Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

My gut is telling me he has a drinking/drug problem and has a history of D.V.

I think another poster said Jorge might have some kind of sex offense/record in his past.   Thats my guess too.

I dunno about Matt, he seems to be a big doofus, but who knows? That said, I always find it interesting when someone like Matt, who has been married eleventy million times seems to be steadfast in their belief that either a) all their exes were the bad one in the relationship, hence Matt's reference to 2 of the 3 cheating on him or b) that each marriage was unique in it's problems and the fact that all three marriages failed means nothing. Of course dumbass as he is, Matt fails to see that the common denominator between all his failed marriages is HIM. So he does what any person who can't find a lasting relationship does, he turns to the interwebs to purchase a wife in exchange for a green card. And is probably saying to himself on a subconsious level, "she can't leave me. She needs me for the green card". 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Because if he's here as a student, that means there's an end date to this little adventure. They are hoping against hope that he's going to finish his class, go home, and Chantel will be over this little infatuation of hers. I don't think they knew he wouldn't be working. On the previous episode, when Chantel's mother said flat out that she and her husband would be pissed off if Pedro was not working, Chantal was deliberately silent and her mother didn't pick up on that. Chantel also said Pedro wanted to be an airplane mechanic. I assumed - as her mother probably did - that that was a specialized trade course and a short term thing that would lead to profitable employment (read: financial independence). Then he got here, he speaks almost no English, Chantel says he's in college, and he can't work at all, and now this is starting to look like a whole other situation. He's got no job, he's not actually enrolled anywhere, and t looks like whatever he's going to be doing is going to take quite a while.

The airplane mechanic thing might be real. Small town here, we used to have a SAC base that's been converted and a large airline repair company moved in. My ex-husband and my daughter both work there because it's a great job with good pay and benefits. Most of the workers are contracted from other countries and speak very little English, but they do the job so I think that is a viable option for Pedro. 

Speaking of my 21 year old daughter having that good job, she's also sweet, cute and a little chubby so guess what I thought of when she asked me for help brushing up on her spanish because this hot guy from Colombia was telling her he loved her but golly gee, he only had a restaurant job and he really needed a job in America, and someplace to stay in America, and someone to help him come to America.... The videos he would send her of him wasted on drugs, drunk and crying that only she could cure him, only she could help him quit drinking and drugging and help him change his life and come to fabulous America and be together forever. It was totally pathetic.  She met someone local soon after, whew!

• Love 6

Nicole's story is the way every episode of Locked Up Abroad starts. I would sure love to know where she got the money for a 5 week trip. Maybe she didn't supersize for a few weeks and saved the change. 

Her sister is a saint but then again she probably couldn't resist having that precious little girl all to herself for 5 weeks. I just wanted to grab my baby spoon and eat her up!! I'm not sure she could be any cuter.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NoeNoe said:

I feel like in this day and age any man with some time and experience behind him knows exactly why these women are getting into relationships with them. Matt is over 40 and has been married more times than the average person. At this point in his life I don't think he should he felt sorry for and I certainly don't think it's fair for his family to treat Alla the way they did. At least wait to see if she doesn't treat him good before attacking her. He knew what he was doing. He made more than one trip over there for a reason. I'm not trying to defend everyone who's after a green card but at the same time I don't blame her for wanting a better life and if they're willing to try to have a good marriage I think they should be left alone. I feel bad for Azan though. I don't think a green card is worth what he already has, and will continue, to go through. Nicole is a horrid person and an embarrassment to American women.

If Alla's reasons for going onto one of those dating sites for Russian/Ukrainian women who are hoping to meet American men weren't completely guided by her wish to find true love, I don't fault her for that simply because she seems willing to walk the walk. She's not making Matt jump through hoops, she's not demanding money or material things, (she just wanted food for her kid, I don't think that's unreasonable!) it looks like she is willing to come here and make a life with Matt, for good or ill. She hasn't thrown diva fits or retreated to bed with the sulks, she puts on some lipstick and shows up. Somewhere inside Matt must realize its not just his sparkling personality that won her. Its not what I would choose but who knows what her life was like? If they're not love's young dream, well, who is? If its an arrangement that works for them, more power to them. And if Matt's family is concerned, maybe they could be a little nicer. There's no need to take the rubber hose out yet. Wait till they get a load of Anfisa! They'll think Alla's the Virgin Mary!

And @booboopbedoo, I am living in terror that Nicole is trying very hard to get pregnant. It seems like her MO. She'll cry and whine and say Azan has to marry her now. Even though baby daddy number one showed her the door. She's cute and has beautiful skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. If she ate decently and went to the gym, not even to lose weight necessarily, but to improve her stamina and overall health, maybe her self esteem would improve and she'd have something to offer a potential partner other than baby talk, sulks and easy sex.

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Nicole came off so needy, desperate and thirsty.  I wonder if she was like that with her daughter's father. 

Do we know anything about the baby daddy? I can't remember if she mentioned him or not.

17 minutes ago, citychic said:

The airplane mechanic thing might be real. Small town here, we used to have a SAC base that's been converted and a large airline repair company moved in. My ex-husband and my daughter both work there because it's a great job with good pay and benefits. Most of the workers are contracted from other countries and speak very little English, but they do the job so I think that is a viable option for Pedro. 

Speaking of my 21 year old daughter having that good job, she's also sweet, cute and a little chubby so guess what I thought of when she asked me for help brushing up on her spanish because this hot guy from Colombia was telling her he loved her but golly gee, he only had a restaurant job and he really needed a job in America, and someplace to stay in America, and someone to help him come to America.... The videos he would send her of him wasted on drugs, drunk and crying that only she could cure him, only she could help him quit drinking and drugging and help him change his life and come to fabulous America and be together forever. It was totally pathetic.  She met someone local soon after, whew!

Yikes! Thank goodness she didn't get sucked up in that! How long did that go on?

1 minute ago, Cranky One said:

Do we know anything about the baby daddy? I can't remember if she mentioned him or not.

From what I remember, all Nicole said was that she met him on the Internet, she went to Texas to be with him when she was 18 and when she got pregnant, he broke up with her. 

1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

From what I remember, all Nicole said was that she met him on the Internet, she went to Texas to be with him when she was 18 and when she got pregnant, he broke up with her. 

Thanks! I must've missed that. I kind of feel for her mom. From what we've seen, she seems to know what the deal is but her hands are tied. It must be really hard to sit back and watch that...especially on T.V.!

• Love 1

1/ Saltines from the plane.  What a nice welcoming breakfast.  How about some cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs, bread, or waffles, jackass?

2/ How do these people speak to foreigners?  There needs to be a bit of slowdown, an effort to find a word that they may understand.  How fast was River speaking to Pedro, in a barbershop, with their heads turned away?  How can you find out what you want to know like that?

3/ Alla is probably used to tiny, not-shiny or genetically modified apples.  No way would they have the selection in Kiev like we have here.  I think it was all too much for her. 

4/ "In America they always give you drinks first,"  said through clenched teeth.  Hey Nicole, YOU'RE NOT IN AMERICA. Enjoy your Sprite.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, happy hobo said:

Well,  Nicole just has to be  the most clueless, uninteresting putz on the planet. She meets someone ONLINE, and gets 'engaged' within 3 weeks.

She then, flies to Morocco (a country she never even knew existed) for five weeks?  (Oh, and she already has a 2 year old because, well, someone obviously said "boo" to her.....so she lowered her pants)

Now, within 24 hours of touching down in Morocco, (again to meet a man FOR THE FIRST TIME), she again drops her drawers.  Not only that....but she ANNOUNCES this all on TV. (Way to go! I'm sure your daughter will be proud of you).  

Isn't it time someone called Child Services on this  "mother" (I almost gagged typing mother) 

you know, I didn't even realize that.  This goes on for weeks for us viewers, and I know I forget that and think this is taking quite a while, but for her it was IMMEDIATE and she was hopping into bed.  Boy, that was a startling statement to read.  I can't even imaging what he thinks of American "culture" if she's the spokesperson.  Ugh. 

• Love 5

That tagine lunch looked delicious.  I swear, I could smell it through the television screen, and my mouth was watering.  Also, how neat was it that Azan took her through the big bazaar?  I have always wanted to go to Morocco with my husband, and I can't imagine how neat it would be to have a local to guide you around a bit.

Nicole: when in Rome, my dear.  When in Rome.

Do you love the lamp?

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Lesia said:

1/ Saltines from the plane.  What a nice welcoming breakfast.  How about some cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs, bread, or waffles, jackass?

2/ How do these people speak to foreigners?  There needs to be a bit of slowdown, an effort to find a word that they may understand.  How fast was River speaking to Pedro, in a barbershop, with their heads turned away?  How can you find out what you want to know like that?

3/ Alla is probably used to tiny, not-shiny or genetically modified apples.  No way would they have the selection in Kiev like we have here.  I think it was all too much for her. 

4/ "In America they always give you drinks first,"  said through clenched teeth.  Hey Nicole, YOU'RE NOT IN AMERICA. Enjoy your Sprite.

Agreed but I am surprised that they didn't immediately bring them water.  Maybe it's just a European thing.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I had to laugh when Matt carried Max in to his family gathering, holding him up like a trophy, and Max's Russian translation on the screen was something like "No, put me dowwwwwnnnnnn!"  

I enjoyed that, too.  lol  Matt is clueless about Max's personhood and intelligence. Matt's in for a rude awakening.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, PityFree said:

Can creepy 3-time divorcee please let poor Alla and son rest for a bit? Jebus!

Two family dinners in 24 hours on no sleep? That's beyond thoughtless of him.

I wanted to slap Matt silly for not thinking to have FOOD in the house. In America, you can drive to a store and get everything you want, any time you need it. Stressful leaving your country, being on a 17-hour (whatever) flight, being shuttled around to show off Matt's trophies, no sleep. And no food for breakfast or lunch? For a child?  No wonder Matt's been divorced three times.

• Love 19

Nicole- I live in her town. Although, and I can tell from the camera shots, on opposite ends of town, she lives where all the white trash rednecks live and you don't go out there after dark. Just sayin.  What does Nicole do for a living that allows for her to go away for 5 weeks? Collecting unemployment, food stamps and gov't assistance, no doubt.  

The Moroccan food looked delish. She acted like Azan was trying to feed her monkey brains and camel intestines! For god's sake, try the food, you ugly American. I will be amazed if Azan ever leaves the country to go to America with her. He seems like a decent guy. 

Jorge- what really is his deal? He lives from hotel to hotel? Something very wrong there. Is he on the run from something? So he got robbed. Get a new place with a state of the art alarm system. Anfisa has a butterface. I can't imagine what that face will look like in 10 yrs. 

Matt and Alla- he is so close with his mother, she didn't suggest to him to get some food in the house for the kid.? Alla seems like she gets her buttons pushed easily.  I know she was tired and all, but she was nasty in the grocery store. She just moved to be with this  man she is supposed to be so in love with, why the big pout? She wasn't even happy at the airport. 

Pedro and Chantel- boring.  Not sure I like her family at all. I guess she really shows her ass next episode. Girl likes to partayyyyyy!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

Nicole's total lack of self awareness was alarming.  She seemed to be locked into the mental and emotional maturity of a 13-year-old girl. The immature language, the hair twirling, the awkwardness. They say if you start doing drugs or experience a life altering events at a young age, you are stuck at that age. Or maybe she is mentally challenged (which makes filming her monumentally worse).  Whatever it is?  I experienced tremendous second-hand embarrassment on her behalf.  I cannot imagine being a family member or even a close friend and watching this cringe-worthy spectacle.

And putty-faced Alfisa?  Talk about plastic surgery gone very wrong!  George (I'm sorry, but Jorge is pronounced or-HAY), must be very inexperienced or YES a virgin to consider that butter-face hot.  He lives in LA for f*cks sake!!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Good lord I sure hope she doesn't come back from Morroco pregnant... 

I'm honestly wondering if that's the plan. Isn't that how she ended up pregnant the last time? She met some guy online, went to Texas and came home pregnant? Although this time I think she figures that the combo of a pregnancy and a green card might be the formula to making him stick around. 

It looks like next week is Meet the Parents, Moroccan style. Although I'm guessing that Azan is being encouraged by his family to marry an American as a way to get to the US. Can't wait for them to lay eyes on their future daughter in law. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lesia said:

On the contrary she is more likely used to picking fresh apples off the tree. Many "foreign" countries are not as industrialized as we would think. When we were in Russia, The Soviet Union at that time, nearly everything we ate came from nearby farms... and was not processed. Steaks we tough because they were not aged, butter in our coffee and/or tea because it'd just come from the farm. And that was at the four star hotel/restaurants. And lots of countries do not opt for the GMOs.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Nicole is going to get pregnant and then he will have to stay with her.

She is SO annoying! I want to lock her up and teach her about the world and how to be a Mother.

I think she gave it to anyone in school and probably stalked the Baby's Daddy.

If they hadn't shown Nicole's family - who seemed to be normal, nice, and supportive - my first thought would have been that Nicole was the victim of some kind of sexual abuse when younger. Now, of course it's not true in every case, but things like obesity (using food for emotional comfort) along with very careless promiscuity can be red flags for previous abuse.

The other family members, IIRC, did not have the same obese, trashy look that Nicole has nor did they seem as downright idiotic as she comes off. Would love to know what happened to set Nicole on the path she's on.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Azan was the one who called the authorities and reported the landlord; in order to get out of having to share a room and bed with Nicole. 

A possibility seeing as he was taking a chance with his freedom as it were. She was so disrespectful and he rightfully was annoyed with her for not adhering to his requests to follow the rules. And I don't think any amount of producer driven shenanigans could interfere with that. They still stone women in some countries.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Azan was the one who called the authorities and reported the landlord; in order to get out of having to share a room and bed with Nicole. 

It was probably his friend who went to the airport with him who called the police.  It's like that "emergency" phone call or text you get from your bestie when you are out on a bad date. 

I cannot stress enough how much I admire Azan's commitment and dedication to the role. I mean he has completely switched off his human emotions and he is in the zone. He is more committed to this role than Christian Bale in The Machinist.

• Love 14
51 minutes ago, okerry said:

The other family members, IIRC, did not have the same obese, trashy look that Nicole has nor did they seem as downright idiotic as she comes off. Would love to know what happened to set Nicole on the path she's on.

Sometimes stuff just happens.  I had a friend whose sister, despite being sent to a very good school, decided to hang out with the girls who lived in the projects and smoke cigarettes and have sex; she ended up pregnant.  Sometimes there is no reason for bad behavior.

One thing I think is hysterical about this show and I know it's being done on purpose is the lingering camera.  On other reality shows, when people do TH's the camera cuts away quickly after they have finished speaking.  In this show the camera lingers on for a few seconds, enough to see the awkward glances and side eyes that you'd miss with a quick cut away.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
48 minutes ago, okerry said:

If they hadn't shown Nicole's family - who seemed to be normal, nice, and supportive - my first thought would have been that Nicole was the victim of some kind of sexual abuse when younger. Now, of course it's not true in every case, but things like obesity (using food for emotional comfort) along with very careless promiscuity can be red flags for previous abuse.

I'm gonna sit my ass on the armchair and be an "armchair psychologist" for a moment.  Didn't they show us Nicole's mom and STEP dad?  Did we see bio dad?  Don't know her story, but it is a very common emotional response when a girl hasn't gotten enough attention from dad to crave it from other males and act inappropriately including promiscuity.   Even in households where dad sticks around but is emotionally unavailable you can get the same result.  Something to think about....but even more so something for Nicole to think about so she can examine her motivations and stop making bonehead decisions.  

• Love 5

I'm gonna sit my ass on the armchair and be an "armchair psychologist" for a moment.  Didn't they show us Nicole's mom and STEP dad?  Did we see bio dad? 

Her mom and stepdad, and dad and stepmom, were all at the dinner. 

• Love 7

A possibility seeing as he was taking a chance with his freedom as it were. She was so disrespectful and he rightfully was annoyed with her for not adhering to his requests to follow the rules. And I don't think any amount of producer driven shenanigans could interfere with that. They still stone women in some countries.

Or, he knows what he is doing by picking a weak one to manipulate. He just never realized she was a little bit big. If he is a street kid then he is smart and knows what he is doing.

• Love 3

I don't know how long ago Nicole's parents broke up, but her mom married her current husband Joe only a year or two ago. I only know this because I'm checking them out on Facebook (see social media thread) and it's starting to make me feel a little creepy, so I'm going to stop now, LOL.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Crumpet said:

Her mom and stepdad, and dad and stepmom, were all at the dinner. 

oh, yikes . . . IMHO, that's not good either. It shows a lack of boundaries to mix mom's new partner with dad's new partner and still keep mom and dad socializing together . . . I know that some people think this is wonderful and modern, and other posters may agree, but I don't.  You can't have it both ways. Either you keep the family you have, or you get out and create a new one. Trying to mix up everyone's new sex partners with each other just shows that family means virtually nothing.

I've seen these cases before and it's always a disaster. The boundaries that should define the family have been thrown to the winds - and if there's one person we've seen who has no concept of boundaries, it's Nicole.

• Love 2

Someone up thread said Jorge might be on the sex offender list and that why he has problems getting an apartment. I at first thought the same thing but would TLC really have a person like that on their show knowing that?

Yes, TLC/Sharp would do that. It could have been a case of him dating someone underage (who'd have his fat ass) and her parents didn't like it. I watch too much Law & Order. Or he's selling pot on the side from his legit business. In L.A., it's expensive. Not that I know from personal experience, mind you....

• Love 3

Sweet baby Moroccan Jesus, what a mess.  My guess is that Azan's boyfriend called the cops once he saw that Nicole intended to leave no scraps behind.  Azan was SO tightly wound by the time the "Is this chicken or is this fish that I'm eating?" encounter in the market took place.  Nicole will not listen until she is being stoned in the square. Even then, we'll be able to hear her under a pile of rocks, "Babe? I love you... Are we ok? Can I kiss you?"  

Chantal and Pedro...I'm not sure he gets how much lying has been done. The scene with he and Winter in the barbershop was uncomfortable.  And if I were Winter's barber, I wouldn't want anyone to know I did that Kid 'n Play deconstructed 'do.

My only problem with Anfisa is that she sold herself short with her $10,000/month "allowance".  High end escorts could make a lot more, and she would make a FANTASTIC domanitrix.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

Nicole will not listen until she is being stoned in the square. Even then, we'll be able to hear her under a pile of rocks, "Babe? I love you... Are we ok? Can I kiss you?"  

Ok, I was sitting here thinking,  maybe I shouldn't watch these shows anymore because the people make me sick.    But, coming here and reading something so funny calms me down.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Ok, I was sitting here thinking,  maybe I shouldn't watch these shows anymore because the people make me sick.    But, coming here and reading something so funny calms me down.

It's always fun to point and laugh at idiots. And this bunch? Whoo doggie!

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

So are you saying it's healthier for everybody to hate each other?  To pretend that their parents don't have new husbands and wives.  And it's not sex partners, it's spouses.

I disagree with this; I mean what are her parents supposed to do?  Not talk to each other?  It was Nicole's biological parents who drove her to the airport though.  I think sometimes people act stupid just because, not because of any family issue. 

No, of course I didn't say her parents should "hate" each other. I said it's not appropriate for them to mix the two new families together. Her parents can talk to each other if and when it's necessary for the children. Otherwise, their time and loyalty belongs to their new partners and they should not be spending that time socializing with the old ones. Because boundaries. 

ETA: I didn't catch that it was Nicole's bio-mom and bio-dad who drove her to the airport. IMO, that is completely inappropriate. If they're divorced, they should not be doing things together as if they were still a family. One of them should have gone with their new partner, not with their former one, to drive Nicole to the airport. The other parent could have said goodbye to her from their home, along with their new partner.

There's no greater recipe for disaster in a relationship - whether it was just dating or it was a marriage - than to stay "friends" and socialize with an ex and expect your new partner to be happy about that.

Didn't anyone here was MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT and saw how grating it was for Jamie to constantly go on and on about "My Ex" and wanted him and Doug to be friends? It was godawful, and what Nicole's family is doing is no different.

I'll say again: No wonder Nicole has zero sense of boundaries. Her parents and step-parents apparently have none, either.

Edited by okerry
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I had hoped Nicole would spare me the ugly American routine, but no.  The man toughed it out and had sex with her ( and by the look on his face it was a struggle) and she can't even try the zucchini?  It's never a good look for the big girl sto say she doesn't eat vegetables and only like French fries and hot dogs.

It reminded me of the story of Dani and Mo in Doha.  Didn't he only have sex with her once in order to put the hook in her mouth? Could that have been what Azan was doing?

Of course, it appeared that when the police showed up there were truly unanticipated circumstances beyond his control. It's not so easy to find hookups in Morocco.  I think he would have been happy to have another night or two.

Still, she's GOT to quit glomming onto him in public.  Why can't she get that through her thick head?

And, as far as the negative backlash, nothing seems to embarrass that Nicole girl.  She's got a Mama June thing going on.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

It's always fun to point and laugh at idiots. And this bunch? Whoo doggie!

.........Jed Clampett :)

8 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It reminded me of the story of Dani and Mo in Doha.  Didn't he only have sex with her once in order to put the hook in her mouth? Could that have been what Azan was doing?

Of course, it appeared that when the police showed up there were truly unanticipated circumstances beyond his control. It's not so easy to find hookups in Morocco.  I think he would have been happy to have another night or two.

Still, she's GOT to quit glomming onto him in public.  Why can't she get that through her thick head?

And, as far as the negative backlash, nothing seems to embarrass that Nicole girl.  She's got a Mama June thing going on.

I didn't think Dani and Mo ever did it. :)

Hilarious article, Beth! Alla definitely did not deserve the interrogation! What a nightmare. At least they weren't wearing lights this time.

Anfisa is turning out to be a delightful reality TV villain! And Jorge clearly has trouble in life deciding whom to trust and distrust. His heart is her piñata. I'm really wondering what Jorge's secrets could be? What was he doing with a huge amount of cash in his apartment? Was he hiding it from Uncle Sam? I'm starting to wonder if he's skating on thin financial ice. Like, he's got tens of thousands of dollars to throw around now, but it's his last tens of thousands of dollars. And maybe soon after they are married his pockets will be empty? If he's expecting her to love him for himself, he's going to be sorely disappointed. She won't even like him for himself.

Nicole, you poor, big, sloppy American you. Way to represent! I thought it was really funny how offended she got at the notion that she should change one single thing about herself. "What? You want me to stop acting like a big baby and eat my vegetables? How dare you ask me to change!!!!" Yikes, she is a disaster. And again, she seems to find all of the attention and criticism fun and funny. It's a Mama June thing.

When she stumbled off that plane, Azan seemed to have genuine feelings for her and he was willing to work with her on the relationship. However, she is going to completely wreck things in a matter of days. And then, he will have to decide, how badly does he want to go to the United States?

Seriously, this poor woman doesn't have enough self-control to quit glomming onto him for five minutes. And we haven't even gotten to the tantrums yet. Look out, Morocco!

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I am so glad I was home when I read that be cause I am 12.LOL.  Dani wishes she could have gotten his hook in her mouth.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Cranky One said:

Yikes! Thank goodness she didn't get sucked up in that! How long did that go on?

It was a long five months or so. She was looking up how much money it would take to bring him over here.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wondered if it was really Azan who might be in trouble and needed to high tail it out of there as a result of shacking with The Thirsty Beast.  

• Love 2