Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

No, it's an approved carseat in a separate seat or an adult's lap.

Depends on the airline and where the flight is headed. For example, when we flew internationally we were purposefully put in the front row and a snap on bassinette was added in front of us so our daughter could sleep. This happened two times, two different international companies, and both flights were Europe to the US. 

I'm not sure if you can go by that alone.  I struggled to breastfeed, but that's because I felt uncomfortable with it and had no training, but was being pressured by my husband to do it so we didn't have to buy formula.  It took forever!  There are other times when the mother isn't producing enough milk due to medical reasons.  But Jill seems to be in good health, and Izzy is obviously growing well, so it seems to be working out for them.

I guess Michelle has done something right.  Her first daughter to give birth has no problems breastfeeding him.  I still marvel at how many calories Jill must have to take in to feed a baby that's growing as large and as fast as Izzy is.

Not as many as you may think. I only ate an extra apple and had a few extra glasses of milk; both of my kids grew like weeds (talking 3 months olds in 12 months clothes) and my supply never suffered. Both nursed past the age of 2; with my second, I went from a Sz 16 to a Sz 10 and my supply never suffered. 

• Love 5

We just flew internationally twice on an American airline between Amsterdam and Atlanta. Babies aboard. No bassinets snapped anywhere. No car seats. One was a 7 hour flight and one was a 9 hour flight. One baby cried for about 2 minutes mid flight. Are the bassinets airlines specific? I fly a lot between coasts and have never seen a bassinet.

• Love 1

It seems like in most of the pictures we see, Jill is the one holding Izzy in some type of carrier. Jill is not a big girl & I can't imagine walking around with a big baby like he is strapped to my front. It's bad enough she has to haul around her boobs. Give her a couple of years & more babies & she's going to be permanently hunched over like MEchelle.

Regarding Jill's fashion sense. By what we've seen, I really don't think she cares about her clothes & makeup especially since she's in mission mode now. It wouldn't take her much time to pick out some more fashionable clothes, even at Wal-Mart. I think she also has the time to get a decent haircut & conditioning but doesn't bother. I wonder how many times a day Izzy gets his hands tangled up in that mess or pulls it? Ouch!!

• Love 1

We just flew internationally twice on an American airline between Amsterdam and Atlanta. Babies aboard. No bassinets snapped anywhere. No car seats. One was a 7 hour flight and one was a 9 hour flight. One baby cried for about 2 minutes mid flight. Are the bassinets airlines specific? I fly a lot between coasts and have never seen a bassinet.

I saw one in economy class on a Garuda MD-11 nearly 20 years ago.

I just don't think it ever enters Jill's mind how she looks. She doesn't seem to care one way or the other. Looks don't seem to be something she thinks are important.

She sure doesn't care since she thought it was ok to have dirty feet on her wedding day. *shudder*

And to think Jill R. just had a baby over a week ago and she managed to look clean and polished and she has 12 kids!!

Depends on the airline and where the flight is headed. For example, when we flew internationally we were purposefully put in the front row and a snap on bassinette was added in front of us so our daughter could sleep. This happened two times, two different international companies, and both flights were Europe to the US.

I was referring only to U.S. domestic flights and U.S. airlines, as that is what the Dillards were doing. I notice others who have shared their experiences with snap in bassinettes were flying internationally and/or foreign airlines.

• Love 2

She sure doesn't care since she thought it was ok to have dirty feet on her wedding day. *shudder*

And to think Jill R. just had a baby over a week ago and she managed to look clean and polished and she has 12 kids!!

To be fair to Jill, I think she's spent a lifetime prioritizing between what has to be done NOW and what can be put off.  Her parents checked out long ago and left the running of the house to the kids.  In the first few specials, Michelle said that all the older kids were assigned a buddy, even the boys, but over time the boys were increasingly absent from helping with the youngers and the older daughters had more and more responsibilities placed on them.  The older boys were supposedly helping JB to build the new house, but when TLC stepped in and did that for them, it appears that the boys just hung around.

The transformation of the older girls curling their long hair (has to be kept long because that's how Daddy likes it - ew) and wearing more makeup, and wearing more modern clothes looks like the only advances they've made. 

Jana is now the real head of the house, deferring to her parents, but is still running the day to day operations.  I bet she's afraid to move on because she's worried about what would happen if she left.  She's become the house slave.  (I don't care about Grandma doing the laundry because she let JB&M film the disgraceful shows where Grandpa was wheeled out on an office chair to get his birthday cake, his shoe fell off and no one cared, and the whole time he didn't seem to understand what was going on.  After his death, JB&M went on a talking spree where they disparaged him.  Grandma has other options, if she wants to hide in the laundry room, go for it.)

Jill and Jessa found husbands and left, but their upbringing is still very much a part of them.  Personal cleanliness was not a priority in the past, and I doubt it will be in the future.  From their point of view, they grew up just fine without daily baths and washing their feet if they got dirty.  Why change now?  They're busy doing the things that are more important to them.  Jill's trying to outdo Michelle by having kids and she gets to do 'long term' mission work on top of that.  Jessa's also doing the baby thing, but she seems to be also trying to get she and Bin to become the next big televangelist power couple, starting with social media.  I'm not sure if she keeps posting selfies of herself in skin tight clothes or sucking suggestively on a sucker is her trying to make Christianity sexy, or if she's just too invested in her role as the 'prettiest Duggar daughter'.

ETA:  Taking the Jill R. comment to the Sweet Fellowship thread.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 2

I'm not sure if she keeps posting selfies of herself in skin tight clothes or sucking suggestively on a sucker is her trying to make Christianity sexy, or if she's just too invested in her role as the 'prettiest Duggar daughter'.

Given how limited their background is, though, hundreds of thousand of people who weren't essentially raised in a dungeon were sucked into the whole female abnegation is teh hawt! thing by Ted Haggard and Mars Hill.

• Love 2

Perhaps looking clean and fashionable would not fit in with the simple, missionary lifestyle they are trying to portray?People may not want to give them money if she looks too nice! Just kidding obviously, you can look groomed and stylish on a budget.

In all fairness, I think that the fact that Jill R.'s 12 kids are raising each other for her helps with that.

In the first few specials, Michelle said that all the older kids were assigned a buddy, even the boys, but over time the boys were increasingly absent from helping with the youngers and the older daughters had more and more responsibilities placed on them. The older boys were supposedly helping JB to build the new house, but when TLC stepped in and did that for them, it appears that the boys just hung around.  (I don't care about Grandma doing the laundry because she let JB&M film the disgraceful shows where Grandpa was wheeled out on an office chair to get his birthday cake, his shoe fell off and no one cared, and the whole time he didn't seem to understand what was going on.  After his death, JB&M went on a talking spree where they disparaged him.  Grandma has other options, if she wants to hide in the laundry room, go for it.)

I think the boys were judged a risk after what Josh did. And as for grandma, I find the most tedious part of laundry is the part where I have to hang it on the clothesline, and make sure to bring it in before nightfall or before the weather turns bad. Since Americans don't do this, and she's got 4 washing machines and 4 dryers, and none of them have nice clothes, I don't really see how laundry is laborious in the TTH. Put dirty clothes in one machine, then later take the now clean wet clothes and put them in another machine a metre away and that's it.

Jillian being in laid back "mission mode" is fine most of the time, IMO, but in this case, she was attending a wedding.

I wouldn't expect Jill to have taken any particularly formal clothes with her on her mission, and I don't think she had any to take anyway. Plus, the reception looks like it was held in a high school gym, it takes track pants to be underdressed at a high school gym reception.
  • Love 3

I do think one should dress for the occasion.  Jill put more effort into what she wore when she met Derick at the airport. If what your are wearing is appropriate for a construction zone in Central America (or in Michelle's case a tropical beach) it is not likely a good choice to wear to a formal wedding.

• Love 4

Right. Child care was exactly my first thought.

eta (because the post didn't show up until I posted): I think that's Izzy's seat.

Hmm I guess that could be the hand of a giant baby.

Do you think they used black and white to convey how they are traveling "backwards" in civilization.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

I do think one should dress for the occasion.  Jill put more effort into what she wore when she met Derick at the airport. If what your are wearing is appropriate for a construction zone in Central America (or in Michelle's case a tropical beach) it is not likely a good choice to wear to a formal wedding.

I disagree that Michael's wedding (or fundie weddings in general) can be classified as "formal". Besides, has there been any photos of Jill at the actual wedding yet? The one with her and Erin that was posted earlier was at the wedding rehearsal, which is different IMO. Based on what the other guests in the background were wearing (there's one in a jean skirt and flip-flops), Jill's everyday outfit of a t-shirt and long skirt doesn't seem that out of place.  I don't think it's really fair to compare the two girls anyway because Erin is very much a girly-girl who loves getting dolled up while Jill is more laid back about her appearance.

• Love 2

Jill and Derick at the reception. A high quality Duggar Studios production. LOL

They dressed for success! 

I also agree that fundie weddings are not formal. They pretty much wear their Sunday go meeting clothes, which aren't that great to begin with. 

• Love 3

I don't think they're at the reception. Brandon and Michael's reception was held in a gym and that video looks like it was shot while they were having breakfast in a church or someone's house.

It could be at the Bates' after-party. I doubt the Duggar boys who filmed this stayed at any hotel. 

edit b/c weird double post. 

Okay, I guess the boys could have shown up to Derick and Jill's hotel to drive them to the wedding in the Stink Bus or something. Benessa's congratulatory speech was done at the reception itself. No doubt about that one. 

All of the videos can be seen on the Duggars' website (alsomaybe facebook? I think that post directed to the blog)

Edited by Sew Sumi

I don't think they're at the reception. Brandon and Michael's reception was held in a gym and that video looks like it was shot while they were having breakfast in a church or someone's house.

That looks like continental breakfast at a motel.

At first this made me happy. But then I realized the Dill's are going to need someone to watch Iz while they're in Spanish class. But at least the girls have each other.

Wonder who's in charge deleting Instagram comments. It seems to have been "cleansed" in the last hour.

And what's with so many comments, throughout most Instagram posts, asking if it's okay to post the pix elsewhere? Am I missing something?

Joy flew to Central America with Dill. Wonder if she's Israel's Sister-Mom, since Jill hasn't popped out another blessing. One of the Bates girls went too.

Yes, I posted the link above. 

eta: NewDigs, there are TONS of Duggar fan pages on IG. They seem to now be asking persmission to use pics. I saw a TON of this going on yesterday as I dug through the Bates wedding stuff. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Jill needs a nanny and probably doesn't trust the locals.

You're undoubtedly right. And at first, it ticked me off that Jill is scarfing Joy for childcare in Central America. But then I thought - good! One less staff member for Me-Chelle. And bonus - Joy gets time away from the TTH.

• Love 4

Why does Jill need a nanny? She's an ablebodied young woman with an enormous amount of childcare experience in her twenties with one child. 

Edited by Julia
  • Love 4

Yes, I posted the link above. 

eta: NewDigs, there are TONS of Duggar fan pages on IG. They seem to now be asking persmission to use pics. I saw a TON of this going on yesterday as I dug through the Bates wedding stuff.

Perhaps some commenters are bowing down before their new overlords.

Frightening.

• Love 1

I wonder which flight that picture was taken on. I can't remember the last time I was on an airplane with that many open seats, especially during the summer.

I agree with you! Empty seats are a rarity these days. Joy might've taken the pic while they were still in the boarding process.

• Love 2

Joy is stunning, even with only half her face in the picture. And close up too. If my face was that close to the camera I would hit delete quicker than a Duggar can spot a Nike.

She really is. She's grown into an absolutely gorgeous young woman. Hope she's able to find some opportunities outside of the TTH.

They will probably fly back with Joy Anna and Carlin as chaperons.  A two-week mission trip for the girls sounds about right and means Jill and Derick can make it to the wedding. Didn't Jill's blog post say that she and Derick would be staying in the US for a while in September after language school?

I'm guessing that the donors are paying for this because didn't their blog post say that the money was going towards helping them settle in and other missionary-related expenses. They could twist it and say travel is part of their mission work. This is super shady. They have no transparency. If I was a donor I would be pissed. Most of them are megafans, but a few of those who believed in the idea of missionary work and that the Dillards have the right mindset may be turned off. Or at least I hope that some of those who donated think twice before continuing to pay for missionaries to visit their families in America. 

Edited by Cocka doodle dont
  • Love 4

I would think since mission service work and Central America are not a new concept for this family, that Jill and Derick would have taken the time to learn Spanish BEFORE going to Central America; not when they were already there. It is a waste of time to be studying the language when they should be 'in the field' evangelizing, or whatever it is that they planned to do down there...also, it's a waste of money to keep flying around the world as they are doing. This family seems to live an entitled lifestyle...mostly on funds from someone other than themselves. JMHO

With all the hoopla the Duggar family made over this trip about missing Jilly, etal; they acted like Jill, Derick and Izzy were going to move abroad for years, or permanently....she just left on July 5th and was already back...and will come back yet again...I never seem to understand these people.

• Love 10

This whole mission thing is a waste of time and obviously a vacation for the Dullards. It's an insult to people who truly dedicate themselves to helping others. I can understand flying back for Amy's wedding because she's family, but was the Michaela Bates affair a must-attend? Michaela is more Jana's friend, not Jill's. When was the last time the two of them hung out or even talked on the phone? I certainly don't expect the Dullards to be shackled to their post, but they haven't even been there for two months. Besides acting out horribly choreographed skits, what the hell have they accomplished to warrant the expense?

• Love 7

i THINK Jill and Dill came "home" for the special they are shooting on sexual abuse. they probably made a whole trip of it. Wedding, shower etc. 

But yeah, I agree. They were down there for what? a month? Why even bother? They didn't even get unpacked.

I think that mission trip is more about the missionaries than actually helping people. 

• Love 9

On a completely superficial note, I think Jill looks about seven thousand times more attractive than her duck-lipped, eight-sizes-too-small-t-shirt wearing, fire-spitting sister Jessa.

• Love 2