Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

I seem to remember someone (or two) saying that TLC distorted their story, that they had met the person on a trip, not online. But TLC didn't want that angle, they wanted them to appear to be total strangers except online. I wonder if the government contacted them and started asking tough questions and they decided they'd better straighten up?

On 8/22/2016 at 10:39 PM, merylinkid said:

By feminist Jorge means "knows her rights if they divorce."   He's hoping that either the wifey won't dump his ass, or if he decides to dump her she will take whatever pittance he is willing to hand out.   

I don't think so...not right away anyway.  I've read a lot of commentary online by men who want a more traditional wife...and there's nothing wrong with that.  It was my impression that was what he meant.  

• Love 4
On 8/23/2016 at 10:11 AM, okerry said:

C'mon, kids, what do we think Jorge's secret is? The one he's worried about, yet he knows his psycho fiancee will find out about sooner or later?

1) He's gay. (Doubtful, the way he goes after the women.)

2) He's trans. (Don't really think so, but this is reality TV.)

3) He's got at least one child somewhere, maybe in foreign countries. (I'm betting on that one.)

4) a very tiny "member."

On 8/23/2016 at 11:26 AM, millennium said:

As a transgender person (FWIW, I hate "trans" the way gay people hate "homo"), I can reliably tell you that many of my sisters would be pleased as punch to look like the fiancee.  

if that's your real picture then you look very nice.

• Love 1

For those interested, some sleuthing has uncovered a couple of VisaJourney (A website K1/and CR1 Visa users use to track their visa process) profiles:

Here is Jorge and Anfisa:
http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=229389

And

Narkyia & Olulowo:
http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=230981

BIG interesting note on these: According to their timelines, neither have actually received their K-1 Visas yet. I don't know if they just aren't updated or if the show is playing fast and loose with timelines.

1 hour ago, Clinko said:

For those interested, some sleuthing has uncovered a couple of VisaJourney (A website K1/and CR1 Visa users use to track their visa process) profiles:

Here is Jorge and Anfisa:
http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=229389

And

Narkyia & Olulowo:
http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=230981

BIG interesting note on these: According to their timelines, neither have actually received their K-1 Visas yet. I don't know if they just aren't updated or if the show is playing fast and loose with timelines.

My guess is that they agreed to cut their social media presence when cast to prevent spoilers as past cast members had

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

4) a very tiny "member."

if that's your real picture then you look very nice.

You're kind :)   The photo is actually the character "Lucy Butler" from the television show "Millennium."

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:03 PM, Nancybeth said:

But all of these couples (I think) first "met" online, through a computer.  The previous seasons featured at least a few couples that became acquainted in more natural spontaneous ways, in real life, before embarking on a relationship.  I'm not slamming online relationships, I'm just saying that we don't have any couples this year who didn't initially meet online, if that makes sense. 

That was the first thing I noticed.  In the prior seasons, the majority of couples met while on vacation, working, studying, and/or ministering abroad; so, I wonder why they only chose couples that met online. 

Edited by Adeejay
  21 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

And he spent $70k on her and he drives what looks like a Honda? Anfisa can't be seen driving around in a Honda!

Next episode previews shows him in something that looks pretty darn fancy. 

I'm guessing that 70K is a fairly significant portion of his income. He may already be scraping the bottom of his pocketbook.

Anfisa's actions reminded me of a... how do you say in English? A criminal. She reminded me of a criminal.

If he marries her, he had better not take out any life insurance on himself! Seriously.

• Love 18

You guys! I don't know if I can watch this season. It's all a bit sad...especially the Nicole and Jorge situations.

Jorge just needs to pay a dominatrix here in the states. It would be so much cheaper for him!

The worst part was after she screwed him over did he get angry with her? No. I mean she had just LOCKED HIM OUT OF HIS OWN ACCOUNTS!

Jorge just sat there staring at the cameras like a deer in the headlights, like, "I don't know what to do..."

Jorge is an invertebrate.

• Love 12

Nicole is definitely Dani 2.0. Very sad to watch. Her brother's like, "Are you going to learn anything about the far away place you are traveling to?" And, she's like, "Nope."

And she's found herself another distant Muslim man. Something tells me it's going to be Ramadan 24-7.

Even Mohamed could kind of pretend on the Skype. The disappointment in Azan's voice was palpable when Nicole said, "Want to talk to my daughter?"

He's like,"Uh, oh yeah, she's uh... cute. Not like you."

Something tells me he's not a kid person.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm guessing that 70K is a fairly significant portion of his income. He may already be scraping the bottom of his pocketbook.

Anfisa's actions reminded me of a... how do you say in English? A criminal. She reminded me of a criminal.

If he marries her, he had better not take out any life insurance on himself! Seriously.

She'll take out a huge insurance policy on him, since she's into all of his accounts, his electronic signature is just a click away. She can charge it on his credit card, online, since she will have access to that also. Then we'll hear about it on the news, a mysterious death from anti-freeze poisoning in his milkshake. She'll flee back to Russia.... but we'll know. We'll know.

Azan is after a green card. It's so obvious to anyone but Nicole. He proposed too quick.

• Love 13

So Jorge (pronounced George?) makes a 6 figure income but there is a big difference between $100,000 and $999,999 so really who knows what he makes but I'm sure as shit he can't keep up with the amount of spending he'll he required to do to keep his Russian courtesan. I'm willing to bet she's got this going on with several dudes. She's no dummy. 

Maybe I should feel bad for Jorge but he's totally complicit with this relationship. He clearly stated he fell in love with her upon seeing her photo. He seems to value looks over anything else as she does with money so enjoy the arrangement Jorge because you know or hopefully, be self aware to know if he didn't bankroll her lavish, infantile requests she'll move on. And probably even if he does. And no way do I believe he'll be able to sustain this level of spending. But dude gave her his Apple password?  What a moron   

Please make it a requirement to take an IQ test before being on this show. Nicole seems gullible, childlike and naive and her daughter at two seems to be more high functioning than she. I know she's an adult and her parents can't forbid her to go but I think I would have gone with her. For someone who lacks understanding social nuances going to another country could be dangerous proposition. She'll stand out too much. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Nicole is definitely Dani 2.0. Very sad to watch. Her brother's like, "Are you going to learn anything about the far away place you are traveling to?" And, she's like, "Nope."

This was the point I stopped feeling even slightly sorry for Nicole and her naivete. She's going to go spend 5 weeks in a place she only recently discovered exists, that is clearly quite different than any place she's been in her life, and she's just gonna wing it?! Yeah, good luck with that. I won't even diss her for being away from her toddler that long, since the kid could benefit from time with the smarter sister.

I don't have enough to call her Dani 2.0, however. She's not a sad sack, and we don't know anything about her finances yet. But the dude is totally Mo 2.0. His location of MO even matches! ;)

Edited by Squirrely
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So Jorge (pronounced George?) 

Most Jorge's that I know go by George when many if not most other Latinos stick with the Spanish name and pronunciation 

• Love 1

All of their casting videos are up on the 90 Day Fiancé Facebook page.

I was intrigued to find out Chantel was introduced to Pedro through her high school Spanish teacher.

She also said when she went to the Dominican Republic to met him it was the first time she had been anywhere except Georgia or Florida. That surprised me for some reason. She struck me as someone who had traveled a bit beyond one neigboring state.

If any of that was mentioned on the show I missed it. 

Edited by Cara
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Oh my gosh, I started cracking up after you pointed out the way Matt gesticulates so avidly when he's on Skype! He's like a six-year-old wired up on sugar!

Meanwhile, she's like, "I'm packing." *Yawn.* "See you soon."

When I saw Matt Skyping and excitedly gesticulating like a long lost member of the Village People all I could think was, "please don't let me see a boner."

• Love 3

What kind of idiot gives out his phone and email password?  To what purpose?  He's spent $70K on this one, he could have had a year's worth of hookers for less.  Oh well, she'll clean him out and he can cry and get stoned on all that pot of his.

• Love 3

Finally was able to watch this, but Comcast decided to insert commercials directly into the show, thereby deleting whole sections.  (On Demand is getting suckier all the time.)  I only saw the first minute of Jorge's conversation with his sister.  What was discussed?  I gather something about him selling medical marijuana and something about feminism?  Someone please fill me in (in detail!). 

On 8/25/2016 at 3:59 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

Ok, that line made me laugh out loud.

I totally agree. Her erasing his phone and locking him out of his email was so fast! Like when you hear about those people who call unsuspecting computer owners to tell them they have a virus on their computer, gain control of the computer and then wipe it clean unless the person pays them with a credit card.

I wonder if Anfisa saw that and thought "hmmm, that's a good way to get a purse."

• Love 6

Damn, this season seems really juicy. I honestly don't understand how these people can get married so quickly. They "know" each other for a few weeks, at best, and they want to get married. 

It's obvious that most of them are not really in love, but in lust. I noticed that none of them spoke about the character of the person, only their looks. 

Another Dani 2.0, this should be really interesting. I am Muslim and from the Middle East, and it baffles me that these women don't educate themselves before going to country whose population is mostly Muslim. P.D.A. is frowned upon and I noticed that Dani and this new girl got offended when they were shut down. 

The Moroccan guy seems like the type of guy many girls I know have married. They see someone from the States and automatically assume that they are drowning in cash. The citizenship is also great bonus. But, when they get married and come to states, it's a reality check for them. They quickly realize that they have to learn English, get a job, and provide to make it. Once they start learning the ways, most of the time they cheat and the marriage ends i divorce.

This type of situation happened to a few girls I know. They were getting "old," which means their late 20's and above or they thought that no guy would want them because they weren't the prettiest, and were pressured by their family to settle. They settled and became alone again. 

• Love 3

I like Chantel but I did not like the way she was dressed to go to the airport. 

Yup.  I was like "Flats?  Really?"  

I think she was doing the overcoat, naked underneath.

Nicole is a freaking trainwreck!  Oh my!  

• Love 1
On August 23, 2016 at 11:33 PM, realitymaven said:

I'm wondering if this one goes off the rails before she gets to sponsor him. 

Not to be blunt, but don't you need to prove you have assets in order to sponsor someone for a K-1 visa? Who would possibly be putting up the money for this guy? Because it's definitely not her...

Ditto to what everyone's said about Jorge. Why is it that every season we get (at least) one of these boneheads who is going to Asia or Eastern Europe because they don't like feminist American women? So sorry that his submissive Russian flower deleted his contacts. Idiot.

ETA: As an openly feminist American woman, I have never: 1) Asked a partner for his e-mail/social media passwords, 2) hacked a partner's online accounts, 3) asked a partner to buy me a designer item or, indeed, anything... at all.

Edited by LaChavalina
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, LaChavalina said:

Not to be blunt, but don't you need to prove you have assets in order to sponsor someone for a K-1 visa? Who would possibly be putting up the money for this guy? Because it's definitely not her...

Ditto to what everyone's said about Jorge. Why is it that every season we get (at least) one of these boneheads who is going to Asia or Eastern Europe because they don't like feminist American women? So sorry that his submissive Russian flower deleted his contacts. Idiot.

ETA: As an openly feminist American woman, I have never: 1) Asked a partner for his e-mail/social media passwords, 2) hacked a partner's online accounts, 3) asked a partner to buy me a designer item or, indeed, anything... at all.

It is not much just a regular income, not negotiable assets of savings of 125% of the federal poverty guidelines or around $20,000 for a family of two.

• Love 1

She doesn't have that kind of money from what we've been shown. I'm more inclined to believe that the producers saw a trainwreck coming down the tracks and are flying her over to see him, film the battle and follow her breakdown and aftermath. They have no shame.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Raja said:

It is not much just a regular income, not negotiable assets of savings of 125% of the federal poverty guidelines or around $20,000 for a family of two.

It's about $20,000 for just the American and the scammer, and about an extra $5,000 for each dependent. Danielle Jr would need to make $25,000 to import her green card scammer. Which I doubt she does. She most likely has a co-sponsor or two helping her out.

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If Dani could scrounge up the money I'd believe anyone could. I wonder if TLC helps to grease the skids to make sure the trainweck ensues for our viewing enjoyment and their bottom line. 

Dani couldn't come up with the money (fun fact: she even sent the papers for the green card without a check). She had to have co-sponsor(s) all along the way.

• Love 2

I'm more inclined to believe that the producers saw a trainwreck coming down the tracks and are flying her over to see him, film the battle and follow her breakdown and aftermath. They have no shame.

Me neither! I can't wait to see the trip to Morocco. Or the catfish. I'm just so excited about the show coming back.

• Love 1

I am just completely baffled by Nicole. Who goes to Morocco without doing research? Especially if you are dating a Moroccan man! My boyfriend and I were in Europe this year and we decided to take a weekend trip to Morocco, meaning we spent a total of 3 days there. I did so much research as I have never been to a country even remotely like it! I learned what was acceptable and what was not...For a 3 day trip! I spent hours online learning things like women should be covered, not because they have to but out of respect for the locals. The day we landed it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit and I wore a long sleeved linen shirt and a maxi skirt the entire day. And it is not just about keeping your skin covered, but it is also recommended to wear a hair covering so I had a scarf around my hair the entire time. To see Nicole in the previews walking around with sleeveless shirts and capris and her loose hair, that is highly offensive for the locals there. I cannot imagine she met his family like that because I'm sure they would take offense! I wore sunglasses even at night, to avoid eye contact with the local men. I wore a fake wedding ring and my boyfriend and I told everyone we were married. Finally, my boyfriend is and I are both very affectionate with each other, meaning we are constantly holding hands or sneaking little peck kisses and, while it was supremely difficult for both of us, we managed to walk around with our hands completely off each other because we knew PDA was a huge no no. 

Granted, there were a few ugly American tourists like Nicole in my trip there who were walking around in booty shorts and tank tops and it just made no sense to me. I understand that it is not our custom and I'm as feminist as Jorge hates, but you are a guest in their country and there is a little something called R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I will say this, one of the girls who was staying in the same hotel as us was from America and walking around the markets without following the norms of covering herself and she ended up getting spit on by a local one day when she was out in Daisy Dukes and a sleeveless...And I can't say that I felt bad for her for it. 

• Love 17
On 8/24/2016 at 10:38 AM, millennium said:

The only red flag that went up for me was when Chantel said "I want to be treated like a princess."   So maybe she is more self-aware than we suspect, and has expectations and standards that may be entirely over the top, like what's-her-face from last season who insisted her fiance become a model. 

That's exactly what I picked up.  Plus, she's telling a pretty serious and convoluted lie to her parents.  A liar who lives with (off?) her parents and expects to be treated like a princess.  Not such a great catch. 

• Love 3

I hate when girls say that they want to be treated like a princess or a queen. How about wanting to be treated with respect and love?

All of these people are in lust, not love. Not one of them commented on the other person's personality, just how "sexy" or "hot" they are. That is the number one mistake, the marriages are all based on looks alone. 

Nicole is just incredibly stupid. She should know that P.D.A. is frowned upon in most countries where the predominate religion is Islam. Not to study or read about a country that she probably never even knew existed, is incredibly stupid. If this guy uses her, then I don't have any sympathy for her because she was warned by her family.

She obviously needs a male to give her affection and he was the first one in a long time that happened to do so. She needs to see a therapist and take care of her daughter. What kind of person brings rushes into a marriage, with a person she only knew for a few weeks, and brings him/her to their house around their children?

She seems like the type of girl who always needs attention from men to feel self- worthy, but she holds too much stock in relationships. She is going to get hurt and the cycle is just going to repeat itself. 

Jorge is DUMB! I seriously can't believe that he actually thinks this bimbo is in love with him, not his money. HELLO!! She is demanding you to buy her $10,000 purses and throws a fit when not given one. His self- esteem must be in the ground because no sane person would spend $70,000 on someone that they spent a week with. 

The common denominator with all of these people is that they have low self- esteem and no self- worth. Most of them are being bamboozled and they are too blinded with lust to even notice. 

Edited by Suzy123
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Thanks!  Wonder why the long break?

They released the first one to create social media buzz with hopes that will keep people watching when the other series introduce new episodes.

• Love 3

I watched this last night. 

OMG, These people need a serious reality check. 

Nicole=Dani 2.0 (BTW, I think she and Mohammad are getting a new show?).  I kind of felt for Nicole.  She met her daughter's dad on the Internet too, and at 18 moved to Texas to be with him?  Then when she got pregnant, I guess the guy went 'see you.'  Sad, but the woman didn't learn from that.  Beware of guys you meet on the Internet.  I don't think it was all that strange for her not to know where Morocco is; she probably doesn't know how many states there are in the USA.  I didn't like the racist shit her family was saying about not going to Morocco, but I think they were trying to scare her.

Jorge, ugh what a gross person.  All American women are feminists?  His definition of feminist probably means, "don't take any shit from trolls like him."  I hope Russian woman takes him to the cleaners.  How does she have the password to HIS phone?  She's playing him, she wants to see how much shit he'll take from him. 

Chantel is hot but I get the feeling she thinks she's more "all that" than she really is.  However, in Atlanta there is a shortage of black men who actually want to marry black women so there is that. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

Nicole has internet access so she should be able to look of Morocco. Once she found out (or was told) that MO stood for Morocco, it's just another click or 2 away to find out any info. Perhaps she's lazy. Or depressed. Unmotivated. Living in a fantasy world. Any combination of those.  I feel for her daughter.

The way TLC is billing this season lets us know exactly what they have in mind.  And anyone else who signs up for this, you were warned!

I think each of the previous seasons, there were at least 2 couples that appeared to be genuine.  This season... nope.

And yes, Dani & Mo are backkkkkkkkkkk! There was a special episode last night that recapped their year and teases out what's to come.  (More of the same.)  There's a whole follow-up show with couples from various seasons. Might have to set my DVR for that.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, fuzzylollipop said:

@Neurochick there was a Dani and Mo show last night?! I missed it. 

I stopped feeling bad for Dani five minutes into her first time on my screen, I will never forget the image of her whimpering and crying around the airport looking for Mo like a lost toddler at the grocery store. You're right, she wanted a boy toy to love and she got a boy tou to love. I hope her daughters become doctors or something and get far away from that mess. 

It was a "greatest hits" moments from their season and ended with new stuff because they're going to be on the show that comes on after 90 Day Fiancee, "Happily Ever After" or something like that.  The program was called "Danielle and Mohammad:  our journey so far."

No way would Danni miss the opportunity to be on TV!

Frankly, if you don't know where Morocco is, you probably shouldn't go there to meet your future husband.

I thought those two Eastern European women looked rough as all hell; but I guess these guys want women who aren't "feminists."  I hope Anfisa cleans Jorge out.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I'm working my magic skills and making a prediction before we really get into the season. I think Azan might turn out to be a decent human being and not come to the US with Nicole.

Plenty of happy couples do meet online. And if it ends up getting you into a better life situation, like coming to the US from Morocco, all the better. Nothing wrong with people dreaming.

But I'm thinking that Nicole isn't in person like how she was able to represent herself online to Azan. It's easy to be OK in small bits. He has no excuse for being surprised about her size though. It's not like she was hiding on Skype. I think he might pull the plug after spending actual time with her and her ignorant, clingy self.

I'm trying to remember if any of their scenes seem to take place here, or if they all look like they were filmed in Morocco. I think they all seem African.

It's not fair to call Azan another Mo. He comes across as way less sleazy. He doesn't make me feel the need to shower, at least not yet. We'll see what happens. I can't wait for Sunday!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Plenty of happy couples do meet online. And if it ends up getting you into a better life situation, like coming to the US from Morocco, all the better. Nothing wrong with people dreaming.

This is true.  But, most couples that meet online are similar in many ways; from the same country, same race, same religion, or all three. Nicole saw Azan, thought he was hot and decided that he was for her, even though she doesn't know anything about his country, or religion.  Azan may not be like Mohammad, but to me, Nicole does come across like Danni 2.0.

My real problem with Nicole is that she has a young daughter.  I don't think it's wise for her to bring a complete stranger into her home, with her daughter.  I'm not saying that every man is a child molester, but Nicole doesn't really know Azan; and when you have a child, you have to be more careful who you let into your home.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

I took that comment to mean that all the scenes shown seemed African, as in they were all filmed while she was in Morocco as opposed to them showing Azan actually being here in the US.

Nicole's size was probably not as clear through computer since she would only be filming from the chest up. He probably did realize that she was overweight in the face, but once she stood and he could see a full body shot, it became clearer to him that she was heavy. The preview clips make it look like she is trying to cling to him, even though he tries to tell her that it isn't proper, and she starts to pout. I do hope he calls it off if that bothers him instead of leading her on, because she isn't going to get better. She will, however, pull a Dani and get right back on that foreign husband horse. Mohammed was Dani's second Muslim catch; the first had her twisted up in some type of banking fraud. I know she isn't bright, but man, it's hard to feel sorry for her. It looks like Nicole is going to be another person I just want to see locked in a room by her family until she gains 20 IQ points. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Christina said:

It looks like Nicole is going to be another person I just want to see locked in a room by her family until she gains 20 IQ points. 

I agree, but you know people will do what they want to do and there's no stopping them.  Meaning some people have to learn the hard way.

• Love 2