Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Hopefully if Evie had RSV (and there’s a good chance she did), they caught it early and it was mild. Sick babies are do pitiful. One nephew was diagnosed early and had mild cold symptoms for a week. Another wasn’t so lucky and ended up in the hospital.  

Joy jet setting off to wherever Carlin lives certainly doesn’t help matters. 

• Love 8

Evy for me is one of those chameleon kids. From certain angles I think she's Austin's twin, but then from others she looks like a mix of Joy, Jill and JD. Either way, she looks cute in that picture and I hope they did something nice for her birthday. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She also posted several like this. She just doesn’t learn! 🥵

0D3DA6B8-B050-40E8-AA85-5ADEE9CC09B4.jpeg

Her friends are worse. Josie posting bath time pics and Carlin posting an IG story with a diaper clad Layla in bed with them.

23 hours ago, floridamom said:

I can't believe that these women would post a photo or video of being in bed with their husbands. How NOT MODEST is that?

Josie posted photos of her husband grabbing her ass at their wedding reception, not to mention labor photos. Carlin never met a camera she wouldn't hog. Expecting modesty from these people is like expecting Steve Maxwell to twerk. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Heathen said:

Josie posted photos of her husband grabbing her ass at their wedding reception, not to mention labor photos. Carlin never met a camera she wouldn't hog. Expecting modesty from these people is like expecting Steve Maxwell to twerk. 

I am grateful I wasn't taking a drink of coffee when I read this...

• LOL 15
7 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I am grateful I wasn't taking a drink of coffee when I read this...

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

LMAO

Pleased to be of service! Next, picture Teri Maxwell, and her Pepsi, doing the Macarena. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I don't agree with Joy on most anything, but I do believe that Joy's reaction to Evy is a reaction to the extreme body shaming the Duggars inflicted on their girls growing up. I think Joy thinks what she's doing with Evy is body positivity. It's very misguided but I get it. 

• Useful 5
Just now, Rootbeer said:

Makes me wonder what it is he searches on his computer and on FB specifically.  All I see are targeted ads for stuff like clothes and personalized coffee mugs and such.  I lead a dull life.

IKR? That’s exactly what the commenters on FB were saying!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Austin’s dad. Yikes!

F4BC0D66-3D94-4ED7-970B-02FD945D3B2C.jpeg

Posts similar to this crack me up. The work of the devil, but here I am. Or the influencers taking a beak from social media because it interferes  with life. Those that announce they’re taking a break and advise others to do the same. Those that claim to be “unplugged” ON social media, and many more.

(Is it really his account?)

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Makes me wonder what it is he searches on his computer and on FB specifically.  All I see are targeted ads for stuff like clothes and personalized coffee mugs and such.  I lead a dull life.

I do get ads for lingerie because I follow some brands and retailers over on Instagram and I waffle about buying from a particular brand on Facebook.  It's better than the old Facebook Ad algorithm that was under the impression that as a single woman in her 30s I must have children.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Posts similar to this crack me up. The work of the devil, but here I am. Or the influencers taking a beak from social media because it interferes  with life. Those that announce they’re taking a break and advise others to do the same. Those that claim to be “unplugged” ON social media, and many more.

(Is it really his account?)

Someone should tell him that FB also owns Instagram and that his DIL posts daily. 

8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

and then you have the seewalds posting the horse dewormer covid cure. The duggar inlaws are batshit crazy too.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.seewald.92

Bin’s mom has been a crazy Qmoron for a while now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Good Lord, Austin’s dad is one of those people who announces it had a horrible day on Facebook and then declines to talk about it. It’s vague booking, holy roller style.  For what it’s worth, I use the privacy badger browser extension. It stops a ton of data mining and target advertisements. I don’t use Facebook but I know it helps with it as well. 

Guinn,  you realize by taking that medication you greatly increase your chances of getting an acute kidney injury, possibly causing your lifelong medical issues, up to and including dialysis and death? meh, the lort will sort it out.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, crazy8s said:

and then you have the seewalds posting the horse de wormer "covid cure". The duggar inlaws are batshit crazy too. probably needs o go to another thread but sweet friends? or do the inlaws stick with austin's parents with Joy and the seewalds with benessa?

https://www.facebook.com/michael.seewald.92

Screenshot (103)_LI.jpg

Is any of this legal? She sounds like a drug dealer.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Is any of thhis legal? She sounds like a drug dealer.

It's legal as long as they can get the drug without a prescription.  It is illegal for a veterinarian to write a prescription for a human or for a human doctor to prescribe an animal medication to a human (or a human med to an animal).  Even then, it is the doc who gets arrested, not the patient.

There is a human form of invermectin that is used to treat tropical parasitic diseases.  They could use that.

There is some research showing that, in the lab, invermectin does help prevent COVID from attacking the human respiratory tract.  However, based on the study, it seems like it would require taking about 100 times the standard dose considered safe in humans which is why the CDC doesn't recommend it.  A couple of studies have been done on humans using safe doses of invermectin and the results were mixed.  One showed small benefit in that the length of the illness was a couple days shorter, the other study didn't show any benefit.

I suppose the reason that these folks are using veterinary invermectin is because they cannot access the human drug without a prescription which the vast majority of docs won't write, especially at the doses they presumably want.  Also, the horse meds probably come in higher doses since horses weigh so much more than humans and are probably cheaper because manufacturing standards are not as strict.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

What is he searching on web that his FB targeted ads would be so "sick"? My FB ads: sheertex tights (because I bought a pair a few weeks ago), Waitress the Musical (because I bought tickets), and NYCB (again, a subscriber).

I just checked my ads. Universities, because I've been looking at grad schools; the Container Store, because I love the Container Store and they know it too well; more universities; some more universities; and Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a necessary evil, in my opinion. 

I'm giggling as I wonder what kind of smut Mr. Fun Die Righteousness is looking at on social media. LOL 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I bought some horse ivermectin earlier this year to treat some mangy squirrels (animal control recommended). I only used a few dabs on crackers; I have wondered more than once how much I could get for the remainder of the tube. It's quadrupled in price since March. 

Topic: Is anyone really surprised that people like Guinn Seewald fall for this bull? She's uneducated, hyper-religious, from a cultural background that eschews science, and embraces right-wing conspiracy theories. I'd be more surprised if she were pro-vaccine. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

My local farm store has a sign up stating that Ivermectin is not for human use.  The Ivermectin cures Covid nuts are pissing me off because they're creating a shortage for those of us who need it for our horses.  

I hope Jessa doesn't give it to her kids. 

Edited by Abmis
spelling
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Joy looks really cute and happy. It's ridiculous she had to wait until she was a married woman with two kids before she could try sports, but better late than never.

I might be wrong but Joy seems to be more "I'm me, and I do things for me" since Josh's arrest. We've seen her wear shorts, play golf, visit Carlin, get her hair colored, play softball. She's obviously still very conservative and all that, but in her own way she seems to be trying new things to make herself happy.

Also, I think in her weird way all those videos and pix of Evy and Gideon bathing and scantily clad are her way of promoting body positivity. She doesn't want Evy and Gideon to be ashamed of their own bodies.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if the cancellation of the show has allowed them more freedoms and escape from Boob and Meshell's rule?

I think it's that, but it could also be that they're questioning (if only a tiny bit) things they were taught as a child. Like how could the godliest family that every was produce a pedo? Part of the siblings has to feel that they sacrificed a bunch for nothing.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5