Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Thanks, this is just spot-on.

The whole thing just looks sad. These people have been on television for 10 years and they can't even ACT like they care that Jill and Derick are going away.

The thing that really got me, though, was the prayer. These people pray all the time, right? Why was that prayer so rambling and disjointed.  I could be wrong, but I felt the part in the middle about Jesus forgiving sins was a little mini-commercial for Josh -- "Jesus has forgiven him, why can everyone else?"

Satan could have prayed a more sincere prayer than that one. That prayer was just like every other thing about that family...fake, fake, fake.
  • Love 3
(edited)

wow, TLC won't film them, so they shot the video themselves.

They've become a Cargo Cult.

I can't decide if the filming indicates no more show, or that TLC is secretly filming. I'm leaning towards the former. Jill & Jessa: Newlyweds will be too boring. Plus, it makes them sound like a lesbian couple.

The video slyly avoided the living room. There's a TV lighting system installed on it's ceiling for filming. If it's been ripped out, I think the show is really over.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 8

Please pass the brain bleach. ;-)

And I'd like to tag along for the official PTV Duggar Forums "fact-finding mission", aka road trip. I'm sure Tuscany is lovely at any time of year! I'll bring the Suitcase of Snacks.

Any PTV forum venture needs a mod. My bags are packed and I am ready to go!

Getting back on topic, I do wonder what Jill will do in the way of missionary work.

• Love 8

This is from one of their close friends....

2CprS7o.jpg

Getting back on topic, I do wonder what Jill will do in the way of missionary work.

Derick does the conversions, and Jill teaches the converts how to act holier-than-thou. Win-Win!

• Love 3

So are giant first anniversary photo shoots the thing now? Maybe I'm just showing my middle-aged cynicism. Kind of reminds me of the gender reveal parties. The general Over Documenting of Every Life Event. Not that it's wrong . To each his/her own.

The abundance of Jerick kissing pictures crack me up. Just like they couldn't stop talking about how they didn't kiss before marriage, now they can't stop showing everybody that they do kiss. The "magic" picture has some kind of bizarro 80's vibe going on that is hilarious, especially since those two would not even get it, having not lived through that decade.

The one and only photographed kiss I have with my husband is at the alter on our wedding day. We will celebrate 22 years on Friday. Yes, you can keep love alive without your lip locks on social media :)

I'm 58 and never heard of gender reveals til watching the show.And we have never celebrated our aanniversary with anyone but ourselves! I agree, enough of kissing photos!!!

• Love 2

There are a lot of college kids who need Jesus. They can be found on campus and in nightclubs. Let's hope Jinger starts up a grift account so those college kids are no longer overlooked.

• Love 3
(edited)

A certain party spilled the beans on Facebook earlier this afternoon. They're in El Salvador...

Shocked, I tell you! Only, not so much. My instincts about these people are usually far better than the stupid leghumpers'. Maybe because I can assess a situation and think about it critically, something they are challenged to do about 99% of the time. Calling Central America, even with dweeb Boob calling it an "overseas"  assignment (I noted that many people refer to Central/South America  in this technically incorrect way), was easy. (never mind, I read the comments. I guess Pickles is now following this guy. Can't stand her, so I'll follow him myself from now on)

To refresh memories, Joe Donaldson is the Sam's Furniture guy who was featured around here a couple weeks ago when he took pics of the Duggars (and Sierra) renovating Smuggar's house, as well as the pics of Benessa at Sam's buying some kind of furniture. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Overseas. LMAO.

Seriously?! Over what sea? I remember when Britney Spears said Canada was abroad.

I think Michelle said Grandbabies like including future ones. They could be gone a short two years, and come back with four kids.

Michelle will obviously miss them because she is to busy to visit.

• Love 2

I just want to know why they are holding the ring like that, between their middle fingers.  Is it a "fuck you" to marriage, specifically their marriage?  Are they saying their marriage is nothing but a shiny, decorative, piece of jewelry?  Seriously, what is that point?  

• Love 3

The YouTube video is 100% the result of these people having cameras follow them around orchestrating a series of "events" for 10 years. They had limited ability to interact with each other normally due to the staggering amount of dysfunction Gothardism and Boob bring to the table. But they now view life a a video scrapbook that they provide for what they think are gazillions of devoted fans. Jilly Muffin is leaving the country for God knows how long? Let's film us praying and saying goodbye! If this isn't proof it's way past time to turn off the lights, I don't know what is.

• Love 10

I'm sorry, but all these posts making fun abt Derrick running away to get a new face, or hide because he's not attractive, I'm finding offensive.

We cannot help what we are born with, or had to have surgery correct.

In my late 50s, I had a misalignment problem and had a choice of surgery or braces to correct it.  I chose braces.  When I went to visit my sister, she was shocked when she saw me and said the braces had completely changed the way I looked.  (And she said it with a scowl, so I'm guessing it was not in a good way, lol).  Anyway, I had the braces for 5 years and I guess my face settled in to them.  But yeah, I had no choice in how my face turned out.  So, I hope Derrick's face will settle.  And if not, I'm sure Jill will still love him.

• Love 9

I just want to know why they are holding the ring like that, between their middle fingers.  Is it a "fuck you" to marriage, specifically their marriage?  Are they saying their marriage is nothing but a shiny, decorative, piece of jewelry?  Seriously, what is that point?  

The point is that Libby Zellon is a moron and a really crappy photographer to boot. :D

• Love 13

Jer is attending an ATI summer camp that rejects the 'myth of adolescence'* and makes him a man, or something.

* I know adolescence is a modern social construct, pedants. Here's your gold star.

Does Mechelle have to turn only one twin into a man so she can tell them apart?

• Love 4

Does Mechelle have to turn only one twin into a man so she can tell them apart?

I think it's more likely she just forgot the other one existed. The camp costs nearly $1600. Maybe they send one, then he teaches the other one for free.

• Love 11
(edited)

Exactly how many knuckles are supposed to be in an adult male's thumb, anyone know?

Maybe it's the marfans!

(Kidding, kidding - he doesn't have Marfan's).

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1

I kinda like J&D and their wrinkly, hippie-throwback look. Jill has said that she's not a 'shopper' and it's pretty obvious fashion is not her thing. Derick probably spent a lot of time hiking/climbing in Nepal...his clothes and gear (in that stupid zip-lining episode, where it was apparent that he more than knew what he was doing, but was not allowed to show up JB, the king buffoon) looked it. He and Jill wear REI-type sandals. He wears shorts.

His hair has gotten longer, which doesn't jive with the Gothard pamphlet of helmet-headed grooming.  I can see J&D&I all getting into the local look on this mission. I kinda (as much as I can stand any Duggar)  like them. I just hope they're going for all the right reasons, and not to film for TLC and $$$$. We'll see.......

• Love 8
(edited)

I too like their unconventional style. I also like that they seemed to enjoy eating different foods while in Nepal and since. I have to say they seem open to different cultures.

I still dislike that they plaster their images and that of Izzy all over social media, and yet still expect privacy. That ship has sailed.

Edited by Flowers
  • Love 4

Acting out bible stories to keep the kids entertained lol,Hours of endless fun.

From someone who has studied photography,that girls pictures are third rate crap,Daddy probably bought her a camera and the current Photoshop software for christmas.

• Love 12

I. Can't. Even.

Mentioning Derick's father's death to help with the rebranding? No words. I kept waiting for one of those sad abused dog PSA's with "In The Arms Of An Angel" to come on.

Derick looks sickly.

The kids look very rough.

JB looks like he gained 15 lbs and hasn't had a good night's sleep since Josh's little secret spilled.

MEchelle looks like a hot mess..

What were they thinking? Why did they have to place an emphasis on being forgiven for their mistakes?

• Love 3

I'm sorry, but all these posts making fun abt Derrick running away to get a new face, or hide because he's not attractive, I'm finding offensive.

We cannot help what we are born with, or had to have surgery correct.

He certainly can do something about his hair, clothes, general grooming.  Does he shower?  He doesn't appear to in any photos I've seen.  Why does he always look so slovenly?  If he thinks he looks presentable and Jill finds him attractive then that is wonderful, a true blessing.  But he looks really disgusting in the pictures that they are choosing to post publicly.   Perhaps he just photographs terribly.

• Love 2

I noticed James' shirt looked dirty. I wonder if the kids were playing outside in the heat and humidity and were then dragged in to make the video. It might explain their bedraggled appearance.

I think it was really messed up when Boob yanked Izzy out of Jackson's hands to play doting Grandpa. Let that poor boy hold his nephew! It looked like Jackson had a solid grasp on the baby so I don't think Boob did it out of safety concern. It was all about him cheesing for the cameras.

Jinger is looking scary thin. She used to have a really full face and now I barely recognize her.

• Love 4

Irisheyes,the death stats are interesting. Many counties are much better than the US and many of them are countries that one wouldn't think would be. It kind of makes me wonder how the stats are compiled, although you'd think DEAD would be rather definitive.

• Love 2

I never thought I'd say this, but I liked that video. Only because of the hug between Jill and Joy. That was the first real thing I've ever seen any Duggar do.

• Love 2

Irisheyes,the death stats are interesting. Many counties are much better than the US and many of them are countries that one wouldn't think would be. It kind of makes me wonder how the stats are compiled, although you'd think DEAD would be rather definitive.

I think it's a combination of a low birth rate in some countries, plus the lack of prenatal care in many areas of the US.

I really wonder how long they have had these plans in place and if it had anything to do with the recent scandal that came to light just a few weeks ago. I think they planned to do missionary work at some point but I wonder if it was supposed to be this soon.

Anyway, I wish them both well. Jill appears to know some Spanish, having had lessons from Marjorie's mom previously and she seems to really like the kids that she met at the orphanage. Derrick must have some idea of what he's doing, having served before in Nepal...hopefully both of them will do a better job than Jim Bob and Michelle on their previous trips.

• Love 2

I really wonder how long they have had these plans in place and if it had anything to do with the recent scandal that came to light just a few weeks ago. I think they planned to do missionary work at some point but I wonder if it was supposed to be this soon.

Anyway, I wish them both well. Jill appears to know some Spanish, having had lessons from Marjorie's mom previously and she seems to really like the kids that she met at the orphanage. Derrick must have some idea of what he's doing, having served before in Nepal...hopefully both of them will do a better job than Jim Bob and Michelle on their previous trips.

It clearly got started after stage 1 of his facial work, and that was less than 3 months ago itself. They really should have held off until his 'work in progress' face was finished. El Salvador would have been as evergreen for 'missions' in 1-2 years, as it is now. Some extra Spanish tutoring in the 1-2 year wait might have also clued them in as to what 'El Salvador' means.
(edited)

Exactly how many knuckles are supposed to be in an adult male's thumb, anyone know?

Seriously, what is that?  It doesn't look like a thumb at all.  

I wonder how many pregnancy tests Jill took on the trip.

ETA:  Jills fingernails look dirty.  You would think doing shots that have your hands shown so closely, she would have had Derrick paint her nails. 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 3

Honestly, I'm not seeing a lot of big first anniversary spreads. I'm guessing that was someone's "gift" to them.

I think so too, but I also think they went all out because it's their last "professional" (that hurts a little, labeling that hot mess professional) shoot for a long while.

I wonder how many pregnancy tests Jill took on the trip.

Maybe as few as NONE, if she's already pg again. But maybe, for the future. What's the shelf life on those things?

• Love 1

If they're doing language school, they're in for the long haul (more than a year). Jilly Muffin better hope they are in a decent city when Blessing #2 arrives. No way would I want to attempt a VBAC at a small medical clinic in rural El Salvador. There's a reason their maternal mortality rate is four times the US.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2223rank.html

Maybe, but not necessarily. I looked into volunteering in Costa Rica and they had programs where the first week was language school and the following three were the project.

• Love 1

I think so too, but I also think they went all out because it's their last "professional" (that hurts a little, labeling that hot mess professional) shoot for a long while.

These two won't go a month without some chalkboard-posed (Spanish text!) pictures in El Salvador. For fundraising, if nothing else.

• Love 3

I think it's more likely she just forgot the other one existed. The camp costs nearly $1600. Maybe they send one, then he teaches the other one for free.

Buy used and save the difference?

• Love 6

The US is known for it's high infant mortality in the developed world. It is a definite problem.

The stats are likely less reliable for third world countries where many things go unreported; but no matter how you look at it- the infant mortality rate in the US is bad for a country with the access to healthcare we have.

And for the record, I suspect Jill would come back to the US to deliver a second baby.

• Love 2

The US is known for it's high infant mortality in the developed world. It is a definite problem.

The stats are likely less reliable for third world countries where many things go unreported; but no matter how you look at it- the infant mortality rate in the US is bad for a country with the access to healthcare we have.

And for the record, I suspect Jill would come back to the US to deliver a second baby.

Um yeah I suspect that at 7 mo JillyMuffin and co will be purposed to to come home and spend time with Cathy

Which with any normal couple/missionary I wouldnt snark on. But the very fact that they will encourage people to have children for god in conditions that THEY would refuse to birth in ( assuming, yes) is the worst thing about it

• Love 1

ETA:  Jills fingernails look dirty.  You would think doing shots that have your hands shown so closely, she would have had Derrick paint her nails. 

I was beginning to wonder if that was just me seeing that and I was being too critical

• Love 3