Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

It's 12:11 and the very first election results are in. From the 'First in the Nation' to vote, Dixwell Notch, New Hampshire. Exactly 8 votes were pulled from the wooden box and counted. Nine minutes later the results were; Clinton 4 votes, Trump 2 votes, Johnson 1 vote, and a write in vote for Mitt Romney.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, HumblePi said:

It's 12:11 and the very first election results are in. From the 'First in the Nation' to vote, Dixwell Notch, New Hampshire. Exactly 8 votes were pulled from the wooden box and counted. Nine minutes later the results were; Clinton 4 votes, Trump 2 votes, Johnson 1 vote, and a write in vote for Mitt Romney.

I'm always amazed at write in votes. I wonder if there could ever be enough to change an election. 

I've already voted. I'm so scared of my vote not being counted that I'm refraining from changing my address until after the election. 

My husband still has to vote, and because voting is serious to me, I had to make sure that he was with her. He is. Sorry Michael Moore, but he says that he has no problem voting for a woman, and a woman president may prove to be better than a male president. I'm not saying that we would've got a divorce over voting, and/or the election, but there would have been some problems. While I didn't grow up during the struggle for civil rights, I read enough, and heard enough from my elders to where I appreciate the hard work and the lives lost just so that I can vote. 

I never thought that I would see a Black president, and now a female president? I'm going to have wine, and kleenex on hand tomorrow night. I don't think that it will be a long night either. It may be long for those waiting for a concession speech... 

Edited by Lisin
Removed blank quote box
  • Love 11

Sorry to just barge in by I think this fits here better than in the thread I was going to post it:

As a European the reaction to/perception of Hillary this year really surprised me. This was the first time I followed the primaries, so I didn't know what people said about/thought of her when she ran in 2008, but when I heard about her running this year, I totally thought she'd have it in the bag. Everything pop culture taught me about Hillary was that she was pretty much THE female US politician. On Gilmore Girls they have an episode in which Rory has a freak out, because she planned to write her college essay on her and was informed that that was a really unoriginal idea, because basically every girl writes their essay on Hillary. And that seemed completely logical to me, because of course you'd view Hillary Clinton as a role model after everything she accomplished. I always thought she was well respected and liked by the liberal half of the US population at least and I also knew about her history of working across the aisle, so I thought she might also have some Republicans begrudgingly respecting her.

So imagine my surprise when all I read on the internet was that Hillary is one of the most disliked candidates in history, Democrats complaining about what a horrible mistake their party made by choosing her, people amending her slogan to "Guess I'm with her" and most surprisingly tons of liberal people declaring that they've always hated her. I thought the world had turned upside down, because I distinctly remembered Hillary being quite popular as Secretary of State, so I looked up her approval ratings and they seemed to agree with me. But I'm still not sure whether I am/was just terribly misinformed (which I concede is a serious possibility) or whether my impression that this is some "We've always been at war with Eastasia" history rewriting is correct.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Captain Carrot said:

538 has upped Hillary's chance of winning to 70.90%

I hate to be that person but, I can't help but think Nate just fudged his numbers because his polling model was off all year and HuffPo called him out on it.  Now, all of a sudden she's up over 300 EC (she was at 296 yesterday) and today shes' at 71% but yesterday she was at 64%?

So imagine my surprise when all I read on the internet was that Hillary is one of the most disliked candidates in history, Democrats complaining about what a horrible mistake their party made by choosing her, people amending her slogan to "Guess I'm with her" and most surprisingly tons of liberal people declaring that they've always hated her. I thought the world had turned upside down, because I distinctly remembered Hillary being quite popular as Secretary of State, so I looked up her approval ratings and they seemed to agree with me. But I'm still not sure whether I am/was just terribly misinformed (which I concede is a serious possibility) or whether my impression that this is some "We've always been at war with Eastasia" history rewriting is correct.

Nope, she was extremely popular as both a NY State Senator and Secretary of State.  She's always been popular when she's not a threat to the GOP.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I hate to be that person but, I can't help but think Nate just fudged his numbers because his polling model was off all year and HuffPo called him out on it.  Now, all of a sudden she's up over 300 EC (she was at 296 yesterday) and today shes' at 71% but yesterday she was at 64%?

In fairness, she did have a really good run in the final polls.

Just now, starri said:

In fairness, she did have a really good run in the final polls.

Maybe but, I've seen his attitude and those of the posters at his site. Plus all those click-bait article and making up these annoying bullshit articles about how Trump could win (in Bizarro World) every week.  I just don't trust his numbers, especially when his jumps up while all the other sites adjust down slightly. 

• Love 1

Oh, I agree.  I think he's really damaged his credibility this cycle.  Especially with his speaking privately with a bunch of rich Republican donors when I am unaware of him ever doing that the other way.

Maybe stick to sports for a while, buddy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Just got back from voting.  Got there at 6:30 and there were already lines, poll workers said people were already lined up at 6AM.  Always nice to see a good turn out.

I had a similar experience, was there at 6:45, the lines were all the way down the block and around the back of the school.    I've never seen anything like it, even in 08 there were only 10 people ahead of me.  It moved quickly though, i was out of there by 7:21 and am now at work. 

• Love 4

There was about 20-25 people in front of me at 5:45 am and I just zipped right through and was out of there by 6:15 am.

Love that they open at 6 in Jersey!

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Didn't Nate predict Trump having approximately 0% chance of winning the Republican nomination?

Yes he did.  He was very off on the Republican Primary which is why I think he was boosting Trump in his Models during the General election.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Note to self: get extra kleenex for tonight.

I hope I need them for the right reason.

As I was walking out after I put my ballot in the counter-thingie, the enormity of what I just did hit me like a ton bricks.

• Love 8

Happy election day everyone! Don't forget to vote! If you are in line when polls close, they have to allow you in to vote.

Just now, starri said:

I hope I need them for the right reason.

As I was walking out after I put my ballot in the counter-thingie, the enormity of what I just did hit me like a ton bricks.

It really hit me when I opened the ballot and filled in the Hillary bubble. I had to just look at it for a moment and take it in.

I walked out feeling like a load had been removed and the sun was brighter and the sky was bluer.

Yes we did!!

(Just now saw "Roar" ad for the first time. Where's my tissue?)

• Love 6

I just want to ask God to please have mercy on the USA once this election is over. I fear that no matter who wins, the US is likely doomed to suffer from either of these two horrible egomaniacs. I want to ask God who else will protect this world from hateful dictators who would be happy to make war and exterminate all kinds of people based on their race?

The USA was originally created by people who were fed up with being persecuted and abused by a kingdom who really cared nothing for human rights.

It seems to me that either one of Clinton or Trump will be far worse than any previous monstrosity the world has ever known. I can't understand how the people in the USA could ever elect either Clinton or Trump to be president when both of them seem to be such horrible, (list of most every terrible adjective in the dictionary).

I surely do feel the free world will be pretty much doomed if either of these two monsters become President.

Oh, Dear Lord. Please save us. Please. Please. Please.

Just now, AliShibaz said:

I surely do feel the free world will be pretty much doomed if either of these two monsters become President.

What exactly is it that Hillary is dooming us to?

• Love 19
1 minute ago, NewDigs said:

It really hit me when I opened the ballot and filled in the Hillary bubble. I had to just look at it for a moment and take it in.

I walked out feeling like a load had been removed and the sun was brighter and the sky was bluer.

Yes we did!!

(Just now saw "Roar" ad for the first time. Where's my tissue?)

My polling place (early voting) was crowded, and you couldn't tell who everyone had voted for, but I swear, with some of us, it showed. I started getting a lump in my throat as I walked toward the building and I saw a woman coming out who was kind of shaking her head and sniffling. Our eyes met and we just beamed at each other. When I saw women who were extra glowy or teary, I was sure they were voting for Hillary.

I just saw "Roar" and got teary and I've seen it before. At this point, it doesn't take much, but Hillary's ads are wonderful. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Thanks. I think I missed most of it Bummer!

You can still watch it on C-SPAN on line.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Nope, she was extremely popular as both a NY State Senator and Secretary of State.  She's always been popular when she's not a threat to the GOP.  

I don't think he did, there have been enough recent polls that with her up more points it's reflecting in the 538 model - aside from his punditry about tRump -  538 was pretty dead to nuts on the primaries.

1 hour ago, muessigkeit said:

But I'm still not sure whether I am/was just terribly misinformed (which I concede is a serious possibility) or whether my impression that this is some "We've always been at war with Eastasia" history rewriting is correct.

Yes there is some of that for certain.

Sheesh, I'm going to end up bawling all day long - watched her vote, cried, the Roar ad came on, cried.  I guess this electing the first woman business is really getting to me.  I have to admit something though and I'm not sure what this says about me - it crossed my mind a couple weeks ago that we were coming up on the one year anniversary of my mother passing away but my brain never did that connect thing - where I thought "oh that's the day before the election".  I don't know if it's because I voted weeks ago or if it's because of all the anxiety but yesterday until my cousin called to check on me, I had completely forgotten that it was the day.  Now that I'm reminded that could add to how emotional I am.  I've been missing my mother and and grandmothers periodically during this experience (the night she became the presumptive nominee, the DNC speeech) because I'd have liked them to be here to witness this.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AliShibaz said:

I just want to ask God to please have mercy on the USA once this election is over. I fear that no matter who wins, the US is likely doomed to suffer from either of these two horrible egomaniacs. I want to ask God who else will protect this world from hateful dictators who would be happy to make war and exterminate all kinds of people based on their race?

The USA was originally created by people who were fed up with being persecuted and abused by a kingdom who really cared nothing for human rights.

It seems to me that either one of Clinton or Trump will be far worse than any previous monstrosity the world has ever known. I can't understand how the people in the USA could ever elect either Clinton or Trump to be president when both of them seem to be such horrible, (list of most every terrible adjective in the dictionary).

This country is pretty good at turning lemons into lemonade. I don't like being negative and right now it's too late anyway, the dye is cast. The country will rebound and move forward no matter who's the President. The only detractors that will put roadblocks and obstacles in our way are negative people that want to oppress or change the focus into negativity. The people in the United States are privileged to be able to have their voices heard without someone hanging or shooting us for our opinions as it happens in other countries that are not democracies.

So, we're good, we'll be fine no matter which candidate wins. Don't worry about us, worry about what's going on in your part of the world instead and work towards making it better.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, HumblePi said:

They must have some interesting town council meetings there.

2 hours ago, muessigkeit said:

On Gilmore Girls they have an episode in which Rory has a freak out, because she planned to write her college essay on her and was informed that that was a really unoriginal idea, because basically every girl writes their essay on Hillary. 

I have been having Gilmore Girls on in the background, in preparation for their Netflix return.  Had an episode on recently that originally aired in November, 2001.  Sooki and Lorelai are hoping to get property to open their own inn and Lorelai opens an envelope containing the results of the title search - 

Lorelai: Guess who owns it 

Sooki: As long as it isn't that bastard, Donald Trump. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, needschocolate said:

They must have some interesting town council meetings there.

I have been having Gilmore Girls on in the background, in preparation for their Netflix return.  Had an episode on recently that originally aired in November, 2001.  Sooki and Lorelai are hoping to get property to open their own inn and Lorelai opens an envelope containing the results of the title search - 

Lorelai: Guess who owns it 

Sooki: As long as it isn't that bastard, Donald Trump. 

Yass Sooki!

We all have a lot of reasons to be happy today even before the election results are called. Here's my list;

No more dumb memes, gifs and videos of Trump dressed as the 'clown from Hell' with a twisted up face or his hair blowing sideways in the wind. No more memes, gifs and videos of Hillary Clinton collapsing with pneumonia or looking tired and old or angry and ugly.

No more disrupting robo-calls on the telephone and masses of political junk emails in my inbox.

No more political signs on lawns and bumper stickers on cars

No more scenes of hysterical crowds at rallies shouting 'Lock her up!' and 'Jail her'.

No more people being punched in the face at a rally or taken down to the ground by an angry mob and kicked in the nuts.

No more reporters outside of Trump Tower holding a microphone as NY tourists smile, wave and make funny faces behind the reporter.

No more "and tell them that they can go f**k themselves" on television or little children with the bright glare of TV with sad eyes watching it.

No more funny hats, rubber masks, and American flag t-shirts.

No more special forces in full riot gear standing guard over a rally.

No more video of Melania and Donald regally descending the escalator in Trump Tower.

No more ridiculous conspiracy theories that Hillary had a microphone in her ear during a debate, or a wire threaded down the back of the leg of her pantsuit suggesting a wired bug, no more scandals that she's really a lesbian. no more beating her up because her husband cheated on her.

No more Donald Trump's hand and finger gestures as he speaks at his rallies.

No more holding my breath dreading that Donald Trump might just make sense for more than 10 minutes and attract at least a few sane people who haven't been convinced he's out of his mind.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

No more Donald Trump's hand and finger gestures as he speaks at his rallies.

I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to the absence of this more than anything else. It is like a visual nails on a chalkboard.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

We all have a lot of reasons to be happy today even before the election results are called. Here's my list;

May I add:  The news may finally cover something else for a few minutes before they start speculating on the 2020 race.

The DAPL, for starters.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Rilla-my-Rilla said:

I'm from Milwaukee. The last place I lived was Bay View. But alas, last year I moved to a state farther inland and more isolated ( and more red) for a job. Meh.
I expect I'll be back sooner rather than later.

Love Bay View, spend lots of time there. Hope your back soon. I can't imagine living in a very red area. I grew up in Waukesha County; that was bad enough.

On-topic: Though I was initially a Bernie supporter, and not thrilled over Hillary, I will vote for her after work. The thought of a Trump presidency fills me with such dread. And I need to vote for Russ Feingold.

• Love 2

HumblePi,

I can certainly appreciate the sentiments of your opinion.

I would ask you to try and cast your mind back to the mid 60s. I don't know if you were alive during that time. But, there was a wave of feeling back then known as "Beatlemania" and it described the feeling that many people had in appreciation of the music of The Beatles. There was also another phenomenon prevelant in Canada called "Trudeamania". Any chance you may have remembered that?

What does that have to do with today's US election? Well, our current Prime Minister is the son of a politician named Trudeau who was Prime Minister back then and he was the center of this feeling called "Trudeaumania".

My opinion is definitely in the minority here. But I think much of the reason our current PM was elected was because:

1) He is the son of the PM back in the 60s who was mighty popular - especially with the female voters. Many of them seemed to have serious romantic interests in him.

2) He is said to be an extremely attractive man and some people claim the reason he was elected had much to do with the fact that many female voters voted for him - largely because of his looks.

My opinion is that our current PM is a real "flake". I know that opinion is definitely in the minority here. But, I can't see anything he has done since he came into office that would improve the fortunes of our country.

I really don't want to get into a debate with anyone here as to the pros and cons of either or both of your current Presidential hopefuls. But from what I've seen in the news, they both strike me as terrible candidates as well as terrible people. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any US presidents since JFK that I would describe as truly "presidential" in nature. I really don't think that I'm sufficiently well informed to offer any good opinions about the nature of your presidents since JFK. But I would very much like to provide you with a link here to a PBS documenary that described both candidates. If you have not yet seen this, I would just like to say that I found it truly horrifying.

The program was Frontline "The Choice" Sept. 27, 2016. I would very much like to hear any of your opinions about the facts presented in this program. The producers seemed to offer the opinion that both candidates are either crazy or just big liars and if they run the nation like they have run their personal lives, we can all expect a huge disaster.

As far as Canadians having any interest or opinion in the US election. It is often said that when the USA sneezes, Canada gets a cold. It is very rare that any one country is so dependant on the actions of another that events considered to be "minor" in one country produces "major" effects in the other. For that reason, I believe that most Canadians really need to take a serious interest in events that occur in America - especially US presidential elections. Here is a link to that Frontline documentary: I hope you enjoy it.

http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/forum/jlc-online-peer-to-peer-forums/business-strategies/39738-when-the-us-sneezes-canada-catches-a-cold

25 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

Do me a favor.  Post your exact message in its entirety on a pro-Trump forum and see the difference in response from the one you get here. 

I didn't post that. It was a quote from the original poster, 'ALISHBAZ'

I'm innocent, really. LOL

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Queena said:

I'm always amazed at write in votes. I wonder if there could ever be enough to change an election. 

I don't remember the details but, one of the current Alaska senators lost the primary to a Tea Party candidate and then won the seat via write in vote.  I don't think it would ever have an effect on the Presidency but it can happen on a state level.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, AliShibaz said:

HumblePi,

I can certainly appreciate the sentiments of your opinion.

I would ask you to try and cast your mind back to the mid 60s. I don't know if you were alive during that time. But, there was a wave of feeling back then known as "Beatlemania" and it described the feeling that many people had in appreciation of the music of The Beatles. There was also another phenomenon prevelant in Canada called "Trudeamania". Any chance you may have remembered that?

What does that have to do with today's US election? Well, our current Prime Minister is the son of a politician named Trudeau who was Prime Minister back then and he was the center of this feeling called "Trudeaumania".

My opinion is definitely in the minority here. But I think much of the reason our current PM was elected was because:

1) He is the son of the PM back in the 60s who was mighty popular - especially with the female voters. Many of them seemed to have serious romantic interests in him.

2) He is said to be an extremely attractive man and some people claim the reason he was elected had much to do with the fact that many female voters voted for him - largely because of his looks.

My opinion is that our current PM is a real "flake". I know that opinion is definitely in the minority here. But, I can't see anything he has done since he came into office that would improve the fortunes of our country.

I really don't want to get into a debate with anyone here as to the pros and cons of either or both of your current Presidential hopefuls. But from what I've seen in the news, they both strike me as terrible candidates as well as terrible people. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any US presidents since JFK that I would describe as truly "presidential" in nature. I really don't think that I'm sufficiently well informed to offer any good opinions about the nature of your presidents since JFK. But I would very much like to provide you with a link here to a PBS documenary that described both candidates. If you have not yet seen this, I would just like to say that I found it truly horrifying.

The program was Frontline "The Choice" Sept. 27, 2016. I would very much like to hear any of your opinions about the facts presented in this program. The producers seemed to offer the opinion that both candidates are either crazy or just big liars and if they run the nation like they have run their personal lives, we can all expect a huge disaster.

As far as Canadians having any interest or opinion in the US election. It is often said that when the USA sneezes, Canada gets a cold. It is very rare that any one country is so dependant on the actions of another that events considered to be "minor" in one country produces "major" effects in the other. For that reason, I believe that most Canadians really need to take a serious interest in events that occur in America - especially US presidential elections. Here is a link to that Frontline documentary: I hope you enjoy it.

http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/forum/jlc-online-peer-to-peer-forums/business-strategies/39738-when-the-us-sneezes-canada-catches-a-cold

Yes I remember the 60's very clearly, but wasn't the political activist I am today, I was too young back then to give a crap about politics. I didn't know or care anything about Canada's politics either frankly. I only know about Pierre Trudeau's son Justin because I saw him on TV one day and thought he was hot. Other than his hotness I don't know a thing about Justin Trudeau.  I watched the Beatles first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show and also that of Elvis Presley. The camera wouldn't even show him from the waist down because his gyrations were too suggestive or provocative. Funny old bugaboos back then.

As you can see, I don't get involved in the politics that don't concern me or my country. I have been active in knowing all I can about each of our candidates for the past two years, so I'm not exactly an impulse voter. My days of debate and discussion about the pros and cons of each candidate ended officially an hour ago when I voted.

I meant to add 'ALISHIBAZ' that if Donald Trump wins the election today that I'll make a trade with you, Justin Trudeau for Donald Trump.  Deal?

Edited by HumblePi
adding an afterthough
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I don't remember the details but, one of the current Alaska senators lost the primary to a Tea Party candidate and then won the seat via write in vote.  I don't think it would ever have an effect on the Presidency but it can happen on a state level.

That would be Lisa Murkowski.  She's probably the most reasonable member of the Senate GOP caucus.

It's also remarkable because she won as a write-in and her name is Murkowski.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, HumblePi said:
1 hour ago, backgroundnoise said:

Do me a favor.  Post your exact message in its entirety on a pro-Trump forum and see the difference in response from the one you get here. 

I didn't post that. It was a quote from the original poster, 'ALISHBAZ'

I just realized that.  I sincerely apologize and have deleted the contents of my original post.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Watching the Philly rally, I never realized how...short Hillary is! Everyone towers over her!

Loved Michelle's speech, Bill's...OBAMA's! And Hillary's!

And ooh....shallow alert Robby!!!!

Hillary isn't really short, she's pretty average height at 5'5" tall, it's just that Michelle Obama is 5'11" and Barack is 6'1", Bill is 6'2" and Chelsea is 5'9". And yes, Barack Obama's speech was awesome but I've never heard him give any speech that wasn't no matter what the topic was.

7 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

I just realized that.  I sincerely apologize and have deleted the contents of my original post.

hey! not a problem :)

• Love 4

Michelle made me tear up so much last night that I popped a contact.  Not just anyone can do that.  I will miss her.  I can't get behind the idea of her marrying Hillary, though, because I need to have Bill as my FLOTUS.

That woman who said, "Not your fault!" is my hero.  And I LOVED Hillary's reaction, the way she stopped talking with that small smile.  I used that memory several times overnight to tamp down my anxiety.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, HumblePi said:

That's Dixville Notch, NH, not Dixwell.

I literally held my nose and voted for her today, only because I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do my part to ensure that Trump doesn't win.  I was looking forward to the first female President, just not this female.  I cannot stand the sight of her.  But if, by chance, she should lose, at least I can sleep tonight, knowing I did my part.  I feel better having gotten this off my chest.  Off to get a drink now.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Morrigan2575: With all due respect, Hillary was a US Senator representing the State of New York. To call her a New York State Senator means she represents within the state, at its capital in Albany.

1 minute ago, BW Manilowe said:

Morrigan2575: With all due respect, Hillary was a US Senator representing the State of New York. To call her a New York State Senator means she represents within the state, at its capital in Albany.

You are correct, my mistake

• Love 1

What is it about Hillary Clinton that makes me think she'll be a great President? For me, it comes down to  what I call "the 3 Gs": grit, grace and gravitas. Working backwards, Hillary is much more qualified than Trump on numerous levels. Trump may have made his bones as a businessman-with a little help from Dear Old Dad and eventually, Russia-but running a company isn't the same as running a country. A CEO answers to their stockholders, which is a much smaller amount than the population of the USA. What Hillary understands and Trump doesn't is that she'll be the President of all the people, including those who didn't vote for her; Trump, otoh, thinks that his base alone is the only one that matters, hence his perpetual pandering to them. America is much more than just a bunch of Bible-thumping bullies. A great President must be able to appeal to all kinds of people, not just a few.  I'm tired of all those TV interviews with voters who aren't "in love" with Hillary. Last time I checked, Hillary was running for President, not First Lady. I don't want to be "i love" with my president- I want to trust them, I want to believe them and I want to respect them and while Hillary's not "perfect" by any means, she has my trust, my faith and my respect in ways that Trump never will. Next, grit and grace. If ever a Presidential candidate  has personified grace under pressure, it's Hillary Clinton. The more Hillary's enemies have tried to destroy her, the stronger she gets. When Bill's extramarital affairs were revealed, Hillary was strong. When Bill's cheating with Monica Lewinsky-titanically stupid as it was-went public, Hillary was strong. When Hillary ran for Senate when the odds were against her, she was not only strong, she won. When Hillary testified before the Benghazi Committee for 11 hours, she was strong. When Trump invited Bill's accusers to the second Presidential debate, she was strong. When Hillary had a dizzy spell on 9/11 and Trump questioned her stamina, it backfired when she not only endured the Presidential debates, she kicked his ass at every single one of them. The sexism that Hillary has suffered for most of her life would destroy much weaker women, but not her. Hillary's not the one who's constantly whining about how the world is "rigged" against her, unlike her opponent. 

Re the email "scandal" that isn't, none of this is making FBI Director James Comey look good-and it's not doing the FBI any favors, either. Comey put Hillary through 9 days of Hell when he didn't have to. Worse, the FBI has more leaks than a diaper made of chain mail, some of whom have been snitching Rudy Giuliani, who's been doing some snitching of his own to Fox news. That none of it was actually true is besides the point to Rudy. As long as that gargoyle thinks that he's helping Trump, which he's definitely not, caring about the truth isn't an option. If/when Hillary's elected, there should be a swift housecleaning of the FBI ASAP so that a clusterfuck like this never happens again. Then there's the other right-wing morons like Rep. Jason Chaffetz, who are salivating at the thought of causing gridlock/investigating Hillary every chance they get. They don't care about justice; it's all about vengeance.  However, I won't let that happen because I voted for Hillary and if she gets the congress she wants, that should stop the Republicans dead in their tracks, or at least slow them down. As a proud resident of Viriginia, the home of (Heaven willing) our next VP Tim Kaine, I'm using my vote not only to help Hillary, but to make that orange-tinged asshole's life as miserable as possible. Trump shouldn't just lose-he should be, to quote Clueless, "brutally rebuffed." 

ETA that there are no "hidden contents" in the box; that was just a software glitch. 

• Love 20

2) He is said to be an extremely attractive man and some people claim the reason he was elected had much to do with the fact that many female voters voted for him - largely because of his looks..

Trudeaumania? Are you entirely serious??? This is a joke, right? I don't even know where to begin with this....

People voted Liberal because Stephen Harper and the Conservatives had been in power forever and people were very unhappy with the direction the country was taking. The NDP under Tom Mulcair's leadership was a joke, that alone left Liberal the only choice. And as you should know, Canadians don't actually vote specifically for Prime Minister, we vote for the MP in our riding.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the Hillary thread with this nonsense. We've lost our critical thinking skills, people can't seem to find responsible sources and repeat Facebook posts as news and facts. She's not a criminal. "I just don't like her", isn't a valid reason not to vote for her in an important election like this. 

• Love 21