Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Amnesia Appetizers

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I think in all of that, the person I felt sorry for the most was Kyle. Kyle is an easy target for Kim because Kim has most likely been manipulating Kyle for most of her adult life. So, even when Kyle is not a part of the confrontation, Kyle is still going to be singled out for being a "bad sister". And, I think Brandi really played into that when dealing with Kim. 

She did, we all saw her tell Kim that "Kathy wouldn't do/say this/that", "Kyle has never been there for you" and "I'm there for you more than Kyle has ever been" numerous times the last 2 seasons Brandi was on. When Kyle rejected Brandi in favor of Lisa, Brandi set out to destroy Kyle at all costs and that included her using Kim as a weapon against Kyle. Brandi is the lowest of the low.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I think in all of that, the person I felt sorry for the most was Kyle. Kyle is an easy target for Kim because Kim has most likely been manipulating Kyle for most of her adult life. So, even when Kyle is not a part of the confrontation, Kyle is still going to be singled out for being a "bad sister". And, I think Brandi really played into that when dealing with Kim. 

I think Kyle has below average self esteem, and needs to be the good sister, the one who saves Kim, pays her bills, and gets her an episode or two each season. And she's all about looking "Beverly Hills good" for Mauricio this season. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

I think Kyle has below average self esteem, and needs to be the good sister, the one who saves Kim, pays her bills, and gets her an episode or two each season. And she's all about looking "Beverley Hills good" for Mauricio this season. 

Maybe that's the case, or at least part of it. But as the "Kyle" of my family (granted without a TV show, mad cash, the 90210 zip code, and all the stuff that goes with it--though I do have two live parents, plus a stepdad), I wonder if that's just how Kyle is. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2017 at 4:18 AM, Sai said:

I agree with those that say the new chick looks like Sandra Bullock.  That was my first thought when I saw her.  I was in the middle of a Candy Crush game when she came on so I wasn't paying attention but when I looked up I was like.....what??  It took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't Sandra.

The best parts of the episode for me was Kyle, Kyle and Lisa (those two are a riot together), and Camille and those are the three originals so what does that say?  Bring back more of the original cast and get rid of these other morons!!

I don't mind Dorit.  I kinda like her.  I think it's because she doesn't like Erika and neither do I.  Shallow I know, but that's how I do my housewives.  If one doesn't like someone I don't like, I root for them, lol.  Erika is just a blob on a fence.  No personality whatsoever. Does she even know how to smile?  Is it too much botox?  She thinks she's a dancer.  Ha!  Did you see the difference between her and Camille's bodies when they were standing next to each other?  Erika looked HUGE next to Camille.  Camille is a real dancer and has the knockout body to prove it.  So happy to see her!!

I do think Camille has a nice figure but I think Erika is much sexier with her curves.  

• Love 6
On 1/5/2017 at 9:34 AM, teapot said:

Mister & I get a bottle of Veuve (approx. $50) every New Year's.  We toast on New Year's Eve & finish it w/our mimosas in the morning...it has less of a bite than the Barefoot Dry ($11.99) I usually drink.  I really look forward to it;  it's a nice splurge and tradition.

Thank you!  I love getting the reviews.  I am kind of a cheapskate (frugal is a nicer way to say it) and that has kept me from trying it.  I am so cheap I hate it when a new Taco Bell item sucks!  Why by the way, their new doublestacked taco DOES indeed suck.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I USED to watch SoS, but I had to stop.

That is a group of the most entitled, dysfunctional set of morons on the planet. You know it's time to quit watching a BRAVO program when you ask yourself, "I have never seen people act LIKE THAT in public....."

----------------

IF I remember correctly?

MJ and her mom are pretty vicious towards each other.

One day, one of them is going to sit down and worry about all time they lost while being assholes to each other.

For sure they are truly effin hot messes!!  Even more than the HW of all areas! 

I think MJ has PTSD from her mom and gets in digs where she can for sure.  Those are the two who need therapy even more Mamma Joyce and Kandi from ATL!   

• Love 1
20 hours ago, princelina said:

So sorry for your loss!  But girl, I get it - my grandmother had us all swear on stacks of Bibles that if she died in her sleep, we'd put her teeth in before calling anyone :)

I am hoping someone puts my eyebrows on.  With just my husband around I am not sure how that would work out.  Can cats be taught this?  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I think Kyle has below average self esteem, and needs to be the good sister, the one who saves Kim, pays her bills, and gets her an episode or two each season. And she's all about looking "Beverly Hills good" for Mauricio this season. 

Of all the RH I think she and LVP are the two that would rather showcase the luxury and (immediate)family devotion they have in BH.  Both women place a premium on the marriages, kids and pets. 

Kim is an area of her life where she has no control and I think she has decided to let her go about her life without trying to save her.  It would not surprise me if Erika takes a interest in Kim.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I remember it this way as well. After poker night, Rinna approached LVP and Kyle about Kim but they both made it clear that she needed to stay out of it. Rinna and Eileen asking Kim about her meetings was really the last that Rinna discussed anything to do with Kim's sobriety until Rinna met with Brandi after doing Brandi's podcast.

Rinna was asking Brandi why she behaves the way she does and BRANDI turned it into a discussion about how worried she was for Kim and how she didn't feel like she was a good enough support system for everything that Kim had going on. Rinna said "Well, it's not like we can do an intervention." Brandi ran with that and said they should do an intervention for everyone so that Kim doesn't feel like she is being singled out. Rinna never agreed to that (but, I suspect Yolanda did and that was what started the scene in Amsterdam).  Brandi then went to Kim and said that Rinna was talking about Kim and how she needed an intervention as they were all preparing to get on a plane to Amsterdam. Once on the flight, Kim went off on Rinna and Kyle. While Brandi played innocent. Then at dinner, Brandi got the beginning of the intervention she was wrangling for when Yolanda said they should all go around and talk about something that showed just how imperfect their individual lives are. 

That's when Rinna talked about her sister. She apologized to Kim for upsetting her and for involving herself. And then Kim went off AGAIN on Rinna, Eileen, and Kyle.

Rinna was ready to let the whole pokernight/limo ride thing go and BRANDI stirred it up again to deflect from her own actions. 

See everything here about Rinna was phony to me. The first hardship Lisa thinks to share is her sister who died when Lisa was a child (not her dying father or sick mother, who if I remember was also struggling and had to move from their home..)  No, Lisa conveniently seems to exploit something that will give her an opening to once again shift to kim,  in quite a clever way because it's hard to call shenanigans  on such a sensitive topic followed by an "apology",  that Rinna already gave on the plane while Kim is screaming at her to never speak on it again, apology or not. to the poster who wrote how Lisa has mastered the non sequitor to storyline pivot,  (zoeysmom) I totally agree and think this is a really smooth example of it. maybe I'm a cynic but  when I watched the dinner again its clear why kim was glaring at Lisa because she knew where it was going and what she was doing.

Kim going off at everyone else was disgusting, not arguing that just to be clear.

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

What the hell is PK's problem? Why was he on Lisar's case? He also looks like he's made from spam. 

Mr Elliot Mintz must have had a change of heart about appearing on this show, because he was obviously one of the blurred out people at Dorit's birthday party. 

Kyle should have invited Kim along for some laser resurfacing.

Kim was there, she was off camera crawling on the tile floor looking for her bra by the medicine cabinet

• Love 4

I think I realized years ago that the women who last on these shows know how to play the game. They know how to create storylines but make it seem rather organic and "real". I think as the audience, many of us know it's not organic or real but we play along. Those who don't last are either trying too hard or get lost in the cross fire or both. I think Dorit is both of those. 

She did think she was being funny but I think she also thinks she's better than Erika. The comments about the people she has at her parties being very important, the way she mocks Erika in THs, and her general attitude toward her just proves that to me. PK's disgusting comment about the Havenots also shows he's a huge snob and aware of the camera. I think Rinna said it on the show. She thinks Erika is her persona- a whore- or a phony.  By what Dorit says, she thinks Erika is a cold and distant. She's aloof but really a whore who wanted to show her vagina. Dorit is showing her insecure mean girl and it's not working in my opinion. She seems petty and obnoxious. She was the one wiggling her ass in that dress at her party.

I also think Dorit is getting caught in the HW crossfire. The Soap Girls can withstand it and know how to start it. They get it. I think ED can prolong stories and Rinna can stir shit. They both then grab on to the "high road" crap and make others look bad. I'm a huge fan of them but I don't believe that they really act this way in real life. I think ED makes more of things on this show because they need conflict. I think Rinna works with trying to keep things moving and having trouble begin. I would bet she's a huge gossip and busy body in real life. But I doubt she's that obvious.

They all know this is a show and need a story. LVP is the best at it and these two are playing right along. It's TV and they know TV.

Dorit is just looking like an idiot. She and her husband are posers, or looking like them. The articles on his finances show that specifically. And the way they prop themselves on an aging 80's rock star is just sad. They are just a few years away from Marriage Boot Camp.

LVP and Kyle know this is a show and know there needs to be stories. I think Erika is in on to that idea, too. And she floats above but enters in when necessary. I think she likes the way she's getting more well known and so she sticks around. 

Basically, it's obvious everyone is working on the same wavelength but Dorit. She's the Kelly Dodd of this show but she's not crazy or creepy. PK is creepy enough on his own. And Kim is always coming back to bring the crazy so I doubt she'll last more than a year.

• Love 6

I remember the Amsterdam thing as Lisar already being on Kim's nerves due to Lisar pushing "drugs and alcohol have affected my family" to an unreceptive Kim. Then at dinner, Lisar said to Kim, "you can't talk to your sister that way", which was the last straw with Kim tolerating Lisar's fake concern. After a remark about Lisar and her bread consumption, Kim says "lets talk about the husband" and Lisar goes nuts and tries to assault and wound Kim. 

I don't think Yolanda deserves any blame. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kim was there, she was off camera crawling on the tile floor looking for her bra by the medicine cabinet

Every time I think of Kim getting high, I think about the air freshener she was huffing and laugh...

Any thing for a buzz?

• Love 2

What's amazingly, confoundingly often lost is the extent to which Amsterdam was Lisa *Vanderpump*'s responsibility. I mean, what else but her manipulation could have prompted two loud, self-centered assholes to behave like a pair of loud, self-centered assholes? 

And don't forget how she got Kim to go shopping with her. Which is evidence of - well, it's evidence of something. Something bad. Eileen said so. And if Eileen says something, it's "crazy" if you disagree. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Roxy said:

I think I realized years ago that the women who last on these shows know how to play the game. They know how to create storylines but make it seem rather organic and "real". I think as the audience, many of us know it's not organic or real but we play along. Those who don't last are either trying too hard or get lost in the cross fire or both. I think Dorit is both of those. 

She did think she was being funny but I think she also thinks she's better than Erika. The comments about the people she has at her parties being very important, the way she mocks Erika in THs, and her general attitude toward her just proves that to me. PK's disgusting comment about the Havenots also shows he's a huge snob and aware of the camera. I think Rinna said it on the show. She thinks Erika is her persona- a whore- or a phony.  By what Dorit says, she thinks Erika is a cold and distant. She's aloof but really a whore who wanted to show her vagina. Dorit is showing her insecure mean girl and it's not working in my opinion. She seems petty and obnoxious. She was the one wiggling her ass in that dress at her party.

I also think Dorit is getting caught in the HW crossfire. The Soap Girls can withstand it and know how to start it. They get it. I think ED can prolong stories and Rinna can stir shit. They both then grab on to the "high road" crap and make others look bad. I'm a huge fan of them but I don't believe that they really act this way in real life. I think ED makes more of things on this show because they need conflict. I think Rinna works with trying to keep things moving and having trouble begin. I would bet she's a huge gossip and busy body in real life. But I doubt she's that obvious.

They all know this is a show and need a story. LVP is the best at it and these two are playing right along. It's TV and they know TV.

Dorit is just looking like an idiot. She and her husband are posers, or looking like them. The articles on his finances show that specifically. And the way they prop themselves on an aging 80's rock star is just sad. They are just a few years away from Marriage Boot Camp.

LVP and Kyle know this is a show and know there needs to be stories. I think Erika is in on to that idea, too. And she floats above but enters in when necessary. I think she likes the way she's getting more well known and so she sticks around. 

Basically, it's obvious everyone is working on the same wavelength but Dorit. She's the Kelly Dodd of this show but she's not crazy or creepy. PK is creepy enough on his own. And Kim is always coming back to bring the crazy so I doubt she'll last more than a year.

The class that PK & Dorit belong to are the Wannabees.

I'm keeping my eye on Yahoo News for the story of PK being found beaten and shackled to the rose gold radiator

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

See everything here about Rinna was phony to me. The first hardship Lisa thinks to share is her sister who died when Lisa was a child (not her dying father or sick mother, who if I remember was also struggling and had to move from their home..)  No, Lisa conveniently seems to exploit something that will give her an opening to once again shift to kim,  in quite a clever way because it's hard to call shenanigans  on such a sensitive topic followed by an "apology",  that Rinna already gave on the plane while Kim is screaming at her to never speak on it again, apology or not. to the poster who wrote how Lisa has mastered the non sequitor to storyline pivot,  (zoeysmom) I totally agree and think this is a really smooth example of it. maybe I'm a cynic but  when I watched the dinner again its clear why kim was glaring at Lisa because she knew where it was going and what she was doing.

Kim going off at everyone else was disgusting, not arguing that just to be clear.

I agree that Kim knew something was about to happen but what she didn't see and still doesn't recognize is that it was set up by Brandi and Yolanda. Yolanda was doing what Brandi asked her to do, start an "intervention" for Kim, something Rinna refused to do when Brandi suggested it to her at their lunch.

• Love 5

Is it just me or does Mauricio totally get off on having Kyle's daughter around as arm candy? This episode reminded me of how gross it was that he took his step daughter on a date when they went to Europe rather than his wife. Now he has two of her daughters in the office where he works "long hours" instead of being at home with Kyle. Yuck, yuck, yuck. It's no wonder that Kyle feels like she needs to do drop ins to check up on them.

• Love 1
On 1/5/2017 at 5:55 PM, Giselle said:

I think it is because Vinny is tired of it and it is showing. He is tired of being Eileen's sounding board every time she takes issue with something which seems to be every damn time they are together. He just doesn't want to hear Eileen go on and on, nit picking every single detail and motivation as she always does. Men usually don't want to hear women bitching about their problems with other women, that's what girlfriends are for.  Also if she has treated Vinny in the past the way she has treated Lisa, nagging Lisa constantly about her apology, I can see him resorting to speaking to her that way, always thinking what have I done, what is it now. While we have seen disagreements between all the spouses, we've really seen very few happy moments of Vinny and Eileen in their home compared to Kyle or Lisa V, Eileen is always bitching about something. More than once we've heard her complain about Vinny or her son not listening to her. They have learned to tune her out.

I think that Vinny and Eileen's scenes are just him being him. That is how real husbands and wives interact. Vinny was excited because he wanted to work on stregthening his arms with his wife, showing that they actually do things together (unlike Kyle or LVP and their husbands who do nothing but scenes together). She wanted to chat, he wanted to check in with her but also wanted to play. That's life. I don't think he would ever get tired of being her sounding board, he's just not interested in being a part of the drama, like any normal husband would behave when their wife is talking about their female friends. 

I appreciate that they are the most normal of the fabulously wealthy on the show. They work hard, they care about their families, they have a sense of humor about themselves, they drink and throw parties without being raging alcoholics, they spend time together as a couple, they have a lived in looking house that isn't meant to be a show room. I wish they could find more couples like them to be the Real Housewives shows. Eileen is just a plant by the networks to boost Y & R ratings, but I like her anyway.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Harleycat said:

Is it just me or does Mauricio totally get off on having Kyle's daughter around as arm candy? This episode reminded me of how gross it was that he took his step daughter on a date when they went to Europe rather than his wife. Now he has two of her daughters in the office where he works "long hours" instead of being at home with Kyle. Yuck, yuck, yuck. It's no wonder that Kyle feels like she needs to do drop ins to check up on them.

What?! I don't see it.. Has he been acting inappropriately with his children? If so, I missed that scene. I also don't think Kyle was "checking in on them", it seemed like an advertisement to me. Don't they have some show together- The Agency or such? Or did that get cancelled.

• Love 13

Ew! IMO, that says more about the person who thinks it than it does about Mauricio. 

unlike Kyle or LVP and their husbands who do nothing but scenes together).

We don't know that!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

unlike Kyle or LVP and their husbands who do nothing but scenes together).

Of all the housewives over all seasons/franchises these are the last two I would ever make that allegation abut followed closely by Jill and Bobby Zarin so it isn't even a popularity poll. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Harleycat said:

No, I don't see this at all. I see a healthy father or father figure relationship between Mauricio and the girls. If they're working for him, well that's great. My daughter worked for her uncle's engineering firm during two college summers and worked some very long hours, even some long evenings/nights. Working hard is part of a successful business and I definitely don't see that alone as any kind of red flag.

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I remember the Amsterdam thing as Lisar already being on Kim's nerves due to Lisar pushing "drugs and alcohol have affected my family" to an unreceptive Kim. Then at dinner, Lisar said to Kim, "you can't talk to your sister that way", which was the last straw with Kim tolerating Lisar's fake concern. After a remark about Lisar and her bread consumption, Kim says "lets talk about the husband" and Lisar goes nuts and tries to assault and wound Kim. 

Actually Yolanda brought the topic up because of her daughter's DUI.  So after hearing the discord on the plane, why open it up again?  Drinking due to her Lyme Disease was the excuse the following season.

11 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

I do think, especially the actresses, really show their tricks after a couple of seasons.  Rinna is always over the top with the compliments, Kathryn looks like she did 25 years ago,  so and so is so iconic, everyone always looks fabulous and no matter the topic she can work Harry Hamlin in.

Brandi looked pretty uncomfortable when the topic came up and at the time I figured Brandi is worried Rinna is going to repeat what she said to her.  Kim clearly saw where the conversation was going. 

I look a this way, if Dorit now brings up Pantygate again, without any prompting, under the guise of an apology, in front of the group and any strays that may have wandered in, she is pulling a Rinnstigator.  Now Dorit has already had to answer to Eileen about it, after Erika and Dorit took it off the table.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

I find Eileen exhausting. She strikes me as one of those people who looks for a reason to get her knickers in a knot because she can't get pissed at her kid or her husband so she looks elsewhere for an outlet. If it's not that, then I have no idea what her problem is. This episode, while not meeting the season long "So, when did the affair start?" drama, seems pretty much on the same level and I feel dread thinking about how long she will continue to obsess about it or whatever else she subs in. She's kinda ruining the show for me a little.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Jel said:

I find Eileen exhausting. She strikes me as one of those people who looks for a reason to get her knickers in a knot because she can't get pissed at her kid or her husband so she looks elsewhere for an outlet. If it's not that, then I have no idea what her problem is. This episode, while not meeting the season long "So, when did the affair start?" drama, seems pretty much on the same level and I feel dread thinking about how long she will continue to obsess about it or whatever else she subs in. She's kinda ruining the show for me a little.

It has been a two plus seasons extended therapy session.  Eileen wants to grieve, resolution for two, admissions, concessions, to sit around and talk about feelings-hurt or otherwise.  A fun conversation for Eileen is her letting the audience get to know her by talking about her 20 year old domestic violence situations.  The last humorous line coming from Eileen is when she told Brandi, "to put some Neosporin on it." 

• Love 10
On 1/5/2017 at 10:24 PM, notnowimbusy said:

Was thinking about Erika and her husband is 77, and at that age, most men slow down a bit, no matter how high powered, take fabulous vacations, etc.  By that time in one's career you now enjoy the benefits of all your years of hard work.   From what I get on the show, Erika and Tom, manage one night a week to meet up for dinner.   Erika seems to be a possession of Tom's, to be there when he deems fit.  She is to behave, except for the Erika Jayne persona.   I think she sold her soul to be the wife of a wealthy older man, knows the rules set up for the arrangements, and lives an extremely lonely life.   She is the ultimate trophy wife - put on a shelf until needed.  Her alter ego is an escape from a very very lonely life.   She is one sad woman.   No emotion, no friends, only paid "friends" who bolster her ego.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:17 AM, zoeysmom said:

I would like to get these high powered men out of the grocery aisles at both my local grocery store and Costco. 

OMG!  So true!  A woman who gets her hair done at the same time as me was complaining because the first week her husband was retired he "fixed" the cable bill.  Cable bill now $375 a month, it was $110.  Great job Mr. Executive!  When I was a teen, our neighbors father retired at 48 and drove his wife crazy so I would ask where she was and my friend would say, "Anywhere my dad is not".

On 1/5/2017 at 7:59 PM, dosodog said:

Jim was a modest man.  I decided that one positive in his dying was that he didn't have to live with the "humiliation" of paramedics/strangers seeing him buck ass naked.

I guarantee if he had lived? For the rest of my life, he would have occasionally said to me...

You couldn't have stopped CPR long enough to put underwear on me?  

Guarantee. It. 

Sorry for your loss.  Is it wrong to say I love these stories?  Here is my addition:

We all live close together in our county.  My mother lived a couple streets away from her brother.  She calls me one day, as I live 1/2 mile north of both of them, and tells me she thinks her brother is dead.  I run right over and get there at the same time as the police.  Run in and my uncle is splayed out on the kitchen floor completely naked. People are walking over him, the ambulance arrives.....so I grab a blanket to cover him.  My mother says, "Honey I don't think he can feel the cold anymore."  I yell, "Can he have some dignity for Pete's sake?".  We all laughed, even the police and EMTs.

So we, as a family, have a pact:  No one dies naked ever again.  If you feel really ill, you get your butt up and get dressed with underclothes, pjs and robe.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:58 PM, notnowimbusy said:

My son is a paramedic, and believe me, they don't notice.  The one thing I told him since he was  6 and decided this was what he wanted to do. .. "just remember, when people call you it's most likely the worst day of their lives, and their families.  Have compassion, don't embarrass anyone, and show them the dignity you'd want paramedics to show your grandmother".   He has always remembered that, and except for the guy that called 911 at 2am to have his pillows "fluffed", he has held to that memory.

Also I have a pact with friends, if I am ever in the hospital,  in a coma, they will be there for me with tweezers and I'll do the same for them!

My brother-in-law picks up bodies for our local funeral home.  I can't tell you what a relief it is to have someone in the family pick up all the bodies in the family.  He also explained to us that funeral home workers take their jobs very seriously and show the highest level of respect for the dead.

• Love 7

God in Heaven. I realize that everyone isn't Oprah and doesn't have the luxury of picking up the phone and inviting the likes of Toni Morrison, Tina Turner, and Stevie Wonder over to dine, but between that pathetic snoozefest at Dorit and PK's and poor Camille's lunch with that gaggle of insufferable sea hags, I don't think two bigger hordes of losers ever gathered together in one place. You could kick in the door of the local crack house and find more riveting and erudite repartee. Sheesh.  They suck.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

To me...until the last 5 to 10 years....Kyle was known as being either kim's little sister....or paris/nikki's aunt.

Now the tables have turned, and I think kyle is enjoying it.

I agree, and this is the main reason I find Vyle to be revolting--in addition to the fact that every time she speaks, it appears that she never advanced beyond the third grade.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree that Kim knew something was about to happen but what she didn't see and still doesn't recognize is that it was set up by Brandi and Yolanda. Yolanda was doing what Brandi asked her to do, start an "intervention" for Kim, something Rinna refused to do when Brandi suggested it to her at their lunch.

Oh for sure, agree but thought I was going too deep conspiracy LOL I mean what kind of a way to start the trip is asking people to spill their hardships? I think Yolanda wanted to get the dui talk out of the way but I agree the rest was a straight alley-oop (sp?).

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 4
Just now, Inspectabecky said:
3 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

dp

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It has been a two plus seasons extended therapy session.  Eileen wants to grieve, resolution for two, admissions, concessions, to sit around and talk about feelings-hurt or otherwise.  A fun conversation for Eileen is her letting the audience get to know her by talking about her 20 year old domestic violence situations.  The last humorous line coming from Eileen is when she told Brandi, "to put some Neosporin on it." 

Speaking of her grief,  did you notice anything odd about Eileen's son when they were cleaning her mothers house?  I never care to comment about the kids but is it normal at his age to be so insensitive to his grandmothers death?  He gave her a hard time saying it's time to get over it and then pretended to be sad as a joke. It kind of makes me empathize for her grieving shame. Like damn dexter vinny jr!

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Ha! I bet she got in big trouble for that when she got home to her wallet; I mean, husband.

I'm kind of hoping that she sics Tom on the new couple.

I was listening to the Afterbuzz recap and in gossip section they said one of the storylines this season is one of the HW's starts to abuse xanax and the other ladies intervene. If true I hope it is Ericka and hence the cry....you don't know what I go through every night. That would explain her flatline responses to everything. It's either that or Tom recently started abusing Viagra and she is done with him patting the puss.

• Love 3

I envy the "haves" for the financial security I'll never have or provide for others, but God in heaven these people can't throw a party for the life of them. I'd rather be watching my two drunk cousins knock the cheeto Chex mix off the card table during a football dispute while my 8 month old niece projectile vomits during a key scene in Cars 2, than listen to Elliot Mintz flitter talking and PK gossiping under the pretense of offering a voice of reason from the goodness of his heart. Also, STFU DoriT. English people don'T pronounce their T's like thaT.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

Speaking of her grief,  did you notice anything odd about Eileen's son when they were cleaning her mothers house?  I never care to comment about the kids but is it normal at his age to be so insensitive to his grandmothers death?  He gave her a hard time saying it's time to get over it and then pretended to be sad as a joke. It kind of makes me empathize for her grieving shame. Like damn dexter vinny jr!

I cut the kid a break because grandma has been with dementia for a number of years and nine  months before he lost a pretty spectacular grandfather. Grandma did die at 94 years of age and that is pretty hard to fathom for a kid 14.  Grandma was a good 3 1/2- 4 hour drive away and I am guessing there was more time spent with Grandma and Mom on the phone than in person visits. Jesse was correct the scene was filmed eight months after grandma died and he probably was pretty desensitized to the situation.  He does seem to take after his dad with the wisecracks. 

• Love 15

Dorit is like PJ's sidekick, always there agreeing with him and adoring every word he says like he's spouting arcane wisdoms. I think Dorit probably thinks he is brilliant and she's brilliant from being exposed to his brilliance. PJ really likes being on camera, it appears, and he likes telling other people how things are. When the publicist guy who wears clothes that are way too big for him was yammering on about something in his soft gentle way, I wondered if he was there for Lisa Rinna. It seems that might have been Lisa's purpose for being being invited to the party, for the weird hard-to-match guy to have someone to talk to. If I were Lisa Rinna, I'd be more pissed that I was set up with weird guy than accused of passive aggressively withholding death information. 

I actually think Erika and Tom's relationship is a little more equitable than it appears. Erika seems to be really independent, she doesn't appear to really like being around other people that much, but she has a lot of respect for her husband. I'm going to hope her life works for her, but she seems pretty old to be disciplined and I don't understand why she puts up with that. That's the one really off thing-- that Tom has "house rules" and she gets in trouble when house rules aren't followed. Personally, I don't find her that talented and her persona to be frivolous, superficial, vapid, and, well, dumb. I'm 40, but I assure you, I have NO DESIRE in my fantasies to wear pigtails and dance around in sparkly clothes, no matter how awesome my body is. Actually, what's weirdest to me is that Erika can do whatever she wants and she chooses to be a middle-aged playboy popstar. What? 

That said, I didn't see her puss, I guess others did, but Dorit really seems intent on making sure Erika feels embarrassed and ashamed for being so "low-class." Erika should just say, "You know Dorit, thank you for calling me out for being white trash. You are right. I will be more classy now that I have you-- will you mentor me?" Or something like that to be snarky. I think Dorit has really picked up on her husband's attitude, being snobby and condescending to everyone.

I love Elieen a lot, and though I see what people are saying about her being dramatic and calculating, I don't really care because it comes off a genuine to me. I do think that Eileen is truly pissed at LVP, and I also think LVP makes fun of her and pokes at her. Vinnie is very very tan. Her kid seems cute and in that sort of awkward growing up stage, he will change a lot over the next 10 years.

I have no strong feelings about Kyle except she seems very happy this season, or LVP. Dorit mostly drives me crazy and she is completely unrelatable to me.  Also, why is Harry Hamlin NEVER around? He never goes anywhere with Lisa, are they in a real relationship? 

• Love 8
On 1/6/2017 at 1:22 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

To me...until the last 5 to 10 years....Kyle was known as being either kim's little sister....or paris/nikki's aunt.

Now the tables have turned, and I think kyle is enjoying it.

As well Kyle should.  She has worked at the right things and is now reaping the rewards. Kim has invested her efforts into the wrong things and is reaping what she has sown.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 18

Since the topic of Rinna's schizophrenic and exploitative (in my view) reaction to Amsterdam figured prominently up thread, I noticed a pretty big omission in the summary of events: Rinna had ostensibly dropped the conflict with Kim and expressed her "love" for her after the blowup. She only located her outrage again and started her years-long relitigation of the issue after her boss EILEEN scolded her for trying to make the rest of their trip bearable at a tete a tete in some Dutch bar. Only THEN did the "I will fuck you up" texts commence once they'd returned home. And Rinna's inability to drop the matter recalls nothing so much as Eileen continuing to grouse a full year later about apologies after she'd received no less than five. 

• Love 10
On 1/6/2017 at 5:44 PM, Kokapetl said:

Agree, but I do think Yolanda can share in the blame.

• Love 2

Dorit and PK and pantygate. Is this going to be the feud of the season? Ach! Enough already!

Eileen and Rinna are barking up my last nerve. They start out the season talking about making bygones be bygones, but of course can't resist saying they are going to try to forgive Lisa for their BS last year. This is because they are such changed people, but please don't discuss why unless given permission. Then they just launch into the same old same old. Last year it was maddening. This year it's simply boring.

How many endless reiterations of this sludge and countless rehashings of even more pettily offended sensibilities of Eileen are we supposed to endure? Somebody put me out of my misery, please!

• Love 9
On 01/03/2017 at 9:46 PM, charming said:

Rinna and Eileen are exhausting about this. 

It's weird to me that they both described their parents passing caused them to reflect and not sweat the trivial stuff. Yet if someone says gosh maybe if it was known that your parents were seriously ill then certain situations could have been handled differently is so incredibly offensive to them. Acknowledging this would mean that somehow LVP shouldn't be burned at the stake for manipulation and non-apology apologies. 

They can't decide if they're going to let it go because of the massive backlash they received or double down because they're obsessed with being right.

Brava! Exactly! If there had not been backlash, I don't think they'd have even begun to excuse make/apologize.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, renatae said:

Dorit and PK and pantygate. Is this going to be the feud of the season? Ach! Enough already!

Eileen and Rinna are barking up my last nerve. They start out the season talking about making bygones be bygones, but of course can't resist saying they are going to try to forgive Lisa for their BS last year. This is because they are such changed people, but please don't discuss why unless given permission. Then they just launch into the same old same old. Last year it was maddening. This year it's simply boring.

How many endless reiterations of this sludge and countless rehashings of even more pettily offended sensibilities of Eileen are we supposed to endure? Somebody put me out of my misery, please!

Here is the odd thing about Eileen, why does she keep bringing up closed subjects?

First she brings up Kim, who Kim has said she doesn't care for and publicly stated that Rinna and Eileen talk about her.  She doesn't care how Kim is, she wanted to put Kyle on the spot.

Erika could not have been more clear about Pantygate to Dorit-"the more you talk about shit the worse it gets."  So why would Eileen think it appropriate to bring it up to Dorit?  I doubt anyone cares how Eileen felt about it.  The time to speak is when they were all together.  Now Eileen can bring it up 54 more times claiming she is seeking resolution-it isn't her issue to resolve. They resolve it, high fived it and moved on. She wasn't even there.

Then she brings up Dead Parent Society and again she wasn't there.   it was presented poorly by Rinnstigator and forwarded to Eileen in an even more dubious manner.  Then Eileen makes things more confusing claiming the event Rinnstigator put at issue was two days  before her mother died.  Eileen needs to stop talking.

• Love 10

Dorit's body looks strange. Her lack of body fat makes her look like a man in transition. I'm not a huge Erika fan, but Dorit insinuating that Erika's career is a hobby should be said to her as well regarding her swimsuit line. 

No one has the right to judge Eileen on how she dealt with the death of her mother. Considering both of Dorit's parents are still living, she is the last person that should criticize. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Giselle said:

As well Kyle should.  She has worked at the right things and is now reaping the rewards. Kim has invested her efforts into the wrong things and is reaping what she has sown.

I agree with you here, Giselle.   I believe that Kyle has earned and deserves happiness, in large part because she places the most value on the truly important things - despite any money and fame that have come along with being who she is.

I'm not sure how the original post you quoted meant that Kyle is "enjoying" it.  I don't believe that Kyle is enjoying the fact that her sister is struggling and she is not.  I believe that Kyle would do just about anything for her sister to have the same amount of happy that she does.  She has done plenty in the past and will continue to do so, in my opinion.  I think she finally wised up to the fact that there is a fine line between helping and enabling, though - and that she operates differently when it comes to Kim's addiction issues now.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, straightshooter said:

I agree with you here, Giselle.   I believe that Kyle has earned and deserves happiness, in large part because she places the most value on the truly important things - despite any money and fame that have come along with being who she is.

I'm not sure how the original post you quoted meant that Kyle is "enjoying" it.  I don't believe that Kyle is enjoying the fact that her sister is struggling and she is not.  I believe that Kyle would do just about anything for her sister to have the same amount of happy that she does.  She has done plenty in the past and will continue to do so, in my opinion.  I think she finally wised up to the fact that there is a fine line between helping and enabling, though - and that she operates differently when it comes to Kim's addiction issues now

I've never thought nor did I my post imply that Kyle was lording her success over Kim, nor was I challenging the quoted post.

I made an observation on what each sister chose to focus their energies on and the results of each.

For the record I also agree with the balance of your post.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I've never thought nor did I my post imply that Kyle was lording her success over Kim, nor was I challenging the quoted post.

I made an observation on what each sister chose to focus their energies on and the results of each.

For the record I also agree with the balance of your post.

Ladies I think the confusion of “enjoying it” came from another poster. Giselle quoted a post and it came through twice. Giselle deleted her response from the second post but left the original posters post. Hope I am not adding to the confusion.

I think Kyle’s “reprieve” came when Mauricio broke off from the Hilton’s real estate agency….which allowed Kyle to stop being big sister Kathy’s patsy. The care/cover up of Kim fell on Kyle’s shoulders, but once Mauricio resigned and the Hilton’s were so pissed…Kyle grabbed hold of Mauricio and they ran for the hills.

Kyle is still covering for Kim. Would be interested to know how she and her daughter really feel about Kingsley biting her.

• Love 2