Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

4 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I was enjoying the music, and then he started talking about what Hillary wants for America and will bring to the presidency, compared to Trump, and I scared my cat by actually cheering.  (I think it started with "women's rights will be not an afterthought, but a priority," and just got more exuberant from there.)  I've always been a fan, but he kicked it up a notch tonight.  He didn't say anything new, but he spelled it out in such a clear, simple way that just touched the right place in me.  I had started having some physical manifestations of my anxiety, and he's helping.  I tuned in just in time.

Can I just say he sounds amazing?! I actually hate Dancing in the Dark, its my least favorite Bruce song but that version was perfect.

• Love 3
Just now, starri said:

I'm a white, middle-aged-ish, middle-class male who's going to be an honest-to-god doctor in six months, so I know what I'm supposed to be.

Good for you, Starri! We need good doctors! Are you going to specialize?

4 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Correct.  Forever in history, Hillary's campaign will be memorialized by how disgusting, misogynistic, xenophobic, race-baiting, racist, inflammatory, vulgar, insulting, stupid, pandering, coarse, and disorganized her campaign was.  Spot on.
Forever on, Donald Trump's campaign will be held up as a sterling paragon of virtue and solemnity as befits the position for which he campaigned.  Yep. 
Because the true vulgar bully is the person who alerts the bully he's vulgar.   Right?  This is the internet, so that's how it works, right?

Yeah, those "stonger together" signs are horribly divisive and shameful....

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

C-Span 1 is showing the Philly rally.

Wow.

Bruce Springsteen, it's all so soothing, and really calming my nerves.

You can choose to ignore what's being thrown by your opponent, like Trump has mostly done, 

Bwaah, LMAO.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Keepitmoving said:

You can choose to ignore what's being thrown by your opponent, like Trump has mostly done, 

Bwaah, LMAO.

I wish I could like your post more than once.  Because that initial quote is HILARIOUS.  There is no reason that Trump's handlers took away his Twitter from him like he's 12 years old.  He didn't attack a former Ms. Universe because she's fat.  That never happened.

• Love 10
Just now, Pixel said:

Good for you, Starri! We need good doctors! Are you going to specialize?

I want to be a psychiatrist.  Which according to some stats that I saw that that the American Medical Association put out a few weeks ago, means that it's over-whelming likely that I would be a Democrat.  My theory is that since there are fewer populations more vulnerable than the mentally ill, the more you're exposed to them, the more likely you are to support a strong safety net.

I'd forgotten how much Bill loves being in front of a crowd, and just how goddamn good he is at it.

• Love 12

Could Hillary and Michelle get married so she could stay First Lady?

I have already stolen that in an email to my friend.

President Obama reiterated something Michelle said in her Iowa speech: Hillary Clinton is more qualified for president than anyone who's sought the office in modern history -- "more than me, more than Bill."

He also called Trump "uniquely unqualified" to lead our economy and "temperamentally unsound" to serve as Commander in Chief.

Now he's calling out the double standards applied to Hillary, talking about how he's had to bite his tongue and sympathizing with what Bill and Chelsea must have felt every time.  Admitting it takes a toll to be subject to such attacks, and saying Hillary doesn't complain or buckle, just doubles down on her commitment. 

This rally is really doing it for me.

• Love 20

I'm loving POTUS. He's calling out the Do Nothing Congress and making sure we vote. We need to get Dems into all positions. White House, Senate and we NEED the House. I know we won't get it this time but we need to win seats back.

• Love 16

I'm loving POTUS. He's calling out the Do Nothing Congress and making sure we vote. We need to get Dems into all positions.

I love the way he laughed when he said it's not enough to just elect Hillary, because Congress is filled with people who've already pledged to be even more obstructionist with her than they've been with him -- "it's hard to imagine that's possible, but they've promised it."

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 11

Damn if I don't love this man. I'm going to miss him.

HRC and Obama on stage together.

I love that he helped her put the step stool down on the podium and, then said "when it's your job, it'll be permanently down for you"

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 11

You can choose to ignore what's being thrown by your opponent, like Trump has mostly done

I, for one, appreciate hearing from alternate universes. I bet there's one out there where Nickelback is good too.

Another New Englander here. Sometimes I feel like I live in the reddest dot in the region.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Captain Carrot said:

Lived in NJ all my life, and the only governor I ever liked was Cody. (Interim governor when McGreevy resigned due to a scandal). Both parties in NJ tend to nominate horrible candidates for Gov. My theory is that people get so disgusted with one party that they just vote for the other party's horrible candidate. So get ready for Governor Sweeney.

I don't think you are the only one with that theory. My parents always used to talk about that. I'm not super familiar with too many governors, as I had already moved to PA just after I was able to vote. 

This "If you believe in ..., then you have to vote" section of HRC's speech is great.

HRC: "I regret how angry the tone of the campaign became."
Voice from the crowd: "Not your fault."

• Love 23

I'm really loving HRC right now. This isn't as powerful as her DNC Acceptance speech but, more heartfelt. 

I also love how Obama and HRC are hammering home the down ballot races. Fills me with confidence. They know the Presidential race is in the bag, it's now about all about getting Dems into as many positions as possible.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

This "If you believe in ..., then you have to vote" section of HRC's speech is great.

HRC: "I regret how angry the tone of the campaign became."
Voice from the crowd: "Not your fault."

Yes! I spit my drink right out, died laughing.

14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Damn if I don't love this man. I'm going to miss him.

HRC and Obama on stage together.

I love that he helped her put the step stool down on the podium and, then said "when it's your job, it'll be permanently down for you"

He said that?  Aw, heartwarming.

• Love 12

I am so, so happy MSNBC has shown this basically unmolested.  I needed this.  I really, really needed this.

Because, even with a husband who backed Bernie, and friends who want me to vote Stein, I see this and I know I made the right choice.

• Love 15
Just now, Landsnark said:

No offense, but that sounds exhausting.

My husband and I declared our apartment Switzerland during the primary.  I was a little afraid it might carry over into the general, but he's voting for her, I think enthusiastically, tomorrow.

My friends...my best friend throughout high school and college that is supporting a minor third party candidate whose platform includes vetoing my marriage.  If I can ignore that, I can ignore ignore Stein supporters.

• Love 9

I loved seeing the Obamas and Clintons onstage together at the end! That was so cool. I feel the history of the moment when Obama and Hillary are onstage together, knowing we will have our first black president followed by our first woman president. I think I will cry tomorrow night.

• Love 20

Okay, I'm turning off the TV for the rest of the night, because I am fired the fuck up and I don't want to mess with that.

I voted for Sanders in the primary and have no regrets about that; his policies are even more in line with my values than hers.  I was also always not just prepared but eager to vote for Clinton in the general election should she win, regardless of which one of the 87 Republican candidates got the nomination -- she's exceptionally well qualified for the job, has an admirable history of public service, and certainly aligns with my values far more than anyone the Republicans (or other parties) offered up.  HRC versus Trump?  There couldn't be a better example of a no-brainer.

WHEN (please, universe!) Hillary is elected, I fully expect to have my usual differences with her where she's too far to the right for me -- foreign policy, Wall Street, etc. -- but I am not going to have to hold my nose tomorrow to vote for her.  I'll do it with pride.  And tonight's event in Philadelphia brought that home.

I'll speak up when she's wrong.  I'll work to push her to the left.  But I'm with her.  Unreservedly. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

My boss was saying how low she was going showing that ad that was all just Trump talking (the one with the kids listening).  My response was that normally I'd be disappointed for her resorting to negative ads, but in this case, people cannot be allowed to forget all the scumbag things he's said.

I love how there has been this theme (mostly pushed by his camp) that quoting Trump is somehow a dirty play, or, when done by the media, makes the media biased.  It's so absurd.  What universe are we even living in now?  

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I love how there has been this theme (mostly pushed by his camp) that quoting Trump is somehow a dirty play, or, when done by the media,

Did you see the SNL skit of one of the debates?

Alec Baldwin:  The media has been totally biased, trashing me all the time.

Tom Hanks:  How are they doing that?

Baldwin:  By recording everything I say and everything I do, and putting it on TV.

• Love 20
57 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I'm a little in love with whoever it was who shouted "Not your fault!"

That was so awesome!  At first I thought I was hearing things because that person's thoughts mirrored my own.  Given the antics of that orange guttersnipe and his army of hell hounds, Hillary conducted herself remarkably well.

38 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Okay, I'm turning off the TV for the rest of the night, because I am fired the fuck up and I don't want to mess with that.

I voted for Sanders in the primary and have no regrets about that; his policies are even more in line with my values than hers.  I was also always not just prepared but eager to vote for Clinton in the general election should she win, regardless of which one of the 87 Republican candidates got the nomination -- she's exceptionally well qualified for the job, has an admirable history of public service, and certainly aligns with my values far more than anyone the Republicans offered up.  HRC versus Trump?  There couldn't be a better example of a no-brainer.

WHEN (please, universe!) Hillary is elected, I fully expect to have my usual differences with her where she's too far to the right for me -- foreign policy, Wall Street, etc. -- but I am not going to have to hold my nose tomorrow to vote for her.  I'll do it with pride.  And tonight's event in Philadelphia brought that home.

I'll speak up when she's wrong.  I'll work to push her to the left.  But I'm with her.  Unreservedly. 

I'm right there with you, Bastet.

I got to "know" Bernie over the last couple of years on the Tom Hartmann Show when he appeared every Friday for "Lunch with Bernie."  A true patriot and he was passionate about workers' rights and veterans.  I also used to catch him on The Ed Show when MSNBC still leaned forward.  Admittedly, Bernie did give Secretary Clinton a run for her money.  I'm an Independent and felt that she had to earn my vote.  It all started with the 11-hour Salem witch trial on Capitol Hill.  And, with each presidential debate, she was prepared and composed.  She methodically decimated Coral Caligula, and she earned my respect as well as my vote.  I appreciated Bernie being willing to campaign for her.  I'm not voting just against evil, but I am also voting FOR the most qualified candidate, and I would still vote for her against any of the other 15 candidates in the GOP clown car this year.

I'm WITH HER!!

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

yay! Where? I live on Milwaukee's east side.

I'm from Milwaukee. The last place I lived was Bay View. But alas, last year I moved to a state farther inland and more isolated ( and more red) for a job. Meh.
I expect I'll be back sooner rather than later.

• Love 2

I was at a local Democratic rally earlier this evening and missed the live Philly extravaganza.  Can't wait to watch it on repeat later!

6 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

Exactly, I just love it when Hillary is compared equally to Trump in terms of how low this campaign has gotten, please, the false equivalents. 

Nicolle Wallace tried to do that the other night and everyone was like, um, no.  Hillary's attacks on the orange nightmare are within the norms of American politics; Donald's are not.  But then Nicolle also thinks that an on-message, un-twittering Donald makes a half-way decent candidate.  I swear, every time I think she may not be so bad she goes and says something completely fucking stupid.

6 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Apparently there is a push for women who are voting for Hillary to wear white tomorrow (I know someone who even bought a pant suit at the local thrift store).  Is anyone here who still has to vote tomorrow thinking of wearing white?  I am. 

I am, too!

2 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

That was like Chris Matthews offense at the cuts of the KKK in their "uniforms" in another Clinton campaign ad. where they were saying in their own words how Trump represents  them, him hesitating on denouncing David Duke and hiring Steve Bannon, yet Chris Matthews is offended that the ad. was even made. Boy bye.

Yes, he's been very dense and inconsiderate on this subject.  He thinks the KKK is a joke and no one should worry about them.  As one of his guests (an African-American woman whose name I can't remember at the moment) reminded him yesterday, he's a white man and has no place telling a person of color that they shouldn't fear a white supremacist group.

• Love 16