Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

It seems to be Arabic. I thought he might have been showing off his Aramaic or something.

Good words to meditate on from Romans 6:1-2. I encourage everyone to read the book of Romans from the Bible. It transcends time and culture.

Not language though.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

This was on the SOS Ministries site: 

"Honduras – The planting of a fellowship work has been initiated and is growing with the appointment of a missionary couple from the El Salvador mission and the purchase of a home."

Could that be the next stop on their tour? With a house, no less.

• Love 5

This was on the SOS Ministries site: 

"Honduras – The planting of a fellowship work has been initiated and is growing with the appointment of a missionary couple from the El Salvador mission and the purchase of a home."

Could that be the next stop on their tour? With a house, no less.

I wonder if this is how the Duggar children will eventually escape. One by one, they will embark on "mission trips," and simply not return for a couple of years, at which time they will move in with missionary friends,

• Love 3

The sick feeling I have indicates yes.

Well, at least it would put one Duggar kid many many miles from mom and dad. That might be one way to provide some perspective. Can't say it'll do much for anyone in El Salvador. But it might help Jill get a clue of some kind. (or not, of course....She is a Duggar.)

• Love 7

Wow, I was just looking at the latest comments on Jill's Instagram under the preacher video and even some of her most super loyal fans are finally turning on the family.

No kidding? Wow, that is noteworthy. The Duggars really ARE in trouble if they can't even count on the leghumpers anymore.

• Love 5

Maybe it's Derricks' idea to stay out of the country and away from the Duggars for a few years. If so, it is a smart move on his part. Eventually interest will fade and at some point he and Jill can return to the US and live a private life, if they so desire. But Jill and Derrick would be wise to avoid social media. The problem is, being raised in the Duggar family means that they were all raised to be famewhores and it's going to be hard for  them to give that up.

• Love 6

I'm wondering how long it will be before the cachet of derickdillard and Jilly Muffin's "fame" wears off for SOS and they are told the gravy train is at an end, or forced to comply with the standards set forth for missionaries of derickdillard's church. One can only imagine how many leghumpers raced to sign up with SOS in hopes of nail painting with Jilly Muffin, and one wonders how many will be signing up in six months' time.

I'm also dying to know where they are going to put $30,000 in wedding gifts when they return to the US and are couch-surfing as a way to avoid her parents.

• Love 2

Half of those wedding gifts probably ended up in the TTH within weeks of the wedding, and now they'll have no chance of getting them back, without going to the compound.

I think Boob will be making plans for another huge flea market sale very soon, with the profits this time going to the Duggar family.

• Love 5

Half of those wedding gifts probably ended up in the TTH within weeks of the wedding, and now they'll have no chance of getting them back, without going to the compound.

I read an article a few months ago that I linked to on another thread (and I think a few others did, too) that referenced "Christian Economics." The idea is a sort of clan based socialsim (though, of course, they would NEVER use that word). Everyone is supposed to work in a family based business, and all profits go to the family. The headship (JB), then decides how to apportion the money. It would not surprise me at all if ALL of the wedding presents were immediately confiscated by Duggar Enterprises. It would also not surprise me if JB expected Josh and Derick's paychecks to go directly to Duggar Enterprises, too. He would then pay their expenses (like rent for Josh), and provide an allowance for family expenses. At the very least, I would imagine that both Josh and Derick were expected to tithe to the Chursh of JB.

I hope that Derick and Jill stay in Central America for as long as possible.

• Love 6

So my friend and I were discussing Derick’s most recent IG post, where he quoted Romans 6:1-2 in Arabic. Here’s the English translation-

“What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?”

Neither my friend nor I consider ourselves knowledgable about the bible or Christianity but does that verse not seem like a thinly veiled diss at Josh, assuming it was directed at him? Based on my very limited research, it sounds like it's a warning against using God’s grace as an excuse to sin, that more sins does not equal more grace, true forgiveness will only come with repentance, etc...I'm hoping someone who knows more about the bible than I do can tell me if I'm on the right track or not. Could Derick be trying to send a message to his cheating brother-in-law?

ETA: Oops, I just noticed that someone else brought up Romans 6:1-2 on the previous page. I swear I thought I had caught up on this thread so I have no idea how I ended up missing that post! Thanks for the link to the MSG bible, I found that it cleared up a lot of the questions I was having. So it turns out Derick WAS dissing Josh after all?

Edited by Mariva
  • Love 4

"The planting of a fellowship work..." - You know, I used to think CorporateSpeak was ridiculous, but ChristianPatriarchySpeak has it beat, hands down.

• Love 20

So my friend and I were discussing Derick’s most recent IG post, where he quoted Romans 6:1-2 in Arabic. Here’s the English translation-

“What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?”

Neither my friend nor I consider ourselves knowledgable about the bible or Christianity but does that verse not seem like a thinly veiled diss at Josh, assuming it was directed at him? Based on my very limited research, it sounds like it's a warning against using God’s grace as an excuse to sin, that more sins does not equal more grace, true forgiveness will only come with repentance, etc...I'm hoping someone who knows more about the bible than I do can tell me if I'm on the right track or not. Could Derick be trying to send a message to his cheating brother-in-law?

ETA: Oops, I just noticed that someone else brought up Romans 6:1-2 on the previous page. I swear I thought I had caught up on this thread so I have no idea how I ended up missing that post! Thanks for the link to the MSG bible, I found that it cleared up a lot of the questions I was having. So it turns out Derick WAS dissing Josh after all?

I kind of think he was. I also think that's probably the most likely reason why he pointed people to the Cross Church sermon as well. He couldn't know exactly what would be in that sermon, but I'm sure he figured it would be heavy on -- Don't commit sexual sins. And it was. Said there was no excuse for having sex outside of marriage, no matter what you thought your good excuse was. And I'm sure Derick would have figured it would say that, no matter what else it included, and it's hard to see that not as a message about Josh. Just as it's hard to see this not as a message about Josh. Derick, did, after all, take his family out of the country soon after he (possibly...probably?) learned that Josh had molested his wife when she was a child. That seemed to suggest he wasn't too thrilled with that situation. And then to have it followed up with this stuff. I think we have at least as much reason to think Derick is angry and disapproving toward Josh as we do that he's in cahoots with JB and company to blame the whole thing on Anna.

• Love 4
I think we have at least as much reason to think Derick is angry and disapproving toward Josh as we do that he's in cahoots with JB and company to blame the whole thing on Anna.

I hope to hell that he IS angry. That pasty dough boy violated Derick's wife (and others) and she was forced to forgive him by her idiot enabling  parents. It spoke volumes to me that Jessa was indignant, while Jill broke down during the Megyn Kelly interview.  She's still hurting. I've thought for quite some time that the timing of the mission was suspect. To leave so soon after Izzy's birth, not to mention while Derick himself was still swollen and recovering from facial surgery. He couldn't get his family out of dodge quickly enough. 

I need to back track and catch up on posts, so forgive me if this was covered, but did Derick and Jill move their things out of the McMansion? Has JB sold it?  

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 7

I think we have at least as much reason to think Derick is angry and disapproving toward Josh as we do that he's in cahoots with JB and company to blame the whole thing on Anna.

I think so too. I don't quite give his pastor the benefit of the doubt, whether or not he gave aid and comfort to Josh and blamed Anna on purpose. That's a hell of a message to send the world about sexual infidelity, personal betrayal and reckless endangerment: not that I'm blaming the spouse who opened the door to Satan by not putting out, but it's something to think about...

I hope to hell that he IS angry. That pasty dough boy violated Derick's wife (and others) and she was forced to forgive him by her idiot enabling  parents. It spoke volumes to me that Jessa was indignant, while Jill broke down during the Megyn Kelly interview.  She's still hurting. I've thought for quite some time that the timing of the mission was suspect. To leave so soon after Izzy's birth, not to mention while Derick himself was still swollen and recovering from facial surgery. He couldn't get his family out of dodge quickly enough. 

I hope he is, too. I keep thinking of how he let me down with the cat incident. But when it comes to Josh, it seems as if little things may be adding up to indicate that he's on the right track with this one. Here's hopin'.

• Love 5

If Derick is dissing Josh, then good for him!  Maybe J'Boob will shoot himself in the foot where his daughters are concerned.  He handed them off to a new headship and if Derick wants to live thousands of miles away from JB & Michelle, then they have to accept it.  After all, they have taught their daughters that it is their duty to acquiesce to their husband's wishes.  Distance from the mothership is the best thing for them.  Maybe all the girls will cleave and leave.  Take that, Jim Bob!  Although I doubt he'll ever let poor Jana go.  

• Love 5

I'm not keeping up on the Duggar/Dullard/s travels but am I correct in reading that Joy is out of the country with Jill?  Knowing the Duggars as we do is it possible that Joy is being kept out of the limelight during the Joshgate's for a reason?  Maybe they don't want her around that whole thing or they don't want her talking to anyone else about it or they are trying to shield her from it?  I don't even know how old Joy is right now but it just seems weird that she would be travelling with Jill. Is it because Josh moved back to Arkansas and they didn't want him around her or something or visa versa?  

• Love 1
I'm not keeping up on the Duggar/Dullard/s travels but am I correct in reading that Joy is out of the country with Jill?  Knowing the Duggars as we do is it possible that Joy is being kept out of the limelight during the Joshgate's for a reason?  Maybe they don't want her around that whole thing or they don't want her talking to anyone else about it or they are trying to shield her from it?  I don't even know how old Joy is right now but it just seems weird that she would be travelling with Jill. Is it because Josh moved back to Arkansas and they didn't want him around her or something or visa versa?

I think Joy was with Jill before the Josh/Joe Smithson revelations.  How could anyone expect Jill and Derick to care for a single baby on their own?  I think the Joe Smithson information came out the week after Michael Bates' wedding, and I thought Jill and Derick made it to Tennessee for that.  Maybe she left with Jill and Derick back to Central America at that time.  BTW, did Joy graduate high school?  If not, shouldn't she be in school?

• Love 4

Yeah but Joshgate One came out in May and Josh moved back to Arkansas right around the time Jill left - and if Joy went with her then  I think it must be because The Duggars who like to keep 'things' 'in house' wanted her out of there while Josh was hanging around. Or maybe she wanted out of there or that child protection service incident around that time wanted her out of there.  

Joy will be 18 at the end of October.  She should be done with school by now, but who knows?  Josiah got his GED before he was shipped off to ALERT ( or between sentences, I can't really remember.) The Duggars used to make a bit a a big deal about that, probably as  FU Interwebz moments.  They had parties for Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, and Josiah when they got their GEDs.  Can't remember if it was on the show or just online- TLC used to have short videos in between seasons to keep the interest up.

Joy may have fallen through the cracks due to the weddings, pregnancies, and Joshgate.  Or maybe she never did graduate.  I think she was the first of the casualties of the sharp drop in schooling when the show started.  I remember seeing her reading a book that was way below grade level on camera, and there was a debate online as to whether she was that far behind or that she just grabbed the first book she saw for the cameras.

• Love 2

Joy and Carlin Bates both went with Jill and Derick. I'm pretty sure they went as a short mission trip, and to help Jill and Derick in their move. 

If CPS wanted Joy out of the home, why weren't they concerned about the littlest Js? What about Mackynzie? I really doubt Josh had anything to do with this particular trip.

Joy will be 18 at the end of October.  She should be done with school by now, but who knows?  Josiah got his GED before he was shipped off to ALERT ( or between sentences, I can't really remember.) The Duggars used to make a bit a a big deal about that, probably as  FU Interwebz moments.  They had parties for Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, and Josiah when they got their GEDs.  Can't remember if it was on the show or just online- TLC used to have short videos in between seasons to keep the interest up.

Joy may have fallen through the cracks due to the weddings, pregnancies, and Joshgate.  Or maybe she never did graduate.  I think she was the first of the casualties of the sharp drop in schooling when the show started.  I remember seeing her reading a book that was way below grade level on camera, and there was a debate online as to whether she was that far behind or that she just grabbed the first book she saw for the cameras.

Since they're being home-schooled, they can have school when and wherever they want. And a trip to Central America can count as part of their education - what better way to learn geography, culture, and language than immersion? Many regular schools don't go back until after Labor Day, so they'd still be on track for that too if that's how the Duggars work their school year.

I was never too worried about her reading below grade level. Joy always comes off as pretty sharp to me with a decent vocabulary, I'm not too worried about her in that regard. I'm well into adulthood and regularly read below my "grade level" - if The Hunger Games and Divergent count anyway ;)

• Love 1

BTW, did Joy graduate high school?  If not, shouldn't she be in school?

Don't the Duggars stop school at age 16?

There isn't an official "graduate high school" if you are a homeschooler. You are not required to get a GED.

• Love 2

Chicklet, I think it's more like

*Phone Rings, Jill sighs and answers*

Jill: Hola

JB: Jill? It's daddy, you need to come home and do another Kelly interview

Jill: Ay, la Senora Jill no en casa. No en casa!

JB: Wha? Speak American?

Jill: Ella no aqui. No en casa!

JB: Get Jill now goddamn it!

*click*

I'm still laughing imaging this! NON en casa bwahahahahaaaaa

• Love 2

Agree. Derick was in a big hurry to get the F out of the country. 

Assuming he really truly loves Jill, and I believe he does, he must've been FURIOUS to see his wife sobbing on that Megyn interview. 

Aside from hitting the cat on the stupid sled. Derick seems to have some common sense. 

• Love 8

Back in the TWOP days a bunch of us were discussing a scene where Joy, who was about fourteen at the time, was reading a book. A poster remarked that her child read the same novel at ten. James is 12 and doesn't even know multiplication tables, which are typically taught to 7/8 year olds. Jackson did a TH when he was eight and said he could barely read. Unless LD's are rampant in that family, I think all the kids are way behind grade level.

• Love 8

Back in the TWOP days a bunch of us were discussing a scene where Joy, who was about fourteen at the time, was reading a book. A poster remarked that her child read the same novel at ten. James is 12 and doesn't even know multiplication tables, which are typically taught to 7/8 year olds. Jackson did a TH when he was eight and said he could barely read. Unless LD's are rampant in that family, I think all the kids are way behind grade level.

God gave us brains as a test of faith. If we use them, instead of relying on what God told King James to tell Bill Gothard to tell Jim Bob to tell Michelle to tell Jessa to tell us, then we are revealed as ungodly, unworthy, and most likely on the one-way off ramp headed straight to hell. Thankfully, no Duggar offspring have failed the test so far.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

Maybe when they got to this part of the bible: Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man, ‘You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.’” they only read as far as the word knowledge, and decided that being educated would surely kill them and doom them to hell.

• Love 3

Maybe when they got to this part of the bible: Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man, ‘You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.’” they only read as far as the word knowledge, and decided that being educated would surely kill them and doom them to hell.

It's that damned Cliff Notes version again.

• Love 5

I've mentioned before that it was never a part of my faith to be reading the bible much or quoting bible verses.  I fail utterly at this, as has been shown again to me over the last few days in hearing so many verses quoted here.  I still have strong beliefs.  But even this simple Genesis quote flummoxes me completely.   I don't want to even think about it, nor would I try to base a faith on this.  And, like, I'm old already.  And I've often heard the term pudding' head and I'm not from the south.  But if my savior came and gave me a command like this I'd say, hey, just point out specifically what fruit I'm not supposed to eat.  OK.  No guessing games.  

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 5

What I'm about to say is in no way intended as sarcasm. I thought I'd put that up front, since it's bound to be confusing otherwise. :-)

Joy has a special bond with Jill. I think Jill is the only sister who really kept her buddy group together and made sure they got some attention. So of course Joy loves and looks up to her; she's the only adult/pseudo-adult that's ever cared about her. I'm not surprised at all that she wanted to go visit Jill "overseas." (Okay, just a tiny bit of sarcasm. It's not good to go cold turkey, you know.) I'm glad she got to go, especially glad she's out of the house during this shitstorm, and I hope she stays a long time. I only wish she'd been able to take James and Jenny with her.

/earnestness

• Love 20

Jencaroll,

I'm not gonna lie I don't know which one Joy is (I only know Josh, jill and Jenna as I am new to this bandwagon) but that statement is heartbreaking . how can any of those children have any stability if their sister mom can just up and leave them? Honestly that is awful. FU Michelle. And because I just can't make myself go back and watch old episodes ( I gave up self flagellation for lent) I'm going to take your word and have decided that I like Jill.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 2

What I'm about to say is in no way intended as sarcasm. I thought I'd put that up front, since it's bound to be confusing otherwise. :-)

Joy has a special bond with Jill. I think Jill is the only sister who really kept her buddy group together and made sure they got some attention. So of course Joy loves and looks up to her; she's the only adult/pseudo-adult that's ever cared about her. I'm not surprised at all that she wanted to go visit Jill "overseas." (Okay, just a tiny bit of sarcasm. It's not good to go cold turkey, you know.) I'm glad she got to go, especially glad she's out of the house during this shitstorm, and I hope she stays a long time. I only wish she'd been able to take James and Jenny with her.

/earnestness

I truly hope Joy knows she is not "overseas."

• Love 5

I truly hope Joy knows she is not "overseas."

This discussion about overseas-ness is completely baffling to any Australians on this board, considering our whole "country-that-is-also-a-continent-that-is-also-an-island-and-you-even-have-to-cross-the-sea-to-get-to-Tasmania" situation :p

• Love 14

This discussion about overseas-ness is completely baffling to any Australians on this board, considering our whole "country-that-is-also-a-continent-that-is-also-an-island-and-you-even-have-to-cross-the-sea-to-get-to-Tasmania" situation :p

I'm glad someone else is finding it baffling! I was initially confused, doesn't leaving the country mean that you are going overseas? Everything is over a bloody sea! 

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't even mind if the grifters are using donations to pay for Joy and her friend. Joy needs/deserves the charity. There may be 4 more children added to the daycare when she returns to the TTH and Hannie is still an apprentice.

• Love 6

I live in the U.S. If I travel to Canada or Mexico, I am not going overseas. The U.S. shares a border with both countries. When a person living in France visits Germany, that is not traveling overseas.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 8

I live in the U.S. If I travel to Canada or Mexico, I am not going overseas. The U.S. shares a border with both countries. When a person living in France visits Germany, that is not traveling overseas.

I know :)  For us though, visiting anywhere involves going overseas.  Like our glorious (*cough* not very interesting *cough*) anthem says, "Our home is girt by sea".  Although most people sing it as "dirt" which is equally as applicable, hahaha. 

Anyway, I hope that Joy is having a somewhat relaxing time away from the TTH. She deserves it.  

• Love 8

I'm sure they flew over the Gulf of Mexico. Isn't that overseas enough?

Derick and Jill evidently converted everyone in El Salvador in only 6 weeks, I'm sure the rest of Central America will take a year at most.

• Love 7

I'm glad someone else is finding it baffling! I was initially confused, doesn't leaving the country mean that you are going overseas? Everything is over a bloody sea!

This reminds me when I was young and our family lived in Germany. We were going back to the states to live and everyone kept saying overseas. I was totally confused because everytime we went to a new country, we didn't have to travel overseas, we just drove! (We never got to the United Kingdom. :()  

But, the Duggars don't have that excuse, they probably just think anytime someone travels out of the country, they go overseas, not recognizing the word root, but thinking it's just another way of saying out of the country.

• Love 3