Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I figured he qualified for grants since he's married with 2 babies. Not sure how all that works for law school or if that even matters, but I'm sure he would get some sort of assistance.

Grants for a law degree are pretty much nonexistent.   There may be scholarships available,  but more than likely he is footing the whole bill.  

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Grants for a law degree are pretty much nonexistent.   There may be scholarships available,  but more than likely he is footing the whole bill.  

After I wrote that I thought about it, my DIL went back for her masters, there's no help for that program. Once you get your degree you pay for any continuing education. So your right he's probably footing the bill, he already has a 4 year degree.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Isn't it funny how every 'change of direction' Doofas has winds up costing others money? Whether it's through grifting, mommy handouts or JB bankrolling it's never on Derelict's own dime. 

Even though it's a big no-no in their world,  I hope Derelict took out student loans to pay for this lastest direction in which God is leading him. If it's his own money maybe he'll actually see this pursuit through, graduate and get a job. Or maybe not lol

Uh-huh.  It's easier for Dillweed to piss away money he hasn't earned, I'm sure.

• Love 3

I know there are scholarships available for children of law enforcement parents killed or disabled in the line of duty. I’m sure there are others, where death or disability aren’t a requirement.  But, Derick may have passed the age of eligibility. I know for my niece, it was 23.

• Love 5

For as crazy Cathy is, she doesn’t strike me as someone that’s dumb with money.  I’m sure they had a college fund for Dan & Derick and I’m sure there was life insurance set aside to fill those accounts if the worst should happen.  Derick went to a state school as a legacy admit and was the mascot which both usually qualify for scholarships.  10 years ago college was pretty cheap compared to today’s prices.  It may be as simple as a function of the less he paid for his undergraduate degree, the more he had for pursuing a secondary degree.

• Love 4
On 8/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I honestly don't think that he is doing this for the money.  IMHO, he sees himself on a crusade to cure America of all it's ills like abortion, LGBT rights, etc; and the way for him to do this is through the law.  When the poor, persecuted baker is sued for not baking a cake for a gay wedding, said baker needs a lawyer.  Derick probably fantasizes about taking on such a case and making sure the righteous prevail. 

I’m really surprised he’s not going to Regent Law. That’s where his fellow dominionists are. 

• Love 2

I zoomed in on the last photo.  Did he put pens in his shirt pocket and they leaked all over the place or did he spill something?

Yes, he looks clueless.  The guy behind him doesn't look too sharp either, but at least he brought a laptop.  

Merlin, I hope Jill's not there taking photos.  LOL

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Lunera said:
Ok, first off, I would say those are more of a roasted potatoes than "fries".  Gordon Ramsey and Anne Burrell would kill her on her knife skills since they are all different sizes.  But ignore the "fries, her forehead, or BU doll expression, and zoom in on the spatula to the left of the skillet.  OMG Jill, just no, no.
  • Love 13

I am glad I am not the only one who notice the different shapes. I admit if all of you saw how I cut things like meat, onions etc. etc. you would be laughing or rolling your eyes a lot. I would not want to eat anything Jill makes even if I was getting a last meal before they execute me. Okay I take it back. Her meals could be serve to punish people in jail and prison.

When my brother makes potatoes like that he calls them 'home fries'. If he cuts them in regular long lengths, he just says fries, but if he's inviting you for dinner and says something like 'it'll be steaks, salad and home fries', we know we're getting fried potato chunks of varying sizes. (And I just googled home fries, and the pictures all look like what my brother, and Jill are serving, so I guess it is a thing.)

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Umm, isn't Jill's nose piercing in the left nostril?

Did she also pierce the right side or flip her own photo?

It's probably a selfie using her front camera, which would mirror the photos.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

What does she mean "we didn't get as many as I'd hoped"????  Does she not know that the amount of "fries" you get is directly proportional to the amount of potatoes you use?  I mean, its not like a crop failure or anything.  It's called meal planning.  

Or maybe she thought the Lord would multiply them likes loaves and fishes??

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Horrified said:

What does she mean "we didn't get as many as I'd hoped"????  Does she not know that the amount of "fries" you get is directly proportional to the amount of potatoes you use?  I mean, its not like a crop failure or anything.  It's called meal planning.  

I think the implication is that the sweet potatoes were from the garden they planted and their garden didn't yield as many potatoes as they'd hoped. 

So yes, a crop failure of sorts, not that she didn't buy as many sweet potatoes as she's need to make the number of fries she wanted.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Why does she insist on making that stupid face in every selfie she takes? I mean, I am no good at selfies but I've taken, like, three in my life. Jill probably takes more than that before she gets out of bed in the morning. Edit yourself, twit!

And no, those are not fries. And spend the $3 to buy yourself another freaking spatula at Walmart, dimwit.

44 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Or maybe she thought the Lord would multiply them likes loaves and fishes??

The recipe is on the website!!!  Boy, I really hope it's not as complex as the cinnamon toast recipe.??  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

When my brother makes potatoes like that he calls them 'home fries'. If he cuts them in regular long lengths, he just says fries, but if he's inviting you for dinner and says something like 'it'll be steaks, salad and home fries', we know we're getting fried potato chunks of varying sizes. (And I just googled home fries, and the pictures all look like what my brother, and Jill are serving, so I guess it is a thing.)

Home fries are a thing but you still need to cut the potatoes into close to the same size to get them to cook evenly. Jill, as always, is an idiot trumpeting her idiocy for all to admire.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Mlhokerk said:

Hey first time poster but did anyone else notice her hashtag “my thumb is as green as my sisters” jealous much Jill?

Welcome! Her hashtag actually reads, "My thumb isn't as green as my sisters.'" Hastags can be tough to read, especially since they don't include apostrophes. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Apostrophes screw up hashtags. I'll assume Jill knows "isn't" needs one until I see her screw it up in a real sentence. I mean,  contractions are about 3rd grade spelling, right?

Ah I didn't think of it being a hashtag and how that would affect it. I was thinking she really needed one for sisters more than the contraction (sisters' or sister's, depending on how many of them she wanted to talk about) to indicate it was their thumbs that were green and not them. :) 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mlhokerk said:

Hey first time poster but did anyone else notice her hashtag “my thumb is as green as my sisters” jealous much Jill?

I thought she wrote my thumb isn’t as green as my sisters, I can’t be bothered going and finding my glasses to look properly, so I could just be my blurry vision 

1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

I call potatoes like that home fries. 

In my household of origin they'd have been differentiated as "fried potatoes" (with a "d" instead of an "s"), which is how we always knew we were getting fried potato chunks in a skillet, aka home fries.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I wonder what Derick thinks about all the folks in the first 2 pictures that have drinks in their hands?  At least a couple seem to be beer cans with coosies on them.

If I remember correctly, he once told  a Twitter commenter that he didn’t think drinking alcohol was a sin in itself. So he probably doesn’t care.  

• Love 11

So I know that they showed the garden a while ago, seemingly around the same time Counting On showcased Jana's gardening skills.

Now, Jessa is seen buying locally sourced items and trying to eat healthier and Jill posts a relatively healthier option to 'fries' that came from her garden WITH a hashtag aimed at her sisters.

But yes, tell me again how you and Derick don't watch Counting On? 

Edited by Loves2Dance
Spelling is hard y'all
  • Love 8