Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

29 minutes ago, backformore said:

how strange that Trump is being applauded for staying on message for a few days.  It only means they finally drummed into his head that he needs to read the speech as written, and not veer too far off topic. 

So, they think that he can function as PRESIDENT without someone holding his hand and reminding him to stay on topic? 

Strange and pathetic, as it shows how little regard his keepers have for the rest of us.  I realize that this election has been like a bread-and-circus fest where voters are expected to be entertained instead of informed.  But how lacking in regarding Kellyanne, etc. must be for the American public where we are so dumbed down that we will happily accept someone who can't "stay on message" or be trusted to manage his own social media account.  In addition, we're supposed to forget all the other horrible things he's already said and posted.

• Love 4

I'm waiting to vote tomorrow.  It just now occurred to me, that for the most part, even the local races, the people getting my vote -  are women. 

ANd I'm not voting for them because of their gender.  (Tammy Duckworth rocks!)  But because they are all truly the best people for the jobs they are running for.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Padma said:

Can you imagine if the temperaments were reversed? If Trump were the calm, collected, focused one and Hillary was out there screaming to the crowds, lying about her opponent, then tweeting insults to reporters, celebrities, other politicians in her own party, and anyone who criticizes her?

It's almost funny to think of. Because there's no way that she would be anything other than a national laughingstock (and people would be talking about her needing an intervention, she was so unhinged). Not sure what "Trump Teflon" is, but its truly amazing that he's at 40+ percent!  You'd think, the way he acts, it would be more like 80/10.

No, people would be saying that it's because she's a woman & it must be that time of the month.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, GaT said:

No, people would be saying that it's because she's a woman & it must be that time of the month.

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever..."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. If you're stopped for speeding and you make any movements that look like you're trying to hide something, you can expect the cop to assume the worst. Same principle for what Clinton did, except that politicians have a terrible reputation as a group, so it's even more plausible that she's guilty of "something". It doesn't help that she hasn't been able to find that "high road" Michelle Obama told her about.

I think she's done a pretty damn good job of sticking to the high road. At some point she had to fight back against some of the stuff he keeps throwing at her.  She couldn't ignore it all. If I were in her shoes, I'd have exploded all over the place and probably made myself look just as crazy as he made himself look. In my opinion, she's been high road all the way. This morning KellyAnne Conway said Hillary had run the most negative campaign she'd ever seen, and my head started to pound because we are obviously not watching the same campaigns.

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 16

This is over in the Trump thread, but I'm bringing it over here for all the Hillary (& Obama, for that matter) supporters who won't go to the Trump thread to see. Everyone should see it.

It's about a young boy, a wheelchair user with Cerebral Palsy, & his family who were kicked out of a Florida Trump rally, the young boy having his wheelchair kicked by Trump supporters, who then attended, with his family, a Hillary rally elsewhere in Florida where they were treated with nothing but respect & even got to meet President Obama (1 of the boy's heroes, along with Hillary), who was speaking on Hillary's behalf at the rally.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_581ffb8de4b0aac62485438c

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I think she's done a pretty damn good job of sticking to the high road. At some point she had to fight back against some of the stuff he keeps throwing at her.  She couldn't ignore it all. If I were in her shoes, I'd have exploded all over the place and probably made myself look just as crazy as he made himself look. In my opinion, she's been high road all the way. This morning KellyAnne Conway said Hillary had run the most negative campaign she'd ever seen, and my head started to pound because we are obviously not watching the same campaigns.

Exactly, I just love it when Hillary is compared equally to Trump in terms of how low this campaign has gotten, please, the false equivalents.  

I've only seen two journalist check some of these surrogates when they make these false equivalents.

• Love 15

Apparently there is a push for women who are voting for Hillary to wear white tomorrow (I know someone who even bought a pant suit at the local thrift store).  Is anyone here who still has to vote tomorrow thinking of wearing white?  I am. 

• Love 8

I enjoyed this video from Hillary's campaign, especially the bts shots. Nice, energetic, uplifting note to end on too.

Lol at Huma asking Hillary about her shoes.  Hillary sleeping on Bill's shoulder.  Sam Bee included.  Good choice of footage.

Are there any good twitter accounts to follow for election coverage/Hillary coverage?  Welcome all recs. 

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Exactly, I just love it when Hillary is compared equally to Trump in terms of how low this campaign has gotten, please, the false equivalents.  

I've only seen two journalist check some of these surrogates when they make these false equivalents.

The only journalists I can think of who do this regularly are Rachel Maddow and Joy Reid.  Chris Hayes does a really good job, too, and he's damned polite about it.  

I know Rachel uncharacteristically called Kellyanne out for lying to her face a few weeks ago and made it clear that if the Crypt Keeper came on her show again, she was going to let her ass have it.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Apparently there is a push for women who are voting for Hillary to wear white tomorrow (I know someone who even bought a pant suit at the local thrift store).  Is anyone here who still has to vote tomorrow thinking of wearing white?  I am. 

11 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

I enjoyed this video from Hillary's campaign, especially the bts shots. Nice, energetic, uplifting note to end on too.

Lol at Huma asking Hillary about her shoes.  Hillary sleeping on Bill's shoulder.  Sam Bee included.  Good choice of footage.

Are there any good twitter accounts to follow for election coverage/Hillary coverage?  Welcome all recs. 

https://twitter.com/hashtag/election2016

22 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Great video, thanks for the link

• Love 2

I actually have a pin (its pretty damn big) a friend made me that has a digital display.  Here is the image she uploaded to it (its from an online gif she found somewhere):

0f0e971437.gif

Edited by tenativelyyours
in reference to what I am wearing tomorrow
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Thanks for the information.  I will definitely make sure that I'm in all white tomorrow.

• Love 1

I'd really be interested in what State everyone lives in. Just a suggestion but it would be fun watching the results for each State beginning to roll in or any interesting stories someone might have about their voting experience.  All voluntary of course.

I'm in Connecticut

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, HumblePi said:

I'd really be interested in what State everyone lives in. Just a suggestion but it would be fun watching the results for each State beginning to roll in or any interesting stories someone might have about their voting experience.  All voluntary of course.

I'm in Connecticut

I'm in Maryland.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I'm in Connecticut

Illinois.  Hillary's got Illinois, no matter what. 

• Love 4

I'm in Illinois as well, so there will be nothing interesting to report from my sector. We'll go blue. We always do.  I don't even know how we ended up with a Republican governor, except that everyone thought Quinn was kind of useless.

• Love 6
Just now, Pixel said:

I'm in Illinois as well, so there will be nothing interesting to report from my sector. We'll go blue. We always do.  I don't even know how we ended up with a Republican governor, except that everyone thought Quinn was kind of useless.

I keep asking myself how we ended up with a Republican governor.  Then I remember who the Dems nominated... 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Illinois.  Hillary's got Illinois, no matter what. 

I'm embarrassed to say it but my State of Ct. is usually a Republican State and I see plenty of Trump signs on the lawns around here. Luckily, Connecticut is of little importance in the electoral votes.

Brooklyn, NY, home of Clinton HQ.

Okay, I'm writing these words and I'm terrified that I'm doing it, but...

I've watched the way the media narrative has shifted over the last 24 hours. I've watched the way the campaigns have been acting.  I've looked at Twitter and Facebook.  And I realized something that I hadn't allowed myself to think.

She's going to win.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I keep asking myself how we ended up with a Republican governor.  Then I remember who the Dems nominated... 

The US is going to keep having GOP governors and GOP control of the House until Democrats realise that it's just as important to vote in midterms as it is in presidential elections.

Imagine if Clinton wins in a landslide, and the GOP self destruct even more in the fallout, fighting amongst themselves, stabbing each other in the backs. Some of them turning to the far right, some of them trying to be more moderate, no one being on message. And then they still keep the House in 2018 because of low voter turnouts.

This is an unprecedented time in American history where one party may have the opportunity to establish complete dominance for a generation or more, if they can only get people out to vote. The GOP base is shrinking by the year.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 9

South Carolina.  Nothing to see here.

Keep in mind that at voting locations, it can be construed as intimidation or illegal in some manner if your dress or behavior is judged as being intimidating, influential, etc... This is the kind of nonsense that could potentially, maybe, possibly, not likely cause results to be disputed.  While all-white is benign enough, remember that the bottom line is you vote, and that's really all that matters.  That's the statement to make.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

South Carolina.  Nothing to see here.

Keep in mind that at voting locations, it can be construed as intimidation or illegal in some manner if your dress or behavior is judged as being intimidating, influential, etc... This is the kind of nonsense that could potentially, maybe, possibly, not likely cause results to be disputed.  While all-white is benign enough, remember that the bottom line is you vote, and that's really all that matters.  That's the statement to make.

Good.  that means we won't have to see the "Trump that bitch"  and "Hillary for Prison"  t-shirts.

• Love 3

I'm Alabama born (loved it) ; lived in Chicago )loved it)  and Minneapolis (loved it!) and now landed in Kentucky trying to get used to it and love it, so far so good ) with my finally (after some bad choices)  awesome fiancé. Sorry for all the ( )

• Love 7

ANd for what it's worth I have family members from many races and religions. Im a white middle aged educated chick if that matters.

Edit to add (and I'll go to small talk for more in depth stories) but as an Alabama child AS A CHILD I saw the racism especially in the rural areas. It scared me as a three year old and still does. Not knocking my home state, ok maybe I am  -  but there were some pretty terrible things that happened there.

Now off to small talk.   ...

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6
Just now, Bookish Jen said:

Cool. You're going to have a busy day tomorrow. I hope you treat yourself to a nice day at the spa once it's over.

Ha, yeah, we got a taste of it with really high turnout in April. My plans for Wednesday involve nothing but the TV and cat. :)

• Love 5
Just now, Sweets McGee said:

Ha, yeah, we got a taste of it with really high turnout in April. My plans for Wednesday involve nothing but the TV and cat. :)

Sounds good. We had a good turnout in April, too. I'm voting after work and I hope the lines aren't too long. The longest I had to wait was 45 minutes in 2008.

Just now, Danny Franks said:

The US is going to keep having GOP governers and GOP control of the House until Democrats realise that it's just as important to vote in midterms as it is in presidential elections.

Imagine if Clinton wins in a landslide, and the GOP self destruct even more in the fallout, fighting amongst themselves, stabbing each other in the backs. Some of them turning to the far right, some of them trying to be more moderate, no one being on message. And then they still keep the House in 2018 because of low voter turnouts.

This is an unprecedented time in American history where one party may have the opportunity to establish complete dominance for a generation or more, if they can only get people out to vote. The GOP base is shrinking by the year.

Yeah, this is something that Democrats do not do a good job with no matter how hard it stares them in the face.  And punches them in the crotch almost every midterm.

I'm a metro NYC voter but plan on quickly going to the family home in PA tomorrow to hole up and guzzle my fears away.

And PA is one of those states that are odd.  Toomey is not someone the state should have elected in the first place and I'm not sure McGinty can beat him.  Because PA democrats are an odd breed from what I have seen -- it plays into the narrative that PA is toss up even though I suspect in a general election like this not as much as the media wants for ratings interest.  But PA has some really, imo, crappy Democrats that move on the state to national level.  Even Casey is not exactly my cup of tea since I think in a different climate he would be the type to go blue dog on abortion issues (women should spit on his father's grave as far as my PA living relatives are concerned).  Toomey's opponent the first election was too slight a figure. While McGinty actually suffers from some of the same perceptions that Hillary Clinton does.  Its hard to be a progressive in that type of state and still be willing to play big money.  Never mind the kind of big money the opponent has and does and will play.  But a lot of people I know seem to be voting McGinty in spite of her not because of her.  And in PA that usually does not bode well.  Though it did get Corbett out, so I can hope. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

Good.  that means we won't have to see the "Drumpf that bitch"  and "Hillary for Prison"  t-shirts.

I think you'll see some. Because Trump's idiot supporters won't know they can't wear partisan clothing (I think he's even talked about them going to vote in his hats and t-shirts), and then they'll get angry when they're told they can't vote.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Which would prove they know nothing about female biology because HRC at 68, is most definitely post-menopausal and thus not subject to hormonal swings.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I'm in Connecticut

Illinois

24 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I'd have taken Blagojevich back over either Rauner or Quinn.  (But, gun to my head, I voted Quinn.  Rauner had the stink of Koch brothers all over him.) 

13 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Wisconsin

We were just up there over the weekend, and I saw way too many Trump/Pence signs for my comfort, along with non-stop Trump ads whenever I watched TV.  Is it just the area I was in?  

• Love 3