Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Amnesia Appetizers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I've never thought nor did I my post imply that Kyle was lording her success over Kim, nor was I challenging the quoted post.

I made an observation on what each sister chose to focus their energies on and the results of each.

For the record I also agree with the balance of your post.

I know that you didn't imply anything about Kyle lording success over Kim and didn't take your words to mean that, which was why I mentioned the post you had quoted - and I am not even sure how THAT poster meant it, to be honest.   (I was hoping my post didn't suggest that I thought anyone was implying anything, really)  I agreed completely with your observation.   I was just offering my thoughts (independent of any interpretation of the thoughts of others) on the matter, which are purely opinion, of course.  Apologies to anyone who might've misinterpreted my words.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ladies I think the confusion of “enjoying it” came from another poster. Giselle quoted a post and it came through twice. Giselle deleted her response from the second post but left the original posters post. Hope I am not adding to the confusion.

I think Kyle’s “reprieve” came when Mauricio broke off from the Hilton’s real estate agency….which allowed Kyle to stop being big sister Kathy’s patsy. The care/cover up of Kim fell on Kyle’s shoulders, but once Mauricio resigned and the Hilton’s were so pissed…Kyle grabbed hold of Mauricio and they ran for the hills.

Kyle is still covering for Kim. Would be interested to know how she and her daughter really feel about Kingsley biting her.

Thank you.

I was texting from my phone that day and I double posted my response to Jay Jay 1979 whom I believed to be commenting on Kyle's success in her own right. I did not and still do not interpret it as her smugly holding it up to Kim.  Both of my posts were exactly the same word for word. Unfortunately since the new PTV overhaul I have certain posting issues on my cell phone one of them being that I can't delete a quote if I change my mind, or clicked the wrong quote, or perform the wrong action once I've clicked the quote button. I can delete my response but not the quote . Clicking the "little boxed x" above the quote along with backspace or delete doesn't work. I can not log out and then log back in to be rid of it. The quote will stay there until I press the submit button and it is posted. I did what I could to get rid of the double post and I did put "double post" in the reason for editing box.

I agree that Maricio's independent success has a part in Kyles success but it is also her efforts put in over the years, her businesses are growing, her marriage and  her children are thriving, also her return to the screen beginning with RHoBH is now growing into having her own series. People should enjoy the efforts of their hard work. Kim is and has been a beneficiary of Kyle's success. It is a fact that Kyle is at a successful period in her life, who has issues with that is Kim because of what she has lost and that is not because of Kyle but because of Kim's own actions. If Kim were as successful as Kyle or even more so Kyle would be over the moon. Kyle would even settle for Kim just getting her life in order. Gloating, shoving her success in Kim's face does not seem like something Kyle would do.

When it comes to Kingsley and Kim I believe Kyle is smartly letting her lawyers speak on her behalf. I don't believe she is covering for Kim and Kingsley. Kyle did not allow it to happen, she did not know about the attack till after the fact and I believe that dog would have never been in the house had Kyle been there. I believe Kim has lied to her family about the dog's whereabouts and her continued involvement with him.  But the sad fact is that it happened on Kyle's property so she can be sued. The victim is suing everybody and seeing what will stick. She is suing Kyle because that is where the money is. Kyle can't say anything with out it being used against her later in court. She is not covering Kim she is covering her own rear. I hope the victim wins and gets fair restitution but more importantly I hope that Kim and her agent/publicist (whatever) are held criminally liable and serve time. I also hope a judge fully forces the dog to be put down and holds Kim in contempt until the dog is surrendered and killed.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Thank you.

I was texting from my phone that day and I double posted my response to Jay Jay 1979 whom I believed to be commenting on Kyle's success in her own right. I did not and still do not interpret it as her smugly holding it up to Kim.  Both of my posts were exactly the same word for word. Unfortunately since the new PTV overhaul I have certain posting issues on my cell phone one of them being that I can't delete a quote if I change my mind, or clicked the wrong quote, or perform the wrong action once I've clicked the quote button. I can delete my response but not the quote . Clicking the "little boxed x" above the quote along with backspace or delete doesn't work. I can not log out and then log back in to be rid of it. The quote will stay there until I press the submit button and it is posted. I did what I could to get rid of the double post and I did put "double post" in the reason for editing box.

I agree that Maricio's independent success has a part in Kyles success but it is also her efforts put in over the years, her businesses are growing, her marriage and  her children are thriving, also her return to the screen beginning with RHoBH is now growing into having her own series. People should enjoy the efforts of their hard work. Kim is and has been a beneficiary of Kyle's success. It is a fact that Kyle is at a successful period in her life, who has issues with that is Kim because of what she has lost and that is not because of Kyle but because of Kim's own actions. If Kim were as successful as Kyle or even more so Kyle would be over the moon. Kyle would even settle for Kim just getting her life in order. Gloating, shoving her success in Kim's face does not seem like something Kyle would do.

When it comes to Kingsley and Kim I believe Kyle is smartly letting her lawyers speak on her behalf. I don't believe she is covering for Kim and Kingsley. Kyle did not allow it to happen, she did not know about the attack till after the fact and I believe that dog would have never been in the house had Kyle been there. I believe Kim has lied to her family about the dog's whereabouts and her continued involvement with him.  But the sad fact is that it happened on Kyle's property so she can be sued. The victim is suing everybody and seeing what will stick. She is suing Kyle because that is where the money is. Kyle can't say anything with out it being used against her later in court. She is not covering Kim she is covering her own rear. I hope the victim wins and gets fair restitution but more importantly I hope that Kim and her agent/publicist (whatever) are held criminally liable and serve time. I also hope a judge fully forces the dog to be put down and holds Kim in contempt until the dog is surrendered and killed.

I wasn't even referring to the current lawsuits. I was thinking back to when Kyle's daughter got bitten. Kyle or her daughter posted either an Instagram pic or Twitter pic while in the hospital getting antibiotics via the drippy thing. What I was recalling was Kim going bat shit crazy on Kyle for the pic. Like Kyle purposely posted it to make Kim look bad and I seem to recall Kim referring to the bite as a mere scratch.

So next week Kim is back and her and Lisa go at it again. Will we get another scene of a meet in the park and Kim walking over a guardrail towards the highway?

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I wasn't even referring to the current lawsuits. I was thinking back to when Kyle's daughter got bitten. Kyle or her daughter posted either an Instagram pic or Twitter pic while in the hospital getting antibiotics via the drippy thing. What I was recalling was Kim going bat shit crazy on Kyle for the pic. Like Kyle purposely posted it to make Kim look bad and I seem to recall Kim referring to the bite as a mere scratch.

So next week Kim is back and her and Lisa go at it again. Will we get another scene of a meet in the park and Kim walking over a guardrail towards the highway?

Sorry but when it comes to Kim I have more sympathy for the mountain lion and her cub that were struck and killed weeks apart on the 118 in the last month than I would for Kim if she jumped another guardrail then stared down an 18 wheeler and lost. She has no respect for the people she has injured.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Sorry but when it comes to Kim I have more sympathy for the mountain lion and her cub that were struck and killed weeks apart on the 118 in the last month than I would for Kim if she jumped another guardrail then stared down an 18 wheeler and lost. She has no respect for the people she has injured.

Mostly Kim injures herself.  Rinna and Eileen suffered no real harm-some insults.  Kim's biggest target has always been Kyle and obviously Kathy Hilton has manipulated her issues with Kyle and Mauricio with Kim.  Year after year people pull for Kim and hope she gets well, she will never be well or apologetic, she will be a survivor, even if it kills those around her. 

• Love 5
On January 5, 2017 at 7:21 PM, princelina said:

So sorry for your loss!  But girl, I get it - my grandmother had us all swear on stacks of Bibles that if she died in her sleep, we'd put her teeth in before calling anyone :)

I was in the hospital once for a perforated bowel. I stupidly delayed going to the er until it was very bad and at that point I didnt care what I looked like. I had a friend tell me that I looked "like a concentration camp victim" after all the blood loss but at that point all I cared about was living. People were sticking me everywhere with ivs and Im sure my ass was hanging out of the gown more than once but I was like whatever.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kyle is still covering for Kim. Would be interested to know how she and her daughter really feel about Kingsley biting her.

They probably don't care, as Kingsley is a dog and dog's bite. 

• Love 1

I don't know if Kyle was at home when Kingsley attacked this woman.  But I do know this.  That dog is problem.  A huge problem.  Kim shouldn't even have him no less taking him to other people's homes, be it her sister or not.  I also don't know if Kim's son let the dog out but if 'he' did, then he needs more help.  I do find it weird that this woman handed over her cell phone.  Nope, if I'm that injured, screw you, I call for an ambulance.  I think there's a lot of questions going on here that don't make sense on both sides.  And where were Kyle's dogs?  It's just weird.

It was mentioned earlier about Kyle having low self esteem.  I don't think that's really the case.  I think Kyle has walked the road of taking care of Kim while Kathy enjoyed the high life.  There's a reason why big Kathy made Kyle the executor of her estate and told her to take care of Kim.  That's a huge burden to carry.  Add to that your husband was working for your brother in law for many years.  Mauricio broke away and started his own very successful business.  Sure, Kathy and her husband had negative things to say about Mauricio 'stealing' clients and Kyle had to deal with that.  But the fact is that Mauricio was successful at Hilton because he was really good at his job.  Sorry, he had the right to move on and reap bigger rewards over shallow promises. 

And then there's Kim.  No matter how anyone feels about big Kathy, Kyle loved her mom.  And she wanted to do what her mom asked of her.  Tough love is hard when you've being sent on guilt trips by both your sisters.  In the end, Kyle outed Kim was the best thing she did for Kim.  And we've seen the guilt Kyle has gone through because of that.  I think  Kyle wants the best for Kim but she has mostly released herself from the guilt of Kim and the guilt from Kathy.  She's doing her own thing now,  first with the store and now with the TV series.  Kyle appears to be the happiest she's ever been this season.  Sure, she still has to deal with her sisters but it's different kind of dealing.

I've always liked Kyle.  Maybe because I've understood many of the things she was going through.  She always impressed me as a mom (as well as Mauricio).  It says so much about her.  Their kids are turning out really well so far and seem to have their priorities straight.  Sure.  Some of the kids have had 'moments'.  Whose kids haven't?  Overall, they're on a good track.

As far as Mauricio having some sort of inappropriate relationship with his children, nope.  I see him as a great dad.  A dad who has a relationship with his children and wanting them to participate in the family business is nothing unusual.  I like that they're interested.  Says a lot.

And you've got to love their dogs.  On the preview, notice the one dog (I'm thinking River is his name) is in and about during game night.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 18
22 minutes ago, Kanena said:

Kyle did care as did her daughter, Alexia almost lost her thumb in the attack, she required surgery because of it and lost a semester at college as a result. Not all dogs bite and Kingsley didn't just bite her, he attacked her, just like he has 6-7 other people in total. He has been called "vicious" by several dog trainers that work with very aggressive dogs, they have said that he is 1 of, if not the, most dangerous dogs they have encountered. Also, on top of Alexia getting attacked, Kim brought the dog to Kyle's home when Kyle was out of the country, he attacked yet another person and that person is now suing Kim, Kim's agent and Kyle! So, yes, I do believe that Kyle cares.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, What In The said:

I was in the hospital once for a perforated bowel. I stupidly delayed going to the er until it was very bad and at that point I didnt care what I looked like. I had a friend tell me that I looked "like a concentration camp victim" after all the blood loss but at that point all I cared about was living. People were sticking me everywhere with ivs and Im sure my ass was hanging out of the gown more than once but I was like whatever.

Grace of God. Those times when God, or the universe, gets us out of our own way, puts someone or something in our path, opens us to understand, allows us to surrender or ask for help or allows us to be held up when it matters most.  

Happened a lot when I was a caregiver for my mom and dad.

• Love 6
On 1/8/2017 at 11:34 PM, Kanena said:

Dogs bite? No, all dogs don't bite. I have never had a dog that bites. I can take something right out of my dog's mouth. True, she is a Great Dane and prone to being extremely conciliatory, but all dogs don't bite. Certainly all dogs don't go around routinely attacking people. All dog owners don't face multiple lawsuits because they have a dog who is a danger to the public at large.  All dog owner haven't faced at least 3 documented 911 calls made because of their attacks. Not all dog owners have to change their dogs name to hide them. The very idea is simply ludicrous.  

From what we saw at the reunion, Kyle cared a lot. Would she have been willing to try and protect Kim (per usual) more than other people would have in that situation? Yes, she would have. The problem seemed to be that Kim didn't much care. Didn't see what the big deal was. Per usual. She cared more about how the whole thing would impact her. Didn't like that pictures were taken of a young girl at the hospital. That was what Kim cared about. Not what her niece had suffered through. Not about how scared Kyle was. But what about it all meant for her. She is exhausting, and Kyle has been a far better sister to Kim than Kim has ever been to Kyle. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 23

Well, no they don't and that's really not the point. Kingsley may have some issues that need to be addressed--and addressed by someone responsible who knows how. Kim is not that and, as such, is a danger to not only other people but to that poor dog. If fact, in a way, Kim is lucky that one of the people Kingsley hurt is her own niece (just like my neighbor is lucky that it was my BF that her dog bit; we are not about to aid in someone's pet being taken away...though my BF in the immediate aftermath was 100% for it--tequila took care of that).

There's good reason that some animals (even cats) are recommended to be adopted only by people with specific lifestyles. Kim should probably adopt one of her beloved turtles if she needs a pet--they're damn near indestructible.   

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Dogs bite? No, all dogs don't bite. I have never had a dog that bites. I can take something right out of my dog's mouth. True, she is a Great Dane and prone to being extremely conciliatory, but all dogs don't bite. Certainly all dogs don't go around routinely attacking people. All dog owners don't face multiple lawsuits because they have a dog who is a danger to the public at large.  All dog owner haven't faced at least 3 documented 911 calls made because of their attacks. Not all dog owners have to change their dogs name to hide them. The very idea is simply ludicrous.  

From what we saw at the reunion, Kyle cared a lot. Would she have been willing to try and protect Kim (per usual) more than other people would have in that situation? Yes, she would have. The problem seemed to be that Kim didn't much care. Didn't see what the big deal was. Per usual. She cared more about how the whole thing would impact her. Didn't like that pictures were taken of a young girl at the hospital. That was what Kim cared about. Not what her niece had suffered through. Not about how scared Kyle was. But what about it all meant for her. She is exhausting, and Kyle has been a far better sister to Kim than Kim has ever been to Kyle. 

Ha..I thought of a scene from the Pink Panther movies.

I seem to recall Kyle saying her daughter got bitten and it went down to the bone. She had to go into the hospital a few weeks after the incident because her daughter got an infection and needed antibiotics via IV. Kim was dismissive of the injury, of her niece and of Kyle.

I still think Kyle walks on eggshells in Kim’s presence. Kyle always looks like she is bracing when Kim is in the vicinity. Like what the fuck is the bitch gonna unleash on me today.

• Love 10

Since it will be Eileen's only storyline this year, I do believe the ever so aware Eileen does suffer from an awareness problem.  To date before picnic table talk, Eileen interaction with Dorit had been pretty positive.  I mean the resolution conscious Eileen had every opportunity, after laughing along with the others with the gift of panties, to change course and tell Dorit, she, Eileen, was uncomfortable with how it made Erika feel.  Oh no Eileen waited until she had a solo strike.  Same with the pre-luncheon diatribe about how Eileen grieves-wait for Rinna.  Eileen's lack of awareness stems from the fact, most people do not want to go back and relive conversations and they certainly don't want to do it when they have settled the situation with the other person.  (Dorit and Erika.)

I saw no need for her to repeat the Rinna conversation, because in Erika and Eileen's own words-you weren't there.  To think someone was actually dictating how another should grieve was a stretch.  For a woman who values communication, she, Eileen isn't very good at it. 

I fear there is going to be just continual emphasis placed on Dorit, Rinna and Eileen until they Rinna and Eileen extract their pound of flesh from Dorit, for no apparent reason.  Other than Dorit and PK are friends of LVP.

It may also come as a surprise to Eileen, there a group of people out there who frown upon married people having affairs.  I am guessing the vast majority of them don't apologize for their beliefs.   So perhaps Eileen might want to honor a persons freedom of speech and opinion.  Kind of like how Eileen continues to promulgate she would have been treated differently at the Reunion.  Can't put your head on another's shoulders.  Maybe that is the conversation Rinna should have repeated to Eileen.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I still think Kyle walks on eggshells in Kim’s presence. Kyle always looks like she is bracing when Kim is in the vicinity. Like what the fuck is the bitch gonna unleash on me today.

Spot on observation.

Kim don't care and Kyle cares too much.

Kim don't care because she has had people take up for her when she gets into shit.

She hasn't had to deal with the responsibility of her actions because Kyle is a 'good sister' - someone who enables the crappy behavior that no one ever bothered to correct...

Instead of taking the 'high road' (Pun intended) and telling her where to get off, Kyle turns into Super Sister and battles the evil forces that are trying to take Kim down?

-----

An incident - similar to the Kingsley Affair - happened in my family.

Because the dog owner was a 'Kim' - nothing was ever done about the situation.

There are no bad animals, only bad owners - and the idiot people around the owners that make excuses for them.

• Love 6

I'm always irritated when I hear Kathy and Ricky complain about Mauricio stealing clients. You can't steal clients. You can take clients' contact information, but if the client feels more loyalty to Hilton and Hyland than Mauricio then nothing changes. However, Mauricio was a great agent. Many of his clients elected to follow him because he had done right by them and developed good relationships with them. That shit is on Ricky. He wouldn't make Mauricio a partner and it doesn't appear that he had a non-compete clause with Mauricio. The Agency has been around for like 5 years and it's one of the biggest luxury real estate firms.

This is what I think about Kim. ? I'm unlikely to change my opinion in the foreseeable future.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Spot on observation.

Kim don't care and Kyle cares too much.

Kim don't care because she has had people take up for her when she gets into shit.

She hasn't had to deal with the responsibility of her actions because Kyle is a 'good sister' - someone who enables the crappy behavior that no one ever bothered to correct...

Instead of taking the 'high road' (Pun intended) and telling her where to get off, Kyle turns into Super Sister and battles the evil forces that are trying to take Kim down?

-----

An incident - similar to the Kingsley Affair - happened in my family.

Because the dog owner was a 'Kim' - nothing was ever done about the situation.

There are no bad animals, only bad owners - and the idiot people around the owners that make excuses for them.

This is the dysfunctional world that non-truly recovered addicts and non-truly recovered co-dependents/enablers who love them live in.  It's my world.  The addict is never stressed as long as as they have fed their addiction for the moment but the co-dependent/enabling loved one is always stressed.

I could literally sit down with Kyle in her most glam outfit in her most glam house and have the most real, raw, down to earth discussion about our sisters.  It would be sad and depressing as it should be.  We both really needed to work an Al-anon program years ago (it's a 2017 resolution of mine.)  We are not heros at all but just live our lives like non-addicts and the view from the outside can be striking. 

The addict can get so low in every area of life that they aren't living like a normal person so the normal sibling can look "heroic" (I really hate that description) for helping them but there is no joy or looking for accolades.  It's about helping your sibling to literally survive and not go back to jail or lose their house/car/job/kids.

For those on the forum who think that Kyle likes Kim in active addiction, you really show your ignorance to what addiction is and what it does to people and families.  Please educate yourselves with the many resources available.  Even a few episodes of Intervention could be very beneficial.  Pay close attention to the friends and families who "like looking like the good ones" and "like looking "heroic."'     

• Love 18
On 1/8/2017 at 1:03 AM, lunastartron said:

Since the topic of Rinna's schizophrenic and exploitative (in my view) reaction to Amsterdam figured prominently up thread, I noticed a pretty big omission in the summary of events: Rinna had ostensibly dropped the conflict with Kim and expressed her "love" for her after the blowup. She only located her outrage again and started her years-long relitigation of the issue after her boss EILEEN scolded her for trying to make the rest of their trip bearable at a tete a tete in some Dutch bar. Only THEN did the "I will fuck you up" texts commence once they'd returned home. And Rinna's inability to drop the matter recalls nothing so much as Eileen continuing to grouse a full year later about apologies after she'd received no less than five. 

Ugh yes!  She did the same thing to Rinna at Wally's when she wouldn't cosign Vanderpump's manipulative ways.  to me this was the most frustrating omission at the reunion.  Eileen was so explicitly manipulating Rinna  in the exact manner (actually worse) she was accusing LVP yet this obvious counterargument was never aired. I say "aired" not "made" because it's too blatant to not have been said. Even more strange is Eileen's blindness to her own glaring hypocrisy.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Since it will be Eileen's only storyline this year, I do believe the ever so aware Eileen does suffer from an awareness problem.  To date before picnic table talk, Eileen interaction with Dorit had been pretty positive.  I mean the resolution conscious Eileen had every opportunity, after laughing along with the others with the gift of panties, to change course and tell Dorit, she, Eileen, was uncomfortable with how it made Erika feel.  Oh no Eileen waited until she had a solo strike.  Same with the pre-luncheon diatribe about how Eileen grieves-wait for Rinna.  Eileen's lack of awareness stems from the fact, most people do not want to go back and relive conversations and they certainly don't want to do it when they have settled the situation with the other person.  (Dorit and Erika.)

I saw no need for her to repeat the Rinna conversation, because in Erika and Eileen's own words-you weren't there.  To think someone was actually dictating how another should grieve was a stretch.  For a woman who values communication, she, Eileen isn't very good at it. 

I fear there is going to be just continual emphasis placed on Dorit, Rinna and Eileen until they Rinna and Eileen extract their pound of flesh from Dorit, for no apparent reason.  Other than Dorit and PK are friends of LVP.

It may also come as a surprise to Eileen, there a group of people out there who frown upon married people having affairs.  I am guessing the vast majority of them don't apologize for their beliefs.   So perhaps Eileen might want to honor a persons freedom of speech and opinion.  Kind of like how Eileen continues to promulgate she would have been treated differently at the Reunion.  Can't put your head on another's shoulders.  Maybe that is the conversation Rinna should have repeated to Eileen.

Eileen reminds me of a stage actress on an Off Off Broadway show. It’s a theater with poor acoustics and lighting. Eileen OVER emotes and is more flamboyant with her body movements so that the person in the back row can see and hear her.  Only Eileen uses her whispery voice…as though she is going to reveal something scandalous or something really deep. I’m always left with one of the following reactions…it’s either “that’s it?!?!?!” or “again with the waiting for Lisa V to apologize….arrgh”

There are times I see Eileen as Rain Man…repeating the same 10 things a million times…like her script on Days. She also writes her own script of conversations prior to meeting another cast member.  She then gets totally thrown off when the other person says something other than what she could have imagined. This happened with her park talk with Dorit. She got totally flustered when Dorit played the amnesia card and at first tried to incorporate the original lines she prepared herself. She sucks at ad libbing. Even though I’m not a Dorit fan…that scene made me crack up.

• Love 8
On 1/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, zoeysmom said:

I cut the kid a break because grandma has been with dementia for a number of years and nine  months before he lost a pretty spectacular grandfather. Grandma did die at 94 years of age and that is pretty hard to fathom for a kid 14.  Grandma was a good 3 1/2- 4 hour drive away and I am guessing there was more time spent with Grandma and Mom on the phone than in person visits. Jesse was correct the scene was filmed eight months after grandma died and he probably was pretty desensitized to the situation.  He does seem to take after his dad with the wisecracks. 

Grandma also lived in one of the most boring places ever for a child.  Cambria, CA.  I grew up there and know of what I speak.  After my dad died my sisters and I said we are never going back.  Not because its boring but chalk full of bad memories and has a very weird vibe.  It is also a cancer cluster and I knew FAR too many people that got rare/strange diseases at an early age.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Grandma also lived in one of the most boring places ever for a child.  Cambria, CA.  I grew up there and know of what I speak.  After my dad died my sisters and I said we are never going back.  Not because its boring but chalk full of bad memories and has a very weird vibe.  It is also a cancer cluster and I knew FAR too many people that got rare/strange diseases at an early age.

You probably remember this movie filmed in Cambria:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099052/

I am familiar with the house with the spider web windows in Cambria.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Wow, I didn't realize the house was in Cambria. I regularly co-facilitate workshops at Esalen, so I pass through Cambria somewhat regularly. What a bizarre place to live. There is a "vibe" there for sure!

• Love 2

This show makes me happy and grateful that I'm poor, but intelligent!   Geez ...

Eileen doesn't know how to function as part of an ensemble "cast." She's too ingrained in being a soap start do know how to function without creating high drama and tension over everything.  She's pretty mellow when it's just her and her husband.

Lisa Rinna is just stupid. Why would she tell Eileen that her name was brought up in passing at a boring dinner party. Dorit was probably lying through her veneers, but OTOH, that party was such a snooze-fest, maybe she truly forgot.  That windbag guy probably dominated the table talk for the rest of the evening.

I don't mind Erika. I think she's kind of amusing. I also don't understand all the pearl-clutching over the "you've been 40 for a whole week" remark. It was funny. Get over yourselves.

Could we just get a show that starred Lisa Vanderpump and Kyle gadding about in Beverly Hills? That would be so much more fun and interesting!

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, grisgris said:

This show makes me happy and grateful that I'm poor, but intelligent!   Geez ...

Eileen doesn't know how to function as part of an ensemble "cast." She's too ingrained in being a soap start do know how to function without creating high drama and tension over everything.  She's pretty mellow when it's just her and her husband.

Lisa Rinna is just stupid. Why would she tell Eileen that her name was brought up in passing at a boring dinner party. Dorit was probably lying through her veneers, but OTOH, that party was such a snooze-fest, maybe she truly forgot.  That windbag guy probably dominated the table talk for the rest of the evening.

I don't mind Erika. I think she's kind of amusing. I also don't understand all the pearl-clutching over the "you've been 40 for a whole week" remark. It was funny. Get over yourselves.

Could we just get a show that starred Lisa Vanderpump and Kyle gadding about in Beverly Hills? That would be so much more fun and interesting!

Andy, read the bolded part!!!  We know you and Bravo read this board!!     

• Love 7
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

You probably remember this movie filmed in Cambria:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099052/

I am familiar with the house with the spider web windows in Cambria.

Yep!  The high school shown (Broncos) was my high school and I knew almost all the kids featured.    The coach with the red hair?  A year or so later was found making out with his sons gf in a closet at the prom by another teacher.  He ended up leaving and getting a promotion at another school an hour south.  I would never send my kid (if I had any) to school there.  My 5th grade teacher brought his 15 year old gf to a class picnic.  From what I understand not much has changed with the school.  My niece was going there until they moved back to SB.  Not fond memories of most of my time there.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Wow, I didn't realize the house was in Cambria. I regularly co-facilitate workshops at Esalen, so I pass through Cambria somewhat regularly. What a bizarre place to live. There is a "vibe" there for sure!

Bizarre is right.  I get people telling me all the time it must have been wonderful growing up there.  Um no.  Huge drug problems, adults were in their own world, absolutely nothing for kids to do, schools were terrible and still are.  MANY people also talk about how haunted and perhaps cursed it is.  I know I had a ton of stuff happen at our house and most of my friends had ghosts in their house.  Some places feel really off.  

I was sad seeing that car accident where the car ran off the road at Ragged Point recently.  My best friends parents managed it back in the day and I spent a ton of time there.  Those roads are crazy scary and I cannot imagine the fear of going over the side.

My sister is fairly certain she recognized the house as one a family friend used to live in a long time ago.  In the old racetrack area across from the lodge (was a racetrack in the early 70's before they built a subdivision).

So all this to say I get why Eileen's kid may not have dug going there.

• Love 2

To quote Star Wars, "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy". I, too, spent a significant portion of my life in Cambria. It appears to be a friendly place but there are more sociopaths per capita than anywhere else on the planet. Cancer cluster, neurological disease cluster, and generally more than their share of straight-up jerks. Many young people died due to absolutely nothing to do for kids and drugs and alcohol being way too available. Eileen and her family are well served to be free of that place.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PixieDot said:

To quote Star Wars, "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy". I, too, spent a significant portion of my life in Cambria. It appears to be a friendly place but there are more sociopaths per capita than anywhere else on the planet. Cancer cluster, neurological disease cluster, and generally more than their share of straight-up jerks. Many young people died due to absolutely nothing to do for kids and drugs and alcohol being way too available. Eileen and her family are well served to be free of that place.

Eileen was actually raised in Artesia, I think mom was one of the numerous retirees that invade Cambria.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PixieDot said:

omg, I have never herd of Cambria and now I'm fascinated. What on earth happened there to cause all this???

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

omg, I have never herd of Cambria and now I'm fascinated. What on earth happened there to cause all this???

There were a lot of meth labs and they have dumped the chemicals into the ground/creeks which got into the water is one way possibly but before that who knows.  As far as hauntings, there are a lot of Native American items found all over the place so maybe that.  All I know is I know a ton of people that have had experiences there in many areas of the town.

A lot of elder abuse happens in that county as well.  In north county there was Karen Guth for one who bilked millions (Pasolivo) from senior citizens among others.  Plus APS does nada and there is one trust atty in particular who is very crooked.  Ask other atty's, paralegals what they think of this guy and they all say he is corrupt without prompting.  When my sisters and I had our case our atty had another person come in to get help because this particular trust atty screwed them the way they did us and he was filing a complaint with the bar (as we had done).  The woman who screwed over my family is buddy buddy with Guth as well as another person who got busted for stealing from a trust of another very elderly person (the thief ended up losing his restaurant and reputation).  Now that I think about it another friend of hers lost her real estate license for inappropriate trust dealings.  If you are a senior living there be careful!

Lack of oversight, lack of funding, and just plain weirdness makes it a hotbed for corruption.  YAY Eileen never has to go back there!

Looking forward to tonights show!

• Love 1

This is fascinating. We usually stop in Cambria to eat on the way to and from Big Sur. I think Cambria has always felt strange to me in part because it is such a transient tourist stop. I imagine most people swing through on their Big Sur travels. It's like this little hub of activity for many different kinds of people who are just passing by. It's hard for me to imagine living there as an actual resident.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

To give you a better idea of where Cambria is- think Hearst Castle.  It is quite close.  They have a pretty thriving art community, a lot of people I know have second homes there or chose to retire there.  Beautiful weather.  It is just one of those incestuous little central coastal towns in California.  Their county boasts a sexual offender prison hospital.

• Love 1

Dorit has a one great body, but she can fuck off on how someone handles grief.  I just suffered a major loss last month (husband) and believe me,  it's not something you want to talk about 24/7.  Sometimes you need a break and want to keep your grief to yourself.  

Lisa Rinna's lips are fucking ridiculous!  Eileen somehow looks even better to me than she did last season.  And I can't help but love Erika.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Dorit has a one great body, but she can fuck off on how someone handles grief.  I just suffered a major loss last month (husband) and believe me,  it's not something you want to talk about 24/7.  Sometimes you need a break and want to keep your grief to yourself.  

Lisa Rinna's lips are fucking ridiculous!  Eileen somehow looks even better to me than she did last season.  And I can't help but love Erika.

Sasha, I am so incredibly sorry. I know you have mentioned what your husband was suffering through from time to time, but I didn't understand the full weight of it all. Hugs and prayers to you. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Me neither!!  I Googled it for goodness sake!!  Nothing nefarious came up so I was confused! 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Sasha, I am so incredibly sorry. I know you have mentioned what your husband was suffering through from time to time, but I didn't understand the full weight of it all. Hugs and prayers to you. 

Thank you so much.  He handled everything so well but the last two months it went downhill quickly.  The good news is he was spiritually right and did not fear death; he was happy for the pain to end.  Thanks for your kind words!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

(((Sasha)))

I am truly sorry for your loss.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much!  It was a four year battle with colon cancer with fairly good quality of life up until the last couple of months. He was amazing throughout it all.

• Love 6
On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 1:37 PM, ElDosEquis said:

I feel for Kyle in this situation.  There is no way to know how "tough love" will be received by your family member with an addiction problem.  Sometimes it helps them to straighten up, but unfortunately sometimes it can also cause that person to spiral out of control feeling that nobody cares.  So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  And there is nothing scarier than wondering if your actions pushed that person over the edge.  They literally have you held hostage emotionally.  I do admire Kyle for restraining herself from fighting Kim's battle with Rinna tonight.  That was something Kim and Rinna needed to work out for themselves.  Other than pointing out along with the others that Rinna hit below the belt, Kyle pretty much let Kim fight her own battle.

• Love 10
On 1/3/2017 at 11:56 PM, WireWrap said:

For me, where Eileen goes wrong is that she is telling us about her mother now and I don't believe she is doing it for any other reason than she/Rinna got blasted by viewers for last season. It is her way of getting the sympathy vote this season, the same for Rinna IMO.

And that's where I think PK was going with it. It sounded like he felt that LisaR was mentioning the tragedies in a way that suggested LisaR was coming from a place of ".......and through all backlash from fans and the tensions with the other ladies Eileen and I were dealing with personal loss" cue pearl cluthching and tsk tsking at the others who were mean.

Not saying he was correct in his analysis cause I didn't get the impression that LisaR was pointedly trying to suggest that it was in bad taste for people to be as harsh as they were to them considering what they were going through at the time. I don't believe that's what she was aiming for although I'm sure she definitely wanted to get that out there and see what kind of passes that information afforded her and Eileen regarding their behavior last season. That I can believe.

I do think that's what Dorit and PK were referring. More like "well if, and I could be wrong, but if you're feeling a certain kinda way about the way the other ladies treated you during your time of grieving then you can't really put that on them if neither one of you shared that it wasn't a good time for petty battles and confrontations".  I think that was a huge jump for him and Dorit to make though.

It also paints LisaR and Eileen in a bad light which is how I can see why LisaR ran to tell Eileen and both went on the defense cause they didn't want to be seen as touting their tragedies around for absolution of past slights. LisaR's damage control, as usual, blew up in their faces and will most likely be a thing for the rest of the season. God I hope not.

• Love 4

I adored the pilates and laser treatment segments. I could do with more shopping, working out, and primping than fighting. It's exhausting to think how much goes into staying camera ready but it interests me. 

Anyone else?

• Love 4

I liked how casual and fun Kyle's party was, especially the ladies sitting around the pool, talking and playing with the dogs.  The drinks looked good, and everything looked festive.  I also enjoyed seeing Camille, and was disappointed she was left to just sit around watching people argue at the table.  Did she say anything at Kyle's party?

I guess I liked the party just fine until Eileen and Rinna arrived,, and Eileen stunk up the place with her fart-smelling face and "Confrontation?  Who, me?  You thought this was a confrontation? This isn't a confrontation."   Eileen just never has any fun.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, LVmom said:

I adored the pilates and laser treatment segments. I could do with more shopping, working out, and primping than fighting. It's exhausting to think how much goes into staying camera ready but it interests me. 

Anyone else?

Yes.

I want to see LVP get her vagina fixed, not that it would do Ken any good?

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:06 AM, swankie said:

I feel for Kyle in this situation.  There is no way to know how "tough love" will be received by your family member with an addiction problem.  Sometimes it helps them to straighten up, but unfortunately sometimes it can also cause that person to spiral out of control feeling that nobody cares.  So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  And there is nothing scarier than wondering if your actions pushed that person over the edge.  They literally have you held hostage emotionally.  I do admire Kyle for restraining herself from fighting Kim's battle with Rinna tonight.  That was something Kim and Rinna needed to work out for themselves.  Other than pointing out along with the others that Rinna hit below the belt, Kyle pretty much let Kim fight her own battle.

You were able to describe the life of the person who has to deal with someone who is addicted, in one paragraph.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, crgirl412 said:

This is the dysfunctional world that non-truly recovered addicts and non-truly recovered co-dependents/enablers who love them live in.  It's my world.  The addict is never stressed as long as as they have fed their addiction for the moment but the co-dependent/enabling loved one is always stressed.

I could literally sit down with Kyle in her most glam outfit in her most glam house and have the most real, raw, down to earth discussion about our sisters.  It would be sad and depressing as it should be.  We both really needed to work an Al-anon program years ago (it's a 2017 resolution of mine.)  We are not heros at all but just live our lives like non-addicts and the view from the outside can be striking. 

The addict can get so low in every area of life that they aren't living like a normal person so the normal sibling can look "heroic" (I really hate that description) for helping them but there is no joy or looking for accolades.  It's about helping your sibling to literally survive and not go back to jail or lose their house/car/job/kids.

For those on the forum who think that Kyle likes Kim in active addiction, you really show your ignorance to what addiction is and what it does to people and families.  Please educate yourselves with the many resources available.  Even a few episodes of Intervention could be very beneficial.  Pay close attention to the friends and families who "like looking like the good ones" and "like looking "heroic."'     

Re: "Heroism"?

It's more self-preservation?

After a while - when you bend or fold to the addicts demands - you do feel like you have been able to deflect or solve the problem for that day.

When you can head bad behavior off at the pass, you feel like you do have some control over the situation.

When you do it on a continuing basis, you start to believe it?

------------

Re Mo and the agency?

I worked in the title/real estate biz for a while.

The 'theft' of business/clients/paperwork happens ALL THE TIME.

When the company was closing offices down they would sent a locksmith out on the weekend and change the locks on the doors - to keep the agents from stealing files/customers. People got the work when they came to work on Monday and saw the sign telling them to pick up their last checks at the home office.

Another time my brother was sent in  with a pair of bolt cutters to cut the computer lines, to keep people from copying files and sending them to their home computers. But since people took shit home all the time? There was TONS of paperwork/accounts/business that was "lost".

On 1/12/2017 at 11:28 AM, ElDosEquis said:

Re: "Heroism"?

It's more self-preservation?

After a while - when you bend or fold to the addicts demands - you do feel like you have been able to deflect or solve the problem for that day.

When you can head bad behavior off at the pass, you feel like you do have some control over the situation.

When you do it on a continuing basis, you start to believe it?

------------

Re Mo and the agency?

I worked in the title/real estate biz for a while.

The 'theft' of business/clients/paperwork happens ALL THE TIME.

When the company was closing offices down they would sent a locksmith out on the weekend and change the locks on the doors - to keep the agents from stealing files/customers. People got the work when they came to work on Monday and saw the sign telling them to pick up their last checks at the home office.

Another time my brother was sent in  with a pair of bolt cutters to cut the computer lines, to keep people from copying files and sending them to their home computers. But since people took shit home all the time? There was TONS of paperwork/accounts/business that was "lost".

No heroism but definitely self-preservation x 2. 

1. The addict can't/won't save themselves and are living the opposite of self-preservation so the codependent/enabler comes in to do it. 

2.  The codependent/enabler's life is much better and calmer when the addict's life is and their sobriety (in theory) really takes a lot of the constant worry away and if in close proximity and haven't stopped that part, then the physical involvement.  The codependent/enabler gets their life back too (in theory.) 

I think that when the codependent/enabler heads something off at the pass, we do feel in control and feel like a crisis has been averted and it's the biggest feeling of relief since you know everyone is safe-for now but you know that it's not going to last and it starts again tomorrow or later in the day.   

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 3