Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

He definitely comes across as someone who is angry at everyone, but totally in denial about it.  Hell, I’d be pissed off enough over the face thing, let alone becoming Duggarized.

What does not track for me is that he was already looking to go to law school before he came and blew that 12 grand on cross church. I doubt there was much of an ultimatum by Cathy.  Dude just wants to be a beta male big shot, like Jeremy, just less attractive and popular. 

I definitely do think there might have been a "it's time to grow up, and I'm tired of spending money on you" speech, but I do agree that he thinks he's some big shot!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think the Cross Church gig may have been a desperation move on Derrick's part.  I think SOS Ministries had had enough of him and Jill; they were spending more time in Arkansas than in DA, Jill was a fraidy cat constantly crying online about how awful conditions were down there which was not good for business and finally, it was clear that Jill was never going to be able to do the coursework she needed for them to qualify as real missionaries and neither one of them was anywhere near fluent in Spanish after 2 years of study.  So, I think they knew when they came back to Arkansas that they weren't going back to El Salvador, that SOS wasn't going to renew their contract.

Derrick, having an overinflated sense of himself and his skills, figured they could just renegotiate their TLC contract to help pay their bills and, what with the impending blessed event; that he had leverage and would get them a sweet deal that would keep them in Chik fil A while he pretended to be setting up a mission in Arkansas or preparing to return to DA on his own or whatever.  Perhaps he had also applied to law school and had not been accepted and he needed to spin his wheels someplace while he re-applied and tried again.

Then, things with TLC fell through, Jim Bob was not amused and in no mood to help him out and he ended up going to his pals at Cross Church and begging to do something or other that he could pretend was meaningful and important since, although he was no longer on TLC or SOS' payroll;  Derrick was going to need something to brag about on social media..  Together, they came up with this plan for him to attend their ministry program for a year.  I would not be surprised if he got free or discounted tuition and if he perhaps wasn't paid some small amount for working with the youth ministry.  I think they also must've pried some of Jill's TLC proceeds out of Jim Bob's dirty paws or they wouldn't have been able to buy the house.

Yet, all of this he presents as “God leading them in a different direction.”  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I think all this could be true, and I'm convinced that law school was Cathy's ultimatum. When he was in Nepal, I'm sure she thought it was a nice thing to be doing, and acceptable for a young, single man out of college to pursue for a while. When he got engaged to Jill and started at Walmart, she probably thought he had it together, and would settle down into a "normal" life, working at Walmart for 40 years, and having some kids. She might have been slightly concerned about Jill's refusal / inability to work, and plans to have 20 kids, but she might have rightly figured that the plans would change when they figured out that wasn't practical. Or she thought the duggars made a lot more from the show than they actually do!

i'm sure she was deeply disappointed when he got fired or quit from Walmart. It probably confirmed some of her deepest fears about her son that she had been avoiding: that he's lazy and entitled, not a hard worker, that he couldn't care less about providing for his family, etc. She probably realized that no matter how they parted ways, Derick could have done better at Walmart. 

Then came SOS. I could see Cathy at least being relieved that TLC was interested in their missioncation, and not as worried about their financial situation. She might have even thought the mission was explicitly for a more interesting storyline! Even though she believes in missions, I don't see her thinking this was a long term plan. 

Then derick came back here and floundered. He insisted on doing cross church, wasting a lot of someone's money (whether it was JB's, Jill's, or Cathy's is anyone's guess), and basically getting a useless certificate. It appears that Cathy funded a lot of things for them and their grandchildren then. I could see her telling derick that she would fund a SERIOUS graduate program, which would lead to a real career, or cut him off. Since he doesn't want to pursue accounting, and didn't major in anything that would help him with medicine, the only stereotypically high paid, respected career left is law. She probably figured he had a decent shot of getting in, with his varied background experiences, and no shot of getting into other well paying graduate programs. 

And then once he got in and didn't immediately flunk out, she decided he was on the right track and helped him pay for his new house. 

I’m just not sure Cathy has the kind of money that would be required to fund law school for Derick. She never got past middle management at Walmart and has been working for what looks like a small local consulting company for the past 12 years. She’s probably making a decent living but I don’t think she’s raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars. She already paid for two college educations and cancer treatment, neither of which are cheap. Plus she is at an age where she should be focusing on funding her retirement. I think she has enough money to help out with essentials and give the boys an occasional treat, but I really doubt she’s in a position to be footing the bill for Derick’s legal education. 

• Love 22

Does anyone remember when it was that we saw a photo posted of Derick and Jim Bob together? Or a photo of the Dillards (Jill OR Derick) at the TTH? I think Derick and Jim Bob are on the outs with each other. Michelle seems to 'run in to' Jill outside of her house; she may visit Jill at JILL'S HOUSE from time to time, but she;s alone; no Jim Bob. Something is definitely 'up'. I'm sure in that photo of them at the consignment store, Michelle disapproves of Jill wearing a sleeveless shirt and thinks Derick isn't 'going to heaven' for this.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

While there are components of this dress which I would wear in a heartbeat (I loved it at first glance), there's something seriously wonky about it at the same time. I like the color and the two patterns, but  really dislike the way they come together. Not sure what would make it better - I'm no clothing designer by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe a wide belt? Plus, I don't know whether it's the way Jill is standing or what, but in the one picture where you can see her legs, they look really clunky.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

While there are components of this dress which I would wear in a heartbeat (I loved it at first glance), there's something seriously wonky about it at the same time. I like the color and the two patterns, but  really dislike the way they come together. Not sure what would make it better - I'm no clothing designer by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe a wide belt? Plus, I don't know whether it's the way Jill is standing or what, but in the one picture where you can see her legs, they look really clunky.

I agree with what you're saying about the dress being wonky.  I think it would look better being shorter, chopping off most of the bottom part.

I like it better on the model mainly because it looks like it fits her better.

Jill still hasn't gotten our message about needing a better fitting bra. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I agree, something looks wonky. I think part of the problem is the waist of the dress is slightly empired and Jill's boobs are saggy due to a crappy bra. It makes her look kinda compressed and dumpy.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking we'll need to agree to disagree on these two matters.

I believe short of some political or religious body, most will steer clear of Derick when there's plenty of other suitable candidates around.

I also don't believe Jazz, or any other transgender person, is a freak. Up until the 1970s, being gay was a psychiatric diagnosis. In the past children born with Down Syndrome were institutionalized. Back in the day people paid money at fairs to get a 5 second glance of conjoined twins and women with facial hair.

I think as a society we have grown and most folks no longer isolate, pigeonhole and discriminate against folks who are less typical or different than others. And folks have many more allies who won't remain be quiet when folks are being discriminated against.

100% on Jazz. 

That being said, the current political and social climate does make me wary. There are too many people in this world that share his opinions.

That and in the law world, as long as your personal life doesn't get in the way of your practice you can be the biggest bigoted asshole in the world outside of work. Because your abilities and skill is what counts in the courtroom.

If Dullard is even a moderately decent lawyer then none of this matters. He will land a job regardless because firms care if you bring money in. If he's the real life equivalent of Lionel Hutz, then he's in a bit of a pickle.

Edit: I just realized I called him Dullard again. How could anyone be dull if they have nearly 1000 pages of posts devoted to them? 😂

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

First, sorry for the quote box.  It seems the website has changed slightly and I was looking for the reply button.

I think the dress and photo is one of Jill's better efforts.  It does look a bit loose, but she may have to size up so it doesn't pull around her bust, and as a result it is too loose everywhere else.  I can sympathize because I have this issue, especially with button down shirts. 

But her hair looks nice, and she is not squinting.  Yes, the dress looks a bit wonky, but it is the usual Citrus and Lemon quality, and there is only so much that can be done to make it look good.

• Love 6
On 9/7/2019 at 4:28 AM, galaxychaser said:

I like the spice rack with all the spices. I want one. 

Also I see most of the spice jars are full. 

Yeah but then they will get dusty and drive you nuts.   You know she doesn't know what 1/2 those spices are for.

I like almost nothing on my counters.  I have 4 things.  My kitchenaid, toaster oven, coffee maker, container of wooden spoons/spatulas.  Everything else is put away.  Just things I use regularly.  I also will not start cooking if there are dirty dishes.  The mess/disarray/clutter in her kitchen is making me itchy.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, lulu69 said:

I agree, something looks wonky. I think part of the problem is the waist of the dress is slightly empired and Jill's boobs are saggy due to a crappy bra. It makes her look kinda compressed and dumpy.

I agree the waist is hitting her in the wrong place and the combination of too-high waist and too-low boobs because her bra sucks make her look really short-waisted. I also think the vertical striping on the bodice accentuates how poorly the top of the dress fits her because you can see the extra fabric.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 6

Jill needs to wear a decent bra. Possibly a minimizer. IIn both pictures, the shoes are just wrong and make the dress look worse than it already is. Some light footwear with a heel would help a lot. Even a pair of pumps would work. The booties and Jill’s fakeinstocks don’t work. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

One quibble with this -- SOS has no educational requirements. They're just one of the fundie tourism shops that do kinda-sorta-missionary-service work A BIT but really only so they can parade out local people for U.S. Christians to imagine they're "saving" and "serving." 

Even the people running SOS don't have missionary "credentials" and education. That's what the Southern Baptist Convention and other church denominations demand of their official missionaries.

And that's the kind of missionary Der originally wanted to be. That's the education that Jill couldn't get. And that's the actual missionary dream Der had to give up because his wife (at least) couldn't hack the schooling (and who knows whether, push come to shove, he could have hacked it himself.....that said, he had a much better chance than Jill did -- because she had no chance at all.) 

So sometime AFTER Der realized that this was the case with real missionary work, the phony "missionary" work got cooked up with Gothard-connected and Boob-connected Faux Grifter Tourism Mission SOS as the consolation prize.

Don't know when or how this substitution in Der's plans got made. But it had to be at least a little while after he and Jill actually got together..... But...as long as it took him to realize that she wouldn't be able to even try for a real missionary post, ever. 

I do think this is where a BIT of Der's pissiness and sourness comes from. He stupidly bought the lie Boob and co. were selling -- that their kids were well educated and would be able to tackle anything. And here was Jilly Muffin, saying that she'd wanted to be a missionary all her life -- talked about studying midwifery and nursing...and the family was doing commercials for College Minus, showing the kids all preparing for their future educations yada yada yada   -- The whole clan was claiming that the SOTDRT prepared you for stuff, including academics. ..... So dumbass Der bought it. And then, when he realized that, no, the Duggs' educational-achievement claims and Jill's ignorant imaginings about what she's capable of educationally were all bullshit, his dream exploded  (not to say that it wouldn't have fallen apart at some point from other reasons -- but this is what actually did it, as it happens....). I expect this made him furious at everybody ... but he couldn't admit to much of that, probably, because he'd already become a Duggar....and where was he going to get another woman of any variety?.... Der was the only one who would have had this experience with a Duggar daughter because he's the only one who ever wanted a Duggar daughter to get a college education..... His own dream required it. And required a pretty rigorous one, too. The rest of the hubbies have no reason not to prefer 'em as ignorant and unlettered as possible....So, on that grounds, at least, they have a lot less to get pissy about.

I agree that Derick bought into the notion that Jill would be able to rise to his career and life expectations and then found out she was educationally and emotionally stunted beyond hope. However, if he agrees to let her "educate" their children and pass the Duggar curse to another generation, I have absolutely no sympathy for him. I don't have much as it is, but it's possible to move into complete hatred. 

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Yes, Michelle looks rough in that photo.  She has aged quite a bit, and the thicker brows are doing her no favors.

The bangs and the rest of the fuzzy shapeless rat's nest on her head are also actively working against her.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

No fan of any of them but I don’t think Michelle looks all that awful. She has tamed down the hair considerably from the olden days. 

michelle-duggar-hair.png?resize=981,733

Exhibit A. Clown make up and all. 

She looks better than she did years ago but she's definitely nowhere near as happy as she was when she was pregnant or cradling a newborn. Is there a DSM diagnosis for being addicted to pregnancy?

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

The bodice fits wonky, even on the model, but more on Jill because she's wearing a size up. Otherwise, I like this on Jill. I would like it for myself if it was a rich red or blue color, brown makes me look like I've been sick for the last week or two.

Also, I like Jill's sandals way better than the model's clunky shoes and I really like her earrings. I gave up dangley earrings when I had kids and then earrings altogether when I had 5 of them, so my holes grew closed and I can't be bothered to do anything about it.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

A belt and a better bra would make quite a difference. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Terrible photo of Meechelle.  Eyes look more vacant than normal.

When I compare Michelle's complexion to Jill's, she looks jaundiced.  Although I'm pretty sure it's tan in a can, which looks so horrible. She really needs to stop that.

• Love 6

Fuck-you Derick. Maybe you should read the story about the fence. Words are powerful dude and you say some hateful shit. You, Derick, need to get over yourself. Once again Derick, sit down and shut the fuck up.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 23
15 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

money

16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking we'll need to agree to disagree on these two matters.

I believe short of some political or religious body, most will steer clear of Derick when there's plenty of other suitable candidates around.

I also don't believe Jazz, or any other transgender person, is a freak. Up until the 1970s, being gay was a psychiatric diagnosis. In the past children born with Down Syndrome were institutionalized. Back in the day people paid money at fairs to get a 5 second glance of conjoined twins and women with facial hair.

I think as a society we have grown and most folks no longer isolate, pigeonhole and discriminate against folks who are less typical or different than others. And folks have many more allies who won't remain be quiet when folks are being discriminated against.

I’m gay and I don’t really understand trans people. Transgender isn’t technically a sexuality thing. 

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

The Duggars don’t have good legs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, beckie said:

If Jill has someone take pictures of her at the library, is she convinced that her leghumpers think she's actually reading? Or am I giving her to much credit?

Considering she appears to be standing in a row of audio books (or maybe dvds), she did a typically Jill job of it if that's what she was going for...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don't know is this is my anti-Jill bias talking but even on the rare occasions that she doesn't look bad, she always looks so awkward. Any other fundie can wear "non-fundie" clothes and look normal. Jill does and I swear even if I'd never heard of her I'd look at her and just know that she grew up wear prairie garb. 

• Love 10

Jill’s shirt in the library picture does not fit. It’s pulling across her (badly supported) breasts. The bow in her hair looks stupid. Once again, she has no idea how to dress and accessorize. 

As for the dress picture, who else noticed that her purse is monogrammed? As for the bad legs, perhaps if the dress was a more flattering length.... oh, never mind. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

I don't know is this is my anti-Jill bias talking but even on the rare occasions that she doesn't look bad, she always looks so awkward. Any other fundie can wear "non-fundie" clothes and look normal. Jill does and I swear even if I'd never heard of her I'd look at her and just know that she grew up wear prairie garb. 

I think you've got it exactly right. Jill's not the only member of her family who can't put herself together, but I always find her photos so unpleasant. I think that she's just tremendously uncomfortable in her own skin and that really shines through in her photos.

• Love 8