Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Amnesia Appetizers

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Loved that too....plus the fact that there was actually REAL food and condiments in her fridge - not all strategically arranged and placed just so, ready for a photo (Yolanda's glass door refrigerator) - just sort of in there where it would fit - like a normal person's fridge.

HA!  I paused it so I could see what's in her fridge.  For some reason that stuff fascinates me.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Wait, I thought Erika denied that her singing "career" was a hobby? Didn't she pretty much tell Bethenny she was serious about it and that it was not a hobby as Bethenny tried to make it look like?

You could be right. I could be inserting my own perception of her career into my memory of Erika.

• Love 1

Ugh, that party greeting between Lisa R. and Dorit was so awkward! They keep saying the same "funny" things over and over. It was like the reverse of the dragged-out "OK, take it easy...I'll give you a call..." goodbye routine.

I still like Erika.  She doesn't take herself too seriously.  So what if those videos are a hobby?  She has to do something with her free time, and she can even tell herself she's making some money, contributing.  Even though her hobby must cost more than it brings in.

I like her too. Dorit seems to me to have some stupid issue with her even though it looks to me like Erika is trying to be cool with Dorit.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, racked said:

PK is a tool but he was also right - it's unfair to show up at the reunion, where people go all in bitchy and rage against each other, when they don't know you're going through this trauma. It makes them look like heartless assholes. Don't think that was Eileen's intention at all but I can see what he was saying. 

I am in the minority I think but I like Dorit mostly. She's kind of fun, though her house feels oddly cramped and her husband looks like a sleazy wet mouthed version of James Corden. Also her non stop references to Boy George are hilarious. I love him and he's a wonderful gossip who I wish would actually join the show, but the idea that he's some dynamo in the music industry today is ridiculous. But so is Erika pretending her songs are actual number one hits and not number one on some obscure chart.

But lI kind of like all of these women now that Brandi and Kim are gone. I can handle one week of kim though since next week looks so juicy! 

I don't see it that way.  I have lost both of my parents and it is up to me to tell people the news and when I am going to tell it (so Lisa R should have kept her pie hole shut).  In a reunion I would want to not be treated differently because my mom died and by saying it you are basically asking for special treatment.  You have a beef with me, here is your chance to tell me, don't pussy foot around it because you think you need to.  

Eileen didn't owe anyone this news and I am failing to understand how that is not fair (I was screaming this at PK last night).  Now if Eileen were manipulative and wanted to NOT be called on the carpet I can see her telling them 'take it easy mom died' and we would all be saying she was trying to gain sympathy and not take responsibility for whatever they think she has done.  I also know that around the time my parents died I was fine until I had to discuss it.  It was ugly cry time where words cannot be formed.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am not a drinker but would like to try some expensive champagne once (MAYBE I drink 1-2 times per year).  Is this stuff any good?  Almost bought some at Xmas but passed.  How I got to be this age and not tried the good stuff is beyond me.

Veuve is nice (and I like the rose) but it has a very distinctive flavor that you either like or don't. I confess that I still prefer California sparkling, Schramsberg being among my favorite. My suggestion is to get a couple splits (small bottles) and comparison test. Rough life but we can't all be Kyle and keep two full bottles of Veuve in the fridge at once ;)

But I'm not too proud to admit that I love me some LVP sangria. LOL

• Love 11
Just now, ivygirl said:

Veuve is nice (and I like the rose) but it has a very distinctive flavor that you either like or don't. I confess that I still prefer California sparkling, Schramsberg being among my favorite. My suggestion is to get a couple splits (small bottles) and comparison test. Rough life but we can't all be Kyle and keep two full bottles of Veuve in the fridge at once ;)

Thank you!  Good idea.  I am apparently a have not since I don't keep that jazz in my fridge.  HA!   Looks like I gotta hit up Bevmo!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Forcereals said:

Wasn't the bob a popular hairstyle in the 20's/30's?  Maybe it wasn't called that but certainly not "invented" by Vidal.  (Yes, I'm aware of what Wikipedia says.)

Yep.  There is a short story called Bernice Bobs her Hair (was also a short movie with Shelley Duval) by F Scott Fitzgerald.

11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Hold it there youngun ;) Not QUITE 40 years ago. Early-mid 80's were his prime years. 

I think he's probably pretty well known to a big swath of people who watch this show; but I would agree that she brings him up maaaayyybe a bit too much. Still, at least it's not like she's bragging about knowing Feargal Sharkey or the drummer from Haircut 100.

Blast from the past!  I loved Haircut 100 and its on my playlist.  HA!

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

This is why Eileen needs to stick to doing soaps where a script is her friend and not her enemy.   When she tries to create drama out of nothing she becomes very calculating and cold.   She's not a very good personality at all IMO. 

With Eileen, I always feel that when she says something that is supposed to sound dramatic, she then waits for the "cue dramatic soap music" signal from someone off camera....     ;-)

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Trace said:

I'm sorry but who is Eden?

46 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

She's a friend of Rinna's. She is also the daughter of Vidal Sassoon who was a famous hair stylist to the stars. I don't know if she's permanently on the show or just on sporadically. 

She was the one that went to yoga and lunch with Lisa R and Erika. So far, not impressed with her

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

HA!  I paused it so I could see what's in her fridge.  For some reason that stuff fascinates me.

2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I do this for bookshelves in the background.

I do the same thing with both fridges and bookshelves (and, if they are near makeup or beauty products, I do it too).  I'm curious to see what kind of stuff they all have!  

I do wonder, sometimes, with the libraries or bookshelves, if any of their designers buy "books by the foot" to fill the shelves, LOL!!  

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

This is why Eileen needs to stick to doing soaps where a script is her friend and not her enemy.   When she tries to create drama out of nothing she becomes very calculating and cold.   She's not a very good personality at all IMO. 

Gurl, not to derail but Eileen was on Days of Our Lives a few years ago and believe you me, Days scripts ain't nobodies friend.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think Dorit cares.

If Dorit doesn't care, why is she prattling on and on about it in her talking heads? Why can't she simply say, "I think it's so great Erika is doing something she loves..." rather than breaking down how it isn't a real career compared to Boy George and that Erika doesn't bring the "allure" of a performer to her social interactions...?

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't see it that way.  I have lost both of my parents and it is up to me to tell people the news and when I am going to tell it (so Lisa R should have kept her pie hole shut).  In a reunion I would want to not be treated differently because my mom died and by saying it you are basically asking for special treatment.  You have a beef with me, here is your chance to tell me, don't pussy foot around it because you think you need to.  

Eileen didn't owe anyone this news and I am failing to understand how that is not fair (I was screaming this at PK last night).  Now if Eileen were manipulative and wanted to NOT be called on the carpet I can see her telling them 'take it easy mom died' and we would all be saying she was trying to gain sympathy and not take responsibility for whatever they think she has done.  I also know that around the time my parents died I was fine until I had to discuss it.  It was ugly cry time where words cannot be formed.

I agree with your whole post, but wanted to point out that Lisar wasn't breaking a confidence or telling a secret. The fact that Eileen's mom had died right before the reunion was reported in the media not long after the reunion had filmed, and LVP gave her condolences on the first episode (apparently she hadn't done so until that time but waited until they started filming). It sounded like Lisar didn't think Dorit and her jackass husband knew (and apparently they did not), but she wasn't revealing anything to them that wasn't already known to some. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I agree with your whole post, but wanted to point out that Lisar wasn't breaking a confidence or telling a secret. The fact that Eileen's mom had died right before the reunion was reported in the media not long after the reunion had filmed, and LVP gave her condolences on the first episode (apparently she hadn't done so until that time but waited until they started filming). It sounded like Lisar didn't think Dorit and her jackass husband knew (and apparently they did not), but she wasn't revealing anything to them that wasn't already known to some. 

That is true!  Good point.

Watching Eileen get frustrated when Dorit said she didn't remember the dinner party conversation was a thing of beauty.

oh_yeah_obama.gif

I take it Kyle pushed forward with the plastic surgery? Because her eyes were pulled and wonky AF in her TH.

Can't wait to see how DeadMamaGate will be spun into being all Pinky's fault.

• Love 11

I am really enjoying this season. 

If only because I don't believe there has every been a first-year HoWife who has completely misread every room she's in like Dorit has. It's a glorious thing to watch-- I truly believe she felt she was going to be this breakout fan favorite as she was filming and it's quite the opposite (said in my best Doritish accent). Her (and her Geppetto, Vanderpump's) blog this week is a hilariously sad attempt at trying to temper the waters but methinks it's far too late. Dorit literally tried to grab her diamond by the pussy. 

I have gone from loathing Kyle in her first few seasons to really loving her. Her children seem well-adjusted, her marriage seems secure and I think her successes achieved from being on the show are earned and deserved. That said-- more Mauricio, please. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

PK specifically asked something like, "Do you want to tell me what it was about?" And Lisa straight up said "no". She wasn't going to go there with him. So, to me, that shows that she was trying to move past it, by not going in detail

If Lisa was going to try and describe to PK or anyone else what happened with LVP she would have to start with the one undisputed, nationally televised fact which was "I opened my big lips and out popped "Munchhausen's" in relation to my then good friend Yolanda".  After that there is no general agreement on what happened next.  No shortage of opinions but no consensus.  So of course Lisa doesn't want to try and explain the argument to a table full of people one of whom was Elliot who would no doubt lecture her on living in the moment and PK/Dorit who would most likely side with their friend of 20 years  LVP.

• Love 6

I like to try to give the housewives a chance before I judge them, but I just read Eden's blog and I am totally annoyed with her already. Is it too much to ask that she not talk in hash tags? Is it just me, or do other people find that super annoying. I imagine reading that out loud and the hash tags just seem like random brain farts to punctuate an unrelated sentence. I haven't see the episode yet, so I am hoping this is just something she does in her blogs and not as part of her conversation because then she will be on my list of disliked housewives. Which is much longer than the list of housewives I find completely offensive (so far Kim Richards is the only one on that list).

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Like Mauricio, I, too, have gotten a speeding ticket in the mail from Italy.

Unlike Mauricio, I was driving (actually, Mr. Rosebud was driving) a Fiat Panda. I have no idea how fast we were going. The ticket was in Italian. It was from the Community of Florence, so somewhere on the autostrada. At least, we didn't get tagged for the two u-turns we made. In the middle of the autostrada.

Does the Italian government really think it can enforce a speeding ticket from a year ago?  Does the US send year old speeding tickets to foreign countries?  Is it a money maker?  I guess it's worth a try.  Maybe it took the entire year to track Mauricio down.  They must have Inspector Javert in charge of that department.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

If Dorit doesn't care, why is she prattling on and on about it in her talking heads? Why can't she simply say, "I think it's so great Erika is doing something she loves..." rather than breaking down how it isn't a real career compared to Boy George and that Erika doesn't bring the "allure" of a performer to her social interactions...?

Exactly. The issue isn't so much hobby vs. career, but why Dorit needs to put it down like a hobby would be such a bad thing. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly. The issue isn't so much hobby vs. career, but why Dorit needs to put it down like a hobby would be such a bad thing. 

Well, Dorit has been hearing about how wonderful/talented Erika is and I think she was surprised to hear what she did. That said, let Erika have her dreams, it doesn't cost Dorit anything beyond a polite smile. LOL

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I completely agree with this.  When my parents died my coworkers knew but I asked my assistant to ask them not to mention it to me when I returned to work, so that I'd be able to function.  It was totally up to Eileen to decide when or if to tell her coworkers.  Her loss and her grief; her rules.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Best part of the episode:  LR's talking heads about that guy Elliot.  Yeah, WTF was he talking about?

I 'll go to the other side of the pool because it was PK who brought up LR and LVP problems.  It was none of his business to get into LVP and LR's problems, and as a guest in his home, LR shouldn't have been put in a defensive mode.  He also shouldn't have drawn conclusions about Eileen's decision to not tell the women about her mother's death before the reunion.  Yes, LR brought up Eileen's deaths of family members but that doesn't justify PK or Dorit's responses.  I felt that LR was being drilled in that scene and it was unfair especially since she knew none of these people and something very personal was being discussed at a dinner table. 

I had no problem with Eileen bringing this up to Dorit.  Dorit said it so why can't Eileen confront her?  Dorit had short term memory loss and that says a lot.

Thank God for the normalcy of Kyle's life. 

Don't know what to think of the new housewife yet.  It may be interesting given her connection to KR and LA life.

Erika and her paid minion talk about 'designer' wear.  Honeys, you're both trying too hard to be 'that'.

Lastly, what the heck is going on with poll questions on WWHL.  I tried text my answer to the poll question.  Guess you can't do that anymore.  Then I went to wwhl.tv and couldn't find the place to answer the poll question.  As for Erika Jane's new 'song', yeah, look sexy and 'talk' lyrics.  I don't think Beyonce has anything to worry about.

PS - loved seeing Camille.  Not sure about the new house.  I'm not crazy about the garages (all three of them) so close to the front door.  But the view at the luncheon table looked fab.  It was also an LVP 'lite' episode.

Thank you!  PK(boiled egg indeed) Was absolutely drilling LisaR. I felt uncomfortable for her. 

Eileen didn't have to tell these women anything about losing her mother.   It wasn't some ploy to make them look like bitches they ALL do that for themselves. As far as her talking about it now,  so what,  maybe it's easier to talk about it now. Of course it's for sympathy  now,  because people online didn't like her behavior towards LVP (eye roll).  I doubt Eileen would use a parent's death like that.  I don't even think LVP would use her mother's  death to sway viewers.... Well. Lol. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, QQQQ said:

You were working as a salesgirl in an optical store, when I met you.

I picked my frames, you rang me up

Then I turned you around, plumped your lips into two balloons.

-----

I was working as a salesgirl in an eyeglass store, that much is true.

But even then I knew I'd sleep my way to wealth, either with or without you.

Bwah! Uh-oh! Fugly ol' Er-ICK-a Jayne has got some competition! These lyrics are far better than: "I'm a fugly slut; I'm a ho-bag," or whatever the hell she squawks at her ridiculous 'concerts.' Well done!

• Love 5

In a way, Dorit reminds me of Erika last season.  Last season Erika came on already disliking LVP, probably, imo, because she came on the show to be Yolanda's friend or defender or whatever.  Likewise, Dorit seemed to have a preconceived opinion of Erika. Not a good one. She was throwing all kinds of shade last week with the whole pantygate and not accusing Erika of flashing PK on purpose and the way she and PK talked about her in their office/kitchen...She seems determined not to like her.  I am not a fan of Erika's, but I love the way she's handling Dorit.  She's not stupid, and she doesn't play those kinds of games (imo).

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, AnitaKnight said:

In a way, Dorit reminds me of Erika last season.  Last season Erika came on already disliking LVP, probably, imo, because she came on the show to be Yolanda's friend or defender or whatever.  Likewise, Dorit seemed to have a preconceived opinion of Erika. Not a good one. She was throwing all kinds of shade last week with the whole pantygate and not accusing Erika of flashing PK on purpose and the way she and PK talked about her in their office/kitchen...She seems determined not to like her.  I am not a fan of Erika's, but I love the way she's handling Dorit.  She's not stupid, and she doesn't play those kinds of games (imo).

Nah, Erika loves to play those games, see last season, what she doesn't like it is when others do it to her. LOL

• Love 15

I realize that this is a convention of the show (fourth wall and all of that) but when Eileen referred to the Reunion as "a gathering we had," I think my eyes rolled all the way to the back of my head.

Has Camille always talked in that breathy, affected way?  It's been so long now I don't remember...

Speaking of the way people talk... I think what is off to me about Dorit's speech is not necessarily her accent (though that's *definitely* off) but the short, clippy way she talks -- it's almost like babytalk, like the way one might address a young child.  Which of course is ridiculous, since we all know Dorit has absolutely not idea how to interact with a child.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I second the split idea.  I love Veuve myself.  Had Dom once and absolutely hated it.  I think one's taste in bubbly is very subjective.  Since that sounded like I was channeling LVP, I'll add a darling.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I second the split idea.  I love Veuve myself.  Had Dom once and absolutely hated it.  I think one's taste in bubbly is very subjective.  Since that sounded like I was channeling LVP, I'll add a darling.

Though Costco usually has Veuve for 30-40. 

• Love 4

I realize that this is a convention of the show (fourth wall and all of that) but when Eileen referred to the Reunion as "a gathering we had," I think my eyes rolled all the way to the back of my head.

Was that what she meant? Others have mentioned the reunions as just that; does she think she can't?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Was that what she meant? Others have mentioned the reunions as just that; does she think she can't?

She hates the word reunion as much as she hates the word affair!

• Love 16
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

She hates the word reunion as much as she hates the word affair!

Maybe Eileen should hand out a list of words she finds offensive so that the others can use different words that mean the same thing but won't set her off. LOL

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Does the Italian government really think it can enforce a speeding ticket from a year ago?  Does the US send year old speeding tickets to foreign countries?  Is it a money maker?  I guess it's worth a try.  Maybe it took the entire year to track Mauricio down.  They must have Inspector Javert in charge of that department.

I've heard they'll try to collect next time you try to enter the country (or for some countries the EU).  I don't know if it is true or not, but I'm always afraid to get stuck and not allowed in because I don't have the cash on me, so I pay.  And I'm afraid about it having to be cash because I got pulled off the road by the Gendarmerie in France once and they made me give them a bunch of cash to leave the building and insisted it be cash.  The cash was shoved into a dirty greeting card envelope, so I'm still not sure it was on the up and up, but what are you going to do.  So I try not to speed, and if I get any tickets in the mail from foreign countries I want to go back to, I pay.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

They say the word Reunion in their confessionals not when they are filming. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Nah, Erika loves to play those games, see last season, what she doesn't like it is when others do it to her. LOL

I hate when "Lisa Vanderpump" autocorrects to Erika, too!

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, ladle said:

Has Camille always talked in that breathy, affected way?  It's been so long now I don't remember...

Speaking of the way people talk... I think what is off to me about Dorit's speech is not necessarily her accent (though that's *definitely* off) but the short, clippy way she talks -- it's almost like babytalk, like the way one might address a young child.  Which of course is ridiculous, since we all know Dorit has absolutely not idea how to interact with a child.

Yes. She's fake as fuck but hired an excellent publicist after Season 1. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Depends on the State. I have had friends from abroad get tickets either sent to them or the rental agency paid and charged their credit card.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think we can pretty much sum up Boy George's current relevance by mentioning that he is currently on Celebrity Apprentice with Kyle.

And getting dragged on SM for his bi-phobia. 

To me, Eden looked like a version of what Sandra Bullock would look like with too much work done. I don't hate Dorit, but PK lost me this week. And I will second the Kyle and family love. 

Why is Erika always introduced as Erika Jayne. I would have thought she would be introduced by her actual name, not her hobby persona. And holy hell, her assistant is vying with LisaR for the biggest lips!

Edited by tvfanatic13
How could I forget Erika.
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am not a drinker but would like to try some expensive champagne once (MAYBE I drink 1-2 times per year).  Is this stuff any good?  Almost bought some at Xmas but passed.  How I got to be this age and not tried the good stuff is beyond me.

Veuve is the best champagne that I can afford.  There are sparkling wines that are more affordable but they usually give me a headache.  The only way I'd get a bottle of Dom Perignon in my hands is if someone bought it for me.  Someone else recommended trying the small bottles, which is a great idea.  There were at least 5 to choose from the last time I was at the liquor store.  

Cheers!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Raising a hand of confession. Me too.

I also will surf the web for "What's in My Handbag" lists and photos. It says a lot about a woman.

But I don't peak into purses or medicine cabinet.

I

• Love 2