Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Buy used and save the difference.

$118 retail -- the Vera Bradley Messenger Baby Bag in Provencal print (which might be on sale right now).

$118/20 kids = $5.90 per kid, assuming it doesn't fall apart before Jill's 19th VBAC ;)

• Love 4

Is the flight involving Charlotte actually Fayetteville, NC? The local airport is called XNA not Fayetteville. Just wondering.

XNA is Northwest Arkansas. 

However, real flights today don't bear out the Charlotte flight plan, which was during the week. There WAS a plane going to Dallas today and a USAir flight from DFW to Guatemala City a few hours later. I am positive this was their flight plan. 

(edited)

Sorry I wasn't clear. I know XNA is in NWA. I live here. I was just asking about NC due to the Charlotte leg. I was actually on a plane years ago before XNA was built & the airport was actually in Fayetteville & a guy got on the flight in Dallas thinking he was bound for Fayetteville, NC. Fortunately it was caught before we departed although it delayed us. Obviously this was pre-9/11.

Back to the Dillard's, I read the comment about extra Duggars departing with them. Can someone identity them? I can never tell most of them apart.

Edited by ramble

Wherever they were with the "Happy 4th" pic, he looks like Frankenstein, poor guy. I really have a hard time thinking he actually looks that bad in person. He's going to scare children in a foreign country. He never was very photogenic, though, so there is that.

On the other hand, I think Jill looks very pretty in the same pic.

I'm kind of impressed that the Dugg family is going with them (apparently) to see them into their new adventure. My daughter and her family (including my four grands aged 7-13) are actively preparing for a move to Nicaragua, and I sincerely hope SOMEONE in our family quits crying long enough to man up and give them a lovely shout out when they leave. So far...not so much. I'm thinking we will rock the entire eastern seaboard with our collective "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

• Love 1

Sorry I wasn't clear. I know XNA is in NWA. I live here. I was just asking about NC due to the Charlotte leg. I was actually on a plane years ago before XNA was built & the airport was actually in Fayetteville & a guy got on the flight in Dallas thinking he was bound for Fayetteville, NC. Fortunately it was caught before we departed although it delayed us. Obviously this was pre-9/11.

Back to the Dillard's, I read the comment about extra Duggars departing with them. Can someone identity them? I can never tell most of them apart.

I mentioned extra Duggars only because Jessa's statement at ALIVE made it appear that it would be a Duggar family trip. That may have been a bit of deception to throw off the media. I guess the only way we know if other Duggars went will be from social media. At this point, there's no way to know who, if anyone, accompanied the Dullards and their Vera Bradley bag (I thought it could be one, but was skeered to ID it without proof). LOL

• Love 2

So, these people are taking their newborn into a third world country that may or may not be eradicated of deadly diseases? Will God save baby Jews for Jesus from malaria? (Why couldn't they pick a name that had a ring to it like P. Willy Waller?)

A brief two point reminder:
1) Do not lecture, scold or be a dick in general to other posters. This includes essentially calling posters stalkers.

2) Israel Dillard is an infant. Izzy or Iz is an ok nickname. We're going to keep it at that. 

Thank you.

• Love 4

Still keeping it a secret. NO ONE CARES anymore about the country, Jessa's baby's sex, M4's name, etc. It's hard to know if it's force of habit, the prospect of being filmed, or both that keep them doling out info like this.

HA!! As has been blatantly and sadly shown. Jesus H...  Hey!! ISIS is out there.. Go sic em!!  Wow.

(edited)

I was just wondering.  What if that pic is not of Jerrick leaving for their mission trip.  Look at the 4th of July pic...looks like Jill gave him another bad haircut and his hair is long in the pic of them ready to board the airplane.

4th of July from Jill's IG  https://instagram.com/p/4vMdo1rs99/?taken-by=jillmdillard

from Jessa's IG  https://instagram.com/p/4xH2ADDftA/?taken-by=jessaseewald

Edited by abseedee
(edited)

I could see the back of Jessa's picture being the hair from the haircut. They didn't go that short, certainly not as short as it was when they got married. *shrug* Of course, Jessa could well have posted a picture of them flying off to Ohio for the ALIVE thing. I wouldn't put subterfuge like that past her. 

So, either could be true. :D

eta: I just found a fan pic from Ohio. Jill's wearing that same orange shirt and has her hair in a ponytail. So there ya go. Jessa is at it again! 

That said, I don't have much problem with the itinerary. They would be safely in GC by now. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
(edited)

Years ago, between high school and college I worked as a cashier at a CVS. So many women would purchase pregnancy tests and then ask to use our bathroom. The Duggar women folk remind me of those customers who needed to know whether they were pregnant or not moments atter their purchase.

I just wanted to point out that another reason women do this is so they don't have to purchase the pregnancy test. Which is why they are now locked up at your local Walgreens.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1
(edited)

My edit on the previous page confirms that it was taken the day they flew to Ohio. Jill's orange shirt was another consistency, as well as the longer hair. I thought Derick didn't get as much taken off, but I had to go look at the picture more closely than I really wanted to, and saw that his hair was cut shorter than I'd originally thought. 

However, they could have still flown USAirways today. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I just wanted to point out that another reason women do this is so they don't have to purchase the pregnancy test. Which is why they are now locked up at your local Walgreens.

If they'd already purchased the pregnancy test and then asked to use the bathroom, I don't understand this statement.  Unpaid for merchandise is never allowed in the restroom, so I don't see how someone is going to use a pregnancy test, and then not pay for it.  If they're going to stoop low enough to sneak it in there, they're not going to pay for it.

• Love 1

So a bunch of family members are going to fly with them to see them off into this new land?  Did I read that right?

Why not just use the money instead to support the Dillards?!  This makes me so mad!  They do crap like this, Jill can't work for the first 10 months of her life (must stay home to tend to the house and wait to be pregnant), but yet asking others for their hard-earned money to support them is ok.  I guess I shouldn't blame them. It is the ones that support them that are fools.  They should be asking these questions.  Wonder what slick answer they could come up with?

• Love 4

So a bunch of family members are going to fly with them to see them off into this new land? Did I read that right?

Why not just use the money instead to support the Dillards?! This makes me so mad! They do crap like this, Jill can't work for the first 10 months of her life (must stay home to tend to the house and wait to be pregnant), but yet asking others for their hard-earned money to support them is ok. I guess I shouldn't blame them. It is the ones that support them that are fools. They should be asking these questions. Wonder what slick answer they could come up with?

If this is true it's ridiculous. Imagine how much money was spent in plane tickets that could have gone directly to the mission. Not to mention Jill and Derick are grown adults who have traveled internationally before.

I'm sure the Dullards supporters will be thrilled to know they financed a Duggar vacation.

• Love 2

So a bunch of family members are going to fly with them to see them off into this new land?  Did I read that right?

Why not just use the money instead to support the Dillards?!  This makes me so mad!  They do crap like this, Jill can't work for the first 10 months of her life (must stay home to tend to the house and wait to be pregnant), but yet asking others for their hard-earned money to support them is ok.  I guess I shouldn't blame them. It is the ones that support them that are fools.  They should be asking these questions.  Wonder what slick answer they could come up with?

I don't know anything about anyone traveling with them.  But it's even worse than this since Jill did work, and made a ton of money.  Of course, making tons of money isn't a problem, it's the Dillards acting as though they didn't earn 6+ figures in the last year and then going on to beg for more under the guise of 'mission work'.  

• Love 8

I'm not even convinced that they're actually doing a mission. More like hiding out in a third world country while his face heals. When they come back to the U.S., he'll look like a completely different man. No more mascot costumes to cover that face. Bookmark this post because when they return, he'll be on the cover of People looking very different.

• Love 6
(edited)

You are right - Jill did work.  Some mid-wife assistant stuff and she should have been paid separately for her part on the show. 

I didn't even think about the midwifery stuff.  I thought it was still officially in training, but maybe not.  Still, on top of being paid for the show, they had speaking engagements, magazine covers, solo tv interviews, and the tens of thousands of dollars in registry gifts.  And then there's Derick's Wal-Mart salary which was likely reasonably healthy.  

Edited by bluebonnet
  • Love 2

I know, shouldn't every penny count when you are missionaries. I can't imagine where they are going has a high cost of living. If they are going to SOS or a program, it might have some housing options. 10 Duggar plane tickets overseas could be living expenses for the Dillard's for months.  I wonder when the last time Jim Bob or any Duggar had to use there own money that was not made from TLC, People, or love donations? If there never was a show I bet Jim bob would not shell out 7-10k or more on plane tickets for the Duggars to say good bye to Jill.

I remember growing up catholic, sometimes nuns would come into mass and ask for donations for their missionary work. I remember they would come and talk about the school they were building, or medical clinic they were running. Then you had the option of donating $25 for books or $50 for medicine. Maybe Jill and Derick want to keep the location secret but why not say, $50 donation for Bibles or $25 for candy or if they were really going to build a women's clinic(doubtful) then have people donate specially for that. People want to know where their money is going to.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know anything about anyone traveling with them. But it's even worse than this since Jill did work, and made a ton of money. Of course, making tons of money isn't a problem, it's the Dillards acting as though they didn't earn 6+ figures in the last year and then going on to beg for more under the guise of 'mission work'.

I agree. If the show made money ( and it did), then some of that money is rightfully Jill's. I don't know what kind of contracts were signed and how much control JB has over the money, but technically, at least, Jill has been working, fwiw, on a "reality" tv show for the last 10? years. Also, $$ has been made from appearances and the book-- although it can be argued how much or how little-- income was earned.

This is not the same situation as other, average people who desire to go on a mission asking for donations. The Dillards should be funding their own mission, imo.

Edited to add: Oh, and I call horsepoop on the whole " security" secrecy thing, too. Are they going to do missionary work incognito? Make everyone they come in contact with sign confidentiality contracts? Ridiculous.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 5

They've also "purposed to spend as much time with friends and family as..."

Good grief.

LOL!  I saw that too.  My first thought was "can't you just say 'we are trying to visit all of our friends and family before leaving'?"

• Love 5
(edited)

And I'd also like to state for the record that it's beyond hilarious that derickdillard has now picked up the annoying "purposing" as well.

How much does anyone here want to bet that there is another People cover in the works describing the Dillards' having to "flee from the United States" due to unspecified threats and their new "baby joy" in an undisclosed location?

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 8

Far be it from my to defend any of these clowns, but I have known missionaries who couldn't disclose exactly where they were serving for security purposes. They didnt travel with their huge extended family in tow, though.

As for the prayer cards, they may mean something else, but a lot of missionaries I'm familiar with hand out cards bearing their picture, name, where they're serving, and sometimes specific prayer requests. They ask people to keep the card on their fridge or in their Bible as a reminder to pray for them.

• Love 3
(edited)

"sending out family prayer cards" -- what does that mean? Are those like donation request cards?

I honestly thought it was to solicit prayers so the plane wouldn't crash or something. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

Dillard Family blog, July 5 update can't tell us where they're going for 'security reasons'.

I've known a few families who went in missions trips but couldn't tell anyone where they were going. It's pretty standard with international missions, although I have known people who claimed the same during domestic trips as well (although I suspect they just wanted to feel special). But I will say that the secrecy made me want to hold on to my money and donations for 'security reasons'.

• Love 6
(edited)

I love how they give a shout out to their financial partners. I'm imaging these fools in Middle America, wearing a jumpsuit full of logos from their financial partners. Like Ricky Bobby.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HfwnpGDFD8

Since they revealed financial partners, it's fair to assume that any product tweets for the next few months are paid for.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

On FJ someone posted pics of them at the airport yesterday. So apparently they did leave and Jessa just posted an old pic as an illustration. I actually don't see that as a big deal.

(edited)

That's actually not unheard of/unreasonable for Western missionaries working in Communist or Muslim countries. Not sure it applies here though, if we're assuming they're headed for Latin America.

See, I get it (kind of) if you are going into a highly dangerous area, which I tend to doubt the Dillard's are. However, once you get there, isn't it going to be known locally where the missionaries are, and if there are guerrilla or terrorist groups in that area, wouldn't they find out pretty easily? Don't really understand it-- security measures, yes-- secrecy? -- doubtful if that provides any protection when you are ostensibly doing community outreach work of any kind.

As a side note: Last summer my daughter and I were on a road trip to Louisiana from PA. When stopped overnight in Tenn., we ate in a chain restaurant there. Our server was a pleasant young woman who proudly announced to us that this was her last night working there as she would be leaving on a mission trip. Destination, purpose and affiliated group were all related to us. Btw, her destination was Africa.

Edited by Adiba

See, I get it (kind of) if you are going into a highly dangerous area,

In the cases I've seen, it isn't so much a "dangerous" area, as an area where proselytizing is illegal. If you advertise you are going to China, for example (I think this is one where it is the case), for a missionary trip, you can be arrested.

But if you go to China to build orphanages, you're all good.  The locals will figure out you are there to talk about Jesus, and it stays hush-hush.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not even convinced that they're actually doing a mission. More like hiding out in a third world country while his face heals. When they come back to the U.S., he'll look like a completely different man. No more mascot costumes to cover that face. Bookmark this post because when they return, he'll be on the cover of People looking very different.

I just saw in IG post from a friend of Famy's who attends Cross Church. She said a mission trip just left for El Salvador (apparently she went last year). Given that Jerick are now also attending Cross Church, it's a strong possibility they went with this group and NOT SOS. However, that doesn't mean that they won't hook up with Mike Schadt after this more formal Southern Baptist jaunt has ended. This may also explain why other Duggars don't appear to have gone; Jessa is still home, Instagramming up a storm. Let's see if Jessa's statement about the family mission trip this month hold any water, or if she was also lying to the crowd to protect Jill at the ALIVE festival Q&A. 

I also agree that they didn't disclose location because TLC cameras accompanied them. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3