Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/17/2016 at 10:50 AM, Stinamaia said:

I've worked in the child welfare system, and have seen this scenario before.  The family worries about the child and though they don't want to assist the parent, they do want to ensure the child is safe and healthy. So they face some really tough choices, and imo, they most times are reduced to making case by case choices.  E.g. "Ok, Nicole clearly is not going to buy new shoes and May's feet are hurting, so I will buy shoes."  I think we can't rule out a form of mental illness or personality disorder which sometimes are more easily overlooked in a young person but become clearer with time.  Whatever the case, it's difficult even when the dysfunctional family member doesn't have a child, and much harder when there is a small child.

The way the situation looks to me is that Nicole and Azem (is that right?) have an on line relationship only and are nowhere near getting a k-1 visa.  She doesn't have to be in Morroco for 5 weeks to establish a relationship.  To me, that appears to be a production shooting schedule.  Production knows that this couple can't possibly get a visa and have a wedding on the show's schedule, so they are going to shoot most of the footage in Morrocco. Also they probably know it won't work out.  A bit exploitive, huh?  Probably the only good Nicole's family sees from this mess is that Nicole will get some money.  But that will mess up her assistance which is probably aid to dependent children.  Few adults without children get assistance anymore.`

No, but if they do make it (which I doubt but nothing's impossible) well, they won;t have to look too, too far for a season 5 couple. Chapeau TLC. Brilliant LOL!

• Love 1

I'm really, really hoping that we haven't yet seen the Catfish Lady because Nicole's story totally fails halfway through the season and Catfish Lady picks up there. (Not a spoiler - just pure speculation and extreme wishful thinking that Nicole goes home alone and never goes looking for men online ever again, in Texas or Morocco or anywhere else!)

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I had hoped Nicole would spare me the ugly American routine, but no.  The man toughed it out and had sex with her ( and by the look on his face it was a struggle) and she can't even try the zucchini?  It's never a good look for the big girl sto say she doesn't eat vegetables and only like French fries and hot dogs.

And says she's a picky eater to boot!

Literally my mouth was watering at the sight of a real tangine. Nicole has fries and sprite. SMH

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 23

Nicole needs to stop with the “I am a picky eater.”  She looks like she eats any and everything that is put in front of her, except vegetables.  Something about that raid was fishy.  I wouldn’t be surprise if the producers called the authority and reported that the manager rented a room to an unmarried couple. 

I feel for Alla.  She has only been in the country for 24 hours and has already been subjected to two family dinners/interrogations, and is also being followed by a camera crew.  She is most likely exhausted.  I can understand why she had a meltdown.   

• Love 19

Nicole girl you are stupid and childish. I’m starting to feel sorry for Azan – he doesn’t know how much crazy he’s got on his hands.  He’s looking for a girl that’s the opposite of Nicole. He's looking for someone who wants to try new things, wants to exercise (let’s be honest) and is willing to adapt to her surroundings when in a different culture. WTF is he doing with Nicole? I wish I knew how the heck she presented herself to him to convince him that they are compatible. 

Matt and Alla. The girl has been there what 24 hours? Matt’s family is super over protective of a 40 year old goober.  Dude if you have had 3 divorces. Maybe marriage isn’t for you.

Afasia doesn’t care if people think she’s a gold digger. Jorge is another whole case of stupid. I agree with previous posters though. She’s isn’t all that to look at.  She just wants fame, money, the “American dream”.

Chantel and Pedro. Don’t care.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Nicole girl you are stupid and childish. I’m starting to feel sorry for Azan – he doesn’t know how much crazy he’s got on his hands.  He’s looking for a girl that’s the opposite of Nicole. He's looking for someone who wants to try new things, wants to exercise (let’s be honest) and is willing to adapt to her surroundings when in a different culture. WTF is he doing with Nicole? I wish I knew how the heck she presented herself to him to convince him that they are compatible.

He also said he's looking for a girl who likes to cook healthy foods. Hate to break it to him, but Nicole looks she likes food one way - fried. 

• Love 22

Either the producers were encouraging Matt in his ineptitude or he is the most obtuse idiot this side of the Mississippi. On top of the two family dinners right after a 24 hour flight, dude has no food in the house. He knows there's a little kid coming, you can even go out and get some basics like eggs, milk and bread ? What a dork. Then when you family starts giving your fiance the interrogation and you can see she is getting overwhelmed you just sip your beer. His helicopter family needs to back off. Run alla run!

Anfisa is the victim of bad plastic surgery. Jorge is an idiot. I am loving that she is using him. 

The Chantal Pedro story is just dumb.

Oh Nicole girl, you need some foundational help. It's amazing what a well fitting supportive bra can do for ones appearance. And it's pretty obvious she did no research about morocco. Azan just want that green card really bad. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 17

So it turns out the thing that's most mindblowing about Nicole and Azan's relationship isn't that he's superfit and she's obese, it's that he's an adult and she is mindblowingly immature. I really thought she was going to throw herself on the ground and have a fullblown tantrum when he didn't stop - in the middle of a purchase for her no less - and hug her in the the market.

Her clingyness makes my skin crawl just as much as it did with Mo and Danielle. I've never been into PDA. For those of you who are more demonstrative, is it seriously that hard to keep your hands to yourself? It's like Nicole can't even try. Not even for his sake. She doesn't care that she's embarrassing the hell out of Azan. It's hard to fathom that this girl is a parent, because she seems to think only of herself.

Moving on to Chantel, it has become obvious that everyone in her family is smarter than she is.  Her story has holes big enough to drive a truck through. Pedro speaks so little English, it's a wonder those two were able to communicate enough to convince each other that they are in love. She clearly did not think this through. I don't know her family and even I can tell how pissed off they are going to be when she admits she's been lying to them for months. On television, no less.

As for Matt (first off, who names their kids Matt, Mike, and Mark? Good grief) he just sat there like a lump while his brothers grilled his fiance. He's such a doofus. And why is he carting that kid around every second?

• Love 20

Not sure what Azan thinks he's up to with the low-key fat-shaming. He's acting like Nicole being a fat girl was a big surprise, but we've seen them video chat. There's a difference between flattering angles and meeting IRL, sure, but even if she'd tried to hide it - and it doesn't seem like she did - she couldn't. It's odd to see him openly trade "I love you"s and a fair amount of PDA with her but lay clear groundwork for not being physically attracted to her. Either fake it whole-assed or find a way around it, dude.

Their whole thing hurts my brain to watch, and they're both being stupid. I mean, come on Nicole, google some shit before you sacrifice five weeks of time with your daughter (who is at an age where she could miss a milestone) and understand the basics of your future husband's culture, country, and religion. I did like twenty minutes of googling once for a side character in a project I was writing, and easily stumbled on a treasure trove of "what to expect when you're going to marry a Muslim" sites, some of them government-sponsored, laying out how marriage works in various countries, monogamy vs polygamy, PDA, gender roles within the marriage, attitudes toward birth control, on and on and on. It's insane she wants to marry a man without any basic understanding of where he comes from, and potentially what religious influences I'd be exposing my child to. On the flip side, Azan wasn't really explaining himself throughly to Nicole or the audience (and for Nicole to actually understand it, he'd probably have to beat us over the head with it). How is public lewdness/PDA punished in Morocco, and what are the penalties for shacking up publicly outside of marriage? They needed to stop repeating 'culture' over and over and over again, and get to the point. Had Azan said "I don't want you ending up in a foreign prison for potentially months, and also my family will sever all ties with me permanently if they have evidence on film that I had sex with you" or something like that, specific and blunt, I'd be even more irritated with Nicole if she still blubbered. As it is, I'm not sure I entirely blame her for not understanding...because he knows she didn't look up shit before she traveled over here, and he isn't trying to explain anything.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Nicole is not just desperate, she's so needy! What part of no PDA's do you not understand? Azan has told her repeatedly about what's acceptable in his culture and she keeps on bugging him! Good golly, she's SO annoying!

And spoiled, spoiled, spoiled, spoiled rotten. No wonder she didn't bother to learn anything about Morocco before going there. The world revolves around her and will always do whatever she wants, so there's no reason to learn about anything.

• Love 11

Just echoing the comments upthread that Nicole is a stage five clinger. I thought it was telling during her one-on-one interview when she said that she wanted Azan to hug and kiss her in public "just to show me that he still loves me." That comment just reinforced something we had discussed during the thread for the last episode - which is that she appears to have very low self-esteem and that she measures her self-worth based on whether she has a man. I'd probably have more sympathy for Nicole if she didn't have a child back home (did she even mention May once this episode?) I'll be shocked if these two are still together by the end of the season. 

Chantal and Pedro . . . ugh. Someone needs to tell Chantel that if she's not grown up enough to tell her family the truth about Pedro, she's probably not grown up enough to get married.

Once again, Anfisa was my favorite person on the show. I love that there is zero B.S. with her - she's open about the fact that this is a business arrangement and she's just doing the show because she wants to be famous. Can't hate on her for that. When she was telling Jorge she wants $10,000 a month in a clothing allowance, my first thought was: "get it, girl!"

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Not sure what Azan thinks he's up to with the low-key fat-shaming. He's acting like Nicole being a fat girl was a big surprise, but we've seen them video chat. There's a difference between flattering angles and meeting IRL, sure, but even if she'd tried to hide it - and it doesn't seem like she did - she couldn't. It's odd to see him openly trade "I love you"s and a fair amount of PDA with her but lay clear groundwork for not being physically attracted to her. Either fake it whole-assed or find a way around it, dude.

Their whole thing hurts my brain to watch, and they're both being stupid. I mean, come on Nicole, google some shit before you sacrifice five weeks of time with your daughter (who is at an age where she could miss a milestone) and understand the basics of your future husband's culture, country, and religion. I did like twenty minutes of googling once for a side character in a project I was writing, and easily stumbled on a treasure trove of "what to expect when you're going to marry a Muslim" sites, some of them government-sponsored, laying out how marriage works in various countries, monogamy vs polygamy, PDA, gender roles within the marriage, attitudes toward birth control, on and on and on. It's insane she wants to marry a man without any basic understanding of where he comes from, and potentially what religious influences I'd be exposing my child to. On the flip side, Azan wasn't really explaining himself throughly to Nicole or the audience (and for Nicole to actually understand it, he'd probably have to beat us over the head with it). How is public lewdness/PDA punished in Morocco, and what are the penalties for shacking up publicly outside of marriage? They needed to stop repeating 'culture' over and over and over again, and get to the point. Had Azan said "I don't want you ending up in a foreign prison for potentially months, and also my family will sever all ties with me permanently if they have evidence on film that I had sex with you" or something like that, specific and blunt, I'd be even more irritated with Nicole if she still blubbered. As it is, I'm not sure I entirely blame her for not understanding...because he knows she didn't look up shit before she traveled over here, and he isn't trying to explain anything.

I think even if Azan bluntly said to Nicole: "Look you cannot do anything BUT hold my hand in public or I go to jail and CANNOT marry you." She still would have blubbered, cried and thrown a tantrum because she cannot even side hug him.    But I agree with you in the fact that Azan is either in for the full fake on love for Nicole or not. Like you said, don't half ass it. 

I do enjoy PDA from my guy. But in certain situations we keep it cool to just holding hands. That's what adults do. 

I feel that Nicole has this narrow minded view of the world that many Americans are branded with. That life anywhere outside of the USA is like being in the States.  Reminds me of a story that someone once told me when he was in another country at a MacDonalds no less. The patron asked for free refills because they give free refills in the States.  

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I googled Morocco and public displays of affection and the first site that came up said that PDA is not acceptable. It also says that women should not have bare shoulders in public. They showed Nicole in a tank top next week. Sigh. 

• Love 14

Did you all see Azan's face when Nicole announced to the tv world that they had sex?  I would have laughed if it wasn't so sad.  Nicole is very young in age and in mind.  She seems so desperate.  It's like she is starving for a man to love and to love her back.  Now he has told her he loves her but I don't know how much more of her inconsideration he will be willing to take.  To be honest, imo, I think if she told him she was leaving and never coming back, he would breathe a sigh of relief.  Now I haven't seen the end of this episode.  I was just compelled to come in here and see if the streets were talking the same way I was thinking and it seems we are all pretty much in agreement.  

Azan seems like a nice young man and what this nice young man should do is forget about the green card.  Don't, for the love of all that is holy, use that girl to get to the US.  Say goodbye and call it a day.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, vanillamountain said:

If you see their audition tape, the original pictures she sent him were from the chest-up (to accentuate her chest,) and I'm guessing most of the video chats were like that too. Azan probably thought she was a voluptuous girl but didn't realize that she was a bit pear-shaped standing up. It is also possible that he thought she was more active than she is (where she appeared to be out-of-breath lumbering up the stairs to the restaurant.)

I actually didn't think Azan's comments were that bad in the grand scheme of things. He didn't say she was a cow or that he wanted her to be a size zero - he told Nicole that he would like to exercise with her and eat healthy foods with her. And if you're going to marry someone and spend the rest of your life with them, that's fair enough - ideally, you would want them to be healthy and active so they can live a long life. Unfortunately, Nicole's immediate reaction was: "he's not attracted to me," and to begin pouting like a child.  Sigh.

I don't think his comments were abusively awful, but he specifically said last week (and repeated again this week) that he was surprised to find that "she's big a little bit". Unless she full-on catfished him, there's no way that was in any way a surprise to him. Even if he only ever saw her from the cleave up, and I swear the videochat we saw she was even leaning over the screen, an angle that is no one's friend lol.

I wanted to see a cut of that interview that wasn't so tightly edited. When she said 'you've never mentioned that before', fairly pointedly compared to what we've seen from her personality up until now, I wanted to see what his response was. No relationship, online or IRL, develops past day one without talking about what is attracting you to them, physically and otherwise. My guess is he blew smoke up her ass, possibly presenting himself as a BBW fan, and it would be interesting to see if he had anything to say now that he's hinted to the contrary. Probably he continued staring sadly into space as "hello darkness my old friend" played on a loop in his head, but we'll never know because they played the tense music and cut to something else.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Probably he continued staring sadly into space as "hello darkness my old friend" played on a loop in his head, but we'll never know because they played the tense music and cut to something else.

Oh geez I can't stop laughing.  The fizz from the soda almost choked me and I just missed my iPad Annewithaneee!  Now. I am imagining that song "hello darkness my old friend" playing in his head everytime she grabs at him in public.  

• Love 4

Wow Nicole is pathetic. She has zero interest in learning anything new, trying anything new, etc. Then brags about having sex with someone she just met.  Even though Azan is a scammer, I think he'd fare worse in this relationship.

Pedro and Chantal. Why does she have to marry him? Perhaps she should get a student visa, go over there and study and get her groove on.  They have nothing in common besides sex.

Mark is a jerk. Still think he's into swinger activities.

Jorge moves around because he got robbed. OK. Anfisa wants 10K a month. And wants to be a swim suit model.  Maybe a Frederick's of Hollywood.

• Love 6

"I HATE STAIRS"  Of course you do.  Damn, girl.

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

And my goodness her eyeballing! Geez a loo, she was starting at him as if she'd never seen a man before.  I hate having people that close to my face. If we're making out, cool. Otherwise gimme some damn air.  It was as if she was trying to suck the soul out of him.

Maybe she thinks he tastes like hot dogs and french fries.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

See, I don't see him fat shaming at all.  I don't think he ever saw her whole body until meeting in person (and she doesn't glam up or dress up ever, it appears).  I think he was genuinely surprised that she looks like she did.  As an overweight girl myself, I am usually WAY sensitive to fat shaming, but HE never said she needed to change, SHE said that eating healthier and exercising was him saying he wants to change her.  I mean... he's into to that stuff, so it makes sense he wants her to be into those things, too.

I don't know- you might be right.  He certainly seems to get really nasty really quick in the previews... of course, his freaking LIFE is on the line because she is not respecting the Muslim culture over there.  I'd probably get mean, too.

• Love 18

Watching Nicole and Azan was awkward! He has this sick look on his face on the T.H.'s like WTF did I get myself into. She's very needy and clingy. I'm surprised they had sex. Something wasn't right about that 'raid' on the first place they stayed in. He keeps telling her he loves her but doesn't mean it, it's just to appease her and keep her insecurities at bay. 

Anfisa looks like Octomom, anyone remember her? Anyway, Jorge, you are going to be flat broke when Anfisa is done with her vacation at your expense. Why do a lot of these girls come here to be models? Someone up thread said Jorge might be on the sex offender list and that why he has problems getting an apartment. I at first thought the same thing but would TLC really have a person like that on their show knowing that? Especially after the whole Duggar and Honey Boo Boo fiasco.

alla seemed overwhelmed, might have been production wanting them to do too much for filming purposes.

I like Pedro. Chantel needs to fix things. She started the lie and now there's trouble with her family, also her fault. Pedro doesn't speak English so I don't think he really understands what's going on all the time. 

• Love 10

Nicole and Anfisa are reality gold!  I don't know how they found these two but I'm not gonna miss a single episode, lol.

Nicole...omg she's like a black hole that will never fill up.  It also drives me nuts when someone uses 'I love you' like a test, forcing the other person to say it to pass.  What a leech.  And never once during shopping did she say, "Oh, this is cute.  My daughter will love this."  I don't think she thought of her daughter at all.  Azan must really want to be in the USA pretty badly to marry someone who has none of the traits he thinks a wife should have, (modesty, a good cook, a healthy lifestyle, etc.).

Anfisa is 100% genuine and I'm loving it!  She's with doughboy to get on TV and get famous but this girl ain't got no plans to work her way up as a waitress.  No way...she's starting with a tax-free salary from one hell of a sucker, lol!  Sounds like his secret is something to do with money because that's about the only reason he'd be worried about Anfisa losing interest.  C'mon TLC, out with the secret already!

The other two couples aren't as interesting but who cares...these two make the show worth watching.

(liammaam you and your caps lock...rofl!)

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 18

I know, I feel so sorry for Pedro. Chantal needs to suck it up and be honest with her parents or they'll never accept him. It's so obvious he's not here on a student visa. 

Oh boy, Jorge! He must know he's buying a bride. Essentially she came out and told him that with her antics before she even got here so I'm not going to feel sorry for him, he's gonna get what he deserves. 

These girls who all think they're supermodel material need to hang out in LA for a bit so they'll realize that they may be 10s in their small pond but in the supermodel community they're more like a 6 or 7.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, puppytoes said:

Dear god, Azan, please get away from this slob Nicole.  Please do not marry this child.  

Just want to add, Azan, nothing -- NOTHING -- in America is worth what you're getting yourself into.   I think I'd rather be taken away by the police.

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Someone up thread said Jorge might be on the sex offender list and that why he has problems getting an apartment.

I think Jorge's big secret is that he's full of shit about his alleged "money."  It would explain why he couldn't buy her the purse and why he may not be able to get an apartment (credit check).   The car is probably leased.    Having no money is probably the ONE thing that would make Anifisa bolt. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 14

Nicole is so immature you can tell.. Azan i think he looks genuine i mean hes talking to ber explaining her everything then she goes in the room and starts balling it!! 

With experience, when r u in morrocco with a native you have to have your marriage license in order to get a hotel room together maybe a little less severe in the riads but its really not accepted... 

The zuchinnis which is called zaalouk is delicious... Nicole is crazy she going to teach her daughter to eat fries and hot dogs wtf...

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

I think Jorge's big secret is that he's full of shit about his alleged "money."  It would explain why he couldn't buy her the purse and why he may not be able to get an apartment (credit check).   The car is probably leased.    Having no money is probably the ONE thing that would make Anifisa bolt. 

This makes a lot of sense. Or he just filed for bankruptcy.  I doubt TLC would allow a registered sex offender on the show.

I just can't with Nicole! She acts 12!  "I don't eat zucchini or vegetables and stuff."  Why not?? Know who else doesn't?? A 2 year old toddler.  Seriously , why wouldn't you eat veggies. Sure there are some you might not like but ALL vegetables? If their sautéed in garlic and butter?? Who won't eat that?? Ugh. She's disgusting. I love it.

• Love 22

Soooo, as a chubby American girl who married someone from another country, I am having a really hard time dealing with Nicole. When my guy and I were getting to know each other, I was so excited to learn everything that I could about his world; as we fell in love, I just wanted to drink in every single piece of pop culture, tradition, funny quirks, vocabulary, and every little piece of daily life in his country that I could. When I moved over to the UK after we were married, I was hugely enthusiastic about diving right into normal life in my new home, and I was completely equipped to do so. 

Now I completely understand that there's a different level of "foreign-ness" in moving from a major US city over to London than there is moving from Bumblefuck, The South all the way to Morocco. However I feel like by getting to know someone deeply, really learning them, you can't help but take in a decent amount of detail about what life is like in their country, purely by osmosis. Sure, trying to prepare oneself to move to a far away country with a different language/alphabet and completely different customs and guidelines of propriety would be tremendously intimidating. She's bound to make a few little blunders as she experiences things in person for the first time. If she had a real, thorough, serious relationship with Azan, though, she would have picked up so much just from listening to him and wanting to know everything there is to know about him, as one does when they're in love. 

• Love 17

I was very excited to see Matt and Anfisa shopping at Jungle Jim's.  Kind of weird, though, assuming it's the Eastgate location, it's about an hour drive from where he lives.  Maybe he took her there because it's a huge international market.  She was so perplexed by the apples, I would like to see what her idea of an apple is.  Maybe just smaller.

I really like Pedro.  He's sweet and seems sincere.

• Love 5

DVR didn't catch this one, so I'm a little behind. 

I can't believe Nicole is going to Morocco without any planning or research.  I'm torn between feeling bad for her, because I think she's naïve and not very bright, and cringing because she's clearly going to be an ugly America.  As an aside, her stepmother looks strikingly like Toni Collette.

Matt, he seems dopey and nice enough, but if you've been divorced three times you might just realize marriage is not for you.  It's odd that he's had 3 wives and no kids, unless there's some sort of issue.  Alla does seem like she really wants to be with him, so maybe the 4th time's the charm. 

Jorge - I felt bad for him until the feminist comment.  I think he's going to get what he deserves with his bride.  His sister and niece are beautiful. 

Pedro seems sweet, but I think Chantel's plan is going to backfire on her.  Her family is going to be livid when they find out she's been lying.  Is her bed in the living room of her apartment?  What's up with that?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, steff13 said:

I really like Pedro.  He's sweet and seems sincere.

That's what makes their story just the worst- he sincerely appears to not understand why her family is so angry and suspicious of him.  I can't remember- does HE know she is lying about him to her family?  Chantal set him up for a really, really big fall- and he doesn't deserve that :(

• Love 9

Nicole's vocabulary is very limited.  "Cool" "Amazing" "Cool" "I love you" "Cool" "I don't like vegetables" "Amazing" and of course, the universal language of tears.  Now we already knew that she is attracted to Azan because he's "hot" and but we learned today that she is super horny and thinks with her vajayjay.  So, I am not sure on what level they are communicating for Azan to want to marry her after 3 weeks online (oh right, how you say, the green card?) and for her to declare him to be the love of her life (but maybe a dog humping your leg also thinks you're the love of his life?).  She knows nothing about him... and doesn't want to know anything.  When he tells her to control her urge to bone him in public, she has that contorted contrite expression like she's fighting the urge to sneak her hand in her pants and wank.  Her mind is like 8, but her libido is 16 yr old male level.

I'm loving Anfisa because like most people I love an honest person.  Jorge is a puss and a doofus.  She advertises who she is with a blinking marquee.  He thinks she'll change after marriage! LOL.  I think he got "robbed" aka a target of the underworld.  And what got robbed... a grow op, maybe?  Yeah I'd run away too.

• Love 14

Jorge and anfisa is gross.. Just by her opening her mouth u know she only wants money its just too much jorge complete idiot.. Just for some ass i mean cmon...

matt and alla i really like them i think they even look alike.. I just think hes a bit immature for an older man but at least hes family oriented and he gives that vibe that hes really into her..

nicole is just desperate for love.. By any means.. Just the whole not understanding the pda issue she always need affirmation that she is loved .. She has a huge void and she needs a psychologist not a morroccan husband...

• Love 2

Giving Nicole like, the barest of slack I can, I can understand how both meeting somebody for the first time and and having it compacted into a finite time span I could cause a person to be clingy.  But that said, it's shameful how little she cares or even recognizes that it's another country that doesn't play by America's rules, aside from being impressed by camels and donkeys.  I feel like I know more about Morocco just from visiting Epcot then she does being there.  Just the way she's dressed is probably a huge embarrassment to him.  Also thanks Nicole for perpetuating the American stereotype of only eating McDonalds.  I don't think they actually had sex, and it was just her incredibly lame idea of a joke.  I looked it up and sex outside of marriage in Morocco is punishable by jail time, and if that interview took place in Morocco....no wonder he had that reaction that he did.

Matt and Ala...ok Jungle Jim's is an awesome store, but for those who don't know, it's also completely insane.  It's probably not the wisest choice to take somebody to when they're already feeling overwhelmed.  I can only imagine they went there TO overwhelm her.  Least I wouldn't want to do my first grocery shopping exhausted in a strange land in a store with animatronics and is like 3 times as big as a normal grocery store (probably while he brings up his 3 ex wives every 15 minutes).  And what kind of person knows they're going to have people staying with them and doesn't buy any food?  I get house guests for the weekend and stock up. I feel sorry for Max who doesn't seem to speak a word of English and likely has no idea what's going on.

Pedro and Chantel....seems like she speaks way more Spanish then he does English but still, it's a definite language barrier.  What's going to happen when the sex cools down and they have to start making real decisions together that they can't even properly discuss? 

I love Anfisa.  It's kind of refreshing to see somebody who is so brutally honest.  This is just an exotic vacation for her.

Edited by moonbunnychan
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Soooo, as a chubby American girl who married someone from another country, I am having a really hard time dealing with Nicole. When my guy and I were getting to know each other, I was so excited to learn everything that I could about his world; as we fell in love, I just wanted to drink in every single piece of pop culture, tradition, funny quirks, vocabulary, and every little piece of daily life in his country that I could. When I moved over to the UK after we were married, I was hugely enthusiastic about diving right into normal life in my new home, and I was completely equipped to do so. 

Now I completely understand that there's a different level of "foreign-ness" in moving from a major US city over to London than there is moving from Bumblefuck, The South all the way to Morocco. However I feel like by getting to know someone deeply, really learning them, you can't help but take in a decent amount of detail about what life is like in their country, purely by osmosis. Sure, trying to prepare oneself to move to a far away country with a different language/alphabet and completely different customs and guidelines of propriety would be tremendously intimidating. She's bound to make a few little blunders as she experiences things in person for the first time. If she had a real, thorough, serious relationship with Azan, though, she would have picked up so much just from listening to him and wanting to know everything there is to know about him, as one does when they're in love. 

OMG YOU MOVED TO LONDON!  I'm mesmerized by London, my fave big city.  You're so lucky.  

Watching Nicole is SO embarrassing and difficult.  Like, um, cool, like "I like simple foods."  Like, the most simple foods are, like, carrots and apples, like.  Cool, they're awesome, because you can, like, just, like, pick them up and, you know, like just eat 'em.  Awesome!  

It is my fervent hope that (a) her parents live through this and not die of shame and (b) she watches this and changes her ways.  There is NO way Azan is in this for the long haul.

Is it just me or does Alla seem actually legit?  I can't imagine how pissed I would be to travel that far, different time zone (which does make you quite tired - especially the NEXT day) with a child (note to Nicole - that's one's most pressing concern) and there is nothing in the house but saltines.  No wonder she was annoyed at the grocery store.  As one commentator said, this was an hours drive from his house.  OK, so drive an hour with a tired "fiancee" and her child when you should just have run to the local store for some milk, cereal and bananas.  Overall....I think I like her.  

• Love 15