Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Amnesia Appetizers

• Start Topic

On 1/5/2017 at 7:14 PM, zoeysmom said:

Well, the conversation was about the discord between Rinna and LVP, and Rinna threw out her father died.  I am pretty certain LVP wasn't angry at Rinna because her father died, PK said, "that is a game changer."  Then Rinna complicated the conversation bringing Eileen into it.  The conversation was about LVP and Rinna.  So I don't think she is a nitwit in this instance when Eileen opened with, "a gathering of all the women BEFORE MY MOTHER DIED. . . "  Clarity is essential.  And I do think Dorit adequately conveyed the dinner conversation wasn't about Eileen.  If you are going to rely on second hand information, you better at least keep the facts straight.  So either Eileen's mom didn't two days before the Reunion, or Eileen misspoke.  Did they even mention that Eileen was on the outs with LVP?  Eileen also gives a mixed message with survival.   She has to add she didn't want to color the other women's attitude towards her.  (Fat chance of that with this group of barracudas.)  That is a subjective opinion by Eileen of how the others might conduct themselves.

Eileen's point in bringing it up was off, as she didn't think PK and Dorit had a right to their opinion.  They do.  It is okay for Eileen to explain herself and try and sway their opinion but totally wrong to declare someone doesn't have a right to an opinion.  I am quite certain had Eileen explained herself instead of the matter she went about it, there would have been less confusion. 

Eileen also led with the Erika nonsense, after as a group, they heard Erika and Dorit decide the issue was over.  So Eileen is really pushing boundaries and encouraging cross-talk.

See I do think Dorit was a bit sincere when she wasn't sure what on earth Eileen was talking about. Eileen pretty much started off with "Lisa texted me that my mother's death and my choice not to share it with the other ladies came up" paraphrase cause I don't exactly remember the wording but I remember thinking... Sheesh that's a very confusing and inaccurate assessment of what went down. I can totally see why Dorit  was all, Huh, what? Actually Eileen was a footnote in the middle of an already started conversation about the Rinna, LVP conflict last season and a random insertion by Rinna about the timing surrounding that and the death or her father and your mother. Rinna then digresses some more and starts sharing the decisions YOU made with regards to keeping it to yourself so close to the reunion. So yeah I was sort of with Dorit because Eileen wasn't an intentional part of their conversation. It wasn't as if Eileen was a deliberate go to topic at the party. As in, "So Rinna let's talk about Eileen and the death of her mom or her conflict with LVP last season" but the way Eileen presented it suggested that she was a predetermined focus of conversation at the party which wasn't the case. I think, once Dorit got a bit more information from Eileen she realized what she was referring to which is why she does start recalling pieces of the conversation after initially denying remembering it but she's so unsure about where Eileen is going with it that she immediately starts to minimize the whole exchange because it's already obvious that Eileen is up in arms about something and is already hugely mistaken so she chooses to just shut it done with, "I don't really recall your name coming up".  I get why Dorit would not remember having the conversation that Eileen was outlining because the one Eileen's describing didn't happen. So in a way Dorit was accurate in saying she didn't remember a conversation that was had in the manner in which it's being told to her. I consider that legit.

I'm not feeling strongly about Dorit or PK just yet. Pantygate is annoying and PK is creepy in how he handled that but I'm still not at the Dorit hate level just yet. I'm waiting to see what else happens however I don't feel the urge to defend her just wanted to point out how I saw that scene play out.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

See I do think Dorit was a bit sincere when she wasn't sure what on earth Eileen was talking about. Eileen pretty much started off with "Lisa texted me that my mother's death and my choice not to share it with the other ladies came up" paraphrase cause I don't exactly remember the wording but I remember thinking... Sheesh that's a very confusing and inaccurate assessment of what went down. I can totally see why Dorit  was all, Huh, what? Actually Eileen was a footnote in the middle of an already started conversation about the Rinna, LVP conflict last season and a random insertion by Rinna about the timing surrounding that and the death or her father and your mother. Rinna then digresses some more and starts sharing the decisions YOU made with regards to keeping it to yourself so close to the reunion. So yeah I was sort of with Dorit because Eileen wasn't an intentional part of their conversation. It wasn't as if Eileen was a deliberate go to topic at the party. As in, "So Rinna let's talk about Eileen and the death of her mom or her conflict with LVP last season" but the way Eileen presented it suggested that she was a predetermined focus of conversation at the party which wasn't the case. I think, once Dorit got a bit more information from Eileen she realized what she was referring to which is why she does start recalling pieces of the conversation after initially denying remembering it but she's so unsure about where Eileen is going with it that she immediately starts to minimize the whole exchange because it's already obvious that Eileen is up in arms about something and is already hugely mistaken so she chooses to just shut it done with, "I don't really recall your name coming up".  I get why Dorit would not remember having the conversation that Eileen was outlining because the one Eileen's describing didn't happen. So in a way Dorit was accurate in saying she didn't remember a conversation that was had in the manner in which it's being told to her. I consider that legit.

I'm not feeling strongly about Dorit or PK just yet. Pantygate is annoying and PK is creepy in how he handled that but I'm still not at the Dorit hate level just yet. I'm waiting to see what else happens however I don't feel the urge to defend her just wanted to point out how I saw that scene play out.

I agree. The way Eileen worded the start of that conversation made it sound like Dorit/PK brought up Eileen/mother's death themselves and not that Rinna brought her/it up. It was more of an accusation than a question IMO.  I find it strange (and telling) that Eileen didn't call and speak directly to Rinna about that conversation, asking who/why/how her name/mother came up to begin with because I think most people would want to have the facts, all of them, before confronting someone else about it. It makes it look like Eileen was looking to put Dorit "in her place"/embarrass her more than anything else.

• Love 7

As Rinna explained at Kyle's party, she texted Eileen because she felt she had overreached by talking about Eileen's mother.  And then turned it on Dorit for talking about it after Rinna brought it up.

EXACTLY like when Rinna went to Yolanda because Rinna had brought up the word Munchausen.  Then turned it on LVP and Kyle to make it their fault that Rinna talked about it.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

As Rinna explained at Kyle's party, she texted Eileen because she felt she had overreached by talking about Eileen's mother.  And then turned it on Dorit for talking about it after Rinna brought it up.

EXACTLY like when Rinna went to Yolanda because Rinna had brought up the word Munchausen.  Then turned it on LVP and Kyle to make it their fault that Rinna talked about it.

Exactly! Rinna does something and then blames someone else for her actions and Eileen goes along with it even though she should know better by now. LOL

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree. The way Eileen worded the start of that conversation made it sound like Dorit/PK brought up Eileen/mother's death themselves and not that Rinna brought her/it up. It was more of an accusation than a question IMO.  I find it strange (and telling) that Eileen didn't call and speak directly to Rinna about that conversation, asking who/why/how her name/mother came up to begin with because I think most people would want to have the facts, all of them, before confronting someone else about it. It makes it look like Eileen was looking to put Dorit "in her place"/embarrass her more than anything else.

Because Lisa Rinna is so far up Eileen's ass and they both like the way it feels. 

I would question their unequal friendship the same way they questioned Kyle's and LVP's last season in Dubai. It is just as odd.

Why hasn't Rinna said to Eileen "It's none of your business about Erica and Dorrit. Stop bringing it up" and Eileen never calls Rinna to task unless it suits Eileen's needs. She should have been the first to say that "Lets talk about your arrest" was a low blow.

But she doesn't shut the mouth that is kissing her ass.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I mean really. I never go into any sort of iffy conversation before I've interrogated the person sharing the information with me. I'm all "wait, let me get this straight... she said what? when? how? in what context? in what tone? did she sound playful? was she throwing shade? what were her mannerisms?" Cause boy, I want to make sure I have it crystal clear before I go in on anybody about anything cause I don't like opening my mouth unless I know for sure what the hell I'm talking about. ANNNNDDDDD no matter what I also take into serious consideration the person relaying the story.  I pay attention to THEIR mannerisms while telling me and reactions to MY reactions in order to determine what they may or may not be trying to get out of all of it... GUUURRRRRLLLLL! The world of gossip and catty come in all shapes and forms and I ain't about to be manipulated into doing someone else's dirty work for them or let someone create issues for me and someone else just for sport... Not even for a reality show paycheck. Uh-uh, No Ma'am.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Love 2

. I never go into any sort of iffy conversation before I've interrogated the person sharing the information with me

Then you wouldn't last as a Housewife ;) Aren't more than half of the confrontations on all franchise versions based on something someone else said about someone else?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Then you wouldn't last as a Housewife ;) Aren't more than half of the confrontations on all franchise versions based on something someone else said about someone else?

While that is true that doesn't mean that a HW on 1 of these shows shouldn't also have all the info as well, especially if they don't want to look/sound as ridiculous or as desperate for a storyline as Eileen does.

To me, the obvious was overlooked if Rinna didn't want to talk about her dispute with LVP, and she has moved on, why does she keep bringing it up? Or are we suppose to believe that no one was to find out about Eileen's m others death?  Even though LVP had extended condolences at PK nd Dorit's party?  So why did Rinna think she breached boundaries?  Was she try to protect Eileen from an expression of sympathy from either PK or Dorit?  It is the usual Rinna excuse, which of course makes Kim correct (hard to type), Rinna has excuses for talking about people and stirring the pot.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

To me, the obvious was overlooked if Rinna didn't want to talk about her dispute with LVP, and she has moved on, why does she keep bringing it up? Or are we suppose to believe that no one was to find out about Eileen's m others death?  Even though LVP had extended condolences at PK nd Dorit's party?  So why did Rinna think she breached boundaries?  Was she try to protect Eileen from an expression of sympathy from either PK or Dorit?  It is the usual Rinna excuse, which of course makes Kim correct (hard to type), Rinna has excuses for talking about people and stirring the pot.

To remind us that she really HAS moved on?

Don't you have to fill out one of those forms at the post office, so you can get your mail....after you move on?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

While that is true that doesn't mean that a HW on 1 of these shows shouldn't also have all the info as well, especially if they don't want to look/sound as ridiculous or as desperate for a storyline as Eileen does.

Eileen who?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, izabella said:

And poor Kyle gets pulled into it by Dorit just like Rinna and LVP pulled her in about the Munchausen.  I swear, Kyle can't catch a break no matter how she tries.  Dorit puts her words into Kyle's mouth.  I'm glad they showed the clip showing Dorit speaking the words she tried to claim Kyle said.  It turns out Kyle said the same thing Eileen said about Erika being blindsided with pantygate.  The editors are doing a bang up job this season catching the ladies in their non-truths.  Bravo!  Literally.  LOL!

• Love 4

I´m a bit late to the game this time, I just had to rewatch this episode because I didn´t really notice most of the stuff you were mentioning. So after watching again, my main take is mostly that I really like the show as it is now. There´s a good mix and balance of personalities, the meanness is at a minimum and the stupid-gates are really stupid, re: panty-gate. I don´t have a problem with Dorit, I think she´s a great fit for the show. She and her husband are silly, they say so many dumb things or like Dorit, the way she played her "I don´t remember" with Eileen was wonderful. PK saying that they wanted to show the have-nots how the haves live was the type of crazy stuff that belongs on the show. And he´s a ride or die Lisa V supporter so that´s cool. And all the Boy George worship is hilarious, wtf? And the weird guy at the dinner party, Eliot Mintz I think his name was, what the hell was that? This is just the stuff I want to see. So I just want to say that I don´t think Dorit deserves to be placed in the "she should be a one season wonder" corner, because she is much better than that. Also seeing Camille was a gift. Can´t say I look forward to the gift of Kim that´s up next!

I´m at a point right now where I like all the women, kind of, and that rarely happens on these wonderful Real housewives shows. It takes a lot for me to actually stop watching them, but during the last season of RHoBH I just read these forums for the last 4 episodes or so.

I hope Eileen and Rinna stop bringing up the deaths, they should just play nice. Eileen should go back to her first season self, she was boring but in a really cool way and that´s a personality that elevates the whole show.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2017 at 10:35 PM, swankie said:

And poor Kyle gets pulled into it by Dorit just like Rinna and LVP pulled her in about the Munchausen.  I swear, Kyle can't catch a break no matter how she tries.  Dorit puts her words into Kyle's mouth.  I'm glad they showed the clip showing Dorit speaking the words she tried to claim Kyle said.  It turns out Kyle said the same thing Eileen said about Erika being blindsided with pantygate.  The editors are doing a bang up job this season catching the ladies in their non-truths.  Bravo!  Literally.  LOL!

But Dorit isn't pulling her in, Kyle was there when she came up with the idea to buy the underwear so why didn't she just tell her she thought it was a bad idea? Kyle nodded when Dorit said there was unresolved feelings and basically said the same idea in different words her "she felt blindsided" was clearly going off Dorit's comment to help explain why Erika might have unresolved feelings.

We also saw her talk about it with LVP and saying she noticed before and being shocked when it wasn't a nude thong, so the idea she was not involved at all in Erika's main criticism, the women gossiping behind her back is complete horseshit.*

*Though I think that any of these women framing the costars  discussing issues that happened on camera as being "behind their back" is also horseshit.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Kyle nodded when Dorit said there was unresolved feelings and basically said the same idea in different sizes words her "she felt blindsided" was clearly going off Dorit's comment to help explain why Erika might have unresolved feelings.

I didn't see Kyle nod.  Dorit clearly put the words that she said in Kyle's mouth which had nothing to do with Erika being blindsided.  Unresolved feelings and blindsided are not related terms.  That's why Kyle was aghast when Dorit tried to say that Kyle said Erika had unresolved feelings.  And Kyle being there when Dorit bought the underwear isn't really the issue either if you ask me.  The issue was Dorit's preoccupation with Erika going commando in the first place.  The blindsided thing was Erika's reaction to the fact that PK saw her hoohah and nobody told her at the time to close her legs.  Buying the underwear and making a huge issue of the whole thing was not Kyle's doing, it was all Dorit.  She did try to pull Kyle into it just because she had a conversation about her plan to present Erika with the undies and had a subsequent conversation with her when the whole joke went awry.  Even if Kyle nodded, which I didn't see, doesn't mean she was part of the whole plan which I think Dorit was trying to allude to.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, swankie said:

I didn't see Kyle nod.  Dorit clearly put the words that she said in Kyle's mouth which had nothing to do with Erika being blindsided.  Unresolved feelings and blindsided are not related terms.  That's why Kyle was aghast when Dorit tried to say that Kyle said Erika had unresolved feelings.  And Kyle being there when Dorit bought the underwear isn't really the issue either if you ask me.  The issue was Dorit's preoccupation with Erika going commando in the first place.  The blindsided thing was Erika's reaction to the fact that PK saw her hoohah and nobody told her at the time to close her legs.  Buying the underwear and making a huge issue of the whole thing was not Kyle's doing, it was all Dorit.  She did try to pull Kyle into it just because she had a conversation about her plan to present Erika with the undies and had a subsequent conversation with her when the whole joke went awry.  Even if Kyle nodded, which I didn't see, doesn't mean she was part of the whole plan which I think Dorit was trying to allude to.

Sometimes it is all in the execution and timing.  If after the Escape Room, when they were seated at the table, Dorit would have done the presentation of the panties, and left out, "we have all seen your pretty puss," it might have been better received.  Always do these kind of jokes from a seated position.

• Love 1