Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

I've seen their show a lot and I've never seen the family looking as dirty as people on here are always saying (except maybe Jessa's kids) and oily skin or hair does not mean people don't wash it as has often been said on this site as I once explained extensively on the JD thread.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Lastly, this is a snark site. Your certainly welcome to disagree with me. I disagree with posters all the time. But what I don't do, is pretend I know why they posted what they posted or judge them for their snark.

Well, it sure is. That's why almost anytime someone puts a comment that is not critical of the Duggars they feel compelled to put some sort of apology first. Reminds me of the current cancel culture.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I sincerely hope that Joy’s children are happy. Based on the pics posted, it looks like they get a chance for some fun outings and have loving interactions with their parents. Unfortunately, Joy and Austin have horrible beliefs. I suppose time will tell.

• Love 10

I think the Duggar grands (except of the M kids and Jessa’s kids) will get a little bit more exposure to the world than their parents did. Whenever JB and M took their kids out, it was to be watched and noticed. So, a trip to the aquarium wasn’t about the kids looking at the animals and learning, it was about JB parading his brood (dressed in matching clothes) through the aquarium so that everyone could see what a godly family they were. 

TLDR, I’m just glad the next generation is getting out a little bit to see the world. It’s certainly not going to change their beliefs, but at least they are seeing more than SOTDRT. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh Joy, if you only knew. It would have been much better to label the pics bath time, not bath day.

And watch out @Cinnabon is going to come slap that phone outta your hands. As she rightly should.

Yep! She just continues to put her barely clothed young kids on SM for millions. Sometimes really needs to explain how much predators enjoy these pictures. Parents have always taken these, but only shared them with close friends and family. Get a fucking clue!

6 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Well, it sure is. That's why almost anytime someone puts a comment that is not critical of the Duggars they feel compelled to put some sort of apology first. Reminds me of the current cancel culture.

🤣🤣🤣

• Love 10

My kids had a daily bath until they decided they'd rather shower. I didn't wash them every day, but they liked to play in the shower, and, with 5 kids, it was a time they could play alone. Once they started showering I only spoke up when they started smelling during the 10-13 years. As soon as they discovered the opposite they all started bathing daily again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Yep! She just continues to put her barely clothed young kids on SM for millions. Sometimes really needs to explain how much predators enjoy these pictures. Parents have always taken these, but only shared them with close friends and family. Get a fucking clue!

Even fully clothed children. I am just not a fan of posting any pictures of children under age 18 on the Internet. Maybe a tasteful family photo or two, or a nice school portrait. Like 1 to 2 pictures a year max. They simply cannot consent. I would be embarrassed if a childhood picture from 30 or 40 years ago was easily available online. Why wouldn’t my children be?

On another note, I hope those babies didn’t get soda. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Even fully clothed children. I am just not a fan of posting any pictures of children under age 18 on the Internet. Maybe a tasteful family photo or two, or a nice school portrait. Like 1 to 2 pictures a year max. They simply cannot consent. I would be embarrassed if a childhood picture from 30 or 40 years ago was easily available online. Why wouldn’t my children be?

On another note, I hope those babies didn’t get soda. 

I don't really get this mindset that children are something to be hidden away because there are predators. There are always sickos out there. Joy isn't posting sexually provocative, inappropriate pictures of her kids. These are normal pix and likely to be found in any family album. 

Why should anyone hide and be ashamed of kids if they are not being presented in an inappropriate way? 

We live in a digital age. Even if you only send out a Christmas card with your kids' picture that picture can easily be scanned into a computer and posted online. If you take pix of your kids with your phone those photos are likely backed up to a cloud storage like icloud or Dropbox.

So is the solution simply to never take photos of your kids in the chance that they can rotate into the interwebs? I don't think so.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I think the Duggar grands (except of the M kids and Jessa’s kids) will get a little bit more exposure to the world than their parents did. Whenever JB and M took their kids out, it was to be watched and noticed. So, a trip to the aquarium wasn’t about the kids looking at the animals and learning, it was about JB parading his brood (dressed in matching clothes) through the aquarium so that everyone could see what a godly family they were. 

TLDR, I’m just glad the next generation is getting out a little bit to see the world. It’s certainly not going to change their beliefs, but at least they are seeing more than SOTDRT. 

This is a very good point, that JB and M didn't do anything for the enrichment of their kids, they did it to bring attention to themselves so they could parade their special selves around with a flock of uneducated spawn. It must be refreshing for their kids to be able to take their reasonably sized families (except Josh) out to have experiences they never had as children.

• Love 11

Also: not for nothing, but I think Joy grew up in a house that was so ashamed of the female body that I think it's a step forward that Gideon and Evy are raised with Evy wearing bathing suits and taking baths without any shame or "Nike". I don't think Joy is going to raise Evy to be ashamed of her own shoulders.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Also: not for nothing, but I think Joy grew up in a house that was so ashamed of the female body that I think it's a step forward that Gideon and Evy are raised with Evy wearing bathing suits and taking baths without any shame or "Nike". I don't think Joy is going to raise Evy to be ashamed of her own shoulders.

The “shoulder” scene that you’re referring to is the last Duggar episode to ever grace my TV screen, because I refuse to add to the ratings.  That was a true WTF? scene, that made me realize just how fucked up this Gothard cult (and MEchelle) truly is.  I’ll never forget it.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Why should anyone hide and be ashamed of kids if they are not being presented in an inappropriate way? 

Because they’re being presented. Like objects. Like objects that have no say in what is being done to them. Much like joy had pretty much no say in most of her life.  Because once you lose privacy you can’t really get it back easily, or at all.  We live in a digital age is a poor excuse for violating someone’s rights.  Especially someone who can’t consent. I know there is no way to be a perfect hermit or to hide your face from the world. But there is a big difference between calling attention to yourself and, dare I say it, being modest.  Digital modesty could be a thing.

Or to put it another way, there are an infinite number of sexual shots on the Internet. So you sure as hell better be posting your boobs and vag...right?  I mean it would be weird not to.

• Love 12
(edited)
15 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Because they’re being presented. Like objects. Like objects that have no say in what is being done to them. Much like joy had pretty much no say in most of her life.  Because once you lose privacy you can’t really get it back easily, or at all.  We live in a digital age is a poor excuse for violating someone’s rights.  Especially someone who can’t consent. I know there is no way to be a perfect hermit or to hide your face from the world. But there is a big difference between calling attention to yourself and, dare I say it, being modest.  Digital modesty could be a thing.

I think we should respect parents and their choices as long as children are not being abused or exploited. Some parents post pix of their kids. Some don't. But it's their choice.

I find shaming of parents who are not abusive or negligent to be one of the more toxic parts of modern life. Parents are now to be shamed for ... taking pix of their kids? There's no evidence Joy is abusive, negligent, or even crappy and careless the way JB and Michelle were. She's acting like a normal mom who is proud of her kids.

I mean, I'm a teacher and yesterday at high school graduation I took a bunch of pix of kids I taught. I honestly don't know what's wrong with that. I am not exploiting or abusing them. 

And we live in a digital age. Sooner or later, pix of you will wind up online. If you go to a dance recital your performance is likely to wind up on YT. If you play AAU basketball likely your games wind up on twitter. You cannot live your life as a complete hermit and expect that there will be no pix of you circulating. That's simply not the way 21st century life works. 

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 21
27 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

negligent

LOADED GUN ON THE TABLE

And don’t even get me started with Jill. 

I think you were going to great links to obscure the real issue of privacy and consent. No one is saying it is wrong for parents to take pictures of their own children.  No one is saying it is wrong to post some, emphasis some, photos online. No one has the expectation to privacy in public, The Supreme Court has ruled that. With that said, there is a realm of good taste which seems to be exceptionally rare.  Personally, I hope these Insta parents wind up having every second of their life in the nursing home documented by the kids they raised to share everything. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think you were going to great links to obscure the real issue of privacy and consent. No one is saying it is wrong for parents to take pictures of their own children.  No one is saying it is wrong to post some, emphasis some, photos online. No one has the expectation to privacy in public, The Supreme Court has ruled that. With that said, there is a realm of good taste which seems to be exceptionally rare.  Personally, I hope these Insta parents wind up having every second of their life in the nursing home documented by the kids they raised to share everything. 

You cannot regulate "taste" though. What you find distasteful is normal for other people. You can't take children away from parents for having "poor taste." And what's the difference between "some" tasteful photos and what Joy does which is regular photos of her kids doing normal things? It's the same thing -- a digital imprint.

I think Joy's pictures of Evy and Gideon show two happy, healthy kids. Joy seems to take genuine joy in her kids. Texas Roadhouse and hunting trips aren't my idea of a good time but the family seems happy.

• Love 6
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

And what's the difference between "some" tasteful photos and what Joy does which is regular photos of her kids doing normal things?

The difference between having a couple of kids and having 19?

Mod Announcement-

While lively discussion and disagreement are fine, we must remember the #1 rule at Primetimer is to Be Civil.

Posters are going to have different perceptions and standards when it comes to photographs of children online- we are hear to discuss The Duggars not each other.

Disagreement is fine, criticizing other posters opinions is not. Make your point once or twice and move on. 

• Love 5

I assume that the post praying for Joy in this time of stress or whatever refers to Josh. If my brother was charged with this don't think I'd posting much of anything if I wanted to have a calm personal life. But that's just me.

• Love 5

Another reason posting your kids on SM is risky. They can end up in ads. This one is inoffensive, but I've read about families having their images used in ads that did not represent their beliefs, at all.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2021 at 7:31 PM, jcbrown said:

Okay, I don't know who that other woman is with Joy but the Duggars are certainly tone deaf to homoeroticosm and anything other than their P-in-V sex, no? (see, MEchelle Duggar insisting feet aren't sexual. See pics of young women eating pickles)

I love that they are more than side-hugging. Looks very normal. Good for Joy!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I assume that the post praying for Joy in this time of stress or whatever refers to Josh. If my brother was charged with this don't think I'd posting much of anything if I wanted to have a calm personal life. But that's just me.

She’s desperately trying to deflect from Josh’s situation. And failing.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

9mw64hi3gk671.png?width=828&format=png&a

I must say, Austin seems to be very relaxed and easy with his kids and they with him.  Nice to see everyone looking natural and at ease, unlike some of the other families.

• Love 24
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Another reason posting your kids on SM is risky. They can end up in ads. This one is inoffensive, but I've read about families having their images used in ads that did not represent their beliefs, at all.

That's what happened with that racist anti-choice add that Anna kept reposting a few years ago. The child's mother was furious that her child's image was used in that way.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That's what happened with that racist anti-choice add that Anna kept reposting a few years ago. The child's mother was furious that her child's image was used in that way.

Anna is experiencing some karma. Fuck her for using a stranger’s picture!

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I assume she thought she spelled it wrong the first time, then corrected it.

If someone calls her on it, she could always claim that she got distracted mid-post and wondered how old they would need to be before they heard the story of the Three Little Pigs...

Nahhh. She'd never think that fast.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Who was with them? Jana? Jed? Anna? Someone took the picture of the four of them.

I don’t believe she mentioned anyone else but someone was watching the kids while they went tubing, at least I hope so. 

16 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I don’t believe she mentioned anyone else but someone was watching the kids while they went tubing, at least I hope so. 

And there's a pic of Giddy on the boat with the four of them tubing. I don't think Evvy is skilled with a phone camera yet.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And there's a pic of Giddy on the boat with the four of them tubing. I don't think Evvy is skilled with a phone camera yet.

Well, her cousin FE-LIC-ITY certainly was, if RFP can be believed!  Hee.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She does have Duggar DNA and she clearly has observed many, many people using their phones during her entire lifetime and therefore can operate a phone at a professional level by this point.     

• LOL 14
  • Love 1