Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

God help me, but I don't think it's her hook she wants in his mouth ....

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I am so glad I was home when I read that be cause I am 12. Dani wishes she could have gotten his hook on her mouth.

I'm confused.

I feel I'm embarrassing myself here, but did anyone else notice that the car Jorge "bought" to bring Anfisa home from the airport is an Audi sports car, the same one that Christian Grey drives in "50 Shades of Grey?"  Maybe Jorge's secret is that he wants to be a dom or has other subs.

• Love 5

Oy I don't have a phd, my sister does, but I am smart enough never to do this..................oh heavens.  Nicole you are a sad sad person.  My advice to her is you could have purchased a nice sex toy with all that money you spent and saved yourself a lot of grief.  Jorge what can I say the car had a plate on it that said Auto Gallery...I didn't know that dealer plates go on a new car you just bought.  He keeps calling her My Love...gag gag gag my husband and I have been together for 230 years and my nickname is Seahag. ...has always been.....so when he calls me that I know he cares...but if he said My Love to me I think its time to up the life insurance because he may been close to dying...

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I feel I'm embarrassing myself here, but did anyone else notice that the car Jorge "bought" to bring Anfisa home from the airport is an Audi sports car, the same one that Christian Grey drives in "50 Shades of Grey?"  Maybe Jorge's secret is that he wants to be a dom or has other subs.

No... Anfisa is his Christian Grey!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I swear if any of us were paying attention, we'd have seen Azan blinking "HELP ME" into the camera.

I apologize for not learning Morse code. Maybe chew your arm off? Worked for Mo.

LOL, classic Brooklinista folks!!!

• Love 6

Nicole really reminds me of Danielle.  A harsh word?  Bring on the fake tears and the nestling of the head in the man's chest.  Keep trying to grab him even when he pulls away.  She is very manipulative although she tries to act innocent.  The five weeks she spent in Morocco?  Probably  the best opportunity for her daughter to experience emotional and physical stability.

• Love 10

Hilarious article, Beth! Alla definitely did not deserve the interrogation! What a nightmare. At least they weren't wearing lights this time.

Anfisa is turning out to be a delightful reality TV villain! And Jorge clearly has trouble in life deciding whom to trust and distrust. His heart is her piñata. I'm really wondering what Jorge's secrets could be? What was he doing with a huge amount of cash in his apartment? Was he hiding it from Uncle Sam? I'm starting to wonder if he's skating on thin financial ice. Like, he's got tens of thousands of dollars to throw around now, but it's his last tens of thousands of dollars. And maybe soon after they are married his pockets will be empty? If he's expecting her to love him for himself, he's going to be sorely disappointed. She won't even like him for himself.

Nicole, you poor, big, sloppy American you. Way to represent! I thought it was really funny how offended she got at the notion that she should change one single thing about herself. "What? You want me to stop acting like a big baby and eat my vegetables? How dare you ask me to change!!!!" Yikes, she is a disaster. And again, she seems to find all of the attention and criticism fun and funny. It's a Mama June thing.

When she stumbled off that plane, Azan seemed to have genuine feelings for her and he was willing to work with her on the relationship. However, she is going to completely wreck things in a matter of days. And then, he will have to decide, how badly does he want to go to the United States?

Seriously, this poor woman doesn't have enough self-control to quit glomming onto him for five minutes. And we haven't even gotten to the tantrums yet. Look out, Morocco!

We haven't even seen the parental visit yet.....ah yes, I expect that will go really well.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

You can go to jail over there for kissing in public and him having sex with her is bad!

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/10/teenage-kiss-arrests-spark-furore-morocco-2013102282027588248.html

That's what's kind of shocking. I wonder if Nicole (or anyone around her) really considered the long-term consequences of her bad behavior. Not just that she's acting like an "ugly American," but she demonstrates no respect for rules/laws/customs. If a prospective employer ever Googles her, what do you think they'll make of that?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, okerry said:

If they hadn't shown Nicole's family - who seemed to be normal, nice, and supportive - my first thought would have been that Nicole was the victim of some kind of sexual abuse when younger. Now, of course it's not true in every case, but things like obesity (using food for emotional comfort) along with very careless promiscuity can be red flags for previous abuse.

The other family members, IIRC, did not have the same obese, trashy look that Nicole has nor did they seem as downright idiotic as she comes off. Would love to know what happened to set Nicole on the path she's on.

I'm guessing brain damage.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, liammaam said:

See, I don't see him fat shaming at all.  I don't think he ever saw her whole body until meeting in person (and she doesn't glam up or dress up ever, it appears).  I think he was genuinely surprised that she looks like she did.  As an overweight girl myself, I am usually WAY sensitive to fat shaming, but HE never said she needed to change, SHE said that eating healthier and exercising was him saying he wants to change her.  I mean... he's into to that stuff, so it makes sense he wants her to be into those things, too.

I don't know- you might be right.  He certainly seems to get really nasty really quick in the previews... of course, his freaking LIFE is on the line because she is not respecting the Muslim culture over there.  I'd probably get mean, too.

Agree with everything you've said here. 

I think he was a little surprised by her "in real life size" and is being chill about it. He doesn't seem like he wants to be a jerk, but they are in real danger of the consequences there if they break the laws - and she seems to give zero f's about that. She's completely clueless and probably assumes that as an American she'll be fine... if she only knew...

• Love 9

Do Matt's eyebrows (and all his male relatives) make you ITCH to be able to tweeze them a little bit? I was trying to think why they bother me so much. I thought their eyebrows reminded me of Oscar the Grouch, or Bert (the Muppet), but I googled them, and those are unibrows..so no.

Then I realized they kind of have Andy Rooney eyebrows.

Ps I don't think men need metrosexual eyebrows, but thin them a LITTLE.

rooney.jpg

I'm going to make a guess here about Jorge's secret. It's only a guess. My guess is that he has done prison time relating to drugs. Landlords do criminal background checks and google checks on renters, hotels don't.  His offense might have been related to growing marijuana in a previous home/apartment. 

I don't think TLC would feature a registered sex offender on the show and then tease his secret and then have him discuss that he's a registered sex offender.

I don't think he's having money problems, hotels are really expensive in California.

Nicole is a mess but I don't know why people "feel bad" for Azan. The guy was trawling online dating websites looking for a desperate Western woman who will marry him so he can get out of Morocco.  He found one. 

Lastly, in defense of Nicole, I travel internationally a lot, and the practice in some countries of not bringing drinks first is really annoying. I'll go out with chicks in Asia, sit at the table, and I'm ready to order a Coke or beer. She'll start reading the menu cover to cover.  Sometimes I'll press the issue by asking her what she wants to drink, and when she finally tells me, I'll flag down the waiter and say "We'd like two cokes, please."  Invariably, the waiter will say "OK" and then just stand there waiting for us to place our food orders. Foreigners are weird.  

• Love 8

Oh, I can't STAND Americans abroad who act disgusted by foreign food. If you go to Morocco, it's their country.

Nicole is a living reminder of the danger of feeding your kids off the American "children's menu." So you only eat "simple" foods like hot dogs and mac & cheese, huh? How's that working for ya?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

Not just that she's acting like an "ugly American," but she demonstrates no respect for rules/laws/customs. If a prospective employer ever Googles her, what do you think they'll make of that?

I don't think they'll care too much as long as they can confirm that she can say "would you like fries with that?" Because...now making change and finding the corresponding picture on the register may be hard especially with places moving towards healthier options that include more vegetables.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, okerry said:

No, of course I didn't say her parents should "hate" each other. I said it's not appropriate for them to mix the two new families together. Her parents can talk to each other if and when it's necessary for the children. Otherwise, their time and loyalty belongs to their new partners and they should not be spending that time socializing with the old ones. Because boundaries. 

ETA: I didn't catch that it was Nicole's bio-mom and bio-dad who drove her to the airport. IMO, that is completely inappropriate. If they're divorced, they should not be doing things together as if they were still a family. One of them should have gone with their new partner, not with their former one, to drive Nicole to the airport. The other parent could have said goodbye to her from their home, along with their new partner.

There's no greater recipe for disaster in a relationship - whether it was just dating or it was a marriage - than to stay "friends" and socialize with an ex and expect your new partner to be happy about that.

Didn't anyone here was MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT and saw how grating it was for Jamie to constantly go on and on about "My Ex" and wanted him and Doug to be friends? It was godawful, and what Nicole's family is doing is no different.

I'll say again: No wonder Nicole has zero sense of boundaries. Her parents and step-parents apparently have none, either.

This makes no sense whatsoever. She has two living parents. She is barely 22 and acts like a 15 year old. Obviously her parents need to drive her to the airport before she flies off to the Middle East to meet a complete stranger. The step-parents can say goodbye to her at home.

Parents have to do their job regardless if they are remarried.  Children come first.   They already messed up raising her properly, so the least they can do is give her a lift to the airport. 

• Love 22
23 hours ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Now I completely understand that there's a different level of "foreign-ness" in moving from a major US city over to London than there is moving from Bumblefuck, The South all the way to Morocco. However I feel like by getting to know someone deeply, really learning them, you can't help but take in a decent amount of detail about what life is like in their country, purely by osmosis. Sure, trying to prepare oneself to move to a far away country with a different language/alphabet and completely different customs and guidelines of propriety would be tremendously intimidating. She's bound to make a few little blunders as she experiences things in person for the first time. If she had a real, thorough, serious relationship with Azan, though, she would have picked up so much just from listening to him and wanting to know everything there is to know about him, as one does when they're in love. 

Just to make a quick clarification, Bradenton FL is half an hour away from Tampa FL which is very much not Bumblef*ck, the South .... just throwing it out htere that her unworldliness has nothing to do with there she came from but just a lack of curiosity period. 

• Love 5

If they're divorced, they should not be doing things together as if they were still a family. 

Who's to say Nicole's parents aren't still a family? They just aren't married. I guess my husband's family is doing it wrong. Everyone gathers to socialize at holidays, graduations, grandkids' sporting events, etc. I'm sure it's not easy all the time, but neither is getting along with my siblings. The "new" spouse has stuck around happily for 30+ years, including helping raise my husband. His dad and stepdad both stood up at our wedding. This is the least of my concerns about Nicole's family! They need a team effort to try and talk some sense into that girl.

• Love 16

Well, how classy of Nicole. I'm sure her little daughter will appreciate her having said stuff like this about her on Twitter as she gets older.

Sounds like she already is eating nice and healthy food from Mickey D's ( just like her mom.)

20160919_215654.png

19 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 2

Kiev would definitely still have big supermarkets, although you can go to a wet/farmer's-market type place. It's just that fruit is generally much smaller than it is in the US and more natural-looking. 

Matt's eyebrows are definitely weird--a combination of too-long and too-sparse hairs.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Well, how classy of Nicole. I'm sure her little daughter will appreciate her having said stuff like this about her on Twitter as she gets older.

Sounds like she already is eating nice and healthy food from Mickey D's ( just like her mom.)

20160919_215654.png

Wow...Nicole  looks much thinner in that picture. If that was the picture Azan saw, no wonder he was surprised by Nicole in real life -- even seeing neck up facetime video.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, pickle said:

if one is used to wet market/farm market kind of shopping setting, shopping in a supermarket can be a frustrating experience.

I'm used to shopping in HUGE supermarkets and I find them frustrating...especially when the are out of or discontinue selling items I like. I hate grocery shopping!

I messed up the quote, but seahag, I noticed he called her "My Love" a bazillion times. I laughed because she was not impressed! Now, if Jorge had called her "My Little Golddigger", her eyes may have lit up!

• Love 6

Shout out to all the Cinci folks!  We should do a finale viewing party. 

Matt is a creep for all the traveling he's forced Max and Alla into their first 24 hours in the US. Can they have a few moments to adjust?  I'm guessing he's driving around to show them all the family dealerships?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Who's to say Nicole's parents aren't still a family? They just aren't married.

Well, apparently they ARE married - to new partners. It is extremely disrespectful to still do "family" things with the old partner and leave the old one behind while you do.

What do people think divorce is for?? Obviously, they wanted to move on and did so - but wait, they still want to drop in on the old relationship when it's convenient and/or fun, like when there are birthdays, holidays, a kid going on a five-week trip overseas, or a TV show's being filmed.

You want a divorce, then be divorced. You want to stay married, stay married and find a way to make it work. Trying to blend the two together, as these people do, is going to lead to all sorts of complications and they've already got one: Nicole. And her child. Make that two.

All this does is teach the kids that "family" means you can drop in and out as you please. That it's fine to sometimes be a family with a former partner and sometimes with a new one. That's not "beautiful." It's incredibly selfish and simply trying to have it both ways. You can't. I'll bet the new partners are silently living in hell every time their new husband/wife goes off for family time with their former partner.

I still maintain that this is where Nicole got her ideas that relationships don't need boundaries. She has none and neither do any of her parents/step-parents. We can all see how well that's working for her.

Crikey, don't any of y'all watch *Sister Wives*, lol? 

just to give another perspective -- saw a huge food culture clash with Nicole/Azan as well as Alla's shopping trip. different cultures have different definitions of "big" and it sounded like Azan was expecting the moroccan definition of big. instead, he was surprised to see Nicole was bigger than what he was expecting. still he was quite polite with how he worded it. him telling her to lose weight and eat healthy -- how exactly is that wrong? the guy looked so confused and in over his head that Nicole seemed to take offense. in some places and cultures, people are very blunt and open when it comes to telling someone to lose weight and eat healthy -- it is seen as concern. food may not be part of private space and is an area for open discussion. different cultures have different attitudes and communications when it comes to weight and losing weight. in some places, being a little plump is seen as a sign of health/wealth/fertility while in others, it can be seen as laziness/wastefulness/ill health etc. the local cuisine, availability of food supply, historical events (that affected food supply), importance of food in local customs etc all play a part in how people view weight.

and Nicole is beyond rude and disrespectful when it comes to respecting his culture. run, Azan, run!!!! this train wreck is not worth the green card.

with Alla, you can also see a different food culture come into play. if one is used to wet market/farm market kind of shopping setting, shopping in a supermarket can be a frustrating experience. also, people in different places have different (sometimes very strong) opinions on GMO food -- she just sounded horrified by the selection of apples. she is also exhausted, jet lagged, and has to figure out how to get a meal together for her son. so it made sense why she would snap at Matt when he wasn't helpful and just show her where to get milk.

To get to be Nicole's girth at such a young age one would really have to work at it in other countries. Face it, it's nearly impossible to get that way binging on fresh fruit and yogurt! From what [little] I've seen, they have NO concept of a Wal-mart superstore over there, places with miles of aisles of twenty different flavors of Oreo cookies and that's just for starters. You simply do not see obese people over there. (One thing I noticed after returning from a trip to the Middle East was how many fat people there are over here.)

Since Nicole has demonstrated zero patience, self-control, or ability to bend, I'm sure Azan is going to be running himself ragged trying to find all of the deep fried foods and sweets that are her usual fare. Not to mention the fact that her regularly expected portion sizes will be enough to break his family's budget. I'm not trying to be mean here (okay, maybe a little), but I am trying to point out some significant cultural differences that will cause friction between her and his entire family. Treating a guest well is extremely important over there! And, she's too obtuse to realize any of this.

The only thing she is thinking about is food and sex, while Azan is trying to get to know her. Seriously, think if she were a man bounding off the plane, not even bothering to fix up, saying, "Baby, let's get at it." And, he was the woman saying, "Slow down, I want to get to know you." Or, worse yet, "Quit pawing at me because sex could get me arrested." Everybody would be saying keep your hands to yourself you oversexed jerk.

• Love 15

just to give another perspective -- saw a huge food culture clash with Nicole/Azan as well as Alla's shopping trip. different cultures have different definitions of "big" and it sounded like Azan was expecting the moroccan definition of big. instead, he was surprised to see Nicole was bigger than what he was expecting. still he was quite polite with how he worded it. him telling her to lose weight and eat healthy -- how exactly is that wrong? the guy looked so confused and in over his head that Nicole seemed to take offense. in some places and cultures, people are very blunt and open when it comes to telling someone to lose weight and eat healthy -- it is seen as concern. food may not be part of private space and is an area for open discussion. different cultures have different attitudes and communications when it comes to weight and losing weight. in some places, being a little plump is seen as a sign of health/wealth/fertility while in others, it can be seen as laziness/wastefulness/ill health etc. the local cuisine, availability of food supply, historical events (that affected food supply), importance of food in local customs etc all play a part in how people view weight.

and Nicole is beyond rude and disrespectful when it comes to respecting his culture. run, Azan, run!!!! this train wreck is not worth the green card.

with Alla, you can also see a different food culture come into play. if one is used to wet market/farm market kind of shopping setting, shopping in a supermarket can be a frustrating experience. also, people in different places have different (sometimes very strong) opinions on GMO food -- she just sounded horrified by the selection of apples. she is also exhausted, jet lagged, and has to figure out how to get a meal together for her son. so it made sense why she would snap at Matt when he wasn't helpful and just show her where to get milk.

I'm picturing Matt running from aisle to aisle like an excited puppy, arms a-flailing, like another gigantic ADHD child to contend with. No wonder she was like, "No more sugar for you!"

• Love 5

Oh, I can't STAND Americans abroad who act disgusted by foreign food. If you go to Morocco, it's their country.

Nicole is a living reminder of the danger of feeding your kids off the American "children's menu." So you only eat "simple" foods like hot dogs and mac & cheese, huh? How's that working for ya?

I know, right? Her food tastes weren't the only thing about her that were simple.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, okerry said:

Well, apparently they ARE married - to new partners. It is extremely disrespectful to still do "family" things with the old partner and leave the old one behind while you do.

What do people think divorce is for?? Obviously, they wanted to move on and did so - but wait, they still want to drop in on the old relationship when it's convenient and/or fun, like when there are birthdays, holidays, a kid going on a five-week trip overseas, or a TV show's being filmed.

You want a divorce, then be divorced. You want to stay married, stay married and find a way to make it work. Trying to blend the two together, as these people do, is going to lead to all sorts of complications and they've already got one: Nicole. And her child. Make that two.

All this does is teach the kids that "family" means you can drop in and out as you please. That it's fine to sometimes be a family with a former partner and sometimes with a new one. That's not "beautiful." It's incredibly selfish and simply trying to have it both ways. You can't. I'll bet the new partners are silently living in hell every time their new husband/wife goes off for family time with their former partner.

I still maintain that this is where Nicole got her ideas that relationships don't need boundaries. She has none and neither do any of her parents/step-parents. We can all see how well that's working for her.

You want to continue a life with children, you divorce and continue to hang out together bease that is your child's family. Parents lives don't trump families or children. I am weird among my friends and family friends because no one in my immediate family has ever gotten a divorce. But cousins and close family friends have certainly had divorces and everyone and there current partners and children and family come to family gatherings. One of the closest people in life like listed as in backup of in case of emergency is my second cousins stepmother because other than my partner she is the closest, I inherited a decent chuck of change from another family member that would be classified as "step."  Family is how that family choses to define it and the notion because parents got divorced means they are no longer family and interacting is unhealthy  is straight up ludicrious! Might have not worked in your life but it works for  a gazillion of others.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 21
  On 9/18/2016 at 11:54 PM, liammaam said:

See, I don't see him fat shaming at all.  I don't think he ever saw her whole body until meeting in person (and she doesn't glam up or dress up ever, it appears).  I think he was genuinely surprised that she looks like she did.  As an overweight girl myself, I am usually WAY sensitive to fat shaming, but HE never said she needed to change, SHE said that eating healthier and exercising was him saying he wants to change her.  I mean... he's into to that stuff, so it makes sense he wants her to be into those things, too.

I don't know- you might be right.  He certainly seems to get really nasty really quick in the previews... of course, his freaking LIFE is on the line because she is not respecting the Muslim culture over there.  I'd probably get mean, too.

Agree with everything you've said here. 

I think he was a little surprised by her "in real life size" and is being chill about it. He doesn't seem like he wants to be a jerk, but they are in real danger of the consequences there if they break the laws - and she seems to give zero f's about that. She's completely clueless and probably assumes that as an American she'll be fine... if she only knew...

I agree. Also, how much of a double standard does she have? Drooling over his "personal trainer" body and then getting pouty when he suggests that he wants her to be healthy? Basically telling him, "Look, I don't walk or exercise, much, k? So if you want to hang with me you're gonna have to get used to sitting on the couch and eating Friitos!" What did she expect a guy like that enjoyed doing in his spare time? Eating subs?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, okerry said:

I don't have an opinion one way or the other, (I just haven't had enough experience with these situations) but I understand what you're saying.  

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

(One thing I noticed after returning from a trip to the Middle East was how many fat people there are over here.)

On a recent trip to the UK to visit family, I was told of the joke there if you're overweight - "Go on a diet or go to America."

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I don't have an opinion one way or the other, (I just haven't had enough experience with these situations) but I understand what you're saying.  

On a recent trip to the UK to visit family, I was told of the joke there if you're overweight - "Go on a diet or go to America."

That's kind of odd, since the UK has tons of reality shows depicting morbidly obese UK people who show little motivation to get thin.

• Love 10
  On 9/8/2016 at 4:22 AM, Christina said:

It looks like Nicole is going to be another person I just want to see locked in a room by her family until she gains 20 IQ points. 

I agree, but you know people will do what they want to do and there's no stopping them.  Meaning some people have to learn the hard way.

Also, I just don't think that's an effective treatment for Prader Willi Syndrome.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

That's kind of odd, since the UK has tons of reality shows depicting morbidly obese UK people who show little motivation to get thin.

yes, they are growing larger as we speak, but (from what I saw) we still beat them by a mile in size and percentage of population.  I didn't see anybody over there with their hips hanging over the sides of the motorized shopping carts.  

• Love 3

I don't think Nicole has Prader Willi.  Nothing has been shown to suggest that.  She looks like she overeats and under moves.  Add on top of that all the weight she gained during pregnancy and you have 3x Nicole.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I'm going to make a guess here about Jorge's secret. It's only a guess. My guess is that he has done prison time relating to drugs. Landlords do criminal background checks and google checks on renters, hotels don't.  His offense might have been related to growing marijuana in a previous home/apartment. 

I don't think TLC would feature a registered sex offender on the show and then tease his secret and then have him discuss that he's a registered sex offender.

I don't think he's having money problems, hotels are really expensive in California.

Nicole is a mess but I don't know why people "feel bad" for Azan. The guy was trawling online dating websites looking for a desperate Western woman who will marry him so he can get out of Morocco.  He found one. 

Lastly, in defense of Nicole, I travel internationally a lot, and the practice in some countries of not bringing drinks first is really annoying. I'll go out with chicks in Asia, sit at the table, and I'm ready to order a Coke or beer. She'll start reading the menu cover to cover.  Sometimes I'll press the issue by asking her what she wants to drink, and when she finally tells me, I'll flag down the waiter and say "We'd like two cokes, please."  Invariably, the waiter will say "OK" and then just stand there waiting for us to place our food orders. Foreigners are weird.  

I do? huhuhu!

Also, the Meme Game is strong up in this b***!!!!

• Love 2

Is Matt maybe slow mentally? He has a stunned look and slow to react.

He didn't have the brains to at least get some milk and cereal for the boy.

Nicole is such a petulant child! She must have been such a delight to have sex with after a 14 hour flight.

Azan has a problem looking in her squinty eyes when he says I Love you.

Dd you notice when Russ said goodbye to Paola that there was a lock box on the door?

• Love 3

Do any of these foreign fiances ever bring some resources/money with them to the US? It doesn't seem fair to met one person meet all of the needs for two.

On 9/19/2016 at 10:12 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

These five weeks will last an eternity for Azan.  That sure is a test to his devotion to the green card.

HE is the one who proposed to HER after only a few weeks, isn't he?

• Love 3
  11 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Who's to say Nicole's parents aren't still a family? They just aren't married.

You know, I can almost see where you're coming from, but I think it's important *for the sake of the child* (grown or not) for the divorced parents to be civil. So that means that sometimes you will have to put up with your ex for the sake of weddings, graduations, etc. But I know I sure as hell wouldn't marry someone who was that chummy with their ex. Of course, it's kind of a moot point for me because I wouldn't marry someone with kids anyway, but these people (the new spouses) presumably knew what they were signing up for. Marrying someone with kids means you will probably have to deal with those kids sometimes, and the other parent as well. It's not like they're all living in a house together and pretending the original family unit is still intact. And who knows if they normally do this much stuff together, or if some of it is for the sake of the show.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Or, he knows what he is doing by picking a weak one to manipulate. He just never realized she was a little bit big. If he is a street kid then he is smart and knows what he is doing.

and what he is doing is still illegal. People surely get away with it, but it remains against US law.

• Love 1

Poor Alla. No  I've been to grocery stores in Europe and they're different from here. 

Hey, I know, let's get someone off a long flight, and take her and her 7 year old hungry as heck on a long ass drive to the giantest, most ridiculous grocery store ever. I saw a mini-cinema in the store. There was an elevated train outside like a ride or something.

I lived in a city for a couple of decades. The stores are small. The first time we went to a Wal-Mart super center in Reno, Nevada I was like "does this store ever end? Who could possibly need all these choices? How do you even shop here? Who needs 100 different kinds of cereals?"

It's seriously overwhelming. And after a long ass flight? And a foreign country? Come the fuck on.

And then he takes her to a family meal where they grill her like a damn eggplant? 

No wonder the guy has 3 broken marriages.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree. Also, how much of a double standard does she have? Drooling over his "personal trainer" body and then getting pouty when he suggests that he wants her to be healthy? Basically telling him, "Look, I don't walk or exercise, much, k? So if you want to hang with me you're gonna have to get used to sitting on the couch and eating Friitos!" What did she expect a guy like that enjoyed doing in his spare time? Eating subs?

Nicole dwells in some rainbow rich, unicorn populated fantasy land wherein she is a kittenish, sexy vixen. Not a childish, delusional twit. Seriously. Whenever she does that little baby voiced "I love you!!" to poor Azan, she thinks she's being adorable and seductive.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, pickle said:

I travel internationally every 2-3 months for work (with sprinklings of domestic travel between those international trips). I like staying in Airbnbs so I can go grocery shopping and cook many of my meals. I save the restaurants  visits for countries I've never been before, or for going out with people from that local office - because when you travel a lot, it's easy to gain weight eating out all the time. And it ain't always cheap (eg. France).   

I always find it a bit of a struggle grocery shopping in a different country. And when I went on my first few international trips I had the same remark when I came back to the US "why is all the produce so HUGE!"   It's not natural, it is usually (most of the time) due to GMOs. I won't get into that here - but I have to say that so far I prefer the grocery options in other countries. 

Plus, you're not familiar with packaging, and different countries have different common foods. Snacks, for example, in one country picking up a bag of dehydrated fish as a snack would be pretty common - but that's the last thing I'm going to be getting when I buy groceries. "Um, where are just like, plain crackers?!"

So after you get your produce (where even some countries have produce you've never seen before) you spend a lot of time trying to read packages (or translate them), etc. So all-in-all, it really can be a frustrating exeperience -especially with jetlag + a kid. 

I really do feel for Alla. She's my favorite so far. 

Edited by lilsadone
all the dang typos
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

To get to be Nicole's girth at such a young age one would really have to work at it in other countries. Face it, it's nearly impossible to get that way binging on fresh fruit and yogurt! From what [little] I've seen, they have NO concept of a Wal-mart superstore over there, places with miles of aisles of twenty different flavors of Oreo cookies and that's just for starters. You simply do not see obese people over there. (One thing I noticed after returning from a trip to the Middle East was how many fat people there are over here.)

Since Nicole has demonstrated zero patience, self-control, or ability to bend, I'm sure Azan is going to be running himself ragged trying to find all of the deep fried foods and sweets that are her usual fare. Not to mention the fact that her regularly expected portion sizes will be enough to break his family's budget. I'm not trying to be mean here (okay, maybe a little), but I am trying to point out some significant cultural differences that will cause friction between her and his entire family. Treating a guest well is extremely important over there! And, she's too obtuse to realize any of this.

The only thing she is thinking about is food and sex, while Azan is trying to get to know her. Seriously, think if she were a man bounding off the plane, not even bothering to fix up, saying, "Baby, let's get at it." And, he was the woman saying, "Slow down, I want to get to know you." Or, worse yet, "Quit pawing at me because sex could get me arrested." Everybody would be saying keep your hands to yourself you oversexed jerk.

You're right, and that is why most people don't propose marriage to someone unless they already know them very well.

• Love 1

I would submit that simply being present at major events like a wedding is NOT the same as divorced partners doing things TOGETHER when one or both of them has a new partner. It's the height of disrespect to the new partner(s) to do this, not to mention just plain cruel.

Anything that must be decided together for the sake of the children can be done through e-mail or phone calls. I'd also submit that divorced partners who do this are just trying to hold onto their old relationship - either they weren't ready to divorce, or they just enjoy having more than one husband/wife to give them emotional support (and yes, sometimes this stuff turns physical. It's one of the hazards of hanging out with an ex-spouse.)

Nobody HAS to do this. It's a choice. And IMHO a very bad one that can lead to serious problems in all of the affected relationships, not to mention real confusion on the part of the kids. Like Nicole. Boundaries.

Edited by Drogo
Quote formatting.