Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm still not convinced that the hand on Jill's shoulder is Derrick's; it looks too small and doesn't follow at all with the bit of left arm we can see. I mean, I know he has long arms, but wouldn't he need to be Stretch Armstrong to have that reach?

• Love 1

I think it's possible that this "indefinite" stay in the US is normal. They would have done an "orientation" in Honduras -- the website says that all new missionaries start in Honduras, then gone to language school, and are now waiting for their official posting. It doesn't make sense to me that SOS would pay for them to go to lanuage school if they didn't think they were serious, and if Derick and Jill were paying, they probably would have stayed in the McMansion and done classes on-line.

They both looked so much better in Honduras -- happier, healthier, etc. I hope they leave again soon.

• Love 7

It looks like the 20 acres of land immediately surrounding Jill's house is "bank owned" and for sale. Did JB ever own the surrounding acreage or just the house?

Regardless of whether JB ever owned the land, Jill and Derick could very well come home from Central America to find that a strip mall is now located in their backyard. Yikes!

** I would post the real estate link but I don't want to get in trouble with the Mods since it would indirectly disclose their home address. ** 

Edited by Guest

If they were going to fake a picture, wouldn't it be one of them doing actual (pretend) missionary work? They were, actually, in Central America -- that's established. Why would they want to fake going to the beach? I feel this particular conspiracy theory is a bit over the top. But then, when you're lying liars that lie, you kind of open yourselves up for that kind of thing.

• Love 9

It looks like the 20 acres of land immediately surrounding Jill's house is "bank owned" and for sale. Did JB ever own the surrounding acreage or just the house?

Regardless of whether JB ever owned the land, Jill and Derick could very well come home from Central America to find that a strip mall is now located in their backyard. Yikes!

** I would post the real estate link but I don't want to get in trouble with the Mods since it would indirectly disclose their home address. ** 

If they are keeping the McMansion it would make more sense to purchase the land. It might increase the value for resale as well.

• Love 1

I think that Jill looks pregnant in the family picture at Amy's wedding. Is that left over baby weight from Isreal or did they cut their mission short because she is pregnant?

I was wondering the same thing when looking at a photo of her from the side.

I think that Jill looks pregnant in the family picture at Amy's wedding. Is that left over baby weight from Isreal or did they cut their mission short because she is pregnant?

Of course she is...isn't it about time?

Aren't they continuing with the mission? Isn't this a visit?

They said they're home for an extended stay, or something along the lines of that. I'm interpreting the ambiguity to mean a) Jilly Muffin couldn't hack it in El Salvador and begged to go home or b) mission funds are low so they came back to do the church circuit and grift for love offerings

FWIW, I don't think Jill is pregnant. I have a feeling she's like Anna where she's always going to look four months along even when she's not expecting.

• Love 3

I'm interpreting the ambiguity to mean a) Jilly Muffin couldn't hack it in El Salvador and begged to go home or b) mission funds are low so they came back to do the church circuit and grift for love offerings

It can be both! ;)

• Love 3

If they were going to fake a picture, wouldn't it be one of them doing actual (pretend) missionary work? They were, actually, in Central America -- that's established. Why would they want to fake going to the beach? I feel this particular conspiracy theory is a bit over the top. But then, when you're lying liars that lie, you kind of open yourselves up for that kind of thing.

Well, seems to me they might have gone to the beach, taken a picture there that they planned to use on their website or in thank-you cards or something but in which they didn't look good, and then later Photoshopped in a better picture of themselves with the beach background. I can see somebody doing that and not thinking anything about it because it wouldn't be a lie, just a tweak to make the thing look better. But if you're going to do that, I guess you'd better do it absolutely perfectly, or people will figure you're up to something nefarious.

I have a feeling I've read before that he didn't own the land, just the house.

May be a hallucination on my part, though, since I don't remember where I read it.

I am sure that Jill and Derick are not exactly gung-ho about being in El Salvador.  They had to flee the country to avoid being deposed in the Josh lawsuit, and I highly, highly doubt if either one of them, with a new marriage and a new baby, were in the mood for an adventure like missionary work in El Salvador.  

Anyway, it appears that a lot of people in the Duggar circle have been coerced into doing things they really do not want to do in order to keep the Duggar "good Christian family" myth afloat.  I feel like I am watching an asinine social experiment implode in real time.  

• Love 5

It could be that Jim-Boob bought it for speculative reasons and the possibility of selling it to a larger developer interested in the surrounding land was a hoped-for outcome. Why buy the whole cow when you just need the milk(?) or only want the horns or something .......... because, Jesus! The guy is not a house-flipper, the house was a disgusting neglected sty before it was cleaned up and coated in cheap paint and carpeting for Jill and Derrick. He doesn't exactly seem like someone who has a serious regard for the responsibility of keeping property he has a stake in at anything beyond the bare minimum of good repair and at times, not even that. 

I doubt the Dillards ever had a guarantee that the property would be available to them when they returned from their mission, especially since it's the sort of thing control-freak J-Boob would enjoy dangling over their heads. 

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 3

If they are taking the time to photoshop their pics, wouldn't they do something to make Derrick look less grotesque? I know I've actually gasped aloud when scrolling through the forum before and coming across these absolutely hideously ugly pictures of him but this time I almost shouted. How does he look SO bad??? I don't understand what is so hard about basic hygiene?!

• Love 3

It could be that Jim-Boob bought it for speculative reasons and the possibility of selling it to a larger developer interested in the surrounding land was a hoped-for outcome. Why buy the whole cow when you just need the milk(?) or only want the horns or something .......... because, Jesus! The guy is not a house-flipper, the house was a disgusting neglected sty before it was cleaned up and coated in cheap paint and carpeting for Jill and Derrick. He doesn't exactly seem like someone who has a serious regard for the responsibility of keeping property he has a stake in at anything beyond the bare minimum of good repair and at times, not even that.

I doubt the Dillards ever had a guarantee that the property would be available to them when they returned from their mission, especially since it's the sort of thing control-freak J-Boob would enjoy dangling over their heads.

That McMansion was clearly a bad idea, and whoever built it lost a lot of money. When JimBob bought it it was a shithole, and now it's a gussied up shithole with the cheapest finishes courtesy Duggar construction. He will never be able to sell that house as a house and be able to charge the replacement cost for it, because no one ever wanted that. His best bet is some sort of retail cluster developing next door.
  • Love 1

I don't understand what is so hard about basic hygiene?!

Jilly loves the scruff.

His best bet is some sort of retail cluster developing next door.

More like the shit wiring and insulation going up, and cashing in on the fire insurance.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1

Jill and Derick posted a mission update. Here are the important highlights:

1. They are staying in the US for one month. 

2. Jill is studying to take the test to become a certified professional midwife. 

3. They have moved out of the McManson.

Edited because it was supposed to say "midwife," not "wife." LMAO! MY BAD! 

Edited by Guest

2. Jill is studying to take the test to become a certified professional wife. 

midwife? I mean, I'm sure there's someone in her parents' faith community giving out wife diplomas, but.

On points two and three, good for them.

• Love 4

If they are taking the time to photoshop their pics, wouldn't they do something to make Derrick look less grotesque? I know I've actually gasped aloud when scrolling through the forum before and coming across these absolutely hideously ugly pictures of him but this time I almost shouted. How does he look SO bad??? I don't understand what is so hard about basic hygiene?!

Saltwater and humidity don't do Derick any favors.

Janarella, did they give any indication as to where they're living? I wonder if they moved out on their own or whether Boob gave them the heave ho because he wasn't happy about the mission trip. Since Jill can't function for more than two minutes by herself, I'm guessing that they're back at the TTH.

midwife? I mean, I'm sure there's someone in her parents' faith community giving out wife diplomas, but.

Hahaha. Sorry. I fixed it. 

Saltwater and humidity don't do Derick any favors.

Janarella, did they give any indication as to where they're living? I wonder if they moved out on their own or whether Boob gave them the heave ho because he wasn't happy about the mission trip. Since Jill can't function for more than two minutes by herself, I'm guessing that they're back at the TTH.

He wasn't very specific, but I got the impression that they are really moving down to Central America -- stuff and all! 

2. Jill is studying to take the test to become a certified professional wife. 

What? 3 important questions:

1. Where are they living? (glad they made that nice nursery for Izzy)

2. Does she have REAL supervised hours to even take the test?

3. After passing the test will she still need to work under someone else?

The TTH house only has 3 bedrooms, plus Grandma's room. There is no way J & D w/Iz or Anna & the M & Ms could possibly be staying there. Maybe J & D are at his moms.

• Love 1

What? 3 important questions:

1. Where are they living? (glad they made that nice nursery for Izzy)

2. Does she have REAL supervised hours to even take the test?

3. After passing the test will she still need to work under someone else?

The TTH house only has 3 bedrooms, plus Grandma's room. There is no way J & D w/Iz or Anna & the M & Ms could possibly be staying there. Maybe J & D are at his moms.

It's possible Anna and the M'kids (and Jana, of course) are actually living in the Siloam house now. Jill, Derick, and Iz could be staying in the guest house. Maybe?

zenme, we had the same idea at the same time. LOL! 

Edited by Guest

He did say they were home for a month.  Given that they emptied the house, I guess they really are going to Central America for a longer time.  Since he mentioned a ceremony at their church, maybe the congregation is funding them.  It appears to be a super church, so with a lot of members contributing to a mission fund it could be enough for them to live on.

Is it odd that they would move all of their stuff out of the house if they are planning to return at some point, even for shorter visits? The only reasons I can see to empty it is if they are going to put it on the market, or some other family members are going to live in it.

• Love 4

I thought Jill's sponsor midwife had lost her license? How does that work? Is her training even considered to be valid?

If I'm not mistaken Jill began training with someone else after her original sponsor lost her license. The new sponsor is the one who practices out of the dilapidated Deliverance shed next to a large Propane tank. She was featured during Jill's pregnancy epis.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

Good for Jill. After she married Derick, I thought she said she wasn't going to pursue midwifery further.  Would El Salvador or Guatemala recognize her certification? 

I'm wondering if they'll return for Jessa's birth? So, they'd continue to be in the field one month and in Arkansas the next? 

Well, there is that lovely aluminum shed, er, guest house, where Bin used to live, isn't there? The Binstones in the mold house; Anna, Jana, and their children in the Siloam house; the Dullards in the guest house; and everyone else in the TTH. And Bob's your uncle.

• Love 3

If I'm not mistaken Jill began training with someone else after her original sponsor lost her license. The new sponsor is the one who practices out of the dilapidated Deliverance shed next to a large Propane tank. She was featured during Jill's pregnancy epis.

The midwife who allowed Jill's labor and delivery to develop into a dangerous situation for both mother and baby? Greeeaat.

The midwife who allowed Jill's labor and delivery to develop into a dangerous situation for both mother and baby? Greeeaat.

I can't remember if Jill ever called the midwives to come over. Didn't she want to go it alone and call in the midwives when she was ready to push? I thought she waited until the expelled meconium to contact anyone and then decided to go to the hospital. But yeah, questionable judgement was afoot with Izzy's birth.

• Love 3

I can't remember if Jill ever called the midwives to come over. Didn't she want to go it alone and call in the midwives when she was ready to push? I thought she waited until the expelled meconium to contact anyone and then decided to go to the hospital. But yeah, questionable judgement was afoot with Izzy's birth.

It was impossible to tell who was there since that episode appeared to be so heavily edited to conceal their poor judgements. I mean, we saw Michelle and Jana head over to the house to help Jill during labor, and then we never saw them at the house. We didn't see Michelle again until she blocked Jill from seeing her own baby in the OR and poor Jana... stayed in the car, I guess?... because we never saw her at the hospital. LOL!  

So, yeah, there's no telling who was there and who wasn't there. 

Edited: However, I will add that the midwife should have detected that Iz wasn't in the correct position to be born (I can't believe a giant baby flipped at the last minute) and didn't Jill have some kind of strep b issue? 

Edited by Guest

Ha, very true. The people magazine elicited such a WTF response that the special showed practically nothing of the birth.     

I hope Jill demonstrates better judgment if she is going to be delivering babies in Central America. We snark all day long, but I would hate for her to actually hurt some poor mother or baby due to her sketchy training. 

I thought Jill's sponsor midwife had lost her license? How does that work? Is her training even considered to be valid?

Looks like you have to submit evidence of certain experiences, and it looks as if at least a few of hers would count. Don't see how most of her experience would count, though. And there's no way she could do all of this stuff that's required in a month. Maybe she has a mentor lined up in their mission location so she can complete the experiences she needs and prepare for the test?   Here are the U.S. midwife association's requirements for being certified as an entry-level CPM -- http://narm.org/entry-level-applicants/   

Edited by Churchhoney

I think they treated the strep b in the days prior. That's why there was an iv by her bed in a picture of her and Derick. I agree, I hope that that she realizes how dangerous her own birth was and uses it as a learning experience. Idk if she's thought about it that way, but really hope she realizes how fortunate she was that medical professionals were close by.

• Love 2

Honestly, I'm really uncomfortable with the idea that someone who never even took a biology course is considered a "professional" in that field.

"I'm sure College Plus offered biology courses," she tried to say with a straight face.  

"I'm sure College Plus offered biology courses," she tried to say with a straight face.

Yeah.  I doubt they showed the human anatomy. There were probably entire chapters removed.  No chapters on reproduction, for sure. 

• Love 2

Why bother having a wedding registry if they didn't plan on sticking around?

Something doesn't smell right. I just can't see Jill living "overseas" for a long period of time unless Derick felt that she needed to get away from Boob!

• Love 1

Yeah.  I doubt they showed the human anatomy. There were probably entire chapters removed.  No chapters on reproduction, for sure. 

No chapters on evolutionary biology.