Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

Illinois

I'd have taken Blagojevich back over either Rauner or Quinn.  (But, gun to my head, I voted Quinn.  Rauner had the stink of Koch brothers all over him.) 

We were just up there over the weekend, and I saw way too many Trump/Pence signs for my comfort, along with non-stop Trump ads whenever I watched TV.  Is it just the area I was in?  

Where were you exactly? For the most part, where I live, is pretty much blue as is the Madison area. Others area toss-up.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I'd really be interested in what State everyone lives in. Just a suggestion but it would be fun watching the results for each State beginning to roll in or any interesting stories someone might have about their voting experience.  All voluntary of course.

I'm in Connecticut

I'm in the District of Columbia (taxation without representation) and voted early.  Although our Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton can't vote on the floor, D.C. constituents at least get to vote in presidential elections.  Maybe a new Clinton administration can restore Rep. Norton's rights and remember us when we demand statehood again, which is on our ballot.

Happy to say that the lines were long, but the polling places were so organized that the poll workers kept things moving.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Which would prove they know nothing about female biology because HRC at 68, is most definitely post-menopausal and thus not subject to hormonal swings.

Enough with that science talk already! ;-)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

The Dells.  

Yep, that area is a bit more red and conservative. I grew up in the outer edge Milwaukee suburbs in Waukesha county, which is very red. My high school classmates are very conservative, almost radical. Needless to say; I don't go to high school reunions.

• Love 1

I'd really be interested in what State everyone lives in. Just a suggestion but it would be fun watching the results for each State beginning to roll in or any interesting stories someone might have about their voting experience.  All voluntary of course.

I'm in Connecticut

I'm in Connecticut too!

• Love 1

Originally from MN here and if not for the winters would live there still. Twin Cities are incredible.

Now I'm in Florida (since early 70s) in a bright red county where the Dems can't sometimes even come up with a candidate so am registered R. (ugh) Nothing like casting "negative" votes. Not very uplifting.

I am so loving the huuuge crowds around Hillary. And she sometimes seems to be positively effervescent.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4

California.

After all his boasts about "I will win in California" he must finally have accepted reality. This morning I got several email asking to phone bank or travel to Nevada tomorrow to help get out the vote there.

Sure hope John Ralston is right that "Trump is already dead in Nevada." Seems a little late to be newly recruiting people and as we know, thanks in large part to Harry Reid, the Democrats have a phenomenal organization there with the goal of banking 70,000 margin of votes before Republicans head out in droves on Election Day. (Hope they'll read Ralston and just stay home.)

Edited by Padma
  • Love 7

I just saw POTUS speaking in New Hampshire. "Are you fired up!!" Yes, I am!

I'm going to miss listening to him speak, he's one hell of a motivator. I'm sure that Hillary Clinton is going to appoint him to some post so he's not really going to leave Washington. We'll be seeing more of him.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Originally from MN here and if not for the winters would live there still. Twin Cities are incredible.

Now I'm in Florida (since early 70s) in a bright red county where the Dems can't sometimes even come up with a candidate so am registered R. (ugh) Nothing like casting "negative" votes. Not very uplifting.

I am so loving the huuuge crowds around Hillary. And she sometimes seems to be positively effervescent.

I adore the Twin Cities.  But, yeah, even with my preference for cool weather, their winter is a bridge too far for me.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Massachusetts, reliably blue despite our tendency to vote republican governors. Though a MA republican would be considered a liberal democrat to most in the GOP.

I'm in New Jersey and we're reliably blue and our Governor can go either way but both the Senators are usually dems. New Jersey is weird.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

I'm in New Jersey and we're reliably blue and our Governor can go either way but both the Senators are usually dems. New Jersey is weird.

Are you all having buyer's remorse regarding your governor?  He seemed like the future of the GOP a couple of years ago.  Now, I've been seeing editorials about impeachment and suggestions that he will be a lame duck for the rest of his term.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Are you all having buyer's remorse regarding your governor?  He seemed like the future of the GOP a couple of years ago.  Now, I've been seeing editorials about impeachment and suggestions that he will be a lame duck for the rest of his term.

Well I never voted for him so I was bitter from the start. as for the rest of her state I'm sure there is buyers remorse he has like a 15% approval rating.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Lady Gaga has been added to the lineup for Hillary's final rally in Philadelphia tonight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EW/status/795746235672043521?p=v

She's pulling out all the stops - Gaga and Bon Jovi both supposed to be at the midnight Raleigh rally too. Samantha Ronson is DJing. I have an early meeting tomorrow otherwise I would have tried to go.

EDIT: there are already hundreds of people in line, 4+ hours before it starts

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Pixel said:

I think she's done a pretty damn good job of sticking to the high road. At some point she had to fight back against some of the stuff he keeps throwing at her.

My boss was saying how low she was going showing that ad that was all just Trump talking (the one with the kids listening).  My response was that normally I'd be disappointed for her resorting to negative ads, but in this case, people cannot be allowed to forget all the scumbag things he's said.

• Love 9

yay! Where? I live on Milwaukee's east side.

Appleton

Another Wisconsinite here!  Germantown.

Our Senate race will be interesting.  We are one of the possible places where  a Dem (Russ Feingold) could replace a Rep (Ron Johnson).  It's neck and neck.

11 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

My boss was saying how low she was going showing that ad that was all just Trump talking (the one with the kids listening).  My response was that normally I'd be disappointed for her resorting to negative ads, but in this case, people cannot be allowed to forget all the scumbag things he's said.

Wait, how can it be "low" to just  quote his words?

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

Exactly.

Yeah, that's not low that's reality in your face and once you've seen it on loop and you still want him representing your children around the world, then by all means go right ahead. But why should people be sheltered from the words right out of that dickwad's mouth? Hillary didn't put the words in his mouth and when he said them he wasn't behind closed doors, he was on a damn stage with news outlets covering what he was saying. Which means, that any child could have turned on a tv and seen him saying that shit in real time.  If folks like your boss want to believe that Trump will be able to restrain himself should he get elected and that the Hillary campaign shouldn't have put his words on loop and played it for the country, because um, if they just let it go, no child would ever have to know that their president has a mouth full of shit for saliva, then again, go right ahead with that delusion. 

That was like Chris Matthews offense at the cuts of the KKK in their "uniforms" in another Clinton campaign ad. where they were saying in their own words how Trump represents  them, him hesitating on denouncing David Duke and hiring Steve Bannon, yet Chris Matthews is offended that the ad. was even made. Boy bye. This is not a time to make people feel comfortable with that kind of racism when it's a heartbeat away from the oval office,  by not going there. The Clinton campaign went there courtesy of Trump's nasty mouth, and I for one am glad they didn't sugar coat any of it. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Pixel said:

I think she's done a pretty damn good job of sticking to the high road. At some point she had to fight back against some of the stuff he keeps throwing at her.

Taking the high road means that you don't participate in the mud-slinging. You can choose to ignore what's being thrown by your opponent, like Trump has mostly done, or defend yourself by saying why it's wrong, assuming that's the case. By responding in kind, Clinton has made herself no better, and actually picked up some of the less credible filth to throw in her ads back when the polls had narrowed (temporarily, so I guess it worked).

14 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

Our Senate race will be interesting.  We are one of the possible places where  a Dem (Russ Feingold) could replace a Rep (Ron Johnson).  It's neck and neck.

I've given hundreds of dollars to get Feingold re-elected.  I always think of him as the partner with Wellstone, so he holds a very special place in my heart.  I really hope he beats Johnson.

• Love 1

Lived in NJ all my life, and the only governor I ever liked was Cody. (Interim governor when McGreevy resigned due to a scandal). Both parties in NJ tend to nominate horrible candidates for Gov. My theory is that people get so disgusted with one party that they just vote for the other party's horrible candidate. So get ready for Governor Sweeney.

1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Good question. I have a lot of teachers in the family and they HATE him. I voted against him both terms so (for me) it's not so much buyers remorse as loom what I've had to put up with!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

My boss was saying how low she was going showing that ad that was all just Trump talking

Uh... what?  So holding up a mirror in front of that f*****'s face is "going low?"  Your boss is an idiot.  How does he/she not accidentally kill him/herself every day?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ari333 said:

ANd for what it's worth I have family members from many races and religions. Im a white middle aged educated chick if that matters.

Edit to add (and I'll go to small talk for more in depth stories) but as an Alabama child AS A CHILD I saw the racism especially in the rural areas. It scared me as a three year old and still does. Not knocking my home state, ok maybe I am  -  but there were some pretty terrible things that happened there.

Now off to small talk.   ...

I'm a white middle aged woman with an ADN, a BA, a BSN, a MS IN medical Informatics, and I am proud to be a liberal democrat!

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Taking the high road means that you don't participate in the mud-slinging. You can choose to ignore what's being thrown by your opponent, like Trump has mostly done, or defend yourself by saying why it's wrong, assuming that's the case. By responding in kind, Clinton has made herself no better, and actually picked up some of the less credible filth to throw in her ads back when the polls had narrowed (temporarily, so I guess it worked).

She hasn't responded remotely in kind. She has responded, but not at the level of low blows and vitriol he has. Obviously we will not agree on this. I'm amazed she hasn't blown a gasket all over his pumpkin spice ass. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 20

Bruuuuuccceeee!!!!!

I was enjoying the music, and then he started talking about what Hillary wants for America and will bring to the presidency, compared to Trump, and I scared my cat by actually cheering.  (I think it started with "women's rights will be not an afterthought, but a priority," and just got more exuberant from there.)  I've always been a fan, but he kicked it up a notch tonight.  He didn't say anything new, but he spelled it out in such a clear, simple way that just touched the right place in me.  I had started having some physical manifestations of my anxiety, and he's helping.  I tuned in just in time.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I'm a white middle aged woman with an ADN, a BA, a BSN, a MS IN medical Informatics, and I am proud to be a liberal democrat!

I'm a white, middle-aged-ish, middle-class male who's going to be an honest-to-god doctor in six months, so I know what I'm supposed to be.

• Love 8