Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Most of New York is off the mainland. The rest of the US is over the river and through the woods, like grandmother's house.

I have to admit, I know there are countries connected to this one, but I think of countries-not-this-one as overseas, maybe because the ocean is right here where I can see it. The first time I visited my in laws in Michigan I was incredibly excited about going to Windsor, CA (of all glamorous places) because it was another country and I could go there for lunch, which seemed like a very jet set thing to do.

• Love 5

I'm glad someone else is finding it baffling! I was initially confused, doesn't leaving the country mean that you are going overseas? Everything is over a bloody sea! 

IMO, "overseas" is exactly what it implies. "Over the sea" - over an ocean usually.  If an American travels to Mexico, he has not travelled overseas. If an Australian comes to Mexico, he most certainly has gone overseas.

Edited to add: PS - I do not think it's correct to say that "Jill & Derrick went overseas to El Salvador" - because from Arkansas it's possible to travel there entirely by land. Bottom line, the Duggars probably use the term for the cachet alone. It just sounds a little more impressive. Or maybe in their cluelessness, they just don't know any better. They've labelled Josh a "graphic designer" because he can play with stationery software - something most people can do with 10-15 minutes of prep time. What's next? If Jackson knocks over a box of toothpicks, are they going to call him a lumberjack?

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 13

IMO, "overseas" is exactly what it implies. "Over the sea" - over an ocean usually. If an American travels to Mexico, he has not travelled overseas. If an Australian comes to Mexico, he most certainly has gone overseas.

Edited to add: PS - I do not think it's correct to say that "Jill & Derrick went overseas to El Salvador" - because from Arkansas it's possible to travel there entirely by land. Bottom line, the Duggars probably use the term for the cachet alone. It just sounds a little more impressive. Or maybe in their cluelessness, they just don't know any better. They've labelled Josh a "graphic designer" because he can play with stationery software - something most people can do with 10-15 minutes of prep time. What's next? If Jackson knocks over a box of toothpicks, are they going to call him a lumberjack?

Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic Ocean.

Technically you can "drive" a vehicle from Arkansas to Cape Horn on the Pan American Highway or to Scandinavia or Cape of Good Hope, weather permitting. You could also reach Britain via Chunnel, and never technically have travelled by air or sea. Excluding Australia and Antarctica, the continents are connected.

I am drunk and I know everything.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 10

What's next? If Jackson knocks over a box of toothpicks, are they going to call him a lumberjack?

You the answer is "emphatically, yes," right?

Absolutely not! The SOTDRT has much higher standards than that. Jackson cannot call himself a lumberjack until he can break a toothpick. However, I did hear that he made a box out of Popsicle sticks, so they will be issueing him a carpentry license.

:-)

• Love 12

I am drunk and I know everything.

Good on you, Kokopetals ! Mee, too !  Love your posts ;)

I always thought of "my" overseas, coming from SomePityCity here in North Eastern US, as going to either Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, the Pacific Isles, etc. 

Either way, I agree wholeheartedly with Wellfleet that, regardless of where they're going, it's just Duggar "tradition" to add a little sumpin'-sumpin' to spice things up. They can't ever do anything the "regular" way - it has to be Duggarfied so it's extra special, neat, awesome, precious, AND a blessing ! So travel within your own continent becomes "overseas". 

It's just like how watching professional carpet installers laying carpet makes you a professional carpet installer, y'all ! That's the Duggar way, and the special "cache" that Wellfleet spoke of - they don't just learn - they become experts. They don't just pray - ALL of their prayers are answered. Hanging around in a house where a woman is in labor makes you a doula, midwife, and labor and delivery RN. And anything beyond the Mississippi or Missouri Rivers is "overseas"...

The worst part is that Jill and Derrick have NO idea how ridiculous they come across, but I'm still happy that they (and JOY !) are out of the limelight right now. Any time a Duggar makes it off the compound an angel gets its wings.

Um, except for Josh. But that's a different thread...

• Love 8

IMO, "overseas" is exactly what it implies. "Over the sea" - over an ocean usually.  If an American travels to Mexico, he has not travelled overseas. If an Australian comes to Mexico, he most certainly has gone overseas.

I don't think going to Central or South America is overseas. But I also don't think of going to Hawaii as going overseas. I think I kind of mix them. 

It's in Central America. (Sorry.  Not to meant to bust balls or anything...)

Central America isn't a continent. 

So if you're froma 7 continent country; central america is part of North America.  If you are from a 6-continent country; it's just in the Americas

• Love 1

I don't think going to Central or South America is overseas. But I also don't think of going to Hawaii as going overseas. I think I kind of mix them.

Hehe...god bless the English language, eh? My personal overseas means: 1. It's not part of my own country. So that rules out Hawaii. 2. I can't get there on foot (theoretically). I can walk (theoretically) from Alaska to Brazil, so that rules out El Salvador. Oh, and a day jaunt to Catalina Island doesn't count, either, Jill.
  • Love 3

Regarding the term 'overseas':  It's fun to snicker at, but not really that big of a deal when you consider the big issues of molestation, hypocrisy, child neglect, etc.

Maybe 'overseas' is a regional thing.  Where I grew up, a cola was called 'pop'.  My husband called it a 'sody (so-dee)'.  Others call it a soda.  It all tastes the same.

• Love 3

Jill has a short new video up on her Instagram. A couple commentors have asked if she is preggers already!

Oh, FFS!  She gave birth, by c-section, to a very large baby less than 5 months ago!  Not so easy to bounce back to a flat tummy after that. I know it is technically possible ( we are talking Duggars, after all), but why do the leghumpers actually encourage this madness? 

• Love 3

It's in Central America. (Sorry.  Not to meant to bust balls or anything...)

Technically it's the isthmus portion of North America that connects to South America.

Central America isn't a continent. 

So if you're froma 7 continent country; central america is part of North America.  If you are from a 6-continent country; it's just in the Americas

Geography is hard y'all ( said in my best Brittney Spears accent)

• Love 1

Oh, FFS!  She gave birth, by c-section, to a very large baby less than 5 months ago!  Not so easy to bounce back to a flat tummy after that. I know it is technically possible ( we are talking Duggars, after all), but why do the leghumpers actually encourage this madness? 

People in the real world realize that it's been less than five months, but in Jilly Muffin's world, she should have been PG with derickdillard's holy sperm on Day 41 (no matter what her doctor said). And it would not surprise me if she is, yes, already pregnant.

More photos of Jilly Muffin sticking out her abdomen will wipe Smuggar right off the front pages, won't they?

• Love 3

She is still nursing. And I think Derick has his own ideas about children...

Derick is why I have such high hopes for Jill. She has a quiet strength that I hope Derick can help her tap into and wake up.

• Love 2

Oh, FFS! She gave birth, by c-section, to a very large baby less than 5 months ago! Not so easy to bounce back to a flat tummy after that. I know it is technically possible ( we are talking Duggars, after all), but why do the leghumpers actually encourage this madness?

Baby Iz was like the size of an elephant, and Jill was all stomach. I can't believe people can't use common sense and figure out that it's unlikely she'll have a flat tummy five months post-delivery. Not to mention she probably screwed up her recovery by traveling when should have been at home and resting.

• Love 7

Baby Iz was like the size of an elephant, and Jill was all stomach. I can't believe people can't use common sense and figure out that it's unlikely she'll have a flat tummy five months post-delivery. Not to mention she probably screwed up her recovery by traveling when should have been at home and resting.

You mean you can't pray your way to flat abs?

• Love 2

If their doctor was anything like mine, they were recommended not to get pregnant for at least 9 months after the surgery to minimize risk of harm to mum with the second pregnancy.  While they may not be actively trying to prevent pregnancy, I doubt they're actively trying to get pregnant yet either.  

If their doctor was anything like mine, they were recommended not to get pregnant for at least 9 months after the surgery to minimize risk of harm to mum with the second pregnancy.  While they may not be actively trying to prevent pregnancy, I doubt they're actively trying to get pregnant yet either.  

Hehe...which is, of course how babies are made. :)

• Love 7

Hehe...which is, of course how babies are made. :)

Well, yes, "oops" babies happen.  But breastfeeding does offer some level of natural hormonal birth control.  (And they could be abstaining - which would have been my doctor's second choice.  We went with the first choice of "woman goes on pill until nine months has passed".  "Increased risk of uterine rupture" is scary sounding enough that I'd think even the hyper-religious would want to avoid it.)

Anyway, all I was getting at was that I'm not at all surprised she isn't pregnant again yet.  Jill and Derrick have very very good reasons to wait at least another few months before beginning to try for #2.

• Love 1

New blog post from the Dullards, penned by Muffy, complete with SODRT-level grammatical errors. The irony in the "me vs. I" gaffe was that it occurred in a sentence talking about....grammar! Gold, Jerry! 

http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog

Some new pics follow the blog post. It looks like Joy got Izzy duty during her time there. So yeah, sister-mom help, and she only has one kid! Jill does confirm that Joy/Carlin's stay is two weeks, which brings them back in time for Famy's wedding this weekend. Who wants to bet that Jill and Derick will be back yet again? They already graduated from "language school," so they're good-o to go-o. Neat-o!

• Love 6
August has been a busy month for us and as so many of you know it has ended on a sad note for my extended family.

Extended?  Distance your brand from Josh, girl!

r5GBQKJ.png

Reading previously.tv forums the night the Ashley Madison hack made the news.

What's with all the scribbles?  The baby is too young for that.  Does Joy know how to write?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8

Extended?  Distance your brand from Josh, girl!

r5GBQKJ.png

Reading previously.tv forums the night the Ashley Madison hack made the news.

What's with all the scribbles?  The baby is too young for that.  Does Joy know how to write?

Nice Product Placement. They best be careful Apple may want them to start placing stickers over the logos.

• Love 2

New blog post from the Dullards, penned by Muffy, complete with SODRT-level grammatical errors. The irony in the "me vs. I" gaffe was that it occurred in a sentence talking about....grammar! Gold, Jerry! 

http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog

Some new pics follow the blog post. It looks like Joy got Izzy duty during her time there. So yeah, sister-mom help, and she only has one kid! Jill does confirm that Joy/Carlin's stay is two weeks, which brings them back in time for Famy's wedding this weekend. Who wants to bet that Jill and Derick will be back yet again? They already graduated from "language school," so they're good-o to go-o. Neat-o!

I'm actually impressed that Jill is learning Spanish. She barely learned English, so I can't imagine how difficult it's been for her. Kudos to her for trying something new. In that blog, I think she came across more articulate than she ever has. She has grammar problems, but I know plenty of people who have graduated from college and have grammar problems. The fact that Jill is trying to learn is refreshing. 

I, too, felt the first paragraph in that blog was an effort to distance herself from her family. Calling Josh and Anna her "extended family" is her way of saying, "Hey, no, I have nothing to do with this. I am a Dillard." I wouldn't be surprised if Derick was encouraging her to move away from her family. Jill may have the best chance of getting away from Boob and MEchelle. 

• Love 11

How sad is it that a 17-year-old girl's "best friend" lives hundreds of miles away?

Not very, IMO.  Especially because "best friend" isn't a title that can only be given to one person.

Lots of people maintain friendships when people move or friends who they see once a year at camp but have deep distance friendships with.  My best friend when I was growing up moved when we were in 4th grade, and we kept in touch the entire time through college. I would have called her my best friend.   That was before the internet. It's easier now.

• Love 6

A snippet from the blog post:

My younger sister, Joy, and her best friend, Carlin Bates, came home with us! It's been a blast having company and they've been such a great help to us while we bury ourselves in the books! I will not want them to leave after their two week visit! I love having them here for the friendship and Israel certainly loves all the extra attention!

Did they always refer to their Central America mission as "home"?

May be this is going be a mission extend-a-stay, thank you Josh....

• Love 3