Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Austin's family are just asking for a lawsuit. Why would you allow any visitors, especially children, to ride a horse without a helmet? I don't wish tragedy on anyone, but if there's a permanent injury or even death, they could be sued into bankruptcy.  

Exactly it's ridiculous, many many years ago before people wore helmets for horse riding my older sister, her boyfriend and some friends of theirs went to a horse riding place and I went along because she was looking after me that day... I was about 8 yrs old.

The people at the horse place had me sit behind my sister on the horse she was riding but that meant that I wasn't in a saddle, I was just sitting on the horse and hanging onto my sisters waist.

We started out along the road out to the riding area and our horse got spooked by one of the other horses, it reared UP then came down, bucked and then started to run and I went flying because I didn't have my feet in stirrups or have any way of holding myself on the horse other than my hands on my sisters waist... Luckily I landed in a big bush but the fall knocked the wind out of me...I was all scraped and scratched up so my ride was over... They're nuts to let little kids hang on behind people like that.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

As someone who has a bit of experience with personal injury law, I will tell you that those sorts of waivers are generally not worth the paper they're printed on.  If something terrible happens, particularly if it involved reasonable safety precautions not being taken; the waiver is meaningless.  The lawyers will insist that their clients only signed it because they made the natural assumption that the people running the camp were well trained, the equipment in good conditions and all recommended safety measures in place.  They would've never signed it had they know the Family Camp and its employees didn't know what they were doing.]

The other thing that protects them is the likely fact that the Forsythes, if they haven't already consulted an attorney to protect their personal assets in the event of a lawsuit, probably don't have a lot of money anyway.  Personal injury lawyers only make money if they reach a settlement or win in court.  The upfront expenses are all paid by the plaintiff's attorney, who gets nothing if they lose.  So, part of the attorney's research on the case before taking it on would be to check into the camp; is there liability insurance?  How much?  What is the Forsythe family's personal liability in accidents at the camp?  What assets (preferably cash) do they have if the plaintiff wins?  They are not taking the case unless they see a way to make a profit and it could well be that the camp has limited insurance and the Forsythes are protected and almost no lawyer would be interested in handling it.

Absolutely agree with part one.   Not so sure about part two.   It may be that it is possible someone could sue them and at a minimum get the camp shut down.   Depending on circumstances it may be possible for them to actually lose the land itself in a lawsuit if there are not enough assets to cover a big enough judgment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I will tell you that those sorts of waivers are generally not worth the paper they're printed on.

Yes, no contract can waive away liability for negligence or malpractice. If it could, every contract would have that shit in it!

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I feel like Gideon can be seriously hurt or worse because of his idiot parents. They are putting a child in danger for what?

And putting it on social media is the dumbest thing. We wouldn’t know if they didn’t post it. 

Face palm.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 11

While I agree Evelyn's nostrils are on the biggish side, IMO, her nose is not Austin's. Austin's septum dips down below his wide nostrils. Giddy 100% has Austin's nose.

Right now, I think Evelyn could pass as one of Anna's kids, so I guess there's some Duggar in her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

and only one mask dangling off Joy's ear. 

Carlin also has a mask dangling, it just blends in because it's a darker color. Of course neither mask is doing anything as they take their cheek-to-cheek selfie, but hopefully it means they actually wore them while mingling with the general public at the zoo. Meanwhile, baby Evy seems to have taken the mask mandate very seriously...

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Sadly their behavior probably means this virus will never go away and now the South African variant seems to not provide any antibodies after infection. Fun times. They seem to want to learn the hard way.

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who knew Joy would turn out to be one of the most ignorant ones? Well, she was never very bright but the more she shares about herself, the more I dislike her. It’s not very “pro life “ to travel commercially during a pandemic, with an infant.

Joy seems to have changed a lot since Evy. Most of her posts are now about being "purposeful" and devoting herself to Christ. I wonder if she feels like she has to be the fundie standard bearer for her family as her sisters start wearing jeans and making kombucha. But she's definitely made a turn in her social media from a more innocuous family blogger into a very fundie-oriented social media.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Joy seems to have changed a lot since Evy. Most of her posts are now about being "purposeful" and devoting herself to Christ. I wonder if she feels like she has to be the fundie standard bearer for her family as her sisters start wearing jeans and making kombucha. But she's definitely made a turn in her social media from a more innocuous family blogger into a very fundie-oriented social media.

It's not unlike Michelle's path: Have first born child, then lose second child, then become pregnant and successfully birth next child, and then become more fundie. It's probably similar with Anna and Jinger as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Is Evy too young for a mask? She's only five months old. Plus, I'm not sure how I feel about it covering her eyes. 

I think she's facing Joy, so we're seeing the back of her head.

I usually think any sort of haircut is an improvement for the Duggars but my god, Joy looks hideous with those bangs.

15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Sorry to say, Joy never struck me as much of a thinking person or brain trust.  I'm not really surprised.

Same. Even without her saying a work, there's something about her expression that just looks incredibly unintelligent.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think the bangs look awful because they weren't professionally done. They're too thick and too blunt, giving the impression of a bowl cut. 

Exactly!  They look like Moe from the Three Stooges.  Not flattering in the least.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think the bangs look awful because they weren't professionally done. They're too thick and too blunt, giving the impression of a bowl cut. 

haha -my bangs look the same because I got tired of them and have hacked them of myself several times during pandemic.  mrcrazy8s is the only one who sees it, so it has been fine. I would never post a pic to a bunch of strangers with the bangs as Joy does. If I have to go out, I wear a hat. She seems happy with the bangs. but for someone who recently proclaimed she has never dyed her hair, I wonder why the bangs are so dark and the rest of her hair seems to have reverted to her natural color

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Absolom said:

Sorry to say, Joy never struck me as much of a thinking person or brain trust.  I'm not really surprised.

I believe the comparison photo of Joy and Evelyn posted above shows Joy in the hands of her primary caregiver.  Joy was raised, and "educated" by teenagers at best, with lots of her early daily needs provided by children.  Those caregivers were also overwhelmed by plenty of needier, younger ones following immediately behind Joy also.  I don't think Joy's intellectual needs were ever a particular concern to anyone, let alone nurtured.   Sadly the same could be said for her caregivers' needs.   

• Love 4