dress shopping/egg doctor scene with Dale. It's a good example of how awful Dale actually is. They're having a moment, they cry, there are 7 eggs. But Dale wants more. "I want more eggs right now is what I want." FFS! So over-involved and interfering. Whose life is it anyway?

Also I thought Tinsley should have left the turkey baster reference out. It was immature and cheapened the post IMO. It was a very crude comment for Dorinda to make and Tinsley shouldn't have given in any more life.

• Love 5

Just read on Page Six that Tinsley is going to be at the live reunion and currently quarantining in NYC per governor's rule. I really hope she sticks up for herself against bully Dorinda. Apparently Tinz is doing a lot of pet adoption charity work and embracing Chicago. Good for her!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Just read on Page Six that Tinsley is going to be at the live reunion and currently quarantining in NYC per governor's rule. I really hope she sticks up for herself against bully Dorinda. Apparently Tinz is doing a lot of pet adoption charity work and embracing Chicago. Good for her!

Good - she’ll be a breath of fresh air after a season of drunk-lady halitosis!

• Love 9