Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451920885./755577521242566/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Jordyn and Hannie at Chuckee Cheese? It does seem like the littles are getting a more wordly, mainstream sort of childhood compared to the older batch of kids in their prairie dresses and buttoned up polo shirts.

Except, of course, no dance lessons, gymnastics, band, scouts, sports, brick and mortar church and school, etc!

Where is Miracle Lickety-Spitz?

Cleaning a table for their lunch?

• Love 6

It does always amaze me that they came up with that name, even with the Duggarified spelling. I mean, it's not as though there were ever a lot of Gingers out there which they could have been inspired by. They are both of the vintage where I would suspect the primary character that would come to mind would be Ginger from Gilligan's Island, which seems a very random and incongruous sort of role model. And you know Jim Boob and Mechelle both watched that show when they were kids. Even though it was probably past its original run by then it was everywhere in syndication for eons.

I'll never understand why they didn't spell it "Jinjer." The name is ridiculous either way, but at least that spelling makes phonetic sense. Most people who only know about her from reading (online/magazines) assume "Jinger" rhymes with "finger."

• Love 8

I'll never understand why they didn't spell it "Jinjer." The name is ridiculous either way, but at least that spelling makes phonetic sense. Most people who only know about her from reading (online/magazines) assume "Jinger" rhymes with "finger."

THAT's the dumb-ass explanation/rhyme I've seen written in comments sections by people!!  Thank you for confirming it.  (Though it seems to me that I also might be thinking of something else, as it usually also includes some explanation of "pronounced with Soft G/Hard G/whichever would be most wrong as you heard it falling out of someone's mouth", as well.)

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 3

But if they'd have used the bible for the girls they would certainly have a Jezebel Duggar. And that alone would have been worth it.

Jessabel. Because didn't Jezebel spout her religion as being the only correct religion?

• Love 2

Jesus.  Do you have any idea how long it takes me to banish that imagine from my head anytime anyone says "Gummo" around me?  

+10 internets for a great reference.

But wasn't Josie named via GMA contest?  Or did I make that up in my mind?  (The latter is totally possible.)

That would have been fun! But no. (Too bad, because I think the Duggars would have done far better getting some outside opinions when it came to their naming.)

It wasn't as if they didn't have any choices in biblical names if they wanted to keep with the biblical theme. Some of the girls names sound pretty rough, but there were choices. Enough where the odd "Jinger" would have been just a nickname.

Boys names:

Jaazaniah (ja-AHZ-ah-NIGH-ya) Yah(weh) will listen; Yah(weh) will harken

Jabal Flowing; river
Jachin; Jakin He {God} will strengthen or establish
Jacob Heel-catcher; supplanter
Jadon Whom God will judge; he will be judged; thankful (one)
Jahaziah (jah-ha-ZAI-ah) He will see YaH(WeH); he whom YaH(WeH) watches over
Jahaziel (ja-HAY-zi-el) He will see God; he whom God watches over
Jahmai He whom YaH(WeH) protects
Jairus He will enlighten
Jalon (JAY-lon) He will abide; he will persist
James Greek form of Jacob (heel-catcher; supplanter)
Jamin The right hand {more information HERE}
Janna He will answer (?)
Janoah One who gives rest; one who brings quietness
Japheth Enlargement; let him enlarge; let him spread out
Jared A descender. Descent. One who descends.
Jaresiah (jah-reh-SEE-ah) Nourishment (honey) provided by YaH(WeH)
Jarmuth High; height; he will be exalted (lifted up)
Jasher Righteous; just
Jason 1- Yah(weh) is salvation (from eason, the Greek form of the Hebrew name, "Joshua") 2- About to heal (from iason, the future active participle masculine of Strong's #2390)
Javan Effervescent: by inference- high-spirited; active {more information HERE}
Jedidiah Beloved of Yah(weh)
Jehoiakim, Joachim, Joaquin, Yakim YaH(WeH) will raise up; YaH(WeH) will set up
Jehoram YaH(WeH) is exalted
Jeremiah, Jeremy Yah(weh) will rise; Yah(weh) will exalt; Yah(weh) will establish
Jeriah Yah(weh) will teach
Jericho His fragrance
Jeshaiah, Jeshiah YaH(WeH) has saved
Jeshua, Jeshuah YaH(WeH) is salvation
Jesse Yah(weh) exists; of Him who is
Jethro Excellence; preeminence
Jezreel (JEZ-ree-el) Planted by God; God sows
Joab (JO-ab) YaH(WeH) is Father
Job (rhymes with "robe") He who cries; the cry of woe; he who weeps
Joel Yah(weh) is God
Joash Yah(weh) has given; Yah(weh) has helped
Johanan, Johannan, Jonathan, John Yah(weh) is gracious giver; Yah(weh) has given. Greek equvalent is "John."
Jonah Dove
Jordan Their descent. The river where Jesus was baptized.
Joshua, Jehoshua Yah(weh) is salvation - Hebrew form of the name "Jesus"
Joseph May Yah(weh) add; Yah(weh) gives increase
Josiah Yah(weh) heals; Yah(weh) sustains
Jotham (JO-tham) YaH(WeH) is upright; YaH(WeH) is perfect
Jubal Joyful sound; music; trumpet
Jude or Judah He (God) shall be praised!
Julius or Julian Curly-haired; youthful (by inference); descended from Jehovah (when derived from Jovilios)
Justus Just; righteous; fair; equitable

Girls names:

Imnah, Jimnah Prosperity & success (as betokened by the right hand)
Jada Wise; the one who knows
Jael (JAH-el) Climber; gazelle; ibex
Jahdiel (JAH-dee-el) Yah(weh) will make glad
Jahziel (JAH-zee-el) (The one) whom God allots; God distributes
Janoah One who gives rest; one who brings quietness
Japhia (jah-PHI-ah) Splendid; shining; bringer of brightness
Japhlet Delivered; set free
Japho (JAH-fo) Beauty; comeliness
Jarah Honeycomb
Jasiel Created by God
Jedidah Beloved
Jeriel May God teach - shortens to Jeri
Jemimah (Jemima) Dove - one of Job's beautiful daughters Job 42.14
Jerusha Inheritance; possession
Joanna (Johanna) Yah(WeH) is gracious Giver; Gift from YaH(WeH)
Jochebed (JO-kah-bed) glory of YaH(WeH); YaH(WeH) is her glory
Joel (Joelle, Joella) YaH(WeH) is God
Joiada (JOY-a-dah) Known by YaH(WeH)
Jordan Their descent - the river where Jesus was baptized
Jubilee Sound of silver trumpets - Trumpets signaled the start of the Jubilee festival. Hence, "sound of trumpets" became the name of the festival itself. From Strong's Hebrew #3104
Judith Praise
Julia Having soft & curly hair
Junia, Junias Youthful

Edited by Catlyn
  • Love 1

It's kind of pathetic that they were essentially scraping the bottom of the barrel for #6's name, but noticed afterwards there actually were normal J girl names still unused, so #6's name stands out as the poorly thought out mistake it is.

• Love 4

Did someone realize that Jordyn not only exists but also has fingers? She appears to have a little french manicure.

She's at the age now where she's being taught that only her appearance matters.
  • Love 5

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451920885./755577521242566/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Jordyn and Hannie at Chuckee Cheese? It does seem like the littles are getting a more wordly, mainstream sort of childhood compared to the older batch of kids in their prairie dresses and buttoned up polo shirts.

Except, of course, no dance lessons, gymnastics, band, scouts, sports, brick and mortar church and school, etc!

School trip?

It's kind of pathetic that they were essentially scraping the bottom of the barrel for #6's name,

I seem to recall MEchelle saying that she had always really loved the name Ginger, but by then were fully invested in the J crap. (My word, not hers.) So since MEchelle has to have her way, they fudged the spelling. (Notice Jim Boob never gets his way - "Julia").

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1452091848./756422821158036/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Joy and JoHanna at the petting zoo. A funny comment: Keep feeding off the milk and meat of the Word!

Another comment : How about an education?

Is that a cool Howler in the back right of the photo?

Love the comments wanting to know if the Duggars have a farm now. Really? This family can't even take care of its own, yet alone farm animals.

That's definitely a "cool" Howler in the background. Maybe he's the chaperone for the girls.

• Love 4

My god. The leghumping in those comments almost made me need a cold shower

Hey, haters gonna hate and humpers gonna hump!

I know it's been mentioned that Jim-Boob always wanted a girl named Julia.

So, why didn't he get one, then? I thought he was the lord and master whose wife was supposed to submit to his authority. Why couldn't he just decree "This one is Julia" while Michelle nodded in agreement?

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 4

Love the comments wanting to know if the Duggars have a farm now. Really? This family can't even take care of its own, yet alone farm animals.

That's definitely a "cool" Howler in the background. Maybe he's the chaperone for the girls.

They do seem to believe the Duggars are doing family farm work. If these posters watch the show wouldn't they know they can't even keep a cat. 

• Love 4

Going back to that list of names, I know it's been metioned that Jim-Boob always wanted a girl named Julia. I got a kick out of the fact that it means "soft, curly hair". Sounds perfectly Gothard-approved.

I wonder why Michelle wouldn't let him have it. Julia is a really pretty name. Much better than Jinger and Josie. Not to mention they have three girls (Jana, Joy Anna and Johannah) who all have variations of basically the same name.

• Love 4

I wonder why Michelle wouldn't let him have it. Julia is a really pretty name. Much better than Jinger and Josie. Not to mention they have three girls (Jana, Joy Anna and Johannah) who all have variations of basically the same name.

I agree. Julia is a very pretty name, said Julia.

However, JB was actually pushing for Julie, not Julia. 

I agree. Julia is a very pretty name, said Julia.

However, JB was actually pushing for Julie, not Julia. 

Either way, Julia/e. :)  $1 will get you $5 that Julie/a was never permitted, because it's the name of JB's first love, or someone with other deep significance to him.

• Love 4
This is my problem with MUCH of what the Duggar's believe.  They think EVERYONE should do as they do.

That's what I don't get about the Duggars. They don't want alcohol around, yet they go on and on about being Christians. Didn't Jesus turn water into wine? Would they have shown him the door once they saw this? Sheesh!

• Love 3
This is my problem with MUCH of what the Duggar's believe. They think EVERYONE should do as they do.

That's what I don't get about the Duggars. They don't want alcohol around, yet they go on and on about being Christians. Didn't Jesus turn water into wine? Would they have shown him the door once they saw this? Sheesh![/quote)

They say it was not wine but grape juice. Which to me is just silly. And they never seems to have an answer to why St. Paul told Timothy ( I think it was him) to have a little wine for his tummy.

• Love 3

The JoyAnna - JoHannah thing bothers me so badly. They sound soooo much alike!!!! And since they always call JoHannah "Hannie," it's obvious to me they (Michelle?) really liked the named Hannah/nickname Hannie and really wanted to name their daughter Hannah, but they were too deep in the Js by then to pick a name with another starting letter, even thought they really wanted to.

• Love 2

"Be the milk and meat of the Word"???! WTF?

Here's a link to the Bible passage that explains where this came from (I can't link from the iPad):

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-2.htm.

It's also mentioned in Hebrews 5:12. "Milk" refers to basic Christian tenets and teachings. "Meat" refers to deeper concepts. Infants eat milk before meat; those young in the faith would figuratively do so as well.

As another example, Mormon missionaries are encouraged to stress "milk before meat" when proselytizing, per Doctrines and Covenants 19:22. (They call it "proselyting.")

So that commenter is exhorting to the Duggars to live and share the faith, from the simple to the complex.

Edited to correct spelling, as a jschoolgirl should

Edited by jschoolgirl
  • Love 4

That's what I don't get about the Duggars. They don't want alcohol around, yet they go on and on about being Christians. Didn't Jesus turn water into wine? Would they have shown him the door once they saw this? Sheesh!

"It was grape juice."

- Pa Keller

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 6

So that commenter is exhorting to the Duggars to live and share the faith, from the simple to the complex.

But can they even understand the complex?  I don't think complex thinking is in their bailiwick.

• Love 5

ame="Chalby" post="1858809" timestamp="1452448777"]

"It was grape juice."

- Pa Keller

This is what I remember thinking when we studied about the causes of WWII in junior high. Hitler blamed the Jews for ALL of Germany's troubles - but that kind of thinking didn't make any kind of sense to my pre-teen mind at all. And still doesn't. I remember thinking - didn't Hitler realize that Jesus - was Jewish?

• Love 1

Hitter wasn't particularly religious. He was from Catholic Austria yet received most of his popular support in the eastern border areas of the Reich that was the former Prussian empire, which was mostly Protestant, and also on the opposite side of The German Reich (post Anschluss) from his homeland. A French speaking Belgian Catholic priest who made waves, was treated distinctly differently (far worse) than a Dutch speaking Belgian Catholic priest who did the same. He was just racist.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 6

Since this topic technically covers most of the Js, I will just lay this here: Did ma and Pa purpose to name all the boys something biblical, until the well ran dry and they had to resort to more trendy boys' names like Jason, Jackson, and Justin? (Is there a Justin?) And am I correct in thinking that NONE of the girls have biblical names except Jordyn, which doesn't count since they spell it like they're on crack?

What is the deal? Have they ever addressed this?

There is a Jason in the bible and Jordan is very popular name (like the Jordan River), but they spelled it with a y because they 'do everything a little differently - insert smug smirk'TM

Honestly, from Jinger down I think they just threw out whatever h name they could think of it let the kids pick a j name.

• Love 3