Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Pedro knows exactly zero English and doesn't seem all that motivated - maybe he expects to conduct most of his social intercourse with his penis.

There are millions of people in America who refuse to learn English.  No biggie for them, as American companies, government, etc., bend over backwards to cater to them.  Giving them no motivation whatsoever to learn the language of this country.

As to the rest of us, for English, press 1 ... 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

No wonder his mom brought him the lightbulbs did you see how boisterous they all were? His whole family was lit up, literally, as in bedecked in flashing lights.

LOL, during the broadcast I actually said aloud, "Is that old lady wearing flashing lights?"

• Love 3
15 hours ago, autumnh said:

Why does Jorge remind me of a woman once named Georgia? I hope I am wrong....but I watched it twice.....he seems trans....and I have no issue with that since I have trans family. But I think that is his " secret"?

As someone mentioned earlier, and I do agree, he looks like Chaz Bono.

• Love 1
  1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I would say that they are two sides of the same coin of no self worth, but at least Nicole has a heart, childish though it might be.

Anfisa doesn't gush or act impressed, but if she did it would have to be an act because she's so jaded there's just a dark hollow bowl inside where the emotions were scooped out before she was too young to protest.

Anflsa might actually be the first truly evil person we've ever seen on this show.

I don't believe she is evil. She's just good at what she does, and she found the perfect sucker. Then again, they (the people cast on this trainwreck none of us seem to be able to look away from) have a tendency to get progressively worst at the wedding date approaches. 

Evil might be overstated. Just really rough lack of upbringing resulting in empathy never getting to evolve. Strong mercenary streak, enterprising, self-seeking nature and an impulsive desire to get rid of anything that stands in her way. :)

And yeah, Jorge is certainly rolling over letting it happen. "I'll take advantage of people who lay themselves open to it." Check yes, Anfisa!

• Love 4

Matt's mom. Wow. She is so supportive.

Mr. Guilfoyle mentioned that is maybe the reason he has such a hard time with women...his mom is genuinely a nice, good, supportive person and he keeps trying to find that in other women. 

And failing miserably.

And on a different note, I was so shocked by the unattractiveness of Anfisa's face. Mr. G did a rundown of the plastic surgery she would require in order to half the stunner she claims to be, so we froze the screen and really lingered on her face.  For unrelated reasons today I was googling the physical attributes of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and noticed how many of them Anfisa has.

Epicanthal folds (fold above the eyelid) - check
Longer than average distance between nose and upper lip - check
Thin upper lip - check
Small head - check
Social developmental delays (this one is more debatable, but she does seem to be lacking some socialization skills...IDK).

I might need a photo chart for this one...

3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

well, shows how dumb I am.  I didn't know such tours existed.  Sure, I knew about online and "mail order," but tours?  Well!

One of Lisa Ling's specials was about these tours. She followed one man to Colombia and, I think, another one to Russia.

Yes, I saw that, too. It's like an art or antique show where men nibble pastries and sip wine and view the various pieces of to see which one they want to take home permanently except oh yeah it's people.

• Love 9

I hesitate to say this, as it will definitely show my age but..oh well, here goes.......Matt--if Ken Berry and Tiny Tim had a son.

I agree there is something off about Jorge--hubby thinks he is either bi or trans.  I think he is accustomed to being emasculated as he said he has 4 or 5 sisters.  I feel a little sorry for him, he's going to lose everything to this man-eater.

Don't like Chantel--there is something phony and diva-esque about her.  At her young age, she has already written off American men because they don't treat her the way she wants to be treated?  Okkkkk.

I agree with those who say Nicole seems a little slow--even though she is of legal age and has a child, her family should have stepped in and explained the consequences to her.  Maybe they tried but she won't listen, apparently she has a history of poor decisions.

• Love 10

I'm wondering why Nicole's family - who all seem so opposed to these shenanigans - didn't just say to her "no, we are not going to watch your daughter for five weeks. It is completely delusional for you to be flying to Africa to meet a man off the internet, and we are not going to support your delusions."

I wonder if they were afraid that she'd find some friend or acquaintance to leave the girl with if they put their foot down.

Maybe they are just hoping she learns through the school of hard-knocks before getting legally wed to this guy.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I'm wondering why Nicole's family - who all seem so opposed to these shenanigans - didn't just say to her "no, we are not going to watch your daughter for five weeks. It is completely delusional for you to be flying to Africa to meet a man off the internet, and we are not going to support your delusions."

I wonder if they were afraid that she'd find some friend or acquaintance to leave the girl with if they put their foot down.

Maybe they are just hoping she learns through the school of hard-knocks before getting legally wed to this guy.

I think if her family didn't watch the little girl, Nicole would have probably brought her to Morocco. As an adult, there isn't much her family could have done to stop Nicole from going overseas. They are doing what they can to save the child from her mother's stupidity.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

As someone mentioned earlier, and I do agree, he looks like Chaz Bono.

I thought he was trans for sure until the comments he made about women in America.  Those outdated ideas just don't add up for someone who is liberated enough to have a sex change.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Anflsa might actually be the first truly evil person we've ever seen on this show.

I'd put Mohammad in that same boat too ... I still think that Jorge and Anfisa simply have an agreement, in which she wouldnt be evil, just a soulless hooker. One clue to that is that he's taken her to over 10 different exotic vacations, I think it was mentioned. That is a major clue. Who knows, we'll see how it plays out!

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I actually don't have sympathy for Nicole.  I think her family has enabled her immature behavior and whims.  She went off to Texas and came home with May.  Now she is going off again, and the family throws her a dinner before her departure and her sister takes May.  How is Nicole affording the trip, the K-1 process?  If she is, indeed, on welfare then she is using money meant to support her daughter in order to find another prince charming.  At 22 with a daughter, she should be learning how to support the two of them-way too much time on her hands to search the internet for the "love of her life."  Although her mother had some insightful comments, maybe she should have said those things to Nicole rather than about Nicole.

very good points.  I wonder if any cash she receives from this show is the reason her family is allowing it.  

• Love 3

I still don't see how Nicole can meet the financial requirement of the k1. According to the state Dept website you need to show stable income for 3 years. A pile of tlc money won't do it. Beyond the bare minimum requirements there is the cost of the travelFrankly I think the only reason her parents supported her going to Morocco was because she was being accompanied by a camera crew. They probably figured nothing bad would happen to her given the number of people with her. If she decided she wanted to go by herself my guess is they would have been much !ess supportive 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I still don't see how Nicole can meet the financial requirement of the k1. According to the state Dept website you need to show stable income for 3 years. A pile of tlc money won't do it. Beyond the bare minimum requirements there is the cost of the travelFrankly I think the only reason her parents supported her going to Morocco was because she was being accompanied by a camera crew. They probably figured nothing bad would happen to her given the number of people with her. If she decided she wanted to go by herself my guess is they would have been much !ess supportive 

I believe even if the petitioner is poor, if they have someone in their family who makes a stable income, they can put their name down. Sort of like a co-signer. Youre right, the camera crew babysitting her was probably the only reason the parents let her go. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rainflower said:

I think if her family didn't watch the little girl, Nicole would have probably brought her to Morocco. As an adult, there isn't much her family could have done to stop Nicole from going overseas. They are doing what they can to save the child from her mother's stupidity.

You are right. They were probably scared that she'd take the litle girl with her. Is there anything they could do to legally stop that ? I am assuming without the show Nicole could never have afforded the plane ticket, it looks like she lives with her family. Children age 2 and up require a separate plane ticket as well. The more I watched the episode, the more unbeliveable it all seemed.. What Nicole's mother SHOULD have done was lock her in her room, make her miss her flight, take her to a nutritionist to lose weight and get healthy, and spend lots of time with her to boost self esteem. GRRR. 

• Love 1

I just cant stop commenting here on all the random thoughts that pop into my head from this show, I have to get it out ! How do Pedro and Chantel communicate with her 9th grade elective level Spanish and his almost nonexistant English ? Does he really speak such poor English, or is it played up by the show ..... I got so uncomforable watching them get busy, french kissing at the airport in her corset dress with her boobs busting out ?!! And then in the bedroom good Lord...I'd be mortified if my parents saw me doing that with my fiance or anyone !! I dont do more than a peck and hug in public, thank you !! 

• Love 10
  1 hour ago, Rainflower said:

You are right. They were probably scared that she'd take the litle girl with her. Is there anything they could do to legally stop that ? I am assuming without the show Nicole could never have afforded the plane ticket, it looks like she lives with her family. Children age 2 and up require a separate plane ticket as well. The more I watched the episode, the more unbeliveable it all seemed.. What Nicole's mother SHOULD have done was lock her in her room, make her miss her flight, take her to a nutritionist to lose weight and get healthy, and spend lots of time with her to boost self esteem. GRRR. 

Makes sense. At which point Mom needs to get custody of the little girl. I mean, if she's that much of an idiot. It's a no brainer. (See what I did there?) :)

• Love 8
  23 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I believe even if the petitioner is poor, if they have someone in their family who makes a stable income, they can put their name down. Sort of like a co-signer. Youre right, the camera crew babysitting her was probably the only reason the parents let her go. 

So say he really does just want a green card. And, say like someone we know in a prior season, he has a similar work allergy? Does that mean Nicole's parents' are going to be on the hook for the next ten years reimbursing Uncle Sam for his living expenses after he's applied for welfare? If that's the case I'm starting to understand where she inherited her decision-making capabilities.

• Love 1

quick question, Nicole stated that to apply for the K1 they had to show proof of the relationship which is why she was going to Morocco if I heard correctly?  I know this was her first time actually meeting him so I am assuming that means they don't actually have the visa yet.  Maybe one can hope they will be denied?  I have a friend who tried for 3 years to get his girlfriend/fiance over here on the K1 only to keep being denied by her country, he finally went over there and married her and is now trying to get her over here on a spousal visa...fun times.  He enjoys watching this show with us lol.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Frankly I think the only reason her parents supported her going to Morocco was because she was being accompanied by a camera crew. They probably figured nothing bad would happen to her given the number of people with her. If she decided she wanted to go by herself my guess is they would have been much !ess supportive 

I think the only way Nicole is getting to Morocco is because of the camera crew.  I'm sure TLC paid for her plane ticket and is taking it out of the money she gets for the show. The network can't pay fees related to the visa, but they can do that much.

Jorge's "secret" is clearly about money. He says he's been with Anifisa only about a year and spent $70K on her, then he went out and bought the new car. He basically said in episode 1 that he's banking on weed becoming legal everywhere for business to take off... I think he's overdrawn or will be very soon.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Granny58 said:

well, shows how dumb I am.  I didn't know such tours existed.  Sure, I knew about online and "mail order," but tours?  Well!

There is a documentary on Netflix about tours like this. It is called "Love Me." It is sad to watch because these men are so desperate.

• Love 7

I actually don't have sympathy for Nicole.  I think her family has enabled her immature behavior and whims.  She went off to Texas and came home with May.  Now she is going off again, and the family throws her a dinner before her departure and her sister takes May.  How is Nicole affording the trip, the K-1 process?  If she is, indeed, on welfare then she is using money meant to support her daughter in order to find another prince charming.  At 22 with a daughter, she should be learning how to support the two of them-way too much time on her hands to search the internet for the "love of her life."  Although her mother had some insightful comments, maybe she should have said those things to Nicole rather than about Nicole.

Now, in fairness, the mom did say that she kept wishing her daughter would change. I'm sure she makes at least one wish every time she bails her daughter out of trouble and that has been going on for a very long time.

I would think it should start paying off soon although she didn't mention specifically whether they were star wishes or the birthday cake variety.

• Love 4
  4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'd put Mohammad in that same boat too ... I still think that Jorge and Anfisa simply have an agreement, in which she wouldnt be evil, just a soulless hooker. One clue to that is that he's taken her to over 10 different exotic vacations, I think it was mentioned. That is a major clue. Who knows, we'll see how it plays out!

I would not. If Anfisa had Mohamed's looks, she'd be a millionaire by now.

• Love 2

I really hope condoms are plentiful and non-stigmatized in Morocco because I can easily see DaNiki (trying that one out as a possible nickname) "accidentally" getting pregnant. It does not seem beyond her to get knocked up in order to keep a man, especially if she's afraid he's about to bolt. It would not shock me at all if that's how May was conceived.

Jorge is too old to be this dumb. Unlike others, I don't doubt that he was born a man, because Anfisa is clearly leading him around by the twig and berries. I can't figure out if he is completely lacking in foresight, or if he thinks she'll change. Because the way she behaves now will not be cute when they've got a couple of kids, when she's lost that bangin' body, when his business isn't doing so well, and when he asks if she could maybe run the vacuum for ten minutes since she's home all day.

Chantal is a puzzle to me. I'd really like to know what she was up to between 18 and 25 that she is just now in community college. Also, as far as I can tell, her parents are pretty sharp. How then, can they possibly believe the horsesh!t that Chantal's Dominican boyfriend, who barely speaks English, is going to come here, shack up with her daughter, learn to be an aviation mechanic, and then take off back home and that's all it is. Pedro isn't an exhange student, he's her sex buddy. And it seems pretty clear Chantal hasn't thought this through. She's leaving herself no time to plan a wedding, and her folks seem like the type who will expect a wedding. Is she planning to pop over to a Justice of the Peace on day 89? 

• Love 4
  10 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

I was confused too. I had thought he said in episode 1 he found her online, while purposefully seeking out Eastern European women because no Americans wanted to date his baggage-laden self. Also weird since he was whining about wife #3 cheating on him...yet he met Alla while they were still married or something? Sketchy. 

Interesting speculation. If his allegation is that #3 cheated, maybe it was a revenge thing or just as simple a needy person like Matt craving attention, affection, validation and lining up #4 in the process. 

When Jorge was shown driving, I was like what?!?!? is that a basic Honda? Anfisa is not gonna like that. LOL! Than his dumb ass gets a sports Audi with no trunk to pick her ass up at the airport. Who does that? 

My petty ass was checking out Anfisa's luggage and was surprised it wasn't Louis Vuitton.  In fact it was rather basic and cheap looking.  Count me in as also believing that she had no bigger fish biting so settled for Jorge - for now. 

I hope that Alla can teach Matt a few things about levels of disclosure. However, before she does that, I wouldn't mind hearing another soliloquy or two about his prior marriages ~ yikes!

What about Matt's clone? How is his discretion? Can we get this stuff in stereo? Priceless!

Yes, Anfisa definitely would have hotter looking luggage if she had better prospects. Jorge is the best she can do ~ until the show airs!

• Love 4

Make no mistake, one day Anfisa's commissary account will be even fatter than that of Jodi Arias! Sadly, she won't be able to buy much botox and stuff like that in there, but, all being said, that might be a good thing.

Pillow-face!

I just wanted to say, Anfisa, while you're shopping around with what's left of Jorge's money, there are places in this country where people actually go to get fat taken OUT of their faces!

Food for thought.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Chantal is a puzzle to me. I'd really like to know what she was up to between 18 and 25 that she is just now in community college. 

Not really. A lot of community colleges offer BSN now in nursing, plus a lot of people go to CC just to get the pre reqs they need at a cheaper rate than state universities for their 2nd career. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Matias130 said:

I think Anfisa does look like a 20 year old, however she has the cunning, calculated shrewdness, and greed of someone a lot older, which is why she seems older. Her English is very good for a Russian girl, she barely has a trace accent when she speaks and her affect is very very controlled, like she barely moves her face when she talks. She has had a lot of plastic surgery and fake hair and sorry but I think she is just a prostitute. 

LOL, I saw a boob job, nose job and lip fillers.  I wonder who paid for all of that?  

I think Anfisa is thrilled to be on TV, in America!

I think Nicole wanted to go to Morocco, but could not afford to do it.  TLC probably paid for her trip; her parents were okay with Nicole going, since a camera crew would be going with her.  That is probably why her family seemed okay with her going.  

What Nicole's mother SHOULD have done was lock her in her room, make her miss her flight, take her to a nutritionist to lose weight and get healthy, and spend lots of time with her to boost self esteem. GRRR. 

I don't know why people feel that forcing someone to do what you want them to do will work.  Just like drug addiction, if someone isn't ready to stop, they won't; no matter how many interventions you have.  If Nicole didn't go to Morocco, she would have found another man in another country.  I think it's good that Nicole is going, accompanied by a camera crew, of course.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Now, in fairness, the mom did say that she kept wishing her daughter would change. I'm sure she makes at least one wish every time she bails her daughter out of trouble and that has been going on for a very long time.

I would think it should start paying off soon although she didn't mention specifically whether they were star wishes or the birthday cake variety.

STANDING OVATION FOR THIS!  I nearly choked on my orange! 

• Love 2
  7 hours ago, lilsadone said:

lol and I bet she rarely has sex with him - he seems like the type to believe anything she says "oh she's been on her period for 2 months straight and that's normal she said." 

But then again, she did say in her talking head that she likes being affectionate, etc which is why long distance was hard for her. Who knows - I'VE GOT MY POPCORN THOUGH!

But if the theory that Jorge was born Georgia holds true, then he would know better? Still. It's Anfisa. She's crazy. :D

"Sorry Jorge... I've got PMS.... Now I've got post-MS! You'll have to wait."

I think when she was saying the whole thing about being affectionate it was an advertisement... for other men watching.

• Love 6
  7 hours ago, Landlord said:
  7 hours ago, lilsadone said:

lol and I bet she rarely has sex with him - he seems like the type to believe anything she says "oh she's been on her period for 2 months straight and that's normal she said." 

But then again, she did say in her talking head that she likes being affectionate, etc which is why long distance was hard for her. Who knows - I'VE GOT MY POPCORN THOUGH!

But if the theory that Jorge was born Georgia holds true, then he would know better? Still. It's Anfisa. She's crazy. :D

"Sorry Jorge... I've got PMS.... Now I've got post-MS! You'll have to wait."

I think when she was saying the whole thing about being affectionate it was an advertisement... for other men watching.

I must say that I do like the idea of a well-paid dom much better than Jodi Arias.

Still makes him look like a schmuck, but I'm sorry I called her pillow face.

Almost. :)

Oy, vey, Nicole.... Poor May is probably facing a lifetime of watching her mother get her passport stamped, so to speak.  I'm just glad she has other family nearby.

There is noting I can say about Jorge that hasn't been said. I definitely think Anfisa had dumped him, but her next mark had dumped her, so she decided to troll Jorge's waters for Chanel chum again. I'm kind of rooting for the lil grifter.

The only thing that I was envious of in the entire episode was the stash of old-school light bulbs Matt's mom had brought over.  And maybe the rotisserie chicken. But definitely the light bulbs.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Lola16 said:

Matt from KY - first glance, ok he's a goober who rushes things, is way too close to his family etc.  But then... look at him..  He gets all 5 year old excited and animated and then, switch off, blank face, dead eyes. Maybe he has a temper? Could be. Maybe he's a lying sociopath? Possible.  I'd venture that despite all the Christian praying, he's a very kinky boy. Why is there a stripper pole in his house?  Could be a swinger.  Could be Captain Save a Ho.

Jorge, I'm cheering for Anfisa to wipe you out. I don't believe you own any of those cars. Probably one day leases. Maybe the secret is you still live at home and you are leveraged to the hilt.  And letting her have your passwords?  What's to stop her from posting Craig's list ads with your info selling pot (illegally) so you get busted?  Just cross her wrong and see.

Nicole still pathetic. Stupid. Lazy. Boring. I feel for the child.  When they showed her house, it looked like a housing project.

Chantel - I know gf doesn't have much money, going for her BS in Nursing at a community college (since when do they offer 4 year degrees?). But that apartment? Walk right into the bedroom?  Looks like a converted motel.

Two year colleges now offer BA/BS degrees.

21 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Anfisa and Jorge: Like a horror movie where you cheer on the monster.  I just want to FF to get to the part where the rubber lipped monster leaves nothing but tumbleweeds in all his bank accounts and nothing in his pockets but lint and marijuana stems. The only question for me is whether she leaves him in a motel bathroom ice bath with organs missing.

Embarrassing myself laughing on the subway! Outstanding. 

I struggle to have pity for Nicole when she is more or less abandoning her child. You leave for FIVE WEEKS and the child is TWO? It almost makes it worse that Nicole seemed to be an engaged mother and May was clearly bonded to Nicole. Way to wreck all that trust. Maybe the sister actually wants to keep May permanently and figures that she's better off without her flighty mom.  

• Love 4

The community colleges by me (3 different counties) only offer the prep courses and an AAS in nursing. I still think Chantel is exaggerating.

Nicole doesn't live at either parent's home; it looks like she lives in section 8 housing; it looked like one of those roadside truck stop motels.  Perhaps her parents are practicing tough love after Nicole's string of bad decisions (according to Nicole herself).  I also think if her sister didn't agree to watch May, Nicole would have left her with a friend.  5 weeks is a very long time to go to Morocco to be with someone you don't know. Is she staying with him and his family?  That ought to be ripe.

Not sure why Azan was surprised how fat Nicole is. If he got a glimpse of her upper arms, he'd have known.  Maybe she has a fun house mirror filter on her webcam.  She certainly is delusional if she thinks a personal trainer is going to be interested in someone who is morbidly obese other than trying to get them to lose weight.

• Love 7

I finally watched the episode! Azan was a lot nicer than I imagined when speaking about how Nicole looked. He said she was cute, but as nicely as possible, said that she was bigger than expected. 

Honestly, I  really hope he doesn't marry her. He will definitely be unhappy. She acts like a 12 year old speaking about her middle school crush. And I have to wonder how many boys/men were her "soul-mate" before Azan appeared in the picture. She seems like the kind of girl who easily falls in love, invests herself in a person she barely knows, and then crashes and burns when it doesn't work out. She is unstable all around and I hope her daughter isn't too affected by this. 

Jorge and Anfisa...ugh. She really looks grotesque. All that plastic surgery ruined her face. It looks like she will melt if she gets too much sun. 

And Jorge. Damn. That guy is an idiot. He is trying way too hard to impress her. I see him going bankrupt to keep a vile woman, who obviously doesn't love him, happy. 

I love how he thinks that others are envious of him because he got someone "hot." But, dude just looks pathetic because he is buying whatever he calls love. Everyone on the outside sees this except him.  He really needs to work on his self esteem before entering any kind of relationship. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm curious why it's taken her 8 years and counting. Maybe her cheer salary is paying for her education?

It looked to me like she was just assisting her mother with her mother's cheering "business".  Don't know if she does it on her own.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Also has a butt job.  Either implants or Brazilian butt lift (as modeled by the Kardashians).

You're right about the butt job.  I wonder if Jorge paid for all of that.  Maybe a pimp, sucker, or boyfriend paid for it.

What's interesting about Nicole and Azan is that from what was shown, he sent her full body videos, maybe she never did. 

I think Nicole's family is agreeable to think because Nicole isn't going to Morocco alone, she's going with a camera crew; so her family feels she's be relatively safe; also it will give Nicole a chance to watch herself.  Most of us never actually watch ourselves doing things.  Maybe Nicole will get some "self awareness" of how she comes across and realize that she needs to take care of her daughter and herself AND leave the men alone for now.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

While there are cases where I think a co-sponsor is warranted--you've been abroad like Chelsea of Chelsea and Yamir was and you have a genuine relationship but no US income because you haven't lived there in a while--in Nicole's case, it would be super easy for her parents to shut this down. They could say, "OK, you're in love with a Moroccan, but prove you're capable of supporting him in the US by getting a job that would satisfy the financial requirements of the K1." DaNicole would probably find someone closer to home then. But then again, debt-ridden Danielle managed to find someone to help her sponsor Moho.

I don't think Jorge is trans because I'm sure they have had sex if Jorge put down $70,000 already. Maybe she doesn't know his money comes from weed? He looks to me mostly like he has an overadundance of estrogen from being fat.

• Love 3

I agree with the theory that Jorge's secret is financial. But he's going to hide that for as long as he can because he knows that when she finds out the truth, she's outta there. So far he's been trying to put her off with vague statements like "that's not a good use of money" and by substituting the gift she wants with something much less expensive. He thinks those cheaper gifts are just as good, but of course they aren't, because (a) they are cheaper, (b) they aren't specifically what she asked for, and probably (c) because he has no taste. That has been his strategy so far, and it worked when she was in another country. I think it just has her convinced that he's being cheap and all she has to do is come to America and get naked and his wallet will open up.

But I don't think Jorge will completely impoverish himself for her. His business means a lot to him. He will work hard to make as much money as he can, but he won't bankrupt himself. The two of them are headed for an inevitable standoff when she realizes he can't or won't support the lifestyle she thinks she deserves and she'll leave. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen in the 90 days. Unless she finds a better prospect in three months, she'll go ahead and marry him.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I don't know why Nicole's parents haven't stopped her. Maybe they all wanted to be on TV. Maybe they do want her to see what a fool she's being. This is not going to end well.

I think it was a combo of TLC money and a way to put the whole "I found  the love of my life" thing to rest. Her parents seem like nice people and they probably figured she could use the TLC money to get ahead in life. I'm not sure how much TLC pays, but it's surely enough to make a huge difference in the life of someone like Nicole, young, probably uneducated and  a single mom. And they are probably sick of hearing about this hair brained scheme of her and TLC an and their money and the   relative safety of a production team seemed like an ideal solution to the problem

• Love 3
15 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

I hesitate to say this, as it will definitely show my age but..oh well, here goes.......Matt--if Ken Berry and Tiny Tim had a son.

I agree there is something off about Jorge--hubby thinks he is either bi or trans.  I think he is accustomed to being emasculated as he said he has 4 or 5 sisters.  I feel a little sorry for him, he's going to lose everything to this man-eater.

Don't like Chantel--there is something phony and diva-esque about her.  At her young age, she has already written off American men because they don't treat her the way she wants to be treated?  Okkkkk.

I agree with those who say Nicole seems a little slow--even though she is of legal age and has a child, her family should have stepped in and explained the consequences to her.  Maybe they tried but she won't listen, apparently she has a history of poor decisions.

But she's in LUUUURRRRVVV, with the Lurv of her life. Would she listen, is the biggest question. I'd bet little money I have on, ''uh, no? *insert stupid giggle*''

7 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

I finally watched the episode! Azan was a lot nicer than I imagined when speaking about how Nicole looked. He said she was cute, but as nicely as possible, said that she was bigger than expected. 

Honestly, I  really hope he doesn't marry her. He will definitely be unhappy. She acts like a 12 year old speaking about her middle school crush. And I have to wonder how many boys/men were her "soul-mate" before Azan appeared in the picture. She seems like the kind of girl who easily falls in love, invests herself in a person she barely knows, and then crashes and burns when it doesn't work out. She is unstable all around and I hope her daughter isn't too affected by this. 

Jorge and Anfisa...ugh. She really looks grotesque. All that plastic surgery ruined her face. It looks like she will melt if she gets too much sun. 

And Jorge. Damn. That guy is an idiot. He is trying way too hard to impress her. I see him going bankrupt to keep a vile woman, who obviously doesn't love him, happy. 

I love how he thinks that others are envious of him because he got someone "hot." But, dude just looks pathetic because he is buying whatever he calls love. Everyone on the outside sees this except him.  He really needs to work on his self esteem before entering any kind of relationship. 

This. Reminds me of these 12-15 years old girls speaking of their boyfriends as the love of their lives. I totally see May leaving her mother's house and going to live with grandma/autie before she even reaches high school age. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I think it was a combo of TLC money and a way to put the whole "I found  the love of my life" thing to rest. Her parents seem like nice people and they probably figured she could use the TLC money to get ahead in life. I'm not sure how much TLC pays, but it's surely enough to make a huge difference in the life of someone like Nicole, young, probably uneducated and  a single mom. And they are probably sick of hearing about this hair brained scheme of her and TLC an and their money and the   relative safety of a production team seemed like an ideal solution to the problem

Each couple gets $2,000 per episode this year, so she'll get $1,000 for every episode she's in.

5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I watched but missed where Jorge said he has a secret, can someone fill me in?? thanks! 

No one knows what it is yet, but you might check the spoiler/speculation thread.

• Love 1

Is it Jorge with the medical pot business?  Well, what a sap. She must be desperate for a green card and he gets bragging rights, I wonder if she will ever let him consummate the marriage?  It seemed like Jorge was in a hotel room, I wonder why?

What is it with these people, the guy promises the sun, the moon and the stars and can't afford that lifestyle and the overseas people are actually surprised by that? Really?  I think I have reached my limit of stupid people but I just can't look away.

• Love 4