Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

How many years is law school? I imagine they may have another child during this time.

I wonder if in Derick's and Jill's world they're seen differently? Like if they come off as young and upwardly mobile. Managing to serve God with two babies, sacrificing 'fame' and money for God, going to law school for God, etc. They may actually be admired by some in their small circle.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How many years is law school? I imagine they may have another child during this time.

I wonder if in Derick's and Jill's world they're seen differently? Like if they come off as young and upwardly mobile. Managing to serve God with two babies, sacrificing 'fame' and money for God, going to law school for God, etc. They may actually be admired by some in their small circle.

It’s a 3 year program.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

If you go full time its 3yrs. 

I graduated from law school in 2010- several of my classmates had children while in school. One woman was pregnant both 1L and pregnant at graduation (she had a lot of family support from both sides though). 

I 100% believe Derrick is going to fulfill his dominion philosophy- I believe that Josh is SEETHING inside because he wanted this to be him. Jill may take some pride in the notion that HER husband is accomplishing something greater than the show. Of all the male in laws I’d chose Derrick last and Jill knows her sisters feel the same. This is her chance to prove them wrong. 

• Love 13

Law school is three years. 

I believe that Jeremy's program is also three years. I mention him, because they will have to move to LA or Dallas at some point. He can't do his entire seminary online. Add in another kid, and it gets pretty dicey for the Vuolos, too.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

... Of all the male in laws I’d chose Derrick last and Jill knows her sisters feel the same. This is her chance to prove them wrong. 

Believing that Jeremy, Derick, Austin and Ben share equally with hate and judgement I wouldn't put Derick at the bottom. The fact that Derick Tweeted his whackadoodleness to the world shows poor judgement, but Ben feels like an entitled arrogant shallow pretty-boy to me, whose wife shut him down on Twitter. So depending on the day, my mood and Tweets I might put Ben at the bottom of the heap.

• Love 11

Ben may well be as much of an intolerant dickhead as some of the other spouses, but I do believe he just generally likes being a dad, so to me, that's worth something.

It's interesting that Jessa didn't mention Jill/Dillweed when she was rattling off the marrieds that had a honeymoon baby.  I suppose that the mention of their names is forbidden?  So I wonder why Anna was permitted to say her disgraced husband's name when he was in "treatment"?  Being Ma and Pa's natural born number 1 son must make him "special"?  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, graefin said:

At least Ben has been shown to be a kind, considerate, playful, good natured dad to his kids, which is more than we can say for "you already know how to walk" Derick. So Ben wins for me.

I hope that is who Ben is. However if Ben is an asshole we'll never know because Jessa wouldn't post it.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ben may well be as much of an intolerant dickhead as some of the other spouses, but I do believe he just generally likes being a dad, so to me, that's worth something.

It's interesting that Jessa didn't mention Jill/Dillweed when she was rattling off the marrieds that had a honeymoon baby.  I suppose that the mention of their names is forbidden?  So I wonder why Anna was permitted to say her disgraced husband's name when he was in "treatment"?  Being Ma and Pa's natural born number 1 son must make him "special"?  

Josh didn't attack TLC, but Derick did? Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. 

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 9

The fact that Derick Tweeted his whackadoodleness to the world shows poor judgement, but Ben feels like an entitled arrogant shallow pretty-boy to me, whose wife shut him down on Twitter.

That’s because Ben was a boy when they got married. He was 19, and very sheltered - although more worldly than a Duggar of the same age. Jessa was a seasoned reality star.  Derick was a college graduate with two years of living in Nepal.  There’s a world of difference between what people should have been able to expect from Ben versus Derick when they came into the show.   Derick is the same age as JD.  Doesn’t seem like it. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Speaking of Smuggly Do Wrong, I wonder how he is handling the fact Deredick is going off to law school, and he is not. Of course, the chances of Deredick crashing and burning in law school is great, but I bet Joshy Boy might be pissed off.

In a large family like the Duggars with little parental attention and an intense need to look happy about everything, I'm sure there is plenty of jealousy seething under the surface of all those kids. Joshy went from DC "big shot" to pariah, and he can't do anything but frantically pray to keep his feelings in check while Anna keeps pumping out the babies. JB and Michelle built a little version of hell on earth that will continue to play out in the lives of their adult children. It's only just begun. 

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

In a large family like the Duggars with little parental attention and an intense need to look happy about everything, I'm sure there is plenty of jealousy seething under the surface of all those kids. Joshy went from DC "big shot" to pariah, and he can't do anything but frantically pray to keep his feelings in check while Anna keeps pumping out the babies. JB and Michelle built a little version of hell on earth that will continue to play out in the lives of their adult children. It's only just begun. 

I've always wondered since the scandals broke with Smugger that when living in DC, did he leave work, drive a bit, find a prostitute before going home and just tell Anna he worked late?  I can totally see it.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DragonFaerie said:

I've always wondered since the scandals broke with Smugger that when living in DC, did he leave work, drive a bit, find a prostitute before going home and just tell Anna he worked late?  I can totally see it.

It wouldn't surprise me. I have a feeling what was revealed in the press was only the tip of the iceberg. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope that is who Ben is. However if Ben is an asshole we'll never know because Jessa wouldn't post it.

True, Jessa does have more collective self-awareness than "#bestpapaever" Jill in this regard. But I just don't see the same level of nastiness in Ben. He seems to have such a sensitive nature that my feeling is that he would tend to bottle up his emotions rather than take them out on his loved ones. He also seems to have a higher patience threshold than Derick, which goes a long way when it comes to kids.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 20

Derick is not going to be able to pick and choose the cases he has to review. I’m sure there are plenty that will offend his narrow-minded thought process. And can you see him in a study group where they get together to debate a case? He’ll be whipping out his KJV bible quoting scripture instead of case law. 

Maybe, UArk has a course called Attorney ministry, like Moody has Aviation ministry.

I don’t have much hope for this latest venture.

• Love 7

Dragonfaerie, I don't know how to block quote your wonderful post above about the neighbors you hope D & J have if they go into married housing, but you made my day with it!  Goddess, may it be so! 

Talk about exploding heads...

• Love 2

I haven't been able to post about Dreck going to law school when my brain won't let it sink in.  I refuse to accept it, just like how his professors will not accept his shitty behavior.  I hope his first case involves a gay couple who have a transgender teen, and they need to purchase a cake for the teen's graduation...and he has to argue in favor of them.  
I think his fellow peers will fall into 3 categories:  1. They are infatuated with him being a star and want to talk about his time on teevee.  2. They will find him utterly repulsive and snub him for the entire first semester.  3. They really just don't give two hoots about him.  He's expecting the first, the seconds will be told to find Jesus, and the third group will be hounded until they fall in love with him & his way of thinking.   

If the shower curtain scared the bejeebers out of her, imagine what being alone for more than 6 hours will do to her.  I can almost hear Jill falling apart during his first day of classes.

• Love 17

I'm guessing at least one or two professors will be put off by Derick's narrow mindedness and purposely give him arguments opposing his beliefs. He'll probably ask to be excused from arguing against his beliefs for religious reasons.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Oh, you don't know how hard I'm crossing my fingers hoping that even being on the periphery of "real school" slams some reality into Jill...

I can't imagine Jill will shake off a lifetime of training to be as dull and passive as possible. She hasn't done much so far except possibly causing some serious issues by playing birthing expert.  She never finished the sketchy midwifery program she was in, she failed as a missionary wife, done in by a falling shower curtain rod, her cooking blog is gag-inducing, and she doesn't seem close to her children. Jill and Derick will end up as miserable as Josh and Anna, if they aren't already. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spelling
  • Love 5

Whose house were they at in the pool picture/video?

I wonder if Derelict will be second guessing himself about law school after Orientation Week.

Does anyone know if the family housing is on campus or further out where Derelict will have to drive?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

Whose house were they at in the pool picture/video?

I wonder if Derelict will be second guessing himself about law school after Orientation Week.

Does anyone know if the family housing is on campus or further out where Derelict will have to drive?

The photos were apparently taken when they visited some relatives of Derick’s in Oklahoma. 

We don’t know where they’ll be living while Derrick is in school.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Law School isn't going to allow her to sit in on classes or participate in study group; we saw she was front and center in almost every activity at Cross Church.  She isn't going to feel welcome and #besthubbyever isn't going to have the time to placate her.

Oh my God--Just envisioning Jill trying to muscle her way into a law school study group or class made me nearly ruin my keyboard. 

I know the U of A is pretty strict about unregistered folks being in classes. When I was taking my assistantship orientation, it was really stressed to us that people who were not registered students could not be in the classroom. Kind of dumb of me, but that had never occurred to me before then. At the small college I had attended before, it was not unusual for former students to drop by and want to sit it on a favorite professor's class. Nobody cared. That shit would not fly at the U of A on an administrative level, and I can only imagine the eye-rolling it would generate from the law school professors and students before she was kicked out of the room. 

• Love 9
On 8/10/2018 at 4:48 AM, GeeGolly said:

Cathy is nearing retirement age and JB still has 9 or 10 kids at home. I don't think either of them have the money to finance Derick's education. Never mind, I don't think JB would pay for any of his in-laws education. And I doubt Jill has any money at all. 

I'm thinking both Jeremy and Derick have taken out sinful loans and aren't living by the JB commandment of living debt free.

I wonder how Jill and Derick are going to pay their living expenses. It's not like Jill can just hop back into the work force. At most, she could get a minimum wage job which would barely cover their rent. I'd be scared as hell if I was Jill.

And to repeat @kokapetl's question what does this mean?

Professional Year 1 First Term 
LAWWJD - JD, Law  
LAWD - Dean of Law
ddillard@uark.edu

If JB is going to pay for law school it's going to be one of his kids that he can control. If he pay for Derick's education, Derick can always divorce Jill and move on---legally JB couldn't stop him. I just don't see him taking that risk. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

If Derick and Jilly Bean get married student housing, I would like their neighbors to be:  A happily married gay couple that have at least one child and enjoy having sex with the windows open and are totally into their PDA.

A crunchy couple, could be Pagan but doesn't have to be.  They enjoy having their friends over for drum circles, sage the apt/duplex regularly, bring their kid(s) out at night to teach them the constellations and like to walk around inside their house nude with the windows open.

An atheist whose spouse works for Planned Parenthood.  Between his/her Bach degree and now going back for their higher degree he/she did actual WORK with the Peace Corp changing peoples lives for the better.

A Muslim or Sikh couple with a child/children where the woman is getting her degree and her husband works part time while taking care of the kids and the house.  They enjoy sitting outside in the good weather and teaching their children about their religion. 

Also all their neighbors are fluent in a second language so they enjoy discussing the Dillards.

A girl can dream, right?  And at least one of those families has a Youtube channel.  LOL

All of these! Also the Christian woman who just fell into ministry without intending to, and is very well respected on campus and in the area.

I don't think Derick's Twitter rants have any bearing on his ability to write essays. I can write essays with very little effort but can barely string two words together to express myself on forums and social media. It will be interesting to see how he goes. It seems like he must have academic ability, but perhaps doesn't naturally have the skills to appeal in a lawyerly way to others. Not even Izzy would be swayed by his closing arguments.

If Derick is being supported by his mother, ha ha. Derick is an adult and a headship who is reliant on a woman to get by. Ha ha. 

Those recipes. Not a good look. Is there not fresh produce where they live, in summer? Not even a tomato to hack and dump into the salad? Jessa, please tell Jill that the response to her recipes is one of horror and revulsion, and to dump her dishes in the bin and start again with at least a token fresh vegetable. 

I always enjoy their news because they're always doing something stupid.

• Love 9

I just watched the fireworks video from the baseball game J & D were at. Jill and Derick really don't have an instinctive parenting bone in their bodies. Jill and Derick were front and center and Sam was in a stroller behind them. I didn't see Iz anywhere although Derick just briefly filmed Jill and Sam.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say every parent I know would have had their kids in front and most likely a one year old who is new to fireworks on their lap. I think J & D really are clueless as parents. Jill knows how to raise a Fundy soldier for God and Derick knows nothing at all.

• Love 23

New blog post:

Congratulations!

Aug 12, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

As you all know, Derick has been in the Cross Church School of Ministry residency program for the past year and just graduated this past week! While working in the missions department at our church, he was able to take seminary classes, travel on several short-term missions trips (domestic and international) and gain lots of great experience in international student ministry and local missions. In addition to graduating from the School of Ministry, Derick also received a minister’s license! We are so proud of him and his accomplishments this past year! Thank you also to everyone for your prayers and support! Below are a few pictures from graduation day.

615A7E16-6310-4BB1-BFD5-1D2871504AE8.jpeg

C4C38422-5221-458C-BB56-41695C1893B4.jpeg

76CA992D-EB70-4DB3-A90C-2DC3A532F698.jpeg

Here’s the picture with the top of his head ?

C8135593-3949-459E-899C-EFF84F39EDA5.jpeg

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post:

Congratulations!

Aug 12, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

As you all know, Derick has been in the Cross Church School of Ministry residency program for the past year and just graduated this past week! While working in the missions department at our church, he was able to take seminary classes, travel on several short-term missions trips (domestic and international) and gain lots of great experience in international student ministry and local missions. In addition to graduating from the School of Ministry, Derick also received a minister’s license! We are so proud of him and his accomplishments this past year! Thank you also to everyone for your prayers and support! Below are a few pictures from graduation day.

615A7E16-6310-4BB1-BFD5-1D2871504AE8.jpeg

C4C38422-5221-458C-BB56-41695C1893B4.jpeg

76CA992D-EB70-4DB3-A90C-2DC3A532F698.jpeg

The look on Izzy's face is priceless.  A WTF look if ever I saw one.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Believing that Jeremy, Derick, Austin and Ben share equally with hate and judgement I wouldn't put Derick at the bottom. The fact that Derick Tweeted his whackadoodleness to the world shows poor judgement, but Ben feels like an entitled arrogant shallow pretty-boy to me, whose wife shut him down on Twitter. So depending on the day, my mood and Tweets I might put Ben at the bottom of the heap.

Warning: Shallowness and brain bleach-inducing thoughts ahead.

All beliefs being equal between the sons-in-law, I would still put Derick at the bottom. If I had to be joyfully available to one of them, Derick would be my last choice by far. At least I don't find the other sons-in-law to be physically repulsive.

Edited by Triple P
  • Love 18

Cute kiddos, and I have to admit Jill is trying to step up her fashion game. I don't think this was the most flattering dress for her boobs and stomach area, but at least it was appropriate for the occasion. She looks much nicer than Michelle ever did at these types of events.

• Love 8
On 8/10/2018 at 2:37 PM, graefin said:

Or because somehow, despite all odds, they developed the ability for independent and/or critical thought. It's possible. It doesn't all have to come down to the spouse. I don't believe Jessa is a better mother than Michelle because of Ben. She has agency in her own life to do and think differently.

But we have no idea what kind of mother Michelle was when it was just Josh, Jana & JD.  They were all toddlers at the same time, so she was probably at least moderately engaged, involved and present, as Jessa seems to be with her 2.  I thought the meltdowns we've heard about Michelle having seemed to kick in after she had at least 5-6 rugrats.  

Jessa could pop out another 2 or 3 and go as completely batshit crazy as her mom.  There's no way to do any real comparisons.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Warning: Shallowness and brain bleach-inducing thoughts ahead.

All beliefs being equal between the sons-in-law, I would still put Derick at the bottom. If I had to be joyfully available to one of them, Derick would be my last choice by far. At least I don't find the other sons-in-law to be physically repulsive.

His personality doesn't help, and neither does the way he chooses to wear his hair. When it's longer and a bit mussed, he looks better.

The embellishments around Jill's neckline are nice (at least according to Sam ;)) But what's with this "working" narrative they keep trying to push? Was he employed by the church while simultaneously a student in their program?

• Love 6

Funny how the "Pistol" sign that Pete and Izzy are making actually looks like they're making an "L" for LOSER!

ETA: Yep, others saw it.  Seriously, they are such losers.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, graefin said:

...But what's with this "working" narrative they keep trying to push? Was he employed by the church while simultaneously a student in their program?

That's Derelict's delusional belief that he was an employee of cross church rather than a student. 

• Love 16

I don't see them moving back to the TTH. Jill may be a favorite, but JB has a bunch of kids to get rid of and if he sets a precedent that they can get married and then live at home while pursuing higher education, he's going to have a lot more Dericks sleeping on the sofa, and Jana is going to have her own laundry room meltdown. He seems to have something set up where the men "work" at his various businesses and receive subsidized housing in return. Derick isn't working for him, and he'll have a riot if he still gets the free housing.

I agree with all of the posters that law school will be much harder on Jill than it is on Derick. They've been married four years now, and we all know that Jill can't manage that much time on her own. Derick must realize it too, right? They must have made some sort of plan -- perhaps Jill will assist with the SODRT at the TTH while Derick is at school?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is awful of me, but I wonder if Derick is doing this full well knowing it's probably going to push Jill off the deep end. 

Consciously or unconsciously, he could be working out his anger at getting stuck in this marriage, despite its being entirely his own fault. Since divorce is an extreme option, he'd be stuck with her for a long time. I'm having disturbing thoughts about Andrea Yates, however. I wouldn't want to see anything happen to those kids. 

• Love 10