Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

Somebody at Fox News really doesn't like the Clinton women! 

No shock! 

What IS a shock is that this person apparently works in their graphics department rather than at one of their newsdesks.

af92a7d1094129bfedd575ed0ecef3cd.png

If you don't see it at first... keep looking.

Notice....

How their last name is spelled.

Get ready for four years of this kind of casual misogyny (if she wins).

Then again... maybe it would be even worse if Dumptruck wins. Then it won't just be aimed at a woman and her daughter in the White House but at EVERY woman.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Somebody at Fox News really doesn't like the Clinton women! 

No shock! 

What IS a shock is that this person apparently works in their graphics department rather than at one of their newsdesks.

af92a7d1094129bfedd575ed0ecef3cd.png

If you don't see it at first... keep looking.

Notice....

How their last name is spelled.

Get ready for four years of this kind of casual misogyny (if she wins).

Then again... maybe it would be even worse if Dumptruck wins. Then it won't just be aimed at a woman and her daughter in the White House but at EVERY woman.

That's downright appalling and I'm going to complain to Fox about that.

• Love 21

'Clinton Cash' and 'pay-for-play' the real story behind this witch hunt of the Clintons

Throughout her campaign, Hillary Clinton has battled accusations of fostering a “pay for play” culture at the State Department, giving undue access to major Clinton Foundation donors. So far, Republicans have failed to find a smoking gun, but the narrative has served its purpose: tarnishing the public perception of the Democratic nominee and her family’s namesake charity.

Peter Schweizer wrote the book 'Clinton Cash. The controversial, mostly discredited book has been held up by many as irrefutable proof of wrongdoing, or at least common venality, by the Clintons. It also found plenty of eager readers within the Federal Bureau of Investigation, The Wall Street Journal and New York Times report, galvanizing a number of F.B.I. agents to launch an investigation into the Clinton Foundation, based mostly on assertions made by Schweizer in the book.
But guess what? This guy Peter Schweizer is editor-at-large of Breitbart! The argument is certainly a compelling one. Even Schweizer—whom the Journal reports was interviewed on several occasions by the F.B.I. agents interested in the Clinton Foundation—has conceded that he does not have any “direct evidence” to prove that the Clintons have done anything beyond the pale. Despite a questionable source and orders from the Justice Department and senior F.B.I. officials to “stand down,” F.B.I. agents reportedly continued to investigate the Clinton Foundation. 

This entire pay for play accusation has been the result of the alt-right Brietbart in complicity with the Republican party to take down the Clintons.

It all makes me sick. I hope the Republican party is demolished beyond repair and maybe all those old farts will get kicked out of Washington and the Republican party can begin to rebuild and repair itself.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/fbi-investigation-clinton-foundation-peter-schweizer-breitbart

• Love 15
8 hours ago, scriggle said:

Let's see if the media covers this Comey letter as extensively as they did the first.

???????????

I'm sorry. It's just that I don't expect them to at all. Because ratingzzzzzz. And this second letter doesn't condemn her, but does the opposite. 

• Love 5

Do you think it's romantic anymore though?

I don't know if most couples are that romantic after 40+ years. There are some lucky ones, but IMHO they're rare. A lot of good marriages age into affectionate partnerships.

• Love 7

I'm not a big Bill Clinton fan, but I have to admit that the CNN documentary showing their relationship from the cute meeting onward, well, they've been through a lot from an "in love" beginning and it seems very genuine to me that they now have a good relationship, in spite of his infidelities (hopefully past).

It's weird when you think of how Trump got away with what he did at the second debate. Parading around three women who -allegedly-- bill made improper advances to decades ago. I mean, imagine if Hillary's team had done that--paraded out the 17 women (and one 13 year old rape victim) who claim (very credibly to me) to have received improper sexual advances  from Trump. Imagine how people would feel so bad for Melania, being embarrassed like that!

And yet, there was Trump, reveling in it. And Ghouliani was gleeful--only disappointed that the "handshake stunt" was intercepted by the event's hosts.  I mean, it's still incredibly all the things that Trump gets away with that normal candidates--normal men--wouldn't. In that case, I still don't see why it didn't backfire bigly and sway millions over to Hillary. He is so vile. How could anyone want Trump, who is so despicable and so crude, over Clinton--who has class and grace--as their president? (/rhetorical)

Oh, and whoever made that map graphic above--and approved it, because you know many people must have been involved and snickering along--should be publicly rebuked and fired.  It won't happen, but it should (and, again, if this was an insult to Melania or KAC on CNN, you can bet the Trump campaign would raise a fuss and demand accountability. In that sense, I -do- sometimes wish Democrats had more fire, like Reps do.)

Edited by Padma
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Padma said:

Oh, and whoever made that map graphic above--and approved it, because you know many people must have been involved and snickering along--should be publicly rebuked and fired.  It won't happen, but it should (and, again, if this was an insult to Melania or KAC on CNN, you can bet the Trump campaign would raise a fuss and demand accountability. In that sense, I -do- sometimes wish Democrats had more fire, like Reps do.)

Me too also.  The Democrats have so much ammunition and they refuse to use it.  It's so frustrating,  

• Love 4

I have cerebral palsy. I use a wheelchair (but I can walk with a walker). This...just appalls me. Sadly, it seems to be yet another typical day as far as the behavior (or lack thereof) at a Trump event goes. I hope this kid realizes not everyone is like that.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Kicking and pushing the wheelchair of a disabled little boy?  Donald Trump and his fans are the absolute worst. 

This is a link to a facebook post which, in the comments, give a running story about the appalling treatment this kid and his family received at the Trump event, through some calls that got him to the Obama rally the next day, and then the last minute meeting with the President. Have your tissues handy as you read through them.  facebook.com/kimberly.defalco

• Love 9

Today was such a positive, uplifting experience and the stark contradiction between Democratic and Republican campaigns was evident from the very beginning to the sweet, sweet end. There wasn't an offensive shirt or hat in sight, no braying mob turning en masse to hurl obscenities at the media and no repugnant chants demonizing the other candidate by a frenzied crowd riled up by speaker after speaker spewing misery and hate. JJ would have been absolutely thrilled to hear President Obama speak (especially with the amazing view he had) but to then meet his hero was a priceless gift that will last a lifetime

This is an excerpt from the FB post referred to above from the disabled boy's mother. Her description of the atmosphere and the behaviour between the two campaigns is almost unbelievable. How can this be happening?

• Love 11

Donald is a horrible human being (I use that term loosely) and he brings out the worst in others.  It's unsettling how easily people devolve and develop a mob mentality.

Thankfully there are brave people like little JJ and his mom to remind us that goodness still exists.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 15

It doesn't matter to  Trump supporters that the investigation ended.  They will just agree that the system is rigged.  Oh a couple of days before the election she is completely cleared.  Right.....  I heard a commentator say that given what Comey did - he should now be considered a political figure.  He is the head of the FBI - of course he is a political figure.  Hello - reality....

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

It doesn't matter to  Trump supporters that the investigation ended.  They will just agree that the system is rigged.  Oh a couple of days before the election she is completely cleared.  Right.....  I heard a commentator say that given what Comey did - he should now be considered a political figure.  He is the head of the FBI - of course he is a political figure.  Hello - reality....

They were half right. Comey is a registered Republican.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Do you think it's romantic anymore though? Or was all that crushed by the Lewinsky affair? Sorry, I know this is irrelevant, but sometimes I do wonder and can't help but speculate about that.

To me, that's the only thing that's kind of mysterious about Hillary. Other people have all these suspicions about her that I don't share at all. I think we know who she is. If there's any mystery to her, for me it's the Bill factor. I can't help but wonder how she tolerated so much betrayal from him over the years, especially knowing how strong she is. She doesn't seem like someone who'd put up with it, yet she did. Did she really forgive him over and over again...or did that part of their marriage end years ago? It doesn't bother me either way, but I do wonder.

I think that, initially, she stayed with him through the various scandals because she knew a divorce would derail both of their careers (especially hers, politics would be very unkind to a divorced woman whose husband cheated on her).  But, I think at some point along the way since then, with his health scare and now their grandchildren, they've settled into the kind of marriage I suspect a lot of grandparents have.  It's not fiery and passionate, but it's loving in its way.  And you can see how proud he is of what she's doing now.  I suspect she appreciates how much he's able to set his ego aside in all of this (a lot of men would not be excited to become the first man to serve as "First Lady," but he embraces it and seems really into it.  That may have been enough to undo whatever lingering issues remained for her.  I think that's also why Trump's stunt with the women backfired - they're both past it.  It's not an issue to them.  

• Love 16

I can't help but wonder how she tolerated so much betrayal from him over the years, especially knowing how strong she is. She doesn't seem like someone who'd put up with it, yet she did. Did she really forgive him over and over again...or did that part of their marriage end years ago? It doesn't bother me either way, but I do wonder.

If we're to believe many of her long-time/lifetime BFFs and their public stories about her - she stayed because she loves him.  It's really that simple.  Hillary pretty much confirms this in her first autobiography and when speaking about "that time" in public.  She acknowledges how hard it was - that she struggled to even get out of bed despite being first lady.  She attributes getting through it to her faith and counsel from her minister and her BFFs that all came and shielded her, watching movies, talking and eating bad food.

I think, for all Bill's peccadilloes and being a hound... Hillary is the one for him - some men (and some women) are just horrible when it comes to monogamy and fidelity.

• Love 9

Do you think it's romantic anymore though? Or was all that crushed by the Lewinsky affair? Sorry, I know this is irrelevant, but sometimes I do wonder and can't help but speculate about that.

To me, that's the only thing that's kind of mysterious about Hillary. Other people have all these suspicions about her that I don't share at all. I think we know who she is. If there's any mystery to her, for me it's the Bill factor. I can't help but wonder how she tolerated so much betrayal from him over the years, especially knowing how strong she is. She doesn't seem like someone who'd put up with it, yet she did. Did she really forgive him over and over again...or did that part of their marriage end years ago? It doesn't bother me either way, but I do wonder.

When you're a fiercly intelligent woman, a man who matches your intelligence & interests, and perhaps surpasses your charisma is a solid choice for a lifelong commitment.  Sex and romance are not the be all and end all of everything, despite what Liffetime movies might be trying to sell you.  Besides, romance (at least for some), starts with the MIND.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, shok said:

This is an excerpt from the FB post referred to above from the disabled boy's mother. Her description of the atmosphere and the behaviour between the two campaigns is almost unbelievable. How can this be happening?

They say the rot typically starts at the head.  Given that "the head" incites his minions to violence, I'm shocked and saddened but not surprised.  And, on another level, look at the number of GOP lawmakers who are still behind him even after he mocked the reporter.

I also suspect that despite the raucousness of his crowds, they also sense on some level that this thing is slipping away inch by inch.  Virtually every stunt to derail Hillary has been exposed and derailed or was a spectacular failure.  Comey and the alt-right-loving rogue FBI agents was the one thing they could pin their hopes on.  That, and the impending indictment they were convinced was coming sooner or later.  Now that that has been denied them, they are turning on everyone and anyone.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Besides, romance (at least for some), starts with the MIND.

Exactly.

I don't know if anyone else has been following Rebecca Traister, but she's been doing some awesome writing about this campaign and feminism...

There is an Indiana Jones–style, “It had to be snakes” inevitability about the fact that Donald Trump is Clinton’s Republican rival. Of course Hillary Clinton is going to have to run against a man who seems both to embody and have attracted the support of everything male, white, and angry about the ascension of women and black people in America. Trump is the antithesis of Clinton’s pragmatism, her careful nature, her capacious understanding of American civic and government institutions and how to maneuver within them. Of course a woman who wants to land in the Oval Office is going to have to get past an aggressive reality-TV star who has literally talked about his penis in a debate.

For all the hand-wringing about how she will hold up against a bully who has already made it clear he will attack her in the most shameless ways imaginable, Clinton seems extremely pleased about the prospect of running against him. “I’m actually looking forward to it,” she told me. “See, I don’t think it’s as fraught with complexity as some people are suggesting. I think the trap is not to get drawn in on his terms. We saw what happened to those Republicans who tried.”

Clinton says she knows what he’ll say about her — her marriage, her husband. She says she doesn’t care; she can ignore it. “But that doesn’t mean you don’t stand up for everybody else he’s insulting,” she said. “That doesn’t mean you don’t talk about where his policies would take this country, to draw the contrast.”

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 13

Today is the last day, the very last moments we'll have to reach out on social media and make our support of Hillary Clinton unfailing. I've already been to CNN Politics, Mike Huckabee, Fox & Friends, and of course Donald Trump twitter and Facebook. I didn't go to argue talking points or dispute false accusations. I post for one thing only and thats to make the numbers of advocates for Hillary Clinton be visible and heard as robustly. Trump supporters are extremely vocal about their distaste and vitriol for Hillary Clinton, so I feel I need to lend a voice in favor of her.

Last day, shout it out!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I'm watching Carol Costello interviewing Mr. Khan on CNN right now. I can see how proud he is of his son but he should know that his son would be so very proud of his parents. 

Last night Andrea Mitchell reported from the late Hillary rally in, I think, NH. She seemed stunned by the huge, overflow crowds, the joyous feeling. James Taylor played for 45 minutes then "Khizr Khan spoke and I thought, 'How on earth will he follow that?' But, she said, 'People were on their feet for him." Andrea Mitchell, of all people, described it as a "magical" evening.

Cut to Peter Alexander at a live Trump rally. He was on stage, on message, bellowing at the crowd and lying his ass off as usual, "There's NO WAY!! the FBI can look at 650000 email in a week, people! Hillary's a criminal and the rigged FBI knows it!"  Alexander, unfortunately, didn't fact check him (Snowden says they could do it in hours)--nor, I can see today, is anyone else. Anyway, so Peter just repeats the Trump talking points--which passes for coverage--and behind him the crowd is yelling something in unison, over and over. Alexander explains, "They're saying 'CNN Sucks!'". 

The contrast between the two campaigns couldn't be more striking--just like the story of JJ and his mother at the hateful Trump rally and the loving Clinton-Obama one.

It's two Americas and all the optimists --including Hillary-- won't get it unless they realize the darkness that Trump has willingly--eagerly--unleashed in this country. She's equal to it, but the job ahead won't be as easy as she seemed to feel this morning.  There is hate--real hate--in that campaign on a wide scale and they and their horrible leader will NOT take well to losing.

On the bright side, Mr..Khan is one of the best newly-public people to come from this election. Like John Lewis, who I just saw interviewed on MSNBC (feeling there's still a chance for Georgia to go blue), he makes me proud to be an American every time I hear him.

• Love 15

And, because it's only fitting, the Ben Hur Choral Suite (chariot race) is playing on my Pandora station.  I love movie soundtracks and scores, and the chariot race in Ben Hur is so symbolic for me.  Hopefully, Hillary (Judah) will crush the despicable, evil and arrogant Coral Caligula (Marcella) in the dust tomorrow as his he is dragged through the arena.  And, yes, even if his body isn't broken like a wretched animal, I want that cretin humiliated.

• Love 7

I'm having trouble posting, so I'll post something and then edit. Not that I believe in predictions from 400 plus years ago, but it's nice to see  a Hillary win in the verses :-) (and some pretty bad things that fit tRump to a tee)

Ok, I am a skeptic of Nostradamus, but we watched the History channel last night.   It makes an interesting story. Some quotes, (said to be about Hillary) (others about Trump that I'll put in his thread) Keep in mind that this was written in the 16th century (IIRC). I know it is subjective and up for several interpretations. I just thought it was interesting, especially since Nostradamus was intentionally vague, nebulous;  He used symbols, anagrams, allusions  and cloaked his "prophecies" in code bc he was afraid for his life. Still... interesting.

"The masculine woman will exert herself in the north ...."

"Letters are found in the queen's chests. ..... no signature.."

"A false message of a rigged election to run through the city ..."(This quote appeared with the "false message" part    addded at the end of the show)

"The trumpet shakes with great discord."

"He will act very rudely, and he will act very warlike against the flower." (A flower is generally indicative of a woman)

"The blonde one will come to compromise the fork-nosed one...... through the duel and will chase  him out" 

"When the great queen sees herself conquered she will show an excess of masculine courage. " (that sounds like a war or terrorism threat rather than an election loss, but maybe I am biased) 

One thing about the dude who wrote these things, he did say that we have free will to CHANGE things, make choices and stop the horrors that could happen.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Padma said:

That is phenomenal!  Please pay attention, America.

I think that the stock spike indicates that investors are no longer fearing a Trump Presidency and are confident that with the election of Hillary Clinton that the economy will become robust in the future.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I'm having trouble posting, so I'll post something and then edit.

Ok, I am a skeptic of Nostradamus, but we watched the History channel last night.   It makes an interesting story. Some quotes, (said to be about Hillary) (others about Trump that I'll put in his thread) Keep in mind that this was written in the 16th century (IIRC). I know it is subjective and up for several interpretations. I just thought it was interesting, especially since Nostradamus was intentionally vague, nebulous;  He used symbols, anagrams, allusions  and cloaked his "prophecies" in code bc he was afraid for his life. Still... interesting.

"The masculine woman will exert herself in the north ...."

"Letters are found in the queen's chests. ..... no signature.."

"A false message of a rigged election to run through the city ..."(This quote appeared with the "false message" part    addded at the end of the show)

"The trumpet shakes with great discord."

"He will act very rudely, and he will act very warlike against the flower." (A flower is generally indicative of a woman)

"The blonde one will come to compromise the fork-nosed one...... through the duel and will chase  him out" 

"When the great queen sees herself conquered she will show an excess of masculine courage. " (that sounds like a war or terrorism thing rather than an election loss, but maybe I am biased) --  :-)

One thing about the dude who wrote these things, he did say that we have free will to CHANGE things, make choices and stop the horrors that could happen.

I realize that this probably would be more pertinent on the Donald Trump forum but I'm just addressing your comment. I'm more inclined to believe Pope Francis when he said that Donald Trump is "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not a Christian. This is not in the bible." Donald Trump fired back at the Pope accusing the Vatican of being controlled by ISIS.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, HumblePi said:

I realize that this probably would be more pertinent on the Donald Trump forum but I'm just addressing your comment. I'm more inclined to believe Pope Francis when he said that Donald Trump is "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not a Christian. This is not in the bible." Donald Trump fired back at the Pope accusing the Vatican of being controlled by ISIS.

I agree with you. There are other quotes from the show that I wanted to post, but they seemed to be about tRump  so ... wrong thread for me to put it.  But I agree!

I just watched Fox Business and they had their couch of usual commentators including Chris Wallace. They were bemoaning the new stats that were released on their own Fox poll which showed that voters think Clinton has a better temperament than Trump 60-37%. They couldn't understand it because he's been a good boy these past two weeks, staying on topic and not saying things that infuriate large masses of people. They were all depressed and near-tears. I'm not going to lie, I was enjoying this conversation between them immensely but the pièce de résistance for me came when they faded out to a commercial break and this song was playing......heh, gotta love it

http://www.televisiontunes.com/underdog.html

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I just watched Fox Business and they had their couch of usual commentators including Chris Wallace. They were bemoaning the new stats that were released on their own Fox poll which showed that voters think Clinton has a better temperament than Trump 60-37%. They couldn't understand it because he's been a good boy these past two weeks, staying on topic and not saying things that infuriate large masses of people. They were all depressed and near-tears. I'm not going to lie, I was enjoying this conversation between them immensely but the pièce de résistance for me came when they faded out to a commercial break and this song was playing......heh, gotta love it

Agreed. It is so obvious about the temperament. Hillary does not let a simple thing like twitter bait her to go apeshit on twitter or anything else.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

They couldn't understand it because he's been a good boy these past two weeks, staying on topic and not saying things that infuriate large masses of people.

Fox News thinks saying keeping voting places open to accommodate lines is "staying on topic"?  Yikes.

I was really disgusted when Kellyanne expected everyone to stand up and cheer because Trump could could get through one speech without acting like a two-year old having a temper tantrum.  Compare that to the grace HRC showed with the 55 interruptions she was subjected to in one debate alone.

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

Fox News thinks saying keeping voting places open to accommodate lines is "staying on topic"?  Yikes.

I was really disgusted when Kellyanne expected everyone to stand up and cheer because Trump could could get through one speech without acting like a two-year old having a temper tantrum.  Compare that to the grace HRC showed with the 55 interruptions she was subjected to in one debate alone.

Seriously. And how demeaning is it to have to take away Twitter access from Donald so he doesn't inflame something off-message in the last week of the campaign?  Is he a child?

Also, his much-praised ability to stay on message for a few days completely ignores what that message IS!  All the lies--genuinely lies--about Clinton's email, her "crimes" and the "constitutional crisis" that will come from having to spend four years investigating and prosecuting her.

It also ignores his MESSAGE which is truly disturbing.  The media doesn't want to touch it, but he goes on and on about an "international global conspiracy" that "controls the Washington establishment" (Dems AND Reps) and how the "Clinton cabal" is at the center of this "corrupt, rigged system". He likes to say that HRC has "nothing going for her, nothing, she's a zero" except for "the crooked media that isn't even journalists anymore, they're corporate lobbyists for people like Mexican Carlos Slim who owns the New York Times and supports Hillary."

On the stump, Trump has gone full batshit crazy global conspiracist, led by Hillary and backed by the media--all working on behalf of their corporate overlords.  For some reason, people don't want to play this for voters. Too crazy? Maybe. But it's ringing all the right bells in the base. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

That's because they've been feeding their audience of low-information voters on a steady diet of "Hillary is a witch and smells like sulfur" for years.  Tom Hartmann just had a man on his show a few minutes ago who swore that Hillary was a member of a coven that wanted to kill babies in utero.  I kid you not!  When Tom had the audacity to ask this fool to explain why he believed that Hillary was a witch, the man got insulted and started yelling because Tom was ridiculing him.

Lord, help us...

• Love 9
Just now, MulletorHater said:

That's because they've been feeding their audience of low-information voters on a steady diet of "Hillary is a witch and smells like sulfur" for years.  Tom Hartmann just had a man on his show a few minutes ago who swore that Hillary was a member of a coven that wanted to kill babies in utero.  I kid you not!  When Tom had the audacity to ask this fool to explain why he believed that Hillary was a witch, the man got insulted and started yelling because Tom was ridiculing him.

Lord, help us...

I trust He is.

• Love 10

If your own team can't trust you with your own Twitter, how can anyone think you're fit to be a president of a country no less?  

I had no idea that the FBI was so politicized prior to this email stunt.  Because I don't know what else to call it if you release some vague letter with no information but inflamming innuendo a week before an election, and then announce that it was much ado about nothing 2 days before said election.  The director should be fired. 

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 10

I've been watching a lot of CNN the past few weeks.  I think they are trying to grant equal amounts of air time to both candidates, but this has, with all good intentions toward fairness, aided and abetted the Trump campaign.  There are so many more issues to cover regarding Trump and the untruthful or treasonous things he say that each one gets short shrift.  Then they compound it by letting Kellyanne ramble off topic for minutes at a time to run out the clock. 

But with Hillary, there was only the one topic, the emails, to discuss, so in effect it helped blow it up disproportionately.

I would rather they give 45 minutes each hour over to Trump if needed and demand his campaign manager answer for every lying thing he has said that day.  Do exactly the same with HRC, if she says anything that needs fact-checking.  But she won't because she's an adult with decency.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm sorry. It's just that I don't expect them to at all. Because ratingzzzzzz. And this second letter doesn't condemn her, but does the opposite.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. If you're stopped for speeding and you make any movements that look like you're trying to hide something, you can expect the cop to assume the worst. Same principle for what Clinton did, except that politicians have a terrible reputation as a group, so it's even more plausible that she's guilty of "something". It doesn't help that she hasn't been able to find that "high road" Michelle Obama told her about.

• Love 1

how strange that Trump is being applauded for staying on message for a few days.  It only means they finally drummed into his head that he needs to read the speech as written, and not veer too far off topic. 

So, they think that he can function as PRESIDENT without someone holding his hand and reminding him to stay on topic? 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

My impression, for what it's worth, is that there is mutual affection and respect there.  I think that, at this point in life, Bill realizes that she's put up with a lot of shit, and that he may not really deserve the level of grace she's shown him, publicly or privately.  I know he's a skilled speaker and all, but I bought his DNC speech.  I think that while he clearly strayed over the years, she's the one woman he's always had the highest level of respect for, in terms of her intelligence and her drive.  

I feel Bill, for all his flaws, has always known what a lucky man he is to have found Hillary who is his true equal, if not superior, in intellect and ambition and more, and how lucky he was that she was willing to follow him all the way to Arkansas and essentially put her own career on hiatus to serve his.  For a woman with real ambitions and dreams like Hillary, if that's not love, what is?  Anyone who read that NYT piece from the woman whom Hillary lived with in D.C. and drove down to Arkansas can tell that Hillary really was in love with Bill.  I think outsiders who tried to unfairly judge her reaction to Bill's affairs with women often forget that she's also human, a woman, who is/was in love with a man.  And whether a person decides to stay or leave after infidelity really is no one else's business, and certainly has no bearing on their suitability as President.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

I've been watching a lot of CNN the past few weeks.  I think they are trying to grant equal amounts of air time to both candidates, but this has, with all good intentions toward fairness, aided and abetted the Trump campaign.  There are so many more issues to cover regarding Trump and the untruthful or treasonous things he say that each one gets short shrift.  Then they compound it by letting Kellyanne ramble off topic for minutes at a time to run out the clock. 

But with Hillary, there was only the one topic, the emails, to discuss, so in effect it helped blow it up disproportionately.

I would rather they give 45 minutes each hour over to Trump if needed and demand his campaign manager answer for every lying thing he has said that day.  Do exactly the same with HRC, if she says anything that needs fact-checking.  But she won't because she's an adult with decency.

My husband can't take it when I'm watching CNN and several surrogates are there from both camps like Scottie Nells Hughes, Van Jones, Bakari Seller, Corey Lewandowski, Kayleigh Mcenany, Amy Kremer or Angela Rye are there together it's mayhem and nobody gets a real opportunity to give their clear view without interruption. The messages get garbled and it doesn't help when the viewer is trying to mentally sort out the conversation as it's happening. The only way that it would be possible to hear their viewpoint is if one was allowed to come on at a time OR they were placed in a glass booth and each given 2 minutes to respond then the microphone goes dead in the booth. The most glaring thing I've noticed from the Trump surrogates is the fact that they never answer a question directly, they pivot immediately. Example; "what's your opinion of the video with Trump saying he grabs women by the genitals?" Scottie Nells Hughes would say "I agree that it's disrespectful but wouldn't you agree that Hillary Clinton committed a crime by deleting over 3,000 emails?"

I certainly do have a problem with CNN having someone like Corey Lewandowski as a paid commentator because he likely has a non-disparagement agreement with the Trump campaign, was hired by CNN while he was still being paid severance by Trump’s campaign, has continued to do “consulting work” for Trump, and recently joined the campaign for events in Maine and New Jersey. Nearly all of the Trump surrogates are paid by both CNN AND Trump which immediately makes me suspicious of anything they say in his favor (don't diss the boss), The Hillary Clinton surrogates are paid by CNN and not by Hillary Clinton. McEnany defended Trump’s claim that Obama is the “founder of ISIS,” Hughes attacked Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine’s use of Spanish, and both Hughes and McEnany have defended Trump against multiple sexual assault accusations. Is there any wonder why CNN would lean towards the Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton? The Trump surrogates have proven time and time again that they have a primary position in the deplorable basket.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, HumblePi said:

Today is the last day, the very last moments we'll have to reach out on social media and make our support of Hillary Clinton unfailing. I've already been to CNN Politics, Mike Huckabee, Fox & Friends, and of course Donald Trump twitter and Facebook. I didn't go to argue talking points or dispute false accusations. I post for one thing only and thats to make the numbers of advocates for Hillary Clinton be visible and heard as robustly. Trump supporters are extremely vocal about their distaste and vitriol for Hillary Clinton, so I feel I need to lend a voice in favor of her.

Last day, shout it out!

I have been doing this through this cycle. I find the narrative that there is a lack of enthusiasm for her maddening 

What I need for the mass media to understand is that Hillary fans are grown ups -- not in age, but in demeanor. We don't shout for the sake for shouting. We are as pragmatic as our heroine is. You won't see us at every rally because we serious people who live serious lives. Just as most Trump supporters drawn to him share some of his tendencies, so do Clinton supporters.

Come find us at polling stations where our enthusiasm will be on full display. Because we are mature and wise people, we know where and when to show our enthusiasm.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Agreed. It is so obvious about the temperament. Hillary does not let a simple thing like twitter bait her to go apeshit on twitter or anything else.  

Can you imagine if the temperaments were reversed? If Trump were the calm, collected, focused one and Hillary was out there screaming to the crowds, lying about her opponent, then tweeting insults to reporters, celebrities, other politicians in her own party, and anyone who criticizes her?

It's almost funny to think of. Because there's no way that she would be anything other than a national laughingstock (and people would be talking about her needing an intervention, she was so unhinged). Not sure what "Trump Teflon" is, but its truly amazing that he's at 40+ percent!  You'd think, the way he acts, it would be more like 80/10.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Padma said:

Can you imagine if the temperaments were reversed? If Trump were the calm, collected, focused one and Hillary was out there screaming to the crowds, lying about her opponent, then tweeting insults to reporters, celebrities, other politicians in her own party, and anyone who criticizes her?

It's almost funny to think of. Because there's no way that she would be anything other than a national laughingstock (and people would be talking about her needing an intervention, she was so unhinged). Not sure what "Trump Teflon" is, but its truly amazing that he's at 40+ percent!  You'd think, the way he acts, it would be more like 80/10.

that would be the case simply because she's female