Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

Chris Hayes had a guy on his show last night, I can't remember his name, who was talking about the hispanic vote in AZ, FL, NV, and CO. He said that one of the issues with polling is that most don't do a Spanish language poll. It's usually too expensive to put in the field. He said that Hispanic voters could be very underestimated because of the lack of Spanish language polls. It seems that early voting totals are bearing that out and I hope that means Clinton will outperform her polls. 

• Love 13

I hate to bring something that made me spout profanity for a solid two minutes, then cry, but I've been thinking about what we can do:

State Democratic elector Robert Satiacum won’t vote for Clinton

Why, yes, he was/is a staunch Bernie Sanders supporter (just not staunch enough to listen to him about how best to move his agenda forward). 

One of Washington state’s Democratic presidential electors is vowing he will not cast his Electoral College vote for Hillary Clinton — even if she wins the state handily on Election Day.

“No, no, no on Hillary. Absolutely not. No way,” said Robert Satiacum, a member of Washington’s Puyallup Tribe, who had supported Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders as the Democratic presidential nominee.

He had earlier told various media outlets he was wrestling with whether his conscience would allow him to support Clinton and was considering stepping aside for an alternate elector. But on Friday, he sounded firm, even if the election is close.

“I hope it comes down to a swing vote and it’s me,” he said. “Good. She ain’t getting it. Maybe it’ll wake this country up.”

He's concerned about the environment and tribal issues so he's going to tip the scales for the candidate who will end funding for clean energy and promotes bigotry. 

Bernie Sanders has been working hard to help elect Hillary Clinton, but maybe we need to ask him to directly talk to this guy and the others who he says are also thinking of not voting for the Democratic nominee. 

• Love 5

He said that Hispanic voters could be very underestimated because of the lack of Spanish language polls. It seems that early voting totals are bearing that out and I hope that means Clinton will outperform her polls. 

Me too. I really want HRC to get close to Obama's 2012 EC numbers.

On a personal note I WANT HRC to take AZ just so I can hear my rich white Trump voting cousins whine about it. LOL

In other news I flipped on MSNBC this morning and they were showing the long lines outside of voting precincts in NC.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Darian said:

One of Washington state’s Democratic presidential electors is vowing he will not cast his Electoral College vote for Hillary Clinton — even if she wins the state handily on Election Day.

I was wondering about this myself (although, I was thinking about electoral voters refusing to vote for Trump).  How are the electoral voters chosen?  Do they need any special kinds of qualifications?  I mean, I, with zero higher education (meaning:  I'm not a lawyer or political/civics/etc. professor, or whatever), and having had no job in politics, can't petition to be one, I assume.  I understand the reason we have the electoral college, but  I'd like to know if (I'd like to think that) the final decisions are being made by people who are well versed in politics, the constitution and/or have some sort of political experience. 

12 minutes ago, Darian said:

“I hope it comes down to a swing vote and it’s me,” he said. “Good. She ain’t getting it. Maybe it’ll wake this country up.”

Sadly, I've heard this too many times:  I'm for Trump because f*** the government. I've had it up to here with them.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Sadly, I've heard this too many times:  I'm for Trump because f*** the government. I've had it up to here with them.

That was a big thing with the Bernie or Die people during the Primary and DNC Convention in Philadelphia. The burn it to the ground attitude. To me it's just as childish as the Repubs temper tantrums and my way or the highway mentality

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 23

When I see blue collar people on TV proclaiming their love for Trump, I wonder if they even understand the impact a Trump presidency will have on their lives.  He is against unions, and thinks wages are too high.  It's obvious to me that his plan to bring jobs back to the US, includes lowering the minimum wage.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, clb1016 said:

Absolutely.  Thanks for amending.

You're welcome. And I find I think I need to amend it again, to include a community of which I'm a part: the disabled community (after he mocked that reporter with, I think it was, Cerebral Palsy). I certainly didn't vote for him. But I wouldn't have even if he hadn't mocked that reporter. I'm firmly with her.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

You're welcome. And I find I think I need to amend it again, to include a community of which I'm a part: the disabled community (after he mocked that reporter with, I think it was, Cerebral Palsy). I certainly didn't vote for him. But I wouldn't have even if he hadn't mocked that reporter. I'm firmly with her.

I've been pretty aggressively using that with some of my Bernie or Bust or third party friends/acquaintances. I have a bunch of conditions that I started to list but, really, all I need to say is that I am also disabled and sometimes my arms and other parts don't work right. The other day, a third-party voter friend opened a water bottle for me, and I said, "Trump would make fun of me for that. You can't let him win. Please...if you're about sending messages, send the message that that's wrong by giving Hillary a landslide win." Things like that. Hillary stood up for people like me, I tell them. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, stewedsquash said:

Yeah, but it's bullshit. I read that piece, saw what they are trying to do. They're trying. I'll give them that. But, hey, even if you buy that, Trump disqualifies himself in hundreds of other ways. He bragged about sexual assault. Want to try to dismiss or challenge that? Ok, then what about when he bragged about going past pageant security there to prevent men from entering the women's dressing area so he could see the contestants naked. He told that as a funny story. Women and teens have confirmed he did that, but even if they hadn't, Trump thinks that's funny. You can't say he didn't, because it's on tape. And sadly, I can provide examples all day. And night. 

Anyway...since it's the Hillary thread, not directed at any poster, I'll post something great: Beyoncé Used A Famous Hillary Clinton Quote To Make A Big Feminist Statement

I remember the hard time Hillary got for not taking her husband's name and daring to work outside the home and want to keep making a difference as she had. Part of my feminism, which  is a work in progress inspired by incredible women, was informed back in the 1990s by Hillary Clinton (among others, of course). The sexism she's faced, constantly, and kept going. Here's one recent example we may have discussed:

Texas official and top Donald Trump supporter apologizes for calling Hillary Clinton the c-word

Yeah, see YOU next Tuesday. Hope he has a very bad day. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That was a big thing with the Bernie or Die people during the Primary and DNC Convention in Philadelphia. The burn it to the ground attitude. To me it's just as childish as the Repubs temper tantrums and my way or the highway mentality

Second day of Dem convention.  TV reporter asks two Bernie delegates from Florida (sisters, middle-aged) if they would follow Bernie’s lead and vote for HRC in the general.

One sister says yes because in 2000 she had voted for Nader and, after Gore lost, swore she would never again waste her vote [her words] with a protest vote.

Other sister says she’ll vote for one of the third party candidates because the DNC needs to be punished for its pro-Hillary bias during the primaries.

What the actual fuck?

Does she not realize that a Trump victory would punish all of us?

I can only hope that in the time since the convention she has come to her senses and will do the right thing.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

It will be. Hillary Clinton is going to win this election because millions of Hispanic-Americans would not stand by while that tangerine terror spewed vicious slurs and hate. This is Hillary Clinton, who America has been conditioned to suspect and revile for almost thirty years, and she's still going to win.

But it looks like African-Americans and millennials are doing their part too, at least according to early voting figures in Florida and North Carolina.

I would think the same about Hillary getting the Latino votes across the board, but there's a tidbit in real life that puzzles me. Of the several Cubans Ive spoken with about this election, they were all staunchly, vehemently pro tRump. I was shocked. I know those are just a few people I spoke with, but it was puzzling. I asked why. I either got no answer or "he is strong." (WHAT? HOW?) I was expecting to hear a pro Hillary response.  I know it's rude to ask who someone is supporting, but we were talking about the election so I went ahead and asked.  I guess I assumed they'd choose Hilary, the non racist.

• Love 1

I thought the older Cubans would have supported Trump until His illegal dealings with Cuba came to light. After that I can't imagine the older Cubans, especially those that escaped Castro still backing him, the hate is that strong.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I would think the same about Hillary getting the Latino votes across the board, but there's a tidbit in real life that puzzles me. Of the several Cubans Ive spoken with about this election, they were all staunchly, vehemently pro tRump. I was shocked. I know those are just a few people I spoke with, but it was puzzling. I asked why. I either got no answer or "he is strong." (WHAT? HOW?) I was expecting to hear a pro Hillary response.  I know it's rude to ask who someone is supporting, but we were talking about the election so I went ahead and asked.  I guess I assumed they'd choose Hilary, the non racist.

Traditionally Maimi's Cuban population is very Republican though that is changing particularly with younger Cubans but not surprising that many would still be proTrump.

• Love 3

Not sure which thread this belongs in. I was just reading an article about how Florida is more likely to continue to get more and more blue for the foreseeable future and I wonder, how can a Republican ever take the White House in our current climate? They need a serious revamping of their platforms. I used to at least respect them fiscally, but they've been so obstructive it overshadows anything else. I don't see America being willing to go backward on social issues (although Tuesday may prove me horribly wrong), so I don't see how that party can possibly survive. They are often so backward thinking on social issues and women's issues that I can't see us ever going that way again. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, ari333 said:

"he is strong." That was exactly the answer I saw a middle aged Cuban woman gave to a news reporter a few weeks ago!

In short, what Biakbiak said above.
For more detailed explanations,
Most Hispanics vote Democrat, so why are so many Hispanic politicians Republican?
More Democrat-Leaning Miami Cubans, Latinos Could Help Clinton Win Fla.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Darian said:

I hate to bring something that made me spout profanity for a solid two minutes, then cry, but I've been thinking about what we can do:

State Democratic elector Robert Satiacum won’t vote for Clinton

Why, yes, he was/is a staunch Bernie Sanders supporter (just not staunch enough to listen to him about how best to move his agenda forward). 

He's concerned about the environment and tribal issues so he's going to tip the scales for the candidate who will end funding for clean energy and promotes bigotry. 

Bernie Sanders has been working hard to help elect Hillary Clinton, but maybe we need to ask him to directly talk to this guy and the others who he says are also thinking of not voting for the Democratic nominee. 

Yes, I think that's why he made his announcement.   He wants/needs someone to take his concerns seriously and this was the only way he could figure out how to do it.  I'm not saying it's right or anything ... just trying to understand his motivation.

3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I was wondering about this myself (although, I was thinking about electoral voters refusing to vote for Trump).  How are the electoral voters chosen?  Do they need any special kinds of qualifications? 

They are chosen by the political parties and usually have to take an oath that they will support their party nominee.  If HRC wins the popular vote and he doesn't cast his electoral vote for her, he'll have to pay a state fine (which he says he's ready to do).  What I haven't seen is what kind of sanctions he will face from the Democratic Party.  I can't imagine they (or HRC voters) will be happy with him.  But, historically, the number of electors who haven't voted for their candidate is very, very small.  Hopefully he will come around.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

It's always confusing to me when any group of people vote for someone who has made it so clear that he does not respect them, and even that he is actively bigoted against them. But people seem able to justify all sorts of things as long as they think that person will support some of their interests (see all those who dismiss his racism, sexism and shady business dealings, because they want to believe he'll magically make their lives better). The Cuban immigrants in Florida have always been very right wing, probably largely because they see the right wing as stronger on Cuba than the left. 

I have to say though, any Latin Americans looking up to strongman candidates must be truly ignorant of so much history from the part of the world their families come from.

Anyway, by all accounts the largest demographic growth in Florida is Puerto Rican immigrants who hate what the Republican policies did to their island's economy, and who are likely to see Trump clearly as the racist demagogue that he is.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

It's always confusing to me when any group of people vote for someone who has made it so clear that he does not respect them, and even that he is actively bigoted against them. But people seem able to justify all sorts of things as long as they think that person will support some of their interests (see all those who dismiss his racism, sexism and shady business dealings, because they want to believe he'll magically make their lives better).

Tell me about it.  I work with a woman who says that  she is voting for tRump and that people are adding their emotions into the story- we should be more unemotional about what Trump has said.  Sometimes, you can't change people's minds or have them consider facts when their minds are already made up by listening to fiction.  Heck, all of my in-laws are voting for the Orange One....  They want change.  They don't understand that the change they are looking for in Trump is not the right kind of change.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

My theory is Stockholm Syndrome.  They spent so much time under Castro's control that they now think this is how all rulers should be.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Padma said:

That viewpoint is called "misrepresenting the facts".  I note, for example, that they don't quote what Trump actually SAID at the rally, but quote the ABC interview question about it.  The reason they don't quote the original quote from Trump is because what he said was false:  He said he saw "thousands and thousands of Muslims in NJ celebrating". 

#1 "saw".  #2 "thousands and thousands".   After being criticized as a liar about it, he finally unearthed Koveslki's report immediately after which included rumors like "some" not "thousands" had been cheering.  (Trump, remember, said he SAW them.)  He and everyone else acknowledged that even "some" or "a few" was not confirmed.   Much less "thousands and thousands".

EVERY fact checker noted, there was absolutely nothing in support of what Trump claimed.

Here's Poltifact: Trump's Cheering Muslims is a "Pants on Fire" lie.   As for Koveleski "groveling" vs. being imitated for his disability.  Reporters at the NYT who knew him absolutely were offended that it was an imitation of his disability (and he had interviewed Trump many times years earlier and was well known to him).  Trump also preceded his imitation with "You should see this guy!"  (Oh, and he wasn't "groveling" either).

People will believe what they want to.  I'm glad there aren't even any accusations or film of Hillary mocking someone disabled. Also, that IF ... IF... she was misunderstood about it she would, I'm sure, be mortified and extremely apologetic!!!   But that's because she actually CARES about other people's feelings, not just her own big, fat ego.

If he was "misunderstood" where's Trump's APOLOGY for offending someone "unijntentionally"?   To me, his lack of empathy or regret for what he said, tells me everything need to know about his intention. 

There's zero doubt Trump was mocking him. Come on. Seriously. The spin in that article makes me dizzy. I won't even justify that with a rebuttal. To think anything other than that Trump was mocking the guy is just ridiculous. And it wasn't even clever mocking. It was low-end schoolyard bully-style mocking that lacked even a sliver of creativity. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, fireice13 said:

Chris Hayes had a guy on his show last night, I can't remember his name, who was talking about the hispanic vote in AZ, FL, NV, and CO. He said that one of the issues with polling is that most don't do a Spanish language poll. It's usually too expensive to put in the field. He said that Hispanic voters could be very underestimated because of the lack of Spanish language polls. It seems that early voting totals are bearing that out and I hope that means Clinton will outperform her polls. 

Fernand Amandi, a Cuban American South Florida Radio guy.  Joy Reid has him on a lot - because she has people in Miami.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Landsnark said:

It's not been well-planned.  It's been a circus.  Comey should've indicted Secretary Clinton, if it were a coup.  They'd have faked emails as evidence they can vigorously point to and parade. 
It does, however, smack of 3rd world politics and an empire in decline, however.

Agreed. Mahr himself risks sounding nutty if he suggests it was well planned.

There are certainly long-term goals the Republican party has had which have led to a lot of this, but remember, this is the same party who didn't plan for the success of The Tea Party anymore than they did for that of Donald J. Trump. They in fact have done little but scramble to try and keep it from destroying their party. 

Sometimes things, bad things, just happen. There are reasons. Some go far back--for example the flip side of people fleeing religious persecution from other countries has led to a huge sense of religious entitlement in the citizens of this country. Some are completely modern--for example the corruption of social media into a horrifying propaganda engine which can't be controlled or countered. But reasons existing doesn't mean it's a plot. It's not. It is instead a breakdown

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 9

Its no great shocker or news worthy article that many Cuban Americans lean Republican.  Cuban Americans who emigrated (or fled) after the Castro regime started in Cuba were rabid anti-Castro , anti -communist, and since the Republic Party tended to be consistently stronger in those positions (Kennedy and Bay of Pigs notwithstanding) it's held for decades.   Elian Gonzalez circa 2000 anyone?   Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and most prominent Cuban American politicians are Republicans.

Now apparently things are gradually changing, younger Cuban Americans are not as fixated on the whole Castro/Cuba defining line, as many are now  3 or 4th generation Americans.  However as their parent are Republicans many still vote that way.

That is markedly different from most other Hispanic groups, such as Mexican Americans, Puerto Ricans, Central Americans, etc, who at the least will vote as a bloc more Democrat then Republican.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, caracas1914 said:

Now apparently things are gradually changing, younger Cuban Americans are not as fixated on the whole Castro/Cuba defining line, as many are now  3 or 4th generation Americans.  However as their parent are Republicans many still vote that way.

This despite the fact that Obama has made it easier for them to visit and send money to their families back in Cuba.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Pixel said:

Not sure which thread this belongs in. I was just reading an article about how Florida is more likely to continue to get more and more blue for the foreseeable future and I wonder, how can a Republican ever take the White House in our current climate? They need a serious revamping of their platforms. I used to at least respect them fiscally, but they've been so obstructive it overshadows anything else. I don't see America being willing to go backward on social issues (although Tuesday may prove me horribly wrong), so I don't see how that party can possibly survive. They are often so backward thinking on social issues and women's issues that I can't see us ever going that way again. 

Not sure where to discuss this either, but I've been pondering this as well. I don't see how another Republican can win the WH anytime in the near future. The electorate has changed, and they have not. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

It's always confusing to me when any group of people vote for someone who has made it so clear that he does not respect them, and even that he is actively bigoted against them. But people seem able to justify all sorts of things as long as they think that person will support some of their interests (see all those who dismiss his racism, sexism and shady business dealings, because they want to believe he'll magically make their lives better). The Cuban immigrants in Florida have always been very right wing, probably largely because they see the right wing as stronger on Cuba than the left. 

I have to say though, any Latin Americans looking up to strongman candidates must be truly ignorant of so much history from the part of the world their families come from.

Anyway, by all accounts the largest demographic growth in Florida is Puerto Rican immigrants who hate what the Republican policies did to their island's economy, and who are likely to see Trump clearly as the racist demagogue that he is.

A lot of the older Cubans are still fighting Castro, and they were adamantly opposed to President Obama lifting the embargo.  Yeah, like that 50-year embargo worked so well!  But, of course, the revelation that Drumpf was trying to violate the embargo himself got lost because once again corporate media failed to follow up and keep it in the public's consciousness.

The Washington Post ran a story a few months ago describing how Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and other Latinos despise the Cubans because of their special status.  Cubans are immediately welcomed into the country, whereas Mexicans, Guatemalans, and others have to wade through a lot of red tape to become citizens.  The persons that were interviewed openly sneered about Marco Rubio and despise him because they feel that he betrayed them when he repudiated his own efforts to reform immigration.  They also feel that the Cuban immigrants look down on them, and a lot of it is based on skin color.

I'm watching Joy Reid now, and they're doing a segment on the cowardly Republicans who have flip-flopped on supporting Drumpf.  They really went in on Rubio, who now says he would be "honored" to campaign with Drumpf.  He's such an opportunistic little pisser just like Lyin' Ryan.

• Love 14

It's a failure of messaging for Hillary and her team not to have made more of Trump illegally trading with Cuba during the embargo.

I -did- hear this morning that many Latinos are switching over because they want to keep DACA and Trump has made it clear he won't.

Just imagine if he had followed the GOP autopsy and appealed to women and Latinos instead of doing everything imaginable to turn them off.  I don't have any doubt that Hillary supporters would be anticipating a big defeat right now. I'm very grateful he's so awful!

• Love 5

I was watching Hillary introducing Katy Perry at a rally a few minutes ago on CNN.   Perry barely got on stage when the CNN talking heads started talking over the rally so you couldn't hear what was being said, then a moment later cut away to Donald Trump's rally.  The anchors fell silent so that Trump's words about "the emails" came through loud and clear, as did the crowd's chanting "Lock her up, lock her up ..."

It makes perfect sense for CNN to want Trump to win.   It ensures at least four years of national and world crises and partisan warfare, all of which will keep viewers glued to the news networks.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

The Washington Post ran a story a few months ago describing how Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and other Latinos despise the Cubans because of their special status.  Cubans are immediately welcomed into the country, whereas Mexicans, Guatemalans, and others have to wade through a lot of red tape to become citizens.  The persons that were interviewed openly sneered about Marco Rubio and despise him because they feel that he betrayed them when he repudiated his own efforts to reform immigration.  They also feel that the Cuban immigrants look down on them, and a lot of it is based on skin color.

NPR ran a similar piece:

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/03/469005699/cubans-free-ride-after-crossing-into-u-s-riles-mexican-americans

BURNETT: These women are part of a large group of Cubans who are getting here by way of South and Central America. Every day, dozens of them fly into Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, walk across the bridge and gain automatic entry to Laredo.

TAMARA RODRIGUEZ: (Speaking Spanish).

BURNETT: "We're happy," says Tamara Rodriguez, a 40-year-old beautician from Havana wearing giant glasses. "I can't wait to sleep in a bed again."

In the past two years, thousands of families and unaccompanied minors from Central America have been showing up at the Texas border, requesting asylum from ruthless criminal gangs back home. After they surrender to federal agents, they're detained or sent to youth shelters or released with ankle monitors. If they can't convince a hearing officer they deserve asylum, they're ordered deported. Cubans, on the other hand, have only to present a passport, then they receive food stamps, Medicaid, rent assistance and, eventually, a work permit and legal residence.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, briochetwist said:

A drunken idiot.  :)  But I will say, he hit the nail on the head when he said that Romney or McCain wouldn't have changed his life, that they were honourable men, but that this is entirely different.

I can't consider McCain honorable at this point with his being one of the leaders in stating that the senate will not approve any supreme court nominee if Hillary wins. Also his being like Ryan and the others in denouncing some of what Trump says while still supporting him. 

• Love 22

I think this fits here, but if I'm misjudging, I'll move it.

I know a lot of women are planning on wearing white to vote on Tuesday.  I don't consider it my place to co-opt that (just like I don't self-describe as a feminist, because I don't think that word belongs to me), but I've decided I'm making a Hillary playlist for my drive to work after I vote.  And yes, that's going to include "Fight Song."  I guess I was as sick of it as everyone else by the end of the primary, but I think it's appropriate.  It also helped me get through probably my biggest challenge of my life a year and a half ago, so it has more meaning to me.

Also "Roar," some Beyonce, P!nk, "Brave," and for retro's sake "Don't Stop."

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, starri said:

I know a lot of women are planning on wearing white to vote on Tuesday.  I don't consider it my place to co-opt that (just like I don't self-describe as a feminist, because I don't think that word belongs to me), but I've decided I'm making a Hillary playlist for my drive to work after I vote.  And yes, that's going to include "Fight Song."  I guess I was as sick of it as everyone else by the end of the primary, but I think it's appropriate.  It also helped me get through probably my biggest challenge of my life a year and a half ago, so it has more meaning to me.

Also "Roar," some Beyonce, P!nk, "Brave," and for retro's ake "Don't Stop

When you get the playlist finalized, please share?  I could handle something to rev me up.  Also, you didn't ask for suggestions/requests, but since you already came up with Don't Stop, maybe some Florence ATM?  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, 33kaitykaity said:

When you get the playlist finalized, please share?  I could handle something to rev me up.  Also, you didn't ask for suggestions/requests, but since you already came up with Don't Stop, maybe some Florence ATM?  

Of course.  And suggestions are definitely welcome.  For example, I completely forgot about Janet Jackson.

It's only a shame that I can't make "This Woman's Work" into a peppy "go kick some ass" song.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, fireice13 said:

I'm sure Tim Kaine would volunteer to do one!

starri, I'm real fond of the pantsuit power video which I guess is set to the Justin Timberlake song “Can’t Stop the Feeling.”

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, starri said:

Hey, Starri -- old school suffragettes also wore white with purple (loyalty & dignity) and green (for hope) and -- for what it's worth -- as a modern day suffragette, I'd be proud to have any man wear whichever color he desires, in solidarity.  

Edited by film noire
suffragette city!
  • Love 7

Call it a work in progress.  I was trying to keep it all to female artists, but had to throw in Fleetwood Mac for Bill and Stevie Wonder for Michelle.  I'm still trying to figure out one for Barack.  And no, not that damned will.i.am song.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, starri said:

Call it a work in progress.  I was trying to keep it all to female artists, but had to throw in Fleetwood Mac for Bill and Stevie Wonder for Michelle.  I'm still trying to figure out one for Barack.  And no, not that damned will.i.am song.

I know it might be corny, but may I suggest Gloria Estafan's: "Get on your  feet"? Not only is it peppy, but was used in great effect in a Parks and Rec episode which  believe HRC also enjoys . And here is a sample lyrics:

Get on your feet
Get up and make it happen
Get on your feet
Stand up and take some action

I think it's true that we've all been through
Some nasty weather
Let's understand that we're here
To handle things together
You gotta keep looking onto tomorrow
There's so much in life
That's meant for you

Read more: Gloria Estefan - Get On Your Feet Lyrics | MetroLyrics