Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

I'm not so sure about Austin. He's said some pretty conservative stuff online. Loving his kids, holding a job and not kowtowing to JB doesn't necessarily make him an all around upstanding dude.

• Love 22

Oh, I have no doubts Austin has less than optimal personality traits and beliefs, which is exactly what I referenced earlier.  I just don't happen to think he's cruel or controlling with Joy and the kids.   Not kowtowing to JB is simply a bonus I'm always happy to see.

Quite different than saying he's an all around upstanding dude.   

• Love 16

Oh, man - there's no doubt that little kids love mud puddles, but all that goes through my mind is that you can't see the bottom and there could be sharp things floating around in that muck, especially if it's on a construction site.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, Madtown said:

From Joy’s Insta-stories. Gideon was pretty much swimming in the mud..

A14FF707-217F-4A62-8734-75A106371984.jpeg

330477E0-C784-4615-BCA5-E097DED42299.jpeg

Joy - get your young kids off SM. What will it take for her to get it?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Joy - get your young kids off SM. What will it take for her to get it?

This is why I wonder exactly what Joy was told or how much. She seems to really love her kids, but she either doesn't think what Josh did was a big deal, or she wasn't told everything. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

This article is definitely trying to make us think Austin knows something about Josh’s federal CSA crimes, and then fifty single-sentence paragraphs later it’s like, “JK, it’s a civil suit, totally unrelated!”

It does sound pretty bad if Austin knowingly skimped on a septic system, evaded code inspection, and sold the house without disclosing that the “water” in the backyard might be sewage. Not “going to some trouble to watch children be horrifically violated for his sick sexual gratification” bad, but... not awesome. (IDK if this came up on the forum back when it happened — I couldn’t keep up with it for a while. Sorry if redundant!)

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

You would have thought the buyers would have had their own home inspection done before purchasing the home

I wonder if they buyers were fundie. They might have been willfully naive buying from a fellow fundie. And if they paid cash for the house, an inspection wouldn't have been required for the mortgate.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Gideon playing/swimming in that mud is absolutely disgusting to me. It's one thing to make mud pies but this child is sitting in a pool of filthy water. No telling what lurks in that standing water. This, IMO, makes Joy seem like she's a pig. We all remember her filthy feet. She put them in some old pair of shoes without washing the souls of her feet OR wearing any socks or nylon peds. 

• Love 20
14 hours ago, beckie said:

This is why I wonder exactly what Joy was told or how much. She seems to really love her kids, but she either doesn't think what Josh did was a big deal, or she wasn't told everything. 

My guess is Joy doesn't connect the dots between what Josh has done and what she sees as fun and innocent images of her children.  Given her insular upbringing and lack of access to educational opportunities it's not entirely shocking she wouldn't make the connection, even with Josh's current situation. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

My guess is Joy doesn't connect the dots between what Josh has done and what she sees as fun and innocent images of her children.  Given her insular upbringing and lack of access to educational opportunities it's not entirely shocking she wouldn't make the connection, even with Josh's current situation. 

Indeed, she probably thinks she's actually helping her family by posting all these pictures of her kids: "See, despite what Josh may have done, we Duggars are still a warm, loving normal family! Aren't my kids adorable? Don't you want to keep seeing them on our TV show?".

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, lascuba said:

I wonder if they buyers were fundie. They might have been willfully naive buying from a fellow fundie. And if they paid cash for the house, an inspection wouldn't have been required for the mortgate.

Maybe, but being fundie would make them less likely to sue.  It's stupid to buy a house without an inspection. I'm still rooting for the plaintiffs. It doesn't make me like or respect Austin more. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Crappy generic pizza from a national chain.  What point are they trying to make?

That they're not Jeremy? 😁 But more likely, they're trying to pick up a gig, or at least a few free pizzas going forward.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Crappy generic pizza from a national chain.  What point are they trying to make?

Gourmet Pizza would be wasted on them?

19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That they're not Jeremy? 😁 But more likely, they're trying to pick up a gig, or at least a few free pizzas going forward.

Isn’t the owner of dominoes Catholic? I believe he wanted to set up a Catholic city in Florida a while back. 

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Isn’t the owner of dominoes Catholic? I believe he wanted to set up a Catholic city in Florida a while back. 

That's Tom Monaghan. He founded Domino's but sold the chain, which is now owned by Bain Capital Inc. I think the sale was in 1998. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

From reddit.  Looks like they keep up on gossip. 

00F15DD4-5F50-4510-9561-DC4AC9BFFAA6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That's Tom Monaghan. He founded Domino's but sold the chain, which is now owned by Bain Capital Inc. I think the sale was in 1998. 

Thanks. Bain is associated with Mitt Romney, right. Catholics and Mormons. They must be in desperate need of the correct Jesus!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Thanks. Bain is associated with Mitt Romney, right. Catholics and Mormons. They must be in desperate need of the correct Jesus!

I have no idea. I live in a state with a large Mormon population. My friends include Mormons and Catholics. They are good people. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I have no idea. I live in a state with a large Mormon population. My friends include Mormons and Catholics. They are good people. 

I googled it, Romney is the former CEO of Bain.  I didn’t mean to imply they were not good people, just not the kind of religions you would think the Duggars would support. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Hmmm, now I have to wonder why Austin would be looking at anything related to that other TLC sh!tshow, Sister Wives.

It's so fun when two of my favorite snarky guilty pleasures collide. :)

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I googled it, Romney is the former CEO of Bain.  I didn’t mean to imply they were not good people, just not the kind of religions you would think the Duggars would support. 

Thanks for clarifying that. 

I'm an "arms" gal.  I like to see some muscle definition, which Austin surely does not have.  And the farmer's tan on the upper arm isn't helping.  *Please see Williams arm.  🙂

image.png.7803c7394199108b475d4902c428bc65.png

*image.png.18a1a8b03cd5b2c8d6def9faae102229.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
On 4/18/2021 at 4:27 AM, MunichNark said:

There's a new photo where she's biking with kiddies and husband and friends in 49F weather, bundled up like it's in the depth of an arctic winter.

Google tells me 49F is 10 effing degrees Celsius. I would die of heat exhaustion in that get up. 10 degrees Celsius is spring weather ffs

Around here, when it hits 10°C, people put their shorts on and get their paddle boards out. 

• LOL 9

Wow, William is way more cut than I would've expected him to be.

I get the feeling Austin eats a lot of junk. He's active enough to burn most of the calories off, but never sheds that last layer of fat to gain muscle definition.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Hold up, wasn't Austin's wife trained in homemaking skills in one of the preeminent bastions of knowledge for learning those traditional skills in the 21st century?  Surely he must be eating well balanced, supremely nutritious, homecooked meals that would help him stay fit, particularly with his active, manly lifestyle?

Considering tater tot casserole and ice cream cake and the other Duggar food nasties, they're lucky they're not circles. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Hold up, wasn't Austin's wife trained in homemaking skills in one of the preeminent bastions of knowledge for learning those traditional skills in the 21st century?  Surely he must be eating well balanced, supremely nutritious, homecooked meals that would help him stay fit, particularly with his active, manly lifestyle?

With a nice green salad and fresh baked bread. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Crochetlady said:

With a nice green salad and fresh baked bread. 

Oops.  Obviously I didn't attend the classes to know all the secrets of making a home properly.     

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

My teenager gets domino’s every weekend and we don’t find it IG worthy. 

im also surprised at Austin‘s lack of arm definition, with him being a contractor and outdoorsman. Maybe it was an unflattering photo angle. 

noticed William’s pic today- agree, definitely looks better than I expected!  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 13

I agree with @awaken, with all the manual labor Austin does, plus having young kids who are picked up and carried, its probably an unflattering angle.

If that is Will's armed relaxed for an injection, then damn, that Prince must seriously work out.

• Love 13

OMG, I just about had a panic attack every time Gideon put a handful of chocolate chips into the mixer with those blades moving just above his hand. 

Other than that, I enjoyed the video. 

• Love 12

Today (from Joy's video) I learned that Michelle actually has a pasta alfredo recipe! Which means she cooks! Anyway, it was a cute video even though I too was nervous about Gideon's hands near the blades. The interactions in this family seem very nice. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Today (from Joy's video) I learned that Michelle actually has a pasta alfredo recipe! Which means she cooks! Anyway, it was a cute video even though I too was nervous about Gideon's hands near the blades. The interactions in this family seem very nice. 

I really, REALLY doubt Michelle cooks...

• Love 17

I mean, does she make the sauce from scratch or does she just buy a jar of alfredo sauce and call it good? I'm not knocking buying a jar of pasta sauce, but I'm just having a hard time seeing Michelle doing too much.

• Love 11