Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

That girl in the picture next to Joy has a crazy enthusiastic smile. Kind of reminds of

The nun from Sister Act. I think it was Kathy Najimy. She's pretty as well as Joy. Is it Carlin?

How did some of the Bates children end so dark while the others are so light? Yet they all kind of resemble each other?

Jill seems to be one of the Duggar children that actually enjoys spending time with her buddies. I don't think she felt forced, I think she enjoyed taking care of her siblings. I think she took Joy back with her cause she hates being alone. Unfortunately, 3 people is alone to Jill.

• Love 2

I certainly don't expect the Dullards to be shackled to their post, but they haven't even been there for two months. Besides acting out horribly choreographed skits, what the hell have they accomplished to warrant the expense?

They managed to get out of the country while things were a bit too, shall we say, uncomfortable for them. They get to be the "celebrity" draw that SOS seems to believe will bring in more evangetourists. They can spend a few months a year in Central America "winning the lost" while going back and forth to the US as they please (or as Jilly Muffin needs to see her OB/GYN) and have other people finance it all, too.

They'll never have to face any of the issues that drove them out of the US in the first place if they just keep flying around the world on other people's money!

• Love 5

They managed to get out of the country while things were a bit too, shall we say, uncomfortable for them. They get to be the "celebrity" draw that SOS seems to believe will bring in more evangetourists. They can spend a few months a year in Central America "winning the lost" while going back and forth to the US as they please (or as Jilly Muffin needs to see her OB/GYN) and have other people finance it all, too.

They'll never have to face any of the issues that drove them out of the US in the first place if they just keep flying around the world on other people's money!

Agree 100%. I don't doubt they'll make a Sam's Club run to buy soccer balls and candy the day before Amy's wedding so they can justify using mission funds to fly back to Arkansas.

Quoting Zahdii:

After his death, JB&M went on a talking spree where they disparaged him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This must have been before I started following the Duggars. Could someone give me the Readers Digest version of their issues with Grandpa?

• Love 2

The Dillard Family must be sending up many prayers that they are out of the country and missionising "overseas". Their timing was great, and they got Joy away as well. Being anywhere near let alone in the TTH no would be unbearable. Bet Josh wishes he could disappear into a nearby rainforest and not emerge for a few years.

Quoting Zahdii:

After his death, JB&M went on a talking spree where they disparaged him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This must have been before I started following the Duggars. Could someone give me the Readers Digest version of their issues with Grandpa?

I think Jimbob called his father abusive, but I don't pay particular attention when he speaks. I don't think Michelle said anything.
  • Love 1

Meanwhile in El Salvador, Jill, Joy, and Derick walked down to the beach, tossed their iphones in the water, and vowed never to return to America. Then they had a few margarita shooters.

That's the happiest outcome I can think of for them.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 22

Meanwhile in El Salvador, Jill, Joy, and Derick walked down to the beach, tossed their iphones in the water, and vowed never to return to America. Then they had a few margarita shooters.

And that's the opposite of what they'll do. Derrick has probably highlighted some Bible passages and they're huddled around reading them. Jill and Joy will act like he's wise when he probably just googled a phrase like "bible passages about infidelity".
  • Love 13

And that's the opposite of what they'll do.

Oh hell, Jim Bob will have them flying up to Arkansas too sweet. Even SOS will toss them now. I mean..., uh, God will give J&D an opportunity to minster in Arkansas forever. Quitting Walmart probably doesn't look like such a good idea now.

I just liked the idea of the three of them on a beach throwing their old lives away, getting El Salvadorian birth certificates, and fading into normal lives.

• Love 3

The Dillard Family must be sending up many prayers that they are out of the country and missionising "overseas". Their timing was great, and they got Joy away as well. Being anywhere near let alone in the TTH no would be unbearable. Bet Josh wishes he could disappear into a nearby rainforest and not emerge for a few years.

Don't know about Josh, but I certainly wish he would disappear into the rain forest.  He can take his time coming back.  

• Love 4

Bet Derick is thinking back to the DC visit when big man Josh was showing him how to be a father. Made him look like a fool when he couldn't even buckle a car seat. 

I wonder if that lesson included banging other women? 

• Love 4

Bet Derick is thinking back to the DC visit when big man Josh was showing him how to be a father. Made him look like a fool when he couldn't even buckle a car seat.

I wonder if that lesson included banging other women?

Ugh that scene made me stabby! As if not knowing how to install a carseat is completely abnormal for a 25 year old guy with no kid experience. But that's our Doughboy, always having to prove he's the smartest one in the room. Definitely a trait inherited from his father. Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12

Meanwhile, back in Arkansas, the breakup of Josiah's and Marjorie's courtship turns out to have been a sham. ... (continued over in the Lonely Js, after I realized where I was posting this.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

I just realized a lot of prayer partners are gonna vote with their checkbooks and desert Derrick and Jill's ministry. Makes me feel bad for Jill. Anything that keeps her out of the country is good, even if it is just standing around the village with Izzy on hip.

• Love 2

I just realized a lot of prayer partners are gonna vote with their checkbooks and desert Derrick and Jill's ministry. Makes me feel bad for Jill. Anything that keeps her out of the country is good, even if it is just standing around the village with Izzy on hip.

Wow, I sure hope not. But you're probably exactly right. That's too bad. I'd love for her (or any of them) to be able to stay -- or get -- away.

• Love 1

I'm not sure why that would be the case. Josh is the one who is screwed up sexually. As far as we know Jill and Derick are doing just fine. Frankly, if I were into their sort of ministry I'd be giving them more now just to keep them away from Duggarland until this is all sorted out. Can't imagine being in that house right now.

• Love 2

I'm not sure why that would be the case. Josh is the one who is screwed up sexually. As far as we know Jill and Derick are doing just fine. Frankly, if I were into their sort of ministry I'd be giving them more now just to keep them away from Duggarland until this is all sorted out. Can't imagine being in that house right now.

I think Jill and Derrick made more than enough with the wedding (obscene registry) TLC work, public appearances, Walmart job, Jim Bob housing and multiple People Mag items and the fact that they don't seem to spend much to live doing mission tourism for a couple of years.

• Love 5

I think Jill and Derrick made more than enough with the wedding (obscene registry) TLC work, public appearances, Walmart job, Jim Bob housing and multiple People Mag items and the fact that they don't seem to spend much to live doing mission tourism for a couple of years.

I agree. There are a lot of people who NEED that money and it would take them out of more dangerous and horrible situations than secondary public shame. Jill and Derrick are just feathering their nest. If they choose, I am sure they can stay 'overseas' for years. If they have spent all their earnings while living rent/mortgage free while Derrick was working, they need a new accountant.

• Love 3

I think Jill and Derrick made more than enough with the wedding (obscene registry) TLC work, public appearances, Walmart job, Jim Bob housing and multiple People Mag items and the fact that they don't seem to spend much to live doing mission tourism for a couple of years.

I agree. Derick had no student loan debt, they lived rent free and had multiple sources of income. Jill certainly isn't a slave to fashion, so it's not like she was blowing her People money on Manolos and Louis bags. Their house was furnished courtesy of Boob and the wedding registry. They should easily have enough to live off of for a couple years.

• Love 9

I realized it yesterday too. I doubt the money will continue coming. Time for Derick to polish up his resume.

• Love 2

Of all of them, Derrick seems to be the only one whose family is well off. I don't see any reason he couldn't go to work for his mom, or I'm sure given her long association with them WalMart would take him back. Possibly at a location less convenient to his wife's family, even.

• Love 6

Of all of them, Derrick seems to be the only one whose family is well off. I don't see any reason he couldn't go to work for his mom, or I'm sure given her long association with them WalMart would take him back. Possibly at a location less convenient to his wife's family, even.

Ms Cathy is an accountant and so is Derick, they don't tend to handle money poorly. If she used her cachet to get Derick his job back, he would acknowledge and be grateful for what she has done for him, and stick with it out of a sense of personal obligation. Deep down he is a decent person, who wants to be one too.
  • Love 2

Does anyone else remember Jill saying something to the effect of "I hope Iz grows up to be like my siblings, well, like the older ones because the younger ones don't have good character qualities yet."

• Love 8

Does anyone else remember Jill saying something to the effect of "I hope Iz grows up to be like my siblings, well, like the older ones because the younger ones don't have good character qualities yet."

Yes! I still think it was a shitty thing to say since she's raised most of those younger ones. However, knowing what we know now, she'd best hope he takes after the Dillard side of the family. 

• Love 10

Lol, because the older ones have turned out so great. Josh is a cheater/child molester, JD and Jana are steadily creeping towards 40 year old virgin territory, Jessa is a smug bitch married to a teenager and Jinger is starving herself into oblivion. I'll take Jenny and Jordyn's character qualities over that group of clusterfucks any day.

• Love 17

That would be ridiculous. I hope that doesn't happen.

That would be ridiculous. I hope that doesn't happen.

Why?  Like it or not Derrick and Jill are inextricably linked with the Duggar brand.  They met, got engaged, married and had their first child on TV PLUS they had ridiculous specials for all of them.  Neither of them shied away from the attention either.  

Yeah it sucks that Joshie has ruined everyone's reputations with JoshGate I and II but quite frankly, that's life.  Does it suck that the donations will dry up?  Maybe.  But people weren't going to donate forever, especially considering they aren't on TV anymore.  And I'm not going to shed a tear for two well-off young people who might now have to get actual jobs that don't involve performing laughably bad skits and lecturing to heathens.  

• Love 18

In my head JimBob calls Jill:

JB:Helloo?

Jill:Hi who is this?

JB: This is your father, come home.

Jill: I can't dad, we aren't done converting Christians to Christianity.

JB:Ja...ji....whatever your name is, come home now, we need all our children, your brother has ruined everything. And bring the other one with you.

Jill: Sorry dad Jesus is calling, gotta go now, kthxbai!

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 15

With the exception of the dunk-tank for baptisms, it looks like an average church. They even had Disney Characters at an event. I wonder how all that sits with Jill. And how does she handle Derick seeing all those knees?

• Love 2

"our church" has an awful lot of ladies in shorts on their Instagram. Also, they're asking for volunteers to open a New York branch.

Wow, Ronnie Floyd's really looking to expand his empire. Or maybe just the Southern Baptist empire? .... I'm kind of confused about how he really seems to be a personal brander when it comes to his churches but is also the SBC president. But then I say that not knowing anything about how the modern SBC works!

• Love 1

Chicklet, I think it's more like

*Phone Rings, Jill sighs and answers*

Jill: Hola

JB: Jill? It's daddy, you need to come home and do another Kelly interview

Jill: Ay, la Senora Jill no en casa. No en casa!

JB: Wha? Speak American?

Jill: Ella no aqui. No en casa!

JB: Get Jill now goddamn it!

*click*

• Love 17

*click*

Both versions are HILARIOUS!!!!!!

• Love 3

*click*

or

The number you are trying to reach has been changed.  The new number is available but not to YOU.

• Love 9

Moved from a less appropriate thread, on the subject of Derrick endorsing an Anna is the bad guy narrative:

Derrick most likely is in a pretty difficult position. The head of his denomination, who runs a ministry boot camp program he might have a shot at, has decided that he'd rather try to destink the Duggars to clear his denomination by association than have a come to Jesus moment and cleanse his fellowship.

My advertising agency assigned me to a tobacco account that one time when I really needed a job. I'm not in a position to judge.

Of course, I never claimed to speak for God.

• Love 4
I'm unable to pull up broadcast, but man people are SLAMMING the hell out of Derick on his Instagram for what the pastor said. Anyone listen to it?

Nevermind - People reported on his comments. Anna is somewhat to blame

OT: does anyone else pull a zoolander and call him Derrilickmyballs? Because I'm 5 apparently and giggle when I say Derrick

Edited by ms.o
  • Love 2