Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

No, they likely wouldn't. It's just an attack from Satan, and she needs to pray more and have more faith in God. "The World" says that depression, anxiety, and PPD are medical conditions; real Christians know that if they just place their trust in God, He will take Satan's hold off you and you'll live in the "Joy of the Lord" again. There's nothing better than not only being depressed, but feeling that it's because you don't follow Jesus as you should. I was raised believing this crap and it took many many years to overcome it. 

Yeah, I don’t have the heart to kill an animal, but I also don’t think it’s more moral to eat industrially farmed meat.

It does put me off that they seem to have so much *fun* killing animals... but they’re far from the only ones who enjoy hunting, so I guess I just don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 24
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

It does put me off that they seem to have so much *fun* killing animals... but they’re far from the only ones who enjoy hunting, so I guess I just don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't think the fun is killing the deer but in the camaraderie of being in a group in a camp situation. Some people think that's fun without the hunting aspect or with fishing instead of hunting. And...filling your tag is manly man stuff, even if your wife tags along. 

• Love 7

See that's the problem, infants don't read the books on development and those younger than the age they are supposed to roll over sometimes do it anyway. You really can't turn your back on a baby, specially if you are stupid and put them in a precarious place. And not in an infant seat or a stroller.

• Love 12
On 11/26/2020 at 2:42 PM, Chicklet said:

Did she really leave that infant in the recliner while she dragged that tree out of the closet?

Not just a recliner, but a rocking recliner with her toddler son in the recliner next to her. While she had two different infant seats that Evie could have been buckled into for safety. 

ETA: She could have put Evie in the SnuggleMe she's hawking on Instagram! 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 2
On 11/28/2020 at 4:31 AM, SMama said:

Gideon has a bedtime, I’m impressed since Joy and siblings never had one.

But Austin grew up in a family for whom a strict "early to bed, early to rise" schedule was definitely enforced (if you go back to that old "world's strictest parents" (or whatever it was) episode. He probably continued enforcing that along with his work ethic.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, awaken said:

Joy gave me an eye roll and a facepalm when I asked if they blanket train. I feel honored. 

I think it's a legitimate question given Austin has defended the Pearl's abusive child rearing techniques and Michelle blanket trained some? most? all? of her and her siblings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think it's a legitimate question given Austin has defended the Pearl's abusive child rearing techniques and Michelle blanket trained some? most? all? of her and her siblings.

Thank you, I agree!  Both families have promoted and espoused the Pearls’ methods, and as far as I know, the offspring haven’t outright denounced it, other than Amy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

Thank you, I agree!  Both families have promoted and espoused the Pearls’ methods, and as far as I know, the offspring haven’t outright denounced it, other than Amy. 

Not just their families. Austin himself has defended them.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 13

SOTDRT strikes again? Do they not know that the sentence should read YOU ARE a....? You're is a contraction for YOU ARE. Your indicated possession. Really Joy, are you going to home school your children? I guess she will ship them off to Ben, the Duggar homemade schoolmarm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

What is with all these fundie women choosing to wear clothing the color of old bras?  

Not to mention that dress/nightgown is way too big for her.  And what is with posing in grass they all seem to do?

Edited by skipnjump
correct spelling
  • Love 8