Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yes he did.  He was very off on the Republican Primary which is why I think he was boosting Trump in his Models during the General election.

I'm convinced he has some "Trump correction factor" he's adding in to his number after he runs them.  Like he's bumping Trump's odds up 5% in each model or something, just to cover all the bases.  

3 hours ago, starri said:

What exactly is it that Hillary is dooming us to?

Decent healthcare and pantsuits? 

• Love 22

I'm bringing this over from Politico

Nolan D. McCaskill

11/08/2016 11:48 AM EST

Votecastr projections: Clinton up early in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, Ohio, Wisconsin

Early model projections show Hillary Clinton leading in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Of the seven states observed Tuesday morning by Votecastr, a company founded by Obama and Bush campaign veterans, Trump only leads in one state, which hasn’t gone red since 1988: Pennsylvania.

Trump’s 7-point lead, however, is only among the 3.4 percent of votes that have been observed in the state, which doesn’t allow early voting.

• Love 6

I agree, Dolleyes. I think Hillary has potential to be an exceptional president, especially if she doesn't have Reps controlling both Houses of Congress. She's also coming into a nation very different economically and socially from what it was in 2008. I think she may appoint more liberals as a result, and work closer with those in Congress.

Plus, in addition to being so knowledgeable and experienced herself, she has so many great political friends who will be helpful, too--the Obamas, Biden, etc. etc.

If the Senate does not confirm Garland, I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary nominates a young, liberal Asian woman with impeccable credentials and makes it her first fight.

• Love 13

I really don't want to get into a debate with anyone here as to the pros and cons of either or both of your current Presidential hopefuls. But from what I've seen in the news, they both strike me as terrible candidates as well as terrible people. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any US presidents since JFK that I would describe as truly "presidential" in nature. I really don't think that I'm sufficiently well informed to offer any good opinions about the nature of your presidents since JFK

Am I the only one who's a little confused and see the irony in these two sentences? I'm not sufficiently informed by any presidents since the man who served in the 60's (and there's been like 9 presidents since) but I will share my adamant belief that your country is going to shit because your candidates are all evil and the world as we know it will end. Okay then. 

• Love 15

I have to admit that up until this morning, I was pretty confident that Americans would prove that the majority of us aren't racists, bigots or Islamophobes. I went to vote at a time I thought would be quiet but there was a traffic jam of cars just trying to get into the driveway of the school where I vote. Inside was orderly, efficient and I got through very quickly. The problem I see here in my town is that we're generally a Republican voting town. I thought these Republicans in town would think 'puh! Trump? no way!' I saw so many Trump signs on lawns on the way there that now I'm seriously getting nervous. (I think I can even feel the soles of my feet getting damp)

I'm starting to make plans ahead of time just in case this turns out to be a Trump victory.

3a140983-23d5-4480-abcd-72a0bdddabbc.png

2 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Hillary won the US Territory of Guam, overwhelmingly. But it doesn't count because, among other things, they aren't part of the Electoral College.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/11/08/hillary-clinton-overwhelmingly-wins-guam/93471844/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Any encouragement right now.....ANY!!!  is great!

• Love 4

It sounds like many of us have family that is divided regarding this election.  Looking forward to Thanksgiving and the possible arguments that may ensue, I'm going to do my own "debate prep" and have ready come-backs for any dipsh*t thing my Trump-backing BIL throws out.

HRC is a liar:  I am going to have Politifacts' breakdowns memorized especially the "pants on fire" numbers.

Obamacare is a disaster:  Trump didn't even know whether his own employees were on it or not.  He can't comment on something he obviously did no research on.

HRC wants open borders for immigrants:  No, that was an energy policy.  Don't you want cheaper energy if the US and Mexico can pool resources?

Anything on the economy:  The STOCK MARKET's opinion of Trump.

She's the Devil:  Not according to the Pope.

Her husband's sexual past:  We're all going to have to call a wash on this one.

The emails: Basically a variation of how if that's the worst they can find in years' worth of private emails, the woman's a saint. Oh, and you know, she was cleared.  Twice.  Go ahead, keep digging.  

The system is rigged:  So, Scott Walker wasn't legitimately elected our governor?  Glad to hear it.

I'm also probably going to need to use "no evidence of that" and "what alternative did he propose" several times.

Any other good comebacks you guys know?  

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 7

Sheesh, I'm going to end up bawling all day long - watched her vote, cried, the Roar ad came on, cried.  I guess this electing the first woman business is really getting to me.  ... I've been missing my mother and and grandmothers periodically during this experience (the night she became the presumptive nominee, the DNC speeech) because I'd have liked them to be here to witness this.

I cried watching her vote, I cried watching the Roar ad, I cried seeing a news article's picture of the "I Voted" stickers on Susan B. Anthony's grave, and then I cried at your post.  It's going to be a long day.  I've been so focused on the importance of not electing Trump that it has only recently truly set in that we are, hopefully, on the brink of finally having a female president in this country.  I've waited my whole life for that, and it's really hitting me today.  I'm in white, and heading out to vote shortly.

Oh, and I've never really liked Roar, but now that it's associated with Hillary's ad in my brain, I've downloaded it onto my iPod so I can listen to it on a loop as I walk to my polling place.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, starri said:

That would be Lisa Murkowski.  She's probably the most reasonable member of the Senate GOP caucus.

It's also remarkable because she won as a write-in and her name is Murkowski.

Thank you for the first genuine laugh I've had all day :-)

1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

This story showed up on my FB timeline and caused me to tear up.  Apparently, women are placing their "I Voted" stickers on Susan B. Anthony's grave.  Just...wow...

Women Voters Honor Susan B. Anthony

Wow, is right, I'm a little teary myself.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

It sounds like many of us have family that is divided regarding this election.  Looking forward to Thanksgiving and the possible arguments that may ensue, I'm going to do my own "debate prep" and have ready come-backs for any dipsh*t thing my Trump-backing BIL throws out.

HRC is a liar:  I am going to have Politifacts' breakdowns memorized especially the "pants on fire" numbers. Ask "what exactly did she lie about?"

Obamacare is a disaster:  Trump didn't even know whether his own employees were on it or not.  He can't comment on something he obviously did no research on. The Affordable Care Act/Obamacare made it possible for 16.4 million people that didn't have any health insurance have it and no one can be denied health insurance because of a pre-existing medical condition. The Republican Senate changed the ACA to their own version and tied it up in the Supreme Court for four years.

HRC want open borders for immigrants:  No, that was an energy policy.  Don't you want cheaper energy if the US and Mexico can pool resources? The misconception that Donald Trump has embedded into the minds of his people is that 'open borders' meant that Mexicans will have the freedom to just stroll across the borders into the US. That's totally false. She gave a speech to a Brazilian bank in which she stated: “My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders.” Clinton “has repeatedly said she supports border security” and because she claimed she was referring to “energy” in the speech. Breitbart news twisted this differently and in a more ominous way to scare people.

Anything on the economy:  The STOCK MARKET's opinion of Trump. Yesterday the stock market jumped 200 points on the news that Comey had announced that the investigation is now complete and there is no further reasons to investigate her. The news brought confidence in the market.

She's the Devil:  Not according to the Pope. Pope Francis warned against "social walls" and "false prophets" fueling fear and intolerance in politics. He also said "Walls that enclose some and banish others. Walled citizens, terrified on one side, excluded, exiled, and still more terrified on the other. Is that the life that our Father God wants for their children?"Dear brothers and sisters -- all walls fall. All of them. Do not be fooled."

Her husband's sexual past:  We're all going to have to call a wash on this one. Bill Clinton and Donald Trump both had multiple affairs, that's fact. Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton worked through their difficulties and remained together. Donald is on wife #3.

The emails: Basically a variation of how if that's the worst they can find in years' worth of private emails, the woman's a saint. Oh, and you know, she was cleared.  Twice.  Go ahead, keep digging.  It's been proven by the Federal Government investigation that cost our government $11 million dollars (more than the investigation of the WTC attack) and there is absolutely no evidence of dangerous wrongdoing to this country.

The system is rigged:  So, Scott Walker wasn't legitimately elected our governor?  Glad to hear it. Only comment, I don't like his face. :)

I'm also probably need to use "no evidence of that" and "what alternative did he propose" several times.

Any other good comebacks you guys know?  Truth only--that's our greatest weapon. The best 'comeback' is simply to ask for their facts, where did they get them. Was it from a Breitbart alt-right publication or website, or was it from the NY Times, Politico, BBC or any other authentic news agency? What matters is fact not fiction, truth not conspiracy theories.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Hillary won the US Territory of Guam, overwhelmingly. But it doesn't count because, among other things, they aren't part of the Electoral College.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/11/08/hillary-clinton-overwhelmingly-wins-guam/93471844/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well she won that little district/town in New Hampshire in the wee hours of the morning which I loved, because she went on record first with a win that does count. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I literally held my nose and voted for her today, only because I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do my part to ensure that Trump doesn't win.  I was looking forward to the first female President, just not this female.  I cannot stand the sight of her.  But if, by chance, she should lose, at least I can sleep tonight, knowing I did my part.  I feel better having gotten this off my chest.  Off to get a drink now.

You've done the right thing. I've talked to a lot of Rs I know and the ones I know who are Rs for economic, small gov't and some moral issues, all of them are voting for Hillary because they see what Trump and his followers are. The ones I personally know who are voting for Trump are very open about their racism or hatred of certain groups, or they can't stomach a powerful woman.

• Love 6

OK, I'll say it. When Rump  became the R candidate I was totally horrified. Now I've come to realize that since he is such a loathsome  opponent, that guarantees a win for Hillary.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, HumblePi said:

Yes I remember the 60's very clearly, but wasn't the political activist I am today, I was too young back then to give a crap about politics. I didn't know or care anything about Canada's politics either frankly. I only know about Pierre Trudeau's son Justin because I saw him on TV one day and thought he was hot. Other than his hotness I don't know a thing about Justin Trudeau.  I watched the Beatles first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show and also that of Elvis Presley. The camera wouldn't even show him from the waist down because his gyrations were too suggestive or provocative. Funny old bugaboos back then.

As you can see, I don't get involved in the politics that don't concern me or my country. I have been active in knowing all I can about each of our candidates for the past two years, so I'm not exactly an impulse voter. My days of debate and discussion about the pros and cons of each candidate ended officially an hour ago when I voted.

I meant to add 'ALISHIBAZ' that if Donald Trump wins the election today that I'll make a trade with you, Justin Trudeau for Donald Trump.  Deal?

I would counter your offer with the following, "Would you take them both? Please, take them both? Please? Please? Please?

If so, you can take Hilarity as well. Please?

• Love 2

I saw a message on my neighborhood news website (Atlanta GA) this morning about people who are offering free rides to the polling places being harassed online:

"Dear Neighbors,

"I'm posting this message about free rides to polls around wherever it seems most useful and having trouble with keeping it on Craigslist due to people who were emailing me with pretty nasty things (I turned off email capability) and then of course flagging my post for removal enough times it gets removed. Some people want to prohibit access for people who aren't able to drive to vote, it seems."

This neighbor had already made it clear that the free ride program was non-partisan. But I can guess which side was harassing her.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, AliShibaz said:

I would counter your offer with the following, "Would you take them both? Please, take them both? Please? Please? Please?

If so, you can take Hilarity as well. Please?

I'll meet you in the middle.  I WILL take Hillary - you can have Trump.

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I cried watching her vote, I cried watching the Roar ad, I cried seeing a news article's picture of the "I Voted" stickers on Susan B. Anthony's grave, and then I cried at your post.

I'm a middle aged white guy, and I've been close several times today.  I should have probably worked from home.

1 hour ago, backgroundnoise said:

When they say she's a criminal and belongs in jail, I usually ask "What crimes has she committed? Please, be specific, and show me evidence, not rumors off the Internet."

• Love 16

Here is the way I think about this election -  there are differences between the two candidates.  There always are.  

But -   Shit happens.  Terrorist attacks, wars, hurricanes, bank collapses, mass shootings, disasters.  

We need to look beyond policy, and look at which candidate has the character and the temperament to stay in control and handle what crappy thing might happen during the next 4 years.  

WHo is going to react based on anger, impulse and vengeance?  Who is going to respond thoughtfully after weighing consequences and options? 

In past elections, I've preferred one candidate over another, but I never had the thought that if the other guy won, he had the potential to totally screw everything up because he's a narcissist who can't see beyond his own ego. 

• Love 17

While driving a little while ago, the mid-day DJ on a local radio station (a woman) played, in a short time, Roar and Sit Still, Look Pretty.  My son said to me "I'm sensing a theme here.  I like it."  

• Love 10

I don't know how I missed this.  Here is a very fitting tribute to AG Janet Reno in a NYT op-ed piece yesterday.  

I have no idea why I fixed my face today and actually wore mascara and eyeliner.  I've been emotional and pretty dewy eyed most of the day, and given that I work in an all-female small boutique firm, I suspect that we will be pretty emotional before the evening is over.

Had Janet Reno Lived to See Tomorrow

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, khyber said:

You've done the right thing. I've talked to a lot of Rs I know and the ones I know who are Rs for economic, small gov't and some moral issues, all of them are voting for Hillary because they see what Trump and his followers are. The ones I personally know who are voting for Trump are very open about their racism or hatred of certain groups, or they can't stomach a powerful woman.

Thanks, but FYI, I am not, never have been, and never will be, an "R."

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, backformore said:

Here is the way I think about this election -  there are differences between the two candidates.  There always are.  

But -   Shit happens.  Terrorist attacks, wars, hurricanes, bank collapses, mass shootings, disasters.  

We need to look beyond policy, and look at which candidate has the character and the temperament to stay in control and handle what crappy thing might happen during the next 4 years.  

WHo is going to react based on anger, impulse and vengeance?  Who is going to respond thoughtfully after weighing consequences and options? 

In past elections, I've preferred one candidate over another, but I never had the thought that if the other guy won, he had the potential to totally screw everything up because he's a narcissist who can't see beyond his own ego. 

This exactly. In prior elections I knew I wouldn't be too terribly upset if my preferred candidate didn't win because in the end, they're both qualified in their own ways and the same basic stuff will get done (or not). Life will go on regardless. I don't feel that way about this election. I am actually afraid of what might happen if you know who were to take office. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

This one is difficult to refute in short sentences, but be prepared for accusations of selling out the Clinton Foundation to foreign governments in exchange for favors and also somehow using it to "line her pockets."

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Joy Behar said on, "The View" today that she had an analogy.  " What if you had two pilots on a plane....both may be liars.... but who is able to fly the plane?"

I hope she admitted to modifying another comedian's stuff.   That came from an observation made by Louis C.K. earlier this year.   I wouldn't ever have recalled except that I'm LCK fangirl.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a45781/louis-ck-plane-election-analogy/

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, ari333 said:

What if you had two pilots on a plane....both may be liars...

I hate that.  I hate that so much.  It is NOT a given that Hillary Clinton's defining characteristic is lying.  She is demonstrably proven to not be a liar.  She may have been mistaken at times in public, she may have intentionally nuanced a now-unpopular policy perspective, but she is not a liar. 
Saying "not to my knowledge" is NOT the same thing as Trump's endless string of lies. 

For any proponent of Clinton use that language is wildly irresponsible, and just dumb.  It furthers a false understanding, an understanding that is used against Clinton as a cudgel daily.  It's the #1 reason why normally sane people won't or don't want to vote for her.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 15

HRC is a liar:  I am going to have Politifacts' breakdowns memorized especially the "pants on fire" numbers.

Obamacare is a disaster:  Trump didn't even know whether his own employees were on it or not.  He can't comment on something he obviously did no research on.

HRC wants open borders for immigrants:  No, that was an energy policy.  Don't you want cheaper energy if the US and Mexico can pool resources?

Anything on the economy:  The STOCK MARKET's opinion of Trump.

She's the Devil:  Not according to the Pope.

Her husband's sexual past:  We're all going to have to call a wash on this one.

The emails: Basically a variation of how if that's the worst they can find in years' worth of private emails, the woman's a saint. Oh, and you know, she was cleared.  Twice.  Go ahead, keep digging.  

The system is rigged:  So, Scott Walker wasn't legitimately elected our governor?  Glad to hear it.

I'm also probably going to need to use "no evidence of that" and "what alternative did he propose" several times.

Started to answer, but shouldn't this be in the Trump thread? (At least all my answers were basically about Trump).

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, lordonia said:

You'll need rejoinders for: Vince Foster, Benghazi, attacking the women involved with her husband, Huma Abedin, never having done anything as a Senator or SOS, investing in 1977, defending a rapist as a public defender, and on and on and on and on... they've thrown a lot of bullshit at her from 1980 to today.  37 years is a long time for once ceaseless right wing conspiracy.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, lordonia said:

This one is difficult to refute in short sentences, but be prepared for accusations of selling out the Clinton Foundation to foreign governments in exchange for favors and also somehow using it to "line her pockets."

Oh, that's an important one. That the Clinton's -- all of them-- take ZERO money from the Foundation. Also that it has an "A" rating (and uses 90% of the money for programs, not administrative overhead--another mixed up Republican accusation).

Also, there is NO evidence of "pay to play" at the State Dept, or that, as Trump says, she "sold favors for cash". He lies about that as about so many things (i.e. "she's a criminal"; "I opposed the war in Iraq before it began"; "no one respects women more than I do"; "I've given millions and millions to the vets", etc. etc.)

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I don't know how I missed this.  Here is a very fitting tribute to AG Janet Reno in a NYT op-ed piece yesterday.  

I have no idea why I fixed my face today and actually wore mascara and eyeliner.  I've been emotional and pretty dewy eyed most of the day, and given that I work in an all-female small boutique firm, I suspect that we will be pretty emotional before the evening is over.

Had Janet Reno Lived to See Tomorrow

OMG.  I did the same thing.  I'm the same age as Hillary and retired and I almost never wear makeup anymore because I'm pretty sure nobody at the supermarket cares what I look like.  But today I did the shadow/mascara/lipstick thing, I guess because I wanted to make a good impression when I cast my ballot.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

You'll need rejoinders for: Vince Foster, Benghazi, attacking the women involved with her husband, Huma Abedin, never having done anything as a Senator or SOS, investing in 1977, defending a rapist as a public defender, and on and on and on and on... they've thrown a lot of bullshit at her from 1980 to today.  37 years is a long time for once ceaseless right wing conspiracy.

Vince Foster is a popular sticking point in my house, so if anybody has a comeback that takes the gun outta her hand I'd really appreciate it.  I could use (another) win tonight.

I watched a Trump rally (Pennsylvania). He said "We'll bring the steelworkers' jobs back to Pennsylvania. It'll be just like it used to be."

Exactly HOW does he propose to make the U.S. steel industry "just like it used to be"? We lost the steel industry to China years ago. We have filed anti-dumping complaints against China for selling steel to American importers below cost, but those complaints take forever to work their way through the international trade red tape. Trump himself has used foreign-made steel in his buildings. Why didn't he put his money where his big mouth was, and buy American?

Moreover, one of the main reasons we lost so many American steelworker jobs is automation. Robots in U.S. steel factories do the jobs people used to do. (Same as in auto factories -- robotics are widely used for production and assembly.) Is Trump going to turn back technology too?

He has no plan to revive the American the steel industry. He is just telling his supporters what they want to hear, "I'll fix it just like it used to be." It's an empty promise. Hillary does not make up shit like that. She isn't promising people the moon.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Moreover, one of the main reasons we lost so many American steelworker jobs is automation. Robots in U.S. steel factories do the jobs people used to do. (Same as in auto factories -- robotics are widely used for production and assembly.) Is Trump going to turn back technology too?

This is true of coal as well.

So I didn't know what material the Javits Center ceiling was made of:

3500.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Watching the "Sister Suffragette" video from Mary Poppins and just thinking about how far we've come. 

"Womankind, arise!"
Political equality and equal rights with men!

33 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

what I I hate that.  I hate that so much.  It is NOT a given that Hillary Clinton's defining characteristic is lying.  She is demonstrably proven to not be a liar.  She may have been mistaken at times in public, she may have intentionally nuanced a now-unpopular policy perspective, but she is not a liar. 
Saying "not to my knowledge" is NOT the same thing as Trump's endless string of lies. 

For any proponent of Clinton use that language is wildly irresponsible, and just dumb.  It furthers a false understanding, an understanding that is used against Clinton as a cudgel daily.  It's the #1 reason why normally sane people won't or don't want to vote for her.

Yikes.

First, I didn't know that  Joy pinched that from Louis CK. Bummer  - without giving him credit.

Second, I only focused on the "Who can fly the plane part" bc that's what I care about

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I hate that.  I hate that so much.  It is NOT a given that Hillary Clinton's defining characteristic is lying.  She is demonstrably proven to not be a liar.  She may have been mistaken at times in public, she may have intentionally nuanced a now-unpopular policy perspective, but she is not a liar. 

Good piece from The New Republic: The Truth About Hillary Clinton

She's honest and trustworthy. Donald Trump is not. That voters believe otherwise is a triumph of branding over facts.

I think that about sums it up in a nutshell.

Another piece from The New Republic that nailed it: Shame on Us, the American Media

The press blew this election, with potentially horrifying consequences.

Couldn't agree more.  Unfortunately, I'm not convinced things will be any different next time there's an election or a Trump figure around.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

The Hill Tweeted that Rush Limbaugh said George W. (Bush 43) & Laura Bush voted for Hillary today.

I've thought Laura Bush would have voted for Hillary even if she wasn't against Trump.  Now that GWB is out of the White House and she's allowed to express her own opinions, it turns out she's kind of cool.  She's very pro-choice, and actually tried to talk him out of making opposition to gay marriage a centerpiece of his campaign in 2004.

32 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Oh, yeah.  

There's supposedly exit polling data coming soon.  Buckle up.

• Love 1

Also, can't believe that one of the top 5 searched questions on Hillary is, "Is Hillary Clinton a Republican?".  Seriously?  I despair for people at times.   No wonder some can still be undecided if that's their level of knowledge.   Then again, people in the UK for searching for something like "What is Brexit?" or "What is the EU?" or something ridiculous on the eve of the Brexit vote.   Sometimes I really think people have gotten dumber in spite of the internet. 

• Love 7

You know what I seriously want?  The whole playlist from Hillary's rallies.  There are soooo many good songs in it - I'd pay money to the campaign just for the list.  I mean Wake Up is in there, Kiss by Prince, and on and on, the campaign (or Hillary) seem to really like R&B and Funk.

ETA: Robby Mook seems very very happy and confident.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3

This is bizarre, interesting and a little crazy but these people were all in line in an upstate New York cemetery

mount-hope-susan-b.jpg

To do this.... place their 'I Voted' sticker on the tombstone of Susan B. Anthony

susan b.jpg

For me, this plus the lines stretching for blocks in Manhattan with people waiting to enter the Jacob Javits Center where Hillary will be tonight says it all.  I'm very confident but the first polls close in 23 minutes....

hillaryHillary-Clinton-s-presidential-seal-365x365.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, NextIteration said:

This is true of coal as well.

3500.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Symbolism not overlooked, it's a glass ceiling

26 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Also, can't believe that one of the top 5 searched questions on Hillary is, "Is Hillary Clinton a Republican?".  Seriously?  I despair for people at times.   No wonder some can still be undecided if that's their level of knowledge.   Then again, people in the UK for searching for something like "What is Brexit?" or "What is the EU?" or something ridiculous on the eve of the Brexit vote.   Sometimes I really think people have gotten dumber in spite of the internet. 

I've always said, 'you can't cure stupid'

• Love 3

I am so glad the suffragists are remembered and honored. I posted a link to the live feed this morning and have had it on all day. I saw a female WWII fighter pilot pay her respects, and hundreds of other moving stories. I've been moved to tears many times (and baffled that every so often, amid the hearts and thumbs-up icons, there would be angry icons. Who could be angry that people were honoring women who helped women get the vote?)

I have  a friend inside the Javits Center, so I am getting updates. Nothing so far except they're inside a holding room (?). It's going to be a long night and hope all my (our) tears continue to be happy ones. 

• Love 5