Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Oh come now.  I tried to raise Sea Monkeys and failed.  Apparently they don't like sitting too near a sunny window.  Besides, what are you supposed to do with them?  They don't even know you exist.  I doubt they were screaming for me to come save them as their water got hotter, or thought "I hate you" as they died.  

But I raised three kids to adulthood, and they're doing just fine.  They don't mind sunny windows.  

When my son was little, we tried to "raise" them. Pinpoint blobs in water that died. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Oh, dear. I read this without reading the post you were referring to (about the sea monkeys). I also read son as sons. So then I thought you were saying you tried to raise your sons when they were little but your sons were pinpoint blobs in water that died. I was quite concerned about you, and was relieved when I  realized my my mistake!!

It would be pretty awful of me to post something like that! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It would be pretty awful of me to post something like that! 

Oh yes,  it would have been. That is why I was both confused and somewhat horrified. Fortunately it was just my reading too quickly and not taking the time to read the post you were quoting. An important lesson for the future. 

• Love 4

I wonder what #besthubbyever did for Jilly today? Put his shoes away? Rinsed a plate? She seems to glorify every small thing he does. Maybe she's going to be heavy on the lotion tonight. Being Valentines day and all. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because my phone put a random period where one didn't belong.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I wonder what #besthubbyever did for Jilly today? Put his shoes away? Rinsed a plate? She seems to glorify every small thing he does. Maybe she's going to be heavy on the lotion tonight. Being. Valentines day and all. 

🤮

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I wonder what #besthubbyever did for Jilly today? Put his shoes away? Rinsed a plate? She seems to glorify every small thing he does. Maybe she's going to be heavy on the lotion tonight. Being Valentines day and all. 

I bet he got her chocolate milk!  I’m sure we’ll get a whole blog post about it. 

• LOL 10
16 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Put the seat down on the toilet is my guess.

• LOL 17
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Instead we get this. I guess #besthubbyever was a disappointment this year. (3 pics, 1 video)

WTH?  Please tell me that Jill doesn’t have Sam holding a raw potato over the flame.

16 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Yikes couldn't she have done something with her skin before doing an extreme close-up? Not sure if that's acne but wow Jill, not making me want to buy that stuff at all.

I'm also curious about what chapstick she used that made her lips peel. Like, did she try any other brands or flavors before she concluded that apparently all chapstick makes her lips peel and nipple cream is better?

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Yikes couldn't she have done something with her skin before doing an extreme close-up? Not sure if that's acne but wow Jill, not making me want to buy that stuff at all.

Another Yikes! Um... do your nails? Fix up your manicure? I mean, I am not an influencer or anything so I may not know the rules and all...

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I'm surprised no one has taught them about filters.. because that close up could have been filtered a bit.. to smooth out some of the troubled areas of the skin.. so that the focus was on the lips instead of on the skin.

Also, I do like that she's trying different things with raising two children like going to the library, hanging out with friends with kids, etc.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

She's a walking 'before' picture.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Gotta admit ...the long term plan for Derick's teeth kinda paid off. They're pretty nice.

Jill's little one (Sam?) is the cutest #littleduggar of them all. Just adorable.

I feel sorry for Jill for a multitude of reasons, so I have a hard time snarking on her. I feel that #besthubbyever and #bestgrammaever are really her closest family members. Rather sad. And I think they do activities based on their budget. So points for that.

Go Jill.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm also curious about what chapstick she used that made her lips peel. Like, did she try any other brands or flavors before she concluded that apparently all chapstick makes her lips peel and nipple cream is better?

To be fair to Jill, lanolin lip products are a thing. They're under the brand name Lanolips and stupid expensive for what they are, though they do come in different tints and flavors. 

I've been toying with the idea of trying the $7 tube of the nipple ointment over buying the $16 dollar lip version from Ulta too, but I wouldn't broadcast my nipple-turned-lip treatment on my social media. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, McManda said:

To be fair to Jill, lanolin lip products are a thing. They're under the brand name Lanolips and stupid expensive for what they are, though they do come in different tints and flavors. 

I've been toying with the idea of trying the $7 tube of the nipple ointment over buying the $16 dollar lip version from Ulta too, but I wouldn't broadcast my nipple-turned-lip treatment on my social media. 

Yeah, I could see that reasoning. Advertising it to the whole world? That I don't get. 

• Love 5