Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

My husband is from England, has lived in the USA for 20 years, and STILL gets frustrated when shopping for groceries or anything else.  His mantra is "too much choice."  When recently shopping for a new television he was overwhelmed.  He is used to maybe three choices, max:  A basic model for the lowest price; a high-end model for those who wish to be extravagant; and a middle ground somewhere in between.  I completely understand Alla's frustration.  And now that I've read about Jungle Jim's, I think I'd be overwhelmed there, too!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

Is Matt maybe slow mentally? He has a stunned look and slow to react.

He didn't have the brains to at least get some milk and cereal for the boy.

Nicole is such a petulant child! She must have been such a delight to have sex with after a 14 hour flight.

Azan has a problem looking in her squinty eyes when he says I Love you.

Dd you notice when Russ said goodbye to Paola that there was a lock box on the door?

I'm kind of tempted to give Matt a pass here. He doesn't have any small children, and probably had no idea what the kid ate.  After the way Alla got all up in his face about the apples, maybe they'd had this discussion before, and he didn't want to see her go off the rails if he had something there she wouldn't like.  He had crackers and peanut butter.  Not the best breakfast, but not the worst, either.   Having said all that, I am kind of surprised that his mom didn't stock his fridge with food.  Matt just seems like a bumbling dolt to me. 

• Love 4

I was surprised that when Pedro was meeting Chantel's family, he kept repeating "My English very bad" and Chantel just sat there, she should have jumped up and translated the best she could. I felt really bad for him ! Now it is 100% obvious that he is not making it up because when she  speaks English he smiles blankly. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

I was surprised that when Pedro was meeting Chantel's family, he kept repeating "My English very bad" and Chantel just sat there, she should have jumped up and translated the best she could. I felt really bad for him ! Now it is 100% obvious that he is not making it up because when she  speaks English he smiles blankly. 

I agree.  She could have helped.  Or maybe it was just edited to look like she sat there letting him flail.

• Love 4

I could not believe how demanding for sex Nicole was!!! She got very hostile when they were out on the street and he refused to hug her, saying something like "Don't tell me not to hug you" (or words to that effect). And then when she just immediately shut the door on the camera crew as she was dragging him to the bed. There is an aggressiveness when it comes to sex that surprises me.  Its a contrast to the rest of her personality, which reminds me of a young teenager. 

On another thread, I called her "Danielle, 20 years earlier." 

• Love 8

Well, I'm thinking the situation with Matt was just a part of the plot, so to speak. Who doesn't think to get some noshes when guests are coming? Order in, maybe? The mom, who was so concerned about the little one's sleeping arrangement suddenly started minding her own business? I don't think any of those people are that out of touch that they could not think of it beforehand. For pete's sake, Matt has to eat so where was stuff he ate? Give mea break...

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Granny58 said:

it might be Azan

and/or his Moroccan BFF.

If I were a gay man in Morocco I would marry any american including Nicole to get to the US where I could eventually get a Green Card, get divorced then live as a gay man. The only question is did the BFF find his mail order wife yet? 

• Love 5

I have a sneaking suspicion that Azan was the one who called the authorities and reported the landlord; in order to get out of having to share a room and bed with Nicole. 

Or maybe his best friend was his "wingman" and contacted the local authorities to get him out of sharing a room with Nicole. Speaking of Nicole, if I were her, my first purchase at the Moroccan Bazaar would be one of those beautiful forgiving caftans which would hide a multitude of figure flaws and at the same time would respect the local culture. Much more flattering that that popular "open sleeve" style top which only accentuates her ham arms and don't get me started on the horizontal stripes! 

On a totally different note, maybe Anfisa will show up on a future episode of "Botched." 

• Love 12

Do we know why Matt's first three marriages went bust? Do we care? OK. I'm curious. I come from a family where multiple marriages abound, but three is the beginning of extreme. I don't believe it's all the wives' fault. Odds are against that. Something's odd about that dude.

• Love 1

I much prefer Anfisa/Jorge than Nicole and her delusions.   Poor Pedro....run.  Chantel's brother gave me the heeby jeebbies.    She is a grown woman.  Though I think she is struggling to turn a hookup into a marriage.  Clearly Chantel & Pedro dont spend a lot of time talking.   Matt's relatives pretend like he is some babe in the woods.  He's 40ish/been married several times.  He's been around the block more than a few times so he knows what he is getting into.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

I could not believe how demanding for sex Nicole was!!! She got very hostile when they were out on the street and he refused to hug her, saying something like "Don't tell me not to hug you" (or words to that effect). And then when she just immediately shut the door on the camera crew as she was dragging him to the bed. There is an aggressiveness when it comes to sex that surprises me.  Its a contrast to the rest of her personality, which reminds me of a young teenager. 

I noticed that. She's practically trying to rape him. Too bad she didn't pack a vibrator with a power adapter in that enormous suitcase of hers!

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:
5 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

To get to be Nicole's girth at such a young age one would really have to work at it in other countries. Face it, it's nearly impossible to get that way binging on fresh fruit and yogurt! From what [little] I've seen, they have NO concept of a Wal-mart superstore over there, places with miles of aisles of twenty different flavors of Oreo cookies and that's just for starters. You simply do not see obese people over there. (One thing I noticed after returning from a trip to the Middle East was how many fat people there are over here.)

Since Nicole has demonstrated zero patience, self-control, or ability to bend, I'm sure Azan is going to be running himself ragged trying to find all of the deep fried foods and sweets that are her usual fare. Not to mention the fact that her regularly expected portion sizes will be enough to break his family's budget. I'm not trying to be mean here (okay, maybe a little), but I am trying to point out some significant cultural differences that will cause friction between her and his entire family. Treating a guest well is extremely important over there! And, she's too obtuse to realize any of this.

The only thing she is thinking about is food and sex, while Azan is trying to get to know her. Seriously, think if she were a man bounding off the plane, not even bothering to fix up, saying, "Baby, let's get at it." And, he was the woman saying, "Slow down, I want to get to know you." Or, worse yet, "Quit pawing at me because sex could get me arrested." Everybody would be saying keep your hands to yourself you oversexed jerk.

You're right, and that is why most people don't propose marriage to someone unless they already know them very well.

Unless they want a green card. She's what's known among love rats as a "pink elephant." A desperate woman jumping at the chance to be exploited.

• Love 6

I like Chantel's family.  It's nice to see a black family that's not portrayed the way too many black families are on reality TV shows, ratchet and hood.  They all seem concerned about Chantel.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do any of these foreign fiances ever bring some resources/money with them to the US? It doesn't seem fair to met one person meet all of the needs for two.

HE is the one who proposed to HER after only a few weeks, isn't he?

Sure, many foreigners have their own funds, but that doesn't make a good TV show.  

I was born in Germany and came to the US with an Investment Visa. Not connected romantically to any American and I was/am financially independent. I didn't really plan to stay forever, but after three years of living here, I met my husband. I'm not a mail-order bride, I didn't need anybody to marry me for a visa or Green Card. I know several couples where the spouses were born abroad and had perfectly good lives with steady, well paying jobs. Sometimes the foreign partner was already working in the US and sometimes the US-citizen was the one abroad. I know Americans who live in Europe because that is where their spouse is from.  

There are well educated people with good jobs in other countries, but they are probably not trawling the internet to find a spouse (anybody will do) in the US. I have only watched a few 90-day fiancé episodes, but it doesn't appear as if many of them are educated and successful. 

I like Alla and don't think there is anything wrong with her admitting that she wanted to get out of Ukraine and make a better life life for her and her son. That doesn't mean she's scamming Matt and will leave him as soon as she has a Green Card. She has a son for whom she probably wants a father figure and stability in life, so why should she not try to make a marriage with Matt work? I don't think she's in love with him, but as long as she likes him there's no reason why they couldn't grow close and have a good marriage. Many countries still have a high percentage of arranged marriages and it seems to work surprisingly well. These days in the US and Europe we usually marry for love and just look at our divorce rates. (I'm all for getting married for love, btw)

That said, I guess it's obvious that Anfisa has no intention of making a marriage with Jorge work in the long run. He's just her first stepping stone. In my mind that's a scam. 

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

I much prefer Anfisa/Jorge than Nicole and her delusions.   Poor Pedro....run.  Chantel's brother gave me the heeby jeebbies.    She is a grown woman.  Though I think she is struggling to turn a hookup into a marriage.  Clearly Chantel & Pedro dont spend a lot of time talking.   Matt's relatives pretend like he is some babe in the woods.  He's 40ish/been married several times.  He's been around the block more than a few times so he knows what he is getting into.

This is what baffles me about Matt. His family all coddle him and treat him like a pampered baby. And its not as if he's the sole heir to some huge fortune! He owns a garage with his brothers! I'm sure it gives them a comfortable living but they're not billionaires. If Matt is paying alimony to three former spouses, well that ship has sailed, so why pile on Alla? He's the one who made the decision to bring her over.

Everyone this season seems emotionally stunted and immature. (Well, more than usual). Chantel with her clumsy lies, like she's telling her parents she's over at Lisa's house when she's really meeting her boyfriend at the mall. She's not in middle school, she's 25! Jorge with his plastic and silicone princess, can't see past her implants to see she despises him. Also stuck in middle school, when the cheerleader bats her eyes at him and gets him to do her homework. Nicole, bless her idiotic heart, will never leave middle school. She'll keep going behind the bleachers with any boy who asks because she believes in twoo wuv! "he likes me! I know he does! those girls are just jealous!"

• Love 14
7 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Wow...Nicole  looks much thinner in that picture. If that was the picture Azan saw, no wonder he was surprised by Nicole in real life -- even seeing neck up facetime video.

If you look at her head when you see a fuller shot of her, you can tell her head/face is out of proportion with the rest of her body. This is indicative that she has a very unhealthy lifestyle and is too big for her natural body frame. I remember seeing one shot of her and thinking that her head looked way too small for her body so I'm not surprised she can dupe someone into thinking she's smaller than she really is.

Her face is filled-out but everything else from the boobs down is bursting at the seams so to speak. 

Another thing I was wondering is did she shower or at least "freshen up" before she started pawing at Azan? She was wearing the same tight jeans and "slut" blouse when she left Tampa. Jesus help us if she didn't. She probably had to endure at least 2 connections and almost 24-hours of long haul flying to get to Morocco. That's a lot of ass sweat and sitting in dirty airplane seats, not to mention bathroom visits, to not shower before almost forcing someone to have sex with you.  

Reminds of a line from Strangers with Candy when Jerri Blank was attempting to seduce a blind student: "I'm as damp as a cellar down there, all mildewy. Enter if you dare." Seem apropos here. 

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 18

Poor Azan. The constant PDA, and constant need for validation is unreal. Azan is very patient to put up with that. I can see him slowly dying inside.  

LOL I read it as -constant need for violation!

All that is missing, is the dumb hat, fanny pack, and black socks, with sandals. 

That's my Hubby! hahhaa Well not the black socks cause I have told him he looks like Mr Furley

Edited by booboopbedoo
wrong word
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

If you look at her head when you see a fuller shot of her, you can tell her head/face is out of proportion with the rest of her body. This is indicative that she has a very unhealthy lifestyle and is too big for her natural body frame. I remember seeing one shot of her and thinking that her head looked way too small for her body so I'm surprised she can dupe someone into thinking she's smaller than she is.

Her face is filled-out but everything else from the boobs down is bursting at the seams so to speak. 

Another thing I was wondering is did she shower or at least "freshen up" before she started pawing at Azan? She was wearing the same tight jeans and "slut" blouse when she left Tampa. Jesus help us if she didn't. She probably had to endure at least 2 connections and almost 24-hours of longhaul flying to get to Morocco.

Reminds of a line from Strangers with Candy: "I'm as damp as a cellar down there, all mildewy. Enter if you dare." Seem apropos here. 

Hahahahaha and ewwww!

From that head shot she looks like she could be voluptuous, or maybe "pleasingly plump". If all Azan has seen is her face I understand his chagrin. (Not fat shaming here, I'm fat. But when I was 22 I wasn't, I was a red hot mama with a 23 inch waist. Childbirth, middle age and quitting smoking packed the tonnage on me.) Nicole is so young to be so overweight!

• Love 8

From Azan's comment to the camera at the airport, saying something like he had no idea whether or not she was taller or shorter than him, I get the impression they didn't exchange height and weight stats. Still, just from looking at her chubby cheeks, I can't imagine him expecting someone thin. Plump, yes, but she was "big a little bit" more than he bargained for. TLC spending at least 4 episodes on the trip to Morocco makes me suspicious that he won't be coming to the US. Maybe the "missing couple's" story will fill in the void when Nicole and Azan's relationship has ended before their 90 Day Visa clock even starts to count down. 

• Love 6
  7 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Wow...Nicole  looks much thinner in that picture. If that was the picture Azan saw, no wonder he was surprised by Nicole in real life -- even seeing neck up facetime video.

If you look at her head when you see a fuller shot of her, you can tell her head/face is out of proportion with the rest of her body. This is indicative that she has a very unhealthy lifestyle and is too big for her natural body frame. I remember seeing one shot of her and thinking that her head looked way too small for her body so I'm not surprised she can dupe someone into thinking she's smaller than she really is.

Another thing I was wondering is did she shower or at least "freshen up" before she started pawing at Azan? She was wearing the same tight jeans and "slut" blouse when she left Tampa. Jesus help us if she didn't. She probably had to endure at least 2 connections and almost 24-hours of long haul flying to get to Morocco. That's a lot of ass sweat and sitting in dirty airplane seats, not to mention bathroom visits, to not shower before almost forcing someone to have sex with you.  

Reminds of a line from Strangers with Candy when Jerri Blank was attempting to seduce a blind student: "I'm as damp as a cellar down there, all mildewy. Enter if you dare." Seem apropos here. 

I'm guessing no shower. Her hair looked kind of greasy also. Hope she didn't try to make him go downtown although we know she did! She's nothing if not aggressive.

I have this weird thing where I have this really strong aversion to people who force other people into sex when they're either not ready or don't want it entirely. I get that the two of them are consenting adults. I get that Mohamed and Nikki, or for that matter Anfisa, walk into these things willingly with their eyes wide shut, ready to trade sex for green cards, but it doesn't make it any less deplorable to watch their American spouses revel in their miserable acquiesce as the yield their bodies to the Altar of Citzenship. The women think that they can endure being pawed at for a few years until they can move on and find someone attractive, only to discover that they've been sexually conditioned to be turned on by people who repulse them. Prostitution is ugly, ugly business. It kills the soul. I can almost understand the people who are willing to sacrifice their bodies and their psyches, not fully fathoming the ramifications, but I cannot begin to understand the mindset of the Danielles and Marks who are willing to accept such a sacrifice, the takers who savor the agony of the partners they've bought and get turned on by it? Does Anfisa think about Gucci shoes when Jorge is writhing away on top of her? Does her mind whisk itself away to Rodeo Drive? As his hands fumble across her plastic body, does Jorge see the dead look in her eyes and feel his confidence drop yet another notch?

That's weird to me.

• Love 13

I have a sneaking suspicion that Azan was the one who called the authorities and reported the landlord; in order to get out of having to share a room and bed with Nicole. 

Or maybe his best friend was his "wingman" and contacted the local authorities to get him out of sharing a room with Nicole. Speaking of Nicole, if I were her, my first purchase at the Moroccan Bazaar would be one of those beautiful forgiving caftans which would hide a multitude of figure flaws and at the same time would respect the local culture. Much more flattering that that popular "open sleeve" style top which only accentuates her ham arms and don't get me started on the horizontal stripes! 

On a totally different note, maybe Anfisa will show up on a future episode of "Botched." 

I think that the next morning, they found poor Azan sitting in a chair in a near catatonic state, kind of like Ben Stiller in The Heartbreak Kid.

• Love 6

I really want to like Pedro and his gorgeous, winning smile, but I'm seeing more red flags with him than one usually sees with all of these people. With all of these people picking on him, I really want to root for him as the underdog, but I'm having a hard time and here's why.

1. It wasn't that he missed his flight, but that he didn't take any responsibility for it. If someone buys me a plane ticket and I'm too incompetent to board on time, I'm certainly going to apologize for the problems I've caused. However, he doesn't even bother to call Chantel and let her know about the change! And, when she questions him about it, he gets irritated about it and tries to turn it around on her. We've gotten a serious glimpse into how his mind works and it's not good.

2. Why didn't he bother to learn ANY English? He's had months! I could learn in two days what he seems to know right now. I don't know what's going on with him, but he appears to be seriously lazy!

3. He's complaining that she doesn't cook? Really? She's working and teaching and paying all of the bills. He's got nothing to do for the next 90 days except sit on his butt in that apartment and he's whining because he wants her to cook for him too? Helloo???

4. I get that her family is grilling him, and Chantel has done a terrible, immature job of creating a faux situation. She's put Pedro in a very bad spot. However, he is completely lacking in the initiative and the ability to even begin to smooth over these situations. Smile a little. Calmly ask Chantel for interpretations. Then speak to them and have her interpret what you are saying. Pedro got completely lost in the situation and let the situation control him. Not a good sign!

Chantel is a smart woman. Perhaps she's observed some less than stellar qualities in Pedro. Perhaps that's the real reason why she doesn't want to tell her family the truth?

Again, I really wanted to buy into this lovable underdog scenario! I wanted to see this hardworking, caring man by Chantel's side who would fight life's battles with her. So far, i'm not seeing it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DawnDavenport said:

If you look at her head when you see a fuller shot of her, you can tell her head/face is out of proportion with the rest of her body. This is indicative that she has a very unhealthy lifestyle and is too big for her natural body frame. I remember seeing one shot of her and thinking that her head looked way too small for her body so I'm surprised she can dupe someone into thinking she's smaller than she is.

I think her puffed up lips make her mouth look like a stretched out anus ala Lisa Rinna. It's not a good look at all that makes it look like she has a cleft palette. Watching her navigate that straw with her lips at the pool was fascinating. It's like she can't control what they're doing!

Patty Stanger did the same thing and I nicknamed her  angry anus lips. Watching her talk was like watching the talking anus scene from Pink Flamingos.  

• Love 7
On 9/19/2016 at 2:32 PM, Trace said:

Nicole's total lack of self awareness was alarming.  She seemed to be locked into the mental and emotional maturity of a 13-year-old girl. The immature language, the hair twirling, the awkwardness. They say if you start doing drugs or experience a life altering events at a young age, you are stuck at that age. Or maybe she is mentally challenged (which makes filming her monumentally worse).  Whatever it is?  I experienced tremendous second-hand embarrassment on her behalf.  I cannot imagine being a family member or even a close friend and watching this cringe-worthy spectacle.

And putty-faced Alfisa?  Talk about plastic surgery gone very wrong!  George (I'm sorry, but Jorge is pronounced or-HAY), must be very inexperienced or YES a virgin to consider that butter-face hot.  He lives in LA for f*cks sake!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, okerry said:

Well, apparently they ARE married - to new partners. It is extremely disrespectful to still do "family" things with the old partner and leave the old one behind while you do.

What do people think divorce is for?? Obviously, they wanted to move on and did so - but wait, they still want to drop in on the old relationship when it's convenient and/or fun, like when there are birthdays, holidays, a kid going on a five-week trip overseas, or a TV show's being filmed.

You want a divorce, then be divorced. You want to stay married, stay married and find a way to make it work. Trying to blend the two together, as these people do, is going to lead to all sorts of complications and they've already got one: Nicole. And her child. Make that two.

All this does is teach the kids that "family" means you can drop in and out as you please. That it's fine to sometimes be a family with a former partner and sometimes with a new one. That's not "beautiful." It's incredibly selfish and simply trying to have it both ways. You can't. I'll bet the new partners are silently living in hell every time their new husband/wife goes off for family time with their former partner.

I still maintain that this is where Nicole got her ideas that relationships don't need boundaries. She has none and neither do any of her parents/step-parents. We can all see how well that's working for her.

Crikey, don't any of y'all watch *Sister Wives*, lol? 

So it sounds like you may have gone through your own personal situation where divorcees hanging around each other with their new partners didn't turn out so hot.

However.. it's generally a good sign to kids and shows them how adults should do things, co-exist well and be civil.  Not all ex's have to be evil.  It's generally a good thing when all parties can still be around each other and be ok.  Especially family gatherings.  That way events like that are not awkward and there doesn't have to be two of everything to appease both parties when there has to be an event for a child. 

I'm sorry for whatever you apparently went through, but when separated families get along, it's usually considered a good thing.

A family dinner, yea that would be kinda weird but I'm sure it was mostly just for the purpose of filming.

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, happy hobo said:
On 9/19/2016 at 2:32 PM, Trace said:

And putty-faced Alfisa?  Talk about plastic surgery gone very wrong!  George (I'm sorry, but Jorge is pronounced or-HAY), must be very inexperienced or YES a virgin to consider that butter-face hot.  He lives in LA for f*cks sake!!

Or-Hay? I learned it as HOR-HAY (which would make her Ms Hor?). As for her mixed up face.....perhaps someone should tell her that "if your actual face looks like an Actual DUCK......then doing 'duck-face selfies might not be the best idea. 

• Love 4

Maybe I'm a softie.....but are we sure that Azan is in it for the Green Card? On his ride to the airport he kept saying how he loves Morocco; how he hopes Nicole will like Morocco. He genuinely appears proud of his homeland. I would like a little more back-story on him....

Not every foreign spouse really wants to move to the USA.  Many come from places that we might call sh*t-holes, but they would still prefer to reside there. I wonder if some of the problem that the previews show stem from the fact that he really does not want to leave and was instead hoping that Nicole might entertain living in HIS country (fat chance).  Perhaps I'm dreaming......but it is a reality.  

If Azan had been on the fence about moving, I think Nicole's ignorance, demanding nature and downright rudeness may have changed his mind about EVER wanting to move to the US. (Poor thing must have nightmares of being forced to live in a big country of Obese, demanding,Demeaning strangers who demand you 'satisfy' them IMMEDIATELY in whatever way they want ). UGH!  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

Agree. Chantel & Pedro may not spend a lot of time talking or getting too deep because they're unable to.  Nicole & Azan fill in empty time with Love Yous  when she's not instructing him on The World According to Nicole. Matt spends time trying to figure out what planet he's on so he seems oblivious to what might be going on in her mind until she bonks him over the head with it, and the more conversations with the Cabbage Patch girl that Jorge has, the scarier life becomes. I have no beef with people finding each other in unusual ways but it's hard to imagine a relationship where good communication is not only not the main dish, it seems like an afterthought. Green card status aside, they're calling these people the "loves of their lives"?  Wild. Or maybe I'm just comparing them to Loren from last time around, who never put a sock in it. At least they seemed to know each others' personalities. Prolly will be lots of surprises to come with these couples. 

• Love 4

Anfisa's upper lip is really strange looking. I can't stop staring it when she talks. It makes her entire mouth look really odd. I don't think its attractive at all.

I stare at her nose-so big and her face looks like putty.

Model??? Maybe Field and Stream!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This is what baffles me about Matt. His family all coddle him and treat him like a pampered baby. And its not as if he's the sole heir to some huge fortune! He owns a garage with his brothers! I'm sure it gives them a comfortable living but they're not billionaires. If Matt is paying alimony to three former spouses, well that ship has sailed, so why pile on Alla? He's the one who made the decision to bring her over.

They don't own a garage.  His family owns one of the largest dealership groups in the Greater Cincinnati (Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky) region.  Not billionaires, but Cincinnati rich.  They're probably tired of the family company shares being given to Matt's ex-wives. 

• Love 12
On 9/18/2016 at 10:27 PM, sleepyjean said:

She doesn't care that she's embarrassing the hell out of Azan.

Not just that; she's socially unaware and blissfully naive of cultural, religious and legal constraints.

On 9/19/2016 at 1:22 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Now we already knew that she is attracted to Azan because he's "hot" and but we learned today that she is super horny and thinks with her vajayjay.  So, I am not sure on what level they are communicating for Azan to want to marry her after 3 weeks online (oh right, how you say, the green card?) and for her to declare him to be the love of her life (but maybe a dog humping your leg also thinks you're the love of his life?).  She knows nothing about him... and doesn't want to know anything.  When he tells her to control her urge to bone him in public, she has that contorted contrite expression like she's fighting the urge to sneak her hand in her pants and wank.  Her mind is like 8, but her libido is 16 yr old male level.

I don't think she's horny necessarily; she's one of those pitiful girls who thinks that the boys will "like her" if she gives out a BJ to whomever looks in her direction.  To her, a relationship goes only as deep as a few flirtatious phrases,  some sex and a lot of "I love you"s (accompanied by a pleading look until she gets the requisite, "I love you too.")  She reeks of desperation and poor self-esteem and it's really sad that of all the people TLC could profile on this show, they chose her- obviously for the train-wreck factor.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

They don't own a garage.  His family owns one of the largest dealership groups in the Greater Cincinnati (Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky) region.  Not billionaires, but Cincinnati rich.  They're probably tired of the family company shares being given to Matt's ex-wives. 

Thanks  for the correction @CofCinci! I knew it was something to do with cars! Then we can only hope that since they treat him like he's got brain damage, he only gets an allowance and isn't allowed to look at the company books! 

4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm guessing no shower. Her hair looked kind of greasy also. Hope she didn't try to make him go downtown although we know she did! She's nothing if not aggressive.

I have this weird thing where I have this really strong aversion to people who force other people into sex when they're either not ready or don't want it entirely. I get that the two of them are consenting adults. I get that Mohamed and Nikki, or for that matter Anfisa, walk into these things willingly with their eyes wide shut, ready to trade sex for green cards, but it doesn't make it any less deplorable to watch their American spouses revel in their miserable acquiesce as the yield their bodies to the Altar of Citzenship. The women think that they can endure being pawed at for a few years until they can move on and find someone attractive, only to discover that they've been sexually conditioned to be turned on by people who repulse them. Prostitution is ugly, ugly business. It kills the soul. I can almost understand the people who are willing to sacrifice their bodies and their psyches, not fully fathoming the ramifications, but I cannot begin to understand the mindset of the Danielles and Marks who are willing to accept such a sacrifice, the takers who savor the agony of the partners they've bought and get turned on by it? Does Anfisa think about Gucci shoes when Jorge is writhing away on top of her? Does her mind whisk itself away to Rodeo Drive? As his hands fumble across her plastic body, does Jorge see the dead look in her eyes and feel his confidence drop yet another notch?

That's weird to me.

wow - very powerful piece of writing, and an excellent way to look at this. I'll bet not many have thought of it this way, but I think you're exactly right. 

The only explanation I can offer for the Danielles and Marks are that they're narcissists, and thus only see other people in terms of what those people can do for them. They have no empathy and think that no one else does, either.

But again, very well done. Thanks for posting that.

• Love 5

I want to pop Nicoles cheeks with darts.  

Question.....we all know TLC creates fake housing, producer encouraged scenarios, but how could someone living in section 8 housing be approved to bring someone to the U.S.?

Does she have a real job? Simple food tasting perhaps?

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, okerry said:

wow - very powerful piece of writing, and an excellent way to look at this. I'll bet not many have thought of it this way, but I think you're exactly right. 

The only explanation I can offer for the Danielles and Marks are that they're narcissists, and thus only see other people in terms of what those people can do for them. They have no empathy and think that no one else does, either.

But again, very well done. Thanks for posting that.

Thank you! It's nice to know I'm understood.  And, that they're understood ~ by them meaning Anfisa, Nikki, and even poor Azan.  It's why I have no sympathy for the payers.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Thank you! It's nice to know I'm understood.  And, that they're understood ~ by them meaning Anfisa, Nikki, and even poor Azan.  It's why I have no sympathy for the payers.

Yep. Getting off on someone else's misery has got to be the worst sort of karma. Nothing is worth that. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I don't believe it is because she is all that sexual.  It's emotional...it validates her.  She has zero self esteem and gets all her worth from the opinions of others.  

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I want to pop Nicoles cheeks with darts.  

Question.....we all know TLC creates fake housing, producer encouraged scenarios, but how could someone living in section 8 housing be approved to bring someone to the U.S.?

Does she have a real job? Simple food tasting perhaps?

Yes, she's a barista. At Starbucks.

14 hours ago, pickle said:

just to give another perspective -- saw a huge food culture clash with Nicole/Azan as well as Alla's shopping trip. different cultures have different definitions of "big" and it sounded like Azan was expecting the moroccan definition of big. instead, he was surprised to see Nicole was bigger than what he was expecting. still he was quite polite with how he worded it. him telling her to lose weight and eat healthy -- how exactly is that wrong? the guy looked so confused and in over his head that Nicole seemed to take offense. in some places and cultures, people are very blunt and open when it comes to telling someone to lose weight and eat healthy -- it is seen as concern. food may not be part of private space and is an area for open discussion. different cultures have different attitudes and communications when it comes to weight and losing weight. in some places, being a little plump is seen as a sign of health/wealth/fertility while in others, it can be seen as laziness/wastefulness/ill health etc. the local cuisine, availability of food supply, historical events (that affected food supply), importance of food in local customs etc all play a part in how people view weight.

and Nicole is beyond rude and disrespectful when it comes to respecting his culture. run, Azan, run!!!! this train wreck is not worth the green card.

with Alla, you can also see a different food culture come into play. if one is used to wet market/farm market kind of shopping setting, shopping in a supermarket can be a frustrating experience. also, people in different places have different (sometimes very strong) opinions on GMO food -- she just sounded horrified by the selection of apples. she is also exhausted, jet lagged, and has to figure out how to get a meal together for her son. so it made sense why she would snap at Matt when he wasn't helpful and just show her where to get milk.

She was probably overwhelmed just by sheer selection of anything - there was 30 different kind of just apples shown. When I came to America from former eastern block country 19 years ago to be an au-pair and the family took me to the supermarket it was quite a shock for me. There was too many choices of everything except the thing I would want to eat. Back then there was no artisan bread, kefir, khalerabi, Greek style yogurt, spreadable soft cheese and good quality salami like we eat in Europe but nasty white "bread"  in the shape of brick, overprocessed everything... everything was fat free with tons of sugar and carbs. Of course I gained ton of weight eating all the wrong stuff  trying to satisfy my hunger but never felt sated so I just kept eating. Before I came here I had McDonalds exactly once while on my first trip to the western country after Velvet revolution in 1989 and remember to be totally disappointed by it as it was nothing like the beautiful pictures and tasted like crap. LOL Now America has way better selection of stuff I used to eat back home, even kombucha tea and khale is IN. It's 20 years later but with war in Ukraine and situation in Russia I'm not sure how much westernized everything is in there. I do know that my country does have now huge malls and shopping centers like here but it sadly doesn't feel authentic and different anymore with fast food everywhere just like anywhere in USA or western Europe. Anyway Alla had to be horribly jetlagged and overwhelmed in that supermarket. She would probably prefer to just go to small corner grocery store for the staples and cook something than going to another family dinner.

• Love 6

Does anyone else think Nicole might be special needs? I really can't imagine how she navigates the world and being a parent. Her little girl is going to grow up on French fries and hot dogs and exceed her mother's intelligence and maturity by the time she is 6. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

So I looked it up and the flight from Miami to Marrakesh is 25 hours long-stinky girl!

Glad you are not my travel agent. :)

Should be less than twelve hours (still a long journey, and that doesn't count TPA-MIA tacked on the front).

8:20 MIA-MAD (AA 68 departing at 2000)
1:25 layover in MAD
2:05 MAD-RAK (IB 3340 departing at 1145)

On September 19, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Chinwubba said:

I wanted to slap Matt silly for not thinking to have FOOD in the house. In America, you can drive to a store and get everything you want, any time you need it. Stressful leaving your country, being on a 17-hour (whatever) flight, being shuttled around to show off Matt's trophies, no sleep. And no food for breakfast or lunch? For a child?  No wonder Matt's been divorced three times.

Not only that, but poor Alla now has to walk around a huge American supermarket to try and outfit his whole fridge and pantry. Buying milk, bread, butter, and rice and crap like that. Salt, pepper, and cooking oil. 

No wonder she's pissed Matt, you stupid ding dong.

• Love 12